The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2004, 12:03 PM   #1
Araréiel

Araréiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril Groups?

Now this has probably been covered before, and I'm sorry if it has. I am getting an error messege when I try to search, so I'm posting anew.

In profiles, it says "[User]is a member of the following groups" or "[User] is not a member of any public groups" What are groups? Where are they?

If this has been covered, you can just post a link if the search if working for you right now. Thanks.
Araréiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 12:09 PM   #2
Araréiel

Araréiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Also, on the Member List, for many members it shows the Date Last Visited as 12-31-1969. This is completely irrelevent to life, but I don't know the answer, and naturally I want to know what I don't know. So does anyone know?
Araréiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 12:38 PM   #3
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I'm moving these questions which concern forum business to the Barrow-Downs forum. I can answer the first question - groups are possible with this forum software (we've only had it for a few months), but we haven't established any as yet. As to the second question, that date is an error which probably happened when we moved to this present site.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 06:45 PM   #4
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Quote:
As to the second question, that date is an error which probably happened when we moved to this present site.
I believe that it indicates that the member in question has not visited the site since the move to the vBulletin site format.

Questions concerning the site format are answered on the vBulletin 3.0 Gold Questions thread.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:55 PM   #5
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
that maybe belongs in VB discoveries thread. or maybe not

Quote:
I believe that it indicates that the member in question has not visited the site since the move to the vBulletin site format.
I figured that much for myself . Just wanted to make you all happy with information that in my case the date I see for absent members is 01-01-1970. I believe it is explainable by personal Time Zone Settings.

Or, these modern software things are getting curioser and curiosed each day...

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote