The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quiz Room
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2010, 06:25 AM   #1
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Same Letter Sentences!

I've thought this would be a fun idea for a thread. You have to come up with a sentencethat's composed of words that start with one letter (which is given). There have to be at least 5 such words. The person who does it has to name the letter that he wants the next person to use.
"small words" like a, an, the, in, on, with, be, to, etc are allowed, but you cannot count them as part of the 5 (or more).
The content doesn't have to make any sense at all, but try to keep the grammar (that's what "small words" are for). The sentences can be as far-fetched as you want, as long as it is a relatively proper sentence.
It has to be Tolkien/Barrow-Downs related (you can do it about a Downer), any connection that you want.

Here's an example:
"Seven stinky Smeagols suddenly sat on a smelly slippery swamp" - that would be counted as 8 words.

Titles/names that are a combination of 2 or more words could be used, just use a -dash- to indicate that these words go as one. The first letter of the first word is the one that you go by. Example: "Great Gandalf the Green gurgled on the Golden-Hall"

Whoever wants to go, try the letter F.
Have fun guys!

Last edited by Galadriel55; 12-12-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #2
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Are you kidding me?!?!

Is this thread that boring or is the Quiz forum that dead?!?!?!?! I thought that this is a pretty fun thread, and that people will enjoy comming up with weird and hilarious sentences. It its the letter f that you don't like, I'll make it easier for the first person to attempt this - you can start with any letter! (but that works only for the 1st person).
Old 12-20-2010, 11:53 AM   #3
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

NOW REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If no one posts in the next couple of weeks, I'm taking it as a personal insult!
Come on, someone give me a New Year present and post on this thread!
Old 12-20-2010, 01:04 PM   #4
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Please, G55, calm down and have a little patience! Of course I understand it's quite frustrating when you start a hopeful new thread and nobody responds, but there's such a lot of things going on in the Quiz and Mirth sections, and most of us don't have the leisure to check and post on all active or even recent threads regularly; besides, I suppose many of us will be busy buying last minute Christmas presents and such things.
I think your idea here has potential, and I'm sure it will get going once all the Christmas stress is over. I'm not that inspired at the moment, but I'll try to think of a 'New Year present' for you. Now have a nice cuppa tea, relax and give us all some time, please!
Old 12-20-2010, 01:36 PM   #5
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Mänwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Mänwe
White Tree Let me try to apease her :p

Ferumbras's family fought ferociously for freedom and Farthing.

Letter: T
- (Letter #124 To Sir Stanley Unwin)
Mänwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:52 PM   #6
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Thag you very buch!!!!!

Tough Troll took Tom and tore Tom to tatters
Next letter: N

PS: I was joking about the "personal insult", Pitch! You took me too seriously!

Last edited by Galadriel55; 12-21-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #7
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Mänwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Mänwe
White Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Thag you very buch!!!!!
I hope you aren't coming down with a cold!

~~

The Noegyth-Niben settled Nulukhizidûn not Nulukkizdîn near the Narog.

Next letter: L
- (Letter #124 To Sir Stanley Unwin)
Mänwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:27 PM   #8
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Lindir and Lugdush lamented long for lockholes' loss of Lobelia
*what a loss (sarcastically)*
Next letter: R

I do indeed have a bit of a cold, but its not that bad!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:45 PM   #9
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Anyone????? I was expecting a bit more enthusiasm...
Old 01-19-2011, 06:25 AM   #10
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Question ?????????????????????????????????????

?????????????????????????????????????
Anyone?
Old 01-19-2011, 09:00 AM   #11
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Radagast and Rog recorded some raunchy Rock'n'roll on Radagast's ranch at Rhosgobel.

Back to L.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #12
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Lazy little Legolas lost his laces in Lasgalen.

Why don't we try a vowel now - how about E!
Old 01-19-2011, 04:53 PM   #13
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Your wish is my command:

Eeriness ensued when Ecthelion and Esgalmoth elected Elemmakil to be electrocuted.

Next: D
Old 01-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #14
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Isn't this fun? :D

Drogo declared, "Don't do the Duckling Dance with Denethor!"

Next: M
Old 01-20-2011, 08:40 AM   #15
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Meanwhile on Mount Mindolluin, Merry moped under a mallorn all Midsummer morning.

Next: G
Old 01-21-2011, 04:12 PM   #16
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Great gargoyles! Grima gloated while gambling with goblins!

Next letter: P
Old 05-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #17
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

*This is my friend posting from my account, seeing as he's too lazy to make his own*

Poor, pathetic Pippin paid pennies at the Prancing Pony

Next letter:Z
Old 05-28-2011, 05:48 PM   #18
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
*This is my friend posting from my account, seeing as he's too lazy to make his own*
The irresponsible sluggard! Pester him until he's registered!

Zamîn zapped Zimraphel off (ze zummit of) Zirakzigil.
Next: Q
Old 05-28-2011, 06:59 PM   #19
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
The irresponsible sluggard! Pester him until he's registered!
I did, but then he couldn't decide on a nickname, and then he was afraid to put his email in (bah - he probably just forgot it!), and just took so long that I told him that it would be easier to use my account, especially since he's likely to disappear after one post.

Quote:
ze zummit
Is Coldan's lisp all over the fora now?

Quendi questioned the quality of quadrilaterals in Quenya until quelqu'un (ie somebody) quenched the quarrels.

Next letter: C

Last edited by Galadriel55; 05-28-2011 at 07:18 PM. Reason: made the sentence more understandable
Old 05-28-2011, 09:15 PM   #20
Anonymous
Newly Deceased

Anonymous has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

I wish to uphold the fact that I am NOT an irresponsble sluggard, although I am quite lazy. Seems to me I'll be disappearing after thIs here post. Anyways…

A cackling Camellia-Sackville-Baggins crooned to Celeborn, crying crazily.

Next letter: X
If that's Impossible, Y will do.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:17 AM   #21
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Yawning young Yrch yearned for yesteryear's Yule under yews.

Next: S

Quote:
and then he was afraid to put his email in
Doesn't have to, you know, and I wouldn't in his place (or yours). There's worse afoot in the wilds of the web than just spambots, and the Rangers are spread too thin. (Of course we all prefer to think of the Downs as The Shire, snug and safe, but you never know.)

Quote:
Is Coldan's lisp all over the fora now?
Yes, but it's copyrighted. I get away with it, you don't (or my Estate will sue you).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I wish to uphold the fact that I am NOT an irresponsble sluggard
Apologies then (but hey, it worked!). Let's see if we can't entice you to stay a little longer, though.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:33 AM   #22
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I wish to uphold the fact that I am NOT an irresponsble sluggard,
Good luck with that, D.... Anonymous.

Quote:
Doesn't have to, you know, and I wouldn't in his place (or yours). There's worse afoot in the wilds of the web than just spambots, and the Rangers are spread too thin. (Of course we all prefer to think of the Downs as The Shire, snug and safe, but you never know.)
I thought you needed it to activate your account. Before I could use mine I had to open my email and click some link, and then enter a code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Let's see if we can't entice you to stay a little longer, though.
Bind him with chains! *laughs evilly* You don't have a choice, Anonymous, you're going to stay here!

Skulking Sam was soaked in Sirannon when skylarking with suspicious subjects, some of them being Smeagol and Saeros.

Next: M

Last edited by Galadriel55; 05-29-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:48 PM   #23
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Maedhros and Maglor merrily munched mumak-steaks among the maundering Mewlips.

Next: C

Quote:
I thought you needed it to activate your account. Before I could use mine I had to open my email and click some link, and then enter a code.
Ah, that! Yes, that's right; I thought you meant putting it into his profile. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by Pitchwife; 05-29-2011 at 01:49 PM. Reason: typo corrected
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 02:46 PM   #24
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Mumak steaks? That's interesting.

Celeborn carefully chose to cease Celebrimbor's (over)creativity, 'cause he was causing the corsairs to convey chaos to Cormallen.

Or, rather,

Coldan created confusion upon his coming to Comrare.

Next: P (again)

Last edited by Galadriel55; 05-29-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:27 PM   #25
LadyBrooke
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The modern day version of Edoras: horses, wind, rolling plains =)
LadyBrooke is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to LadyBrooke
Paladin purloined perfect peaches by purchasing a palantir to peep with.

Next letter: T
Old 07-09-2011, 07:43 AM   #26
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Treebead tarried with two tall trees, talking to them about Tar Telperien.

Next: A
Old 08-26-2011, 12:08 AM   #27
Liangsho

I am not irresponsble lazy, although I am lazy. In my opinion, I will disappear after this here. Anyway ... a chuckle Camellia Sackville - Baggins crooned Celeborn, frantically crying...
  Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 08-26-2011, 09:54 AM   #28
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Aegnor ate all the apple-pies at Amrod and Amras's anniversary.

Next: I
Old 08-26-2011, 10:18 AM   #29
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Ioreth irritated the infamous Isildur in Ithilien by incriminating his impatience.

Next: G
Old 08-28-2011, 08:26 PM   #30
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
"Good Gracious!" growled Gandalf, "Gollum has gulped all my gum!"

Next: B
Old 09-25-2011, 11:03 AM   #31
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Beleg built the biggest basement in Beleriand, but Bungo beat him with Bag-end.

Next: H
Old 10-16-2011, 06:03 PM   #32
hubesiagosa67

Honest Hillary hit his head on the heater.

NEXT "L"
Old 10-23-2011, 07:53 AM   #33
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Thank you for showing an interest, hubesiagosa67. May I just add a small note about your sentence - since this forum is all about Tolkien, all the quizzes have to be Tolkien-related. So the sentences have to be about Middle-Earth.

Though for now I'll assume that it was about JRRT's brother Hilary.

Living with ludicrously low loftiness, Landroval lifted lords and ladies to the Lonely-Mountain.

Next: S
Old 07-06-2015, 10:55 AM   #34
Pervinca Took
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pervinca Took is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sly Sandyman survived, so Saruman seldom slew? ... scarcely ... sadistic, slaughtering slanderer!

Next: H
Old 07-30-2015, 02:41 PM   #35
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

"Hi-ho!" said Húor to Húrin, "let's hunt some hurrying hares with Huan the hound!"

Next: P
Old 07-30-2015, 03:42 PM   #36
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Hi-ho indeed!

Great to see you back here!

"Pathetic!" piped Pippin, peeking at the progress of the Palantir-show.

Next: O
Old 08-01-2015, 12:28 PM   #37
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Yeah thanks, slowly getting back into old habits.... Speaking of which, when was the last Hurt and Heal?

Olórin and Oromë often observed obscure ongoings from Oiolossë.

Next, um, lemme see: F! Bonus points for not using any Noldorin princes.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:41 PM   #38
Pervinca Took
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pervinca Took is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
In that case ...

Frerin fought fearsome flatulence; Fror fumigated, but Floi fainted and fell ... finis.

Next: T
Old 08-10-2015, 04:29 PM   #39
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Thranduil, thoroughly ticked off, tolerated no thieving from the tiny trespasser.

Next: R
Old 08-12-2015, 01:55 PM   #40
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
May I join the game?

Strange that I discover this thread only now!

"Roundish Rosie rather relishes roasted rabbit, Rivendell recipe.

Next: N