The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2006, 02:39 PM   #81
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I could go with any bandwaggon getting rid of the minor works characters asap... Let's have a couple of double lynches first and continue the game then? We'll have to do away with them anyhow sooner or later, right? Or could someone of you really think of one of them as the winner?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:47 PM   #82
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Well, I agree with almost all of the minor characters getting the boot. But I think we should keep Goldberry around just a little longer. But I still want to get rid of Arwen (curse the usurper!) and Maglor...
Old 08-10-2006, 03:32 PM   #83
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Just because he was in a minor work does not change the fact that Chryspohylax is cooler than many of the characters here. I don't really give a twit about any of the other MW peeps (since my other favorites didn't make it to the allstar game... seems a shame Perry the Pom Pom and Princess Pom Pomier got to be ressurected when far more worthy candidates such as Farmer Giles and Roveranndom did not) but really, you can't just expell Chrysi with the lame reasoning that the story he was in wasn't as long as the others. Even if you do, might I remind you that he is a prominent character in what is arguably the finest RPG series to ever grace the 'Downs. And length? Oh, we got that, brothas and sistas.

Anyway, who to vote for?

+ + Maglor

Just because I feel sorry for morm.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:44 PM   #84
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
++Maglor

I agree, let us get those pansy elves outta here!

Also, I will demolish any who attempt to thwart my plan to see Smaug and Chrysophylax through to the final.

Actually, scanning through the names, I've changed me mind.

--Maglor

++Perry-the-Winkle

Now that's a pansy name if I've ever heard one. And I don't even know what work he's from, so he needn't remain. To the plank with 'em!
Old 08-10-2006, 05:50 PM   #85
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Perry Como(tose) was in The Adventures of Tom Bombadil -- he was a particularly fat hobbit who befriended a troll, and wore cardigans and crooned "Catch a Falling Star."

I think I will stick with Maglor though. I mean, that letter from The Man himself was pretty damning. Thanks morm, for digging that up.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:33 PM   #86
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Right, I´ve run through the lists and I´ve found someone I find even more annoying than the recently evicted TB.

++INGWE

Is he a teacher´s pet, or is he a teacher´s pet?
Old 08-10-2006, 09:21 PM   #87
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
++Sauron.

You can't trust him no matter how far you throw him. He repented after Morgoth was defeated but he refused to stand the judgment of the Valar and became a Dark Lord himself.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:05 PM   #88
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
++Maglor

I guess pity support is better than no support. Oh and don't worry I can find all sorts of obscure quotes from Tolkien and they oddly match my exact feelings
Old 08-10-2006, 11:06 PM   #89
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Okay, I too will vote

++Maglor

Just to get him out of here. His singing is getting annoying, even more so than Bombadillo's singing, and that was driving me nuts!!
Old 08-11-2006, 03:11 AM   #90
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Imagine you are the King of the Gods. You live high on Taniquetil. You are the Lord of the airs. You are both wise and powerful. You have a force of eagles over in Middle-Earth which allow you to intervene practically everywhere you desire in the nick of time. You even have a fancy sceptre. Shouldn't you be loved and praised and be called upon by all free peoples?

Yet...

The only ones who ever called upon you were some retarded* oathtakers and a bad marksman who clearly inhaled too much of the fumes of Thangorodrim. No matter how many people your eagles save, in danger they will call for the help of your wife, who did little more than to kindle some faraway stars. In fact, they will rather cry the name of a former immortal who's dead since millennia to come for their help.

This guy depresses me.

++Manwe

*be assured that, in the future, I will deny to ever have made this statement.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:35 AM   #91
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm going to stick with my Silmarillion schtick.

Macalaure's right about Manwe's always wife being favoured. In fact, most of the guys on Taniquetil seem to have this problem of being overshadowed by their wives. The eagles just don't dare enough. Wussies!

++Manwe
Old 08-11-2006, 05:26 AM   #92
Mirkgirl
Haunting Spirit

Mirkgirl has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Skype™ to Mirkgirl
++ Manwe

The eagels always seemed to me to act on their own accord tho rather than on direct 'orders'. Or did I overlook something in my half-blind detest of the airy lord? Probably...
"Hobbits! Well, what next? I have heard of strange doings in this land, but I have seldom heard of a hobbit sleeping out of doors under a tree. Three of them! There's something mighty queer behind this."
Mirkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 05:35 AM   #93
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Bombadil must be avenged. . .

++Manwe

It is funny how we hardly even consider voting for "the minor works", maybe because we don't have that many feelings for them. . . It would be a shame if they won because of that.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:15 AM   #94
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Oh well. If I can´t get rid of the pet, I´ll get rid of the petter.

--INGWE

++MANWE
Old 08-11-2006, 07:19 AM   #95
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
It is funny how we hardly even consider voting for "the minor works", maybe because we don't have that many feelings for them. . . It would be a shame if they won because of that.
Doubtful, but not, from my point of view, too terribly horrible. As the MWS mod I can hardly condone the act of voting them off purely because of their category. After all, it might be amusing to see how upset people get if they stick around longer than they ought to. Every game needs its pet controversy.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:24 AM   #96
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
Quote:
+ + Maglor

Just because I feel sorry for morm.
Ditto. + + Maglor
Old 08-11-2006, 09:32 AM   #97
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Don't feel sorry for Mormegil, he is both manipulative and a turncoat . . . . I am sure it has been his plan to get these sympathy votes, all the time.

Old 08-11-2006, 09:33 AM   #98
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Okay, I'm going to steal Wilwa's job for a minute here and tally the votes.

Maglor - 4
Perry-the-winkle - 1
Sauron - 1
Manwe - 5

Come! Help us save the Lord of the Winds and of teh Valar!! Vote out Maglor!!
Old 08-11-2006, 10:34 AM   #99
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

I have been studiously avoiding this game up to now, as my view as to how the game should be played always seems to be diametrically opposed to most other players and very few people ever seem to share my favourites (just like Big Brother ).

Yet now two characters, both of whom deserve the boot, are leading in the voting stakes, and I perceive the opportunity for a most satisfying double eviction.

For mormegil (to whom I owe many debts in this game) ...

+ + MAGLOR

The vastly over-rated son of the vastly over-rated Feanor. Need I say more?
Old 08-11-2006, 11:05 AM   #100
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
++Manwe

At least Maglor is rather complex; the same really can't be said for Manwe. Totally goody-goody, ruler of the Valar, close to Eru... there's nothing terribly interesting about all that.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:43 AM   #101
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Thank you Saucie but Firefoot I implore you to retract your vote so a double eviction can take place. I am actually a fan of Manwe so it saddens me but I'm willing to sacrifice him to get out the son of Feanor.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:50 AM   #102
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

If Firefoot retracts her vote it would not be you sacrificeing Manwe, but you getting the eviction you want handed to you on a silver plate.

Old 08-11-2006, 12:07 PM   #103
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

++ MAGLOR

Let's face it, the guy was just all wet.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:07 PM   #104
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

--Sauron
++Maglor

To try to save Manwe.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:58 PM   #105
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Day three was a very close call, it came very near to a double lynching...I mean, a double cast off.

Maglor - 7
Perry-the-Winkle - 1
Ingwe - 1
Manwe - 6

But Maglor, the second son of Feanor, was the one cast of the island on Day 4.

Maglor stood and began to walk away. When suddenly the Maglor Fan Club (of course its real ) had formed an angry mob and began to stampede towards the "set" of Survivor All Star, in their excitement of forming an angry mob they didn't notice the object of their desire and ran over him, stomping him to the ground.

Thus ends Day 4 (and Maglor)!

The remaining contestants:

From the Lord of the Rings Survivor
Merry
Gimli
Hama
Gandalf
Arwen

From the Silmarillion Survivor
Sauron
Elbereth
Osse
Manwe
Ingwe

From the Hobbit Survivor
Smaug
The Bullroarer
Gloin
Durin
Bofur

From the Second Age Survivor
Tar-Miriel
Celebrimbor
Celebrian
Thorondor
Tar-Aldarion
Ar-Pharazon

From the Minor Works Survivor
Chrysophylax Dives
Goldberry
Alf the Prentice, King of Faerie
Perry-the-Winkle
Princess Pam

Sorry I ended up being so late, we stopped a couple of times on the way home.

I work til two tomorrow, so the day will end half an hour late. Sorry if this causes any inconveniences.

You may now start voting!

Last edited by wilwarin538; 08-11-2006 at 01:08 PM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:58 PM   #106
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Why would anyone want to save the lil daddy's boy Manwe? His name has Man in it, but he sure doesn't act that way. Always having someone else do something for him, because he's not 'man' enough. I mean instead of him going to the Black Gate to do away with the Nazgul, he's got to send the Eagles. Which creates an even bigger plot hole as fans question, why in the heck couldn't the Eagles of carried Frodo to Mount Doom? No...I wonder why couldn't Manwe have dealt with the ring? Well, because he was a panzy that made others do things for him.

++Manwe

SpM, go with your heart, this is survivor, you don't owe anyone anything.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:10 PM   #107
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Sorry Boro, looks like we posted at the excact same time.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:13 PM   #108
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I don't know why I even bother to get involved in these games, all that hapens is that I get upset over the evictions. I am actually quite mad and feel like shouting at someone. . .

Old 08-11-2006, 01:14 PM   #109
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

But it's just a game!! But if you must shout, shout! It actually feels quite good.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:18 PM   #110
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
I don't know why I even bother to get involved in these games, all that hapens is that I get upset over the evictions. I am actually quite mad and feel like shouting at someone. . .
I'm right here Rune

Well done everybody we got the little prat out of here so as to make him not win this contest.

My vote for today will go with whomever presents the best arguement.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:23 PM   #111
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Quote:
Sorry Boro, looks like we posted at the excact same time.
I demand it be counted!...well actually not really, at least I got in the first vote for this new day...drat Survivor is a game only a matter of seconds...I tried morm . I should have stopped watching Poker Superstars and came on to vote...but you know how priorities work.

Let the games begin...

Quote:
My vote for today will go with whomever presents the best arguement~morm
My Celebrimbor argument wasn't good enough for you? Get this other relative of Feanor out of here, they're useless.

Though I would encourage also to get rid of Manwe. What's with everyone wanting to keep around all the goody-too-shoes? What a great show that would turn out to be, everyone all chummy getting along fine as if nothing was wrong. I mean even the Brady Bunch, the most family oriented show had conflict, strife, and intrigue. This is shaping up to be one of the worst rated Survivor's ever if this path continues.

Last edited by Boromir88; 08-11-2006 at 01:30 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 01:25 PM   #112
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

those comments just made me even more angry
*shouts very abusive things at Mormegil and Glirdan*

Why don't I just make up a list of characters I like and then you guys can vote them off one by one. . .

Old 08-11-2006, 02:13 PM   #113
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Oh come on! Don't make so easy!
Old 08-11-2006, 02:21 PM   #114
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Morm, Di, Glirdy, Tuor, Sauce, Kuru and Elf-Warrior... You can be sure you won't have any support from me during this game!

Oh, I admit, I'm bitter...

Is there anyone else who wants to get rid of the Bullroarer and golf?
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:28 PM   #115
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

THANK YOU!! Someone else who sees Bullroarer as useless!!

++Bullroarer

What did he actually do in The Hobbit? NOTHING!! He wasn't even a main character! He was only mentioned in passing!!
Old 08-11-2006, 03:04 PM   #116
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Boromir your Celebrimbor was moderately convincing but that wasn't today. I need new fresh material. I'd be more than willing to vote with the proper persuasion today.

Quote:
Morm, Di, Glirdy, Tuor, Sauce, Kuru and Elf-Warrior... You can be sure you won't have any support from me during this game!
So what happens if I say I want to vote of the Bullroarer?

Problem with Bullroarer is he does have a great song named after him by Midnight Oil.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:36 PM   #117
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

++Sauron

Do not trust him!

I wholly disagree with those who want to boot off the Bullroarer. You have to admit it's a cool name (better than his real name) and he helped the Hobbits defeat the Orcs at the Battle of Greenfields. Let's honor him for his part in keeping the Shire green.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:40 PM   #118
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Maglor - gone
Witch-King - gone

This game is stupid!

I am going to ignorantly take out my frustration on the minor works characters.

++Chrysophylax Dives

I can hardly pronounce that... away with it.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:06 PM   #119
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

elf-warrior, I don't like your Sauron vote, but I agree with you about Bullroarer. Somebody has to cheer for the underdogs.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:52 PM   #120
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

OK Boro, morm.

Let's get that Celebrimbor bandwaggon rolling.

The guy has the most ridiculous name of all. I feel embarassed just typing it. It's far too ungainly. Say it out loud a few times. Cel-e-brim-bor. Pure nonsense! And the last syllable sums him up really.

What! that's not good enough for you?

Well, let's rehash all those old arguments.

He must take the lion's share of the responsiblity for the whole Ring farce. He was vain enough to be flattered by Sauron into cooperating with him to make the other Rings of Power. Not only did that give Sauron the knowledge he needed to make the One Ring, but it also gave him the incentive to do so. The main purpose of the One Ring was to give Sauron power over the Elves through the domination of the Three Elven Rings. Who made those Three Rings? Why, Celebrimbor of course! Ergo, Celebrimbor (darn, I hate typing that name) was responsible for the creation of the One Ring and, in consequence, all the suffering that occured during the War of the Ring.

And the buffoon ended up impaled on a the standard borne by Sauron's armies. How embarassing is that?

He does not deserve to come anywhere near the prize for this contest. Vote him out now.

+ + CELEBRIMBOR