The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2005, 01:37 PM   #201
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Well, I have waited as long as I can and once again, I have to cast an early vote.

++GIL

- He's not very helpful
- Acts suspiciously (didn't vote yesterday, for example)
- Voted for himself today which is either a bold bluff or then he really wants out of here

Good luck to the rest of you.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:40 PM   #202
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
About my knowledge of innocents-if you are not a wolf, you know as much as I do-the three corpses plus yourself. If you are a wolf, you know rather more, naturally. I am making no claims to special knowledge.

I intend to vote; it is merely that, like most of the others, I am undecided. Even your attack, Boromir, does not make me suspect you in the least. Indeed, I am in the tricky position of having to consider accusing Celuien, who extended an arm of alliance to me. Bear with me. I will decide, and I will justify that decision.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:40 PM   #203
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
Boramir I am tryning my best to get rid of a wolf. Gil is playing very weirdly voting for him self like that. I will probely vote for gil later because of my post before . I am also sorry for not being here I had to go to school.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:10 PM   #204
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
++GIL-GALAD

Mostly because he has been behaving very strangely, which looks suspicious to me. I still can't decide if his self-vote was a bold bluff meant to buy leverage with the villagers or an example of innocent Gil strangeness. But I don't have any better suspects at this point. Furthermore, even if he is innocent, he hasn't been very helpful.

Anguirel - since it's fairly late in the DAY and I won't have time to respond to a new line of argument, can we have a truce until tomorrow? I'll understand if you would rather not do so, but I think that the following plan of action might be more beneficial for now: we should focus attention on villagers who are either very strange, unhelpful or both. As long as they are here, even if innocently, they will appear more suspicious than a clever wolf who gives the appearance of helping the village. And that makes the task of discovering a smart wolf even harder than it would otherwise be.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:26 PM   #205
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Quote:
About my knowledge of innocents-if you are not a wolf, you know as much as I do-the three corpses plus yourself. If you are a wolf, you know rather more, naturally. I am making no claims to special knowledge.~Anguirel, Post 201
Makes sense to me, I clearly misunderstood.

I think your explanation is admirable and for today I'm not going to vote for you. I say this because of the quote above and this...
Quote:
Indeed, I am in the tricky position of having to consider accusing Celuien, who extended an arm of alliance to me. Bear with me. I will decide, and I will justify that decision.
Which I will give you that oppurtunity.

The only thing that gets me still worried about you is your no-vote. You may be able to explain and say you're undecided. The only problem is when votes got tied yesterDAY your vote could have been crucial. Though, I'm not going to go solely on that, I think it's possible you did not intend votes to get tied, and two when they were tied at the very end you probably weren't around, correct? So, for now, your explanation appeases me. And I'm interested in hearing what you have to say about Celuien.

Ok, now on to the gathering votes of Gil-galad. I think those who are voting for him to get rid of him should be watched carefully. I see three possibilities in what Gil-galad is trying to do.

1) He's a wolf trying to protect another wolf. If this is the case it would be good to vote for him because this gets rid of a wolf, doesn't matter who he's protecting. But, I think it's the most unlikely case. I don't think a wolf would sacrifice himself to protect someone. Because one, it gets rid of a wolf, and two could make it easy to find who he's trying to protect.

2) He's attempting a bold double-bluff. Thinking if he votes for himself we'll think it far too bold for a wolf, therefor we would think that he can't be a wolf, thus achieving the double-bluff. I think Gil-galad is more capable of trying to pull off a double-bluff more than from other players.

And 3) which is the most likely reason in my thinking is Gil-galad has come across more urgent priorities and can't commit to the thread anymore. Therefor, he wants out realizing that he can't commit to it like he thought he could.

Now, it may be good to vote for someone simply because they won't be around, and therefor would be no further help to us. However, we are in a desperate situation, and if we take out Gil-galad today, and he turns out not to be a wolf, you must realize by tomorrow the score is going to be Villagers-8 Wolves-3, no Seer, and our survival becomes less likely.

If he turns out to be a wolf, that would be great for the village. But my thinking is most likely number 3 because of just the words he says...
Quote:
sorry guys for not posting, i've had an, how you say, eventful day, me almost commiting suicide and all, but i'm just here to say that i'm an odrinary villager, but i feel it will be best that i leave
I pretty much believe what Gil, is saying and think other situations have come up and he can't contribute anymore. Though, by voting for him we waste a valuable day in which we could catch a wolf. I don't think he's trying to protect someone, or attempt a bold double-bluff, I believe it when he says he's an ordinary villager and can't commit to the thread anymore. I would like to help him out in this situation, but the problem is, again if we hang him tonight it's basically a wasted night, unless if the other possibilities are true and he is a wolf.

I also think those who are jumping quickly to get Gil-galad out should be watched.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:27 PM   #206
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
My Final Analysis

Anguirel-The only question is whether rope or claws will spill my innocent blood...

Azealia of Willowbottom-According to the phantom, Perky's dream. I'm happy to stick to that.

Boromir88 – I am not considering Boromir's wolfishness. If he's fanged, he's one of the best night predators to have been spawned in living memory.

Celuien – Defensiveness has been noted. Took initiative strategically. Voted for Cailin, a known innocent, very possibly through mischance. Incorrectly interpreted Seer's dream on oddly thin-but accepted for some time due to her authority-thesis. Quick to take up an offer of alliance not specifically aimed at her, but at Marcolie.

Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant – In depth analysis. Only sign of suspicion is over-vehemence in pursuit of Gil-Galad.

Eonwe – Forged a double lynching of innocents. Short on justification. A slack wolf if he is one; there have been precedents for villagers of his sort being both guilty and innocent. Vote for Kuru swung me against him.

Gil-Galad – Touchy and martyring, probably because of some event in the World Outside. Probably not, I've come to decide, a wolf. Not much worth chasing up even if he is.

Kitanna - Haven't really considered. Looks like befuddled innocent to me, but then I'm a cat-person...

Kuruharan – attracting quite a lot of suspicion, but innocent in my book. If he's guilty, in any case, we're in real trouble. Wisdom needed. Should not be lynched yet.

Lalaith – Seer vote almost certainly mistake. Analysis at a few removes, perhaps, from substance; but who am I to talk? Bit edgy about her discussion of "leaders"; might cause division

Márcolië Lamen – We have a pact. She has satisfied me, I hope vice versa. Useful analyst as well.

The phantom – What passes for a rallying point among us. We're all dead anyway if he's a wolf, so I say we should (like Kuru) keep him about. Besides, his theories ring true.

WaynetheGoblin – contributed nothing of use. Sticking knives in Gil-Galad.

So, alas, my triumvirate looks like Eonwe, Wayne, and Celuien. Remove the talker and they're crippled. Genuinely sorry, o Lady of Frogs, but yours is a friendship I cannot accept.

++CELUIEN

Good night, my friends. I'll see you in the morning.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:33 PM   #207
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
At risk of defensiveness...

Anguirel - the only reason I took you up on the offer was because you were high on my suspect list at the time and your discussion with Marcolie, while not directed at me in particular, had gone a long way toward allaying my fears. Shows what I get for diplomacy.

I just thought I should explain while I could.

Saving further discussion for tomorrow as I have to leave.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:33 PM   #208
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

First- I have no clue what to do about Gil, so don't even ask.
Quote:
Incidentally, rereading the phantom's post I see a surefire way of removing myself from suspicion.

Villagers, it saddens me to say it, but the phantom is a wolf!

There. Just as our reformed alcoholic says, no wolf would dare to mess with the phantom...
Ha, ha, Ang.

Kuru, you said-
Quote:
But all that does not say this could not have been an attempt by you to be seen voting but at the same time throw your vote away.
I have yet to understand what in the world you mean by "throw your vote away".

1) I obviously had no clue who to vote for, so it was going to be a random pick.
2) We had agreed to keep the totals close, so I did not want to pad Glirdan's lead.
3) I also couldn't vote for someone with 2 votes, because that would have tied them for the lead fairly late in the voting (which would have meant a double lynching).

So who is left?

Strategically the best pick was to vote for someone with one vote. There were two choices- Perky, who I suspected of being the seer, and Cailin.

So my choice was pretty much made for me, Kuru.

I truly have no clue what you are talking about when you say I threw away my vote.

Eonwe, you said-
Quote:
for what it's worth, im a bit leary of teh phantom. it just seems that everyone takes him at his word to easilly
"Everyone" is taking me at my word?

I wish.
Quote:
as soon as he mentions his thoughts on perky's dream (zali), alot of people start agreeing
OF COURSE a lot of people are agreeing, because I QUOTED the SEER and he appears to be declaring Azalia INNOCENT.

That is very important information!

What's wrong with you guys? Do you not like proven innocents or something?

Before I stepped in and pointed out Azalia, most people seemed willing to believe that our seer had dreamed of Glirdan- who died, thus leaving us without a single proven innocent.

I'm trying to tell people that we DO have a proven innocent. It seems to me that the last people who would want to accept this would be the wolves. They don't like proven innocents.

Needless to say, I don't understand you, Kuru, nor the people who share your opinions of me.

You seem to want to suspect me for voting for Cailin when my other option was someone who was probably the seer (and indeed turned out to be).

Also, you seem to want to suspect me for strongly defending Azalia, who is probably innocent by the seer's own words.

It's like you are off in the twilight zone.

Your paranoia seems to have influenced your rationality.

Not that I have any better idea of who is a wolf- it's just that at least my opinions are not quite as silly.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:57 PM   #209
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Márcolië Lamen has just left Hobbiton.
I have returned from the village school house to a voting for lynching of Gil
I urge for there not to be bandwagoning since we will not be able to find very much out by a vote. There is something about strange about Gil I do agree, but I don't know if lynching is the solution. And if it is, then at least stop it from being a bandwagon desition as it seems like it could easily turn into.

Now, onto analasis of people.

Anguirel- I still feel Anguirel is most suspicious, increased by the non-voting yesterday.
Azealia of Willowbottom-not enough to access, need to be watched but not more than the average.
Boromir88- Doesn't seem suspicious at the moment, yet the fact this is managed still deams watching
Celuien-vaguely suspicious, less so than yesterday with the death of the other of the dueling Cs. Could she have influenced Cailin's death because of her wolvish status?
Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant- more suspicious than yesterday. Was very outright in posting towards the end of yesterday. First to vote.
Eonwe- May be just new, but has had an overall suspicous feeling. Then yesterday he cast the vote making it a double lynching. Could it have been a plan? I don't think a wolf would be so outright with the double lynching, especially so early, but still requires watching.
Gil-Galad- Han't posted much. Suspicious amounts. Also didn't vote. Suspicious.
Kitanna- Been good of avoiding suspision. I'd watch her, but at this point not call her anything above the normal.
Kuruharan-Seems one of the most helpful so far. If a wolf definitally hiding it with fake help. One of lesser suspisions at the moment.
Lalaith- hides among the others and follows their posts. Very wolvish behavoir. I'm watching out for Lalaith
Márcolië Lamen-I know I am innocent. I'd even offer my place to help the village, though it'd just be wasting a lynch.
the phantom- More suspicoius than yesterday because of late voting mainly. Less so than some others though.
WaynetheGoblin- hasn't been helping. Needs to post more and explain more. Suspicious.

Anguirel-I am sastified by what he has said but not cleared mind of suspision yet. Unless more suspision comes though through later days I'll give benefit of the doubt for now.
Azealia of Willowbottom-A likely candadite for Perky's dream. But also acting suspicious with lack of apperance. Is this a wolvish plot of hiding her in the seer's dream? If so we need to look at those who first produced the idea of Zali being the dreamed one.
Boromir88-Doesn't seem suspicious, if a wolf a talented one.
Celuien-Suspicious but not as much of some others. Played a role in Cailin's death, possibly wolvish but possibly not.
Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant- a quick acter bringing some suspicion, also very strong in the anti-Gil group. However also a good analyser, won't hide from helping. Is this goor or bad?
Eonwe- to repeat what I said earlier since nothing has changed-- May be just new, but has had an overall suspicous feeling. Then yesterday he cast the vote making it a double lynching. Could it have been a plan? I don't think a wolf would be so outright with the double lynching, especially so early, but still requires watching.
Gil-Galad- Han't posted much. Didn't vote. Then came on today as a suicidal villager. Unless a wolf trying to double bluff is an innocent with that though...hard to understand. I'll say more likely not a wolf, which doesn't explain actions, but I don't think they'll ever be explained. Suspicious but at the same time looked like almost so for no wolvish reason.
Kitanna- Very good at avoiding suspicion. I half need to cast suspision only for this carefulness.
Kuruharan-Seems one of the most helpful so far. If a wolf definitally hiding it with fake help. One of lesser suspisions at the moment for me. However some people find Kuru very suspicious so I'll look out for support with a wary eye.
Lalaith- seems to be hiding amoung us villagers, which in itself is suspicious.
Márcolië Lamen-I know I am innocent. My fate is closely tied to that of Anguirel's which scares me. However, in hopes of helping I'll accept this, if I risk my live to help the village then its the best thing I can do.
the phantom- More suspicoius than yesterday because of late voting mainly.However is a leader. If a wolf its scary. Warrents watching but not anything more yet.
WaynetheGoblin- hasn't been helping. Needs to post more and explain more. Often posts names and only that, that doesn't help. It is also suspicious. Quick to jump on Gil who we don't know the state of. In my view most suspicious at this time.

I'm not voting yet, but if I was now it'd be for Wayne.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:05 PM   #210
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Quote:
I'm not voting yet, but if I was now it'd be for Wayne.~Marcolie
As of right now that's looking like the way I would vote too.

I'm sort of lost on what to do about Gil-galad. I think it would be good to vote him out because he isn't going to be a help to us and it seems like he wants out. But, by voting him out, as I said could turn out to be a wasted day if it's true what he says in that he's an innocent villager and doesn't have the time to post on the thread anymore. I just don't think we can afford too many more wasted days.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:07 PM   #211
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
I pretty much believe what Gil, is saying and think other situations have come up and he can't contribute anymore. Though, by voting for him we waste a valuable day in which we could catch a wolf. I don't think he's trying to protect someone, or attempt a bold double-bluff, I believe it when he says he's an ordinary villager and can't commit to the thread anymore. I would like to help him out in this situation, but the problem is, again if we hang him tonight it's basically a wasted night,
Good thoughts, Boro.

I think Gil will end up getting lynched today, but I'm not going to help do it. I want to spread the votes around a bit.

So- who should I vote for?

Kuru's desire to suspect me for protecting innocent people makes me want to lynch him, and if we're both still around tomorrow and he keeps this behavior up I may have to- but I still don't think that Kuru would act like this if he was a wolf.

Celuien has a vote, but to be completely honest I have barely looked into her at all because of limited time, so I don't feel right pushing her so close to the edge.

So- nominate yet another candidate?

Of course, no matter what I do Kuru will probably accuse me of "throwing my vote away".

Well, I'm not going to pick Ang or Boro. Sure, they might be wolves, but since I do not have a strong suspicion about either I'm leaving them off my random voting list because they generally speak sense and seem to be good thinkers.

How about tossing Wayne into the mix?

++Wayne

He's the kind of person that scares me because he doesn't take up a lot of space. In addition, he looks likely to attract at least one more vote, so if he is a wolf then the other wolves might feel the need to pad Gil's lead.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:08 PM   #212
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

I can only echo the sentiments that Boromir88 expresses regarding Gil-Galad.

(I’m a bit hesitant about what I’m going to say next…)

However, at the same time, perhaps we should take him up on his offer. It might at least be illuminating. Unfortunately, it is a choice fraught with risk.

I am personally still very suspicious of Lalaith (who has again gone *poof*) and to a lesser extent of Kitanna (although I probably won’t be voting for her today whatever happens…unless she does something exceedingly strange, which, of course, she won’t now.)

Quote:
I have yet to understand what in the world you mean by "throw your vote away".
(I may regret explaining this later. Actually, lots of people may regret me explaining this later.) It’s simple. On DAY ONE if the village is spreading out their votes and you are a wolf, you want to find somebody to vote for who will hopefully not be hung (I’m assuming that the wolf is not going to vote for another wolf). That way the wolf would be seen to be “helpful” but, in fact, is just covering his tracks. The wolf can do this because the village likely does not want a double lynching the first day. The trick is to find a safe candidate and vote for them. That is what I was theorizing that you were doing. There was no particular reason to think that Cailín would get another vote. Disaster struck when Eonwe voted the same way you did. That is the theory.

Perhaps I should use the phrase “stealth vote” rather than “throwing the vote away.” Maybe it would have clearer connotations.

Quote:
Do you not like proven innocents or something?
It is not that. Well, at least for me it is not that. It is the fact that we find your reasoning to be a little questionable. I’m willing to say it is possible. However, Perky was the first (and for awhile) only defender of Glirdan. That either implies blind faith or he knew something. His later comment about Glirdan being “hostile” does not really scream “werewolf.” His statement about Zali was rather late in the day.

What I am trying to say (and probably others too) is that it is not nearly as clear cut as you make out. It is unfortunate and I wish it were otherwise, but I think it would be best for everyone if we could just agree that it is a cloudy point. Accepting Zali as a proven innocent is a dangerous mistake.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:24 PM   #213
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
it is not nearly as clear cut as you make out. It is unfortunate and I wish it were otherwise, but I think it would be best for everyone if we could just agree that it is a cloudy point. Accepting Zali as a proven innocent is a dangerous mistake
If you say so.

Perky made lots of seerish statements, and when he mentioned Azalia he said he had an "INNER FEELING" about her innocence.

I am willing to take the leap of faith that Azalia is innocent. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, but if I'm right then the village will benefit.

You see- if most people believe that she is proven, the wolves will want to kill her, BUT, the Ranger can protect her.

Now, the wolves will know that the Ranger can only protect someone every other night, but they won't know if the Ranger will choose to protect Azalia on the odd nights or even nights, which means they probably won't have the guts to try and kill her because they'll be afraid of wasting their nightly kill.

If you ask me, the possibility of the wolves missing out on a kill is worth a small leap of faith (and I do mean small). And if the wolves don't kill her, then we'll have a (likely) proven innocent hanging around until late in the game which will be helpful. Once again, that is worth a small leap of faith.

The seer brought up Glirdan for no reason and said he was hostile.

But, to my knowledge, the seer said nothing negative about Azalia. The only thing he said was that she was innocent because of an "inner feeling".

Please, reconsider this. Isn't that pretty compelling?

But I guess if you want to be skeptical of the only seer dream we have, then go right on ahead.

Vote for Azalia. Find out if I'm protecting a wolf.

I have very little doubt that after all of this is over Perky will tell us that his dream was of Azalia.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:40 PM   #214
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
The votes as they currently stand:

Gil - 3
Kuru - 1
Celuien - 1
Wayne -1

Of the four people - Gil, Celuien, Kitanna and Marcolie - I felt were most suspicious in post 175 (you know Kuru, one of those posts where I actually wasn't saying anything at all ) two have now garnered votes. Earlier today, I thought I might vote for Gil, partly because he's just weirding us all out, but I've been swayed by arguments that it wouldn't be helpful.
Then there's Celuien. I agree with those who thought the Anguirel/Marcolie row and subsequent pact a bit odd. But even odder was Celuien's gatecrash. Now I think it's fairly clear that not all three of these people are wolves but I've got a feeling one of them is.
So my vote will go to
++Celuien

And Kuruharan, boss dear, if I survive this day and night, by Yavanna, I am going to have it out with you tomorrow.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:42 PM   #215
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Before I head off to eat, I'll cast my vote...

++Wayne

I've already given the reasons why.

Just for some info, votes are...

Gil-galad: 3 (himself, spawn, Celuien)

Wayne: 2 (phantom, Boromir88)

Celuien: 2 (Anguirel, Lalaith)

Kuru: 1 (Eonwe)

Edit: Cross posted with Lalaith. Adding Celuien with two votes.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:51 PM   #216
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

I’m not going to vote for Azaelia today. I never planned to vote for Azaelia today. I’ve said that from the beginning. And I would wonder about anybody else who wanted to vote for her now too. Why are you so eager to make it seem like that is what I want to do? A simple review of my posts will show that I said I didn’t want to vote for Azaelia.

My point was (and apparently I’ve been making it very badly) is that the case that Perky dreamed about her is not so strong. You may be willing to believe it, but I’m not a trusting person and I don’t like leaps of faith. I don’t think this is one I have to make. Especially since we can’t stage a Round hanging.

Quote:
Please, reconsider this. Isn't that pretty compelling?
-the phantom
Not in face of when the Seer was alone against the village in defending Glirdan. Sorry.

Anyway, this discussion is not really relevant today (as I’ve said a number of times). I’m much more concerned about this Wayne/Gil thing. I’ve finally put my finger on what makes me uncomfortable about this choice. They are basically the same guy. How does one choose between them? I think a different alternative would be better. Unfortunately, I don’t really know who to suggest. Nobody else seems as bothered by Lalaith as myself…

Quote:
you know Kuru, one of those posts where I actually wasn't saying anything at all
-Lalaith
Because you were parroting a lot of the things other people were already saying.

Last edited by Kuruharan; 09-20-2005 at 03:59 PM. Reason: not only am I mathematically incompetent, I can't spell either
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 04:15 PM   #217
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I find it hard to cast a vote down for Gil. Yes his voting for himself is strange, but it doesn't always mean someone is a wolf. Maybe he really does want to get out of the game. Then again he could be trying to protect a fellow wolf who has fallen under a lot of suspcion.

I want to vote for Wayne, but unless someone else votes for either him or Gil then we could have another double lynching and if both are innocent again, well...need I say more?

Eonwe is also on my list, but I want to hear from him about his voting for Kuru before I vote for him.

As of right now I don't know where to put my vote. It could be diastrous if I vote for my main suspect Wayne and there's another double lynching. I don't know how much time is left, so I'll think for a few minutes and return with a vote.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:18 PM   #218
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

I was about to go and vote for Wayne, but I'm going to withold it for now for fear of people not voting and there being a double lynching. Hopefully I should be able to come back. This shouldn't be an issue. But all that aside, if someone wants to vote for Wayne but isn't because of double lynching, I will also vote making it go up (and I just set alarm for 6:45 so I won't miss voting )

Just sharing what I would do. Hopefully we won't have the voting issue like yesterday.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:22 PM   #219
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

By all means, whatever we do we have to avoid a double lynching. I'm almost inclined to vote for Gil-Galad, even though I'm not convinced he's a wolf, just to attempt to make sure we don't have another fiasco like DAY ONE.

(Of course, now there's probably going to be a massive rush to vote for Gil).
Old 09-20-2005, 04:30 PM   #220
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
When I went away for classes this afternoon I had no idea Wayne was going to get more then one vote. It had been my plan to vote for him, but now I'm worried if I do we may end up with another double lynch.

I feel inclined to vote for Eonwe, but my main reason to vote for him would be his own voting. But he hasn't had the chance to defend himself on his vote for Kuru yet. So I guess I'm going to have to hope that either Gil or Wayne gets another vote after mine.

++ Wayne

He gave no reason as to why he voted for Glirdan. Then he said we "needed to get a wolf or we'd be in trouble" but he said nothing about who he though might be a wolf. I asked him to better eplain himself and he was given all day, yet he failed to do so. (granted he had school, but he's made one vote since, there should have been time for a brief post) Now he is talking about Gil acting strangely when he is it that same boat.

EDIT: I understand the dangers in this vote should no one else vote for Wayne or Gil, espcially if there's a repeat of yesterday.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:30 PM   #221
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

Sincerest apologies again...I have returned from the depths of the village school and the black hole of work, and am here to post. I am glad that some people seem willing not to take my silence as a guarantee of guilt (thanks, Phantom!!)

Although being pointed out as possibly (and I agree with Phantom, that I *probably* was) a seer's dream is really no less dangerous a position. Who are the wolves going to kill next? A known innocent (namely me, if you subsrcibe to that theory, if I am not lynched before them).

I am very worried about Gil. I think he is innocent, but he is also apparantly in a very tough place in life right now, and I worry. Gil, don't ever give up. Please feel better.

I think I'll wait a little while longer on voting, just to see if either Gil or Wayne turn up again. I don't want another double lynching.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:33 PM   #222
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
I am sure Gil is a wolf.

++GILGALAD

I just think my idea from before is right.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:35 PM   #223
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Oh craap!

Quote:
I don't want another double lynching.
Well, we seem to be lined up for it now. I'm wondering if I vote for Wayne now, then Márcolië votes for Wayne if that would put us over the hump.

It might be a good test of his sincerity too...
Old 09-20-2005, 04:37 PM   #224
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Phew! Hadn't seen Wayne's vote in my prior post.

Everybody remember that Kitanna attempted to drag us into another double lynching!!!!
Old 09-20-2005, 04:37 PM   #225
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Kitanna voted so I have a chance to vote who I want.

++WAYNE
Old 09-20-2005, 04:39 PM   #226
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

uhoh...I hadn't seen Wayne's vote. We're back in a double lynch situation. Someone break it up. My computer had been going slow because of low wireless signal. Sorry about that. Someone break up the double lynching.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:40 PM   #227
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

I don't want to vote for Gil because what he said last screams innocent to me (though that should be taken with a grain of salt since my suspicions and hunches are often wrong).

Wayne seems unhelpful...I am not sure he is a wolf, but he confuses me and not exactly in a good, this-is-awsome-interesting way.

Out of fear of a double lynching, I will vote for

++Wayne

Because it is clear to me that I should pick one or another since they're tied right now and to lose another innocent would be really bad.

Last edited by Azaelia of Willowbottom; 09-20-2005 at 04:40 PM. Reason: clarity
Azaelia of Willowbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 04:42 PM   #228
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Double Oh craap!!

I just realized I may have had that backwards. Marcolie said he would vote for Wayne before Kitanna voted. She may have voted hoping he'd do so.

On the other hand you can't blame Wayne for trying to save himself.

This is a bit annoying.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:44 PM   #229
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

++ WAYNE
Old 09-20-2005, 04:46 PM   #230
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan
Marcolie said he would vote for Wayne before Kitanna voted. She may have voted hoping he'd do so.
Except for the fact that I'm a girl so that should say she, yes I had said I'd vote for Wayne before I even saw Kitanna's post. Kitanna and I both voted for the other one saying so I think. But my point is I am a girl.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:50 PM   #231
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Sorry.

However, we managed to avert the double lynching.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:00 PM   #232
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
The villagers had agreed. WaynetheGoblin was the one that would be gone toDay.

They led him to the town square, and led him to the gallows. As they put the rope around his neck, he started to offer everyone money if they would just spare him.

"I'm innocent I tell you. I'll give you all my fortune if you just believe me." he begged.

"I don't think any of us would want anything from a wolf." someone replied.

As they pulled the lever they expected a loud snap just like they had heard from the two lynchings the Day before. But all they heard was a thump.

The rope had broken, and Wayne was now on the ground in shock. The villagers looked through his pockets and found what had weighed him down.

In his pockets were huge bags of gold coins. One villager grabbed one and tossed it at Wayne with all his might, in frustration. They noticed it had made a small mark on his cheek.

They all piched in, grabbing gold coins and tossing them hard at Wayne. Pretty soon there was no movement.

He hadn't transformed, they had killed another innocent.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Living:

Anguirel
Azealia of Willowbottom
Boromir88
Celuien
Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant
Eonwe
Gil-Galad
Kitanna
Kuruharan
Lalaith
Márcolië Lamen
the phantom

Dead:
wilwarin538 (mod) - glued in pieces to a wall Night 1.
Cailin (ord) - lynched by villagers on Day 1
Glirdan (ord) - Also lynched by villagers on Day 1
The Perky Ent (seer) - eyes replaced by his own spices on Night 2
WaynetheGoblin(ord) - Coined by villagers on Day 2

Score:
Villagers: 9
Werewolves: 3

It is now Night 3. I need a name from the Ranger, Hunter and the Werewolves. Please send the names also to Alcarillo. There is a possiblity he might have to cover for me tomorrow. Thank you.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:55 PM   #233
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
The villagers did as they did every morning. They gathered in the town square happy to see that they were still alivve, but scared to see who wasn't.

They soon realised it was Celuien that was missing.

They gathered in a small group and walked to her house. Quickly hearing the sound of frogs. They wandered through the living room and into the room Celuien called her "frog room".

On the far wall was a large tank half filled with water and lots of rocks.

Thats where she was. She had been stuffed in and drowned. All of her frogs jumping on top of her.

Another ordinary villager was gone.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Living:

Anguirel
Azealia of Willowbottom
Boromir88
Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant
Eonwe
Gil-Galad
Kitanna
Kuruharan
Lalaith
Márcolië Lamen
the phantom

Dead:
wilwarin538 (mod) - glued in pieces to a wall Night 1.
Cailin (ord) - lynched by villagers on Day 1
Glirdan (ord) - Also lynched by villagers on Day 1
The Perky Ent (seer) - eyes replaced by his own spices on Night 2
WaynetheGoblin(ord) - Coined by villagers on Day 2
Celuien(ord) - croked on Night 3

Score:
Villagers: 8
Werewolves: 3

It is now Day 3. Wolves stop PMing. Villagers, lynch away.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:59 PM   #234
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
after looking at the posts,Anguirel has made me very mad at his... and i have to vote now because its the only chance i have, people will blame me for voting to soon, well its the only chance i have

++Anguirel
Old 09-21-2005, 05:03 PM   #235
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots I used to think lists were really campy...

...now I kind of like them.

Anguirel- In his favor it can be said that (in some ways) he was less strange. He was at least present and offering ideas. However, the way he behaved was still odd (as I believe I observed at the time). He requires watching. I certainly would not object to a serious inquisition…uhh, I mean investigation into him toDAY.

Azaelia- Still hard to get a read on. She did help break up the possible double lynch. (phantom read this next bit) I’m not too suspicious of her at this moment.

Boromir88- I am more suspicious of him toDAY than I was yesterDAY. I don’t suspect him too much, but he is definitely on the radar. Playing a prominent role in lynching an innocent is never a good thing. I’m also beginning to find his not finding anything useful in DAY ONE’s voting suspicious. It almost seems like he didn’t want anybody else to find anything there.

Spawn- I’m wary of her. Didn’t say a whole lot to get noticed yesterDAY. This causes the alarms to go off in my head. Needs watching. The relative paucity of things I have to say about her is also worrying.

Eonwe- Suspicious. Does not explain anything. Just acts and expects others to follow along. Later actions will sometimes contradict earlier actions and still no explanation is given. This is very suspicious behavior. Requires watching and may require a vote.

Gil-Galad- Strange. Unhelpful. Suicidal. In some ways the village would be better off if he were dead even if he is a villager. He’s hanging over us like a cloud. And now he is being weird again.

Kitanna- Still suspicious. She early and repeatedly voiced suspicions about Wayne (posts 142, 155). However, on the other hand, so was most everybody else. She was, perhaps, initially more consistent about it. Her behavior at the end of yesterDAY is open to a little interpretation. She will, of course, say that she was attempting to offer Marcolië an opportunity. Even so it nearly caused a mess. I still think she requires watching.

Kuruharan- Innocent. Was one of the first (after our Seer of blessed memory) to say I thought Glirdan was innocent. Argued on DAY ONE against lynching Azaelia, even though that would have been a very safe vote for a werewolf. I was not comfortable with the choice presented to us on DAY TWO (as I said in post 216) but was driven into that choice by necessity. Even so, on DAY TWO I did everything I could to prevent another double lynching, even to the point of voting for Wayne last (and slightly unnecessarily) both to drive home the point of avoiding another double lynching and just to be on the safe side.

Lalaith- Suspicious. Unfortunately, nobody else seems to share my view of her. Never really contributes anything that original to the discussion and hardly ever comments at all. She may be attempting to position herself to try and have me lynched and then when it is seen that I am innocent say something to the effect of, “well he started it.” I really wish some other people would take a serious look at her.

Marcolië Lamen- She is now on my Suspicious list. Seems helpful. However, this almost makes me uneasy. Was involved in that silly farce with Anguriel. Was also involved in the situation that almost lead to a double lynching.

the phantom- Suspicious. He derided me most of the DAY yesterDAY for criticizing his voting on DAY ONE until I carefully explained to him the werewolf strategy I thought he might have been employing. He suddenly shut up about that. He also seemed to want to spend most of yesterDAY arguing with me about the status of the Seer’s dream and Azaelia, even though I repeatedly tried to point out that it wasn’t really relevant to the DAY’s discussion. He also accused me of wanting to lynch Azaelia, which I repeatedly said I didn’t. He also showed one or two traces of the old “hysterical phantom under fire” routine (posts 163, 208) but this may speak in his favor…or it might not. First to actually vote for Wayne yesterDAY, although people had been threatening for some time. I’m not convinced he’s a wolf (partly because I think it depends on Eonwe) but I do not like the way he has been acting.

What are we going to do about Gil-Galad?

I think we need to look at the people who were involved in that little ruckus at the end of the vote yesterDAY (yes, that includes myself) because we nearly had another fiasco and I think at least one wolf was possibly involved in it. However, it may also just have been due to circumstances beyond our control since Gil-Galad was pretty far ahead when votes started to roll in for Wayne and you could not expect Wayne to vote for himself.

Those of us were:
Kuruharan
Kitanna
Márcolië Laman
Azaelia

I think Kitanna and Márcolië Laman make more likely wolf candidates, but I’m not sure about either.

Also we might want to comb through Celuien’s posts to see if there is anything there to glean about who might have benefited from getting rid of her or if there is a discernable reason.

Again I reserve the right to change this at the drop of a hat.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:57 PM   #236
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
He also seemed to want to spend most of yesterDAY arguing with me about the status of the Seer’s dream and Azaelia, even though I repeatedly tried to point out that it wasn’t really relevant to the DAY’s discussion
Well, all I can say is that I had my reasons.

You see, I was hoping to get everyone's stamp of innocence on Azalia because then she would be a big juicy wolf target- and also be someone for the Ranger to protect. I wanted to set up that situation to see if we couldn't get the wolves to waste a kill by getting foiled by the Ranger.

That's why I wanted your stamp, Kuru.

But don't worry- I promise I won't mention it any more today.
Quote:
Lalaith- Suspicious. Unfortunately, nobody else seems to share my view of her.
I might share your view... I'm not sure yet. I've only had time to do a bit of rereading of the thread, but later this evening when I have a bit of time I'm going to look closer at your Lalaith-Spawn theory (at least I think it was you who tied them together). I am a bit suspicious already, but she is not at the top of my lynch list today (right now, anyway).
Quote:
I think we need to look at the people who were involved in that little ruckus at the end of the vote yesterDAY
If wolves were involved (odds say that one probably was), it makes it less funny and more sinister in hindsight, but I find all the scrambling around to be rather humorous, though I'm sure it would have been extremely nerve-wracking if I had been watching as the posts were made. I only went back and read them after I knew the results.
Quote:
What are we going to do about Gil-Galad?
That is the main question I came into today with.
Quote:
He’s hanging over us like a cloud
Yes.

As much as I tell myself to find another suspect, I don't see how we can possibly keep him alive for much longer.

If he is innocent, the wolves certainly aren't going to kill him. He's too suspicious. So he'll just hang around, a continual lingering doubt in our minds.

But if he is a wolf, we are going to feel extremely foolish for not killing him when it made sense to.

I'll be back to say more in about three or four hours.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:12 PM   #237
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
Boromir88- I am more suspicious of him toDAY than I was yesterDAY. I don’t suspect him too much, but he is definitely on the radar. Playing a prominent role in lynching an innocent is never a good thing.~Kuru
Of course it isn't and I regret playing that role. I can't deny that I vocalized suspicions on Wayne, because I did. His actions appeared wolfish to me. I may have been one have the main driving forces and for that I can take the blame. But, just remember, my vote only counts as 1, not 6...and you were one of those. Though it appears to avoid another disastrous double-lynching.

Also, on the other thing...
Quote:
I’m also beginning to find his not finding anything useful in DAY ONE’s voting suspicious. It almost seems like he didn’t want anybody else to find anything there.
I said I couldn't find any usefulness coming out of them, doesn't mean that others couldn't have looked and found something. Never said we shouldn't look at the votes, I just wrote out my thoughts that the votes seemed random and I doubt we could find anything, because everyone just seemed to vote randomly. People, if having a reason to vote was strategical in when they voted, or in that matter didn't vote achieving a double-lynching. And I do remember many people drawing suspicions off of Day 1's votes, so even if I was trying to hide something it didn't work to well.

Anyway, I'll go through yesterdays events and post my thoughts as usual.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:09 PM   #238
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Kuru and teh rest of my fellow villagers, indeed i have unexplained bussiness. i only had around 5-10 minutes to post (and vote) yesterDay, so i was force to go with a nagging suspicion. So i voted for kuru.

Quote:
orig. kuru

Eonwe- Suspicious. Does not explain anything. Just acts and expects others to follow along. Later actions will sometimes contradict earlier actions and still no explanation is given. This is very suspicious behavior. Requires watching and may require a vote.
for the record, i don't expect others to follow along. i'm just getting the hang of things in the village, and it would be rash to put myself foward as a leader in stratagems, etc. this being my first time. anyway, i am a bit peeved at myself, especially after i asked others for reasons . but like i said i didn't really have too much rock solid evidence (like ther is an abundance of that!) and just voted my current suspicion. we are still trying to get as many people to vote as possible, right? right.....

as for zali, im willing to take her at her word. i think she comes in serious competition with Sauron for Base Master of Treachery if she would lie about real life issues. and i don't think a wolf would forget about the game, given their prominent role. that combined with some compelling evidence put forth by our late Seer. so for my part, she is marked down as "innocent".

maybe for lack of better insight, i just have no good feelings about some of our "leaders". all i can say is, if they are wolves, they are pulling the wool over our eyes very nicely. and if i was a wolf, my first kills would be anyone who had any opinion at all. i would leave other less prominent peole for lynching or killing at my liesure. if anyone has some insight as to why Celuien was killed, i would be very apreciative, because i cannot figure it at this late hour.

anyway, im off to bed

edited: soon after. reason: clarity.

Last edited by Eonwe; 09-21-2005 at 09:15 PM.
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 10:36 PM   #239
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Well, there's certainly not a lot of action so far today.
Quote:
if anyone has some insight as to why Celuien was killed, i would be very apreciative, because i cannot figure it
If I knew who the wolves were I would likely be able to tell you why they killed Celuien based on their experience, character, and everyone's accusations and defenses.

But since we don't know who the wolves are, the best we can do is guess.

(all of this info is from a quick little chart I've been making as I go on a scratch sheet of paper, so there might be slight mistakes- so don't suspect me of trying to fool people if I have something wrong)
DAY 1- Celuien's biggest suspects were Gil and Glirdan, and she voted for Cailin.
DAY 2- Celuien's biggest suspects were Gil, Anguirel, and Wayne, and she voted for Gil. She defended Kuru, Boromir, and the phantom. She received a vote from Anguirel.

Reasons for killing-
1) She was on the right track with her suspicions. This would make Gil and/or Ang guilty.
2) She was putting her trust in the correct people. This would make Kuru, Boromir, and/or the phantom innocent.
3) She was neither strongly suspecting nor strongly defending any wolves at all, thus leaving no obvious trail or reasoning behind her death. This would make Spawn, Lalaith, Eonwe, Kitanna, and/or Marc guilty.

But then, of course, there is the layer of bluffing that always underlies the obvious answers. The wolves could be doing a bluff based upon any of the above options, in which case the conclusion of guilt/innocence would be the exact opposite.

Anyway, I don't know if all that was a help to anyone- but there it is.

Personally, I think option 3 is the most likely. If I had to bet, I'd bet that there are at least two wolves in that group of names.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:54 AM   #240
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Right, first off, I've been thinking about why I'm looking suspicious to some people and I've realised that I'm at a serious time zone disadvantage.
This is the first game I've played that wasn't on GMT and it really makes a difference, particularly as I think most of you are on EST. By the time I get on, most of you have been up and posting for hours, and most things I want to say have already been said by someone else at some point.
Of course, my dear boss wouldn't be satisfied even if I presented him with the names of all three wolves, the Ranger, the Hunter, the Cursed Villager, the Keys of Barad-Dur, the crowns of seven kings and the rods of the Five Wizards. *glares at Kuru*
But enough of that. What on earth was going on in those final hours of voting last night? Could someone who was involved explain to the rest of us? I'll be looking at all you guys very closely. I was already suspicious of a couple of those involved, anyway.
And, before anyone else mentions it, I am going to say that yes, I had noticed that people I vote for keep getting killed by wolves. The Perky thing, fair enough, the wolves obviously had spotted him for a Seer, but Celuien, well that just looks like a frame-up and a wind-up to boot.
What kind of horrible wolf would play such a trick?
*glares at Kuru even harder*