The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-09-2005, 08:30 AM   #681
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Tuor of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
"s"s?
Old 04-09-2005, 11:49 AM   #682
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
S T

...and what's an S without a T?!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 12:05 PM   #683
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.

---/ -----/ ----/ ---t/ ----/ ------/ ---t/, ----/ ----/ ---/ --t/ -----/ --/ --t-/ ------s/ ---/ t----/ ------s/.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:19 AM   #684
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Rs, please
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 04-11-2005, 03:59 AM   #685
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

---/ ----r/ ----/ ---t/ ----/ ------/ ---t/, ----/ ----/ ---/ --t/ -----/ --/ --t-/ ----r-s/ ---/ t---r/ -r----s/.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:19 AM   #686
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

N-y Ns?
Old 04-11-2005, 06:59 AM   #687
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Tuor of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
"d"s?
Old 04-11-2005, 10:05 AM   #688
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Good choices!

---/ n---r/ -n--/ ---t/ ----/ -----n/ n--t/, ---n/ -n--/ ---/ --t/ ----d/ --/ --t-/ ----rds/ -nd/ t---r/ -r--nds/.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:45 AM   #689
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Time for a vowel - how about E?
Old 04-11-2005, 02:33 PM   #690
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

---/ ne-er/ -n--/ ---t/ ----/ ----en/ ne-t/, --en/ -n-e/ ---/ -et/ ---ed/ --/ --t-/ ----rds/ -nd/ t-e-r/ -r-ends/.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:00 AM   #691
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

That's Roverandom, speaking to the seagull Mew.
Quote:
You never know what will happen next, when once you get mixed up with wizards and their friends.
Reminds us that wishing for adventure doesn't always make life more pleasant - to quote one of the 'major' works, involving another wizard:
Quote:
Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!
Old 04-14-2005, 02:38 PM   #692
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thumbs up Exactly!

it reminded me of Gildor's "Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards..." too !
Old 04-15-2005, 02:55 PM   #693
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Here's a new quote:
Quote:
-- -- ---- ----, -- ------, -- --- --- ---- -------------- -- --- -----. --------- ---- ---- ---- --.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:54 PM   #694
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

I never know what to start with.... Let's say A
Old 04-16-2005, 02:16 AM   #695
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

A

-- -- ---- -a--, -- ------, -- --- --- ---- ---------a---- -- --- -a---. --------- ---- ---- --a- --.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:33 PM   #696
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

The usually useful T's please
Old 04-17-2005, 06:19 AM   #697
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Good choice!

-t -- ---- ta--, -- ------, t- --t t-- ---t --t-----tat--- -- --- -a-t-. ----t---- t--- ---- --a- -t.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:00 PM   #698
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

S's please
Old 04-17-2005, 03:34 PM   #699
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

A + T + S

-t -s ---- tas-, -- ----s-, t- --t t-- --st --t-----tat--- -- --- -a-ts. S---t---s t--- ---- --a- -t.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:16 AM   #700
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Can I have the E's?
Old 04-18-2005, 08:23 AM   #701
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

+ E

-t -s ---- tas-, -- ----se, t- --t t-- -est --te---etat--- -- t-e -a-ts. S--et--es t-e- ---- -ea- -t.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:27 AM   #702
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

There were only few words I couldn't guess, but it took me a long time to find where this quote comes from!
Quote:
"It is your task, of course, to put the best interpretation on the facts. Sometimes they will bear it."
First Voice speaking to Second Voice, about Niggle's merits.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:10 AM   #703
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Well done, Guinevere! That wasn't easy - you've earned your turn the hard way!
Old 04-22-2005, 01:41 PM   #704
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thank you , Esty!
Quote:
------/ ---/ ----/; ---/ ----/ -----/ ---/ ----/ ----/ --/, --/ -----/ --/ -----/ ---/ ------/ --------/ ---/ -----/, --/ -----/ ------/ ---/ --------/ -----/, ---------/ --/ -----------/.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:57 PM   #705
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I'll have some T, please...
Old 04-22-2005, 02:10 PM   #706
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I'll have some T, please...
Old 04-22-2005, 02:34 PM   #707
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Double T

-----t/ t--/ ----/; ---/ t---/ -----/ ---/ ----/ --t-/ --/, --/ -t---/ --/ -t---/ ---/ --t---/ --------/ ---/ -----/, --/ -t---/ ------/ t--/ ----t---/ -t---/, -----tt--/ --/ -----------/.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:55 AM   #708
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

At the risk of boring predictability, I'll ask for the Ss next.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:18 AM   #709
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

-----t/ t--/ ----/; ---/ t---/ s----/ ---/ ----/ --t-/ --/, --/ st---/ -s/ st---/ ---/ --t---/ --------/ ---/ -----/, -s/ st---/ --s---/ t--/ ----t---/ st---/, -----tt--/ --/ -----------/.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:38 AM   #710
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

'U' please
Old 04-24-2005, 09:51 AM   #711
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

-----t/ t--/ ----/; ---/ t--u/ s----/ ---/ ----/ --t-/ --/, --/ st---/ -s/ st---/ ---/ --t---/ --------/ ---/ -----/, -s/ st---/ --s---/ t--/ --u-t---/ st---/, -----tt--/ --/ -----------/.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:57 AM   #712
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

R, please
Old 04-24-2005, 10:30 AM   #713
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

--r--t/ t--/ ----/; --r/ t--u/ s----/ ---/ ----/ --t-/ --/, -r/ st---/ -s/ st---/ ---/ --t--r/ --------/ ---/ -----/, -s/ st---/ --s---/ t--/ --u-t---/ st---/, --r--tt--/ --/ -r---------/.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:35 AM   #714
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

O?
Old 04-24-2005, 10:41 AM   #715
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

-or--t/ t--/ ----/; -or/ t-ou/ s----/ ---/ ----/ --t-/ --/, or/ st---/ -s/ sto--/ ---/ --t--r/ --------/ ---/ --o--/, -s/ sto--/ --s---/ t--/ -ou-t---/ st---/, -or--tt--/ --/ -ro--------/.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:47 AM   #716
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Ah, I thought that looked like it could be poetry! It's Corrigan, speaking to Aotrou in The Lay of Aotrou and Itroun:
Quote:
Forget thy wife; for thou shall wed
anew with me, or stand as stone
and wither lifeless and alone,
as stone beside the fountain stand
forgotten in Broceliande.
("Thou" was the clue - I don't think that's used in any other of the minor works!)
Old 04-24-2005, 12:06 PM   #717
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Exactly! Good work Esty!
Old 04-25-2005, 04:14 AM   #718
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Here's a new one:
Quote:
------ ----- ---- ---- ---------, --- ---- ----- --- ---- ---- ------.
Sometimes we wonders...
Old 04-27-2005, 05:48 AM   #719
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

I follow your example and ask for T
Old 04-27-2005, 06:04 AM   #720
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

T-time

T----- ----t ---- ---- --------t, --t t--- ----- --t ---- ---- --tt--.