The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Books
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-14-2002, 09:17 AM   #1
Mornie Alantie
Wight

Location: Somewhere above earth cause people say i should come down to it
Mornie Alantie has just left Hobbiton.
Sting What was on the banner of the High Elven Kings

Me and two of my cousins are starting a white counsel. We want to make a flag/banner for it with the high elven kings banner.(Fingolfin, Gil-galad, etc.).
Since I have no time to look this up(busy making many costumes for the movie) I wondered if you guys could help. Thanks. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2002, 09:29 AM   #2
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Well, I think they would show the two trees, like they“re shown on the gates of Moria. Also, Feanor“s house had a star as an emblem.
For inspiration, check the gates of Moria in your book.
Old 12-14-2002, 09:55 AM   #3
Sharkū
Hungry Ghoul

Sharkū has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You might want to take a look into the book The Pictures by JRR Tolkien where the Professor himself gave us his ideas what the emblems of Elwe Thingol, Feanor, Fingolfin, Gil-galad et alii looked like.
Sharkū is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 06:59 PM   #4
Ereinion
Animated Skeleton

Ereinion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Ereinion
Sting

Additionally, those of the house of Fingolfin contained blue and silver in their banners. Fingon's banner is described as such.
Ereinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 11:35 AM   #5
Mornie Alantie
Wight

Location: Somewhere above earth cause people say i should come down to it
Mornie Alantie has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

We already figured out the Blue and Silver. Feanor was never considered as the high king of the Noldor because of his Rebelion, yet Fingolfin was. We also came up with the Ideas of the Trees and the Star of Earendil. (or however you spell it). Well probably just do that then. Thanks [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2002, 12:04 PM   #6
Galorme
Shade of Carn Dūm

Galorme has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My edition of the Sil has some pictures asociated with different people. The only High Elven king (if you reject Feanor) who is featured in them is Fingolfin, which is a series of red squigles in a silver circle, which has a gold circle around it, which in turn has squiggles which fade from orange to yellow moving out of them. These squigles toutch the corners of a Diamond (or sorta rotated square) shape in which everything is contained. I think someone on the downs has it as their picture.