The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-11-2002, 01:08 PM   #41
cute_chick2157

Silmaril

Hello,<BR>I cried when Gandalf was pulled into the abyss (even though I knew he wasn't dead) and when Boromir died. I laughed at Merry and Pippin. I think that PJ and the script writers made Gandalf falling more real than the book. I really enjoyed the mvie.
Old 01-11-2002, 01:38 PM   #42
Telgaladiel
Pile O'Bones

Telgaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Telgaladiel
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Originally posted by Maeglin:<BR><STRONG><P>BUT STOP CALLING PIPPIN PIP! it sounds like another word...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Apologies... sorry.. I was just repeating what he was called by many in the movie... didn't mean to offend. <P>And he was referred to as Pip many times, even though he was called Peregrin and Pippin too.

"I don't think so."
Telgaladiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 12:29 AM   #43
northernlight
Pile O'Bones

northernlight has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

let's see...the first 2 times i saw the movie i didn't cry too much but i laughed a lot...but i just saw it tonight again and i cried a good deal too...so all in all...i laughed pretty much any time merry and pippin were there...with the fireworks and pippin asking about second breakfast and getting hit in the head w/an apple...and when gimli says 'nobody tosses a dwarf!' and then 'not the beard!' and yes i chuckled to myself when boromir blinks after he's dead...hope nobody heard me! hmmm...i cried when gandalf fell in moria, and when the fellowship leaves moria and the hobbits are crying for him...and at the end when sam almost drowns, and then after he is rescued says 'i made a promise. don't you leave him samwise gamgee. and i don't mean to.' that got me all three times...sorry that this is such a huge list and everything has probably been mentioned before...it's just that...jeez i love this movie!
Old 01-12-2002, 05:06 AM   #44
Erulasto
Pile O'Bones

Erulasto has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

<P>well, finally saw FOTR last night, and i'm not writing a review or making much comment on it before i see it again on monday. suffice to say i enjoyed it very very much, and not since i attended the premiere of Independence Day (with a bunch of US marines in the audience) have i heard an estonian movie audience APPLAUD as the credits roll (we're a very stoic people). that made me quite happy. when did I cry and laugh?<P>i didn't cry, although did get a bit misty-eyed at the end, during Boromir's death, and Sam going after frodo. Gandalf falling into the pit, of course, and Frodo and Arwen at the Ford.<P>things that made me laugh? 'proudfeet!', almost everything Merry and Pippin did, 'nobody tosses a dwarf', Gandalf bumping his head in Bag End, a few other places too.<P>things that made me smile: Lord of the Rings lighting up across the screen; when Arwen showed up and started talking elvish (sindarin i presume, but that needs another viewing or two); 'fool of a took!', actually i was grinning most of the way through the Shire. Oh, and the petrified trolls, very nice touch. (and i remember someone saying that people who hadn't read the books wouldn't know what those were. apparently whoever said that missed Bilbo telling that tale to the hobbit-children at the party)<P>things that made me go wow: the opening battle against Sauron, Sauron sending whole batallions flying into the air, Elrond and Isildur at the Cracks of Doom, the camera flying around Isengard, Gwaihir, the Kings of Argonath, Merry and Pippin attacking the cave troll, the cthulhu-like tentacle thing at the gates of Moria, Arwen calling the waters at the Ford, those horseheads looked extremely good; most of Moria, the Balrog, Gandalf crying out 'you shall not pass!', and last but most certainly not least, whenever Frodo put the ring on... especially at Amon Sul.<P>only thing I wasn't overwhelmed by was Lothlorien... it wasn't bad, but nowhere near as magnificent as Moria. but then again maybe i'm a dwarf at heart <P>all in all, I am so happy right now, and I can't thank PJ enough. did not miss Bombadil one bit, didn't mind the expansion of Arwen's character one bit, i actually see why it was absolutely necessary - as we all know, she'll have to make an appearance in RotK, and if she just pops up, renounces her immortality, and marries Aragorn, the people who haven't read the book won't know what the hell is going on, not to mention how much the story would be hurt dramatically with a totally undeveloped character just popping up like that. can't wait for Two Towers. 11 more months till I see it? noooooooooo!
Old 01-13-2002, 09:33 AM   #45
Luineeldaiel
Pile O'Bones

Luineeldaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The first time we saw the LOTR after the death of Boromir when Aragorn slices off the head of the giant orc, the entire audience cheered!!! I haven't heard such a response in a great many years.
Old 01-13-2002, 09:36 AM   #46
snowy

Sting

i laughed at bilbo and frodo's bday party, when merry and pippin set off the fireworks and got scorched. ans cried at the end when borimer died
Old 01-13-2002, 10:20 AM   #47
Nenya
Wight

Nenya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Now that I've seen it twice, I've finaly chosen these:<BR>Saddest:<BR>"I made promise Mr Frodo.Don't you loose him, Samwise Gamgee. And i don't mean to, I don't mean to." That definetly made me cry the most.<BR>Funniest:<BR>This is a bit harder because there's so many things that made me laugh. But I think it's the whole "second breakfast"-thing.<P>Btw, Sam's "I know you are, and I'm going with you" made me both laugh and cry...!
Nenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 01:32 PM   #48
zifnab
Shade of Carn Dûm

zifnab has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I laughed when Gandalf hit his head on that ceiling beam in Bilbo's house, and I cried at the same moment, thinking "How many times over the years has Gandalf been there and he still hits his head"!<P>
Old 01-14-2002, 05:42 PM   #49
Elanor
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elanor has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

There were lots of funny moments, but one that's not been mentioned was Bilbo fussing over Gandalf at the start, when he kept asking whether Gandalf wanted any cheese, or some tea, or bread, or whatever, and talking with his mouth full. It just summed up hobbits perfectly...
Old 01-15-2002, 05:06 AM   #50
Paladin

Sting

I didn't cry during the movie,but there were some sad moments during the film...<P>I would have to say the scene right after they escape the mines of Moria,with everyone sad and in disbeleif over Gandalf's demise,the hobbits weeping also got to me.<P>Boromirs death and his dying words to Aragorn was another sad moment..
Old 01-15-2002, 06:36 AM   #51
Pippin
Haunting Spirit

Pippin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You're right Elanor! I forgot about that!<P>heh, a lot of the hobbit scenes were funny. I can't list them all but i liked it when Gandalf let off the fireworks for the hobbit children, and the old gaffer laughs-to be glared at by his wife, and so resumes his disapproving scowl. LOVED that! <BR>was that supposed to be Otho and Lobelia? and the angry woman's voice banging Bilbo's door....it SOUNDED like Lobelia would sound. I hope we see her in RotK, even briefly.
Old 01-18-2002, 03:46 PM   #52
arre

Tolkien

i cried when gandalf fell from the bridge, that scene was so humanised and emotionalised, you could really feel the characters sadness and pain.<BR>the funniest bit was "no one tosses a dwarf"<BR>and "not the beard".
Old 01-19-2002, 04:31 PM   #53
Enedhil
Wight

Enedhil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I've not actually cried yet, but definately got misty-eyed and felt my throat close up slightly...especially seeing merry holding pippin when the get out of moria, i thought the look on legolas's face when aragorn spoke to him was great...he looked so lost and confused. then theres the bit at the council...oh and when sam nearly drowns...and and and and....hell, i cant decide! after all of the battle scenes, i realised that i'd been frowning and chewing my lips some what agitated..!! when the nazgul were attacking (at any point), i slid down my seat a 'little' bit! the funny bits were with pippin and merry...i liked sam's use of the pans on the orcs in moria...when the hobbits go tumbly tumbly down the hill "oo, that was close!" "I think i broke something!" "MUSHROOMS!!" and howard shore...wow...the music <shivers> i loved the part where they set off from rivendell and the strings are playing tremmelo under the horns...and then ka-boom! all the brass and percussion when they on the mountain... the film is the most intense cinema expierence i've ever had...though i've not cried yet, i suspect one time it'll just be too much and i'll start howling! <v. big lump in throat again><P>tip for the cinema: dont drink before you see the film...you dont want to have to get up to pee
Old 01-19-2002, 07:49 PM   #54
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Eye

I used to like Ian Mckellen, now I LOVE him (as an actor, of course). Having now finished FotR, and developed a slightly different perspective on the movie, I must say that my opinion of his preformance hasn't changed a bit- he <I>is</I> Gandalf.<BR>As for good movie moments, one that I don't think was mentioned yet was the look on Legolas' face as he watches Boromir die. Made me want to hug him and tell him that "it's going to be OK."
Old 04-28-2002, 04:25 AM   #55
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Its weird, the first time i saw it i didnt cry at all!the 2nd time i got right into it! the 3rd time i saw it tho id just got some really really bad news so i cried in it. I didnt actually cry at all when gandalf "died", well, not for gandalf, i cried cos frodo looked so sad and sounded so sad....*sob*<BR>I cried the 2nd and 3rd time i saw it when Boromir died...his speech is just so touching...<BR>Did anyone else notice that one of the dead orcs moves at the end?that sort of spoiled it a bit for me, cos every1 else is sitting sniffing and me and my mate were just trying to stop ourselves laughing...then Boromir started dying...sob...
Old 04-28-2002, 04:52 AM   #56
Araen
Haunting Spirit

Araen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

This is when I cried... I seemed to be crying alot durning the second half of the movie. <P>1. I got all upset when Gandalf fell and how sad Frodo looked as Boromir carried him away. When Aragorn stood for a moment just kind of staring, kind of like 'Did it really happen? Is he truly down there?' I just broke down and began to cry. So did my mom.<BR>2. 'Give them a moment for pity's sake' I had just managed to stop crying when that line was said, of corse it got me started again. I think it was beacse of the way it was said, the deep sorrow engraved in the very being of the line.<BR>3. 'He has fallen into shadow,' The morose way Galadriel said that, the way she sounded like she did not wish to beleve it, set me off.... again.<BR>4. The way Boromir looked as Galadriel was talking to them... I don't know it just made me sad.....<BR>5. The converstaion between Aragorn and Boromir in Lothlorien, the one that starts with, 'Take some rest, these borders are well protected,'. I'm not sure why it made me sad except for the fact that Boromir would never see his White Tower again.<BR>6. Boromir's last two lines ater he tries to take the ring, then I think it really shows his true self, not his ring self.<BR>7. Boromir's death. When the first arow hit him I was like, 'He'll be okay,' same with the second, then when the music keyed in I relised Boromir was as good as dead. <BR>8. When Sam ran out to the boat. That is true freindship.<BR>9. 'You mean not to follow them?' Legolas' line allways makes me feel sad, I don't know why.<P>I laughed so many times I would know where to begin. But mainly durning the parts right up to the end of CoE. Of corse when Boromir is teaching Merry and Pippin how to fight I was giggling like mad.<p>[ April 28, 2002: Message edited by: Araen ]
"Where is the horse and the rider, where is the horn that was blowing, they have passed like rain on the mountains, like wind in the meadow, the days are damned in the west? behind the hills? there are shadows... "
Araen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 03:01 PM   #57
NinjaFerret
Animated Skeleton

NinjaFerret has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to NinjaFerret
Sting

I... have NEVER cried at a movie. Never. Any movie. But LotR was the closest for me. The first time I saw it, my whole body was experiencing sensory overload. I almost cried during the scene as they all come out from Moria. Also, the scene where Sam almost drowns. And... gosh, all those close-ups of Frodo's expressions. Wood is one intense actor. <P>Laughing never is a problem. I loved the post-firecracker scene. It was kind of 3 Stooge-ish (the ear thing, I mean). I laughed at the "nobody tosses a dwarf," "not the beard," and "fool of a Took!" I cannot get over how much I am obsessed w/ this movie. I think it's unhealthy. <P>May your luck exceed the stench of your oxters.
Old 04-30-2002, 04:19 PM   #58
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

[QUOTE] [/When the fellowship came out of Moria, and everyone was upset, that was saddening. But when I saw Pippin just sprawled out on the rocks, crying, and Merry's leaning over him, massaging his shoulder and trying to comfort him, I couldn't help it. I burst into tears. It was just so sad, and Merry trying to help Pippin was so sweet. I've never cried at a movie before in my entire life. ^_^;; And I was blinking away the tears when Frodo had just been stabbed by the Nazgul and one of the hobbits was stroking his head (I think it was Pippin, though I'm not sure). It was unbearably cute. ^_^QUOTE]<P><BR>I sooo agree I cried then. Also cried when Frodo pulled Sam out of the water and Sam spoke of his promise not to leave Frodo, then they Hugged. So sweet
Old 04-30-2002, 04:28 PM   #59
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

When Bilbo is talking with his mouth full, and then Lobelia knocks on the doo and he is so startled that he wacks unto the doo frame. very funny.
Old 04-30-2002, 04:32 PM   #60
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Door stupid door. My typing stinks.
Old 04-30-2002, 04:40 PM   #61
Olo Gamwich
Animated Skeleton

Olo Gamwich has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

I didn't laugh or cry either of the times I saw the movie. I was so interested in following along with the story, comparing it with the book, and watching the awe-inspiring effects that I hardly felt any emotion. My sister (who has not read any of the books) laughed at all the things that weren't supposed to be funny - she was constantly making fun of the way Gimli looked and was the only one to laugh (meaning laugh VERY LOUD) when Aragorn cut that Uruk-Hai guy's head off at the end. My dad actually laughed at one part when he went with me the second time...it was when, for no reason, Pippin says "Merry....I'm hungry".
Old 04-30-2002, 05:50 PM   #62
Saxony Tarn
Wight

Saxony Tarn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saxony Tarn
Sting

most of these motions to be heartily seconded... anyone else crack a smile at Arwen's opening line (and Aragorn's close shave) ? I say, if they gave her the expanded role that they did JUST SO THEY COULD USE THAT LINE then more power to 'em!<P>on the Tissue-Required side, still can't make it through Boromir's last stand without:<BR>a) feeling at least the first arrow hit in my own shoulder (saw it again for the TT trailer a few days ago -- that first arrow literally gave me whiplash)<BR>b) not wanting him to die, even though after 8 viewings it's clear the ending is not gonna change, and<BR>c) REALLY needing some comic relief from that Orc. How about a few growls and a subtitle, "you are the weakest link, good-bye" ??<P>Let me guess -- it'll be an option on the DVD...<P>ST
Old 05-01-2002, 05:27 AM   #63
The Viking Thunder
Animated Skeleton

The Viking Thunder has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Achh...the movie was well met, enough to warm my ice cold frozen heart.
Old 05-01-2002, 12:30 PM   #64
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

i know wot u mean by emotional overload ninja.the emotions are so intense!
Old 05-05-2002, 02:00 PM   #65
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lothiriel Silmarien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

First of all, all the actors in the movie were so absolutely perfect for their characters. That's exactly how I imagined the characters to be. I never really cry in movies. Come to think of it, I never really did. But in The Lord of the Rings, I actually did cry. I think it was because I have become so attatched to the book and the characters that I actually saw, for instance, Boromir die in my head, but when I saw it on screen, I just got all teary-eyed, and I couldn't help it!<BR>Crying scenes:<BR>-When Boromir died, and as he was saying his last words.<BR>-When Merry and Pippin were being carried away<BR>-When Frodo was really sick and was really pale (just after being stabbed by the blade)<BR>-When Sam followed after Frodo<BR>-When Frodo was seen by himself with the ring in his hand and was crying<BR>-When Boromir fell down Rauros in the canoe<BR> <BR> And I laughed at these parts:<BR>-When Merry and Pippin and Sam and Frodo fell down the hill at Farmer Maggot's and Merry, Pippin, and Sam were all fighting for the mushrooms.<BR>-When Pippin was asking when they eat and Aragorn threw back the apple and hit him in the head. (but my poor Pippin, I know he wasn't hurt but still ) But that was really funny, he's so cute!!!!<BR>-When Pippin joins the fellowship and asks where they were going. And when he says that they need someone of intellegence on this quest....thingy. And then Merry says that leaves him out.<BR>-When Bilbo gets the big scary eyes.<BR> <BR> I love this movie!!!!!!!
Lothiriel Silmarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 02:37 PM   #66
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

If anyone here ever went to a thread i started ages ago which was, sorry barrow wight, probably not classed as, erm, entirely clean...it was about the "nobody tosses a dwarf" line...oh god *wipes away tears of laughter*. well, anyway, crude british(and possibly american)sense of humour came in on that one...<P>basically to sum it up hopefully without getting myself chucked out of the downs, when you say youll toss someone its when you threaten to toss a bit of a male that really should not be tossed....think it happened it american pie2..<BR>After that I just could not look at that part of the movie without nearly wetting myself...ah, crude british humour(resists temptation to turn on The Life Of Brian).<P>Hmmmm....the Ann Robinson Orc doesnt sound like a bad idea...
Old 05-05-2002, 04:56 PM   #67
Gimli Son Of Gloin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gimli Son Of Gloin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I never cry at movies. If all you people cried in LotR, just wait for the very end of RotK, unless PJ cuts it out, very, very, sad...
Old 05-05-2002, 05:42 PM   #68
Lothiriel Silmarien
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lothiriel Silmarien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

The funniest part of course, is when Aragorn slices the head off the Uruk-Hai! I could not stop laughing!!!!!!
Lothiriel Silmarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 09:22 PM   #69
Vardadurwen
Wight

Vardadurwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I only cried once the first time I saw the movie. That was when Gandalf falls. I started bawling! And especially when the fellowship runs out of Moria and Merry is clutching Pippin...oh *sob*<BR> Every other time I saw the movie (5 other times), I cried when Galadriel said to Frodo "may this be a light to you when all other lights go out". I cry whenever I read that part in the book too. And then during Boromir's death and also when Sam goes after to Frodo and says "I made a promise. Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee. And I don't mean to. I don't mean to!"<P> Laughing parts:<BR>*Gandalf hits his head<BR>*Bilbo tries to talk with food in his mouth but Gandalf understands him anyways<BR>*Merry and Pippin set off the fireworks<BR>*Sam is caught eavesdropping, and then the convo that happens after "I ain't be droppin' no eaves if you get me, Mr. Gandalf!"<BR>*the hobbits fall down the hill and land next to sh*t. Pippin "oh, that was close"<BR>*Pippin asking about 2nd breakfast<BR>*"ash in my tomatoes" - Merry<BR>*Sam, Merry and Pippin interrupt at the council of Elrond<BR>*when Merry and Pippin are wrestling with Boromir<P> And then there's always my triumphant HURRAH when Aragorn kills Lurtz!

'Now there's an eye-opener and no mistake!' - Samwise Gamgee
Vardadurwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 05:30 PM   #70
Lady Ancalima
Pile O'Bones

Location: Born in Rivendell; living currenty in Minas Tirith.
Lady Ancalima has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lady Ancalima
Silmaril

There were many times when I laughed...I agree with the pint thing, and I laughed at the breakfast thing and when Merry and Pippin were shown after the fireworks... I cried a little when Gandalf 'fell', and a lot when Boromir fell (and that was skill acting). I also cry whenever I hear 'May it Be'-especially when she sand it at the Oscars! WOW!
Old 05-21-2002, 06:14 PM   #71
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

The first time I saw the movie, I had to take a bathroom break and missed the second breakfast part, but I did laugh when Merry and Pippin set off the fireworks, during the council of Elrond when Pippin asked where they were going, and in Moria when Pippin winces at the sound of the skeleton falling down the well.<BR>I didn't cry when Gandalf fell, but I was close to it when Frodo shouted "Nooooo!", and when they were all mourning outside. I also cried at the end when Sam almost drowned. When my mom picked me up after the movie was over, she said, "What's wrong?" and I said, "The movie was so <I>beautiful</I>!"
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Nevfeniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 06:30 PM   #72
Astaldotathrawen
Pile O'Bones

Location: Mordor and Lorien, through Rivendell and Hobbiton and beyond!
Astaldotathrawen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I laughed about anytime Merry and Pippin did something. They are hilarious! And I'm not much of a crying person, but when Gandalf fell and Frodo was outside crying. I seriously had tears in my eyes. I guess I had gotten so into the movie that it felt like I was actually going through all of this or something. But anyway, at the end when Frodo left and Merry and Pippin were carried away by orcs, that was just the saddest part. I cried there. It was just so intense. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>"We hobbits ought to stick together, and we will. I shall go, unless they chain me up. There must be someone with intelligence in the Party." <BR> ---Peregrin "Pippen" Took <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 06-22-2002, 07:21 AM   #73
Firrewen

Sting

I have seen the film eight times so I know it off by heart. Yet I still laugh at Merry and Pippin's comments and still cry like there is no tomorrow when Boromir gets shot and Aragorn watches him die. But I've heard rumors that they may have Aragorn's death at the end of The Return of the King, meaning : A hell lot more crying to come.
Old 06-22-2002, 08:12 AM   #74
orlandoandsaran
Haunting Spirit

orlandoandsaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to orlandoandsaran
Shield

I did not cry when Gandalf fell but when i saw Frodo crying and the sad music , i started crying.<BR>But when Boromir died, i cried the hardest. I also cried when Sam said,"I made a promise, Mr.Frodo...."<BR>I laughed when Pippin said,"How about 2nd breakfast?..."<BR>The movie was just excellent. I'm looking forward to that competition between Legolas and Gimli in the Two Towers.
Old 06-22-2002, 03:39 PM   #75
Amarantha Gamwich-Baggins
Pile O'Bones

Amarantha Gamwich-Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amarantha Gamwich-Baggins
hmm I thouhgt most the of the parts with Merry & Pippin were pretty funny. <I>Dose he know about second breakfast?</I> and Aragorn threw that apple at him. <B>LOL</B> <BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>IT was funny when sauron is forging his ring....he looked chubby. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> Oh my God some else noticed that! I told that to my mom and she was like "shhhh do you want to get in troble with him?" (some thing like that) (she was kidding, of course)<BR> I cried a lot when Frodo is leaving for Mordor and Sam comes with him. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>"Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee", and I don't mean to<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> that broke my heart! <BR>I'll be a terible mess by the time I see the other two movies.

"Maybe a little hobbit did it."

aREN"T î EVIL¿ LoL
Amarantha Gamwich-Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 01:17 PM   #76
Arinya-Sakiya

Sting

Frodo: Put it out you fools! Put it out!<BR>(Frodo stomps on the fire w/ his bare feet)<BR>Pippin: Oh that's nice! Ash on my tomatoes!<P>i'd have to say I thought that part was pretty funny. I thought the movie was very emotional at points, but no I did not cry. it was very well acted out
Old 06-23-2002, 01:32 PM   #77
Daisy Sandybanks
Wight

Daisy Sandybanks has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Daisy Sandybanks Send a message via Yahoo to Daisy Sandybanks
Sting

Heh, I'm a big sucker when it comes to crying while watching certian movies, and well, LotR was one of them. Yes, I cried when Gandalf plumetted to his doom in the movie, even though I knew very well what really happens to him since I read the books (I didn't cry while reading the book, surprisingly). I'm not sure, but I think I did, perhaps cry when Boromir died, but I'm not sure, there were planty of sad momments in there, along with funny ones as well.<BR>I giggled hiterically when Gandalf found Sam outside Frodo's window listening in on their discusion about The Ring, and when Pippen (or was it Merry?) was surprised that Aragorn didn't know about Eleventies or second breakfasts.<BR>There were many other scenes in the books that I laughed and cried during that were not in the movie, well, thats just because the last two movies haven't come out yet... but for those of you who haven't gotten that far yet, I will just have to keep my little mouth shut.
Old 06-24-2002, 12:00 PM   #78
Enyávië Ellerina

Sting

the first time i saw the film i was in stitches all the way through for no reason at all.<BR>every other time though i've cried at everything <P>-Gandalf's death/Frodo crying<BR>-Boromir's death/the look on Merry and Pippin's faces<BR>-Frodo getting stabbed (both times)<BR>-Frodo and Sam in Rivendell<BR>-Aragorn and Boromir in Lorien<BR>-Frodo and Sam in the boat<BR>-Aragorn,Legolas and Gimli going after Merry and Pippin.<BR>i think thats it, i was worse when reading the book. <P>[ June 24, 2002: Message edited by: Enyávië Ellerina ]<P>[ June 24, 2002: Message edited by: Enyávië Ellerina ]<p>[ June 26, 2002: Message edited by: Enyávië Ellerina ]
Old 06-24-2002, 12:08 PM   #79
raefindel

Sting

Guess I'm a crusty old thing, I didn't cry at all. I laughted at Sam & his frying pans.<BR>"I think I'm gettin' th' hang o' this!"
Old 06-24-2002, 02:35 PM   #80
dragongirlG
Wight

dragongirlG has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I laughed at Merry and Pippin's antics in the first half of the movie, and before Moria when Boromir was teaching them swordfighting. I cracked up when Pippin knocked the skeleton down in Moria--I'm sorry, I just thought that was hilarious. And the hobbits at the end of the council of Elrond, when Sam, Merry, and Pippin all rushed in to Frodo's rescue, and Pippin's line "What about <I>second</I> breakfast?" I just love the hobbits!<P>I think the only time I cried was when Boromir died at the end of the movie, when Aragorn was trying to save him.
dragongirlG is offline   Reply With Quote