The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2009, 03:56 AM   #121
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwy
But did ye no' get to be a spyin' o' any on us Night One?
Nope. Night 2 was me first spyin' an' those maggots went an' killed me. What I find an interesting question is whether or not them mutineers guessed me identity.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:57 AM   #122
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Arr, by me best reckoning the poor dead powder-monkey be tellin' the truth, most like.

Shiver me timbers! 'Tis early on to be sailin' into sich foul weather!

EDIT:X'd with A Little Dead.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:06 AM   #123
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Nope. Night 2 was me first spyin' an' those maggots went an' killed me. What I find an interesting question is whether or not them mutineers guessed me identity.
Would they ha' known ye got no chance at spyin' along o' Night One, think ye?

It be main important whether them rats o' mutineers could ha' seen anythin' significacious in yer a-votin' o' Shark Tooth.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:21 AM   #124
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Would they ha' known ye got no chance at spyin' along o' Night One, think ye?

It be main important whether them rats o' mutineers could ha' seen anythin' significacious in yer a-votin' o' Shark Tooth.
Arr, hmmm, that be interesting indeed - I don't remember anything in the threads that says the spy isn't allowed t' spy on Night 1, 'twas only told to me, methinks. Not sure 'bout it, though. As fer Shark Tooth - at first I considered spyin' on him but thought that mehbe I'd be able to get him figured during th' Day, whereas the likes o' ye I never can. It be an interesting option that them maggots thought I had been a-dreamin' o' Shasty already on Night 1 - not sure how probable, but an option, aye.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:30 AM   #125
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Arr! T'seems it'll be jus' me n' slasher doin t' powder now!
Na' only 'tat but she says 'tat be t' spy. Now what say ye! D'ye think she could be? If she isn't 'ten I dun' thin' they'd a-be revealin' so early, so I don' thin' there'll be a challenge, which means we'll just ha'e to ma'e shure we don' trust 'er too much.

Either th' aggressors be a lucky crew, or they be a sharp lot, and if 'tey be t' second, 'ten we have little 'hope.

An' thar be no rum. What sh'd we do!

'Tis a bad start t' be sure.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:31 AM   #126
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I been a-readin' tis thread, but I be needin' t'go soon.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:41 AM   #127
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Sadly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn in the rules
The game will start with a Night phase (there will be no dream on Night 1).
It's more than probable that at least one o' those vermins had read that. So I'm afraid they couldn't read anything spyish in that poor bygone drunkard's talk yesterDay. So they just got marvellously lucky.

But it still troubles me... soo lucky they were indeed! I can smell a rat here - but is it just the overall condition of hygiene around?

Fex. even if it'd be just having fun beside a fresh corpse so natural around here, it's interesting he should make that - I mean why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Tooth
Obv'sly I keelhauled Little Drunk Green cauz she'm suspectin' me.
Now that happened before this rum-addict told she was the spy which would kind of make the joke lighter but it looks like a precautionary measure anyway.

Needs to be remembering what that drunkard said yesterDay before making any further remarks on a dead sailor - and those maggots who laid waste our rum! For there is no worse crime than condemning decent pirates to forced soberness!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:49 AM   #128
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Na' only 'tat but she says 'tat be t' spy. Now what say ye! D'ye think she could be? If she isn't 'ten I dun' thin' they'd a-be revealin' so early, so I don' thin' there'll be a challenge, which means we'll just ha'e to ma'e shure we don' trust 'er too much.
Trust this matey, she's no mutineer. She might be a co-conspirator - and that's a real and existing chance. But if she's not one of those, then why not reveal it? In that case she has nothing to loose or gain from remining in hiding.

But if she'd be a cursed co-conspie' the real spy knows it now - and should remain silent about it for then it surely is just Greenie trying to fish her/him to the fore and to reveal her/himself.

At the moment I don't think it matters much what we think or believe about her alignment, but it may become an issue later...
Old 06-16-2009, 04:50 AM   #129
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Arr, hmmm, that be interesting indeed - I don't remember anything in the threads that says the spy isn't allowed t' spy on Night 1, 'twas only told to me, methinks. Not sure 'bout it, though. As fer Shark Tooth - at first I considered spyin' on him but thought that mehbe I'd be able to get him figured during th' Day, whereas the likes o' ye I never can. It be an interesting option that them maggots thought I had been a-dreamin' o' Shasty already on Night 1 - not sure how probable, but an option, aye.
If yon Shark Tooth be a mutineer, there be more on'em along o' them as hanged Slippery McCabbie Dagger, ye may lay to it. He wou'd ha' looked main like a spy to the likes o' they.

That's if Slippery's sperrit be an honest 'un... an he were a sneakin' bilge rat in life. Could always have been a mutineer-on-mutineer suspicion.

Arr, this be no easy course to steer!

EDIT:X'd with Mr Fashionably Late (twice).
Old 06-16-2009, 05:06 AM   #130
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
At the moment I don't think it matters much what we think or believe about her alignment, but it may become an issue later...
Just to give my two cents on it.

Meself trusts that old drunkard more than any of you cretins onboard for the fact that she ain't no mutineer and thence doesn't fool us with knowledge of what she's doing. She maybe a co-conspie, but even then she can give us either good or bad advice as she doesn't know more than we do. So a pinch of salt taken with whatever she says, but a little less than I take with anything you other sea-faring rascals say.

Last edited by Nogrod; 06-16-2009 at 05:51 AM. Reason: bad typos...
Old 06-16-2009, 05:47 AM   #131
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Needs to be remembering what that drunkard said yesterDay before making any further remarks on a dead sailor - and those maggots who laid waste our rum! For there is no worse crime than condemning decent pirates to forced soberness!
The lass said little enow, an' it were mostly of a jokin' natur'.

#10. (Replyin' to th' infected quartermaster.)
Quote:
Aye! What d'ye want me t' say? Th' ones that be guilty o' th' murder o' me cap'n oughta walk th' plank 'n' get acquainted with th' sharks!
#37. (The second part be a reply to the misshapen gunner who were axin' about th' sperrits– the ghosts, I mean, no' the rum.)
Quote:
*burp*

Seriously, though, we need t' get serious wi' this if we want t' find th' scum that killed th' cap'n. Th' problem wi' th' likes o' me be that I don't know where t' start th' serious talk. Th' sole thing that comes to me mind is that I don't be likin' th' amount of sailors hidin' in their bunks. Whar be Sally? Izzy? Wilwa? Or me powder monkey -comrade Gwathy?

(Ye love th' word 'arr', don't ye?) Dunno if thar be much we can do about those. 'Tis a bit disturbin' that we don't be knowin' whether or not we made th' righ' person walk th' plank -'n' we won't be knowin' how many mutineers we still have amongst us either.
#42. (To quartermaster again.)
Quote:
Me, o' course. Ye be infected, ye know. No un wants t' kiss an infected un.

#60. (To Cowerin' Gwath Slasher– he were a-threatenin' of her fer callin' him a powder-monkey, which he be, the lubber!)
Quote:
D'ye reckon I be frightened? I be no dog, I be th' famous Lil' Green the Staggerin' Drunk, an' ye deserve t' be called Gwathy just fer callin' me dog!

I be uneasy 'bout that ol' Shark Tooth - he seems to be fishin' fer an easy lynch of a potentially dangerous sailor. I be goin' to me bunk soon, an' will snore o'er th' decision time. I ain't sure o' who t' vote, but it'll probably be fer ol' Shasty fer th' thingy I just mentioned - unless there'll be a better un emergin' in a minute.
#61.
Quote:
Crap - I'd have hoped t' find a few opinions afore handin' o'er me vote, but no can do. I be goin' t' sleep away me drunkenness now. G'night! *hiccups*

++ Shark Tooth Shasty
That be all.

EDIT:fixed bolding.

Last edited by Nerwen; 06-16-2009 at 05:51 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:48 AM   #132
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Why'd ye mutinous dogs ha' t' do awy w' t' Green One by usin' up th' rum? No blade or rope be gud enough?
Anyway, I be agreein' tha' Staggerin' Green be surely no conspirator. Claimin' t' be th' Spy, though.....if it'd ben' me I'd a waited a bit afore I said that. Cud' a ben' useful if one o' th' bad 'uns made a false claim.
Some readin' be in order t'day. Mayhap I'll make some sense o' this sorry business.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:08 AM   #133
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Arrr! The spy be gone? Not to mention the rum? Arrr, I say, Arrrr!

Me sees no reason not to believe the Little Green at this point. She could be a conspiraterr putting herrself into the best position to discredit the real spy (or maybe even flush him out), but most likely, we're having a problem now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALG
I was spyin' ye, as it happens, and ye be innocent or a co-conspirator, dunno which.
Ye can't distinguish the two in yer dreams? Arrr, I say. Still no def'nit' knowledge to be had. Well, at least somethin'...

Arrright, I shall have a look at yesterDay's voting later, and a serrrious look at th' Nog-fella. The rat he be smellin' might hide in his own rruddy beard.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:17 AM   #134
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
WellI be back but I see ye all decided to talk once I was away so I have much to catch up on.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:18 AM   #135
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Me sees no reason not to believe the Little Green at this point. She could be a conspiraterr putting herrself into the best position to discredit the real spy (or maybe even flush him out), but most likely, we're having a problem now.
If she be co-conspirator, belike she reckons I'm one o' them mutinous dogs– but why?

Quote:
, I shall have a look at yesterDay's voting later, and a serrrious look at th' Nog-fella. The rat he be smellin' might hide in his own rruddy beard.
Aye, the votin' yesterDay be foul. But ye be on th' wrong tack wi' Gunner Nogrod, I reckon. 'Tis my belief 'twas honest doubt he were expressin' when he were a-talkin' 'bout that there "confession" o' yourn.

EDIT: X'd wi' Short Ruth.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:40 AM   #136
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sorry I have little time again today and cannot waste it on piratifying my language. I wouuld love to know why Nogrod is so suspicious of me - I made a significant effort to err get to the parley and when I had to leave there were about 30 posts none of which seemed to give any indication. I was tempted to vote for Wilwa or Nogrod on the wispiest of reasons but knowing how Day ones can go awry feared that it would be the sort of vote that might spark premature silliness and so abstained. Obviously I have to vote today to avoid fire. My participation will increase after today dead or alive, though I will always be voting early. I assure you that Nogrod is flogging the wrong horse.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:01 AM   #137
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Sorry I have little time again today and cannot waste it on piratifying my language. I wouuld love to know why Nogrod is so suspicious of me - I made a significant effort to err get to the parley and when I had to leave there were about 30 posts none of which seemed to give any indication. I was tempted to vote for Wilwa or Nogrod on the wispiest of reasons but knowing how Day ones can go awry feared that it would be the sort of vote that might spark premature silliness and so abstained. Obviously I have to vote today to avoid fire. My participation will increase after today dead or alive, though I will always be voting early. I assure you that Nogrod is flogging the wrong horse.
A horse? There's ne'er a horse on the Grey Gaurhoth, Short Ruth. An th' fashionably late gunner ha' said nowt o' ye since yesterDay.

Leastways, that be what I reckon ye be sayin', but I be hard put to navigate me way through yer strange un-seamanlike talk. Ye be ravin', I'll lay to it.

Shiver me sides, ye be in th' horrors a'ready, wench! 'Tis lack o' rum.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:18 AM   #138
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Arr! 'Tis be a mess to sort out, we know nothin' fer sure.

We know McCaber's be dead an' I right now say he be innocent. An' I be checkin' the waggin against him yesterday...It seems like sum sloppy charges war slapped on.

We know Greenie's be 'acked by the mutineers, which mean she most likely be good, an' even if she be a co-conspier'ator, it would be no use in lynchin' her at 'tis point when no one else has said they be the spy. I say we trus' her, which means fer now I also trust Nerwen...I s'pose 'tis possible she be a co-conspie, but thar be no reason to doubt Greenie, at 'tis point, an' thus Nerwen too is not a mutineer. Nerwen's status could change, dependin' on Greenie's role, an' other behaviors, but fer now...if ye trus' Greenie, I be trustin' Nerwen. Thar be no sense in lynchin' either o' them today.

E'eryone else be fair game. Currently that be Nogrod, Shasta, and Gwath...I be sayin' why o' that later.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:33 AM   #139
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:

Well, as this pirate sees it, unless another of the crew claims to be the spy, I don't think it be makin' much of a matter whether LG is a spy or a co-conspirator - either way, she knows no more 'n we do. She's nothin' more 'n another voice.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:34 AM   #140
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
A horse? There's ne'er a horse on the Grey Gaurhoth, Short Ruth. An th' fashionably late gunner ha' said nowt o' ye since yesterDay.~Nerwen
He aint be sayin' much o' anything yet today, cept fer his two cents on Greenie. So, me not exactly sure what yer point be.

Edit: spekkin' of which, this is ridiculous we be half way through the day an' whut 6-7 people ha'e posted? An' two o' them be dead an' can't vote! How the blazes are we s'posed to work in these conditions. If ye can't be here, that be fine, say it...but say somethin' for dread pirates sake! 'Tis be the most silly crew me ha'e been with...ye act like war be pullin' teeth to ask that ye come an speak.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:34 AM   #141
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
1420!

I don't see why ye be so quick t' believe our dearly depa'ted powder monkey's revelation. Tho' it be possible t' aggressors got so lucky on Night 2, th' odds be in favor o' her bein' a co-conspirator, an' her sayin' she'd a' revealed later proves nothin'. I don' quite trust those what accepted tha' explanation so easily. At least I be sure o' this: ef'n I war a co-conspirator what found meself dead on Day 2, I would be a-claimin' t' be th' spy right off th' bat too, 'xactly like Greenie ha' done. Oh well. Either way, I'll wager we'll see more seer reveals down th' line, an' we can sort this thing out then.

What worries me now, tho', are th' reactions t' th' drunk - p'ticklarly Eonwe n' Inziladun's, because o' t' way they latch onto th' idea o' a co-conspirator (ef I be readin' them right) revealin' later - plus, I didn't much like their contributions o' yesterday, either. Zil jus' gave me a bad feelin' (I'll hafta go back n' try t' pin down why), and Eonwe's reaction t' my hunter comment was mighty p'culiar. Yes, Nerwie, Eonwe was right: I were speakin' o' th' hunter, although I wasn't exactly right - if th' hunter makes a kill, we'll know more, but still ha' no exact knowledge. I'm not goin' into th' specifics, lest I be given ideas t' th' mutinous dogs.

Nogrod seems a bit confused, but more or less like hiis innocent self. Shasta, I think, is bein' set up, an' therefore no aggressor. Mac seems ok so far. Sally seems a bit off. I'm gonna hafta look n' see ef thar be anythin' in Nerwen's posts that might have a cobbler-Green thinkin' she be evil. McGhostie don't look intirely kosher. If I be leavin' yer name out, it be 'cuz ye haven' made much o' an impression. More later.

Be there any other alcoholic b'vridges on this here tub? Whiskey, ale, anythin'?

EDIT: X'd w' Boro, Gwath, Boro
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:35 AM   #142
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post

E'eryone else be fair game. Currently that be Nogrod, Shasta, and Gwath...I be sayin' why o' that later.
Be this havin' to do with my sorry vote yesterDay?
Old 06-16-2009, 09:42 AM   #143
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I don't see why ye be so quick t' believe our dearly depa'ted powder monkey's revelation. Tho' it be possible t' aggressors got so lucky on Night 2, th' odds be in favor o' her bein' a co-conspirator, an' her sayin' she'd a' revealed later proves nothin'. I don' quite trust those what accepted tha' explanation so easily. At least I be sure o' this: ef'n I war a co-conspirator what found meself dead on Day 2, I would be a-claimin' t' be th' spy right off th' bat too, 'xactly like Greenie ha' done. Oh well. Either way, I'll wager we'll see more seer reveals down th' line, an' we can sort this thing out then.

[...]

Be there any other alcoholic b'vridges on this here tub? Whiskey, ale, anythin'?

Regardin' that there first part, I think I be agreein' with ye. No sense in acceptin' the ghost's claim all of just yet, particularly since she hasn't any special information to share.

I reckon we could make vodka with the potato supply.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:43 AM   #144
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Arr, 'least as me ha'e the tirade two more show up...(what be the pirate word fer "Yay?")
Old 06-16-2009, 09:52 AM   #145
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Regardin' that there first part, I think I be agreein' with ye. No sense in acceptin' the ghost's claim all of just yet, particularly since she hasn't any special information to share.~Gwath
But, 'tis no good to seek an' inquire more on whether she be truthful or not...well me mean that 'tis no good to kill her today to fin' out if she be true. Greenie already be 'acked, an' by the mutineers, so she be out o' 'oting, an' out o' the crew count. If we wan' to kill someone twice, to fin' out thar true role, it be a waste on Greenie, as she be killed by the mutineers. Now whether she be the spy, co-conspie, or ordinary crew who knows fer sure only Greenie, an' the Cap'n (an' the real spy if Greenie aint it), but killing 'er again today would be no good. We be just doin' the mutineers job, cus the mutineers killed her last night!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:56 AM   #146
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Be this havin' to do with my sorry vote yesterDay?~Gwath
Not the no 'ote, cus ye be here an' actually war tryin' to 'ote...ye just forgot to bold, an' that happens to all o' us on occasio. 'Tis who it be fer...why wilwa, it war a throw away that be sure.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:05 AM   #147
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Not the no 'ote, cus ye be here an' actually war tryin' to 'ote...ye just forgot to bold, an' that happens to all o' us on occasio. 'Tis who it be fer...why wilwa, it war a throw away that be sure.
Aye, that it were, and I'm not proud of it either. I felt like I had to show I was at least tryin' to vote and Wilwa had made a throwaway vote earlier herself, so I reckoned it would be appropriate to make a throwaway vote on her.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:28 AM   #148
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
I don't see why ye be so quick t' believe our dearly depa'ted powder monkey's revelation. Tho' it be possible t' aggressors got so lucky on Night 2, th' odds be in favor o' her bein' a co-conspirator, an' her sayin' she'd a' revealed later proves nothin'.
Aye, but ye mark, I know she be right 'bout me. An' it seems to me that a dead co-conspirator would be tryin' main hard to lynch some-un as she reckoned were innocent, or else a claimin' that some-un as she reckoned were a mutineer were clean. An' I be thinkin' I ain't done much to look like one o' them scurvy bilge rats.

Quote:
At least I be sure o' this: ef'n I war a co-conspirator what found meself dead on Day 2, I would be a-claimin' t' be th' spy right off th' bat too, 'xactly like Greenie ha' done.
Arr, ye be wise beyond yer years, young Puffy Shift. 'Tis what I'd do meself.

Quote:
worries me now, tho', are th' reactions t' th' drunk - p'ticklarly Eonwe n' Inziladun's, because o' t' way they latch onto th' idea o' a co-conspirator (ef I be readin' them right) revealin' later - plus, I didn't much like their contributions o' yesterday, either. Zil jus' gave me a bad feelin' (I'll hafta go back n' try t' pin down why), and Eonwe's reaction t' my hunter comment was mighty p'culiar.
Aye, I be trusting them two just as far as I can see 'em (which ain't too far).

Quote:
Yes, Nerwie, Eonwe was right: I were speakin' o' th' hunter, although I wasn't exactly right - if th' hunter makes a kill, we'll know more, but still ha' no exact knowledge. I'm not goin' into th' specifics, lest I be given ideas t' th' mutinous dogs.
Now I be gettin' yer drift. But if th 'venger makes a kill, we'll have two new sperrits, an' nowt to show which on 'em be the mutineer an' which the real venger.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:51 AM   #149
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Far's I kin tell, ef thar be two claimin' t' be h' 'venger, we know one o' th' two be evil, an' if only one claim it, we know that one be he (tho th' other can be anything).

Tho th' drunk may be tellin' th' truth, I'm hopin' she ain't an' our spy is still among us. If Nerwen be guilty, th' 'vengers know Greenie be false, n' so may be quick t' support her. If Nerwen be innocent, Greenie can still be a conspirator. Either way, though, Boro, I'm not advocatin' lynchin' either o' th' two t'day. I'm jus' lookin' fer patterns in t' way people be reactin' t' 'em. Th' patterns 'r all we have t' go on.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:57 AM   #150
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Well, me hearties, I be havin' to vote now.

++Gangrenous Inziladun Jones

It be on'y a main weak suspicion, mark, but he ha' said little an' yet be comin' across summat shifty. I ha' shipped wi' he afore this, an' he be a scurvy dog.

'Tis the best I can be doin' fer now. I be needin' to turn in to me berth, else I'll be too wearied wi' lack o' sleep to take a proper sighting. I'll be a-retractin' later if I be seein' the need.

I be considerin' votin' Shark Tooth, but seems likely the mutineers would ha' known about the spy not gettin' to work 'fore Night Two. So there be no' so much against him.

EDIT:X'd wi' the Cabin Boy.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:00 AM   #151
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
A horse? There's ne'er a horse on the Grey Gaurhoth, Short Ruth. An th' fashionably late gunner ha' said nowt o' ye since yesterDay.

Not raving .... here have some cooking sherry... he did however say quite al ot since I had been around last... call me oversensitive if you like but when someone casts nasturtiums about me when absent I will respond when able....

Old 06-16-2009, 11:02 AM   #152
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Far's I kin tell, ef thar be two claimin' t' be h' 'venger, we know one o' th' two be evil, an' if only one claim it, we know that one be he (tho th' other can be anything).
Arr, it be that kind o' 'venger! I were forgettin' an' thinkin' it be t'other kind, that on'y kills when 'tis a villain he's picked.

EDIT:X'd wi' Short Ruth.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:03 AM   #153
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I've been lookin' over Nerwen's posts o' yesterDay, an' thar be some mighty fine pirate speech, a lot o' banter, an' what looks like some careful stirrin' o' th' pot w' regards t' my hunter-talk an' Mac Sparrow's so-called confession. Actually, it don't look altogether innocent, now that I look at it again - 'specially askin' if Mac be confessin', wit' no futher comment. I cud see it attractin' th' spy's attention, but it also migh've caught th' eye o' a clever cobbler as well.

EDIT: Oh jeez - that was my long-awaited 2000th post. *facepalm*

Last edited by Rikae; 06-16-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #154
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Not raving .... here have some cooking sherry... he did however say quite al ot since I had been around last... call me oversensitive if you like but when someone casts nasturtiums about me when absent I will respond when able....
I thank ye, Short Ruth. E'en cookin sherry be better than nowt!

But where be yon nasturtiums? There be none on board ship, or I'm a landlubber!

EDIT: X'd wi' the Cabin Boy.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:12 AM   #155
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
I'm not sure about keeping Nogrod alive - this daughter of his interests me, naturally, so I'm wondering how she'll react to a slaughter that way.

... What does 'avest' mean anyway?

[/B]
Patricide is not usually a great tactic for a first date.

avest is an undergarment or American for weskit...

Old 06-16-2009, 11:20 AM   #156
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Annunfuiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Poorrr Lil drunken Greenie, may ye find a place wher' thar be nere lack o' rum!

But might thar be someone needin' some teeth pulled or boils drained? Me han's be idle an' nay likin' it...

Seriously tho', I be 'round an' readin', but that may be everythin' I be havin' time an' strength fer now... Thus far those who's actions be pleasin' me eye be th' visually impair'd Nerwen (nay 100% sure 'bout this but nothin' against 'er right now) an' Legless Sally (she be needin' me help with 'er legs, ye know). Sum' 'ave been to quiet to me likin' an' ot'ers seem plain foul... But no time fer further talk now.

EDIT: x-ed with 'em all.....
Old 06-16-2009, 11:20 AM   #157
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Arr, what be the particklar pros 'n cons o' exorcisin A Little Drunk fer good 'n all? Belike 'n I don' wonder if'n discov'rin the wench's true ident-watchacallit cud on'y be good fer us!
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:26 AM   #158
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

While double killing is the only way to find someones identity it does rob us of an opportunity to rid ourselves of a malevolent crewmember. Short of a protector save the agressors are going to kill each night. They are not going to kill one of their own surely and are unlikely to doublekill - and if they did it might be as a bluff rather than a certain indication that a ghost were being too perceptive. There are times for damage limitation but we can't afford to routinely doublekill people. I am inclined to take Greenie's word for now myself.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:28 AM   #159
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I thank ye, Short Ruth. E'en cookin sherry be better than nowt!

But where be yon nasturtiums? There be none on board ship, or I'm a landlubber!

EDIT: X'd wi' the Cabin Boy.
int he salads ...and if you think there are no horses then you are being optimistic about the source of the meat but really family joke ... nasturtiums=aspersions..sorry...

Old 06-16-2009, 11:33 AM   #160
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post

-Short Ruth Mithril ~ Cook
Kinda silent and refrained. Weird.
[I]
-
refrained.... to the best of my knowledge I have never been frained in my life..is this some painful nautical thing like having one's bottom caulked?

Last edited by Mithalwen; 06-16-2009 at 11:33 AM. Reason: missing apostrophe