The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2014, 09:40 PM   #161
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well, Inzil, if you're wrong, we're out of luck whatever I do. I hope you're right.

++Sally
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:48 PM   #162
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
This idea of hers that an AganSeer might on Day 1 have been buddying up to me having dreamt me as a wolf is a serious reach.
I come back after sleeping off a headache and find that this has somehow become a thing? I never thought she was buddying up to you. I said I could see the possibility. Those are two vastly different things. Presented with actual context as it should be, I think you'll find that what I said was....

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Regarding the possibility of Agan bluffing as seer, I could see her buddying up to Dun for a Day had she dreamt him a wolf. After all, she's a hot candidate for Night kills (as we've just seen), so throwing him off her scent could buy her an extra dream or two so she could....I don't know, man, it's Agan. Frankly, my first suspicions would not have been that she was the seer; she defended Dun to the extreme, sure, but the manner in which she did it does not cry seer to me. I think she was going from what little evidence she had and wanted to keep Dun around because, as she said, she wanted to play with him.
My logic is bolded, and in my opinion was clear to begin with. You're the one reaching, love.

You say I voted you based partly on past games, which as a joke is true, but I find you suspicious for actual reasons, some of which you are illustrating now. Suddenly finding my votes for you incredibly suspicious when only hours ago you found Nerwen and Shasta the best wolf candidates based on voting trends? Why change your position to me? Could it be that one (or both, which....unlikely) of them is your packmate? You said you wouldn't repeat your (frankly stunning) performance from a previous game, so perhaps toDay's actions are that restraint coming into play. (I'll note also that you didn't seem nearly as amused by the linked post as I think you would have as an innocent.) Your jumpiness, your panic, is what makes you suspicious, both in the wake of Agan's death and toDay.

I'm still pretty tired, but I'll get back to things in a bit.

x'd with Rikae. Oh, glorious.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:49 PM   #163
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Let's hope that one or both of Dun and Rikae are evil, or we are hosed.

Who else is around presently?
Old 10-14-2014, 10:42 PM   #164
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I am.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:24 PM   #165
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Actually, I've just noticed that both Dun and Rikae say Nerwen and Shasta look fishiest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
So for these four, Nerwen and Shasta seem the most wolfish, but I really can't say Wilwa and Sally seem squeaky clean either. I can't be 100% sure about Greenie, but the chance she was a seer dream means I won't risk voting for her toDay. Inzil I'll assume is innocent.
Bolding mine, and I need clarification on why. I don't feel McCaber's commentary on Dun was terribly clearing; if anything, I'd more take his remarks on Greenie as a hint of a dream, but even that isn't very clear.

Both Dun and Rikae have made sudden switches in position toDay based on, from what I can see, very little. Sure, I'm being a little sensitive because I'm tired and said switches may cost me my life, but they could also cost us the game. Such a sudden change after specifying other targets and hardly mentioning their new lynch target screams opportunism to me. I'd say they wouldn't be so obvious about it, but I've seen both of them act in such a manner, so at this point I'd find little surprising.

Unfortunately I don't know which one to vote for at this point. I'd rather ignored Rikae until recently because....well, frankly, we were in agreement on Dun and I found him a more obvious threat (and still find his actions quite suspicious, unsurprisingly enough). There are three wolves, after all, and odds are that at least one of them is a wolf, possibly both if they're playing boldly (and those two do).

Nerwen (and anyone else around right now), we have to vote together or we will die. I'll go with the wisdom of others in choosing between Dun and Rikae, because her actions toDay have shot her far up the list, and Dun's never left that position. Also admittedly because I know my role for sure, and I don't know theirs, so either of them is automatically a better choice than me.

Please share thoughts. I'm doing some nightly tasks, but will return to vote before I retire (again) for the evening.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:44 AM   #166
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

*crickets*

Old 10-15-2014, 12:54 AM   #167
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

++Dun

I guess I'm nothing if not consistent.

His jumpy attitude, his flipping and flopping, his sudden change in top suspects with little to no explanation. He's almost certainly evil, and I think it quite likely that he and Rikae are playing a very bold game. At this point I have to hope they're playing a bold game, because if either of them is innocent, the other wolves can just pile onto me and we'll have lost.

I'm sorry I can't wait around longer and make more of an effort to focus votes, but I have to go to bed, and I feel I have the right candidate. I hope I'm not dead when I wake up, because then we'll all be dead.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:00 AM   #168
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Had to go out; back again. I am taking a look at several people. You’re first.

EDIT:X’d with Sally
Old 10-15-2014, 01:03 AM   #169
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Had to go out; back again. I am taking a look at several people. You’re first.

EDIT:X’d with Sally
Please do, love. I'm not hiding anything.

Well, I'm hiding under the covers, but that's because it's bedtime. Sleep o'clock now. Help me kill a werewolf please. G'night.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:07 AM   #170
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm here, sporadically. I'm at work. That said, some people have asked me things - I'll get to them as I can. This is just an "I'm here" post.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 01:15 AM   #171
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Rikae - That first comment by me was partially banter, partially me feeling odd about you but having nothing really backing it up, and partially wolf-bait.

Regarding my vote for Mac and the reasoning behind it; I was feeling worst about Inzil and Mac at the time, so I wanted to vote one of them - and since the only reason I could see for the wolves killing Agan was that they thought she was the Seer and had a good opinion of Inzil, I chose to vote Mac.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 10-15-2014, 01:49 AM   #172
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Inzil has one vote, Sally has two. I feel as though, were my shining star a wolf and Sally innocent, she'd have voted her already.

Anyone around - how likely is it that McCaber did in fact dream Inzil innocent?
Old 10-15-2014, 01:53 AM   #173
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
I agree with Wilwa, we shouldn't spread out the votes. I still think Inzil was dreamed, so that leaves me with

++Sally

I haven't paid much attention to Sally this far other than her theory on Wilwa yesterDay which I thought looked a little off. Fingers crossed!

EDIT: x-ed with Shasta
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 01:59 AM   #174
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Anyone around - how likely is it that McCaber did in fact dream Inzil innocent?
Fairly likely, in my opinion. Here's what McCaber says about Inzil and me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab
Speaking of, I don't really agree with the recent Inzil train. He looks more like an ordo to me, albeit a weirdly-acting one. And LG has done nothing to make me suspicious of her that I can see.
Note also that the Ranger was already dead at this point, so it makes double sense for the Seer to leave hints as to who he dreamed. Inzil would be a logical choice for a Night 2 dream anyway, given how much suspicion he was under on Day 1. So yeah. If Inzil is, in fact, a wolf, I suggest we collectively lynch McCaber even though he's already dead.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 10-15-2014, 02:00 AM   #175
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

This is making me nervous. I suppose the wolves could still be playing it safe, but the fact is, they could win with a sweep today. And now Sally has three votes - two of them for no real reason than "oh we shouldn't split votes". I mean, the reason itself is sound, but...
Old 10-15-2014, 02:12 AM   #176
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Inzil has one vote, Sally has two. I feel as though, were my shining star a wolf and Sally innocent, she'd have voted her already.
This is an interesting point. If Sally does turn out to be a wolf, I suggest a closer look at Nerwen toMorrow. Although now I think of it, you haven't voted yet either - but then, you're not sure Inzil was dreamed, which either makes you an independent thinker or a wolf trying to probe around for a possibility of lynching Inzil instead of Sally. So basically - if Sally is lynched and turns out to be a wolf, I'll have to raise an eyebrow. If Sally is lynched and turns out innocent, you'll look decent too, but the game will be over so that doesn't matter. And I'm willing to bet that if we lynch Inzil it's game over.

Also, just spotted this and it makes me laugh:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
True, but I would expect at least some token wolf-on-wolfing toDay- you know, just in case the lynch miscarried.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen in the same post, explaining why she suggested lynching Shasta
It's basically just a joke based on the "psychic wolf" thing. In truth Shasta had done so little up to that point that I had no idea about him. Now he's suddenly surfaced on this crucial Day- which could point either way, really.
Token wolf-on-wolfing, anyone?
Old 10-15-2014, 02:18 AM   #177
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Sally, Day One

Tally
Inzil —> Mac

#37.
Opening banter.

#38.
Responds to my banter (#3) re: Jonathan the Apple and to Zil's ”accusation” of Mac and Mc (#23): "I would love this, honestly, though who would be the third McWolf?” and to Rikae's apparently joking threat to vote her for non-appearance (#35): "Love you too, sweetheart.”
Comment: Not much in this– the only thing is that she was playing along with the “jokey” accusations after Zil had in fact voted Mac.

#40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Quote:
Speak of the devil!
No, darling, Phantom isn't in this game.
#41.
Quote:
So I have this problem where I'm tired and it's getting late and I need to vote. Unfortunately there hasn't been much said, and everyone's favorite psychic wolf boy isn't here yet, so I've no idea which of you to suspect.

I suppose I could always pick on Agan....
#44.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Sorry... must be channelling Lommy.
Lommy killed Kit before! Are you saying you're a werewolf? Is that a confession? Is it is it is it?
#45. Says it feels odd to be in a game without Nogrod.

Tally
Inzil —> Mac
Mac —> Shasta

#47. Vote-post.
Quote:
All right, it's time for voting and then sleeping.

++Dun

This might sound silly, but I think he's being louder than he would be as an ordo. His behavior regarding the McPlayers is also a bit unsettling, as has been pointed out, but I am more caught by his volume at this point; I feel an ordo Dun would have been less involved in toDay's discussions (if you can call them discussions). Alas, that's the best hunch I have.
Comments: This vote seems to come out of the blue, as before this she gave no sign of seeing Zil's "behavior regarding the McPlayers” as anything other than banter. Bear in mind that this was an early Day One vote– rarely are they very sound. Other than that, does a lot of “playful” suspecting of other players, which can certainly be a wolf-mask. But once again, there actually wouldn’t have been too much material for an innocent Sally to build on at that stage. #41 *could* be a possible “hurry up!” signal to an absent Shastawolf, though I really only mention this because it follows her own later logic on Wilwa and Zil (#124).

Sally, Day Two

#92.
Quote:
Agan, of all people? Really?

Regarding the possibility of Agan bluffing as seer, I could see her buddying up to Dun for a Day had she dreamt him a wolf. After all, she's a hot candidate for Night kills (as we've just seen), so throwing him off her scent could buy her an extra dream or two so she could....I don't know, man, it's Agan. Frankly, my first suspicions would not have been that she was the seer; she defended Dun to the extreme, sure, but the manner in which she did it does not cry seer to me. I think she was going from what little evidence she had and wanted to keep Dun around because, as she said, she wanted to play with him.
Other than that: is annoyed about the Ranger being lynched; asks if there is a Wildcard; says will not be around much until later.
Comments: Weird post. I believe she’s referring to my suggestion that killing Agan might have been a *wolfish* bluff– but she apparently thinks I meant a bluff on the part of Agan as Seer (had she in fact been one). I’m honestly not sure what her theory is, here (or rather what she thinks mine was): perhaps that the wolves thought Agan was a Seer who had dreamed Zilwolf and was trying to put him off his guard. For her part, she seems to think Aganwas a random kill-choice.

#95.
Thanks Kit for clarifying that there is, in fact, no Wildcard.

#101.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
And why is Inzil so eager to have me suspect him? I feel taunted.
Maybe he's playing a dangerous game and is the third McWolf?
Tally
Wilwa —> Greenie
Inzil —> Nerwen
Mac —> Greenie (2)
Shasta —> Mac
Rikae —> Inzil

#122.
Quote:
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuys, I'm really tired and I just want to sleep. It looks like we have four different people with votes. That can't be true, can it?

Doing a quick read through, voting, and then going to bed. Back soon.
#124.
Very long post.

Mac is “not allowed to be lynched” because she likes his punning and also doesn’t find him particularly suspicious.

Suspects Wilwa for stating (#112) that she would probably be absent until Day Three, and would then be more active. This, to Sally, suggests a wolf leaving coded messages to her pack.
Quote:
Perhaps just straws, but it's a distinct ping for me at this point. I believe Wilwa would be bold enough to make such a comment, being unable to communicate with her pack any other way at this point, and the specificity of her wording seems tricksy to me.
Find it “unsettling” that she has no feeling either way about me, and also that I haven’t been bantering with Shasta, "though perhaps that's due to his own lack of participation?” Will keep an eye on me.

Also finds Zil's complaint (#114) about about “lack of activity from some” suspicious:
Quote:
Given Wilwa's quoted comment above (which comes not long before Dun's above post) I almost feel like this is some sort of sign of recognition, perhaps even disapproval, toward a semi-absent packmate. I know I'm connecting two "if then" dots, but between Dun's actions toDay and Wilwa's possibly pointed comment, I don't feel like the dots are too far apart.

Currently that makes my top options Wilwa and Dun. I feel Dun is the popular choice toDay, but I'll give it a quick think as I ready for bed and make my decision upon my return.
Comments: Well, Wilwa is indeed very problematic due to her lack of participation– but this seems like a pretty massive reach.

#125. Vote-post.
Quote:
++Dun to be done

I find his comments and shifting attitudes toDay too bizarre to ignore. Besides, I'm extra paranoid about him from our last game.

I'm out for the night. Sleep well, my loves.
Comments: thing is, Zil *was* quite erratic and strange yesterDay. Yet, the actual vote does come across as rather opportunistic.

Sally, Day Three

Tally
Inzil —> Sally
Rikae —> Sally

Objects to the reasoning in Zil'svote-post, saying her misrepresents her comments about Agan at #92.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
My logic is bolded, and in my opinion was clear to begin with. You're the one reaching, love.

You say I voted you based partly on past games, which as a joke is true, but I find you suspicious for actual reasons, some of which you are illustrating now. Suddenly finding my votes for you incredibly suspicious when only hours ago you found Nerwen and Shasta the best wolf candidates based on voting trends? Why change your position to me? Could it be that one (or both, which....unlikely) of them is your packmate? You said you wouldn't repeat your (frankly stunning) performance from a previous game, so perhaps toDay's actions are that restraint coming into play. (I'll note also that you didn't seem nearly as amused by the linked post as I think you would have as an innocent.) Your jumpiness, your panic, is what makes you suspicious, both in the wake of Agan's death and toDay.
(This post x’d with Rikae's vote.)

Comments: Half-and-half on this. As noted, it does seem the gist of her post about Agan was that she *didn’t* think the wolves thought Agan was a Seer who had dreamed Zilwolf and then “buddied up” to him, but I can’t exactly say it’s “clear”. For the rest– I would agree that Zil's playing– yesterDay, at any rate– was jumpy enough to be possibly suspicious. The rest, though… I don’t know what she means about him being not amused enough, and in that final sentence she does actually seem to be treating Agan's death as a point against, rather than for, Zil's innocence, though apparently not for the reasons Zil thought.

#163.
Quote:
Let's hope that one or both of Dun and Rikae are evil, or we are hosed.

Who else is around presently?
#165.
Notes that both Rikae and Zil have said Shasta and I look the most evil (Zil #144, Rikae #150). Queries Rikae's working assumption of Zil’s innocence, as she doesn’t think McCaber's remark on Zil was “terribly clearing”; believes Greenie was more likely dreamed, "but even that isn't very clear”.

Suspects both Zil and Rikae for their “sudden switches in position”, especially rapid changing of targets. Has seen them act this way when evil. Acknowledges she is being “a little sensitive” but says this is because their voting her “could also cost us the game”. Does not know which to vote for– had ignored Rikae before as she agreed about Zil, the “more obvious threat”. Thinks it likely at least one of the two is a wolf, possibly both, and points out that that are bold players.

Adresses me (“and anyone else around”), saying that we must vote together, “or we *will* die”. Will follow anyone else’s choice of Zil or Rikae, as "her actions toDay have shot her far up the list, and Dun's never left that position”.
comments: Well, she’s panicking, all right. Either a wolf or an innocent would be at this point.

#166.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
*crickets*

#167. Vote-post.
Quote:
++Dun

I guess I'm nothing if not consistent.

His jumpy attitude, his flipping and flopping, his sudden change in top suspects with little to no explanation. He's almost certainly evil, and I think it quite likely that he and Rikae are playing a very bold game. At this point I have to hope they're playing a bold game, because if either of them is innocent, the other wolves can just pile onto me and we'll have lost.

I'm sorry I can't wait around longer and make more of an effort to focus votes, but I have to go to bed, and I feel I have the right candidate. I hope I'm not dead when I wake up, because then we'll all be dead.
#169.
Replying to my stated intent (#168) of looking at her first (and here I am!):
Quote:
Please do, love. I'm not hiding anything.

Well, I'm hiding under the covers, but that's because it's bedtime. Sleep o'clock now. Help me kill a werewolf please. G'night.
Conclusion: As stated, whatever her role she would be pretty freaked out at this point. Her counter-accusations of the people who voted her look quite bad, as well as her eagerness to discount any inferences drawn from the Night-kills (though certainly she is right that we *shouldn’t* be taking such inferences as fact). On the other hand, a threatened wolf who hoped to survive toDay would probably have voted someone other than Zil, currently, I’d say, the least likely person to be lynched. But then so would an innocent. I do agree with her that both Zil and Rikae have been playing darn weirdly. On the whole, I’d say she looks more like a flailing wolf right now than a scared innocent, but I don’t like having to bet on it.

I’ve been called away so often while trying to do this that I’m not sure I’m going to have time for anyone else, but will do my best.

Rikae next.

EDIT:X’d since Shasta at #172.
EDIT2: Sentence left out.

Last edited by Nerwen; 10-15-2014 at 02:35 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 02:27 AM   #178
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Note also that the Ranger was already dead at this point, so it makes double sense for the Seer to leave hints as to who he dreamed. Inzil would be a logical choice for a Night 2 dream anyway, given how much suspicion he was under on Day 1. So yeah. If Inzil is, in fact, a wolf, I suggest we collectively lynch McCaber even though he's already dead.
McCaber does use the words "looks like an ordo" - I would think that he would have to know how that would look to the rest of us should he be revealed as the Seer later. It seems to me as though had he just been expressing an opinion, he'd have used different wording.

I hate voting because the alternative looks more innocent, though. Dang.

Well, DL is in a few hours, and I'm certain to be on again.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:42 AM   #179
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Anyone around? I was hoping to talk with everyone else who hasn't voted, but I'm beginning to think it won't matter.
Old 10-15-2014, 04:10 AM   #180
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Rikae, Day One

#11.
Banter: is “definitely not a wolf, because I’m posting fifth”.

#14.
Replying to Zil #12, who pointed out she was fourth:
Quote:
Why would I lie? ARE YOU ACCUSING ME OF LYING?

Inzil is a wolf 'cause he's looking for an easy lynch.
#16.
Explains her counting error: "Nah, I just counted Nerwen, Inzil, Cate Blanchett and McCaber.”

#17.
Will be “most displeased” if people don’t post.

#20.
Replying to Zil #18, who believes there is little to discuss yet,
Quote:
We can discuss the most basic thing of all: how people are posting (if only they were posting).
It may not be rock-solid evidence, but in the end, it can work, and it's what usually tips the balance in a WW game anyway.
At this point, though, if nothing changes, I'm inclined to vote for the last person who posts, or for the person who says the least.

Or I could vote for Mac, who I know for a fact is aware of the game and had the opportunity to post.
Comment: This was followed by Mac's appearance, McCaber's “chiming in” comment and all that jazz.

#28.
Replying to Zil #23, Legate #24, asks, "How's Cab suspicious? Or is this still just banter?”

#29.
Quote:
I can't see "wolf-on-wolf" on the level of Mac's comment about Cab being either risky or... well... much of anything.. I mean, it's a silly rhyme the kids say when they come to the dinner table.

Although Cab's response to Mac does worry me slightly.
Tally
Zil —> Mac

#35.
Suspicion list. I am “somewhat antsy”; finds Zil “opportunistic" for "jumping-on-Cab-for-jumping-on-Mac” and wonder why he voted the latter rather than the former, his apparent main suspect. Doesn’t find McCaber as suspicious as Legate and Zil do. Legate “seems legit”. Will give Mac a free pass for “eight years of being nice”. Sally, Agan, Wilwa and Greenie are “absent, and therefore all evil”. Shasta, is therefore too useful to lose.
Unless evil... psychic wolves? Nope nope nope…” Remarks that threatening to vote people seems to work, says perhaps she will vote for Sally.

#39.
Commenting on Sally's appearance (and “Love you too” comment) at #38:
“Speak of the devil!”
(Sally replies, “No dear, phantom isn’t in this game”.)

Tally
Zil —> Mac
Mac —> Shasta
Sally —> Zil

#48. Vote-post.
Quote:
Well, I really hate to vote early, but I also hate to get up early on Saturdays, so...

Best I've got at this point:
++Inziladun
Comments: Nothing really untoward here. Banter with Sally *might* be wolf-on-wolf, but then again might be just banter.

Rikae, Day Two

#91. Agrees with me (#85, #86) that the wolves likely thought Agan the Seer. Thought my alternative bluff-theory far-fetched, but comments that Zil is “weird and defensive” and is now “entertaining the possibility". Finds Greenie suspicious for her “trumped-up” case on Legate; believes her comment (#58) on Zil, especially the suggestion of his vote being a typo, may have been an attempt to whitewash a packmate. Admits she may be too fixated on the idea of an Inzilwolf and will need to look at others. Disagrees with McCaber's trust of quite people, as she has seen many quiet wolves. Want to hear more from Wilwa and Shasta. Mac’s “perky” attitude reminds her of his wolf-self.

#96.
Replying to Zil #93.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun
Weird? Always. But if I was a wolf, this 'bluff' would obviously draw this exact scrutiny of me.
Really? Because it seems to me that it is far more likely to make you look innocent. Like I said, if not for your reaction, I would have moved you lower on my suspect list.

As a bluff, it doesn't really make that much sense. Why would the wolves feel the need to base their kill on protecting Inzil rather than hunting the seer? Sure, he came under fire, but day one suspicions are often short-lived. It would take a panicky wolf, a panicky pack, to do that, but that's just how Inzil is coming off - panicky.
Comment: This is true, but she really seems to want to have her cake and eat it here, doesn’t she?

#105.
Replying to Shasta at #104, in turn commenting on Greenie #50
"Come to think of it, she is kind of misrepresenting what I said there, since it was a double post and pretty obviously a continuation of the same thought.”

#110.
Reply to Greenie #106, #107.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green
Incorrect. I said Inzil was being inconsistent (suspecting McCaber but voting for Mac), but that doesn't necessarily equal suspicious. If you have a suggestion as to what an evil Inzil would accomplish by that, please tell me.
A wolf might have wanted Cab lynched, but not to be in the wagon. He might have been wolf-on-wolfing. Could be lots of things. But what I wonder is: why would an innocent Greenie repeatedly bring up such inconsistencies without any intent to either cast, or to answer, suspicion?

As for my posts on Cab, I can't see how it would be unclear to any honest reader: I was surprised by Inzil & Legate's suspicion which seemed disproportionate, and then made a guess as to what they meant: something I had noticed but didn't consider particularly significant myself.

What would be the point of sneakily casting suspicion on someone who was, at that point, the most suspected anyway?
Comment: this second part ultimately refers to #50, where Greenie suggests Rikae is “subtly trying to raise doubts about Cab” (i.e. with her Day One question about whether he was supicious). As for Rikae's reply: well, there was nothing like a certainly that McCaber would be lynched (in fact, he wasn’t), and a wolf often does like to nudge the lynch the “right” way. Actually I don’t see much in her questions on Day One, but the “why” now seems a bit disingenuous.

Tally
Wilwa —> Greenie
Zil —> Nerwen
Mac —> Greenie (2)
Shasta —> Mac

#121. Vote-post
Quote:
I can't stay awake any longer, and I won't be up before DL, so I'll have to vote now.

For reasons previously given, plus the way he's been extra calm since I called him panicky. I know, that sounds terrible, but just look: I feel like he's tiptoeing around me, and I don't recall innocent!Inzil being one to tiptoe.

++Inziladun
Conclusion: I really don’t know. She is, as she says herself, rather fixated on Zil, much as Sally has been. Some of her interactions with him suggest the old “witch hunt” technique; yet, I do think he was genuinely jumpy. I don’t have time for a detailed look at Day 3 Rikae; however if she is a wolf she has either decided to bus her packmate Sally (good), or else climb on Zil’s vote on an innocent Sally (bad).

EDIT: X’d with Shasta.

Last edited by Nerwen; 10-15-2014 at 04:18 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 04:15 AM   #181
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green
McCaber does use the words "looks like an ordo" - I would think that he would have to know how that would look to the rest of us should he be revealed as the Seer later. It seems to me as though had he just been expressing an opinion, he'd have used different wording.

I hate voting because the alternative looks more innocent, though. Dang.
Indeed– Seers have screwed up their hints before this, and, more importantly, an ordo-Zil could easily just be *wrong*.
Old 10-15-2014, 04:23 AM   #182
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

So, the tally:

Zil —> Sally
Rikae —> Sally (2)
Sally —> Zil
Greenie —> Sally (3)

Left to vote: Me, Shasta, Wilwa.

Under this game’s tie-breaker rule, the only alternative to lynching Sally would be for all three of us to follow Sally’s vote on Zil. This seems unwise.
Old 10-15-2014, 04:24 AM   #183
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

So, again hoping for the best:

++Sally

Either she’s a wolf, or we’re all dead.
Old 10-15-2014, 04:29 AM   #184
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Indeed– Seers have screwed up their hints before this, and, more importantly, an ordo-Zil could easily just be *wrong*.
True, but at this point think it matters, considering the votes. Unless Wilwa appears and all three of her, you, and I vote for Inzil, Sally's getting lynched regardless. And I'm not even certain I want to vote Inzil! I'm just bothered by Rikae's vote and I'm not even sure why - no, wait, actually, I just thought of something. Inzil was the first person to vote; it wasn't necessarily mandatory that she jump on his vote at that point; I could easily be wrong here, but I don't recall Rikae being overly suspicious of Sally then. Given that Inzil could be wrong, even as a probably-dreamt ordo, why jump on his vote that quickly?

Not that it matters at this point, of course, considering the options.
Old 10-15-2014, 04:31 AM   #185
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I crossed with my star's last two posts, so it doesn't really matter who I vote for now. I hope Sally is a wolf, but considering what I just thought about it wouldn't surprise me if she wasn't

++Rikae
Old 10-15-2014, 04:32 AM   #186
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
In other words, no pressure.
Yeah, lots to put on you, I know. Hopefully you made a good choice!

++Sally

*crosses fingers*

Edit: x'ed with Inzil
Old 10-15-2014, 04:50 AM   #187
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
True, but at this point think it matters, considering the votes. Unless Wilwa appears and all three of her, you, and I vote for Inzil, Sally's getting lynched regardless. And I'm not even certain I want to vote Inzil! I'm just bothered by Rikae's vote and I'm not even sure why - no, wait, actually, I just thought of something. Inzil was the first person to vote; it wasn't necessarily mandatory that she jump on his vote at that point; I could easily be wrong here, but I don't recall Rikae being overly suspicious of Sally then. Given that Inzil could be wrong, even as a probably-dreamt ordo, why jump on his vote that quickly?

I am worried by Rikae's vote, yes. And also by Sally's, in that, as I said, it would have been a very risky one for a wolf who planned on surviving.
Old 10-15-2014, 04:57 AM   #188
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post

First time I'm awake for DL, how about that.

Because if seers mean anything at all, Inzil is innocent, and therefore a wrong vote from him would have doomed us already. Because if Inzil is right, we'll be in the same situation toMorrow, and I don't wish to create more confusion.
There is no innocent reason to wait around hoping for something better (as you apparently did).
Old 10-15-2014, 05:12 AM   #189
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
First time I'm awake for DL, how about that.

Because if seers mean anything at all, Inzil is innocent, and therefore a wrong vote from him would have doomed us already. Because if Inzil is right, we'll be in the same situation toMorrow, and I don't wish to create more confusion.
There is no innocent reason to wait around hoping for something better (as you apparently did).
Gotta wonder if Sally isn't a sacrificial wolf, now, and this is a setup for a win tomorrow. Last post from me tonight, but I wanted to get that put there before DL.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:15 AM   #190
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Gotta wonder if Sally isn't a sacrificial wolf, now, and this is a setup for a win tomorrow. Last post from me tonight, but I wanted to get that put there before DL.
Look, if an innocent votes another innocent toMorrow we lose. If you aren't evil it would behoove you to consider that.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:19 AM   #191
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Man, if we don't lose toDay we're going to lose toMorrow because Shasta doesn't understand the situation.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:23 AM   #192
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Shasta, you better be evil, because otherwise this is ridiculous.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:25 AM   #193
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I am *hoping* that the fact that neither of you has started the victory dance is a good sign...
Old 10-15-2014, 05:31 AM   #194
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
With the seer dead the village set to work deciphering any seer hints McCaber might have left.

"Sally," Inzil said.

"Sally," Rikae and Greenie joined it.

Hands went up throughout the remaining villagers, all for Sally. Save for two.

"Rikae, though I can see none will agree with me now," Shasta said. "If Sally isn't a wolf we're toast."

"Dun!" Sally proclaimed, because if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

With Sally's lynch all but decided the village broke into more bickering about which wolf threw their packmate under the bus. The sun began it's march toward the horizon as name calling and arguing intensified. As the sun's last rays disappeared in the sky Sally decided to take advantage of their end of day arguing.

She dashed into the street to catch the first light of the moonrise. "You'll never take me alive!" she screamed. "This village is full of soft, meaty bodies and I shall feast tonight!" She laughed maniacally, waiting for her change to take place. "Fools! I'll show you -" Sally's rhetoric was cut short as Inzil rushed forward and pushed her into the fast approach mail coach. It was hours later than usual and Sally never even saw it barreling up the road.

The mailman reined in his horses, looking at the broken Sally under his wheels. She had been half changed into her wolf form when she was crushed. "Oh dear, I seem to have hit someone's pet," the mailman said. "That'll teach me to make my rounds at nightfall!"

"Don't worry," Nerwen said. "It was a rabid beast we were trying to put down."

The Living
Inziladun
Rikae
Nerwen
wilwarin538
Shastanis Althreduin
A Little Green

The Dead
Kitanna – ripped apart Night 1 - Moddess
Legate of Amon Lanc - Brained on Day 1 - Ranger
Aganzir - Scalped on Night 2 - Ordo
Macalaure - Set on fire Day 2 - Ordo
McCaber - Choked on bits of Agan Night 3 - Seer
satansaloser2005 - Thrown under a carriage Day 3 - Wolf

Night 4 has begun

Last edited by Kitanna; 10-15-2014 at 07:51 AM.
Kitanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 05:31 AM   #195
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Inzil woke to the sound of footsteps outside his home. Armed with a club he carefully opened the door to look out. There was nothing but darkness. He closed and locked himself in once more.

Just as he settled down again, there was another noise.It sounded like gravel crunched under foot. He rose again with his club, ready to crack some skulls. He peeked out the window. Nothing.

He didn’t bother to go back to bed.He waited by the door, prepared to fling it open and beat the wolves to death next noise they made. The next noise around his house was a simple knock on the door. He flung it open, his club raised high, but there was no one outside.

There was, however, a jack o’ lantern on his front step. He brought his club down smashing the pumpkin over and over. Bits of orange flying every which way. So consumed was he with the need to destroy the pumpkin he never saw the ax fall.

~*~*~

The next morning the village found Inzil’s head on his front step. A candle has been lit and put into his mouth.

The Living
Rikae
Nerwen
wilwarin538
Shastanis Althreduin
A Little Green

The Dead
Kitanna – ripped apart Night 1 - Moddess
Legate of Amon Lanc - Brained on Day 1 - Ranger
Aganzir - Scalped on Night 2 - Ordo
Macalaure - Set on fire Day 2 - Ordo
McCaber - Choked on bits of Agan Night 3 - Seer
satansaloser2005 - Thrown under a carriage Day 3 - Wolf
Inziladun - Beheaded Night 4 - Ordo

Day 4 has begun
Old 10-16-2014, 06:21 AM   #196
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

R.I.P. Zil– and well done!
Old 10-16-2014, 02:21 PM   #197
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Was gone for a lot of the day for an out of town interview, was afraid I was going to miss a bunch. Guess not

Good job to Inzil yesterday, that was a lot of pressure to put on him but he made a good choice!

The votes in order yesterday were:

Inzil -> Sally
Rikae -> Sally
Sally -> Inzil
Greenie -> Sally
Nerwen -> Sally
Shasta -> Rikae
Wilwa -> Sally

So I would think the wolves would have wanted to wait at least a little bit to see if anyone else would vote for an innocent so that they could just jump on board. As soon as Sally voted for Inzil they would have just needed one ordo to go alone with that and the other 2 wolves could have jumped on. Rikae therefore looks really good here, I think a wolf would have waited until at least 2 or 3 people had voted before jumping on.

Wolves would have probably wanted to wait a bit longer, which I guess makes Nerwen and I perhaps the most suspicious, and then Greenie is just nicely in the middle, but by the time she voted it would have been quite unlikely for the wolves to get enough votes, so I say she looks quite good just based on that.

Shasta right now looks the most suspicious to me, if he was an ordo I would think he'd have a better understanding of how the innocents needed to vote together, so the fact that he voted differently is really concerning. Really to me it looks like either a villager who didn't seem to understand what we were trying to accomplish, or perhaps he figured Sally was going to get the votes anyway so he could throw his away for whatever reason. Also could be a wolf who didn't seem to foresee that this vote would make him look bad, and again just tossed away his vote. The whole thing is weird and kind of makes little sense either way.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 10-16-2014 at 02:22 PM. Reason: edit: weird typo
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:36 PM   #198
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna on the admin thread
*disembodied hand pokes villagers with a stick*
Did everyone die and not tell me?
I thought of asking something similar! Anyhow, it's again rather late here so I can't be around for long, though I should be able to return before deadline.

I have now officially entered the paranoid phase of thinking that all of you are wolves. At the moment, I'm most curious about Nerwen and Shasta. Shasta's reluctance to vote Sally looks a bit sketchy, but so does Nerwen's. In fact, I think hers looks worse; whereas he openly wondered about Inzil's innocence and the wisdom of lynching Sally (something I'm not sure a Shastawolf would do), Nerwen kind-of suspected Sally and agreed with the plan but only voted near deadline once the whole thing was already decided.

Wilwa's over-neutrality still worries me (has she actually suspected anyone this far?), though her suggestion that Inzil vote first and the rest of us follow would have been rather foolhardy for a wolf at this stage. As for Rikae - I've been a bit uneasy about her all game (I always am), but her frustration with Shasta at the end of yesterDay looked very genuine, and since it was frustration over something a wolf wouldn't be frustrated by, it makes me feel a bit better about her. If that makes sense.

EDIT: x-ed with Wilwa!! Yay!!
Old 10-16-2014, 02:49 PM   #199
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
So I would think the wolves would have wanted to wait at least a little bit to see if anyone else would vote for an innocent so that they could just jump on board. As soon as Sally voted for Inzil they would have just needed one ordo to go alone with that and the other 2 wolves could have jumped on. Rikae therefore looks really good here, I think a wolf would have waited until at least 2 or 3 people had voted before jumping on.

Wolves would have probably wanted to wait a bit longer, which I guess makes Nerwen and I perhaps the most suspicious, and then Greenie is just nicely in the middle, but by the time she voted it would have been quite unlikely for the wolves to get enough votes, so I say she looks quite good just based on that.
I agree that Rikae's is the best-looking vote - although I think she'd be capable of bussing a fellow in a situation like yesterDay's. I do think Nerwen's vote looks sketchy; yours doesn't really, since this whole "Inzil votes first" -thing was your idea in the first place. Although I think it's interesting that you mention that your own vote looks suspicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
Shasta right now looks the most suspicious to me, if he was an ordo I would think he'd have a better understanding of how the innocents needed to vote together, so the fact that he voted differently is really concerning. Really to me it looks like either a villager who didn't seem to understand what we were trying to accomplish, or perhaps he figured Sally was going to get the votes anyway so he could throw his away for whatever reason. Also could be a wolf who didn't seem to foresee that this vote would make him look bad, and again just tossed away his vote. The whole thing is weird and kind of makes little sense either way.
Again, agreed. His reluctance to vote for Sally does look bad, especially when coupled with his queries about how likely it was that Inzil was a dreamed ordo. It looked almost like he was probing the possibility of getting someone to follow Sally's Inzil-vote with him. Then again, it would be really risky to so openly swim against the current, especially after it was obvious that Sally was going to get killed. I'm not sure if Shastawolf would do that.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:30 PM   #200
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I disagree entirely that Rikae's vote looks the best, but maybe I'm just paranoid. Sally was obviously a sacrifice, if you look back at yesterday's votes - there was never any real opposition to her lynch, considering the likelihood that Inzil was a dreamt ordo. In fact, I'm the only person that didn't vote her.

Even if we did manage to lynch a wolf, we were always going to be in the position of "if an innocent votes an innocent, we lose". Obviously, the wolves knew that. In light of that fact, sacrificing one wolf yesterday in order to look too good to lynch today really isn't that bad a play - especially since Inzil ended up voting a wolf. Once that happened, the other wolves had no reason not to hop on the bus and run Sally over - and in fact, had every reason to do such.