The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2003, 12:31 AM   #1
Elendur
Wight

Elendur has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Elendur
Sting Major ROTK Spoliers

This site has lots of pics from ROTK. They tell how Saruman dies and lots of other things. Only look if you want to be spoiled.<BR> <A HREF="http://www.kojiroabe.com/rotk/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.kojiroabe.com/rotk/</A>
Old 01-09-2003, 12:40 AM   #2
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

The shot of the Minas Tirith model is very nice.
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 12:45 AM   #3
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

eleanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Very cool, but...did they call us freaks!?!
Old 01-09-2003, 03:23 AM   #4
Inderjit Sanghera
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Inderjit Sanghera has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Very nice. I presume that the dark skinned soldiers of Gondor will not be making an appearance?

"Life is so beautiful"-&gt;Don Vito Corleone
Inderjit Sanghera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 04:19 AM   #5
Pookabunny
Wight

Pookabunny has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Pookabunny
1420!

OOOOOHHHHWWWWWHHHUUUUAAAAAAAHHHH<P>I'm dying over here - that's what that noise was....<P>Those pictures are killing me! ARG!!! GOT....TO....SEEE......ROTK......<P><BR>Thanks for sharing them. I'm ooooohhh so happy now!!!
Old 01-09-2003, 05:05 AM   #6
Balin999
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Balin999 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Balin999
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>"The books are OK, the story is fantastic but it is very long and drawn out, like reading the bible or dead sea scrolls (though I believe this was exactly what Tolkien intended)" and somethin that sounds like: "i've never managed to read that much" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>He's an Idiot, but the pictures are great.

...The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, but conformity...

...Everything is possible, except to ski through a revolving door...
Balin999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 05:58 AM   #7
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Eye

The pictures are great, but now I am going to have to talk about them for another year.
ArwenBaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 12:40 PM   #8
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

What? No picture of Pippin looking into the Palantír, an eerie blue/purple/red/whatever light illuminating his face? Tell me if you ever come across anything like that...I might want a new avatar....<P>The pictures that <I>are</I> there, however, are awesome. It's January, right? Right. I'm that I'm so dang busy, otherwise I wouldn't be able to endure the wait.<P><I>*Diamond searchs vainly for a Palantír icon to post...no, still not there. I guess I'll use the Silmaril. You'll have to imagine it a Palantír.*</I>
Old 01-09-2003, 03:44 PM   #9
Pipperin
Animated Skeleton

Pipperin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I agree with Diamond18!!! They better have the palantir in the movie or im gonna freak!!!! But the pics were awsome!!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2003, 03:51 PM   #10
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Sweet.
Old 01-09-2003, 04:05 PM   #11
Fingo
Haunting Spirit

Fingo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Fingo
Tolkien

Yes! I've been looking for a big pic of Sam holding Frodo, and now I finally have it! Thank you, Elendur! My friends (even my LotR fan friends) think I'm suddenly all into slash because I LOVE that picture. But I'm not! It's just such a beautiful part of the book and *sniffle* I can't wait!<P>~*Fingo*~
Old 01-09-2003, 04:06 PM   #12
Pipperin
Animated Skeleton

Pipperin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

OK, so they say they do have it, their only 1/5 sure!!!!! THIS IS KILLING ME!!!!!!!!<BR>Why cant they show the next movie in the summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2003, 06:23 PM   #13
-Imrahil-
Shade of Carn Dûm

-Imrahil- has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Very cool! Thankyou!
Old 01-09-2003, 09:01 PM   #14
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

AWESOME!!!!!!!! This rocks!!!! Thank you very much!! You can also find the complete list of movie changes for ROTK on there!!! Its really cool!!
Old 01-09-2003, 09:12 PM   #15
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

looks like RotK's going to be truly awesome! One thing, I didn't notice the witch-king/eowyn/merry scene in there anywhere <P>Gratefully,<BR>Iarwain
Old 01-09-2003, 09:19 PM   #16
Carrûn
Wight

Carrûn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Very nice, I especially like the picture of Grima with the knife. Also the picture of Frodo with the phial - hopefuly this means will see a Frodo with a bit more of a backbone (not that I think 'Lij has done a bad job or anything).
Old 01-10-2003, 12:11 AM   #17
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

I have seen signs of the witch king/Eowyn/Merry scene, in pictures from other websites. And Besides Peter Jackson loves those kind of scenes, I don't think he would forget it. <p>[ January 10, 2003: Message edited by: Gorwingel ]
Old 01-10-2003, 12:14 AM   #18
Kalimac
Candle of the Marshes

Kalimac has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Great pictures. And I'm not too worried about the Merry/Eowyn/Witch-King scene; after building up Eowyn like that in TTT, you can't NOT have her slay the Witch-King. I mean, come on. <P>Slightly worried; I'd be happier if there were a still out there showing Pippin gazing into the Palantir. Of course it's an enormous scene, but I have an eerie feeling that they may just try to cut it; just have Gandalf pass the Palantir directly to Aragorn to save time. Of course, there wouldn't really be any reason for Gandalf to take Pippin to Gondor with him ("I think you and Merry need some time apart") but they could fudge something...sigh...I really hope they don't do that, though.
Old 01-10-2003, 06:12 AM   #19
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Liriodendron has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Ok,............................ spoiler talk......................Does The Barrow Downs have a spoiler policy? I tried the search with spoiler policy under "The Barrow Downs" and "The Movies" and got zero.............................................. .................................................. ....................................Don't want my comments to show up so I'm knocking out some space............................................. .................................................. ..............hope that covers it! <P><BR>spoiler talk<P>so when do Sam and Rosie get married and have a kid? This "coming home to Elanor" thing messes with my mind.<p>[ January 10, 2003: Message edited by: Liriodendron ]
Old 01-10-2003, 09:07 AM   #20
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

OK, I guess they will have to have the Hobbits come home, then the marriage and family, with shots of Frodo with problems, Arwens "gift" talk, Gandalf discussions, and then they (Gandalf, Frodo, Bilbo, maybe Legolas and Gimli...) go to the Grey Havens. Sam comes back (he went to say goodby) and then says "I'm back", the end. Remember, don't even think about the Scouring of The Shire, It's not happening!
Old 01-10-2003, 04:16 PM   #21
Cherie Centaur
Haunting Spirit

Cherie Centaur has just left Hobbiton.
Question

I have one question to ask. Can someone really take a close look at that picture of Shelob? All I see is cobwebs.
Old 01-10-2003, 04:29 PM   #22
Vardadurwen
Wight

Vardadurwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Very nice! That is an amazing site! I looked up all the links and had to stop myself from looking at all the changes they made to the ROTK. I want there to be <I>some</I> surprises after all!<BR>Thanks so much for hooking us up with the link Elendur!

'Now there's an eye-opener and no mistake!' - Samwise Gamgee
Vardadurwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 05:12 PM   #23
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

It looks like her sitting on the rock, with her legs sticking out. See her beady eyes?
Old 01-10-2003, 05:19 PM   #24
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Silmaril

I can bearly make it out, I hope they do better then that!
Old 01-10-2003, 05:49 PM   #25
Nenya
Wight

Nenya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

OH.MY.GOD. <BR>See, I managed to stay totally cool. Well, at least a bit. Okay, okay,I'm grinning like an idiot and jumping with joy here. So much for being non-fantical... <BR>I saw that Frodo&Sam picture yesterday at TOR.net, and compleately fell in love with it. Who gives a toss about Frodo's chracter developement (or the lack of it) when we get to see THAT scene!! (okay,I know <I>I</I> will when I get over this...) I'm allready sniffing. <BR>Agh, I'm such a girlie, how annoying. <P>Pippin&Palantir: I have a feeling that it will be cut out. They have so much to tell in three hours, that some things have to be left out. And even if that part is important, it isn't vital to the story. We'll have to wait and see. (like I had the patience for that...) <P>Saruman's death: Wormtongue really kills him?! Yay! Just hope that's the version they're going to use, if they really filmed five different ones.
Nenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 08:23 PM   #26
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Pippin&Palantir: I have a feeling that it will be cut out. They have so much to tell in three hours, that some things have to be left out. And even if that part is important, it isn't vital to the story. We'll have to wait and see. (like I had the patience for that...) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>If it's cut out, it'll definately be in the extended version for sure.<P>I wonder who will kill Wormtongue. (random thought)<P>What a wonderful post number- 666 <p>[ January 10, 2003: Message edited by: Brinniel ]
Old 01-12-2003, 10:01 AM   #27
Luinoth,Heir_of_Rohan

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I can barely make it out. I hope they do a better job then that. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Well, considering these pictures are perfectly STILL and the movie has pictures the MOVE I think you'll be able to see Shelob when she moves.
Old 01-12-2003, 06:39 PM   #28
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

*wicked*<P><BR>I have seen that picture of Merry and Theoden somewhere before I know ... what about Eowyn and the Witchking? Too good to 'spoil' hopefully ... and *man* those are some hideous orcs!! I can not *wait* until ROTK!!
Old 01-13-2003, 11:47 AM   #29
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! Those pics are great, I am *SO* saving them onto my computer!!!! AND THERE WAS A PICTURE OF SHELOB!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2003, 04:01 PM   #30
Aragost
Wight

Aragost has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Aragost
Sting

Those were great pictures. I saved most of them.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:53 PM   #31
Aratlithiel
Wight

Aratlithiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>It looks like her sitting on the rock, with her legs sticking out. See her beady eyes? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No, dagnabit! I don't see squat except maybe a claw. can you come over here & point?<BR>
Aratlithiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 10:58 PM   #32
Aratlithiel
Wight

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Who gives a toss about Frodo's chracter developement (or the lack of it) when we get to see THAT scene!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thank God somebody else noticed the character development - or noticable lack thereof. I thought I was the only one who cared that Frodo seems to have lost most of his nobility and courage somewhere between the page and the screen.<P>Don't get me wrong - I do like the movies and think Elijah Wood has done a good job with what he's been handed to work with, but SHEESH! I thought this was supposed to be the story of Frodo and his quest - how come Gollum and the battles got more screen time than he did?<P>Crud, am I going to get roasted for this?
Old 01-14-2003, 10:58 PM   #33
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

I am sure that many of the things that people are worried about will be in there. I don't think PJ wants to release any pics because he doesn't want to spoil for people who haven't read the books and he wants to keep those who have on their toes.<BR>Think of how many things from TTT were not released until after the movie. I am sure that ROTK will be the same way.
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 11:36 PM   #34
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Pippin&Palantir: I have a feeling that it will be cut out. They have so much to tell in three hours, that some things have to be left out. And even if that part is important, it isn't vital to the story. We'll have to wait and see. (like I had the patience for that...) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It's a lot more vital to the story than close ups of Liv Tyler's overbite.<P>The Palantír is very important to the plot. Essential. If Pippin does not retrieve the Palantír and look into it, Gandalf doesn't feel the need to spirit him off to Gondor. Pippin doesn't go to Gondor, Faramir dies. Not to mention you completely skip over the largest chunk of character developement for Pippin in the entire book.<P>If the Palantír isn't thrown out and retrieved by Pippin and given to Aragorn, Aragorn doesn't reveal himself to Sauron and Sauron doesn't become overly preoccupied with the world beyond Mordor, and Sam and Frodo are easily spotted.<P>Okay, I know PJ and Co. could find a thousand different ways around this important plot point if they really wanted to and felt they needed the time for more lucious lips shots of Arwen or increased tension between Aragorn and Éowyn. I could probably forgive them, too, because whatever they do (and I put nothing past them anymore) I can still read the book I have no problem with letting other people have their vision, however whacked. It doesn't hurt me.<P>But it really annoys me when people say that "oh, the Palantír and Pippin isn't essential so it will probably be left out." It's definitely essential to Pippin, perhaps the biggest turning point in his life. And Pippin is important to the plot. So there.<P>Oh, and Aratlithiel, if you look around here you'll see that a vast number of people agree with you about Frodo, and have talked about his movie characterization at great length.
Old 01-17-2003, 12:16 PM   #35
King_Elessar
Haunting Spirit

King_Elessar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

OMG, is that really Gorbag and Shagrat?? The look more like trolls than orcs, plus orcs don't have beards! Thanks for the pics, they are amazing.<P>Bye, Elessar.
I see in your eyes, the same fear, that would take the heart of me. A day may come, when the courage of men fails. When we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. This day...we fight!
King_Elessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 04:24 PM   #36
Eyowen

Eye

Sniff...does Aragorn retourn to Arwen? Is there really not space for romance with Eyowen and him???
Old 01-17-2003, 11:57 PM   #37
Aratlithiel
Wight

Sting

Has everyone seen this site?<P><A HREF="http://www.tolkienonline.com/movies/changes_rotk.cfm" TARGET=_blank>RotK changes</A><P>Spolier warning - if you don't wanna know, don't look!
Old 01-18-2003, 01:29 AM   #38
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril

I want all the spoilers I can get! Thanks for that link, Aratlithiel. I'd rather not be surprised like I was many times in TTT.
Old 01-19-2003, 02:37 PM   #39
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Silmaril

Yea I read all that... its very interesting!! Can't wait till ROTK!!!
Old 01-19-2003, 05:25 PM   #40
mordor136
Wight

mordor136 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

under the links shortcut <A HREF="http://www.tolkienonline.com/movies/changes_rotk.cfm" TARGET=_blank>null</A> the possiblechanges are kinda scary. if you click on null it should take you there<p>[ January 19, 2003: Message edited by: mordor136 ]