The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-09-2010, 05:28 PM   #441
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
I think the two remaining wolves may more likely be in the group of people who voted earlier, rather then those closer to the end. Because considering they had already lost 1 wolf if a few saw that Glirdan was in a lot of danger I would think that they would try to protect him more if they had a chance. So those who voted closer to the end of the Day and didn't vote for him when it was clear he was in danger, look a bit better to me.
So are you suggesting that people choose their time-zones on the basis of a ww-game situations?

Anyway. I see your point and agree with it that those who left Glirdy to die at the late moments look better - unless another wolf was at the fray as well. But be that as it may, I'm a bit curious as to why you press this point as much as you do...
Quote:
So the last vote for Glirdan was by me, about halfway through the votes. At that point he was tied for 2 with a fair number of people. The point where he seemed to be in the most danger would be about around his own vote for Lottie, since by then alot of the 2 people were bumped up to 3 and he was still at 2.
Quote:
So basically I think the wolves would more likely be in the earlier voters, since at that point it is pretty unclear who's gonna go (since a ton of people were all tied for 1 and then 2 votes) and so they may not have thought Glirdan would be in danger, and therefore used their votes on other packmates perhaps instead.
I mean where did you see the supporting votes to go Glirdy's way to come from, at any part of the Day? I'd say an early vote to Glirdy - and then crossing fingers - would be all his mates could do.

Do correct me if I have lost the host of confidence-pledges to him... but I think it was quite obvious he was a main candidate all Day long; not so much as someone everyone suspected but as one none wished to put into their fave-four. Not the only one though (as could be seen from the votes). So the wolves would need to try something or just offer him as a sacrifical lamb there - but having lost one already with Nienna I'd doubt the latter. So I would think it believable at least one wolf would have tried to save him with an early vote. Be it you wilwa or Lottie, hard to say. Or maybe it was you both? That would explain your to and fro with Lottie and concentrating on any early voters rather than on Glirdan-voters... (okay, I can understand why you wouldn't wish to concentrate on the Glirdy-voters only even if you were innocent...)
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:33 PM   #442
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Eonwe, I posted my thoughts on everyone towards the end of yesterDay. Just got home, so haven't posted a revised list toDay.
Ah. I'm sorry, I totally forgot. I've actually been meaning to ask about that. What does this bit mean?
Quote:
Would vote for
Nerwen/Zil
Rune/Brin
Wilwa/Eonwe
Form/Pitch
Fea/Nog
Loslote/Glirdan

Would not vote for
Old 02-09-2010, 05:55 PM   #443
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ok, well since nothing seems to be happening on this thread, I'll post mine now:

++Izzy
++Form
++Fea
Old 02-09-2010, 06:02 PM   #444
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:

Wilwa, I was for the opposite actually. I stated that I wanted to see Loslote or Glirdan go over Brin. I think there was another candidate that was in danger of being lynched when I made the statement, but can't recall who - I think it was Eonwe. My last two votes were made with an extra thought. I was trying to boost other people whom were in danger up, so it wouldn't turn into a massive tie. That it would at the worst, end up in a two/three way tie with Glirdan being one of them.
Yep, that's pretty much what I meant when I mentioned you in my last post, that your votes look pretty good because you did not try to protect him. Though I see what you mean that you didn't necessarily vote for people who had a lot, but either way you didn't vote to protect him, which I think looks good for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
So are you suggesting that people choose their time-zones on the basis of a ww-game situations?
Honestly I hadn't even thought about that. I suppose that could affect my hypothesis then, couldn't it, haha...

Quote:
Anyway. I see your point and agree with it that those who left Glirdy to die at the late moments look better - unless another wolf was at the fray as well. But be that as it may, I'm a bit curious as to why you press this point as much as you do...
I mean where did you see the supporting votes to go Glirdy's way to come from, at any part of the Day? I'd say an early vote to Glirdy - and then crossing fingers - would be all his mates could do.

Do correct me if I have lost the host of confidence-pledges to him... but I think it was quite obvious he was a main candidate all Day long; not so much as someone everyone suspected but as one none wished to put into their fave-four. Not the only one though (as could be seen from the votes). So the wolves would need to try something or just offer him as a sacrifical lamb there - but having lost one already with Nienna I'd doubt the latter. So I would think it believable at least one wolf would have tried to save him with an early vote. Be it you wilwa or Lottie, hard to say. Or maybe it was you both? That would explain your to and fro with Lottie and concentrating on any early voters rather than on Glirdan-voters... (okay, I can understand why you wouldn't wish to concentrate on the Glirdy-voters only even if you were innocent...)
About the first 2 paragraphs: I just think that considering they had just lost a wolf, that closer to the end of the Day (when it was far more clear then it had been earlier in the Day that he was in danger) if they had an oppurtunity to try and save them, then they would. I just find it odd that only 1 (if Lottie is guilty) or no wolves voted him yesterDay. It's like they didn't care if they lost another mate.

And of course I don't want to focus on Lottie's vote, it'd be slightly hypocritical of me to say "Lottie must be guilty because she voted for Glirdan"...that sheds quite a bit of spotlight on myself. I think anyone in my position would try and avoid that.

Anyway, I know that both wolves did not try and protect Glirdan yesterDay, possibly only 1 did (making Lottie guilty) or neither did (which is so strange, like I said, it's like they didn't care about losing another mate so soon). Which is why I think they must have both voted earlier in the Day when they may not have thought Glirdan was in as much danger.

Anyway, back to studying concentration gradients, polarized neurons and membrane potentials...be back in maybe another hour or so.

x'ed with Eonwe
Old 02-09-2010, 06:10 PM   #445
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I thought I would take a look at Lottie a little closer myself.

Discussing Form and his premature posting during the Night:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Either innocent!Formy posted by mistake (and I'd like to see his explaination for that before I consider him innocent) and wolf!RandomPoster saw this as an opportunity to...actually, that kind of falls apart. What would a wolf gain from posing early? Formy is starting to look like the only possible wolf in the bunch, just because he has a potential reason why he might post during the Night - to act like a clueless ordo, as I have said earlier.
Obviously we now know there was a wolf among the early posters, and it wasn't Form (that we know of).
In the same post she says:

Quote:
I don't think more than one wolf would have posted among such a small group. It was, technically, still Night, so they would have been able to pm and plot mischief...and they wouldn't have lumped so many figurative eggs in one basket.
So by that logic, Form must be innocent, right?

This next was in response to my comment that a deliberate plot by a Formwolf to look innocent by posting early was unlikely.

Quote:
Why would Formy not have come up with such a complicated plot? And why is it complicated? Look utterly clueless by forgetting the Night = no Night business = no wolf. Very simple. Very clever. Might have worked.
Then Izzy brought up the idea that some previous games had begun with a Day phase. Lottie took off with it and read into Izzy's post more than I did.

Quote:
Really? That might change things. If Formy was used to starting with Day phases... Hey, Formy, which way do you normally start?
'Which way do you usually start?' My answer would be coffee!

Now, this from Glirwolf, an analysis of Nienna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
Comments
Raised some valid points in most of her posts. She also talked agreed with Nog a lot as well which makes me more inclined to believe that he is innocent.
Much has been said already of Glirdan's apparent buttering up Nog, but Lottie was quick to latch onto the idea that Nienna's trust in Nog counted for something, which, since Nienna wasn't the Seer, doesn't mean a great deal.

Quote:
Nice to know I'm not just silly and someone else noticed it, too...she does talk about/to him a lot, doesn't she? You'd almost think she was a seer and dreamed him...maybe that's why the wolves killed her, thinking she *was* the seer. Huh.
I found that very far-fetched, and an odd remark.

In response to Izzy saying she and Glirdan sounded very much alike, she said this:

Quote:
I don't know why we sound identical. I have noticed that we've cross-posted pretty often, and I'll look over his posts and think "dang, he said it first," or "hey, he thought so too, I'm not silly" and I've said so. I have not been trying to agree with him, and since we've cross posted, I doubt if he's been trying to agree with me.
Conclusions? Lottie doesn't look particularly good. Add in the flip-flops on Form, and the vote connexions between her and Glirdan, and it looks no better for her.

x/d with Eönwë and Wilwa
Old 02-09-2010, 06:45 PM   #446
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Okay. After Form's explanation toDay I think we can treat him and Zil as semi-known innocents, unless some really spectacular revelation occurs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Conclusions? Lottie doesn't look particularly good. Add in the flip-flops on Form, and the vote connexions between her and Glirdan, and it looks no better for her.
Or, by extension, Nogrod (doesn't look too good to me in his own right, either).

I actually thought Lottie's Nienna-the-pseudo-Seer was a reasonable sort of theory at the time... but after the curious logical gymnastics that she used in her analysis of Glirdan, in which Form came out "pretty bad" for some reason, yet Nogrod remained pure as the driven snow... well.

Of course, if they are indeed packmates, Nogrod's now busy throwing Lottie under the bus, but what does that prove?
Old 02-09-2010, 06:56 PM   #447
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Good points Inzil! I think we have a lynch candidate... along with wilwa I must say.

As I said just above - and which wilwa actually confirmed - it would have been very odd indeed if the wolves didn't try anything to save Glirdy yesterDay. I mean they could have counted on sympathy votes on D1 looking at Glirdy's terrible comeback a game before but on D2 they probably couldn't have counted on that anymore. And they were one down already.

So Lottie voted for him yesterDay out of the blue she hasn't yet explained why, and wilwa voted him on both Days (as said, she might have done that because of their rl friendship but if they were wolves together they would not have missed a chance to use that as an excuse).

I had actually forgotten that buttering up Lottie made on D1 as well. Looking at it now looks almost as bad as Glirdy's. (Is it just that middle-aged men don't feel so bad about younger women playing nice towards them than when young men do it? ) It might make sense though. With certain compilation of wolves I could see them talking together by Night: "let's be nice to the veterans, Nog, Fea, Nerwen & Brinn especially, so that they leave us in peace". Anyway it looks clear to me she has been very much trusting to Fea as well - and I haven't heard too many suspicions on Nerwen or Brinn either. So maybe there is some truth in there?

But if one looks at the buttering up, I think wilwa will still win the contest - if not on individual "I trust you soo much" -comments, but by the ever positive "I love you" and wrapping her suspicions in the "I want to trust her though" -remarks. If something is uncontroversial then that is. Looking at the votes she has gained she has succeeded in that quite well.

Remember the wolves need to make you feel good! The other innocents need to try everything - and that might mean also suspecting just you among others to see what comes.

So I'd say both Lottie & wilwa would be good candidates to lynch toDay.

On another scenario, I will not be voting for confidence toDay on Brinn as her nice remark on Izzy & Inzil saving her has been totally ignored by everyone. That would be exactly what a wolf-Brinn would / could have done! And that is not making a stance on Inzil or Izzy. She might have done that if one of the two was her mate or she could have done that if they were two innocents who just luckily saved her.

But whatever her role, she has totally managed to skim off any suspicions from her with that one post - at least I haven't seen anyone doubt her declaration at the start of the Day.

Okay. A short break and then voting...

EDIT: x'd with Nerwen
Old 02-09-2010, 06:57 PM   #448
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
I'm stealing a lonely 5 minutes away from "Human Formation"--tonight will be another "well, this would have worked better with the 10:00 deadline"--and I'll do the same--hopefully!--before the deadline.

Has anyone given thought to whom we should pick as Simon? Fea is ineligible, obviously.

Not, mind you, that I think we need to rig it, as we have a few "Semi-Known Innocents" who will likely accrue votes at a higher rate... but it occurred to me as something to consider, and I have to be back being formed into a Human much too soon to reflect whether or not it's a sane idea to ponder.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:59 PM   #449
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh--and I do not right now think that I will be voting Wilwa, Lottie, or Steve.

Just so you know where my general "eermy" feelings lie.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:59 PM   #450
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The moddess posts just for the heck of it

It's too quiet.

Whose Day is it for the song and dance routine?

EDIT: x'd with a Noggin and two Forms.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:07 PM   #451
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Of course, if they are indeed packmates, Nogrod's now busy throwing Lottie under the bus, but what does that prove?
That I would be a megalomaniac fool wishing to try to survive alone against the whole village with the seer still alive...

You can think whatever you think of me, but that's just absurd.

I suggest you start thinking in some more logical ways, really... I can't stay up all Night correcting stuff like that.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:27 PM   #452
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
That I would be a megalomaniac fool wishing to try to survive alone against the whole village with the seer still alive...

You can think whatever you think of me, but that's just absurd.
Nonsense, my friend, you need to have more faith in yourself.

Seriously– let's just suppose I'm right about you for a moment– in this situation, what else could you do?
Old 02-09-2010, 07:39 PM   #453
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
On another scenario, I will not be voting for confidence toDay on Brinn as her nice remark on Izzy & Inzil saving her has been totally ignored by everyone. That would be exactly what a wolf-Brinn would / could have done! And that is not making a stance on Inzil or Izzy. She might have done that if one of the two was her mate or she could have done that if they were two innocents who just luckily saved her.
Hey, it's not my fault no one pays attention to my posts. Apparently, I'm easy to ignore...

I would like to see Inziladun as our Simon because I believe he is the one I can trust most; I'm feeling pretty confident in his innocence.

Time for another vote:

++Formendacil

I thought he looked innocent before the whole revenge kill thing and toDay I think he is being truthful in his posts. He seems pretty trustworthy right now.

One more vote left, which I'll be making soon since my favourite show ever is on during the last hour of the Day.

So here's who we have left:

Inziladun
Fea
Formy
Izzy
Lottie
Nerwen
Nogrod
Rune
Eonwe
Wilwa

Two of these players are wolves. As of now, I'm feeling quite sure that Inzil, Izzy, and Formy are innocent. Which leaves the rest. I don't have much time to think, but I'll do my best.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:41 PM   #454
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Votes so far...

Brinn-
Dun- 2
Fea- 1
Form- 2
Izzy- 2
Lottie-
Nerwen-
Nog-
Rune-
Steve-
Wilwa-
Old 02-09-2010, 07:47 PM   #455
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Votes so far...

Brinn-
Dun- 2
Fea- 1
Form- 2
Izzy- 2
Lottie-
Nerwen-
Nog-
Rune-
Steve-
Wilwa-
Love you for this, by the way.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:53 PM   #456
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
So... I have a theory.

As to why nobody died last night.

Cursed villager.

I think we might have another bad guy.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:58 PM   #457
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

A list in the order that I trust people:

Inzil
Fea
Form
Nerwen
Rune
Nog
Brinn
Lottie
Izzy
Eonwe

So I'll just vote now then, cause I don't really see these changing:

++Inzil - I see him as being a known innocent, considering what Form said about Nienna's hunt choices, and since I trust Form

++Fea - still trust her completely.

++Form - because of the Lover thing and even from before that I did as well

++Nerwen - someone who kind of went under my radar for a bit, but now I'd like to keep her around

I'll still be around randomly for the next hour or so between study times.

x'ed with Fea...interesting, would make sense, seems like something Sally would do...
Old 02-09-2010, 08:00 PM   #458
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

++Inziladun Very probably innocent, so why not make him Simon?

++Brinn Because she hasn't got any votes yet, and I'd prefer not to see her lynched.

My other two votes I'll hold for the moment until it's clearer how the voting is going.

Failing a sudden gifted reveal or something, I don't think I'll be voting for Lottie, Nog or Wilwa. The odds that no member of that trio is a wolf don't look good to me.

EDIT:X'd since Sally.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:01 PM   #459
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

So then...

I'd suggest the lynch would go to Lottie or wilwa. They both voted Glirdan against any better judgement of an innocent - and they are smart people.

If not, then I'd think we should try Eönwë (his opportunism with first suddenly suspecting me after people had made some suspicious comments on me and I had not been around the whole Day - and then drawing it back immediately when I happened to come online - looks very suspicious indeed!)

Or Brinn the master-wolf whom no one suspects as she's so sneaky. If she is a wolf her post toDay was a masterpiece, but not the first she has made. It looks quite calculated - or then I'm just reading too much into her.

That will leave me with

Dun
Fea
Form
Izzy
Nerwen
Rune

I can vote Inzil for the double security (both Brinn and Form can't be lying while one of them can - unless there's a mysterious fifth wolf or one who plays to their hands)

++ Inzil

And I'm ready to see him as the Simon as he seems to be level-headed.

Of others, I still think Form would not have knowingly posted to the thread during the Night while discussing with other wolves. That is enough for me, at least now (who knows what kind of roles we have but it's vain to speculate on that kind of things now with no further knowledge).

++ Formendacil

And I have nothing agianst him being the Simon either.

If Brinn is a wolf then Izzy might be as well, but she has been reasonable and sharp enough toDay that I think she earns the place to live toMorrow.

++ Isabellkya

But where to put the last one?

I just plain feel awkward with this Fea-bandwagon of two Days now and leave choosing her to you others. Looking at her posts I have no reason to think her more innocent than anyone else.

Rune has been controversial to a point and said he'd have trouble with the internet connection toDay... but what Eönwë noted about the votes crossing Glirdan, wilwa and Rune I'm tempted not to vote him.

Nerwen has been mostly reasonable like she tends to be. But the fact that none supects her more tells me she is playing too carefully in a popularity based game, so I'm a bit torn about her...

Talking of which...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Seriously– let's just suppose I'm right about you for a moment– in this situation, what else could you do?
Let me see.

Supposing I'd be a wolf (and supposing then also that Lottie would be my mate).

I'd probably have posted when I got online around 10PM (my time), said I was in a hurry, noted some "suspicious things"... then making a few nice words of you, Fea, Brinn, Izzy, Inzil etc... (to gain enough good will even if you disagreed with my negligence of talking about Lottie)... Then I'd have said it's just too late and I need to go - voting for confidence to those whom I thought were the leaders of the popular opinion. And I would be sleeping already.

Or I could have made a fervent defence of Lottie just for the sport of it. That would have been a nice challenge indeed and something worthy of trying. Had I succeeded, that would have been a heroic tale to remember. Thinking of it now, I could actually have tried that.

I've played alone as a wolf against a whole village once and that was enough for me - and there was no seer left there. I managed a few Days but it was hopeless and doomed.

And anyway: haven't I been controversial enough for the seer to check me? Would I do that as a wolf? That would be a death sentence.

Just out of curiosity: were you a wolf Nerwen, how would you have played differently?

EDIT: x'd with more than I thought... & put the second last sentence to be the second last sentence as I had forgotten it into the middle...

Last edited by Nogrod; 02-09-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:02 PM   #460
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
So... I have a theory.

Cursed villager.

Ooh, that is something to consider. I hope it's not so, but it could very well be a possibility.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:07 PM   #461
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
So... I have a theory.

Cursed villager.

I was just thinking that myself... so we can't necessarily go on people's track records of seeming innocent. I mean, at least as far as who is "safe" to vote for. ToDay, though, I think it's more important to make sure one of the actually suspicious people does get lynched.

EDIT:X'd since my last post.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:08 PM   #462
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
So... I have a theory.

Cursed villager.

Oh. Dear.

*deep sighs*

But isn't the One Hit Wonder supposed to be a good guy?

*crosses fingers it is supposed to be a good guy*

*crosses fingers, then, that it was the One Hit Wonder last night*

*glares at Sally for good measure*

++ Inziladun
++ Fea
++ Isabelkya
++ Nerwen

I'm not sold on Izzy or Nerwen being innocent, but they look better to me than the others...

...sorry, Rune.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:08 PM   #463
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Or Brinn the master-wolf whom no one suspects as she's so sneaky. If she is a wolf her post toDay was a masterpiece, but not the first she has made. It looks quite calculated - or then I'm just reading too much into her.
You are reading too much into this. I made that post and the votes early because I said I wouldn't be around much during the Day. I don't understand how you can suspect me with one of the reasons being that no one has paid attention to my early post. No matter what my role is, I have no control over how people may react to my posts.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:09 PM   #464
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
*glares at Sally for good measure*
I....love you?
Old 02-09-2010, 08:10 PM   #465
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Gah. I'm here and much to respond to with only an hour til dl.

Quote:
Why did you vote for Glirdan, Loslote? Or for any of the people whom you voted for?

In #215, you trusted Nog, Zil, Fea and were unsure, but leaned innocent on Wilwa, Glirdan, Nerwen, Pitch.

In #277 you voted for Zil, Glirdan, Nog

So how did the unsure Glirdan get voted for, above the trusted Fea?

I was skimming through the rest of your posts, to search for reasons as to why you voted how you did. And to be quite frank, I've noticed some blaring inconsistencies in your statements. I'll cover them in my next post, but right now my dogs are yipping and crying to go outside.
Nog and Zil looked innocent. (Still do, btw.) No one thought Glirdy looked innocent, and I didn't want to see a massacre of someone I didn't suspect.

Quote:
Along those lines, I'm curious as to why, when I commented on many accepting Form as an innocent without any moddess confirmation:

Loslote's response was this:

But now, with respect to Form she's moved back to suspecting him:
No, I don't particularly suspect him. My comment was that, based on what Glirdy said, Formy or Wilwa could look bad, and I think Wilwa's the bad one of the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Back again... I had to go out before.

Interesting points on Lottie from Izzy and Zil. She's also had both known wolves vote for her– although, with everyone having four votes, and her being very active this game, that may not mean anything.

Well, to be fair, that was after analysing Glirdan's posts– and yet, I can't see that her analysis supports her conclusions. So Glirdan wavered about Form... so what? (In a similar vein, why the completely opposite judgements on Wilwa and Nog? Lottie?)

–Not that I think we should start treating Form as an absolutely known innocent either. Any game devised by the mind of Sally is liable to have some strange twists in it...
Because Glirdy was so very adament about Nog, but quiet about Wilwa. He knew people suspected him, so he, not being a complete noob, laid false trails to Nog - and me.

Quote:
I am also curious about this, since Glirdy was far more adament about Nog's innocence then he was for mine.

oh, and

anyone have any idea what this might mean???

Talk people, I'm in class here bored out of my mind, I need some action!

I'm gonna go make a new list, some people have shifted around a bit....
...um, exactly. I trust Nog *because* Glirdy was so adament. See above comment.

Quote:
With Izzy's last second vote for Brinn, which, as she would have thought, tied her with Glirdan, I'm quite comfortable with Izzy now.

Let's look at her vote tally from yesterDay.

I'm noting this:

Loslote -> Zil, Glirdan, Nog

this,

Glirdan -> Wilwa (4), Nog (2)
Glirdan -> Fea (4)
Glirdan -> Loslote (3)

and this

Nog -> Rune, Zil (2), Loslote (2)
Nog -> Form (2)

Here's what strikes me:

A known wolf voted for Nog and Loslote.
Loslote voted for the wolf and Nog.
Nog voted for Loslote.

Granted, when everyone has four votes, coincidences can happen. But can all that be happenstance?
Yes. Yes it can.

EDIT: xed since 460
Old 02-09-2010, 08:13 PM   #466
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++Nerwen

I'm pretty sure she's innocent.

++Fea

Even if she can't be Simon, she can still be innocent, and I trust her.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:17 PM   #467
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Not voting for Wilwa. I think she's a wolf. Not voting for Rune. I still think he looks furry.

Izzy looks better to me, acutally maybe because she suspects me - for some reason, I tend to trust people who suspect me.

Brinn...I don't know. I haven't known all game. She always confuses me.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:21 PM   #468
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Lottie I'm torn about. On one hand, she hasn't sat comfortably with me all game...but then I have this feeling she just might be innocent after all.

The way Nogrod has gone about his suspicions toDay makes me a bit worried about him.

Still have a bad feeling about Eonwe, though I don't really yet have a reasoning for it.

Nerwen worries me simply because she has slid through the game quite smoothly so far, something she does very well at as a wolf. I would like to keep an eye on her.

I think we should spread the votes out a bit more, so perhaps I'll vote for Rune or wilwa. I don't really have an opinion of either, but I'm thinking there are better candidates for lynching.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:21 PM   #469
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Ah. I'm sorry, I totally forgot. I've actually been meaning to ask about that. What does this bit mean?
That was my list of whom I would vote for -> whom I wouldn't vote for.
They were paired, becaause it just ended up that way. There were some people whom were pretty equal/even on the "scale", so I just placed them together.

I didn't ignore Brin's comment, Nog. I just didn't feel the need to add/address it. It involves me, so I don't think saying "Yeah! Stellar point!" is necessary.

X'd with everything after Nerwen's #461.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:22 PM   #470
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Votes so far...

Brinn- 1
Dun- 6
Fea- 4
Form- 4
Izzy- 4
Lottie-
Nerwen- 3
Nog-
Rune-
Steve-
Wilwa-
Old 02-09-2010, 08:23 PM   #471
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Brinn- 1
Dun-6
Fea- 4
Form- 4
Izzy- 4
Lottie-
Nerwen- 3
Nog-
Rune-
Steve-
Wilwa-

haha x-ed with the roomie
Old 02-09-2010, 08:25 PM   #472
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Brinn- 1
Dun-6
Fea- 4
Form- 4
Izzy- 4
Lottie-
Nerwen- 3
Nog-
Rune-
Steve-
Wilwa-

haha x-ed with the roomie
*snuggles her Bostonians*
Old 02-09-2010, 08:25 PM   #473
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
I think Wilwa's the bad one of the two
So much for wanting to trust me and thinking me innocent. This seems very much to me like noticing that everyone else isn't trusting me, and you hopping on board. It's so interesting that every time I'm innocent it's one little vote that I make, that I don't completely think through, that ends up getting me in trouble. Oh, and Nog saying I'm too helpful or nice, that usually does me in as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Because Glirdy was so very adament about Nog, but quiet about Wilwa. He knew people suspected him, so he, not being a complete noob, laid false trails to Nog - and me.
You don't think it's possible, with Glirdan not being a n00b and all, that he was SO obvious about Nog that he'd knew we'd think it was too obvious? And with Nog being so against Glirdan trusting him it sets up pretty nicely to make Nog look good. Gwath's first try of his game Glirdan managed to get me lynched first Day, and I had suspected him just as fervently, as well as the second try (we were both innocent, both tries of the game). We both suspect each other all the time and we're always wrong since we're rarely wolves, so this game I wanted to cut him some slack (this was never talked about between us since we don't talk about games til they're over, but when I saw he was making an effort to trust me I figured I'd do the same for him, atleast at the beginning, and I've missed having him around the past 2 years so I wanted to keep him around for a bit) It just so happened to totally work against me.

I'm going to shut up now. I hate getting defensive. I know we can afford to lose a few days without lynching a wolf and still be fine since we're so far ahead, but I really hope you guys don't just let that happen toDay with me.

x'ed with a few
EDIT: had to fix quote from Nog to Lottie, sorry Nog, you were mentioned in the quote so I was confused

Last edited by wilwarin538; 02-09-2010 at 08:35 PM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #474
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Vote Count

Brinn:
Izzy
Zil
Form

Steve:
Zil
Izzy
Form
Fea

Wilwa:
Zil
Fea
Form
Nerwen

Nerwen:
Zil
Brinn

Nog:
Zil
Form
Izzy

Form:
Zil
Fea
Izzy
Nerwen

Lottie:
Nerwen
Fea

Izzy - 4
Zil - 6
Form - 4
Fea - 4
Nerwen - 3
Brinn - 1
Lottie - 0
Nog - 0
Rune - 0
Steve - 0
Wilwa - 0
Old 02-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #475
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'm just soo late from my sleeping time...

Take care you don't leave four unvoted persons as then we have no lynch. (when will the numbers change Sally?)

It's easy for everyone to vote the same the others have done *blames self as well* Look at that toMorrow.

And in general, look at those who do not suspect other people or only suspect those already under fire. You need to suffer suspicions on yourself as well and not take that to a principle of not voting that person just out of personal convenience.

If we fight all our own petty wars of survival we lose, if we look at it together we can manage.

So my last vote goes to...

++ Rune

He had problem with the net-access and I can see it has not helped him to gain on the confidence / popularity. But we need to get rid of a multiple numbers of even (non-)votes.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #476
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Just to be Devil's Advocate for a brief moment.
What makes everyone so sure that Form is telling the truth?
Could he not be a wolf, whom has orchestrated the Zil on the list thing? yeah, he could've known whom Nienna put on the list, but he could've faked the Zil part.

Just wanted to have the thought out there, in case by some reason it is fake. And we are all "why did we go along so easily with it".

X'd since my last post.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #477
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

The moddess plays

I'm bored. Anyone fancy a game? Monopoly? Tic tac toe? Bingo? Anyone?

*crawls back into her hole and watches the action*
Old 02-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #478
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

wilwa: you're not quoting me but someone else...
Old 02-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #479
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
So much for wanting to trust me and thinking me innocent. This seems very much to me like noticing that everyone else isn't trusting me, and you hopping on board. It's so interesting that every time I'm innocent it's one little vote that I make, that I don't completely think through, that ends up getting me in trouble. Oh, and Nog saying I'm too helpful or nice, that usually does me in as well.

You don't think it's possible, with Glirdan not being a n00b and all, that he was SO obvious about Nog that he'd knew we'd think it was too obvious? And with Nog being so against Glirdan trusting him it sets up pretty nicely to make Nog look good. Gwath's first try of his game Glirdan managed to get be lynched first Day, and I had suspected him just as fervently, as well as the second try (we were both innocent, both tries of the game). We both suspect each other all the time and we're always wrong since we're rarely wolves, so this game I wanted to cut him some slack (this was never talked about between us since we don't talk about games til they're over, but when I saw he was making an effort to trust me I figured I'd do the same for him, atleast at the beginning, and I've missed having him around the past 2 years so I wanted to keep him around for a bit) It just so happened to totally work against me.

I'm going to shut up now. I hate getting defensive. I know we can afford to lose a few days without lynching a wolf and still be fine since we're so far ahead, but I really hope you guys don't just let that happen toDay with me.
1. What? I was the first one to even mention a Wilwa-suspicion, and now I'm hoppin on a bandwaggon?

2. Nice excuse. You've used it before. Are you really going to stick with meta-reasoning as your excuse?

3. That jumps out at me as a "oh I'm innocent don't lynch me" type statement. Don't tell us, show us.

EDIT: xed since Wilwa
Old 02-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #480
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I'm just soo late from my sleeping time...

Take care you don't leave four unvoted persons as then we have no lynch. (when will the numbers change Sally?)

It's easy for everyone to vote the same the others have done *blames self as well* Look at that toMorrow.

And in general, look at those who do not suspect other people or only suspect those already under fire. You need to suffer suspicions on yourself as well and not take that to a principle of not voting that person just out of personal convenience.

If we fight all our own petty wars of survival we lose, if we look at it together we can manage.

So my last vote goes to...

++ Rune

He had problem with the net-access and I can see it has not helped him to gain on the confidence / popularity. But we need to get rid of a multiple numbers of even (non-)votes.
Go to bed, you silly child! *snuggles you*