The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2005, 03:50 AM   #1
Amrod the Hunter
Haunting Spirit

Amrod the Hunter has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Amrod the Hunter
Pipe Why did you join?

Why did you join this forum?Because you like the books,because you like the movies or something else?I joined because of the books and because the forum is great....
Amrod the Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 06:38 AM   #2
Lolidir
Wight

Lolidir has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lolidir
I joined simply because no one I know knows a whole heck of lot (as much as I do anyway) about LOTR. I came here searching for a place I talk with people that know more than me. It gives me a place to share and learn stuff about Tolkien and his works.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:03 PM   #3
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

*spends a few minutes thinking*

Well... I first found the site because my brother, who introduced me to The Lord of the Rings by denying the trilogy to me, is a member. I'm an avid reader and I love fantasy (and I'd already read The Hobbit), so when he refused to lend me his books, I wanted to read them just to spite him. So I borrowed an extremely battered (pages fell out while I was reading) copy from his English teacher and read it in about three days. After that, I very quickly read the second two volumes and became an immediate fan. This was before the Movies. I had all sorts of questions, but he didn't want to share his hobby with me and nobody else in my family had read the books, so I resorted to the internet. I found this website (the history on our computer had this and theonering.net) and started looking around.

Observing the friendly atmosphere and the fact that there is truly a place for every kind of Tolkien fan here, I fell in love. I'm moody, so there are some days that I want pure intellectual debate, and that is Books. I also have a zany sense of humor, so Middle Earth Madness (as it was at the time) was perfect. Movies catered to the fact that FotR had come out two months before I joined officially. I was terrified of the Quiz Room, but these days, if I get on a roll... Once seeing all this, I decided that this was the perfect place to share my hobby. After coming up with my lengthy moniker, I posted a thread the very first day and I've never regretted a moment sense. The End.

Fea
Old 04-11-2005, 03:48 PM   #4
Nimrodel_9
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nimrodel_9 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Nimrodel_9
Thumbs up

I joined for the love of both the books and the movies, though I don't go into the books forum very often. I feel like I'm a 2nd grader amongst seniors in there.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:05 AM   #5
ElementFire
Animated Skeleton

ElementFire has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Because it's fun!!! Fun fun fun!!! And everyone here is nice! well...most everyone... haven't really met everyone...

I don't do kung fu, I do kung lamb!!!
ElementFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 01:10 PM   #6
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
aye... it was my older brother that brought me to see a performance of the Hobbit by the UofC, thats what really got me into Tolkiens work...then he showed me this site and i decided to join in...much fun indeed
Old 04-16-2005, 06:07 PM   #7
aredhelthewhite
Pile O'Bones

aredhelthewhite has just left Hobbiton.
Narya

I'mon here becus I had nithing to do today
I got in the the net and foundthis,desiding that it was a good idea
simply blah
aredhelthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 03:48 AM   #8
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

I didn't originally join the forum, I found the site and regularly haunted the chatroom. It took a few months for me to work up the courage to join the forum, labyrinth of intelligence that it was. I had just found out about the impending release of one "Fellowship of the Ring", and I undertook a thorough internet search. Thus I clicked the first returned link:the Barrowdowns. And I stayed put.

Last edited by Meela; 04-16-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Meela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 09:17 AM   #9
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Tolkien

It was in 2000... I had heard of the making of a movie of one of my favoritist book series ... Lord of the Rings. This renewed my interest in Tolkien and I joined a couple websites. I think it was May or thereabouts that I first posted on Barrow Downs when it was on EZ Board. I never registered when they moved to the old board until a couple years later.

So it was my love of the books, but my curiousity of the upcoming movies that caused me to join. Later when I joined again, I was seeking good RP experiences like I had once back in 2000. Unfortunatly the time constraints on myself and the stringent rules on RP here made my commitment to the Barrow Downs be intermittant at best.
Snowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 02:17 AM   #10
eowyntje
Animated Skeleton

eowyntje has just left Hobbiton.
I joined because I like the conversations about the books a lot. I rp a lot on othe rforums and therefor I am constatly looking for lotr data. What happened in that year? Where was that character at the time and why? Who's the son of who? On this forum I cna find all that information and maybe sometimes add a little of my own. Also, I love the quotegames.
eowyntje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:09 AM   #11
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

I joined because I had just seen the first movie and was reading the books. There were a lot of things in the books that I wanted to learn more about, so I went searching on the web. I don't remember how I stumbled across the Downs, but I did, and I came to check out the boards. Everyone here was so knowledgeable and gave such thorough answers to questions that I just had to stay because there was so much to learn. I've since quieted down because I've participated in many of the discussions a couple years ago (as well as a few riddles threads that were going strong for a while), and since the books are not fresh in my mind anymore I don't really have much to add to the discussions at the moment. I hope to pick them up again, though, and join in once more. For now I just kind of haunt. There are still many familiar "faces" around here who I enjoy talking to, so my spirit remains floating around
It's funny, too, because when I joined these forums, Hobbits were my favorite, and Sam was my favorite character (can ya tell?)... and since then, Eowyn has become my favorite character. But, I couldn't just give up the online alias I'd had for so long, nor the cute little beer carrying hobbitlass that represents me here at the boards
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 10:46 AM   #12
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
My reason is about the same as everyone else's, although in a backwards sort of way. I heard about a movie, found out it was a book, read it, loved it, searched about it, found here.
I have to laugh because I am the opposite of Meela. The chat room scares me because it's so fast, and I type three fingered. So I love the forum because it is at my pace. I agree with Feanor of the Perdhil, I love how diverse and inclusive the forum is. From greenies to master lores, from serious to silly, all are welcome here!
Old 05-11-2005, 01:19 PM   #13
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well I've been a book fan for a while now and watched the films when they came out and I was always looking for some good quizes and found some on the wesite. I've gone through most all on this site and it wasn't until I had a question (not quiz related) that I decided to join and I've been loving it since.

I want to thank you all for how welcoming you have been and for all the wonderful comments that I agree and disagree with, both help to stimulate conversation.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:30 AM   #14
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolidir
I joined simply because no one I know knows a whole heck of lot (as much as I do anyway) about LOTR. I came here searching for a place I talk with people that know more than me. It gives me a place to share and learn stuff about Tolkien and his works.
thats my reason too
Old 05-12-2005, 01:37 PM   #15
Assasin
Wight

Assasin has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I joined because I like to talk about LotR, and hardly any of my friends do. So know I can talk about tiny little details of the books and the movies and not get laughed at, well not most of the time.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:26 AM   #16
Turin Turumbar

Sting

I joined for several reasons. I love both the books and the movies. I happened to stumble accross this site the other day, and started reading some of the old threads. I was interested, so I read a bunch of them, and decided to join so I could take part in a thread if I wished. I didn't originally intend to become a member, but your discussions drew me in.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:34 PM   #17
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
I joined for the free shotgun with every new registration.

Still waiting for mine to arrive in the mail...
Old 11-06-2005, 07:12 PM   #18
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
The reason why I joined is that some weeks before I had just finnished my anual LOTR reading, this resulting as allways in my having a Tolkien frenzie, during witch I bought 3 LOTR and 1 Hobbit computer game, 1 book conserning Tolkien's Inspiration and 1 of him. (Tales From The Perilous Realm)

After reading most of the 2 books I startet playing the games, when I finished the last game I was still craving for somthing Tolkien relatet and I startet searching on google for stuff and the first thing I found was The Barrow Downs.

What can I say, I have been hooked ever since

P.S. It was only the Forum that I found, I did not know about the main site for the first 3 weeks or so and 1 week later I found out there was I chat room. (who uses that? I never see any body I know! Almost that is)

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 11-06-2005 at 07:34 PM. Reason: adding a P.S.
Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 07:29 PM   #19
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Thumbs up

Oh dear, I suppose it was all of the penetrating Legolas discussion that drew me in.

I saw the first film and became intrigued by the original story, though I actually saw the link to the main site on a different forum. Apparently, someone was really impressed with some of the fun tests and decided to spread the word. I found the forum via the main link and quickly realized that the level of discussion on here was through the roof. And I get my swooning done elsewhere, if you don't count the combined hotness of Bethberry and Squatter.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:01 PM   #20
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
I joined for the free shotgun with every new registration.

Still waiting for mine to arrive in the mail...
*shakes fist* i want my shotgun!

no seriously, same as rune. i was googleing around and ran across it. joined cuz its awesome!
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 08:47 PM   #21
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
I joined back in Feburary because dear old Wilwa showed me this wonderful site. I also really love the books and movies which gave me even more reason to join.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:16 PM   #22
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Because I had nothing better to do.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 09:40 PM   #23
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encaitare

i was thinking something similar to that...like... why not?
Old 11-06-2005, 11:28 PM   #24
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

I started going to the chatroom back around winter of 2001 when I was fourteen. I'd been a fan of Tolkien since I was about nine, but didn't really get into going on the internet until about the summer of that year. Then when I saw that the movies were going to come out, I decided to look around for a chatroom, figuring I would have to find some people who were interested in the books. I stumbled across the chatroom through Google, I believe, and zifnab and Sharku were the first two people on the Downs that I spoke to, I think.

I joined the Forums finally after lurking around February of 2002. I've been coming on-and-off ever since.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:53 AM   #25
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
I never liked and had barely heard of LotR until I saw FotR somtime in the last week of 2001 with my dad and brother. A few weeks later, my dad bought us copies of LotR and The Hobbit, and we both read them. I took a long time to get through them, owing to the fact that I lost FotR on the bus when I was partway through it and had to wait until we could get another copy. By this time we had 2 copies of The Hobbit and it was to be the beginning of a long history of owning multiple copies of all the books for me and my brother. (At current count, 2 of FotR, 3 of TTT, 4 of RotK, 2 one-volume copies of LotR, 2 copies of The Hobbit, 2 of Silm, and much overlap of the shorter works in various different collections.) We became obsessed with LotR sometime in the spring of 2002 and nobody has been able to stop us since, although many have tried and failed.

I discovered the 'Downs in September or October of 2002, because something on the main part of the site (I'm not sure what) came up when I googled Eowyn. I spent the next seveeral months reading things on the main site, never knowing that there was a forum. I finally discovered the forum sometime in the spring of 2003 and lurked for a bit before actuallly joining in May. In November I finally convinced my brother to join, although his presence is sporadic during the summers and almost nonexistent during the school year. (He mostly spends his spare time playing video games and very graciously allows me to use the internet most of the time.)
Old 11-07-2005, 05:59 AM   #26
Gothmog
Shade of Carn Dűm

Gothmog has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Gothmog
First time, I were looking for some information or answer to some question, which I do not recall at this time. I stumbled upon the mainsite and found some funny games and stuff to make my time go. Then there were more questions (there always is) and I found the answer to many of them by reading posts by the excellent members of this forum.

As the time went, I found myself wanting to participate in some of the discussions, but I doubted I could contribute with much. Still I signed up and here I am! As predicted, there's not much I can contribute with amongst Tolkien specialists as those present here, but I try my best.

I had a break from the forum of about a year. I hadn't posted much before and I doubt anyone remembers me from before it. But then I accidentely stumbled upon the forum again, and to my great surprise I remembered my login and password. And suddenly I'm addicted. Trying to catch up with lost time I guess...

He who breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom
~Lurker...
Gothmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 06:42 AM   #27
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
I think most Downers are well aware of the reason why I joined the Downs

Anyway, I stumbled on this site about six months ago, when I was googling for information for my Beowulf-paper (yes, truly, this site is most academic). I had never actually read the Lord of the Rings trilogy before, but was of course well acquainted with the movies and the story in general. I continued visiting the site every once in a while, just to laugh privately at all the Tolkien freaks and to read the Crazy Captions thread. Then, one good day, I discovered the werewolf games and after reading one, I was immediately addicted. I didn't even stop to consider and instantly joined the Barrow Downs, my nickname being the first word that came to mind, and signed up for WWIX. And that is how it began. After a few weeks of quality Downs time, I was so completely in love with all of you I never wanted to leave again. I guess I am one of the few members who became a Tolkien fan because of the Downs, and not the other way around.

I must say I am quite grateful for not knowing much about Tolkien before joining this forum, mostly because there are many intelligent people out here who can be really intimidating, I think, to outsiders. I would probably have been so pre-occupied trying to impress everyone, I would never have enjoyed it so much. Though basically all members are very warm and friendly towards newcomers, the Barrow Downs know a whole range of unwritten rules that probably scare many a newbie off. It is almost strange how online fora can seem like complete, individual subcultures.

Quote:
Yeah, this post is really an extended version of the same reason.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 09:01 AM   #28
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I loved the books and I wanted more information about them and Arda itself. I also thought that discussing things and sharing my knowlegde with people would be really fun. And it really has been.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 12:12 PM   #29
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Word of mouth.

Literally, I heard about it from a flesh-and-blood human being- in person.

I've been a Tolkien fan for years- to the despair of most of my friends. Last year I had the fortune to acquire a new friend who didn't find me QUITE so nuts as the rest of them...

She was one of those movie-fans who were drawn in by family at the time of the movies. Being a more involved net-browser than I, she was one of the many fans who had discovered the 'Downs as one of the foremost online sources of Tolkien information and community.

We got to talking one night about Tolkien, the 'Downs came up, and in a fit of consummate boredom on January day, I took the plunge and arrived in this intriguing land of black, green, yellow, and Werewolves.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:29 AM   #30
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Bacause I was desperate. If I didn't get to talk ask anybody how Faramir knew that Aragorn is the king, I feared I would explode.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 08:08 AM   #31
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Can I even remember! I think I just found it on Google one day in a lesson after becoming too bored with whatever I was doing to concentrate on work. I've been a fan of the books for years and after starting school and becoming acquainted with an internet that isn't removed from you after 3 minutes I started looking for LotR websites. I remember that I had no idea there was a forum for months! I just hung around on the main page. Having finally found my way inside I was then very quiet for close on a year, just reading and getting used to the way things worked. One day I decided to start joining in and I haven't stopped since!
Old 12-05-2005, 09:34 PM   #32
Laitoste
Wight

Laitoste has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Because I had nothing better to do THEN, but now that I do, I can't tear myself away!

Actually, I started coming here because of the fanfiction...didn't have the restrictions on it that it does now, and I read some really weird stories. I started haunting the forums, then finally joined. The quality here has spoiled me, and I have a hard time visiting others with less intellect. Now, if only I would post more...
Old 12-05-2005, 09:50 PM   #33
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I, too, was drawn in by the fanfiction. Curiosity drew me to the forum, and then I had to reply in the Books forum. That bled over into RPing. Then I had to leave for some time due to private matters.

Then, one magic day, I was on Google, and a friend suggested I google my screen name (I use this one alot) just to see what I could find. Lo and behold, I found some posts from the BD, and I knew I had to go back. So, I tentavely returned, at first only reading through some threads when I had time, catching up on where a few that I had been in had ended, etc. Then a certain someone just had to post the Eru vs God thread, and I couldn't resist replying. I got such a warm rewelcoming that I had to make time for it permanently. So, now I'm back!

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:53 PM   #34
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife
Then a certain someone just had to post the Eru vs God thread, and I couldn't resist replying.
Well now I'm more glad that ever that I opened that particular can of worms!

Any chance of you coming back to the Green Dragon Inn? There's going to be a party there soon -- with free beer!
Old 12-05-2005, 10:03 PM   #35
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I was a big fan for many a decade, and finding others of the same ilk was a bit of a challenge in the pre-Internet days (yes, at one time this did not exist!). So eventually I gave up and just held conversations/debates inside my head, as no one else really cared about Balrog wings and minutiae regarding the Istari. My wife, though feigning interest, only humored me.

Then fire was invented, then cities, then motion pictures, then I read somewhere that someone was going to make LotR into a movie. How exciting! as the previous attempt was somewhat lacking. And so I perused the Internet for any scrap of PJ's plans.

Then when the films arrived I was finally able to 'talk Tolkien' with other people...even some within my own family. I was asked many questions that PJ stirred up, and so all of that studying was paying off. Life was good.

Then it was on to RotK. The fun was ending, but at least I would have the extended edition DVDs to keep me warm. TTT was not my favorite, but surely PJ would really shine in the last set, RotK:EE. Little did I know.

I watched the Gandalf:Witch-King scene, and then it was all over. I didn't rewatch RotK for some time, as I was angered at PJ's portrayal of Gandalf. This was high blasphemy, even for PJ. But another voice mocked that maybe it was me. I had to know. Was I going mad (err...madder)?

I looked for other fans discussing this issue. A quick search lead me here. And I've felt at home ever since. And in Tolkien fashion, it's been a eucatastrophe.

Thanks PJ!
Old 12-06-2005, 02:48 PM   #36
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I used to have nobody to talk to about Tolkien when I first read it - I used to maither my brother but being a brother he used to get fed up with me after a while. So I used to sit and talk about it to his mates until he got fed up with that and decided I was too much of a pain to be allowed to join in with their D&D games. I got used to talking Tolkien with myself. At Uni I shared a flat with a fan but we were frightened by the blokes in the sci-fi club so we didn't meet any more. Then all was quiet until I ended up working with a bunch of assorted fan geeks, most of whom also liked Tolkien. I wanted to carry on the talk at home...

Well I've said before that I stumbled on the 'Downs when looking up possible origins of my own name, strangely. I liked the look of the site and kept coming back for a look, eventually noticed there was forum and had a look and was impressed. I was in the market for a new forum as I'd joined others (non-Tolkien related) and they'd been a bit pants and ultimately unsatisfying. i wanted to be in a Tolkien forum though, and after looking at a fair few on the 'net found that they were all too weird and complicated, too stupid (e.g. going on and on about how 'cute' Orlando Bloom is), or too cliquey.

So I thought the 'Downs was the best one and joined and was scared and quite intimidated because I'm like that. And then the PC went wrong and I couldn't use it for ages. As soon as I did I got straight back on here with renewed vigour and a determination not to be scared off. And who intimidated me most of all? Yes, davem did.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:28 AM   #37
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Perhaps the question should be phrased, why would one not join?
Old 12-15-2005, 11:24 AM   #38
Captain Grishnahk
Wight

Captain Grishnahk has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

I joined because i'm considered weird.

1) I can do the gollum voice, thus i quote from him practacly ALL the time
2) I can't help from screaming, "GO LORD OF THE RINGS!" whenever i see a HP trailor in the theators.
3) A reason i am considered weird is because i can write fluently in The Angerthas (Runes of Daeron.) If you dont know what it is then HOW DARE YOU!?
4) I read LOTR, and when i am done i read it completly over again non-stop
5) I have written countless stories on what might have happened after the Ring... and what might have happened BEFORE the ring.
6) I have created my own world, maps, writtings, etc. and i have a novel that goes with it
7) I only talk about LOTR and occationally Narnia because Tolkien knew Lewis.

Tons more, but i dont want to bore you with my weirdness.

8) The MAIN reason i joined is to find someone as weird as me...

-Cap.

--J.R.R. Tolkien
Captain Grishnahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 03:14 PM   #39
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

I joined after a long period of looking at the 'www.barrowdowns.com' website and being rather amused by the name generator and reading the articles. After a while I noticed the 'forum' link and investigated. I decided to join to voice my meaningless opinions and hope that I got a bit of a 'kick' out of it. Now it had taken over my life.

Go Barrow Downs!
Old 12-16-2005, 11:59 AM   #40
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
White-Hand

Quote:
The MAIN reason I joined is to find someone as weird as me.
Couldn't have put it better myself, Grishnahk! Only now, after spending some time here, I find all those that are not Tolkien fans weird.