The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2003, 10:00 PM   #1
Angela
Newly Deceased

Angela has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Angela
Ring The Gathering of the Fellowship

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I did scan over the topics for the last few months and didn't see anything, and I haven't been here in a loooooooong time, so I was wondering if anyone is planning on or has already gotten tickets to attend the Gathering of the Fellowship in Toronto in December? I am the only one registered under the barrowdowns so far! What's up peeps? Well, I hope that you all have heard of it...if not here is the link...
http://www.tolkiengathering.com/

let me know whats up...i'll be checkin' in from now on! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

~Veardaiel~

[ June 03, 2003: Message edited by: Angela ]
~Psalm 37~14&15 The wicked draw the sword and bend the bow to bring down the poor and needy, to slay those whose ways are upright. But their swords will pierce their own hearts, and their bows will be broken.~
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 09:26 AM   #2
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Tolkien

I think it would be fun to go as I would most likely get into a barroom brawl with the Tolkienonline crowd. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I dont have reservations, but I may crash the Sheraton... [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Snowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 02:49 PM   #3
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

I wish I could attend, but it seems that you must be 18 or older, not to mention that I will be immersed in my school year at that time (Junior Year *shivers). Also, my parents probably would not let me go to Toronto considering S.A.R.S. and all that is happening with that in Toronto. Hey: the Alaskan LOTR Fan Club already has 6 people going? Come on guys!

Oh: quick warning: it seems as though that film that I brought everyone here's attention to, "Ancanar", is, in fact, going to be released, short-haired Elves and all, and they are going to present it at the Gathering of the Fellowship. There's one reason I am glad I am not going.

[ June 03, 2003: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 06-03-2003, 05:01 PM   #4
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
I wish I could attend, but it seems that you must be 18 or older
Ditto. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Besides, itīs sort of stupid to fly across the atlantic, for like, three days... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Sounds really cool though! And Vanima, whazzat "Ancanar" thingy? *runs over to movies forum*
Old 06-04-2003, 01:08 PM   #5
peony_foxburr
Haunting Spirit

peony_foxburr has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peony_foxburr
1420!

Well, I'm hoping to go, but haven't put in my reservation till I actually get my time off approved. I'm sort of low on the food chain, as far as preference for time off goes. It sounds like the sort of thing I was too chicken to do when younger--therefore, lots of fun!!!! SARS--I snap my fingers at SARS! Drink enough alcohol, it'll kill the bugs! (anyone who's aware of my low capacity will find this an amusing comment)
"And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed on into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water."
-The Return of the King
peony_foxburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 07:56 PM   #6
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I will be unable to attend because I like live about 2000 miles or so from Toronto, and I will still be in the middle of my high school studies. But I am lucky though because south of me in Portland we have a group of hyperactive Tolkien fans who are always organizing something. They are going to be orgainizing a week long celebration/convention/movie viewing thing before ROTK comes out which I will of course be attending.