The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2003, 10:12 AM   #1
TealDude3
Wight

TealDude3 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Can anybody imitate Gollum's voice

I can do a whole bunch of voice imitations. But there are two that my friends think are very authentic and real.<P>Towelie from South Park and Gollum.<P>Does anybody else have a good imitation of Gollum or anybody else.
Old 03-15-2003, 10:22 AM   #2
Lady Iverin
Haunting Spirit

Lady Iverin has just left Hobbiton.
I can if I try. I mean, I have to work at it for awhile and then there's no stopping me!
Lady Iverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 10:30 AM   #3
LadyElbereth
Wight

LadyElbereth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

What are you talking about Lady Iverin? You couldn't imitate Gollum even if your life depeneded on it. lol j/k. You're definitly much better at it then I am.<P>Anyway, to answer your question, TealDude3, I can't imitate any characters on LOTR but there was this one time where I did a great imimtation of Brittney Spears...*shudders*<BR>
Old 03-15-2003, 01:29 PM   #4
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rynoah, the Overly-Happy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>but there was this one time where I did a great imimtation of Brittney Spears...*shudders*<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I am profoundly sorry. Of course, I'd rather have the talent to imitate Britney Spears than the talent to imitate Jar Jar Binks (which I can do).<P>I can do a semi-good impersonation of Gollum, but not at the moment. I have problems with my jaw that prohibit any impersonations for a long time.
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 02:35 PM   #5
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

Whenever the mood comes upon me, I'll freak all of my friends out and start talking like Gollum and calling them precious. It's hilarious! <P>Iarwain
Old 03-15-2003, 03:27 PM   #6
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arvedui III has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arvedui III
Shield

I can do Gollum. <BR>He sounds like he has a cold after awhile, but I can do it well for the most part. My friend Greg is much better at it then me. I sware,he dubed gollem's vocie, it's that good. My friends and I also imitate Gollum, Treebeard, and Sauruman during class. <p>[ March 15, 2003: Message edited by: Arvedui III ]
Old 03-15-2003, 04:21 PM   #7
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Whenever the mood comes upon me, I'll freak all of my friends out and start talking like Gollum and calling them precious. It's hilarious! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Me too! I sometimes get weird "voice spurts" when I can imitate others. I can usually do Gollum, though.
Old 03-15-2003, 04:45 PM   #8
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressië Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressië Ailin
Question

I creep my friends out all the time by imitating Gollum. For about a week, once, I was imitating Treebeard. It ws really weird at first, talking so slow, because I normally talk very fast. In class, my teacher asked my a question, and I answered her very slowly. And then she interrupted said, "You know we only 20 minutes left in the period!! Hurry up, and give me an answer!" It was so hard to resist the urge to say, "Let us not be hasty." I wonder what would have happened if I had...
Eressië Ailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 10:18 PM   #9
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well I can't imatate anyone very well, but my sister can do a Gollum Okay (Though she can do a lot of the other charaters way better). But it is not a voice that you would want to do all the time. It would probably hurt your vocal cords.
Old 03-16-2003, 11:45 AM   #10
King_Elessar
Haunting Spirit

King_Elessar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yep, I can imitate Gollum, complete with the gollum! gollum! choaking sound made in the back of your throat. If somebody asks me a question that I don't want to answer to, I say: Musn't assk usss, not itss buisnessss, no (gollum! gollum!).
I see in your eyes, the same fear, that would take the heart of me. A day may come, when the courage of men fails. When we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. This day...we fight!
King_Elessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 11:50 AM   #11
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hm...not too sure if i can imitate Gollum's voice but I can imitate him...well, golluming. I did it by accident once and my friend started laughing. i was like "what?" and shes all "did you do that on purpose? you gollumed!" i have been doing it ever since!
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 01:38 PM   #12
Catherine
Shade of Carn Dûm

Catherine has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Its very hard to do Gollum, I couldnt do it if my life depened on it, but my friend can do it pretty good.
I don't think I should have had the heart to leave it."
~Merry to Haldir in Lothlórien~
Catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 03:06 PM   #13
Sword Maiden Of The Shire
Animated Skeleton

Sword Maiden Of The Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

OK, this is funny. I can do a <I>perfect</I> Gollum voice (seriously, it freaks everyone out!..anyway) a couple of weeks ago, I used it at my friends expense:<P>A bunch of us were at my house (6/7 I think) and the power went out and we were just sitting around telling ghost stories. (Can you see where this is going? ) I got up to go upstairs and when I came down I overheard one of them say<BR>"Yeah it's here in my pocket" (I forget what it was)<BR>So, in the sprit of fun I hissed<BR>"What's she got in her nasssy little pocketsessss!!"<P>I've never seen them so scared in my life!!
Sword Maiden Of The Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 04:03 PM   #14
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

That's beyond funny, Shield maiden!
Old 03-16-2003, 07:38 PM   #15
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Did anyone watch Saturday Night Live last night? because they have this one person who has been doing a recurring Gollum during the Weekend Update Segment (I know this seems totally off topic, but just go with me here). The first time that he was on they had Gollum going after the Super Bowl Ring, and then this time they had him going after the Oscar (he was clutching the Oscar, and doing the split personallities thing to try to decide who he was going to vote for in the Oscar race). The person does a very good Gollum, and they even dress him up as him, and they even look similar. I hope they have it again so you can all see it, but it is one of the best Gollum impressions I have seen (In voice and in looks).
Old 03-17-2003, 12:34 PM   #16
Mornie Alantie
Wight

Location: Somewhere above earth cause people say i should come down to it
Mornie Alantie has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I Can immitate gollum really good according to everyone who has heard it. I love the moments when the time is right, like when someone does something dumb you say, "stupid fat hobbit" poeple look at you and laugh. I love doing the Gollum voice.
Old 03-17-2003, 02:24 PM   #17
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

Goldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Goldberry
I can't do Gollum really well, but my brother is awesome at it! All of a sudden, out of nowhere, he will just get on the ground and crawl around hissing.
Old 03-17-2003, 02:24 PM   #18
Dark Shadow
Wight

Dark Shadow has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Sometimes. Not very well. I can do the "My Precious". That tends to freak people out. My friend (I don't remember which one ) did a really good Gollum voice the other day though. It surprised me a lot actually.<p>[ March 17, 2003: Message edited by: Dark Shadow ]
Dark Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 06:13 PM   #19
ESTEN
Animated Skeleton

ESTEN has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ESTEN
The Eye

I have been told that I do a pretty good gollum I don't think it is that hard to do if you can talk using your voice in the back of your throat
ESTEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 07:32 PM   #20
Anorien
Wight

Anorien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Anorien
Sting

oooh! I can i can! *gets on hands and knees* we go know????? preciousssssssssssss,,, we don't want those nasty hobbitsesss to take you do we???? nonono, theys mean and hurtful to usss, yessss, *collum collum* #2 what are we talking about? #1 none our business! #2 what? yes it is our business. we go away #1 no we go away! #2 i wants the prescious!!!! #1 WE WANTS IT MORESSSS!!! #2 yous is a butt head. #1 no we is! #2 *points and laughs* #1 what?<P>(*giggles and feels special*)
Anorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 07:47 PM   #21
Aerandir Carnesir
Wight

Aerandir Carnesir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I can imitate Gollum, but I need to have alot of fluid in my throat like, when I have a cold or something. Other times it's not raspy enough. I can do a really good Gimli though. "And my axe!" ha ha!
Aerandir Carnesir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 08:27 PM   #22
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

Goldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Goldberry
Oh, that's nice to know about the fluid in your mouth, Aerandir Carnesir! Just hack up some fluid . . . . lol. <P>I can do Gimli pretty well. "Rrrrazor shaaaaarp rrrrrrocks"
Old 03-17-2003, 10:27 PM   #23
NAri Brassbow
Pile O'Bones

NAri Brassbow has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

i can do gollum and Smeagol when their wailing in lament it's all in the tone gollum harsh smeagol soft and submisive the "gollum, gollum! choaking noises are probly the easiest ones to do<p>[ March 17, 2003: Message edited by: NAri Brassbow ]
Old 03-17-2003, 10:33 PM   #24
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
One of my exes does a good imitation of Gollum.<P>If I give you his number, will you promise to call him at odd hours of the night and scream "Stinker" at him a lá Samwise?<P>
Old 03-17-2003, 10:37 PM   #25
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

I freak my friends out all the time with my Gollum impersonations. I especially love to do the "Ghhhollum! Ghhollum!" cough thingie. They say it sounds authentic. I think I sound like a girly Gollum
Ithaeliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 07:19 AM   #26
Maylin
Haunting Spirit

Maylin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Maylin
Sting

I can't do a good gollum sadly. I can't really make my voice sound different at all.<P> PS<P> I think my friend is trying to get the precious stolen. she was wearing it around her neck and and wearing a sweatshirt with the eye on it. THE RING WAS DANGLING RIGHT INFRONT OF THE EYE!!! WE IS DOOMED!!!!!
Maylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 08:35 PM   #27
Lady Iverin
Haunting Spirit

Lady Iverin has just left Hobbiton.
Ok, so I never really answered the question. Yes, I can imitate Gollum's voice and and sometimes others in LOTR as well. I can also do some pretty realistic faces that freak out my friends cause they say that I look just like him. And, I can do Bilbo's face(it doesn't look as good though)when he wants the ring in Imladris. Of course, a little stage light always helps...
Lady Iverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 10:55 AM   #28
MallornLeaf
Haunting Spirit

MallornLeaf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MallornLeaf
Silmaril

My cousin can do an awesome (and I mean AWESOME) imitation of the gollum from the two towers. I also have a friend who is just killer at reciting the line from FOTR, "It's mine, it came to me! my own, my love, my preciousssss." And his voice does that freaky trill on "preciouss!" it's awesome! My personal specialty is Galadriel.

"I pass the test, I will diminish, and go into the West, and remain Galadriel."
MallornLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 11:48 AM   #29
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

once i did.
Old 03-21-2003, 07:31 PM   #30
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I freak my friends out all the time with my Gollum impersonations. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Yes, Ith can do a great impression of Gollum.
Old 03-21-2003, 09:11 PM   #31
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

I am currently reading <I>The Hobbit</I> to my 5 year old daughter, and attempting to give the various characters different voices. And, having read "Riddles in the Dark" to her last week, I have to say that I enjoyed doing Gollum's voice enormously. Bit of a mixture between Andy Serkis and my own interpretation, but it was certainly fun. The "Gollum" in his throat was a bit difficult, though.<P>(Not to sure about how some of the other voices are working out - I keep getting confused over which accent I'm using for which Dwarf. Thorin as a gruff Yorkshireman seems somehow appropriate, though .)
Old 03-22-2003, 04:16 PM   #32
Princess_Fairy
Pile O'Bones

Princess_Fairy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Not only can my aggravating 8 year old brother do a excellent imitation of Gollum's voice but he can also do a excellent imitation of Golhum (meaning he can act like him). I could never do the voice, I don’t know why!
Old 03-22-2003, 04:19 PM   #33
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i just did the voice again. i am an official gollum impersonator <P>plus im the spitting image of him
Old 03-23-2003, 09:43 AM   #34
Elrowen Greenleaf
Animated Skeleton

Elrowen Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elrowen Greenleaf
Eye

Wow Meela... spitting image of Gollum... I must say... I do not envy you one bit. <P>I might be able to imitate him if I really tried... but I bet my little brother could do so much better than I. (My imitation gift is steered towards the elves and Star Wars characters.)

The bow of Legolas was singing.
Elrowen Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 06:41 PM   #35
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

I know a first grader who could beat all of you at it!<P>I forgot, I'm pretty good at imitating Michael Jackson. But, then, when you're a girl, it's pretty easy! <p>[ March 23, 2003: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 10:42 PM   #36
aragornreborn
Wight

aragornreborn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I can do a great Smeagol, but I can't do Gollum as well. I know, it's weird, but there is a difference. I also do Gimli, Pippin, and Saruman. I wish I could do Aragorn and Boromir.
At the name of Jesus every knee should bow and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. - Phil. 2:10-11
aragornreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 02:09 AM   #37
Elrond Jr
Pile O'Bones

Elrond Jr has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aww man!! My friend can do the best Legolas impression you have ever heard. It sounds so real with that accent and the stress in certain places. He also does a pretty-good Aragorn. And he can do EXACT impressions of the two orcs in TTT. The one that says "They are not for eating!" and the British one, "What about their legs." He makes them talk to one another and it is soo good and soo funny!
Old 03-30-2003, 10:54 AM   #38
Elrowen Greenleaf
Animated Skeleton

Elrowen Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elrowen Greenleaf
Sting

Somebody came over to our house for dinner yesterday... Talk about a Gollum/Smeagol impersonator??? If you didn't see him sitting there, you would have thought that the movie was playing. (Not kidding).

The bow of Legolas was singing.
Elrowen Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 11:59 AM   #39
The Evenstar
Wight

The Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I don't think I could imitate the voice of Gollum. Andy Serkis will always portray the character best!