The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2014, 08:09 PM   #1
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
WW CVII: Restless Nights in Sleepy Hollow

In the quiet town of Sleepy Hollow an evil presence is taking over the night.

The roles:

3 Wolves - Want to destroy the village by killing one innocent every night
Seer - Dreams a fellow player at Night
Ranger - Protects a fellow player each Night

If there are enough players I would like to try another role: The Wildcard. The Wildcard can chose his/her allegiance or chose none. At Night the Wildcard can decide whose team he/she plays for. If the Wildcard chooses the village he/she takes on the role of the Hunter. If the Wildcard chooses the Wolves and is killed during the Day he/she takes down a villager at random. If he/she is attacked in the Night he/she becomes a fourth wolf. If the Wildcard is not turned he/she may choose to change allegiance once during the course of the game. Should the wildcard not wish to take a side in the event of a neutral Wildcard being attacked or lynched he/she will take down another villager at random. Again, I'll only do this if twelve or more sign up.

Rules:
Day and Night phases last for 24 hours.
Votes are to be highlighted:
++Kitanna
If you fail to vote two Days in a row, you will be modfired.
In case of a tie, I'd like to flip a coin to add some randomness, but if no one else likes that idea the first to garner the most votes will be lynched.

The deadlines that work best for me are anywhere between 7:30-9 PM CST (-5 GMT) or 6:30-8AM CST (-5 GMT). I can do whichever of those works best for everyone else.

Villagers:
Inziladun
satansaloser2005
McCaber
Legate of Amon Lanc
Rikae
Nerwen
Aganzir
wilwarin538
Shastanis Althreduin
A Little Green
Macalaure

Last edited by Kitanna; 10-08-2014 at 05:02 PM.
Kitanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:12 PM   #2
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Lynchbait Prime, reporting in.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:42 PM   #3
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'm here, and I brought my own noose this time!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:45 AM   #4
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
I'm back, baby!
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 03:55 AM   #5
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Lynchbait Prime, reporting in.
I thought that was me...

Anyway, Lieutenant-Legate reporting in.

A couple of questions (well, somebody had to ask):

1. Can Ranger protect him/herself?
2. Can Ranger protect the same person twice in a row?
3. Optional question in case we have the Wildcard: Will the Seer see the Wildcard as a Wildcard? And will they see their allegiance or just that they are a Wildcard? (Anyway I guess the whole Wildcard concept will need more explanation, but that can be saved for later.)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:05 AM   #6
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
1. Can Ranger protect him/herself?
2. Can Ranger protect the same person twice in a row?
3. Optional question in case we have the Wildcard: Will the Seer see the Wildcard as a Wildcard? And will they see their allegiance or just that they are a Wildcard? (Anyway I guess the whole Wildcard concept will need more explanation, but that can be saved for later.)
1. No
2. No
3. The Wildcard will appear as innocent unless the stars align right and he/she is attacked while allied with the wolves. In which case the Seer will dream him/her as a wolf.

One thing I forgot is that if this game goes past October 17-20th I will need a co-mod because I will be out of town that weekend.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:45 AM   #7
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Sign me up (there goes the neighborhood).

Oh, and I'm in favor of coin-flips.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:50 AM   #8
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Sign me up, please!
Old 10-02-2014, 05:25 PM   #9
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hello.

Old 10-02-2014, 05:43 PM   #10
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Hello.

Joy!

Bonus: listen for the minor Tolkien link!
Old 10-02-2014, 06:25 PM   #11
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
I haven't the spare time to devote to WW, but if you need an Emergency Back-up Co-Mod, Kitanna, I'm willing to step in.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:35 PM   #12
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
I haven't the spare time to devote to WW, but if you need an Emergency Back-up Co-Mod, Kitanna, I'm willing to step in.
You have no idea how excited I got when I saw you'd posted here....
Old 10-02-2014, 08:44 PM   #13
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Joy!

Bonus: listen for the minor Tolkien link!
It must be smashing your head with a hammer, obviously.

On related terms, sadly I barely have enough time (or mental stamina) to check my email on a more-or-less-daily basis. So no WW for me. But I will follow as much as I can - at least make note of deaths and reveals.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:51 PM   #14
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
It must be smashing your head with a hammer, obviously.
*hint* Grandmother.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:31 AM   #15
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Yes! Died in night 1 in the last game, and that was sad, so hopefully I last longer this time!!!
Old 10-04-2014, 10:06 AM   #16
Kitanna
Child of the West

I received a request from a player about being assigned a role they haven't played in a while. If anyone else has a special request for a role feel free to PM me about it. I'm not making any promises that you'll get that role, but I will take it into consideration when I'm assigning things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil[/quote
I will keep this under my hat and let you know. Thanks!
Old 10-04-2014, 03:53 PM   #17
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
I really dislike coin flips thanks to one game I seered where the village lost because of one. I'd much rather play with first past the post rules.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 02:10 AM   #18
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'd like to sign up.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 01:10 PM   #19
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I'd like to sign up.
Flipping straight you would, son. *nuzzles*
Old 10-05-2014, 05:22 PM   #20
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I wish I could play! As it is, what with classes and grad school applications, I've barely got time to sleep, let alone play. I'll do my best to follow along, though!
Old 10-05-2014, 06:29 PM   #21
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I wish I could play! As it is, what with classes and grad school applications, I've barely got time to sleep, let alone play. I'll do my best to follow along, though!
Pfft. I don't have time either, but that's never stopped me before.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:20 AM   #22
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Count me in.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:52 AM   #23
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
I hope your joy will not manifest that way once the game gets going!

Quote:
Pfft. I don't have time either, but that's never stopped me before.
I am a little worried about playing now that I have a desk job! It was bad enough when I modded.

As to deadline, I'd prefer either 7:30 PM or if that doesn't work, 6:30 AM CST. If I play between 2-8 AM, please kick me out or ignore anything I say because I am really not supposed to be there!
Old 10-07-2014, 02:45 AM   #24
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dűm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I can't play this time, but I'll definitely be reading it as it progresses. Looks like it'll be a fun game.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:57 AM   #25
Kitanna
Child of the West

We have ten players right now, so just enough for a simple game. I'll leave the sign-up open until tomorrow night and then shoot for a Thursday start. DL will be at 6:30am CST. Sound good, friends?
Old 10-07-2014, 04:07 PM   #26
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
We have ten players right now, so just enough for a simple game. I'll leave the sign-up open until tomorrow night and then shoot for a Thursday start. DL will be at 6:30am CST. Sound good, friends?
Hm. Give me a day or two to see if I can rope Phantom into playing.

Also, is that AM a typo, or is that the actual deadline? Just making sure.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:12 PM   #27
Kitanna
Child of the West

I can push it to 7:30am but looking at my evening schedule for the next few weeks those are the times I can 100% guarantee I'll be home for my moddess duties. I know it's painfully early for those around the CST timezone.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:54 PM   #28
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Whether 0630 or 0730, I'll still be voting at least 8 hours before, so it's all the same to me.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:57 PM   #29
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
The voices (or, rather, one specific voice) have told me to join this game, so I shall obey. I can't do much worse than last time.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:25 PM   #30
Kitanna
Child of the West

Okie dok roles are sent out. If you didn't get one you are an ordo. I'll be putting the game thread up when I awake.

Since there were only two votes for how to handle ties (1 against coin flips and 1 ok with coin flips) I did the logical thing to break the tie and flipped a coin. And thanks to the wisdom of the coin flip in the event of a tie the first to garner the most votes will be lynched.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:36 AM   #31
Kitanna
Child of the West

The game thread is up and in 24 hours the bloodbath shall commence.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:01 PM   #32
Kitanna
Child of the West

*disembodied hand pokes villagers with a stick*
Did everyone die and not tell me?

I am going to be unavailable at the time of DL for toDay, but thankfully Agan has been nice enough to lend her services and call "time". And maybe if you're lucky write the narration too. I'll be back a few hours after DL to narrate Day 4 if not. Should the game continue beyond toDay I'll only have access on my phone so narrations will be shorter than they already are.

Make me proud players, make me proud.