Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2008, 09:48 AM   #241
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
I can simply edit my post and put you and Finduilas, along with any one else, out in the woods with the rest of the group.

That would be good, Lommy you could write up how you and the group, or somebody else who is still at Bree, caught up with us. I think the story would be that Kuric is running somewhat blindly into the wild. Poor Kuric is advancing in his years and getting a bit senile...not too much mind you just a bit.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:10 PM   #242
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
Just one question. Are the two that Groin mentions at the end of his post Erling and Sam or is he talking about the others? Because Groin says he sees two tall figures and as Sam is a hobbit, he's not tall. Just wanted to know so I could figure out what to post next.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:36 PM   #243
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimturiel View Post
Just one question. Are the two that Groin mentions at the end of his post Erling and Sam or is he talking about the others? Because Groin says he sees two tall figures and as Sam is a hobbit, he's not tall. Just wanted to know so I could figure out what to post next.
What needs to happen is one of two things:

1. Groin fixes that and makes it a tall and short figure.

2. We determine who has caught up with us and it would be plausible for Groin to only see the two tall figures in front and the rest are still to far back from the hill to be seen or too short

I think it would be best, and make more sense, to have the original 3 stumble upon Groin and have the rest of the party, or a fraction thereof, catch up with us. The reason it makes more sense is we left in a hurry and Kuric didn't slow down much. There would be some deliberation in the Pony as to what course of action to take and then a little bit of tracking down where we went.

I propose that Groin change the post slightly and either Dunwen or Dimturiel could write the next post explaining how we got to that point. In the meantime, who could write a post getting the rest of the characters our of Bree? I would expect them to wonder where we went an why we went so fast. For them to look around town a bit and end up speaking to the gate keeper and leaving to follow us.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:32 PM   #244
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ok, here's what I've done. I've edited the post so that Gorin see's one tall and short figure coming down the hill (Dimturiel & Dunwen).

Sound good?
Old 01-17-2008, 01:42 PM   #245
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sounds very good, Groin. Ok, I'll have my post ready by tomorrow evening at the latest.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:21 PM   #246
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I might be able to write somethign during the weekend, but if Finduilas is able and willing, it might be better that she writes it. But I can try to find time, I'm sure it can't be that difficult.

Looks like this is going to start rolling again, it's great. Thank you everybody, especially morm and Groin, for pushing this on.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:36 PM   #247
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I might be able to write somethign during the weekend, but if Finduilas is able and willing, it might be better that she writes it. But I can try to find time, I'm sure it can't be that difficult.

Looks like this is going to start rolling again, it's great. Thank you everybody, especially morm and Groin, for pushing this on.
I got a little behind in this RPG, so it may take me a bit to find myself again. As I wont be able to get a post up before you, Lommy could you go ahead? I will try to post within a few days of you. If you want, we could do a PM post, as I would be able to do that this weekend, as they tend to take a little less time and thought. If it would be easier, or better to do it alone, then go ahead.

And I second Lommy's thanks!
Old 01-18-2008, 08:55 PM   #248
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Ok, Fin, I'll see what I can do...
Old 01-20-2008, 02:24 PM   #249
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

If my Spanish homework and procarastination don't take all of my time tomorrow, I'll post...
Old 01-21-2008, 12:11 AM   #250
Dunwen
Wight

Dunwen has just left Hobbiton.
I have a large project for work that must be completed tomorrow, which is why I haven't been back for several days, but I have the seeds of a post with Sam's reaction to finding a second dwarf, if that would be helpful.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:09 AM   #251
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Palantir-Green

I managed to get them out of the Inn and I took Forest Elf's character with us as she should be still playing, right? FE, if you're there, any kind of confirmation would be nice. Fin, could you write us to catch up with the others? If it's impossible to you, I'll do it, but it may take time...
Old 01-22-2008, 09:51 AM   #252
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
I should be able to post today or tomorrow, but I need a few questions answered first.

Everybody else is right outside Bree, right? Gorin is with them? About what time is it?
Old 01-23-2008, 09:11 PM   #253
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Its up. Very short, but I figured you might want to finish saying something to eachother before we barge in.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:27 AM   #254
Dunwen
Wight

Sam has caught up with Kuric and Erling, waiting for Groin's reply.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:11 PM   #255
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunwen View Post
Sam has caught up with Kuric and Erling, waiting for Groin's reply.
I've replied.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:21 PM   #256
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I've posted. Groin, if you want your dwarf to hear us, and say something, that'd be fine. They are just trying to be quiet, we can none of us be sure they are being quiet. So do as you will.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:37 PM   #257
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Finduilas and Thinlomien, I said at the end of my post that Erling heard you coming, but he doesn't know it was actually you. If this isn't alright with you I will edit it out.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:23 PM   #258
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Finduilas and Thinlomien, I said at the end of my post that Erling heard you coming, but he doesn't know it was actually you. If this isn't alright with you I will edit it out.
Nice post, might I ask you to spell Kuric's name with a 'C' at the end rather than a 'K'. Thanks and nice intro to get the whole party involved.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:19 PM   #259
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorry about that Mormegil. That's what you get when you're having too much studying and too little sleep. Anyway, I've fixed it.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:48 AM   #260
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Great, I might try to write something this week but I'm afraid I will be really busy...
Old 02-05-2008, 07:58 PM   #261
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I don't think I will be able to write any sort of post until after Sunday. I have a rather large test (ACT) comming up on Saturday, and so am very busy. Forest Elf hasn't been around for about a month, but it would be nice, should she come round, if she could write a short post.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:52 PM   #262
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okay, you guys are absolutely amazing for keeping this going...and I am absolutely terrible for abandoning it.

I hope I can start to be a part of this game again, if you'll still have me.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:30 PM   #263
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Okay, you guys are absolutely amazing for keeping this going...and I am absolutely terrible for abandoning it.

Post away!
Old 02-12-2008, 08:35 PM   #264
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:

Oh no! Our game moderator is trying to join us! Block her, block her!

Really my dear, what did you think we would say?
Old 02-13-2008, 06:48 AM   #265
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Yay, Durelin's here!

What do you Dury think of us abandoning the town storyline and moving the active characters to the forest? Will you write alone something about the village doings or have Parkun following the rest? I think the latter scenario might be hilarious, the "defenders" disappearing to the forest one by one...
Old 02-13-2008, 10:05 AM   #266
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:

Yes, anything to get another active character back into the game!
Old 02-13-2008, 10:30 AM   #267
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hehe, perhaps I was trying to buy myself a bit of time? Or just was trying to be dramatic?

Yes, post, what a novel idea. * at self*

That sounds like a great idea, Lommy, and I agree - the latter would be quite amusing... Everything already seems to be wonderfully disorganized. It's awesome!

If no one minds, I think I'll kinda pick up Toby a bit. I think I will have Parkun fully separated from the group for the time being...

So, Erling, Kuric, Sam, and Grorin are all right outside town/at the gate. Ash and Lea are within earshot of them, taking Orin home...so that leaves everyone who's been MIA at the inn: Toby, Parkun, Madoc, Grimbeorn, and Robby.

I think Madoc and Robby should be written out somehow. I agree we we can perhaps carry along Grimbeorn for now.

So I'll get Toby, Grimbeorn, Parkun moving at least, if not all in the same direction...

Edit: Nevermind, sorry, just realized Grimbeorn has been carried along with Ash and Lea!

Edit #2:

I posted! That felt good... I thought it best to start toward the direction of perhaps having everyone meet up again, but not best to have two more people randomly show up at the Bree gate and add to the confusion. Parkun is taking Toby on an odd "shortcut"...whether or not they end up where Parkun intends is left up to whether or not the others run into the pair.

I decided that Madoc left for want of food and a nap. Robby I think snuck off by himself because he wanted to accomplish some adventuring on his own and come back a sort of hero (or perhaps he thought he should follow Madoc to make sure he wasn't up to something, hehe?). Is that good enough for everyone? They can easily come back/be brought back from that, but can also just as easily be left out of the picture...even if it is all vague and...random...

Last edited by Durelin; 02-13-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:02 PM   #268
Dunwen
Wight

I've added a post where Sam introduces himself by name to Groin. Additionally, I've used hobbits' acute sense of hearing to identify the other half of our band.

Hopefully, I've left leeway at the end for Ash or anyone in his group to react how he/she wishes.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:39 PM   #269
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunwen View Post
I've added a post where Sam introduces himself by name to Groin. Additionally, I've used hobbits' acute sense of hearing to identify the other half of our band.

Hopefully, I've left leeway at the end for Ash or anyone in his group to react how he/she wishes.
I added something I thought would be fun. I'm willing to delete it if you think it better to not have it.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:59 PM   #270
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dunwen and mormegil, you did a bang of job!
Old 02-16-2008, 07:51 AM   #271
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wow. Our characters are in a rather dangerous position.

I'll see if I can get around to post writing today.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:39 PM   #272
Dunwen
Wight

Nice one, Morm -- and so in character for Kuric.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:01 PM   #273
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

I just wanted to let you all know I do have a plan for some excitement (and getting everyone into the forest...and I mean into...) very soon...

Yes, I actually have a plan!
Old 02-20-2008, 12:26 PM   #274
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Where is Lommy?
Old 02-21-2008, 08:46 PM   #275
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finduilas View Post
Where is Lommy?
Here, doing nothing.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:00 PM   #276
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Mormegil walks in, quickly picks up a stick and begins poking people in the arm.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:22 AM   #277
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oh dear. I don't feel like posting today, but I wont be able to post tomorrow or Sunday. Thinlo, it'd be great if you could post, but I will try to get something up this afternoon. Sorry for the delay.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:10 AM   #278
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I just want to make sure we don't lose the bit of momentum we've built up.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:56 PM   #279
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'll post next!
Old 02-23-2008, 09:05 AM   #280
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I can post either today or tomorrow, depends on when I manage to steal some time for it.