The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-24-2009, 11:57 PM   #401
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Nogrod! Stop it!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:57 PM   #402
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Ok, so even after a lot of thinking and really not going off of what Rune said, my vote is:

++Durelin

I know its IC voting, but part of me thinks that putting her as a wolf would have been genius.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:57 PM   #403
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Yeah, since when have we been paying attention to me? I thought this day was basically dedicated to figuring out what Rikae was doing with her "I'm the Seer" joke, and then trying late to decipher Dury's Ranger wannabe-ness.

She should be posting content, not just in character narration.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:59 PM   #404
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Anyone having an idea about the votes thus far?
Old 01-24-2009, 11:59 PM   #405
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
++Durelin

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:59 PM   #406
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
This is a hard one. I pick...the phantom! Just kidding. Fea = bad influence.

In all seriousness, I think I'm going to vote Durelin tonight. Posting IC 40 minutes before deadline seems like a strange move, and it makes me very suspicious. (See my above post for more explanation)

++Durelin

x-ed with Nog, Lari, Fea, Nog, and Rune
Old 01-25-2009, 12:00 AM   #407
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Crap, three minutes til deadline. Everyone's gonna x-post their votes, I just know it.

++Fea

Last edited by Brinniel; 01-25-2009 at 12:10 AM. Reason: X-ed since page 11
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:00 AM   #408
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
That's what you get for calling me boring!
Old 01-25-2009, 12:00 AM   #409
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++Durelin
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:00 AM   #410
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I have no really good explanation for voting Durlein other than she seem slightly off. . .and that I really want to keep fea in the game.

Old 01-25-2009, 12:01 AM   #411
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

*is not boring*
Old 01-25-2009, 12:01 AM   #412
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
++Mac
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:01 AM   #413
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Btw, I don't like this Durelin bandwagon. I'm not sure why everyone finds her suspicious. I'll have to look at the voting toMorrow.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:01 AM   #414
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
D-d-d-deadline. I'm going to tally the votes (though I think Durelin is the kill). I'll reveal the lynchee's role when I tally the votes. I'll get a proper narration up when I wake up in the morning.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:01 AM   #415
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Oh my... I'll have to stick with it then and pay the consequences...

++ Durelin

EDIT: X'd with the deadline... sorry. I was trying to get a glimpse of the votes and was late.

Last edited by Nogrod; 01-25-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:01 AM   #416
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Looking at my list, there's probably a wraith or two, or three, among the ones I labeled as "innocent." But I can't pick out any of them, they aren't showing themselves.

And I'm not going to join in this Durelin-lynching-mob.

++Mac

Sorry Mac (if I'm wrong - I'm not sorry at all if I'm right).

Edit: same, got caught previewing before posting.

Last edited by Beregond; 01-25-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Beregond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:02 AM   #417
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

plus fea supportet me on my day 1 vote, I would be a "skarn" (danish word) not to support her today.

Old 01-25-2009, 12:03 AM   #418
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
I have no really good explanation for voting Durlein other than she seem slightly off. . .and that I really want to keep fea in the game.
But Fea only has one vote...and that was after you voted. I don't think she needed saving.

EDIT: X-ed with the mod. Btw, do the late votes count?
Old 01-25-2009, 12:03 AM   #419
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sorry I didn't get back. Hyperactive (and now very upset) baby, so I was pretty busy.

And Durie as the lynch? What the heck?

More from me toMorrow. Hopefully.

x'd with the moddess most likely
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:04 AM   #420
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
*is not boring*
I believe you've proved that on more than one occasion, my dear.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:06 AM   #421
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Ahhhhhh! Did me and Nog miss the deadline?

Not that it matters, I guess, since we canceled each others votes. I didn't realize it was so strict (or 1am so close). I guess you need to have the house clocks syncronized.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:08 AM   #422
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
Ahhhhhh! Did me and Nog miss the deadline?

Not that it matters, I guess, since we canceled each others votes. I didn't realize it was so strict (or 1am so close).
Shhht!

We should be quiet now for the next 24 hours...
Old 01-25-2009, 12:10 AM   #423
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The day was full of heated debate. As the sun set and the villager cast their votes a few narrowly made the deadline. The verdict was in and it looked as though Durelin was going to be sent to the gallows.

“Hooded and cloaked, obviously this be a wraith!” Someone screamed. “Never seen someone so suspicious in all my days.”

“Being a mysterious figure is not an admission of my guilt!” Durelin cried out.

It was a shame really, the mysterious figure who sat in dark corners all around town had really never done anything to anyone. But that was neither here nor there. Durelin was pegged as a wraith and and no amount of pleading was going to change anyone's mind. Those who had also fallen under heavy suspicion breathed a collective sigh of relief. Especially Mac who narrowly missed the noose for the second day in a row.

Durelin was marched along to the gallows. It had been sometime since Bree had used them and for years the hangman had made a pleasant living as a traveling juggler. But he found himself back in the same old place faced with the sour face of Durelin, the hooded and cloaked figure.

The noose was slipped on and Durelin was asked to present any last words. Thinking for a moment she opened her mouth to speak, “You all suck.” The trap door was opened and she fell through. Her neck broke instantly and so the suffering was not prolonged.

But like the day before nothing happened. Durelin was innocent of any crime.

Living
satansaloser2005
Feanor of the Peredhil
Lariren Shadow
Mirandir
Thinlómien
Legate of Amon Lanc
Rikae
Aganzir
Gollum the Great
Nogrod
Beregond
Nerwen
Rune Son of Bjarne
Macalaure
Meneltarmacil
A Little Green
Brinniel

Dead
Kitanna – Made an example of Night 1 (moddess)
Gollum the Great – Eaten by hogs Day 1 (innocent)
Shastanis Althreduin – Forced to swallow a sword Night 2 (innocent)
Durelin – Hanged on Day 2 (innocent)

Last edited by Kitanna; 01-25-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Kitanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:00 AM   #424
Kitanna
Child of the West

Nogrod went home after the unfortunate events. Another day had gone by and they weren't any closer. It was a most disappointing day. But the hobbit was glad to be home. He'd get out his best of Old Toby, have a nice smoke, and head off to bed. Unfortunately others had different plans for Nogrod.

Sometime between Durelin's death and his walk home someone had ransacked his house. Tables and chairs overturned and his best of Old Toby was gone. That was the worst of it all. Well that and the fact he was about to die rather painfully.

~*~*~

As day dawned the villagers went to Nogrod's to collect the tardy hobbit. “It's not like him to be so late.” Rune commented.

“Well, I for one don't like having to go and get him. There's more important things to do than drag that old lazy bones out.” Sally grumbled. The two grumblers would feel awful when they did get to Nogrod's.

They found him in a most disagreeable position. It was hard to say exactly what had killed him. Maybe it was the blood loss from the sword wounds. Or perhaps the fact he had been disemboweled, which was a direct effect of the sword wounds. Or maybe, just maybe it was the fact he had been strangled by his own intestines.

The wraiths had mimicked Durelin's trip to the gallows fairly well. Only they chose to substitute a broken neck with missing organs, and the hangman's noose with the smaller intestine. Any one of those could have easily led to his death. Some admired the work. For how the messy the whole was, not a drop of blood or guts had ended up on the furniture.

Admiration or no, the wraiths had robbed the village of another innocent villager.

Living
satansaloser2005
Feanor of the Peredhil
Lariren Shadow
Mirandir
Thinlómien
Legate of Amon Lanc
Rikae
Aganzir
Beregond
Nerwen
Rune Son of Bjarne
Macalaure
Meneltarmacil
A Little Green
Brinniel

Dead
Kitanna – Made an example of Night 1 (moddess)
Gollum the Great – Eaten by hogs Day 1 (innocent)
Shastanis Althreduin – Forced to swallow a sword Night 2 (innocent)
Durelin – Hanged on Day 2 (innocent)
Nogrod – Disemboweled and hanged by own intestines Night 3 (innocent)
Old 01-26-2009, 12:12 AM   #425
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well, well, well.

YesterDay at deadline, I thought only one of two things could be happening: either I'd found myself (again) in a village consisting mostly of cobblers, or a lot of people were once again IM'ing while werewolfing, doubtless with alcohol involved. On second thought, though, I suppose it's just a matter of one wine-drinking, sleep deprived Noggins, one Mac who didn't wish to die, one cobbler ready to get herself lynched, and a couple of newbies without enough experience to recognize the insanity of it all (except Berry).

Odd they killed old Nog when they probably could have had him lynched. Oh well, at least we know who the cobbler is now. Normally I would suggest trying to lynch a wraith instead at this point, but she obviously has the ability to wreak havoc, especially with so many (no offense) newbies in the village.

Erm... I'm sure Ms. Fearny has an excuse and a great explanation ready for why she is trustworthy. I have an idea of what that might be. I don't buy it.

*goes to bed*
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:42 AM   #426
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Well, yesterDay's ending was fast and furious. I'm sorry, Kitanna, for the late vote. Didn't realize the cutoff was so definite.

But, wow, what happened? Talk about a mob... in addition to poor Nog: Mac, Mirandir, Rune, Lari, and Fea, in reverse order, voted for the sad lynching. Some may have had a good reason, some must have been on the bandwagon, as they say, and all of them are downright suspicious now, though clearly not all guilty.

I'm not saying I thought Dury was innocent for sure, but I didn't think there was much against her, either. Some IC comments. Alas, since Nog was the perpetrator of the Durelin-suspicion, my opinion has changed rather since his death - I don't know what to think. But Nog was the last to vote for Dury, not the first.

The innocents are dwindling. At least our odds of finding a wraith are improving. Must be hopeful heading into Day Three!

Unfortunately for me, on a Monday, I really cannot let myself spend so much time on WW as I have the previous Days. I hope to have a good part of the evening, but not so much of the day. And right now, in the very early morning, with sleep clouding brain, I'm going right away. I'm too tired to think and didn't expect the morning revelation before I went to bed at all.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:18 AM   #427
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Nogrod is a strange choice. He didn't make any indications hinting towards seerism that I can find, and after the Durelin fiasco he could've easily been made a lynch target. The best conclusion I can come up with is perhaps the wraiths thought he might be Frodo and didn't want to risk losing their Ringbearer through a lynching.

The Durelin lynching came out of nowhere and needs to be closely looked at. I feel convinced Fea is evil in some form, whether it be a wraith or informer. Her behaviour simply does not look like that of an innocent. There's chance another baddie was involved with the Durelin lynch which is why I want to look at her voters later. One thing I wonder is why were people so concerned over the possibility of a last-minute Fea lynch, yet they thought it was such a better idea to go after Dury in the final moments? Also, what was so suspicious about her IC-posts?

Of course we can't ignore the early voters (or the non-voters) either, as I'm sure there's at least one wraith among them. Really what I need to do is take a closer look at everyone, as I'm sure someone is slipping under my radar. But that'll have to wait until tomorrow as it is extremely late and I must sleep.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:57 AM   #428
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Hello, I'm here, and I'm just as baffled as you are. I'm going to reread yesterDay's lynch and Nogrod's posts, because my head is currently totally empty of ideas... You'll see me posting soon again.

PS. I should be able to be around quite a lot today, except that I can't definitely stay up as late as I did yesterDay...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:59 AM   #429
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
This may seem self-righteous coming from someone who didn't even vote yesterDay– but seriously, what was all that about?
Old 01-26-2009, 04:30 AM   #430
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Nogrod's posts

Definitely unseerish on Day1. He's suspicious of Agan pretty consistently, but it does not look too seerish. I don't think the wraiths would have thought him to be the seer after day1, unless Agan is a wraith and they thought Nogrod is trying very carefully trying to hide his role.

Oh, crap it all. I know. I bet the wolves were thinking something like: "Why is Nogrod making such an issue about Dury's ranger impersonation? Maybe because... he's the real ranger!" I think that'd make a lot of sense. More sense than any other explanation I'm coming up with at the moment. (His posts are not seerish, he would not actually make a good no-trace kill etc.)

YesterDay's lynch

Fea's sudden vote for Durelin later yesterDay is definitely fishy.

Lari follows it just as fishily. (Any chances you're secretly Pisces by the horoscope, ladies? )

Mira votes Dury, cross-posting with Fea and Lari.
Somehow it looks less fishy than Fea's vote, although there's no rational reason why it should. Maybe just because she's a newbie.

Rune voted Dury before Mira. His vote looks simply fatalist.

Brinn is the official protestor - or a wolf who can know how to make herself look good.

Mac is just making sure he won't be the one to die.

Nog and Beregond were late, and Mr Dwarf-city is dead by now and Rego's vote, I think, looks very innocent.

edit: xed with Nerwing
Old 01-26-2009, 04:45 AM   #431
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
All right, hello people, I am back. And I have not yet had the chance to read the thread as for what had happened yesterDay, but okay, I will try to do it... hopefully it won't take as long. So, more like so that you know I am here... as I might not show up for several hours again yet, depending on how fast I read
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:52 AM   #432
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
On second thought, though, I suppose it's just a matter of one wine-drinking, sleep deprived Noggins, one Mac who didn't wish to die, one cobbler ready to get herself lynched, and a couple of newbies without enough experience to recognize the insanity of it all (except Berry).

Odd they killed old Nog when they probably could have had him lynched. Oh well, at least we know who the cobbler is now. Normally I would suggest trying to lynch a wraith instead at this point, but she obviously has the ability to wreak havoc, especially with so many (no offense) newbies in the village.

Erm... I'm sure Ms. Fearny has an excuse and a great explanation ready for why she is trustworthy. I have an idea of what that might be. I don't buy it.
I agree Fea seems very unlikely to have the village's best interests at heart. How can you be sure she's the cobbler rather than a wraith, though? I'd guess it took more than one baddie to make that lynch happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Nogrod's posts

Definitely unseerish on Day1. He's suspicious of Agan pretty consistently, but it does not look too seerish. I don't think the wraiths would have thought him to be the seer after day1, unless Agan is a wraith and they thought Nogrod is trying very carefully trying to hide his role.

Oh, crap it all. I know. I bet the wolves were thinking something like: "Why is Nogrod making such an issue about Dury's ranger impersonation? Maybe because... he's the real ranger!"
I think you may have something there, Lommy; certainly it seems more likely than Brinn's idea that they thought he was Frodo. (What could 'looking Frodo-ish' possibly consist of, anyway?)

I'm going to take my own look at the Durelin-voters. Back soon.
EDIT: X'd with Legate.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:44 AM   #433
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Rereading yesterDay's posts from the time after I went to sleep

I'm becoming a little uneasy about sally. I just think she might bear more watching than we've given her lately.

To sort of balance that, I'm becoming a bit more positive of Mac's innocence, but knowing how it's with me and him in ww, I will probably become convimced he's guilty before the end of the Day.

Fea puzzles me. Her post complaining about the fake gifteds looks very innocent, but many other posts of hers look rather sinister.

I don't quite like Lari's manner... she seems sneaky and somewhat nervous, if I may say so.

Quote:
I am kind of like Beregond, I like potatos better
Taking part in a joke discussion several hours later and without even having anything witty to say? If these carrot-potato things are supposed to be taken as hints, I'd be eyeing Rune very carefully...

Quote:
This is a Tolkien site, not a dating site!
Are you serious?
Old 01-26-2009, 05:49 AM   #434
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
I think you may have something there, Lommy; certainly it seems more likely than Brinn's idea that they thought he was Frodo. (What could 'looking Frodo-ish' possibly consist of, anyway?)
Actually, now that you mention it, I must say that suggestion of Brinn's was a bit weird. It does not make much sense - I wonder if the explanation is that Brinn was too tired when she was posting or that she's a baddie trying to mislead us?
Old 01-26-2009, 06:50 AM   #435
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
I agree Fea seems very unlikely to have the village's best interests at heart. How can you be sure she's the cobbler rather than a wraith, though? I'd guess it took more than one baddie to make that lynch happen.
A wraith would be unlikely to behave like that, I think, because xe would be setting xemself up to be lynched the next day. It's too obvious.

Then again, a wraith Fea could consider herself seer-dreamt anyway and therefore behave suicidally.

If there's another baddie in the Dury voters, I would guess it was Lari, but I don't think there necessarily is. It seems possible Lari and Mira were misled.
Rune, I suppose, could also be evil, but, though I haven't played with him in quite a while. I seem to recall odd, erratic behavior being pretty normal for him. (I actually forgot he was part of it above, though).

I don't want us to let Fea slip through the cracks, though. Like I said, she basically handed herself in. There is no way she actually thought Nog's case against Dury had any merit, and no way such a deception, at that time, could benefit the village. Unless we have someone else pop up and literally go "hey, I'm a wraith, lynch me", she's our best bet.

I have another suspect at the moment who is climbing higher on my radar, but I think I'll refrain from making my case against xem for now & see if xe further incriminates xemself.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:57 AM   #436
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
All right. This goes slower than I anticipated. For now, I will post some comments on what happened since I posted the last on Day 1. I have not read yet the rest, so it is possible I say something which is already "outdated" (had been discussed since then) and possible I will change my opinions on something later. However, still better that I post something now than only later.

MY THOUGHTS IN THIS POST, SUMMED UP (i.e. whoever does not want to read through all this, may as well read just this and get the main points):

Menel looks like his normal self, whatever that is, but he may be innocent. He likely IS innocent, actually.
I don't see anything so suspicious about Brinn.
Fea looks to me like a Cobbler;
and Mac still like a possible Wraith.
Sally cannot be well defined.
Rikae looks innocent to me.
Rune is a bit sleeping under my reindeer, but whatever. He may be innocent: most of his posts are innocent-like, however they are of the "detached" sort - they often have little to do with game itself, but are turning around people's RL actions, which I think is nothing that concerns the topic of who is the Wolf.
Nerwen looks sometimes innocent, but may be a well-calculating Wolf. (Something a bit like what Aganzir often is.)
It is hard about Mira, there is a possibility of a newbie wolf, but not really anything too suspicious here in truth.

Now starts the "boring" part. ( ) Some various replies and things I replied to as I went through the thread, some more important, some less, whatever:

Rikae, 152:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
For what it's worth, I, at least, play the role given to me, idealistic though that may be. Regardless of what side he's on, Frodo is not a werebear, out for himself. Ordos work for the village's benefit, so as long as he is one, that's the side he has to play, even if it makes things more difficult later. Don't you think I might love to assign myself the role of unofficial cobbler (in all the games I've played, I've never once been a cobbler)? Only the moddess can tell us for sure, but it seems to me like Frodo turning "cobbler" before he's been turned into a wraith isn't really playing fair.
That is very true, and that's what I thought as well. However...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Of course, Frodo may have good reasons to keep quiet for the time being - but if he's going to play his ordo role to the best of his ability, he might want to think about playing in such a way as to trap his possible future wraith self (who knows, maybe he's smart enough to outfox himself, and the rest of us, in the end, anyway).
However, this still does not make sense to me the way you keep repeating it. Frodo most certainly should stay low, as long as possible, try to be helpful for the village, yes, but revealing plainly on Day 1 is a nonsense - cf. what Brinn said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Okay, I find anyone who thinks that Frodo would even consider sacrificing himself at this early stage a bit idealistic. Whoever is Frodo signed up for this game because they want to play...it'd certainly be no fun to give up and reveal from Day 1. I'd think our Frodo would want to have more fun with the role than that. Also, once Frodo is changed, he is on the side of the wraiths. A lynching after he has changed could mean a loss for the wraiths. And why would anyone want to lose?
I said the same thing already and I am repeating it here. Just coming, revealing oneself for the good of the village and dying, okay, great, but poor the player. That was some role.

And Fea just does not help me at all. I still suspect her. Her list posted without any explanations for those she finds suspicious, and her explanations at those she does not want to vote are not much better either... those for Rikae and Mac, I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Rikae (she's trying too persistently to draw attention to herself; I shan't give it )
Mac (he's interesting to have around later)

Beregond #157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beregond
As a newbie I'm trying not to make the easy vote, but... I have to rely, to some extent, on the opinions of others, as I don't want to lynch one of the good guys in an effort to be different. So I'm going to wait a while yet before I make my vote.
Hmm. I actually wonder if Beregond is not trying to hide behind his newbieshness now. But whatever...

Mac #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Fea - to much fun to have around to vote without reason
That is nice, and perfectly understandable if you want to have somebody around because they are fun to play with. But in the light of what I think about Fea (cobbler), it is not as fun, and mainly, what Mac says is a very easy excuse for not voting Fea. "To vote without reason" - so you can say all the time from now, that you do not have yet the reason to vote her, and therefore keep her around. Of course. A Wraith would like to keep Ferny around, and if possible, without overtly defending him - so this way is the best way one could do that.

I like Nerwen (post 167), though it is true she may be a calculative wolf, trying to appear like a good and innocent person in the eyes of the others. Which I could expect from her - if she is one.

I like Brinn's comments on Frodo (168), although it is just more of a "fair play" style and it has little to do with the in-game thing itself, so it looks more like a question of opinion (on how one should handle the Frodo role, that is). But anyway...

Okay, Rune (170) acts kind of weird against Brinn, I think, these RL reasons... though I don't believe a Wolf would use such "unfair" tactics to make Brinn being suspected... so it looks to me that Rune would be likely innocent. It is explainable that he wants to stab Brinn with a rusty knife after her last WW performance.

Menel looks innocent.

What does not help Fea in my eyes is her vote on Day 1 (178):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Following Rune for Brinn- I'm terrified of this girl no matter what team she's on. I won't have her slip past me in this game. Sorry, hun.
This is so obvious jumping on a bandwagon that one can hardly think otherwise of Fea than "Ferny!".

And however reasonably questioned by Mac, there is some truth in Menel's comment on Mac's list of people (179):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel
Macalaure may be stumbling over the fact that he's a wraith and can't twist the villagers' words into anything suspicious, as his last list gives mostly "innocent" and "no clue".
Excuse me? I can see how people could regard me as suspicious at this point, but that reasoning is ridiculous...
Sally looks... weird, mainly her list of people she suspected on Day 1 is strangely mixed of people who seem fishy (Mac, Agan, possibly Brinn - in the sense that she is suspected enough for it to be understandable to put her on the list) and people who are relatively normal (Rikae or Nog).

Nerwen #184 looks more unnerving - it looks like listing the people everybody wants to lynch, sometimes for quite easy reasons (Gollum), so really giving herself a relatively wide choice (it won't be even a problem to incorporate some wolf into the lot, still she could choose some of the others).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I'm thinking of voting:

Mac –because his stuff about Ferny's role looks unpleasantly like either a hint from Ferny to the Wraiths or one from the Wraiths to Ferny. This is what I thought myself while reading the post, before I saw other people's comments.

Gollum for random voting and way to much empty banter.

Aganzir for random voting and going on about Frodo.

Brinn for defensiveness and for that post where she seems (following Rikae's comment at #180) to be giving instructions to a would-be wraith Frodo.

What is worrying me, though, is that any of these four could be called an easy lynch.. and nobody seems to be trying to save any of them.

I might also add Rikae for acting like a cobbler at times, therefore possibly Ferny– however, she's made that point on Brinn which is quite good, and certainly better than the actual reasons people have voted her.
If I understood it right, most of the suspicions against Brinn (from everybody) stem basically from the fact that she was such a succesful wolf in the last game. Nerwen looks just like feeding Rune's (perhaps genuine) worry about this. Also, Nerwen does not forget to add this "but oh poor them, nobody defends them". Pretty well imaginable as a wolfy thing to do, to appear as a concerned innocent.

Me not like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post
So far no one is sticking out as obviously needing to be killed toDay. There's not enough evidence due to lack of posting by some parties and others I just don't know what to make of. However, Lommy's flipflopping has been bothering me for the past few pages and thus has my vote.
Mira's reason for voting Lommy is also of the "simple" sort. I think he (is it he?) has not played much (or is it his[?] first game?) yet, and saying "Lommy flipflopping" sounds like something he(?) could have heard, as that is happening, and it could be well a good reason to backup the vote with, for a newbie WW. However, funny thing - his vote is almost identical with that of Shasta who, as we know, is dead.

Rikae looks overall innocent to me, despite I can see there may be things looking suspicious on her, I don't think they are anything more than her own opinion. Rikae looks innocent to me.

Sally - 193: I don't like that either:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Brinn: Could be. Very well could be. But her suspiciousness (if that's even a word) could just be stress since she says she's been having a rough day or two. Perhaps we should give her the benefit for toDay? We'll see.
Anybody cares to tell me what is so suspicious about Brinn, except the fact that she's been a succesful wolf in some of the past games?

But on the other hand, Sally seems like just Sally at times, so hard to say. Her reason for voting him rather than Brinn or Lommy is not necessary a suspicious thing, quite the opposite - and especially if it turns out Mac is a Wolf.

Mac:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
I guess Legate was right about starting a bandwaggon. I don't see his vote suspicious at all, but the reasons of Menel (Mac doesn't have any suspects), Beregond (simply quoting what everybody has been calling suspicious all day), and Sally (he's off) are just bad.
Possibly, but I don't see the people's votes - Menel and Beregond, and not even Sally, for that matter, at least - being that bad.

Well, as for the Gollum lynch at the end of the Day 1: Mac has a logical reason to wish to lynch Gollum (be he a Wolf or not), as for others, on first sight, of course it was wrong (as it showed later), but explainable. So, nothing much special in there for me on first sight.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-26-2009, 06:59 AM   #437
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Rikae, I agree. Fea looks rather fernyish, but not like a wraith. (Although, I have to add that an ordo Fea has been known to act really weirdly. Maybe she'll show up and explain.) But whatever, unless she looks more innocent toDay, lynching her might be a good back up plan. (But I'm worried of it becoming the official back up plan everybody can bring up and avoid naming any actual wraith suspects. )

edit: xed with Legate's novel
Old 01-26-2009, 07:10 AM   #438
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
edit: xed with Legate's novel
Yes, well, what do you expect. Anyway, don't expect from me to reply on anything, if anybody asks me anything, for the few following hours. You will have to wait. I will leave for a few hours now, I'll see if I can post commenting on at least some events from yesterDay before I leave, but then I will be back and finish it. Should not take THAT long... so, in some four or five hours, you should get me here "up-to-date" and ready to post in the currently running discussion
Old 01-26-2009, 07:13 AM   #439
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Sally - 193: I don't like that either:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
Brinn: Could be. Very well could be. But her suspiciousness (if that's even a word) could just be stress since she says she's been having a rough day or two. Perhaps we should give her the benefit for toDay? We'll see.
Anybody cares to tell me what is so suspicious about Brinn, except the fact that she's been a succesful wolf in some of the past games?
Actually, my problem with that quote is not that she suspects Brinn on silly grounds, but that it looks very much like something someone could say about a fellow wolf. It screams that to me, in fact. (But of course, my reading might be a bit biased since I suspect Brinn and don't find sally too innocent either.... getting caught up in conspiracy theories again? *remembers Nog's hobbit game*)

PS. Mirandir is a she.

edit: xed with Legate - well, you're right, I didn't expect anything else.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:32 AM   #440
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

All right, now I have to leave for a few hours, and I really didn't get very far (somebody's been posting horribly long posts yesterDay... how can people do such things? ). Anyway, just for now:

Shasta's death: My opinion on why he was killed is indeed most likely no trails left. He really didn't post anything of substance. I don't think much Seerishness-supecting was involved, although it is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Try what? How did I seem to suggest xe should stay put & and then change my mind? I don't think I ever reached any conclusion when talking about the RB. Hmm oh yes I actually did. But I simply don't get what you're aiming at.
I meant to say, in other words (if we presumed you were a Wolf): Perhaps you were doing that (supporting the idea that Frodo could reveal) in order for him to reveal himself, or give hints, so that you may target him. That was the basic idea of it. Then, when others were suggesting Frodo not to do that, you have backed away a bit, so as not to be too suspicious if it became the general opinion that Frodo trying to give hints may be dangerous for the village. (All of this is now relativised anyway by what you said later, or what others said later about Frodo too, and your opinion on Frodo wishing to become a Wolf in the first place.)

Okay, but now I have to leave. Will be back and continue on my comments. (In other words, expect some long post from me again. Or perhaps, I may try to divide it into a few shorter ones... but that will depend. We'll see. Or you can tell your opinion on that meanwhile, if you prefer one long or several... long as well, but not as long as it would be if it was just one