The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-07-2009, 03:59 PM   #561
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Guarding:

++Nogrod
Old 09-07-2009, 03:59 PM   #562
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
So right after Facebook gets a dislike button we need one for here too.
We haven't even got a like button yet.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:00 PM   #563
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
And I'm more happy with keeping Nienna around rather than Nilp whom I'm not so easy with.

++ guard Nienna

EDIT: softened the tone a bit with a few added words: I was in a hurry and it looked like I wished nothing but bad to Nilp which is not true... Sorry about the confusion.

Last edited by Nogrod; 09-07-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:00 PM   #564
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Why do you want to save her then?
Old 09-07-2009, 04:00 PM   #565
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Pitchwife, format!
Old 09-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #566
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
I don't. I said I wanted Hakon dead. Big difference, and don't try to turn it around.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #567
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Deadline. Stop posting.

Shasta will be modfired in the Night.

Last edited by Eönwë; 09-07-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:36 PM   #568
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Day 4

Even though another villager had been lost in the night, the people of Upper Downsbury were still happy after killing their first wolf, as this meant that they would only have to suffer one kill per night.

The villagers tried to recall if Inziladun had done anything to implicate anyone else, but there was very little to go on. He had been a very careful wolf.

Today it was decided that there would be a stoning. Many names were thrown about, but it soon became clear that Hakon would be the next to die at the hands of the village.

Someone thought it would be a clever idea to drown Hakon in his own beer.

"There will be plenty of time for such deeds. There are many more days ahead of us." said Eönwë. At this, Hakon looked horrified. "The village wanted a stoning, and they shall one."

As Hakon was grabbed by Sally and Nienna and dragged towards the outskirts of the village, he shouted, "Kill Wilwarin instead! She's the evil one."

"How do we know that?" said Nogrod. "Why should we trust you?"

And so everyone ignored his protests.

Nerwen cast the first stone. It missed Hakon, but acted as an invitation, and soon the rest of the village started picking up stones and throwing them at him.

They started with smaller stones at first, but soon they got larger and heavier, and started doing more damage.

Eventually, a lifeless Hakon fell to the floor, bruised all over.

The villagers watched expectantly at his body, willing it to change, but nothing happened. They had once again killed a fellow innocent villager. Their spirits lowered, and a new wave of desperation appeared among the members of the village.

And so, for the fifth night, the Night Guard took up their places, this time outside Nienna's house, for the night.

Eönwë had really hoped that they would start catching more wolves, but seemed to him that though the wolves would only kill one of them each night, it would still be a struggle for mastership of the village.

Living:
A Little Green- the village butcher
Boromir88- the village pig farmer
Brinniel- the village witch
McCaber- chief (only) miner, head of miners' guild
Nerwen- a wandering minstrel
Nessa Telrunya- the village seamstress
Nienna- the village potter
Nilpaurion Felagund- the village fool
Nogrod- the retired bourgeois
Pitchwife- the village mason
satansaloser2005- The village librarian (Mistress of the books)
Shastanis Althreduin- the village apothecary
wilwarin538- the village barmaid

The Dead
Kitanna- the village hermit - Seer
Mnemosyne- the village coquette - Innocent
Legate of Amon Lanc- the village broker - Innocent
Thinlómien- the village chief gardener - Innocent
Inziladun- the village brewer - Wolf
alonariel- the village blacksmith - Innocent (modfired)
Hakon- the village innkeeper - Innocent
Old 09-08-2009, 04:00 PM   #569
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Night 5

They had killed another on their side that day, and as the villagers walked home in silence, they were all afraid that they would be next.

Shasta had been part of the action of the first day, but after the pan that he had supported had not been approved by the village, he started getting anxious. And his fears were proven later that day, when their seer died. The next day he spoke a little, and eventually decided that he had had too much of their daily discussions and left.

He also fell into despair, like Alona. He would not talk to anyone, and would only go out of his house at night. This night, he ran around the village wildly, shouting. "Run away! The wolves are coming! Run away!" By this time most of the village had assumed that he had gone mad, Shasta knew that he was right in fearing the Werewolves.

But as he ran, his foot landed in the gap of a missing cobblestone, and he fell over, hitting he head. Everything went black.

When Shasta woke up, he saw three dark figures leaning over him, their rank breath stinging his nostrils. He took out a small bottle from one of his inner pockets and downed the entire contents. "Haha." he chuckled. "Now you will not get the pleasure of killing me." He started laughing uncontrollably, then his face contorted into an expression of pain. He took a last, gasping breath, and was dead.

--

The wolves walked on, with their bloodstained teeth glinting in the moonlight.

"You know, they're really not doing their side a favour killing themselves like that," said one of the beasts.

"Yeah, you're right, they're just doing our job for us."

They reached the house of Nerwen. She was inside, asleep, but woke up as soon as they broke down the front door. She sat bolt upright in her bed, looking around.

They entered her room. One wolf stepped forwards. "And now you shall taste death," said the wolf.

"Stop!" said a second one. "I don't want to do this any more. It's getting boring." The other two wolves looked at the speaker, and Nerwen looked hopeful. "I mean, isn't there some other way? Each day we just kill and eat one of them, How about a new method?" Nerwen's sudden hope melted away as quickly as it had sprung up.

"What would you suggest?" asked the third wolf.

"I don't know," said the second wolf. "Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew? They're taking the hob-" The wolf paused as the other two looked at him or her (there was no way of telling, as they all resembled the Great Wolf) fiercely. "I'm sorry," the second wolf said. "I just got a little carried away there."

"That's not actually a bad idea," said the first wolf.

"Let's do it!" said the third wolf.

--

It was morning, and the villagers gathered at the village square. But there was something there that had not been there yesterday.

There was a large (extremely large, in fact) cauldron in the centre of the village square, with the words "NERWEN STEW" carved upon it.

Most of villagers dared not look into it, but those that did jumped back with a yelp, and a sickened look in their eyes. When Eönwë came to address the village that morning, he saw the villagers crowding around something, talking loudly and some wailing, and went to see what all the fuss was about.

He looked inside, and saw the remains of a few strips of wet cloth. That was all that remained of Nerwen. Even her bones had been feasted upon, it was assumed. The villagers looked all around the village for any other remains, but there were none, and so they concluded that their assumptions were correct.

So the wolves have become more crafty, thought Eönwë. He addressed the villagers, the people of Upper Downsbury. "If we do not catch the wolves, this is what they will do to each and every one of us, and worse if they get the chance, until all but them are dead. We must look harder. We cannot afford to lose many more."

And so the discussions began.

Living:
A Little Green- the village butcher
Boromir88- the village pig farmer
Brinniel- the village witch
McCaber- chief (only) miner, head of miners' guild
Nessa Telrunya- the village seamstress
Nienna- the village potter
Nilpaurion Felagund- the village fool
Nogrod- the retired bourgeois
Pitchwife- the village mason
satansaloser2005- The village librarian (Mistress of the books)
wilwarin538- the village barmaid

The Dead
Kitanna- the village hermit - Seer
Mnemosyne- the village coquette - Innocent
Legate of Amon Lanc- the village broker - Innocent
Thinlómien- the village chief gardener - Innocent
Inziladun- the village brewer - Wolf
alonariel- the village blacksmith - Innocent (modfired)
Hakon- the village innkeeper - Innocent
Shastanis Althreduin- the village apothecary - Innocent (modfired)
Nerwen- a wandering minstrel - Innocent

Day 5 has begun. Post if ye dare.

Last edited by Eönwë; 09-09-2009 at 10:37 AM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #570
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

hmm, Hakon surprised me. I mean I know that he's still fairly new at this, but he was participating so much more then usual it seemed logical that he must of had people helping him out. Uh, that sucks. Nerwen too, I really trusted her (probably why she was chosen).

So school starts for me tomorrow and my first day is crazy because I work after school, so I'm definetely not going to be around anywhere near the DL. I'll be around for the next few hours on and off (even though there usually isn't alot of discussion then) and then maybe for like 20 minutes tomorrow morning, which is when I'll vote. So not much from me toDay. Just like if I'm still alive for Day 6 it will be similar. Day 7 will be awesome from me though, if you guys let me last that long.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 09-08-2009 at 04:22 PM. Reason: keep getting Nerwen and Nienna mixed up
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:54 PM   #571
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
I wonder why Nerwen and not Nog or Nilp? Nerwen was trusted by some but recently it seemed as if more people trusted Nog and Nilp. Thoughts?
Old 09-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #572
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
I wonder why Nerwen and not Nog or Nilp? Nerwen was trusted by some but recently it seemed as if more people trusted Nog and Nilp. Thoughts?
Well because of what happened on Day 3 I think Nog still has a higher chance of getting lynched, yeah we don't really suspect him too much, but there was only one kill the night he was guarded, and no way for us to know whether it was a bluff or not. Nilp, I don't know, I think Nerwen contributed a tad more then him, so that could be why.

Gonna go check out McCaber's posts, I seem to remember Sally or someone collecting them all together.

Oh, and I'm officially calling Sally....Tally Sally, , or may just Stally...
Old 09-08-2009, 06:02 PM   #573
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

So I looked over the posts that Stally and Nienna did about McCaber and took just afew of the quotes and added some of my own comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber
Well so far I don't have any more brilliant insights. Although for what it's worth I think we have time for a Legate lynch toDay, and be ready to sort things out later.

But much of my thought process is pending on what happens toDay yet.
Kinda like "I'm not posting til you all do", way to leave us all the work. What he says in the bolded part really goes against what he says here later in the Day:

Quote:
I cannot in good conscience vote Legate after I made a point yesterDay on what to do in this exact circumstance
In that same post he votes for Inzil, a known wolf, when there is no chance of him getting lynched, which really helps out what he says here on Day 3:

Quote:
Well, all that I can say is that I was right. The guarding was an extremely easy tactic for the wolves to manipulate. In fact, I would not be surprised if the Legate lynch was largely driven by the wolves to see how much they could get away with.

Considering how wide the margin was in favor of Legate, I can even see all four wolves voting him. I mean, Nilp and I were the only ones who didn't, and I'm having a hard time seeing a wolf in him.
Seems to really be trying to make himself look good. And the part about him and Nilp seems weird, if he's guilty I doubt Nilp is.

Then later on he quite randomly says this:

Quote:
And I will say that I still think The Plan was a bad idea. A revealed Seer is vulnerable, and we would have no real way of testing the veracity of such a claim.
Hmm, too bad that since our Ranger is still alive our Seer probably would have been too right now, which could have potentially given us five of her dreams. Not even just that though (since that's just my personal oppinion), but like why is he bringing this up 2 days later when it has absolutely no significance to anything?? Especially when practically everyone thought it was a bad idea and that seemed to have already been established. Considering how little he contributed this just was really unneeded.

Quote:
About the one kill: our mod said yesterDay that the wolves would only get one night kill on top of alona. Since we lynched Inzil, presumably that means that the wolves only got one kill total, which they then used on alona instead of who they really wanted.
This just doesn't make sense to me, I mean I suppose he could have just misunderstood the rules, like I did, but it was such a small contribution and then nothing from him for a while until this:

Quote:
Hakon is doing his level best to appear suspicious, while Pitchwife is doing the exact opposite. He's taking actions which look suspicious, but he explains himself well and seems genuine. I know, a rather simple analysis, but it works for me.

I am wary of joining the Hakon wagon, just because his actions scream "cobbler" or "confused" much more than wolf. Although, a wolf hiding in plain sight like that is possible, it's just not the read I'm getting.
Rather simple indeed, and I don't completely understand where he stands regarding Pitch, does he find him suspicious or no??

So I am still very wary of McCaber, and I can see myself voting for him once again.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:16 PM   #574
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
11 people left, 3 are wolves and I would be the rest of my savings that wilwa is one of them.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:50 PM   #575
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
11 people left, 3 are wolves and I would be the rest of my savings that wilwa is one of them.
And I can assure you that is one bet you've totally lost.
I'm not going to really focus on you toDay Boro, because I don't have a lot of time (like 20 minutes left now and then maybe another 20 tomorrow), and since my suspicion of you is based on just a few little things here and there that you've said that I really don't like, I won't vote you just for that. It'd be nice if you didn't vote me just for that either, you won't appreciate that outcome. I suggest you take a much closer look at my posts and maybe try to make an actual case against me and then this suspicion you have of me might not make me feel so uneasy.

I'm trying to figure out right now just how much time I'll actually have tomorrow, cause I'm starting to think I may not be able to make it on at all, first days at my school are always subject to either be way shorter then expected, or way longer, so it's tough to really know. I may end up having to vote tonight, and then if I do manage to come on tomorrow and want to change my vote we're all aloud one retraction in the game, right? But I doubt I'll change my mind really.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:06 PM   #576
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Eye

Alright, well that might be all from me for toDay since I'm exhausted and have school in the morning. Hopefully it's not the last positive contribution I have to offer (even if you all decide to lynch me toDay).

So here we go:

++McCaber

and

++Guard Greenie

Hope to be able to stop in tomorrow, if not then good luck to you all!
Old 09-08-2009, 11:22 PM   #577
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Seven hours into the Day and this is all the posts we have?

About the end of yesterDay, Sally, I still don't understand why you dislike my vote for wilwa so much. I felt practically attacked for a vote I thought perfectly reasonable; I don't see what's wrong in voting for the one you suspect the most. So if you didn't want to save wilwa why were you so upset with me voting her? Did you want me to vote Hakon or McCaber instead? I was still uncertain about Hakon and uncomfortable with that bandwagon against him, and I didn't suspect McCaber as much. So why should I have voted them over wilwa?

It's late so I really don't have time for much posting tonight, but I'll be around when I get up tomorrow.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:32 AM   #578
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots *sighs at clumsiness, but will not elaborate*

Right. So. Since my analysis from the previous DAY still seems to be relevant toDAY, I shall post it here.

One of my best clues for catching Werewolves is the intention behind the vote. Not the given one, but what he actually wishes to accomplish with his vote, which is determined by the recipient, time it was cast, whether it created a tie or broke one, etc. A Werewolf would not put his fellow at unnecessary risk by casting a vote for him when there's a chance that he would be lynched as a result, and there is also a chance that an innocent can be lynched. That being said, it is a pity that Inziladun has participated in two fatal bandwaggons, where it has indeed been proven that the recipients of his votes are innocent, albeit dead ones. However it is to be noted that on DAY 1 he cast a vote for Boro to be Night Guarded, where there was still a chance that Boro might end up 'winning'. (Facts: Inziladun voted almost 3 hours before the deadline, putting Boro in solo second with 2 votes, behind Legate with 3. There were still 12 votes left to be cast.) Had Boro been Night Guarded, and there had been one kill the next NIGHT, would there have been any doubt as to Boro's fate?

Therefore, Boromir88 is 99% innocent to me. Only the Seer can correct me now, and she, unfortunately, is already dead.

On DAY 2 Inziladun cast a vote for Nogrod to be Night Guarded. He was at the end of a bandwaggon (he was 6th to vote), and it was nearly at the end of the DAY (5 minutes before the deadline). Now, the Werewolves do not know for certain what our reaction to a second one-kill NIGHT would have been, despite already having poisoned that well with Legate's body. Therefore having a fellow Night Guarded is still a risky proposition. However the vote's placement still allows for a possible Wolf-on-Wolf. Had Nogrod been lynched the next DAY, and had he turned out to be a Werewolf, then Inziladun would have looked good.

I have no conclusion on Nogrod's innocence or guilt based on Inziladun's vote, and will have to resort to other methods.

Brinniel was the only one to receive Inziladun's vote and survive. Take note that there were not votes for Brinn then, indeed hardly any suspicion. So why? Despite the two votes against him there were no indication that the bandwaggon would have been successful; therefore it would have been better to have voted for someone with suspicion. I have not yet analysed Brinn's voting/posting, something I hope to rectify later, so my only sign so far points against her.

Up-to-date analysis to follow.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:37 AM   #579
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots Rudolph unearthed.

Um, well, there are some people who seem to be blocked out my radar. Isabellkya was one, until recently. Another one is Greenie, all apologies to her. Good thing she has but a few posts, making this a quick analysis. Notes:
  • DAY 1: (36) Disagreed with the Plan.
  • (95, 120, 138) Seemed to have homed in on Nogrod.
  • DAY 2: (218) Logical conclusion to the Legate question.
  • (290) Voted for Nogrod to be Night Guarded.
  • DAY 3: (411) Posted a list with a lot of unknowns (including Inziladun).
  • (436) Voted for Sally when it was almost certainly impossible that she would be lynched. (The same, however, could have been said of me on DAY 2.)
  • DAY 4: (482) Posted a new list, flipflopping on Hakon's innocence and moving Nogrod from Creepy to Unknown.

She seems to have avoided attention entirely, avoiding most lynching bandwaggons (except the Legate one). However his ever-changing stance on Nogrod's innocence is confusing--and troubling. Not enough to lynch, but--gah! why must there be more suspicious people than innocent-looking ones?

Cos humans are only human.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:31 AM   #580
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Boots Rudolph unearthed, part II.

McCaber has less posts than most of the dead (non-modfired) villagers.
  • DAY 1: (111) Described the possibility of a bluff with a Night-Guarded innocent and a one-kill NIGHT with startling prescience.
  • (141) Voted for wilwa for 'silly discussion on the previous page.' (wilwa had no posts on the previous page, and her posts on the page before that is regarding the details and possible problems of the Plan, hardly silly discussion in my opinion. Take note that this was also the DAY Mnemo voted for wilwa due to her 'crack theory.')
  • (null) Did not vote for anyone to be Night Guarded. (As did I, but only because I do not wish to spoil my beautiful self-vote. )
  • DAY 2: (198) 'We have time for a Legate lynch toDay.' But observe his vote later that DAY.
  • (305) Summarised a DAY 'more interesting than I had originally wanted.'
  • (319) Guard vote for Nogrod, vanilla reasons. Lynch vote for Inziladun, despite his comments about a 'Legate lynch earlier.'
  • DAY 3: (368) 'Told you so' statement. Made a roundabout declaration of innocence by stating that all four Wolves must have been in the Legate bandwaggon.
  • (435) Believed Nogrod to be innocent. Commented on the Werewolves possible thought processes. (Him speaking about submarines as possible Werewolves, when it can be said that he is, in fact, one, points to intellectual honesty. Or a moment of boldness.) Commented on the long-dead Plan.
  • DAY 4: (514) Comments on Hakon and Pitchwife. Created distance with the Hakon bandwaggon again.
  • (null) No vote.

The most striking point against McCaber is his DAY 2 actions. We have his changing intentions regarding Legate, first saying that we have time to lynch him, and then when it seemed that his vote was no longer needed to lynch him, voted for someone else (a fellow Werewolf). To look good when saying 'I told you so'? To cover himself in case Inziladun gets lynched (which did happen eventually)? Lacking more concrete suspects, and since I might have no time to go back and post it--also, no time to read his rebuttal of my suspicions --I shall cast my vote for him. As in now:

++McCaber

and

++Boromir88.

Analyse the data yourself. You'll believe me when I say he's innocent.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:34 AM   #581
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Boots Sasanid statement.

Analysis of the others with more posts will have to come tomorrow, provided you or I am still alive by then.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:54 AM   #582
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
I feel stupid.

And lost. Two of my three main suspects (Hakon yesterDay and Nerwen last Night) turned out to be innocent. Which not only makes me seriously doubt my own judgement but also leaves me in a position where I suspect one person (Sally) and have no idea of or don't suspect the rest when there should be three werewolves left... Seems like I have to look at the game afresh and see if there is something I have missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilp
She seems to have avoided attention entirely, avoiding most lynching bandwaggons (except the Legate one). However his ever-changing stance on Nogrod's innocence is confusing--and troubling. Not enough to lynch, but--gah! why must there be more suspicious people than innocent-looking ones?
Firstly, about Nogrod. It seems you don't take into account the ever-changing nature of Nogrod's playing in this game. On Days 1 and 2 he was just over-aggressive and intolerant of differing opinions which made me suspect him quite a lot. Then, later, he ceased to behave that suspiciously. So what should I do? Carry on pushing a suspicion I'm no longer sure of (or even almost sure of) just for the sake of continuity?

Secondly, about avoiding attention - that's not my fault, is it? I'm contributing as much as I can, more than many, and if people don't pay attention to me then that's hardly something I can affect other than by screaming "Heeeeeeeeeeey I'm a wolf!" or something like that.

EDIT: x-ed with Nilp x2
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:58 AM   #583
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
There seems to be a lot of suspicion of McCaber around. Admittedly, those analyses people write of him make him look pretty bad. I'm only worried about whether it's too easy once again, a bit like what happened with Hakon.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 09-09-2009, 07:27 AM   #584
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
There seems to be a lot of suspicion of McCaber around. Admittedly, those analyses people write of him make him look pretty bad. I'm only worried about whether it's too easy once again, a bit like what happened with Hakon.
I'm thinking the same thing. I think more analysis has to be done on the players who haven't come under any scrutiny. I have to go out now but I'll be back later to help with that.

If McCaber does end up being the most suspicious then we should lynch him but there are three wolves so we need to root out the others as well.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:23 AM   #585
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Well I must join those who were surprised with Hakon not being a wolf...

BUt just few things for starters.

First of all what should we make of the following?

THe last guard-vote tally was given by Stally at 5 minutes before the DL and it stood like this (leaders at the moment bolded by me):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Guard:
Nerwen-->Nienna
Greenie-->Boro
Sally-->Nienna (2)
Wilwa-->Nienna (3)
Boro-->Nilp
Hakon-->Nilp (2)
Nienna-->Sally (awwww, thanks!)
After that, at
.59 Pitchwife voted to guard Nerwen (who died during the Night)
.59 Brinn voted to guard me
.00 I voted to guard Nienna (because I thought her more safe to us than Nilp and had a chance to try and make sure she got protected)

Now you might already see where I'm getting at...

If you ask me both Pitchie's and Brinn's guard-votes look odd - and not in a good way. At the last minute they both threw in new candidates even if it was quite clear we had to choose between Nienna and Nilp.

But what does it then mean? I don't know.

I could see a wolf-Brinn throwing that kind of "feel good / look good" guard-vote to me and later when I'm dead she could say she trusted me as much as to protect me earlier.

I could as well - or even better - see a wolf-Pitchie to vote to guard Nerwen with the: "Obviously a good choice, or do I have to explain more?" and then killing her during the Night. That would be classical indeed but still possible.

I'm not too confident both of these cases hold but I'd be surprised if they both were wrong. But they both show a kind of lack of interest of who gets protected which I always find lupine.

On the subject of McCaber then.

I find it especially suspicious that he said we should lynch Legate (we can afford it), then backs off from it avoiding the bandwagon - and then emerges as one keeping the moral highground not being one of the lynchers. Managing to stay away from Hakonwagon - and not only staying away but claiming it openly of not liking it, would fit a wishing-to-look-good wolf's profile pretty well. The pre-explanation of the wolf-tactics on Day1 looks interesting as well as he hasn't otherwise made such good points about the general tactics or possibilities...

So there seems to be reasons to suspect him and maybe even to lynch him. The thing I don't like here is that were he a wolf he might be a bit more vocal and involved. But I'm not sure.

Does anyone remember who was that one who went it all through being a real submarine and won the whole thing? Was it McCaber or was it someone else? Xyzzy perhaps?

FYI: Greenie & Lommy are staying over at my place today so Greenie & me will not be flood-posting toDay...
Old 09-09-2009, 10:24 AM   #586
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ok kids really? I've already walked to an interview, had the interview, spent much more time and money in a bookstore, walked back, and made this analysis of Brinn. Where is everyone??

Quote:
Yikes, I just realised I probably have to vote in less than an hour. Deadline is in the middle of my day which is inconvenient, so I may or may not be back before then.

About this whole seer reveal thing. While on one hand it sounds like a great way to keep the seer both alive and dreaming, it's true that so many things could go wrong. Not only could there be counter-reveals, but if we are unlucky enough to have our ranger killed overNight, then we'll definitely be in trouble. I agree it's certainly something we could do further up the road, in a few Days or at least after the seer has dreamt of a wolf. But Day One seems awfully early for a seer reveal, and really just too risky.

Okay, I don't have time to say much more and I do have to vote shortly. Unfortunately, it'll have to be somewhat random; my bad since I could've done better than random if I had woken up earlier to allow more time.
Thinks seer-reveal could be awesome but it is just too early for that. Will probably random vote.

Quote:
Must really go now.

Legate so far seems the most sensible and reasonable and innocentish, so I'll pick him to guard:

++Legate

As for a lynch vote...much more difficult. No one stands out as suspicious to me just now so it'll have to be complete random toDay. A lot of players still haven't posted, and hopefully they will show up, but for now I will vote for someone who is not making a contribution.

[lynch vote]++McCaber[/lynch vote]

Hopefully my participation will be better toMorrow. At least deadline will be a bit better in my new time zone..
Guards Legate because she thinks he is innocentish unlike most others who guarded him because they vaguely suspected him.

Quote:
Yeesh, twice now I have left Day One early only to return to find the seer dead. Surely we learned after last game...but no? Looking back at yesterDay, that Kitanna bandwagon seems off. I actually can't really see why she looked so suspicious. Those who participated in the bandwagon deserve a closer look. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one or maybe two wolves were involved.

So either Legate is a wolf or he's been framed, as others have already stated. Lynching him, there's the risk that we could be falling into a wolf trap...but then again, I think it could be even riskier to let him live if he is a wolf. I'd hate to have a wolf in our grasp, then just let him slip through. That's sort of how we lost last game. I can't really see why the wolves wouldn't want to take advantage of having two kills. Wouldn't they want to maximize the number of deaths while they can?

Btw, did Nessa or alona show up at all yesterDay? I see they didn't vote, but I can't recall whether they even posted or not. Also, any reason why you didn't vote to guard someone, McCaber and Nilp?

I would take a look at the Kit bandwagon now, but it's late and I need to go to bed shortly. If no one has done it yet, perhaps I'll do it tomorrow if I have time.

EDIT: X-ed with Shasta and Nilp (who already seems to be doing a Kit analysis)
Reasonable about the Legate situation, thinks the Kit wagon needs to be looked at.

Quote:
Looking at the Kitanna bandwagon:

Nerwen is the first to vote for her "jittery reaction to Mnemo's plan." She admits it's weak reasoning, though I think it's probably better reasoning than many others give for Day One votes.

Boro is the second voting her because her reactions were suspicious and the reasons she voted for me. I actually didn't find Kit's vote for me all too suspicious. The reasoning was weak, yes, but it seems like a typical Day One vote and I also was under the impression that maybe she was short on time. Anyway, Boro's vote doesn't stand out to me. Reasoned enough and a bit early to be called a bandwagon vote.

Inziladun is the third voter, voting Kit for her reasons behind voting me. This here looks to be a bandwagon vote and a bit suspicious to me.

Vote number four comes from Pitchwife five minutes before deadline. Doesn't state a reason in his vote post, but in his post before he talks about her behaviour being suspicious, but is still uncertain whether that is wolfish behaviour from her. If he was clueless about whether her behaviour pointed to wolvery, then why vote her? I suppose he could've preferred to see her lynched over the other options, maybe. Slightly suspicious.

wilwa is the fifth voter. Says she does it to save herself, which is understandable. Doesn't exactly point to either wolvery or innocence.

Lommy gives the sixth vote saying she doesn't see why wilwa is so suspicious. Could it be a wolf trying to save her mate? Possibly, though it's not like her vote for Kit came from nowhere since she said she'd been getting bad vibes from her all day.

The last Kit vote comes from Sally. Doesn't give a reason, though earlier she agreed with Boro that Kit "seemed off." Probably the weakest reasoning of the Kit voters. She spent the last hour and plus providing a tally but contributed little otherwise. Now why is that? Seems rather suspicious to me.

So out of the Kitanna voters, in order from most to least suspicious:

Sally
Inziladun
Pitchwife
Lommy
wilwa
Nerwen
Boromir
This analysis of the Kit voters looks good. The one wolf we know was near the top of the suspicious list.

Quote:
Sorry, I missed that post...which is easy to do when you have to catch up on two and half pages from the previous Day. So you listed a bunch of scenarios for why she voted to guard Hakon if she's a wolf. But if you were so suspicious of her almost two hours before deadline, why wait until exactly deadline to vote her? I understand wanting to wait a little before immediately voting the first suspicious person, but waiting until it's almost past deadline is certainly pushing it.

And why so many tally posts? Yes, they look helpful, but you posted an awful lot of them and really we don't need a new tally every time someone votes. I think your time could've been better spent looking at other players.
Thinks Sally is posting too many tallies. That seems to have been said a lot…

Quote:
You asked who I'm voting for, Legate? Well, you'll hate to hear it, but I'll be voting you. You've made your arguments plenty, and while these arguments are well written, they don't convince me. Yeah there is the possibly of being framed, but it still seems more sensible for the wolves to make as many kills possible while they still can. Anyway, I think you're death will reveal a lot. If we lynch you and confirm you're a wolf, then we can toMorrow analyse posts to figure out who your fellows are. Not to mention, it'll prevent any double kills from ever happening. And if you so happen to be innocent as you claim, we can look back at toDay and see the reactions and attitudes of different players to help us figure out which of them are the wolves.

And I do have to go now and won't be back, so:

[lynch vote]++Legate[/lynch vote]

Note: There's only an hour left, so let's not spend the rest of the Day discussing Legate. The wolves want us distracted, so I suggest we don't let ourselves get distracted and focus the attention elsewhere at other players who could be wolves too.

I'll guard:

++Shasta

He's made few posts so far, but the ones he made do make me think him innocentish. I find Shasta is a good person to trust, so I'd like to know for sure that I can.
Votes Legate like most people. Guards Shasta because his few posts were rather innocent and he is a good person in general to trust. Notes that the village should start looking at other people so that we won’t be distracted which is what the wolves would want.

Quote:
Hmm...I think the best thing to do now is to look back at everyone yesterDay. We obviously can't make much judgment on the votes themselves, but picking up some comments and behaviours players had towards Legate's guilt could help give us some clues to which of them are the wolves. That's something I'd like to do, but I don't have time now, so it must wait.

The one-kill tactic isn't the smartest plan since it does give us more opportunities to lynch, but it still leaves us with uncertainty. We can't know for sure whether the wolves chose one kill or if Nogrod is actually guilty. We obviously don't want to repeat our mistake from yesterDay, but at the same time, we can't just disregard him. We need to lynch based on suspicious behaviour and not just from the results of the Night Guard. That's how it should be.

Btw, I'm not sure how active I'll be toDay since I am in the process of finding furniture for my bedroom.
Thinks that the wolves might not have been smart not killing two people when they had the chance but now we are unsure of the people who have been guarded. She recommends using normal means of finding suspicion and to not rely on the NG.

Quote:
One thing I realised about this one-kill thing. Not only do the wolves prevent known innocents, but they are forcing us to change our strategy. If the wolves had done two kills, we would probably continue the strategy of guarding those who are suspicious to figure out their role. That means if those we suspect and choose to guard turn out innocent, the wolves lose potential lynch targets. Once those suspicious innocents are cleared, the wolves become much easier targets, especially if they are acting suspicious. But now since we can't know innocents, that strategy cannot work. So perhaps because a wolf (or more) was considered suspicious they decided to do the one-kill so that suspicious innocents who could be lynched would not be guarded and then cleared.

I should look back and see which players were attracting some suspicion in the previous Days. Right now, only wilwa and Inzil come to mind.
Good point about the wolves’ strategy. This could be insider information but it just feels like a solid theory.

Quote:
Just some highlights from yesterDay...

First post of the Day. She seems a bit careful, not wanting to go completely one way or another. Perhaps waiting to see the others' reactions before taking a side.

Is the first to seem slightly certain of Legate's guilt.

Interesting catch, though it doesn't necessarily point to McCaber's guilt. His comment could've just given the wolves the idea.

I believe was the first to come up with the theory that one or the other was a wolf. Many others continued to state that theory as the Day went on.

Is the first to vote and vote for Inzil. Not sure what to think of that.

Pointing out Legate's comment about being guarded.

Seems certain of his guilt and very eager to lynch him. But is that eagerness because she really did think we were going to nab a wolf or was she a wolf eager to lynch an innocent?

The way she says this almost sounds like she's expecting him to end up innocent.

Legate pointed this out as a slip, though I'm not sure it is. It's just worded a bit strange, I think.

Interesting comment. But has he done that yet? I can't remember.

Comments on the situation, but seems to restrain from giving his own opinion on the matter.

It is strange she shares a moment of doubt not long after the theory that either she or Legate is a wolf is discussed.

Interesting. These votes look particularly bad from Inzil and Hakon. Very bandwagonish.
Good summary post.

Quote:
Where did this come from? Inzil, you seem to have this habit of latching onto other people's opinions.
Wolf-on-wolf? It doesn’t seem likely.

Quote:
Thoughts at this time...

Suspicious:
Inzil
wilwa
Sally

Keeping a close eye on:
McCaber
Nienna

Under the radar (and should be better looked at toMorrow):
Greenie
Boromir
Nessa
Pitchwife

Not sure:
Nilp
Hakon
Nogrod

Leaning Innocent:
Shasta
Nerwen

I left out alona since it looks like she will be modfired.

A lot of this is really based on yesterDay and before. I haven't had a chance yet to really look closely at toDay's posts and unfortunately, I won't have time to do so since I must go soon.

EDIT: Three posts in a row? Where did everyone go?
Wolf as her top suspect and innocents in her innocent category… she seems to be doing pretty well.

Quote:
How strange it is that two people just voted to guard both players I find innocent. A coincidence?

Well, I'm still voting for one of them anyway. Since Nerwen has been more useful to this village compared to Shasta who's hardly posted, I'll choose to keep her around toNight.

++Nerwen

Now who do lynch? I'm quite suspicious about Inzil too, but I'm a bit wary of this massive bandwagon against him. Has anyone else received votes? Oh yeah, me.

wilwa looks pretty bad too, but I wonder if she would act in such an obvious manner as a wolf. Hmm..

Sally still looks suspicious, but I don't think enough to vote her.
Doesn’t really want to join a bandwagon but is still suspicious of Zil.

Quote:
Bandwagon or no, his behaviour is still the most suspicious to me.

[lynch vote++Inziladun[/lynch vote]

And hopefully this bandwagon won't result in the same disaster as yesterDay.
Votes Zil. She was the last vote for him. At this time it looked pretty sure that he would be lynched but there was still enough people and time left for her to be able to start a different bandwagon.

Quote:
I don't really care for Pitchwife's defense in his first post toDay. It's the first thing he does at the very beginning of the Day before anyone even starts to accuse him of anything. Preparing a defense before the accusations are made can be a very wolfish thing to do.

I'm wondering how likely it is Hakon's a wolf. His strong defense for Inzil is bold and looks quite bad, but would he be so obvious were he a wolf? Though Hakon is still pretty new to WW and I don't think he's been a wolf before, so I suppose there's a chance it could've been a newbie wolf error.
She doesn’t really think that Hakon is a wolf. There is a chance but it doesn’t seem likely. Doesn’t like Pitchwife’s opening defense post.

Quote:
Suspects...

Hakon is either a misguided innocent or a newbie wolf. As to which, it's still a toss-up for me. For that reason I'm not all too eager to be joining this bandwagon against him.

McCaber has been gathering some attention of late, and as I recall from Day 2, he did look a bit furry. When it came to sharing opinions on the whole Legate matter, he seemed very careful and retrained in his words like he didn't want to give too strong of an opinion one way or another.

Sally's behaviour creeped me out a bit on Day 1 and Day 2. But that creepiness has sort of faded, and lately I have been feeling a bit better about her.

I find Pitchwife's posts from the end of the Day a bit suspicious, but I'm still not sure about him.

I still think wilwa's behaviour on Day 2 was quite suspicious and I find it strange that a lot of attention and suspicion on her has been dropped recently. That alone makes me nervous as I remember that is how the wolves won last game.

Boromir keeps slipping under my radar and I can't figure out why that is.
Her suspects… pretty straight forward. Makes a good point about Wilwa suspicion and the lack of Boro.

Quote:
Voting for the one who makes me most uneasy of the those I mentioned in my last post:

[lynch vote]++wilwa[/lynch vote]

We can guard someone a second time, just not consecutively right? I'm considering voting Nogrod since he seems innocent to me and quite helpful to the village.
Quote:
Why are you so sure of wilwa's innocence, Sally?
Quote:
Guarding:

++Nogrod
Quote:
The thing with Sally at the end of the day seems a little weird… but maybe it was just because I understood that Sally thought Hakon more suspicious than Wilwa not necessarily that she was sure of Wilwa’s innocence.

On the whole I’m leaning toward Brinn’s innocence. Her posts seem helpful and straight forward. She is having suspicions of people who do look suspicious (and in one case was a wolf). She could easily have jumped on the Hakon-wagon if she was a wolf but decided to vote for someone else. I would love to hear her suspicions of Wilwa because I can’t wrap my head around her.

Edit: x-ed with Nog. YAY!!
Old 09-09-2009, 10:37 AM   #587
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
FYI: Greenie & Lommy are staying over at my place today so Greenie & me will not be flood-posting toDay...
Yes because that's exactly what I usually do. But really, toDay makes me feel almost like a flood-poster! It's been seven and a half hours since I last posted and I return to find - three posts? I mean, really guys, what's this?

I have little new to say, since I don't think I'll have the time for in-depth analysis toDay. Nienna looks good to me, she speaks good sense and seems very genuine.

Quote:
I could see a wolf-Brinn throwing that kind of "feel good / look good" guard-vote to me and later when I'm dead she could say she trusted me as much as to protect me earlier.
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Like, wolf-Brinn is thinking that trusting an innocent will be read by the village as a sign of innocence? I see no connection between trusting an innocent and being one. I feel I'm missing something.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:00 AM   #588
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Like, wolf-Brinn is thinking that trusting an innocent will be read by the village as a sign of innocence?
Not so "black-and-whitely"... It's just one of those little things that may make a difference piled together with other small things in an insecure situation where someone is facing a choice...

But anyway after reading Nienna's analysis I actually feel better about Brinn - there were so many things I had forgotten or didn't just actively remember. And of the two I felt Pitchie's being the more suspicious one as it would be such a classic.

Interestingly I'm also worried about Wilwa, Nilp and Nienna as they are soo active I've probably never seen them being before. I mean it's good and great as such but... Well they deserve their win if they are the trio while we others seem quite half-hearted in our efforts.

On another issue: have I kind of missed it or have we heard anything about those people who decided to guard Shasta (Nienna, Pitch, Sally)? I still find that choice the odd one and against our best interests.

It's interesting to find Pitchie from that list as well. I mean after his strong defence of Inzil and very apologetic opening yesterDay - and now suggesting Nerwen to guard and her getting killed.

Either the wolves are making all their tactical-choices solely with framing Pitchie in mind or...
Old 09-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #589
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Interestingly I'm also worried about Wilwa, Nilp and Nienna as they are soo active I've probably never seen them being before. I mean it's good and great as such but...
Haha, this coming from the guy who's always going on about how everyone must be active and post a lot..
Quote:
On another issue: have I kind of missed it or have we heard anything about those people who decided to guard Shasta (Nienna, Pitch, Sally)? I still find that choice the odd one and against our best interests.
I think that was talked about yesterDay, at least Sally explained and I think Pitch did too, I can't remember if Nienna did. I'm too lazy to look it up for you but yes, that was discussed.

A sidenote: I find it rather amusing that Nog just said the two of us won't be flood-posting toDay and yet it seems to be the two of us having a dialogue by ourselves...
Old 09-09-2009, 11:53 AM   #590
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Dang. I'm going to have a lot less time than I originally thought.

So it seems I'm the number one suspect toDay, with two votes already and no one else really being mentioned. Let's see what I can do to answer some of these accusations, at least.

It seems some of the biggest points against me are voting for Inzil twice, both when he was in no danger of being lynched. Day 1 was a semi-random vote on my end, because I didn't think Kit looked bad and I wanted to bring up an alternate possibility. Day 2 was because I thought Legate was completely innocent by then, and I didn't want to join a bandwagon. Inzil was still my top suspect, so I voted him. I said we could lynch Legate then, but I didn't want to.

I brought up the Plan (tm) because people were still talking about it and I still think it was a bad idea. I stayed away from the Hakonwagon because I thought he was misguided, not a wolf.

That's just about all my thought processes on my actions. Now I have to think about which people look wolfy/guardable, and vote within maybe half an hour.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:20 PM   #591
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
All right. I'm out of time. My fate is your own.

++ Pitchwife

++ Nilpaurion Felagund

The first is because I have no idea whether he's being framed, is in fact a wolf, or is caught in some crazy coincidence. The second is because he's still making sense, and I'd like to see him stick around.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:40 PM   #592
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Golly-gee willakers I haven't even finished reading what happened yesterday.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:42 PM   #593
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Now I'll have to vote as I'm going to sleep quite soon. I was kind of hoping to have more material to draw conclusions from, as it is the wolves will be the ones who profit since no one talks. They'll love this Day. I hope there is a sudden huge flood of posting still to come, though that doesn't help me a whole lot in deciding who to vote.

Or, actually, there isn't much to decide. I'll go after my top (and only) suspect since I haven't had the time to analyse old posts and there haven't been that many new ones - which means that my opinions of people haven't had that big a chance of changing. Therefore:

++ Sally

++Nienna

The latter because she's the one I feel most comfortable with.

EDIT: x-ed with Boro - yay, I actually x-ed with someone! So cool!
Old 09-09-2009, 01:46 PM   #594
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Greenie- Nienna can't be guarded toNight since she was guarded last Night.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #595
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Whooops. Thanks for telling me! Luckily each player is allowed two retractable guard-votes so I can do this:

-- Nienna
++ Wilwa

If she's innocent (like she seems now) she'll be someone the wolves want to be rid of. And if she happened to be a wolf I wouldn't lament her fellows having to do one Night without her.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:02 PM   #596
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Also with Boro I'm a bit uneasy with this kind of throw-aways:
First of all I don't think I never said I was innocent before this post (I think I said it toDay though) not to talk of me requiring you to think of me as one. Well I am innocent (second call), but I can't require you to believe me just by my word or by any dubious standard relating on how the wolves choose to play their game ot not. The problem with this is that you make it look like I have claimed innocense because of that Night's actions which I haven't and thence trying to claim something which basically a wolf would try to claim. But if you were a wolf wishing to see me lynched that would actually be the exact subtle way of trying it out whether others would pick on it.
It was a mix-up on my part, I thought it was you and wilwa who both pointed out that the the wolves were using the guard vote to frame innocents, thus since you were guarded during Night 3 you were an assumed innocent. But it was wilwa and Hakon.

Quote:
Boromir keeps slipping under my radar and I can't figure out why that is.
Because usually I'm very loud and in people's faces?
Old 09-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #597
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Hmm something else Nogrod said that I thought I commented on, but for some reason it didn't show up and now I can't find it.

Basically it's when Nog said he feels guilty for not trying enough so far, and then basically getting a free pass, which funny enough I feel like I'm in the same boat. It's really eerie to not have anyone challenging me to do better, when I really have done nothing at all. Well, except wilwa who just did today and makes her look a better to me, but at this point, I've done no analysis on anyone, and absolutely nothing, so I'm more or less just playing randomly and un-Borolike. The fact that no one is directly calling me out on it is scary...well again excluding wilwa who just did today.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #598
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Well this is going to be a tough one: I need to wake up in about seven hours and it's two to the deadline...

At the moment I'm wawering between McCaber and Pitchwife. A lot has been said about McC lately but I'm going to go back a little to see if my suspicions on Pitchie have any merit looking backwards on his actions.

And sure Sally is someone I have suspected a lot earlier - but like Brinn, I have kind of become more easy with her as the Days have passed - Or have I just forgotten about her?

And just as a sidenote: I'm pretty sure not all Nilp, Nienna, Wilwa and Brinn are innocent. The problem is how to differentiate a really good villager from a rotten apple. But looking at the time and our numbers I'm not going to risk voting any one of them toDay.

Heh, that leaves only Greenie and Boro unmentioned. Well for a reason: I don't have the slightest concrete point either way...
Old 09-09-2009, 02:13 PM   #599
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

++Pitchwife

No particular reason at all other than I feel uncomfortable about his post on Day 2 that laid out reasons to suspect me. It made me feel he was innocent, but then Inzil chose to quote Pitch and defend me. Maybe 2-wolves working together, and Pitch was defensive of Inzil.

Now Inzil did vote to guard Pitch, but that was the 1st vote for Pitch and it was a 3-way tie with Shasta and Nerwen. I mean on that day it only took 3 votes.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:18 PM   #600
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

++Guard Nogrod

Trust him more than anyone else at this point, or maybe just have a more solid read on/ability to read than the rest.