The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2007, 04:39 PM   #1
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
BD Babes

This one is for Mr and Ms HerenIstarion, Mr and Ms Hedgethistle, Mr and Ms Underhill, and, more pertinently right now, davem and Lal.

And lest I be dismissed as a sexist for appending their better halves to their surnames, well, it's but a name in reference to an un-named other.

Quote:
Daddy how was I born?

A little boy goes to his father and asks "Daddy, how was I born?"

The father answers: "Well son, I guess one day you will need to find out anyway!"

"Your Mom and I first got together on a discussion forum called the Barrow Downs. It was always night there, black as pitch, but it pulsated with a glowing green energy. And then we got a little more personal in the chat room, until Sharkey banned us.

Then I set up a date via e-mail with your Mom and we met at a cyber-cafe. (This is where I get a little technical son, hope it isn't TMI.) We snuck into a secluded room, where your mother agreed to a download from my hard drive. As soon as I was ready to upload, we discovered that neither one of us had used a firewall, and since it was too late to hit the delete button, nine months later a little Pop-Up appeared that said:

. . .

. . .

. . .

Scroll down...

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

'You got Male!'"
Offerred in memory of Maril's Hobbit Sex Ed thread.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:19 PM   #2
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Thumbs up

Je t'aime.

Last edited by Lush; 08-11-2007 at 01:18 PM. Reason: oops i can't spell
Lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:56 PM   #3
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Ah, so Lal and davem are living in anticipation of a Pop up! Now the question remains to be entered in the event log whether it will be heralded by the announcement "You've got male", or perhaps rather a brightly shining flash of light in the midst task bar will signify the arrival of a new (f)email! In either case, I wish them a smooth upgrade and easy adjustment to their new Operating System.
Hilde Bracegirdle is offline   Reply With Quote