Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2002, 05:42 PM   #601
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

OOC-- I'll probably not post till tomorrow evening. If you need my character or dragon, be my guest.

Angara stuck her head into the room where Child lay sleeping. The dragon strutted over near the bed purposely flapping wings over her head so that it was impossible for Child to remain asleep.

"Look how gorgeous I am," she crooned. "Some people appreciate me, and some do not." Angara glared intently at Child.

"The Lord Mithadan has good taste. I'm sure you could learn much from him, Child. In fact, he has such good taste that I recited one of my riddles for him. Not that he will be able to guess it!"

Child pulled the blankets over her head. With her free left hand, she hurled her pillow in the direction of the wyrm, narrowly missing her backside.

Angara shot her a parting glance as she departed the room, "Surely you have not forgotten my riddles. Without the answers to those, you may indeed find it difficult to locate your lost cousins. Ah, well, so sad. Some hobbits are extraordinarily slow to learn their place and duties in life."

Child had had enough for the day. She knew the wyrm was furious because Child had called her "my" dragon. That had been a mistake. No dragon, not even one with a relatively good heart, would put up with such an affront to dignity. For no one "owned" a dragon, surely not Child. Indeed, if Child had known the truth, Angara, with her magic ways and thousands of years of knowledge, considered Child to be quite a satisfactory pet.

[ June 29, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 06-28-2002, 09:47 PM   #602
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Stacey walked over to the lifeboat with Sam and Prim behind her.

Sam: Miss Stacey, are you sure?

Stacey: Yes, Sam. I've been a 5th wheel ever since I got to the Cormallen Feilds.

Sam closed his eyes and nodded.

Prim: Will Uncle Frodo find us?

Stacey: I'm sure he will, hon.

She lifted Prim into the lifeboat. "Sam? "

The hobbit sighed. "Very well, then."

Stacey lifted him into the boat, and between the three of them they lowered the boat into the water.

Stacey sighed, looking up at the Elven ship, then laid a hand on an oar. "Barrowdowns, here we come. "
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 06-28-2002, 11:38 PM   #603
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

The Journey took several days, with Stacey and Sam taking turns rowing the boat. Primrose wanted to, but was too little.

For a while, Stacey wondered if just heading off in the opposite direction that they had come was wise. How long had they been gone, anyway?

On what she counted to be the seventh day, what food and water they had hastily taken with them was running low. Just then Prim shouted,

"Papa, look! "

It was the mouth of the Anduin.

"Thank You, Lord," Stacey breathed, rowing just a bit harder.

Sam looked over Stacey's shoulder, back out onto the sea. "Oh, I hope they'll be all right. "

"They will." Stacey assured him. "I hope they find that little guy's relatives, too. "

Sam looked sad. "I just hope Mister Frodo will be okay. "

Stacey looked up, recognizing the strip of land from which they had launched. "He will, Sam. I don't need to tell you he's survived a lot. "

Sam shook his head.

"I hope Mister Mithadan will be okay." Primrose piped up. "I could tell he was still hurting. She grinned. "He can be awfully nice. "

Stacey stepped out of the boat and dragged it up on the shore. Sam hurriedly climbed out, and Stacey lifted Primrose over the side. She looked out over the feild, which seemed so empty and lifeless, now--rather like a--erm--ghost town.

"Well," she said, "I guess all we can do is go back to Bag End and wait for word. "

Sam nodded. He still looked sad. "Yes, I suppose so. I do hope we hear something, soon. "

The three began their walk across the Field and down the road that led back to Bag End.

~Fin~(for us, anyway)
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 06-29-2002, 01:09 AM   #604
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

From her seat on the ship's rail, she could hear the water lapping against the sides of the ships. The night was that quiet. Isil had risen, huge and slightly golden, and was now at the topmost part of its journey from pole to pole. Its light played upon the waves, its image captured a thousand times over, rising and falling, perfect, complete.

The stars were bright near the horizons, where the moon's bright light had not obscured them. To the north, the stars of the Valacirca were twinkiling softly. The Wain, as she remembered her mother calling it.

She heard the three hobbits before she saw them: Stacey, Primrose, and Sam. There was longing in their voices for the little comforts, the familiarity of home.

Drawing her grey cloak about her, she watched as they quietly walked past her in the dark and lowered one of the boats. It met the water with a small splash, and the hobbits descended into it with their few belongings.

Placing Prim safely between them, Stacey and Sam picked up oars and began to quietly paddle from the ship, bearing in a northerly direction.

She thought perhaps she should wake the others to let them know that the three had departed, but checked her step in mid stride. 'This is the way they wished to leave, true to their gentle hobbit natures, not wanting to bother anyone.' she thought to herself.

She raised her hand in farewell, and whispered a small entreaty to Ulmo and Ossë to guide their little craft and bring them safely home.

Pulling her cloak closely around her, she sat upon the railing once again, her back against a pillar, and watched the seas until near moon-set, when Isil unfurled a silver carpet from east to west, across the water.

[ June 29, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 06-29-2002, 07:52 PM   #605
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Anar spread his golden fingers across the waters, from the east. The stars retreated. Pio roused herself from her perch and placed both feet firmly on the deck, stretching her body into wakefulness.

Idril and Tuor were just coming on deck. They made their way to where Pio stood and greeted her. 'It's lovely isn't it,' said Idril, looking out over the glassy surface of the calm sea. 'Not for sailing, though.' said Tuor, noting the lack of wind. The three stood at the railing and watched the sun bring a bright sheen to the green glass of the sea.

Mithadan came out from his cabin, shrugging on his shirt as he walked toward them. The herbal poultices had done a remarkable job on his wounds. They were pink with new growth and no longer needed the protection of bandages. He joined the elves in their morning watch, enjoying the play of warmth on his skin.

Pio saw Veritas on the catamaran and hailed her, motioning her over to the elven ship.

Last to come up were the sleepyheads from below-deck - Child and Rose, just rubbing the sleep from their eyes; Birdie giving a large yawn and a satisfying scratch to the back of her head where her hair had knotted in her fight with the pillow; and finally Frodo, looking about anxiously for Sam and family.

'Where's Durshag?' asked Rose. 'He's gone for a swim,' said Pio, to ease his bones.'

Pio gathered the companions together and told them about the departure of Sam, Stacey, and Primrose by boat last night. Stunned silence followed her explanation, followed by protests of 'We should go after them!' 'Will they be alright?' What do we do now?!'

Idril let the flurry of words die down, and then called the companions to come sit in a circle and try to think calmly now about what they wanted to do. Then, tomorrow, depending on what was decided, the voyages to either home or further adventure would begin.

Pio stood, after a few moments and looked at her fellow travellers. 'I am willing to accept whatever decision you might make, though I must say I lean toward adventure. But I will leave you to your thoughts and your debate for now, and go make breakfast for you all. Empty stomachs make for poor decisions as I have learned.'

'So', said Rose to Child, 'What are your thoughts on all this?'
Old 06-29-2002, 11:16 PM   #606
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

ooc: Sam, I am sorry to see you leave.::

The night before:

As some slept and some debated over choices Rose found her way down to the lower decks to see Angara. As she approched she could see the dragon awakening from a short sleep and rustling her wings in agitation. "I'm sorry to disturb you." Rose said. " I just wanted to talk." The idea seemed absurb. If the others had such little profit in convercing with the dragon what hope did she have. But of all that had been brought together on the ship Rose felt that Angara would be the one with the most answers. And while she lay in the dark those that were blinded from the answers were up finding one dead end after another. Rose hoped to find some kind of wisdom from talking to Angara.
"What do you want to talk about?" asked the dragon.
"I-We all want to know about Halfling past..and halfing future." The fact that Rose used "Halfling" instead of "Hobbit" showed that she was serious.
Angara consitered her for a moment then said, "If you ask the right questions I may give you the right answers. So far not many are too willing to listen to what I have to say."

"You know alot about hobrims?"
"I might...."
"If I ask the right questions."
"Now your catching on." Rose jangled her brain for somting that would force the dragon to empty her mind. The right questions..what were they trying to find out?
"Well," Rose murmered " We're trying to find the hobrims. But why would they leave?"

"Remember. This is the Fourth Age. This all happened hundreds of years ago."
"So we're changing the past?"
"You might. But you have to think like you are not in the Seventh Age. Think about now."
"The Fourth Age."
"You have to think about everything. Most of all you have to think of yourself. You are a hobbit. They are hobrim. This is the Fourth Age."
"You've told me that."
"But do you understand it?"
"How do you find and bring together a bunch of missing hobbits?"
"Close." Then Rose thought of somthing.
"Why would they be missing in the first place?" Angara gave her a praising look."So somthing happenend sometime in the Fourth Age to cause the hobrim to go missing. And whatever they did was simalar to what hobbits would do. But what...Durshag's dream." Now Rose was really confused.

The present time:

Rose was sadened by Primrose, Stacy, and Sam's departure. But she understood why each would choose such paths. Or at least she thought she did. She figured Sam had been unable to dwell with a creature so like Gollum. Indeed, she expected Frodo to go after Sam. Stacy and Prim had probably felt useless during the journey and felt better to be going home. But of course Rose wasn't one worthy to judge hearts so she went on with worrying about the problems for those who still were on the boat.

"So", said Rose to Child, "What are your thoughts on all this?" Without waiting for an answer Rose imediatly plunged into her story about her talk with Angara including Durshag's dream. She would tell the others but she had learned to confide in Child and now awaited her friend's answer.
Old 06-30-2002, 02:31 PM   #607
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Breakfast had been made and eaten. Plates of savory sauteed searooms with herbs and onion, mounds of fluffy, scrambled eggs from the hens in the hold of the cat, thick slices of crusty, toasted bread dripping with whipped honey had all been washed down with numerous pots of tea.

The only sounds during the meal had been the smacking of satisfied lips, and the licking of honeyed fingers. Now the talk resumed about what the course of action should be.

Birdie was the first to stand up. She presented her views which weighed in on the side of finding out more about the hobrim and helping Durgash to relocate his people. 'So, is anyone with me on this,' she asked, 'or are Pio and I going to have to pilot this ship alone?' A light went off in her calculating mind: 'Hmmmm . . .I wonder if our percentage of ownership will go up if we do take this on ourselves?!'

Pio could almost see the thoughts playing across the her friend's face, and laughed out loud. 'Hey, Bird!' Leave the others to decide for themselves now, and come help me gather up the dishes and do the washing up.' She held out a sponge in one hand and a dishcloth in the other.

'Your insignias of ownership and authority!', said Pio, smiling.

Bird took the items and started to help with clean-up, revising all the while her opinion about not having a crew to whom she might delegate or 'share out' duties.

They were elbow deep in sudsy water when one of the others rose up to speak.
Old 06-30-2002, 03:03 PM   #608
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Child got up from the table and stretched. Her night had not been good. She had slipped out on the deck and discovered that Samwise, Stacey, and Primrose were missing. She could see their little boat departing in the night. Despite her anger at Child, Angara had agreed to carry a private letter asking Samwise and his party to reconsider and wishing them good luck if they chose a different path. Now, it appeared certain that their ways had parted.

In her mind, Child whispered, "Good luck to you, brave Samwise, and family and friend, whatever way you chose to wander."

Child faced Pio, Bird, Celli, Veritas, Rose and Rosseil. "I think it is time to set out on our way, since I have heard no words from any to the contrary.. Even Mithadan seems set on going. I hope his wound will not bother him too much. Idril has confided to me that they too have a mind to see the Anduin before returning to their home. They will come in tandem with us and the catamaran as we sail up the River. The way lies north, I believe, and a bit to the west. Levantro has agreed to act as guide."

Child generally liked to get up in front of everyone and announce plans as if she alone had made the critical decisions that had brought them to this point. But today, even after her speech and a lovely breakfast, she was stll in a nasty mood.

Angara had made it quite clear that she had carryed the letter last night for the benefit of Samwise, not for the ungrateful one who called herself her "mistress". Mithadan, too, had apparently found his wounds still grieving him as he appeared nowhere on deck.

Child was truly grateful when Rose came over to talk with her. Rose explained what the dragon had said to her.

Child wondered and responded to Rose: "Perhaps Anagara wants us to look even further back in time. For when she confided in me, she said we must look at very ancient documents. I think she meant the distant, distant past, even before the fourth age. For, truly, it would have taken very long for the hobbits to become hobrim, and develop fins."

Child mused: "What you have told me about Durshag's dream is nothing short of amazing. I had heard nothing of this before, either from Idril or Angara or Durshag himself. I do not know what it means. Perhaps you should share it with Pio and Birdland and Veritas and the others as well."

She continued: "I do not know yet what Frodo will chose to do. I dearly hope he will continue on with us, but I will not begrudge him if his heart should say to follow after Sam. We shall have to see."

"Whichever he decides, the direction we now go, towards the mouth of the Anduin, will benefit us all, and I personally will be most happy to leave this Bay and at least be able to see the banks of the River."

"Is Durshag playing in the water?" Child questioned Rose.

"Oh, yes," Rose replied, "I believe he is down with the dolphins. They even let him ride on their back."

Child laughed at the thought of one of her relatives riding atop a dolphin.

"Well, Rose, if you're up for a swim, let him know what's been decided and the change of course we will make. Later today, or by tomorrow at the least, he must come aboard again and tell us more tales that will perhaps help us determine what we should do, or where we should go to search for the descendents of the Elven messengers. The first stop, I think, may well be Minas Tirith."

Child said nothing to the others on board, but wondered if they might get a chance to meet some of the great figures of the early fourth age. For truly, she would love to see Aragorn and Arwen or Faramir and Eowyn, even if only from afar. She sat down on the deck and began considering what she would say to Faramir if she every truly had the opportunity to meet with him.

[ June 30, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 06-30-2002, 06:38 PM   #609
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

0.C.C. - Birdie's Summary

OK. It is the Fourth Age, Right? The ship is going to sail up the Anduin, possibly to Minas Tirith, to search ancient records for word of the Hobrim. Child has also spoken of getting in touch with The Teleri, one of the original Elven Clans (But I'm confused, 'cause the Teleri are in Valinor, right?)

Piosenniel still has the little gadget that can teleport the ship through the ages, (which was taken originally from the Blue Wizards.)

Rose is still having guilt feelings for her possession by the Evil REG. She also found Durshag having a bad dream about "a wall of water", which swept all Hobrim away. But she has not told anyone else about this dream, yet.

Angara is being a little snot, hinting to have a riddle that will help the search. But since his feelings were hurt, he has refused to give the riddle until someone has answered this riddle:

"I never was, am always to be,
Now one ever saw me, nor ever will.
And yet I am the confidence of all
who live and breath in Middle-Earth."

Veritas thinks she may have seen Gollum lurking around Durshag's sea cave.

The cast right now is:
Mithadan
Rose
Child
Pio
Birdland
Veritas
Celeae
Rossiel

other characters:
Durshag
Idril and Tuor
Angara the Dragon
Levanto the Mer-Man

Maybe still here, not sure:
Frodo
Vanima

There: Did I leave anything out?
Old 06-30-2002, 08:03 PM   #610
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

OOC --

Corrections: Rose told Child about Durshag's dream, but no one else has been told

Frodo must be "out-of-town" since he hasn't posted anywhere on the board since 6/28

Re Elven History: I shouldn't use the word Teleri. These are the Elven descendents of the Nandor who settled in the Vales of Anduin and other nearby lands.

They were a group of Teleri who gave up the Great Journey out of fear of the Misty Mountains. Some of them later went with Denethor to Beleriand and fought in the First War there. They settled in Ossiriand.

Anyways, I'm suggesting there were messengers sent between these 2 groups of Elves (Anduin and Beleriand), and they also carried messages for hobbits within the region of Anduin and beyond. (This part is not Tolkien -- it's me).

Perhaps, the Stoors saw how Denethor's Elves left for Beleriand, and that example gave them the wander lust to send them down the Anduin and west. You will notice there is a definite theme in hobbit history of "crazy" hobbits going off over the waters and on ships.

Question: Does our ship need a name and should it be "blessed" or ""christened" or whatever you do for ships? (Idril told me if we truly loved our vessel, we would give it a name!)

Should the name of our story be taken from our ship? So people will know it's not still a birthday party.

sharon
Old 06-30-2002, 08:40 PM   #611
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

O.C.C. - Yes! let's "christen" our ship before we set out, and start another thread. (since this one is starting to load ve-r-r-r-y slowly.)

Do you all realize this thread has been going on for 38 pages?! That's gotta be a record. Yay, us!

Ship name - "The Lonely Star"?

[ June 30, 2002: Message edited by: Birdland ]
Old 06-30-2002, 09:42 PM   #612
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Rose liked the idea. So hobbit's didn't just pop out of the ground. She couldn't wait to talk to Durshag. Rose ran over to the side of the ship and called to the hobrim. She climed over the rail and plunged into the water to join him. After a while of swiming Rose spoke "We'd better get back up to the ship now." As she made to find her way back onto the deck she heard Durshag speak behind her.

"Like the lonely star it is." Rose turned to look at the hobrim.
"What?" she asked.
"Heard a story about a star. My mother said it comes out of the darkness bearing hope. Just like this s-ship."
"You heard a story about a lonely star?" the hobrim nodded then went on.
"The lonly star brings hope in dark. I had darkness and then cousins come on a ship..on a star."
"But it's not lonely. There are other ships too." he shook his head.
"Other stars help yes. But lonely star is the brightest." Rose thought about this. Hadn't they been trying to think of a name? Perhaps Durshag's vision of the boat was just what they needed. She looked up at it herself and recalled when she first saw it at the party grounds. She remembered being enchanted by how grand it was.
"Then that's its name. The Lonely Star."

ooc: how's that? If you rather it be a group decition then I'll delete this post. We can start another thread called 'The Lonely Star.' We might even pick up a few people who don't know this is the adventure spawned from the B-day party. Of course they might have trouble catching up to all that's happened but.......oh well. If everyone agrees with this then we can go ahead with the plot. (oh and that story about the lonely star...i made up.)

[ June 30, 2002: Message edited by: Rose Cotton ]
Old 06-30-2002, 10:10 PM   #613
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

OOC: Several things on my mind:

Yes, let's christen the ship and design a banner thereafter! I have been looking at some drawings that Tolkien did of devices, or insignias for various of his Elven lords, I think we should have an identifying device.(Mithadan - would you like to develop one for us, should you choose to go with us?)
what about name of ship as:

The Wandering Star
in Quenyan: Eleránë
or
The Rising Star
in Quenyan: Elenòrë (the ending - òrë -also is a homonym for heart or spirit.)
& yes, we could and should start a new thread with this name or a ship name of our consensus.
Did I have a brain f@rt? - when exactly was it we entered the 4th age?
As I recall, I think Pio re-attached the crystal time thingy to the Wheel at some point just before the Blue Wizards.
I think the catamaran should come with us, also - it is a trireme, and can move by oar-power in still waters. Perhaps we should think about naming the 'crew' - that will make other characters that we can also manipulate as we need.
As to the Teleri - I thought they preceded the breaking into the classifications of Nandor, Laiquendi, Eglath, Sindar and Falathrim. Not all of them(the Teleri) returned to the West - We can use the Falathrim sea-elves who dwelt with Cirdan first in West Beleriand at Falas and then at the Isle of Balas at the mouth of the Sirion, and then probaly accompanied him to the area of the Grey Havens.

One other thing: can we rename Durshag somehow? It sounds like and Orcish sort of name. Perhaps someone else called him that and he uses it instead of revealing his true name.

Huzzah!!!!! can't wait to get started on this journey!!!!!

[ July 01, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 06-30-2002, 11:53 PM   #614
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

OOC -- Durshag does sound like an Orc! Maybe he has a secret hobrim name he tells only to friends or something? Can we give Durshag an "old Westron" name? Water in Westron is "nin" There aren't a lot of words in Westron, but here are some possibilities:

Kalinin - merry or happy water
Nasnin - water people

Hey, here's another idea for a last or family name: In Westron, "Tarkil" means person of Numenorean descent. In view of our possible story line that has possibilities, especially if someone starts digging in the records at Minas Tirith and finds out exactly what that last name signifies.

How about: Kalinin Tarkil, or Kali, for short? (Kali sounds more like a hobbit than Durshag.)

I am flexible about the name of the ship. They all sound fine. Whatever you (Pio, Bird, Rose, Mith, etc.) decide is fine.

Will we name the new thread after the ship?

Do we need to have a separate discussion thread, or is it better to handle it all on the same thread like we are doing now?

sharon

[ July 01, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]

[ July 01, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 06-30-2002, 11:58 PM   #615
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

ooc: We're big kids. We can handle it all on one thread. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Whatever you decide will float my boat.(get it, we're on a boat)Alright, I've tormented you enough. I will be going to a day camp for awhile so choose wisely and use my charicter as you please. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] ::
Old 07-01-2002, 12:55 AM   #616
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Westron would be good to use for the hobrim's name. We needn't make his first name an actual Westron word - didn't Tolkien use common English to cover the Westron names for the most part. His last name could be more in keeping with an actual Westron word, eg., Kalinin (Merrywater). Are you thinking of Tarkil as sort of a clan name? Are you thinking 'Tar' as Westron referring to 'burrowing' or 'creeping through a hole'?
See ATANI

Yes, let's name the new thread after the ship.

Let's also keep the discussion in the thread/or we can email each other.

[ July 01, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 07-01-2002, 06:25 AM   #617
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

Let's see: Yes to new thread, and new Hobrim name! I like Kali. Don't think we need to go overboard with an explanation for the change. If we all agree, we'll just change it in the new thread, and move on.

Also don't think we need a seperate discussion thread. This seems to work fine.

Ship name: I like Lonely Star, (it's from Bilbo's Last Song in Sharon's sig. Don't know if Bilbo made that up, or if it is an Elven name.) But I will go with the majority. "Something-Star" seems to be a consensus, anyway.

Age: I'm not sure which age we're in, either! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] But apparently, we can go to whatever Age we like, whenever we like.
Old 07-01-2002, 07:36 AM   #618
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Good idea to start a new thread. We'll be out of room soon. Just pick a name, e-mail all involved and I'll shut this one down. I had a site which had the heraldry of the elves but it closed down. Early on I described the standard of Earendil. That may be appropriate.
Old 07-01-2002, 08:39 AM   #619
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

OOC: Lonely Star, it is then! When would you like to start?
Old 07-01-2002, 08:56 AM   #620
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

Mith says he can shut down this thread, so pick up the tale where ever you like. We might want to title it "The Lonely Star" or "The Hobrim's Tale" whatever, then add: "continued from...B-W Birthday thread", so people will know it's not a brand new story.

They've still got me on second shift. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img], so have fun. See ya around 9:00 tonight!