The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-05-2003, 01:37 AM   #1
Arwen_RingBearer

Silmaril Arwen And Aragorn, A Once In A Lifetime Love Or Just A Summer Time Adventure?

In the two movies a lot is explained about Arwen and Aragorn’s relationship even if most of you will disagree. The story goes a lot deeper than showed and it is all a matter of examining it deeply to understand it. In the uncut version of The Fellowship Of The Ring there are other parts that explain the bound between Arwen and Aragorn. One of those is when in the hall of memories she will help him to clear his mind about his future. Again in the uncut version we will see Elrond trying to have Aragorn understand how important it is for him to embrace and accept his destiny. Later when The Fellowship leaves Rivendell, Arwen is crying and the look Aragorn gives her suggests that he will be back. A new strength is found in him, a look nobody has seen yet. Finally his time comes, when the Ring tempts him, he will refuse, and doing that he will embrace his true self and understand that his destiny is to rise above all others. He will fight bravely and will promise not to let the White City and the White Tower Of Ecthelion fall. Right now you can almost say that the king has already returned.<BR> <BR> In The Two Towers her father will make Arwen leave Middle-Earth trying to make her think that there is no future for her with a man. Elrond will also make Aragorn tell Arwen to go, so that she thinks that he doesn’t love her anymore. But when he falls during battle she is the one who will help him. The meeting with Eowyn and their conversation will make him rediscover his true love for Arwen. The jewel he wears is an everlasting symbol of a love that will never die, a love that he remembers in his dreams. During the battle Aragorn will fall down a crevasse. Everyone will think he is dead. Legolas will keep the Evenstar, almost knowing that Aragorn will be back to claim it. Aragorn fell into a river and is unconscious. When we see her kissing him it is not because he’s dreaming, but because she is healing him. He will go back and arrive to Helm’s Deep, where he will get back his Evenstar and he will prove once more his bravery and true strength. Aragorn and Arwen have something that will last forever, their bound is very strong and is one of the things that will help Aragorn to find himself, and reclaim his throne. <P> Arwen is a very mildly described character in the book, but PJ gave her a very important role. She doesn’t talk much but she has a very important part. First she saves Frodo, then she helps Aragorn understand that just because he's Isiuldur's heir doesn't mean that he will fall the same way Isiuldur did. Her presence will help him to find the strength he needs. When we see Aragorn telling her to go and leave him in Middle-Earth, she will not understand and the scene is so dramatic that nobody will actually understand the true meaning of this action. Many will think that he is doing it because Elrond told him to. He is actually protecting Arwen and even if she doesn’t figure it out at first she will. When Elrond goes to tell her that the boat is leaving and she has to go, we see that she is still in love with Aragorn and she knows that they didn’t really leave each other. <P> What does everyone else here think about my topic? Tell me, I really want to know!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2003, 04:27 AM   #2
Iargwath
Wight

Iargwath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Iargwath Send a message via AIM to Iargwath
Sting

A very interesting topic Since i happened to like all aspects that you have drawn into your topic, particulalrly:<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> When we see Aragorn telling her to go and leave him in Middle-Earth, she will not understand and the scene is so dramatic that nobody will actually understand the true meaning of this action. Many will think that he is doing it because Elrond told him to. He is actually protecting Arwen and even if she doesn’t figure it out at first she will. When Elrond goes to tell her that the boat is leaving and she has to go, we see that she is still in love with Aragorn and she knows that they didn’t really leave each other.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That section. Many people didnt like Arwen in the films, but i liked her role in Two Towers, that was more 'her'. Very feminine and all. You raise interesting points about her character, such as the one i pointed earlier. And the reason that i liked her in TTT better, is because most of the events actually did happen (in the appendicies of the novel)

My M-e Forum
Iargwath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 12:19 PM   #3
dunedain_aragorn
Animated Skeleton

dunedain_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

wow, you are deep. I agree. (mostly)
"I must take leave, I have not slept since Dunnharrow, and I am weary."said Aragorn. Merry seized his hand and kissed it."I am frightfully sorry, we have been a nuisance to you since Bree." Aragorn laughed and left them. "Was there ever any like him?" said Pippin,"Except for Gandalf of course. I believe they must be related."
dunedain_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 12:36 PM   #4
Cherie Centaur
Haunting Spirit

Cherie Centaur has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Yeah, I guess your right. I just hate romances .
Old 01-05-2003, 01:07 PM   #5
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Arwen is a very mildly described character in the book,<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>What 'mildly' means is not clear, but have you read Appendix A, part v, "Here follows a part of the tale of Aragorn and Arwen"?<P>Bethberry
Old 01-05-2003, 01:10 PM   #6
aragornreborn
Wight

aragornreborn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

That's good stuff. I might add a few things to what you've said, but I think basically you've got it all covered. I actually won't add anything, because I have argued about Aragorn to death with my friends, so I am tired of talking about him again. But you've got it all, basically.
At the name of Jesus every knee should bow and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. - Phil. 2:10-11
aragornreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 01:12 PM   #7
Arwen_RingBearer

Silmaril

Sorry, I should have made clear that when I wrote books I only mean The Books, not the Appendix! SORRY!!!!! Didn't mean to cause a whatever I Caused!
Old 01-05-2003, 10:38 PM   #8
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dűm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
Sting

Wow, I agree as well.
Faye Took is offline   Reply With Quote