The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2002, 11:26 PM   #1
Enkanowen
Haunting Spirit

Enkanowen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril I didn't know where to post this, so I thought here would be ok...

well, I don't want to seem self indulgent, but I started writing a Lord of the Rings fan fiction story. (no it is not sappy in love with one of the characters and getting married to them... yet... jk) So, I thought I just post the link here. And everyone else who writes Fan Fiction, feel free to post your own links to your stories as well. I'll make sure I'll check em out.

Fan Fic Story [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Enkanowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 02:16 AM   #2
Rosa Underhill
Shade of Carn Dūm

Rosa Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Rosa Underhill
Sting

I don't write much fanfiction myself but I just read what you have so far and it's pretty good. Do tell, though, why's it rated R? Please tell me it doesn't get any worse than the blood and stuff; I'd like to read more but I try to avoid any sexual content in what I read.

But yes, it's very good so far. I like the detail you use. The way in which Cara keeps switching worlds makes me think a little bit of the book "Eli" too, only Cara goes in and out of both worlds a lot more than the guy in "Eli". I'm not so sure about the Legolas thing, though... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] (That's just me, though. Not a 'Leggo' fan meself.)
Old 02-04-2002, 01:40 PM   #3
Enkanowen
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

it's rated R mostly for descriptive violence and mature themes... i don't think i'll have anything too sexual in the story, and if i do i'll put a warning at the beginning of the chapter. so, no worries
Old 02-04-2002, 09:49 PM   #4
Rosa Underhill
Shade of Carn Dūm

Rosa Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Rosa Underhill
Sting

Yay! You are kind and merciful! No warnings is one of the main reasons why I detest Fanfiction.net so... I'm starting to only read anything there by a) recommendation and b) keyword search of my own. I always check the ratings before I read.
Old 02-05-2002, 01:11 AM   #5
Nazgūl Queen
Haunting Spirit

Nazgūl Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<center><font color="red">Oooooh... great story! I cant wait to read more!

Maybe you could read and review my humble LotR Fanfiction? Its my first fanfiction ever....
I had to put the Legolas bit in for Tinuviel, my friend, as she's obsessed with him [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=577605The tale of Morauko and Tinuviel</a>

Thanx a lot,
[img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] Morauko, the Nazgul Queen! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2002, 08:15 AM   #6
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Don't forget that the Downs has a fan fiction page linked to its main page. Feel free to submit your fan fiction to be included on our site!
Old 02-08-2002, 02:47 PM   #7
Enkanowen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Quote:
Originally posted by Nazgūl Queen:
<STRONG><center><font color="red">Oooooh... great story! I cant wait to read more!

Maybe you could read and review my humble LotR Fanfiction? Its my first fanfiction ever....
I had to put the Legolas bit in for Tinuviel, my friend, as she's obsessed with him [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=577605The tale of Morauko and Tinuviel</a>

Thanx a lot,
[img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] Morauko, the Nazgul Queen! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]</STRONG>
i bookmarked your story under favourite stories, i REALLY enjoyed the first chapter, i'll read the rest over the weekend and i'll post a review after that [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]