User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2004, 03:00 PM   #1
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420! The Green Dragon Inn - Part 9

The Green Dragon Inn - Part 8 had reached it’s limit.

Welcome to Part 9!

Carry on, Shirelings!

Green Dragon Inn Facts:

It is the 4th Age, year 12. By the Shire Calendar it is year 1433 S.R. (Shire Reckoning).

King Elessar is on the throne of the Reunited Kingdom of Arnor and Gondor.

Mirkwood has been reclaimed by the Elves and is now called Eryn Lasgalen.

Paladdin Took, Pippin’s father, is Thain of the Shire. (Thain is an honorary title for the military leader of the Shire. The title has been held in the Took Family since the position was first established in 3rd Age 1979 with Bucca of the Marish as First Thain.) Paladdin Took dies in year 13, and will be succeeded by his son, Peregrin, ‘Pippin’, Took.

Samwise Gamgee is Mayor of the Shire, having succeeded Will Whitfoot in 1427 S.R.

The Innkeeper, in the Green Dragon Inn of this forum, is:
Aman – a young woman from Rohan.

Before her, the Innkeeper was Piosenniel, and before her it was Dwarin, the Dwarf.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Other ongoing characters in the Inn:

Ruby Brown, Hobbit – not married – server and maid

Buttercup Brownlock, Hobbit – not married – kitchen assistant and maid

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Ongoing characters from outside the Inn:

Halfred Whitfoot – local Shiriff and Postmaster; his pony’s name is Dumpling.
  • Only the Innkeeper, Amanaduial, or the Moderators move the timeline for the Inn forward.
  • Visitors to the Inn will need to read the posts that come before theirs to get an idea of what time it is in the Shire, what the weather is like, and what is happening.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

IT IS NOW LATE EVENING IN THE SHIRE, HEADING TOWARD NIGHT.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:10 PM January 23, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-23-2004, 03:12 PM   #2
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hama reached swiftly for his belt and his fingers closed around the hilt of Tithaing, he tugged, but his hand did not move. Grimm was holding it in place, shaking his head with a pained expression on his face. Hama returned his gaze to Huan...

"Do not instruct me in the meaning of grief!"he shouted,"I have never claimed lorship over all sorrows in the world, only of my own! You talk about war too easily for someone who has seen so much..."

Hama breathed deeply for several seconds. He found he was standing up, his shouting having attracted a lot of attention from around the inn. His hand was still closed around Tithaing. Grimm released his grip. Hama slumped into the chair...

"I am sorry..." he said with a heavy heart...

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 5:03 PM January 23, 2004: Message edited by: Hama Of The Riddermark ]
Old 01-23-2004, 04:24 PM   #3
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Crystal licked her lips, then breathed in slowly before she began to sing,

Quote:
Every green field
every wandering
that you or I may find
just remember this one saying
that I leave behind

May the road rise up to meet you
may the wind be always at your back
may the Good Lord ever protect you
until you come back
Crystal blushed deeply at her song. She couldn't believe that she would even sing it.

"My mother use to sing that song to me as I fell asleep each night, before she died," Crystal said quietly as she stared at her cup. She couldn't bring herself to look at Angry. She was so embarssed for releasing something that meant so much to her.

Well now he is scared, my voice is hideous and the song was rotten. Crystal thought sadly as she brushed a tear away quickly. She didn't want him to see her cry. She didn't want him to think that she was weak in any way. Her old defenses came up like sheilds around her as she shrugged deeper into the cloak that still concealed her.

The man that had listened was now fighting with other men from Rohan.

Rohan. She looked up, her attention at the ready. She had no idea who they were, but they didn't wear the insignia of her father's army. She was safe. She settled back down and continued to stare into her cup.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:21 PM   #4
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Witch_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
Sting

Cree sat there. Hama had almost frightened her. But she was used to it by now. She placed her hand on his arm. "Its ok Hama." She didn't know what else to say to him.

She looked towards Grimm and noticed that something inside him had seemed to change. What could this be? She looked back to Hama. "IT WILL BE OK." She sat back in her chair and tried her best to change the subject to something less stressful. "Can you two please quit this." She felt herself become dizzy. Not again.

She slumped over in her chair. Almost as if she was dead. So much pain. So many hurting. Why? She thought she heard voices. "Save me someone!"
Old 01-24-2004, 02:00 AM   #5
Linnahiril Tinnufinwen
Haunting Spirit

Linnahiril Tinnufinwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Strange folk at the Green Dragon, now-a-days." Halfred Hamfast set his heavy mug impatiently upon the wooden table as he glared disapprovingly in the direction of the rowdy men. Asphodel, who had placed her arm protectivly around Hanna when the yelling had started, began slowly to relax.

"What's the world comming to?" grumbled Halfred to himself. "Can't even take my daughters to the Inn anymore without there being some kind of disturbance!" He lifted his mug and put it to his lips, driking deeply of the ale. Asphodel, who sat across the table from her father, lowered her head and stared into her lap. Her nerves where in a state of aggitation. She felt guilty for having begged her father to let her and her sister accompany him on his nightly visit to the Inn. It was usually a rare treat, where they would meet her father's friends, and they would eat, smoke, and laugh into the wee hours of the morning. She turned to look at her sister, Hanna. Hanna's curly auburn hair, which had been pulled back into a braid by their mother earlier in the day, was now a mess from Asphodel's embrace. Strands of hair had been pulled free of the braid, and now hung loosely around her large ears. Whatever had occured, Asphodel was glad of one thing: that her youngest sister, Marigold, had not been allowed to come.

"Fools!" grumbled her father again. He slammed his ale down so hard that it slopped all over the table. Asphodel and Hanna jumped. "I'm sorry, my dears," said Halfred quickly. "I'm not in the best of moods."

Asphodel nodded. She greatly wished she could say something to make her father less angry, and her sister less nervous, but knew not what. She picked up her mug and swallowed her water in silence.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 6:01 PM January 25, 2004: Message edited by: Linnahiril Tinnufinwen ]
Old 01-24-2004, 03:59 AM   #6
Angry Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

Angry Brandybuck has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

The beauty of Crystal's moved Angry more than he had ever been moved before by something that wasn't the wind blowing gently over the green fields of the Shire, or a good pipe packed with Old Toby. Sure, this lady wasn't from around here, but she behaved just as if she'd been born and bred in the Shire, every inch a hobbit.

When she had finished singing she looked upset and melancholic, as she had when Angry first talked to her. He longed to be able to comfort her, put his arms around her and stop anything from harming here. He suspected, however, that this would not be the right thing to do in a public place such as this. At last he merely said "That was beautiful Crystal, thankyou for sharing it with me."

He noticed that in the corner Halfred Hamfast had come in with two of his daughters. He was especially pleased that he hadn't embraced Crystal now because Halfred was well known to be against all of the 'strangers' that now frequented the Dragon. If Hamfast saw him 'fooling around' with a human woman Angry's parents would be bound to find out. He also noticed, as several men about the town had been doing, how beautiful Asphodel had become lately.

You're a silly fool Angry. You can gaup at the girls all you want but you know they don't want you. Crystal may do though, and he was beginning to think that he wanted her aswell.
Old 01-24-2004, 05:18 AM   #7
Fool Of A Took
Haunting Spirit

Fool Of A Took has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Grimm saw that Cree got dizzy, she could almost sit up properly. Hama and Huan were both quiet. "Are you allright, my Lady?" Grimm said with a worried tone. Grimm looked at her. What's troubling her? he thought, her face looks like she are having hallucinations. "Cree?" Grimm said again. Now Hama looked worried too as Cree still looked dizzy. "Huan, go and get her a glas of water, hurry!" Grimm said with almost panic in his voice.

Huan rose up and didn't said anything. He walked to the bar and didn't seem to be in a rush. He slowly walked back to the table and handed the glas to Grimm. Grimm held it in front of Cree. "Drink it, Cree" Grimm said. Cree drank it very slowly, but she still didn't seem to get better. Grimm got worried about her. Hama still looked cool and Huan didn't seem to care. Grimm continued look at Cree with a worried face and awaited her for respond if she was okey.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 10:57 AM January 24, 2004: Message edited by: Fool Of A Took ]
Old 01-24-2004, 06:37 AM   #8
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Hama looked worried now. He leant over and shook Cree...nothing...he looked around desperately but nobody it seemed was aware of the danger...

'Barkeep! Barkeep!' Hama shouted, his voice getting increasingly louder as he shook Cree more urgently...nothing happenned, she stayed still, 'Barkeep!' Hama shouted louder than he meant to... He looked back to Cree...'Not you as well...' he whispered under he breath...

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 12:54 PM January 24, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-24-2004, 08:06 AM   #9
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Crystal looked up. Her sadness diming slightly. He hadn't judged her.

"I don't believe that if I came in here a couple of months ago that I would find such a kind hearted man as you, Mr.Brandybuck," Crystal said truthfully.

She was blushing wildly underneath her cloak now. She could only wonder what he was thinking about her. And she knew that he could only wonder what she was thinking about him.

She had fell into step with this place, even though she had seen only the inside of the Inn. She couldn't wait to see the rest of this place, this Shire as they called it. She felt at home, and was certainly of, well short stature, to fit in with the towns people she assumed.

Maybe I could live here instead of trying to make a place for myself in Rohan. Crystal thought. She knew she would have to be careful of others from Rohan that would possibly come to find her. She wasn't any normal, every day person, she was the daughter of one of the armys of Rohan's greatest general.

The disturbance caught her attention, a woman lay upon the table. She hurried down and made her way over there.

"Please, allow me to assist her," Crystal said hurriedly as she pulled back the hood of her cloak to reveal her face.

"I know remedies. I've seen this before, please," Crystal stated as she stood before the two men, waiting to see if they would let her help, and if they even recognized her. She was secretly hoping that she wasn't. But she knew how to help and now it didn't matter that she was being searched for. A life hung in the balance.

She waited, her hand upon her pouch, for the men to allow her to help.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:21 AM   #10
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Hama looked up at her questioningly...a glint was in the corner of his eye as he stepped aside to let her pass and attend to Cree. 'Of course, anything you can do...' She hurried past him, and yet a flicker of recognition passed through his mind...

He paused, looking at her face for just a moment then turned away. While she couldn't see his face his jaw dropped about an inch. She was HERE. He was now faced with a huge dilemma. Did he take her back to the general, or did he leave her here? It didn't take him long. She would be punished if she returned, so she was staying here... he turned back around...

'Yes, anything, so anything you can...'

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 1:26 PM January 24, 2004: Message edited by: Hama Of The Riddermark ]
Old 01-24-2004, 11:55 AM   #11
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Please remember to follow this basic rule when you post in the Inn or a game:

Quote:
2. Write in complete sentences and in paragraph form. Each post that you make should be at least two paragraphs in length with each paragraph made up of at least two sentences. Separate the paragraphs by double spacing between them. This makes your posts easier to read and more enjoyable for everyone. ~*~ The Red Book of Westmarch/Rules for Posting in the Shire
Bottom line your post must contain these 2 paragraphs and then if you wish to put in a single line of dialog, or a single dramatic line at the end that's fine.

~*~ Piosenniel, Shire Moderator

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 12:59 PM January 24, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-24-2004, 12:42 PM   #12
SonOfBombadil
Animated Skeleton

Location: In a place that is not a place, in a time that never was.
SonOfBombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

"Of course I will," came Lewis' relieved reply. He stood up and walked behind Ravon, and gently put the neklace onto her neck and did up the clasp. It looked beautiful on her, he thought. He walked back over to his seat, and noticed the ring that Ravon had given to him was lying on the table in front of his seat. Lewis pickecd up the ring and looked at it once he had sat down. It was a beautifully crafted ring, care had gone into the making of it.

As he slipped the ring on, he looked up to Ravon's face. She was looking at him, and their eyes met. His Rohirric eyes, and her Elf eyes, were so different, but the same. His eyes seemed to like hers, as he looked at them more than he actually realized. A mere "Thank you Ravon," was all he said, as he was at a loss for words.
Old 01-24-2004, 12:52 PM   #13
Angry Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

1420!

Angry watched as Crystal went over to help the poor woman who had been taken ill. He didn't follow her over, however, because he knew he would be no help. Just as my old man always says, 'Too many cooks, spoil the hot pot'

Healing had never been a skill that he had possessed. Actually, he could never remember having any particular skills. He certainly was no cabinet maker, his father had made that quite obvious. What was he going to do for the rest of his life? He couldn't go on like this. His parents had told him that they would stop giving him the support that he lived off in one years time, unless he found a trade.

All he wanted to do, though, was sing and make music; not something that could support a young hobbit like himself and put regular meals on the table. He stared at the Hamfasts at their table and wondered about the husbands the girls would end up with, and whether he would ever be 'blessed' with children.

Idly, he reached for his pipe and weed but found that his pouch was empty, he had finished it earlier in the evening. That had been his last bit of leaf.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 1:59 PM January 24, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-24-2004, 01:48 PM   #14
Linnahiril Tinnufinwen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

When the yelling had started up again, Asphodel had dropped her mug and shoved Hanna under the table. Her water went crashing to the floor and spilt all over, but no one seemed to notice. When Asphodel realized that it had been a false alarm, that one of the ladies seemed to be sick, she felt silly. Halfred had called an Inn worker over to help clean up the mess, and had picked up her empty mug and put it back on the table.

"By the hair on my feet, Asphodel," said her father, "you're a bit jittery today. But that's understandable." He turned to glance over his shoulder at the other table. "Looks like one of them Big Folk ladies is not doing so good."

Alarmed, Asphodel looked over. There was one of the strange women spralled out upon the bar table. While the men stood around, another woman was attending her.

"Should not we go to help them, father?" asked Asphodel tentatively. She had no idea what she would do, but perhaps they needed someone to run errands for them.

Halfred wasn't sympathetic. "Oh no, my dear," he said. "They look like their doing just fine by themselves. Besides," he sat back down on his chair and began searching his coat for pipe weed, "it's no place for a Hobbit young lady, and especially none of the Hamfast girls, to get involved in the business of the Big Folk."

Asphodel turned to look at her father. He was busy searching for weed to fill his pipe. "Now is the time," she thought. "Stay here," she whispered to her sister, as she began to move forward slightly. Her progress was slow, timid as she was of their towering height. Even for a "Hobbit young lady", she was considered small, standing only two feet, eleven inches. She had made it halfway across the bar room, when she felt someone grab her forearm and pull her back.

LINNAHIRIL TINNUFINWEN

Please enable your PM's (Private Messages) so that we can contact you.

Thank you!

Piosenniel, Shire Moderator

Please edit in a reply here.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 2:59 PM January 24, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-24-2004, 04:28 PM   #15
Memory of Trees
Haunting Spirit

Location: Here! Over here!!! Behind that rock. Yes, that is I...
Memory of Trees has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Reign stood hesitantly on the doorstep, absently fingering the fraying edge of her cloak. It was dark green, to match her eyes, and the soft evening sun gilded the hem with rich gold.

The girl straightened her skinny shoulders as she came to a decision. Taking a deep breath, she lifted her chin stepped quietly through the inn doorway.

It took a moment for Reign’s eyes to adjust to the dim light of the common room. The heavy scent of smoke filled her nostrils, mixed with the welcome smell of food. Reign leaned up against the wall, and surveyed her new surroundings with interest.

The room was filled with creatures of all sorts. Some she recognized, like the men and dwarves. She thought could vaguely remember having seen an elf when she was a very little girl, but she only knew them by their height and delicately pointed ears.

There were also many that she had never seen before, like the strange but friendly-looking little people there seemed to be an abundance of.

Reign brushed a strand of pale hair from the corner of her mouth, and removed her hood, revealing her narrow, white face. No one had even looked up as she came in. Reign didn’t mind. The last thing she wanted to do was draw attention to herself.

She slipped quietly into the crowd in search of the innkeeper.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 5:29 PM January 24, 2004: Message edited by: Memory of Trees ]
Old 01-24-2004, 06:27 PM   #16
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Crystal hurried past the men and eased a smooth liquid into the woman's mouth. She rubbed the woman's throat to make her swallow, praying silently that this would work correctly.

"Give it about two minutes. It should work unless it was laced with anything other then the poison I belive she was poisoned with," Crystal answered.

She looked up and recognized one of the men. A man from her father's army. A man she had known was seeking her since she ran away.

"Hama," She said, her eyes wide with fear. She hurried backwards to Angry, praying silently that he wouldn't take her back to Rohan.

"Please, please don't take me back," Crystal pleaded as she reached Angry. Every thought, every memory from her childhood raced through her mind from her mother's death. Memories of pain, sadness, and uncontrollable grief that she just couldn't go back to, wouldn't go back to. She had a purpose now, a goal, a life. She wasn't going back.

"I claim sanctuary here in the Shire with Mr.Brandybuck. You can't take me away," Crystal declared as she hurried behind Angry. He wasn't tall enough to conceal her, but just his presence was reassuring enough.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 7:57 PM January 24, 2004: Message edited by: Crystal Heart ]
Old 01-24-2004, 08:36 PM   #17
Linnahiril Tinnufinwen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Asphodel reeled as her father yanked her back across the bar room and sat her forcefully down in her chair. On her right side, Hanna quickly turned her gaze upon her glass of milk and pretended not to notice that her older sister was about to get into big trouble.

"You disobeyed me, young lady," said Halfred in a chilly voice. "What did I say? I told you not to get involved with the Big Folk, didn't I? What kind of example are you going to set for Hanna and Marigold? You're almost thirty-three years old, Asphodel! I expect better of you."

"But," Asphodel began, but the sentence died on her tounge when she saw that across the room, the sick lady was breathing again, though still unconcious. "She'll probably be revived soon," thought Asphodel, "no thanks to you. What can a little hobbit girl to for any of the Big Folk, anyhow?" Perhaps her father was right. As he once had said to one of his friends, " If the Maker of Middle Earth decided to give them too much height, he obviously meant for them to look out for themselves and their own kind. I don't see none of them breaking their high and mighty necks to help us Shire Folk."

Asphodel looked up at her father. Halfred had calmed down a bit, and was sucking on his long, wooden pipe with relish as the white, fragrant smoke rose into the air. Asphodel knew a bit about the leaves of pipe-weed. Her father made his living growing small fields of Longbottom Leaf and Old Toby on their farm in the Southfarthing. She remebered spending long summer days with Hanna running down the long isles of plant, and helping their father pick the first fragrant, ripe leaves and put them into baskets. It was a good living; more than enough to support a good sized family, though the Hamfasts were not anywhere near the affluence of the old Took or Brandybuck families.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 5:57 PM January 25, 2004: Message edited by: Linnahiril Tinnufinwen ]
Old 01-25-2004, 12:55 AM   #18
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"Don't feel sorry for me! If the whole world felt sorry for everyone, then no one would ever stop crying, do you know what i mean? However it doesnt matter, it's in the past!" exclaimed Sírabel cheerfully.

"Im not so hungry myself" sighed Sírabel resting her chin on her hand. "Dont worry about me though, go ahead and order for yourself, though perhaps we could use some more tea" she waved over one of the waitresses and waited patiently as Eradan ordered.

"Well, yes, the nightlife at my home is hectic, though i wouldnt realise so. Im known as a 'free spirit'some call me that anyway." said Sírabel laughing. "The good old times.."

Sírabel started tapping her fingernails on the table. "Well, it was my fahter who first told me i had artisitc talent, I meerly met one of the kings... advisors?- anyway, and i showed him what i could do and apparently he liked it, it was then i met Elessar, adn things have looked better for me ever since." she abandoned her fingernail rythem and folded her arms.

"It's a pitty really- that you didnt ever meet Hamirdan, i mean. I think you two would have gotten on very nicely, yes, very nicely indeed. Eradan, if you dont mind me asking you, what do you plan to do once you have spent you time here?"

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 01-25-2004, 05:20 AM   #19
Fool Of A Took
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Grimm got confused. First the woman helped Cree, then Hama seemed to recognize her and she recognizing him. The woman backed away to a hobbit and screamed. "Dont take me back. You can't do that!" she screamed. Grimm said with confusion "What is this? Hama? Can you explain to me what's going on?" Hama looked at the woman with a cold gaze. She seems scared. Why? Is she from Rohan? he thought. The woman was still trying to back away from Hama and Hama still looked at her.

"Are you from Rohan, my Lady?" he said. Her scared face reminded him of the face of Kettil, his brother, when the Uruk-Hai slayed him. Huan stood and looked at Hama but didn't say anything. "Could you answer me, my Lady?" he said and started getting annoyed. So many strange thins going on here, he thought and then looked at Cree that still seemed dizzy. He felt sorry for her. He awaited the womans answer.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:30 AM   #20
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Hama strode slowly over to where Angry and Crystal were standing. He looked into here eyes, they were wide with fear. In that moment, even though his mind had already been made up, he felt a huge surge of pity flow through him for her...

'My lady,' he began. Crystal looked even more fearful, 'You can never go back to Rohan. Your father's greif swiftly turned to anger and your punishment will be severe. Although by letting you remain here I break my oath of fealty to your father, my oath to Eomer still stands. It will not be through me, or Grimm, that you will return to Rohan,'

Crystal straightened up a little, and Hama saw that she was almost exactly as he had been told by the general. He shook his head, she could not return, he knew that...The hobbit looked confused, as he had not understood a word of the Rohirric that Hama had just spoken...
Old 01-25-2004, 07:24 AM   #21
Angry Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

1420!

The next few minutes were a blur to Angry. He felt that he needed to help Crystal in some way, that she was coming to him for protection, but what from? The man from Rohan he expected, but didn't understand a word he was saying.

Even so, his new found feelings for Crystal gave him the courage he needed and he drew himself up to his full height, puffed out his chest and took one step towards the tall Rohirric stranger. He didn't know what he was going to say but he knew that he would be proud and call on every bit of standing his name gave him in the Shire.

Then the man seemed to say something soothing, something that reassured Crystal and made her loosen the iron grip she had had on his shoulder. feeling somewhat redundant now and not even beginning to understand what was going on, he said

"I suggest, sir, that, as I am a Brandybuck and well connected all over the Shire (especially with the Shirrif), you would do well to not threaten me or any in my company. Who are you any way? This Inn here is a peaceful place, where any are welcome, as long as they cause no trouble."
Old 01-25-2004, 08:12 AM   #22
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Crystal sighed in relief.

"Thank you Hama. I know you could be effectively giving up your life for your decision. Yes, I'm from Rohan. I am the general's daughter," Crystal replied.

She noticed that Angry was at the defensive. She heard him come to her defense. She put a hand upon his shoulder.

"It's alright Mr.Brandybuck. These men are from Rohan from my father, the general, that is looking for me. They will not be taking me away as I had feared," Crystal reassured.

The sudden fear to relief was leaving Crystal very drained. She swallowed and put a hand upon the bar to keep herself from falling over. The situation seemed to be resolved, but her heart was still racing like her old horse.

Her eye sight became slightly fuzzed and she blinked furiously to correct them.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:28 AM   #23
elf-girl-63
Haunting Spirit

elf-girl-63 has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Lainniss jumped off her horse and led him to the stable. The night was drawing on quickly and she was pretty sure the inn would soon be shut. The night was cool so she tucked her hair into her hood and drew her dark cloak around her and tucked her small bag inside. The inn was drawing her near but she still stopped for a moment before entering.

Inside, a woman was being tended to on the table and Lainniss tried hard not to look as she walked up to the bar.

"I'm sorry to bother you so late but I'd like a room for a few night please," shes spoke quietly and the bar-maid had to bend over to hear her.

"Oh course miss. We have a few available. Would you like to eat first?" Lainniss nodded and Ruby led her over to a table away from the commotion. She was quite surprised to see a woman travelling by herself. It appeared she was not of Rohan either which was even more unusual.

Lainniss took off her cloak as the fire was large and roaring. SHe fingered the plain pendant hung around her neck for a few minutes as if reminding herself of something and then waited for her food. It was a hot steaming bowl of soup and the server watched for a moment while she ate. Seeming satisfied, she returned to the bar and left Lainniss in peace.

ALthough, Ruby had seated her away from the table where the woman lay Lainniss had sat down with full view of it and now she watched the situation. Eventually, after finishing her soup and seeing they were not much nearer to helping the woman she stood up and walked over taking her bag with her.

"Excuse me. I am a healer- would you be needing some help?"

All that is gold does not glitter...
Old 01-25-2004, 02:30 PM   #24
Angry Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

1420!

It took a while for what Crystal had said to make sense to Angry. Her father a general? Sending people (armed soldiers no less!) to find her and capture her? He had thought his parents were cruel and insensitive but this really took the biscuit!

Its got to be a strange place she comes from if a father can't even find it in his heart to love his own daughter! he thought to himself. He was beginning to find it hard to believe that anyone could look upon Crystal, and know her, and not love her.

"Right then," he said, embarrassed,"So, despite obvious and well known risk to your honourable self, you're not going to be taking this young lady here back to her father?" Seeing that he had got this right, Angry's opinion of (what had Crystal called him?) Hama changed immediately.

"Well, sir, you have my deepest deepest thanks. I must buy you a drink, come, come sit and drink with us and I shall teach you of the Shire and all the songs that flow through it like the waters of the Brandywine."

He called for Ruby to come to the bar and fetch them three cups of Dwarven Whiskey and a pouch of Old Toby. Not noticing in his joy at Crystal's safety, the pain that she was suffering.
Old 01-25-2004, 03:37 PM   #25
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
Silmaril

Hamfast awoke very abruptly to the sound of cheering. Clearly, there was some party going on in the Inn. Getting dressed, Hamfast walked down over to a blank table and watched as men, dwarfs, elfs, and hobbits sung and drank and the night grew on.

Buttercup walked over to Hamfast. "Hello, uh, Hamfast was it? What can i get you?" she said trying not to make him feel any worse. "I'll have an ale thanks." Hamfast said, as if it would drown his sorrows. After several minutes Buttercup came back with Hamfast's drink, and left. "Cheers!" he said drinking his ale. Hamfast never recovered from his date with Ruby Brown, and only wished he had someone to talk to about it.
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 01-25-2004, 03:53 PM   #26
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Hama walked up to crystal and laid a hand on her shoulder. He looked at her again, and the smallest of small tears fell from the corner of his eye and trickled down his cheek.

"I could not cause you harm, Crystal. Your father is one of the...less gracious lords of the Rohirrim. Try to banish your sorrow for now, at least. You will not be moved from here if it is where you want to stay."

He moved away and nodded once in her direction. He sat down at the bar and took his glass of whiskey, and with a slight hesitation took a sip. He chuckled slightly and then let out a roar of laughter.

'By the mark, little hobbit. This is surely the finest drink in all the lands.'
Old 01-25-2004, 04:38 PM   #27
Linnahiril Tinnufinwen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"I'm hungry," said Hanna. Both Asphodel and Halfred turned to look at her. It was the first thing she had said all evening.

"Of course you are, my dear!" said Halfred. "What a great blockhead I am, starving my daughters half to death, all because of the Big Folk. Let us eat my dear, let us eat!"

Asphodel was glad that her father and sister seemed to be regaining their spirits again. For awhile, there seemed to have been a bit of commotion involving the Big Folks and a Hobbit, but it did not last for long. They were now all eating and drinking together. Asphodel was glad that her father sat with his back to them, because if he had seen that Angry Brandybuck was dinning with strange Big Folks, he would have marched right up to the poor young man and boxed his ears.

Asphodel was somewhat familiar with Angry Brandybuck. They had passed each other many times on the roads, had attended the same functions, and even had played together as children. Her father knew his father, and they sometimes did business together. "He's a nice young man," thought Asphodel, "though I hardly know him." She would never have told a soul, but she suspected that Hanna had taken a bit of a fancy to him.

Asphodel was pulled suddenly out of her solitary reflections by the sound of her father's voice.

"By the hair on my feet," he exclaimed, as a fair-haired Hobbit woman approached thier table. "If it isn't Belladonna Boffin!"

&lt;font size=1 color=339966&gt;[ 5:52 PM January 25, 2004: Message edited by: Linnahiril Tinnufinwen ]&lt;/font&gt;

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 5:54 PM January 25, 2004: Message edited by: Linnahiril Tinnufinwen ]
Old 01-25-2004, 06:04 PM   #28
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Crystal's fears finally fled. If Hama wouldn't turn her in or speak of her whereabouts then she was safe here.

"Thank you Hama. This is where I wish to dwell for the rest of my days," Crystal replied. She smiled at Angry's celebration drinks, but could feel his general confusion.

Yet it was she that was confused. Not by Hama's kindness, but by the thanks that Angry Brandybuck had given him. He was thanking Hama for not taking her away. Something confirmed inside of her soul that he didn't want her to leave as much as she wanted to stay.

She listened to Hama's amazement at the drink that he had taken a sip of. The dizziness she had been feeling earlier was still present, but diming now. I just need a nice long rest, Crystal thought as she got back up on the stool she had been sitting upon. The height and her dizziness caused her to almost fall off the stool. She rightened herself quickly and shook her head.

The constant fear, pain, sorrow, and grief she had been going through lately had seemed to start to effect her health. Something she wouldn't voice. She didn't want Angry or Hama to be concerned with her and she wasn't sure whom to turn to if she was sick. The thought frightened her already racked body.

Crystal coughed and hid her face in her cloak as she felt a trickle of blood come out of her mouth. It was worse then she had feared.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:12 AM   #29
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
Sting

Cree looked around still she saw nothing. Cree you need to be carefull around these people. She couldn't tell who or where the voice was coming from. She grabbed her throat almost as if someone was choking her.

"NO!" Cree screamed as she came back to reality. She looked up to notice something was going on while she was "away." She didn't know who these people were all she could remember was there was argument and then she passed out. She reached up and placed her hand on Grimm.

She didn't know if he was going to jump or have some type of heart attack. She noticed that something was going on with the others.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:24 AM   #30
Angel_Queen
Animated Skeleton

Angel_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Thank you Ravon" was all that she heard as she found herself lost in his eyes. She came back to reality when she heard what sounded like a scream.

"Its nothing special. It is I who should be thanking you." She blinked her eyes and lost all thought again. His eyes seem to be so different than that of the elves back home. Yet both races have one thing incommon. Its easy to tell what they want.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:25 AM   #31
Fool Of A Took
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Grimm felt a hand on his shoulder and he turned around. It was Cree. He smiled to her and said "Are you allright now?" She nodded and sat down in a chair. Grimm sat down beside her. He looked up and saw that Hama and Crystal stood and talked to each other. Grimm moved closer to Cree and said "That's the generals lost daughter. The general of Rohan." He tried to be discreet and pointed at Crystal. Cree nodded like she understood.

Grimm looked at Cree and then asked "So, where are you from, and what brings you here?" Grimm ordered another ale and looked at Cree. It was so long since I last met an elf, he thought and smiled to Cree, I thought they had left for the Grey Havens for many years ago. He took a sip of his ale and then looked at Cree again. He started getting tired, but he thought that if he got an ale and could have a nice conversation with a stranger that might could be his friend, he could be up for hours.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:32 AM   #32
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

"Eryn Lasgalen. I came here to escape the council that my father once lead. They blame his death on me." Cree could remember everything just like it was yesterday. "Its been so long since I've been able to talk to someone without worry of them finding me. Yet they're not going to force me to go back."

Cree sat there and rubbed her throat. What ever it was that was poured down her throat was about to kill her. "What did she give me?"
Old 01-26-2004, 09:58 AM   #33
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Ferethor stepped into the Green Dragon inn. Glad of warmth, he took off his weatherstained green cloak and made for a chair by the glowing fire.

"Aman!" He called, as he stretched himself and leaned back. "A pint of beer for me, please." In answer to a surprised look, he said, "No, I'm not on guard duty today."

After a while, order came in. "For Illuvatar's sake, I may just settle here!" Ferethor said. "Best barley beer north of Gonder!" He drank deeply, hoping to drown his grief in the stupor of beer.

It was just his way - to betray nothing of grief and sorrow that he was feeling. Only few of his truest friends could divine what his real mood was.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 12:07 PM January 26, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 01-26-2004, 10:00 AM   #34
Angry Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

Pipe

Still not noticing Crystal's distress, Angry's thoughts once again turned to his pipe. He felt in desperate need of a good smoke to calm his nerves down after that near run-in with the man of Rohan. He asked Ruby once again for a pouch of Old Toby but they had run out. There had been a shortage of the weed recently due to all of the 'Strange Folk' coming into the Shire and buying it for themselves.

Looking around the Common Room again, his eyes located Halfred Hamfast and deep inside his head a connection fired. He could not go over there, however, because then surely Halfred would see him with Crystal.

Eventually his cravings for weed and over-stretched nerves forced him to approach the Hamfasts' table. Crystal didn't even seem to notic as he mumbled an excuse, slipped off his stool and sidled over to the table.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:30 AM   #35
Fool Of A Took
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"What did she gave me?" Cree asked. Grimm actually didn't know. "Ehhmm... I am not sure. But what happened to you?" Grimm had the worried face again. Cree looked down to the table and seemed like she didn't want to talk about it. Grimm got more concerned. I certainly hope it's not too serious, he thought and stilled looked at her. Grimm took a mouth of his stew. It was cold now. Grimm rose and said a short 'Excuse me' to Cree.

He threw the stew with vegetables, at the way back he grabbed an apple. He sat down and she looked up at him. He took a mouth of his apple. It was big, green and tasted woderful. Cree was just about the respond his question.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:09 AM   #36
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
Sting

A small and weathered figure strolled briskly down Bywater Road, pulling his frayed brown cloak around him as best he could. He picked up his pace as he neared his destination, on one side of the path. He walked in and over to the opposite end of the Green Dragon Inn, dodging awkwardly past several small tables and people of various sizes and shapes, and sat down contently. He fumbled momentarily with the innards of his outfit until he came upon what he was searching for. With an elegant, if not exaggerated flourish, he whipped out a surprisingly long pipe, a merry glint in his eye.

He let his heavy garments fall back and relished the glowing warmth that filled the room, compared to the caustic chills outside. His body sagged in the chair as he relaxed in the fire’s light. He laid his arms on another table that sat in front of him and sighed deeply, scratching at his wizened face with rough-skinned fingers. He glanced with his tired eyes around at the establishment, taking in what sights there were to see. He smiled as warmly as the fire and turned back to his pipe.

He, Tobias Hornblower, could use a drink right about now, after a long period without any liquid sustenance. His head darted back and forth, scanning the room, his grey-brown strands of unkempt hair flailing lawlessly. He was, for some reason, hesitant to buy a drink. One of his hands went quickly to a coat pocket and dug around until a look of impatient irritation crossed his face. Grumbling to himself, he resumed his bird-like watching of the inn around him. He would’ve proceeded to get a drink, except for the pestering fact that he had no money.

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Old 01-26-2004, 11:38 AM   #37
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Crystal wiped the blood away and swallowed against her will. The metallic taste made her stomach twist and turn. She couldn't help it. She didn't want anyone to know. She turned to see that the woman that she had aided was now up. She swiveled in her chair.

"It's an older remedy from Rohan. It shan't hurt you," Crystal replied as she watched the woman. She seemed upset with her for helping. Crystal had only been doing what she had thought was right. She knew that if she had been in the woman's position she would have wanted help, but then again not all people liked to be help. Like herself at this particular moment. She was protected now here in the Shire, something she had desperately needed, but now her illness was becoming worse. Now there was blood involved.

She tossed away the thought of actually dying. She couldn't die and she wouldn't. Not yet, not when she had finally found a place to stay and a person to care for her. She wasn't going to leave this earth right now, not until she was fully ready.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:07 PM   #38
Linnahiril Tinnufinwen
Haunting Spirit

Sting

"Aunt Bella, Aunt Bella!" Hanna exclaimed excitedly, as the fair-haired Hobbit smiled and held out her arms. Hanna jumped off her chair, nearly knocking Asphodel over, and gave her aunt a big embrace.

Asphodel was glad, and not to mention surprised, to see her mother's sister at the Green Dragon. Her Aunt Belladonna lived in Bree with her husband, though she had grown up in the Shire. Asphodel had only been aloud twice in her whole life to make a trip to Bree; once accompanied by her father, and the other by Belladonna herself. Halfred was extremely hesitant to let any of his daughters, or any other Hobbit, leave the boundaries of the Shire. Even as shrewed a business man as he was, it took him years before he could be convinced to go to Bree to sell his leaf. But not to strangers. One of Halfred's biggest rules was that he would never sell any leaf to anyone other than a Hobbit. Which was part of the reason that he ran his business from his own plantation, and gave very little to the Green Dragon, or the Prancing Pony.

At first, Asphodel thought that her father's stubborness would keep him from gaining as much profit as he was capable. Whatever was the intention of the Big Folk, why gripe if they were willing to give you their gold? The truth of the matter was, however, that Hobbits smoked ten times the amount of the Big Folk. Halfred had no trouble selling most, if not all or more, of both his fields.

Asphodel stood up out of her chair and stretched her legs, which had become a little cramped after sitting for so long. Then she made her way over to her aunt, whose attention had been taken up by Hanna.

"And we picked some more Longbottom Leaf today," said Hanna to Belladonna. "Father has a whole pack of it in his jacket. Do you want to see?"

Belladonna laughed heartily. She had a cheerful, infectious laugh that could always fill a whole room. Even though the Inn was crowded with many people talking and laughing quite loudly, Asphodel was sure Belladonna Boffin's laugh could still be heard by half the people in the room.

"Do you want to see it?" asked Hanna again, looking anxiously up at her aunt. Asphodel approached Belladonna and found herself caught in a tight embrace.

"How are you, Asphodel?" asked Belladonna. Before Asphodel could answer, Hanna began tugging on Belladonna's cloak.

"Do you want to see it? Do you?"

"Alright, alright," said Belladonna, releasing Asphodel. "Show me the pouch."

Hanna happily trotted over to her father and began searching his coat.

At that moment, Asphodel caught sight of Angry Brandybuck approaching their table. She wondered what he could want. After some hesitation, completely unaware that he was being watched, he came and stood before her father. Hanna had already found the pouch and sat at the other end of the table, displaying it's contents to Belladonna.

Halfred eyed Angry suspiciously. Though having no idea what had passed in that very room involving the Big Folk and Angry, he was known for not thinking well of, "silly, good-for-nothing young men."

"Well," said Halfred after a moment's silence. "What can I do for you, Angry?"

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 1:09 PM January 26, 2004: Message edited by: Linnahiril Tinnufinwen ]
Old 01-26-2004, 12:39 PM   #39
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

"It was nothing. At least not the poison she thought. It always happens to me. Its more of a spell I take on." She dropped her head. Cree knew the girl was only trying to help her. "Thank you who ever you are, but I would have been okay. I always am." She turned to Grimm.

She was thankfull that someone cared for her. Though the medicine was hung in her throat. Cree got up and ran to the door of the inn. She ran outside and to her surprise she ended up throwing the medicine up. She had thought she heard voices behind her.

She turned around and noticed that Grimm had followed her outside. "I'll be fine." Cree turned her back to him and continued disposing of the medicine in her throat.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:53 PM   #40
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Aman served Ferethor with an ale, smiling lightly; she didn't take offence at his familiar address, as he had passed through the Inn on occasionaly visits more than once, and was always amiable, and whats more, always paid punctually and correctly. The man dropped the coins into her palm with a grin, not needing to ask the price (he had pretty much learnt the menu by now), before he settled back into one of the soft, battered armchairs by the fire, putting his feet up on the footrest. In such a way, he began to extol the virtues of the Green Dragon, drinking deeply. As the Inn had got busier, Aman didn't have time to dwell on the man, but departed back to the bar.

As she reached the bar, she noticed a young, slim woman already there, apparently waiting for the Innkeeper. The Rohirric Innkeeper didn't remember seeing her come in - she must have slipped in fairly quietly - but then, the Inn did get rather busier and rowdier as the afternoon wore on to evening. Looking at Reign, Aman remarked to herself that even in an Inn which seemed to attract such a range of people, she had very rarely seen anyone making such a concerted effort to be completely inconspicuous whilst obviously bursting with questions.

Coming to the side of the bar and slipping behind it, Aman smiled at the blonde, pale faced woman. "Good afternoon; I'm Aman the Innkeeper, can I help you?"