The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quiz Room
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2005, 04:32 PM   #1
Gelmir
Haunting Spirit

Gelmir has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Gelmir
Pipe Frodo went to Mordor and brought back a....

Ok, the rules are simple. For those who have played 'my auntie went to London and brought me back a...' you'll know how to play, but for those who don't:

It involves the alphabet, you'd say, Frodo went to Mordor and brought back an...
apple.
The next person would go: Frodo went to Mordor and brought back...
An Apple and a Banana...

It would help if you bolded the objects. If we get to z we just go to a and carry on, one of the moderators could tell us to start over... If it gets too much.

Please have them Tolkein related.

I'll start:

Frodo went to Mordor and brought back...

Aeglos (Spear of Gil-galad)...

Last edited by Gelmir; 08-01-2005 at 11:50 AM. Reason: The Pigeons forced me to!
Gelmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 06:30 PM   #2
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Hmm. Not sure about this one. The point of the original game is to remember what everyone before you has said, so being able to see the preceding items on the screen would rather seem to defeat the object. But I'll let it pass for now and see how it goes down.

It should, however, be in the Quiz Room rather than Quotable Quotes, which is why I'm going to move it there.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:58 PM   #3
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
I'll Give It a Try

Belthronding (Beleg Cúthalion's bow.) ...
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 08:02 AM   #4
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up Sounds interesting...

Aeglos, Belthronding, and Cave Trolls.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:00 AM   #5
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Frodo went into Mordor and brought back...
Aeglos, Belthronding, Cavetrolls, and a Dúnadan.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:09 AM   #6
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
Can we use persons too? If so, then Frodo went to Mordor and brought me back Aeglos, Belthronding, Cavetrolls, a Dunadan and Elessar
Old 07-31-2005, 10:34 AM   #7
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, Cavetrolls, a Dunadan, Elessar, and a Fell beast
Old 07-31-2005, 10:52 AM   #8
Gelmir
Haunting Spirit

Enjoying yourselves?

Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, Cavetrolls, a Dunadan, Elessar,Fell beast and a Giant!

Hmmm.... We'll need to make this game more harder....
... Saucepan man, your good with those things... We need to make this game harder... Can everyone help?
Old 07-31-2005, 05:46 PM   #9
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelmir
We need to make this game harder... Can everyone help?
This won't make it incredibly hard, but how about after each item you mention where it appears/is mentioned in Tolkien's work?
ex: Frodo went into Mordor and brought back...the Arkenstone (mentioned in The Hobbit, chapter 15: A Thief in the Dark)
Old 07-31-2005, 07:09 PM   #10
solarisa
Animated Skeleton

solarisa has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

~frodo went to Mordor and brought back...
Aeglos, Belthronding, Cavetrolls, a Dunadan, Elessar,Fell beast a Giant, and Maedhros's cutoff hand

*but it shouldve shrivled long ago!!
Old 07-31-2005, 08:14 PM   #11
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, Cavetrolls, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros' cutoff hand, and ithildin (from FotR, book 2, chapter IV: A Journey in the Dark)
Old 08-01-2005, 06:40 AM   #12
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, Cavetrolls, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros' cutoff hand, ithildin and a Jibbet (The Two Towers, Book 4, THe Voice of Saruman)
Old 08-01-2005, 07:00 AM   #13
Gelmir
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril Don't make me use this!

Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, Cavetrolls, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros' cutoff hand, ithildin, Jibbet and King Theodin (The fellowship of the Ring, The Council of Elrond, Gandalf mensions him)...
Old 08-01-2005, 09:44 AM   #14
Kitanna
Child of the West

Shield

Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, Cavetrolls, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros' cutoff hand, ithildin, Jibbet, King Theodin, and Lobelia Sackville-Baggins(FOTR: Chapter 1- A Long Expected Party)
Old 08-01-2005, 11:05 AM   #15
Gelmir
Haunting Spirit

Pipe Green Gubbins

Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, Cavetrolls, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros' cutoff hand, ithildin, Jibbet, King Theodin, Lobelia Sackville-Baggins and a midge (lord of the ring the fellowship of the ring, a knife in the dark)
Old 08-01-2005, 11:24 AM   #16
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, Cavetrolls, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros's hand, Ithildin, a Jibbet, King Teoden, Lobelia Sackville-Baggins, a midge and Narsil ( Lord of the Rings, Fellowship of the Ring, The Council of Elrond)
Old 08-01-2005, 11:28 AM   #17
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Pipe Good Grief!

Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, Cavetrolls, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros's hand, Ithildin, a Jibbet, King Teoden, Lobelia Sackville-Baggins, a midge, Narsil and [the] One Ring (Silly Frodo... anyway. This one is hard to place, so I'm going to go with the Silmarillion; Of The Rings of Power and the Third Age)

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 08-01-2005 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Rats in the pipes
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:34 AM   #18
Kitanna
Child of the West

Shield

Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, Cavetrolls, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros's hand, Ithildin, a Jibbet, King Teoden, Lobelia Sackville-Baggins, a midge, Narsil, the One Ring (stupid Frodo, we sent you to destroy it!) and a palantir (TTT Book 3: Chapter 11~ The Palantir)
Old 08-01-2005, 11:41 AM   #19
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, a Cavetroll, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros's hand, Ithildin, jibbet, King Theoden, Lobelia, a midge, Narsil, the One Ring and Pipe-weed (Lord of the Rings, Prologue, Concerning pipe-weed.) Strange, Frodo goes to Mordor to lose a treasure, and instead he comes back with many others.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:47 AM   #20
Gelmir
Haunting Spirit

The Eye Grasshoppers on air.

Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, a Cavetroll, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros's hand, Ithildin, jibbet, King Theoden, Lobelia, a midge, Narsil, the One Ring, Pipe-weed and Quickbeam (The Two Towers IV 3 Treebeard)

Last edited by Gelmir; 08-01-2005 at 11:47 AM. Reason: They made me do it!
Old 08-01-2005, 11:58 AM   #21
solarisa
Animated Skeleton

solarisa has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Frodo went to Mordor: ... and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, Cavetrolls, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros' cutoff hand, ithildin, a Jibbet, and some toothpicks (i love being random)
Old 08-01-2005, 12:01 PM   #22
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, a Cavetroll, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros's hand, Ithildin, jibbet, King Theoden, Lobelia, a midge, Narsil, the One Ring, Pipe-weed, Quickbeam and Radagast (The Hobbit: Queer lodgings)
Old 08-01-2005, 12:41 PM   #23
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, a Cavetroll, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros's hand, Ithildin, jibbet, King Theoden, Lobelia, a midge, Narsil, the One Ring, Pipe-weed, Quickbeam, Radagast and the Silmarilli ( The Silmarillion)
Old 08-01-2005, 12:55 PM   #24
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, a Cavetroll, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros's hand, Ithildin, jibbet, King Theoden, Lobelia, a midge, Narsil, the One Ring, Pipe-weed, Quickbeam, Radagast, the Silmarilli and Turin (Of Turin Turambar, The Silmarillion)
Old 08-01-2005, 08:43 PM   #25
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, a Cavetroll, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros's hand, Ithildin, jibbet, King Theoden, Lobelia, a midge, Narsil, the One Ring, Pipe-weed, Quickbeam, Radagast, the Silmarilli, Turin, and the Ulumúri (first mentioned in the Valaquenta)
Old 08-02-2005, 01:48 PM   #26
Gelmir
Haunting Spirit

Question Oh, oh my go, my go!

Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, a Cavetroll, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros's hand, Ithildin, jibbet, King Theoden, Lobelia, a midge, Narsil, the One Ring, Pipe-weed, Quickbeam, Radagast, the Silmarilli, Turin, Ulumúri and Vairë(the history of middle earth)
Old 08-02-2005, 06:16 PM   #27
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, a Cavetroll, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros's hand, Ithildin, jibbet, King Theoden, Lobelia, a midge, Narsil, the One Ring, Pipe-weed, Quickbeam, Radagast, the Silmarilli, Turin, Ulumúri, Vairë, and a White Tree. (first mentioned in the Akallabêth)
Old 08-04-2005, 08:37 AM   #28
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, a Cavetroll, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros's hand, Ithildin, jibbet, King Theoden, Lobelia, a midge, Narsil, the One Ring, Pipe-weed, Quickbeam, Radagast, the Silmarilli, Turin, Ulumúri, Vairë, a White Tree, and the Yellowskin.

Nothing Tolkien related for 'X' in either The Complete guide to Middle-Earth or JRR Tolkien: Architect of Middle-earth.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:49 PM   #29
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, a Cavetroll, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros's hand, Ithildin, jibbet, King Theoden, Lobelia, a midge, Narsil, the One Ring, Pipe-weed, Quickbeam, Radagast, the Silmarilli, Turin, Ulumúri, Vairë, a White Tree, the Yellowskin, and a chunk of Zirakzigil (FotR, Book II, Chapter III: The Ring Goes South)
Old 08-04-2005, 03:10 PM   #30
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up Back to A

Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, a Cavetroll, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros's hand, Ithildin, jibbet, King Theoden, Lobelia, a midge, Narsil, the One Ring, Pipe-weed, Quickbeam, Radagast, the Silmarilli, Turin, Ulumúri, Vairë, a White Tree, the Yellowskin, a chunk of Zirakzigil and the Arkenstone (The Hobbit Chapter 12, Inside Information)

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 08-04-2005 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Rats in the pipes
Old 08-04-2005, 04:49 PM   #31
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, a Cavetroll, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros's hand, Ithildin, jibbet, King Theoden, Lobelia, a midge, Narsil, the One Ring, Pipe-weed, Quickbeam, Radagast, the Silmarilli, Turin, Ulumúri, Vairë, a White Tree, the Yellowskin, a chunk of Zirakzigil and the Arkenstone and a Black Rider
Old 08-04-2005, 08:48 PM   #32
Kitanna
Child of the West

Shield

Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, a Cavetroll, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros's hand, Ithildin, jibbet, King Theoden, Lobelia, a midge, Narsil, the One Ring, Pipe-weed, Quickbeam, Radagast, the Silmarilli, Turin, Ulumúri, Vairë, a White Tree, the Yellowskin, a chunk of Zirakzigil and the Arkenstone, Black Rider, and Celeborn (Fellowship of the Ring, Book 2, Chapter 6)
Old 08-06-2005, 09:14 PM   #33
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, a Cavetroll, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros's hand, Ithildin, jibbet, King Theoden, Lobelia, a midge, Narsil, the One Ring, Pipe-weed, Quickbeam, Radagast, the Silmarilli, Turin, Ulumúri, Vairë, a White Tree, the Yellowskin, a chunk of Zirakzigil and the Arkenstone, Black Rider, Celeborn, and a dragon (The Silmarillion, Of the Fifth Battle)
Old 08-07-2005, 02:02 AM   #34
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Pipe Good Grief!

Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, a Cavetroll, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros's hand, Ithildin, jibbet, King Theoden, Lobelia, a midge, Narsil, the One Ring, Pipe-weed, Quickbeam, Radagast, the Silmarilli, Turin, Ulumúri, Vairë, a White Tree, the Yellowskin, a chunk of Zirakzigil, the Arkenstone, Black Rider, Celeborn, a dragon and (Aiunulindule)

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 08-07-2005 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Rats in the pipes
Old 08-16-2005, 09:21 AM   #35
NightKnight
Lost among the Stars

NightKnight has just left Hobbiton.
Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, a Cavetroll, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros's hand, Ithildin, jibbet, King Theoden, Lobelia, a midge, Narsil, the One Ring, Pipe-weed, Quickbeam, Radagast, the Silmarilli, Turin, Ulumúri, Vairë, a White Tree, the Yellowskin, a chunk of Zirakzigil, the Arkenstone, Black Rider, Celeborn, a dragon, Eä and Fëanor (Silmarillion, Chapter 5).

I don't know what the chapter's called, since I only have it in Swedish.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:56 AM   #36
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

White-Hand Saruman says "Hi!"

Quote:
I don't know what the chapter's called, since I only have it in Swedish.
Of Eldamar and the Princes of the Eldalié

Anyway;

Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, a Cavetroll, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros's hand, Ithildin, jibbet, King Theoden, Lobelia, a midge, Narsil, the One Ring, Pipe-weed, Quickbeam, Radagast, the Silmarilli, Turin, Ulumúri, Vairë, a White Tree, the Yellowskin, a chunk of Zirakzigil, the Arkenstone, Black Rider, Celeborn, a dragon, Eä, Fëanor and Galadriel [The Silmarillion, Chapter 6, Of Féanor]
Old 08-16-2005, 11:20 AM   #37
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, a Cavetroll, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros's hand, Ithildin, jibbet, King Theoden, Lobelia, a midge, Narsil, the One Ring, Pipe-weed, Quickbeam, Radagast, the Silmarilli, Turin, Ulumuri, Vaire, a White Tree, the Yellowskin, a chunk of Zirakzigil, the Arkenstone, Black Rider, Celeborn, a dragon, Ea, Feanor, Galadriel, and hurin (UT)

um how do you do that dot thing over vowels?...accents thats the wqord im looking for
Old 08-16-2005, 12:32 PM   #38
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Quote:
um how do you do that dot thing over vowels?...accents thats the wqord im looking for
I usualy use the Insurt symbol option on Michrosoft Word.
Like so;

â ä ê ë ï î ô ö û ü

Although áccénts cán bé mádé by présíng thé "Alt Gr" button in the same way you'd use Shift to capitaliase.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:10 PM   #39
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, a Cavetroll, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros's hand, Ithildin, jibbet, King Theoden, Lobelia, a midge, Narsil, the One Ring, Pipe-weed, Quickbeam, Radagast, the Silmarilli, Turin, Ulumuri, Vaire, a White Tree, the Yellowskin, a chunk of Zirakzigil, the Arkenstone, Black Rider, Celeborn, a dragon, Ea, Feanor, Galadriel, Húrin, and Ingwë (The Silmarillion, Chapter 3, Of the Coming of the Elves and the Captivity of Melkor)
Old 04-22-2006, 01:45 AM   #40
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
Frodo went to Mordor and brought back Aeglos, Belthronding, a Cavetroll, a Dunadan, Elessar, a Fell beast, a Giant, Maedhros's hand, Ithildin, jibbet, King Theoden, Lobelia, a midge, Narsil, the One Ring, Pipe-weed, Quickbeam, Radagast, the Silmarilli, Turin, Ulumuri, Vaire, a White Tree, the Yellowskin, a chunk of Zirakzigil, the Arkenstone, Black Rider, Celeborn, a dragon, Ea, Feanor, Galadriel, Húrin, Ingwë and...
Jolly Cotton (The second of Tolman Cotton's four sons)
The Sixth Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote