Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2008, 03:03 AM   #561
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
All right, I posted with a little more insight into our little stranger's mind. I am leaving it once again completely to your characters to react, and how to react, if they will (it's complete freedom - they can even really turn away and go, in that case my character will have another inner struggle and as a result of it he will follow them again - and then it couldn't be no denying that he's following them).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-01-2008, 09:16 AM   #562
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
He is a nervous wreck...!
Old 05-01-2008, 09:23 AM   #563
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
That's not a nice way of calling it.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-01-2008, 09:37 AM   #564
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
That's not a nice way of calling it.
I think he's a poor dear, if that's better.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:22 AM   #565
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
This is all too funny.

I will post when I have time, which probably means some time this weekend.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:20 AM   #566
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Elempi, I'm pretty sure you made it the next morning.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:25 AM   #567
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'll write something today.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:55 AM   #568
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finduilas View Post
Elempi, I'm pretty sure you made it the next morning.
You know, I think you're right. I lost track. I'll go turn it into a joke then.

EDIT: fixed.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 05-03-2008 at 06:59 AM.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:03 AM   #569
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I posted. I left it pretty open because I have no preference on what should they too and this leaves space for other people to react in any way they wish. (Like, Michael could hear Tansy's words and flee before anyone even considers inviting him. Or a meteorite could crash and neither of the things would happen. And most importantly, someone who has not had their say on things could do so before we move on. Whatever, it's up to you others.)

Gwath, if Brown is acting uncharacteristically, just tell me and I'll change it. I figured he was the most probable person to say those words.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:12 PM   #570
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
(Like, Michael could hear Tansy's words and flee before anyone even considers inviting him.
Not really, but a good idea nevertheless. So I posted something... now you see how he'd react...
Old 05-03-2008, 12:32 PM   #571
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Haha, Legate, that was excellent. (Although I probably shouldn't laugh at poor hobbits almost choking, should I?) And as for that suggestion of mine, it was rather a joke or a far-fetched example. But anyway I like it how this is getting rolling...
Old 05-03-2008, 01:19 PM   #572
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Haha, Legate, that was excellent. (Although I probably shouldn't laugh at poor hobbits almost choking, should I?) And as for that suggestion of mine, it was rather a joke or a far-fetched example. But anyway I like it how this is getting rolling...
Thank you Quite, I originally thought to leave it to the group to act, but then I said to myself "why not fill in something" and then the inspiration hidden jumped on me from the corner, so I posted
Old 05-07-2008, 03:49 PM   #573
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I can post again later tonight.

You know lmp, Rudy is seriously considering testing Gaffer's challenge there. He might just use the Gaffer's injury to serve his own agenda. But we'll wait and see.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:31 AM   #574
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I am very sorry to say this, but I have no idea when I will be back on the Downs. I have just had a life changing thing happen and it will be awhile before I am whole again....so sorry please forgive me
Old 05-10-2008, 11:54 AM   #575
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
This sounds serious. Should we suspend the rpg until Valier can come back? I can't imagine anyone writing her character for her. And I think it would spoil the rpg to have Bunny leave the story. Let's all decide what to do, please.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:29 PM   #576
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

It is Valier's RPG and I would feel terrible moving forward without her writing for Bunny's part. However, I say the ultimate decision of us moving forward or suspending it until further notice should be Valier's choice.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:23 PM   #577
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

If Valier makes an appearance within the next two weeks in order to make a decision for us as to what she wants to do, then that's fine with me. But if her absence is extended with no further comment, I'll be forced to make an abrupt decision regarding the death of my character, if you take my meaning.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:38 PM   #578
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I think that we should wait if we can.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:08 AM   #579
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Valier - I'm so sorry, whatever it is...

I think we should wait for Val and see what she says. It would be difficult to finish this RPG without her, especially if we get no further notice from her. We could pause the RPG until her return, but I'd be sad to do that, because this was getting rolling and this looked like an RPG that could be played and finished properly and semi in-time... But no one else than Valier can't really play Bunny, and she shouldn't miss her own RPG unless she wishes to...
Old 05-12-2008, 08:49 AM   #580
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Okay, I vote to wait for Valier before we continue this rpg. If my other limited time rpg's get done before she gets back, then I'll have to either leave my character in someone else's hands, or have him die.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:03 AM   #581
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Indeed, I second Lommy. A pity it had to happen right when I finally got on board ( ) but whatever - it will be really impossible, I think, to even try to continue without Valier, even if she gave us free hand in it. I can't see Bunny run by anyone else; and it's without question that we can't play without Bunny.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:03 PM   #582
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
I can't imagine anyone writing her character for her. And I think it would spoil the rpg to have Bunny leave the story.
I quite agree.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:59 PM   #583
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I am ok with suspending it for now. This has been my first chance to get on here in a couple days, and I was going to say my only free day for the next couple weeks is Friday. So, if anyone needed to use Rudy to move it along feel free. But, I'm ok with any decision.

Val, I wish you the best.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:30 AM   #584
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I would like to thank everyone for their words and concern....I am not back yet per say...things are well not so good. I do however have obligations here that I do not wish to throw away. I want to see what happens to Bunny and her companions, just not yet. I do think I need a little more time to heal from things before I can put my whole heart into this,(as it deserves) So if you want to continue on for awhile without me, I will be lurking somewhat and will try and fill in for Bunny when needed, but I wouldn't mind if we went slow. (Sorry to Legate who just got started with us)
Old 05-17-2008, 05:22 AM   #585
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Valier, I think in any case the RPG is nothing that important so it couldn't wait until you are all right with continuing it again. I only wish you being back in full soon. It's up to others if they wish to move at least somewhat; for me, I only just started - so if the game is suspended for some time, it won't be hard for me to have a break again for a while.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:17 AM   #586
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Valier, I think in any case the RPG is nothing that important so it couldn't wait until you are all right with continuing it again. I only wish you being back in full soon.
Seconded. I too, think, that we could/should wait for you for a little time. However, understand this might leave LMP in a rather complicated situation, and if there's someone here who won't be able to keep up their interest in this game after taking a (long?) pause, it might be a problem too...
Old 05-17-2008, 08:45 AM   #587
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Obviously, it depends on how long this wait is. If it's only about a month long, it doesn't matter. If it stretches to two months, it may still not matter, but I can't say for certain. Longer than that, and I would probably need to kill off my character. So if Valier can tell us what she thinks her time away will stretch to, that would help me to make a decision. If Valier cannot make such a determination, I can understand that, and would not force it on her. So if you can let us know, Valier, that would be great, but if you can't I understand.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:07 PM   #588
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

As much as I'd like to go on I'd much rather have Valier more fully engaged before advancing. I'm willing to wait as long as it takes for a full return. I really do hope things get better for you soon Valier.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:59 AM   #589
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

just checking in....I'm still not so well....good yet. I don't know how much longer I need. Please I do want you all to continue. I will post for Bunny when needed. I think at the moment you all could carry on at least for awhile without her.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:31 PM   #590
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Okay, we have been told by Valier what she wants us to do. I'm willing to go on. I was the last to post, and Gaffer Hugo requested the assistance of Rudy and Brown. The other hobbits may jump in too.

On this new day, the hobbits need to continue northward, and will leave the road soon. That should get interesting. Who wants to post next?
Old 06-04-2008, 07:08 AM   #591
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Who wants to post next?
Well, not me. (Unless no one else can.) I don't really have anything to add as it would be unlikely that Tansy would react to either situation going on, or at least unlikely that she'd be the first to react.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:51 AM   #592
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Well, that's that. I'm done here. Enjoy the rest of the rpg.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:25 AM   #593
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

He- hu- hoa- wha-? -T?

What is that supposed to be? And what are we supposed to do? (If "we" is good term here, as my character seems to be since lmp's last but one post once again stepped back into the background.)
Old 06-04-2008, 01:41 PM   #594
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Legate, this might be a good opportunity for your hobbit to jump in and lend a hand. It would demonstrate his good intentions and alleviate suspicion, and provide a good opportunity for him to join the party. Unless you've got other plans.

Sorry to see you and the Gaffer go, lmp. It won't be the same.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:57 PM   #595
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

that was well....ubrupt. Sorry to see you go LMP, sorry it had to be like this.

Well everyone.....what shall we do?as the Gaffer dying is a major event, I don't see how Rudy or Mira would continue on this trek..........

Is this RPG dead then? Is it worth continuing? This is not how I expected this little story to go and well....... this changes alot...(sigh)

I as owner take the responsiblity for this RPG diving from the very beginning...So sorry......

I didn't want this RPG to be a burden to others and it seems it is very hard to get anyone motivated, even myself at times.

So shall we continue trudging along or do we make a new plot and continue with something new?
This is up to you players. I didn't just want to get through this, I wanted to enjoy it and have a group of Hobbits get to know each other and have fun. Not just moving from day to day with minimal interaction.

I hope to hear from everyone very soon as to what we shall do.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:20 PM   #596
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

KEEP GOING. I want to find out about the Entwives! Don't worry, Valier, I at least still have a lot of enthusiasm for the RPG, and if you need a break before you are able to get back in the swing of the RPG, that's fine. It's worth the wait.

Will you need one of us to take lmp's place as co-game-manager?
Old 06-05-2008, 04:54 AM   #597
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

It would be good for Valier to have another co-game manager.

My 2 cents on Rudy and Mira is that they would know that Hugo would have wanted them to continue.

Have the Shirriffs put out word to all Chubbs to come to that village and take the body back to Chubbland for burial.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:08 AM   #598
Kitanna
Child of the West

I'm up for continuing and later today I can put up a post reacting to Gaffer Hugo's death.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:08 PM   #599
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The errand rider from Gondor dismounted quickly and strode purposefully into the thread. He unfurled a parchment and nailed it to one of the walls:

Come one, come all, you denizens here and in far lands!!
All those who enjoy the reading of a good tale and the playing out of one.

A new name has been added to the list of storytellers in Gondor:

~*~ littlemanpoet ~*~

Come and give your congratulations to this wonderful wordsmith!

~*~ Free drinks/ free food/ & plenty of good company ~*~

Come to The Seventh Star Inn in Gondor and lift a glass to littlemanpoet.!!!
Old 06-05-2008, 06:28 PM   #600
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

We must continue, absolutely. I really like this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP
It would be good for Valier to have another co-game manager.
If you're willing to take anyone as lazy as I am, I'm volunteering for the job. Although, I can't promise a lot of activity this summer. (Well, all RPGs more or less die during the summer...)