The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-18-2009, 09:32 PM   #401
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Hahaha.

You know what happens when people say my lists and opinions look fabricated?

Most, if not all of the time. Either A) They are wolves and are trying to find someone to lynch or throw under a moving ship to save themselves. Or B) They actually have nothing to say.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:32 PM   #402
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
So what's your point? That I'm a wolf? A cobbler? Fine, put your vote where your mouth is, if you don't mind taking the chance Sally dies too (and I can't change my pick until DL, anyway).
Well now, Rikae, if you be tryin' to hold Sally's death over our heads, then why be you votin' for her? You apparrrently find her suspicious enough to have to walk that tharrr plank.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:39 PM   #403
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Can someone answer this? If Rikae is truthful, and as Boro said, the hunter is more dangerous known to the baddies, what would the reason be for broadcasting her current pick, as well as who she's considering for the next Night? What if she's made the wrong choice?
They lose nothing by doing away with her in the Night.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:39 PM   #404
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
No answer now? Doesn't matter. I probably wouldn't be believin' ye now if ye did answer me.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:40 PM   #405
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathie-poo
Now Rikae, this be makin' things difficult for me since you be the sensible defensive vote for me, if I want to stay in me skin a few days longer. It's nothin' personal, but you be havin' the next highest number of votes. What to do, what to do...
Along with Nogrod - and Annu has the same number of votes you do. But of course you'd rather get rid of the hunter as safely as possible, wouldn't you?

I could help you in your dilemma by switching my vote to you, though, if you like...
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:41 PM   #406
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Can someone answer this? If Rikae is truthful, and as Boro said, the hunter is more dangerous known to the baddies, what would the reason be for broadcasting her current pick, as well as who she's considering for the next Night? What if she's made the wrong choice?
They lose nothing by doing away with her in the Night.
Hm, that be sound salin' and true words, methinks.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #407
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
It's too late for this.
I'm staying the course. Let the cards fall as they may.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #408
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Gwath, while I agree that the other people voting for you may not have the best reasons, I'm afraid I still suspect you more than the rest o' the crew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzy
what would the reason be for broadcasting her current pick, as well as who she's considering for the next Night?
What she says about her picks might or might not coincide with the truth.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #409
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Along with Nogrod - and Annu has the same number of votes you do.
Oh. You be right about that.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:45 PM   #410
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Don't expect me to answer your questions instantly, I'm not just sitting by the computer.

I think recent posts give me an idea what's going on here (which is a very nice thing for a hunter to have):

Izzy looks like a co-conspirator.

Gwath appears to be an aggressor.

Sally is not an aggressor, in that case.

Inzil is either not thinking at all before typing, or evil.]

It appears my reveal has been very helpful - which it would not have been if I had not made it in time to influence people's actions.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:47 PM   #411
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Hm, that be sound salin' and true words, methinks.
Translation: "Thanks for the tip, cobbler"?
Old 06-18-2009, 09:47 PM   #412
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I personally think the Hunter is more dangerous not known to the baddies.

If known, why would the baddies try to kill them? Hunter could be hunting one of them. Trying would be like waving a flag saying "Woof Woof. I'm a baddie!". Also if more dangerous known, then why isn't the hunter known from the beginning?

I think she said she was looking for those willing to lynch Sally/Lommy.. or something of that nature.

If people are un-willing to lynch either of those, then it could suggest that one of them or both is a wolf. If Hunter is hunting an innocent and blurts it out...

X'd since #407.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:48 PM   #413
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Arrr, this be sour. At this point, I more than likely will be votin' either Annu, since I don't feel like dyin' today, or Rikae, whose hunter claim doesn't make a great deal of sense to me - though there be no reason she couldn't wait till tomorrow.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:48 PM   #414
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
At first I didn't think Inzy's initial mistrust of Rikae was suspicious, but now that he insists on it, I get a co-conspiratory feeling from him.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:49 PM   #415
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

++Gwathagor

To take the winds out of the sails of the Rikae-waggon.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:49 PM   #416
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Translation: "Thanks for the tip, cobbler"?
Because...the remark was anti-Rikae?
Old 06-18-2009, 09:51 PM   #417
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Because...the remark was anti-Rikae?
Because the remark was helpful only to aggressors?
Old 06-18-2009, 09:52 PM   #418
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Arr, shipmates, now that Rikae ha' revealed, I reckon we can no be lynchin' her toDay.

She might be lyin', 'tis, true, but we dursn't risk lynchin' th' venger.

--Rikae.

EDIT:X'd wi' some lubbers.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:57 PM   #419
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I be agreein' that yon Izzy is liker a co-conspie than anythin'.

An' Mr Gangrenous, ye ha' made fair p'ints against Rikae to begin wi', but ye ha' taken it too far– can ye not see 'tis too great a risk to lynch her?

Now who to vote?

EDIT: punctuation.

Last edited by Nerwen; 06-18-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:59 PM   #420
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I think the helpfulness of your reveal, remains to be seen.

If you thought so.. your vote speaks otherwise.

++Nog

For reasons stated previously.

X'd with Nerwen.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:59 PM   #421
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

++Annu.

'Tis he or Gwath... they both looks summat suspic-u-ous.

EDIT:X'd wi' Izzy.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:59 PM   #422
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Because the remark was helpful only to aggressors?
Well, now I'm mad enough to swear. I'm more than a little offended that you honestly think I'm that stupid and that you honestly think you're that brilliant. Done talking to you now.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:00 PM   #423
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

++Annu
Old 06-18-2009, 10:02 PM   #424
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Belay that talk! Deadline. I should probably check my tally since it was close, but I believe it is Annu who is dead.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:03 PM   #425
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Well, now I'm mad enough to swear. I'm more than a little offended that you honestly think I'm that stupid and that you honestly think you're that brilliant. Done talking to you now.
What the @#@%@#$ are you talking about?

EDIT: "and that you honestly think you're that brilliant"
That is unforgivable. Apparently you're not just offended because I supposedly think you're stupid, but because I have a higher opinion of myself than you consider appropriate. Outrageous.

I'm seriously considering dropping out of the game now. I don't need to put up with this crap.

Last edited by Rikae; 06-18-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:26 AM   #426
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Day 3

It was a steamin' day 'n th' tension on th' Grey Gaurhoth was almost as stiflin' as th' heat. Th' crew was droppin' like flies, 'n yet they remained as clueless as ever as to who their mutineers could be. They argued 'n discussed, 'n fin'ers went in all directions.
When accusations were flung at Puffy Shirt Rikae, she retorted, "Well if ye lynch me, then that Legless Sally Dawkins dies too." Her claim as avenger had various responses; some found themselves willin' to believe her, while others remained a wee bit more paranoid. "Why reveal now?" asked Inziladun Jones. "Ye weren't 'bout to walk th' plank just yet."

But in th' end, it was decided that High-Pitched Annu was bein' far too sneaky fer her own jolly. Surely she was up to no good, 'n to be rid 'o her would be fer th' better 'o th' crew.
"Have ye any final words?" Shark Tooth Shasta asked th' surgeon.
But Annu, tired from th' day's events, was too busy takin' a caulk to notice her own fate. Poop Deck Kath gave her a harrrd nudge, but she only rolled over 'n continued to snore.
Shruggin', Cowerin' Gwath said, "Well, who said she had to be awake fer her own execution?"

So Almost-Blind Nerwen picked up High-Pitched Annu's saw 'n began sawin' her right down th' middle. Meanwhile, th' surgeon continued to snore away. Halfway through, she began to giggle 'n she muttered, "Arrr, that tickles," then resumed snorin'. When Nerwen finished, High-Pitched Annu had be split in a pair. Immediately, her bottom half jumped to its feet 'n ran around in confused circle in a similar manner to a headless chicken. After 'bout a jolly five minutes, th' dizzy legs wobbled, then toppled overboard wit' a loud plop.

When High-Pitched Annu finally awoke, dusk had already settled in. Her long nap had left her feelin' rejuvenated, yet she could not help but feel 'tis odd ting'lin' sensation below her...
"Avast, thar, whar did me legs be off?" she cried aloud.
Lookin' around, she observed th' pool 'o blood she was lyin' on 'n th' pair 'o very familiar footprints that circled her several times over, then led straight off th' edge 'o th' deck.
Th' surgeon sighed. "Well, they may have gotten me bottom half, but at least me better half remains onboard. Hands be all a surgeon needs 'n so long as I got them, I be jolly."
'An since she had no legs to take her to her bunk, High-Pitched Annu closed her eyes 'n went back to sleep on th' deck.

The Living:

-Legless Sally Dawkins ~ Carpenter
-Puffy Shirt Rikae ~ Cabin Boy
-Pirate Lommy the Infected ~ Quartermaster
-Gangrenous Inziladun Jones ~ Pilot
-Pirate Boromir the Malformed ~ Gunner
-Stutterin’ Wilwa Scab ~ Cook
-Shark Tooth Shasta ~ First mate
-Snifflin’ Mac Sparrow ~ Cooper
-Almost-Blind Nerwen ~ Navigator/Sea Artist
-Poop Deck Kath ~ Musician (Pipe)
-Cowerin' Gwath Slasher ~ Powder Monkey
-Pirate Nogrod the Fashionably Late ~ Gunner
-Ham-Hands Izzy ~ Striker
-Short Ruth Mithril ~ Cook
-Stinkin' Eön Bloodbeard ~ Powder Monkey

The Ghosted:

-Black Death Brinn ~ Captain ~ shish kabobed (mod)
-Slippery McCabbie Dagger ~ Boatswain ~ danced the hempen jig
-Lil' Green the Staggering Drunk ~ Powder Monkey ~ drank up all the rum
-Dancin' Mira Blythe ~ Striker ~ danced her way off the deck
-Whinin’ Eomer Bonny ~ Musician (Pur-loined Violin) ~ his pur-loined violin pur-loined him (or rather, his life)
-High-Pitched Annu ~ Surgeon ~ halved by her own saw

Night 4 has begun. Gifteds and aggressors, do whatever you need to do.

Last edited by Brinniel; 06-19-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:39 PM   #427
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Night 4

That nightfall, Stutterin' Wilwa Scab could not sleep. While everyone else's minds were on who to lynch next, her thoughts remained elsewhere. Sighin', she pulled out her journal 'n began to doodle. In th' candlelight, th' scribblin's could be read as "I heart Davy Jones."
She whispered to herself, "Oh Davy Jones, don't ye be knowin' how I lust ye? Just gift me a sign 'n I'll be yours fer all eternity."

'An as though Davy Jones had indeed heard her, Wilwa Scab shifted her candlelight to spot baskin' in th' small flame's glow, a small chest wit' a dagger restin' on top.
"Well, I suppose that's gunna do," said th' cook. Grabbin' th' chest 'n dagger, she eagerly ran up to th' top 'o th' deck.

Above deck, th' air smelled 'o salt 'n dark clouds threatened that a rainstorm was on its way. Standin' at th' railin', Wilwa Scab closed her eyes 'n smiled.
"I can almost spy wit' me eye ye now, Davy Jones," she gushed.
Without further thought, she plunged th' dagger into her chest 'n wit' it, she dug out her own heart. She then carefully placed her heart inside th' chest, shut it tight, then threw it into th' sea. Wilwa Scab watched th' chest disappear wit' a giddy smile on her face. Her smile soon turned to worry as she realised she was still on deck.
"Oh begad," she moaned. "Bein' a ghost be just plain rotten. How be th' infamous tale 'bout th' affair 'o Wilwa Scab 'n Davy Jones ever to be told if I be to forever walkin' upon 'tis cursed ship?"
Th' disappointed Wilwa sat below upon th' deck 'n waited fer her lover to snatch her away. Unfortunately fer th' cook, it was a wait that could take a very long time.

Th' next mornin', th' crew woke to find th' body 'o Wilwa Scab. She told them her desperate tale, 'n it was apparent that she was her own victim, not th' aggressors'. Yet no other body could be found in sight.
"What happened?" wondered Lommy th' Infected. "Be all th' aggressors dead?"
"Nah," Boromir th' Malformed replied. "If that were so, we wouldn't still be in 'tis mess. Seems that not only be these swabs filthy mutineers, but they be lazy too."
"Lucky fer us," noted Ham-Hands Izzy.

The Living:

-Legless Sally Dawkins ~ Carpenter
-Puffy Shirt Rikae ~ Cabin Boy
-Pirate Lommy the Infected ~ Quartermaster
-Gangrenous Inziladun Jones ~ Pilot
-Pirate Boromir the Malformed ~ Gunner
-Shark Tooth Shasta ~ First mate
-Snifflin’ Mac Sparrow ~ Cooper
-Almost-Blind Nerwen ~ Navigator/Sea Artist
-Poop Deck Kath ~ Musician (Pipe)
-Cowerin' Gwath Slasher ~ Powder Monkey
-Pirate Nogrod the Fashionably Late ~ Gunner
-Ham-Hands Izzy ~ Striker
-Short Ruth Mithril ~ Cook
-Stinkin' Eön Bloodbeard ~ Powder Monkey

The Ghosted:

-Black Death Brinn ~ Captain ~ shish kabobed (mod)
-Slippery McCabbie Dagger ~ Boatswain ~ danced the hempen jig
-Lil' Green the Staggering Drunk ~ Powder Monkey ~ drank up all the rum
-Dancin' Mira Blythe ~ Striker ~ danced her way off the deck
-Whinin’ Eomer Bonny ~ Musician (Pur-loined Violin) ~ his pur-loined violin pur-loined him (or rather, his life)
-High-Pitched Annu ~ Surgeon ~ halved by her own saw
-Stutterin’ Wilwa Scab ~ Cook ~ gave her heart to Davy Jones

Day 4 has begun. Start talkin'.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:00 AM   #428
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Iiiiinterestin'. So there was no kill because of inactivity?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:18 AM   #429
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

First thing toDay is to explain, not defend, my vote for Rikae.
As I said earlier, I thought the timing of the reveal highly suspect. It simply seemed unnecessary at that point. I began asking questions of Rikae which I thought reasonable. I had no intention of voting for her at first, even though many people were not there at that time and a counter claim still seemed at least possible to me. Still, I was willing to wait til the next Day to see what the others would say when given a chance.
Then, I was met with this:

Quote:
So what's your point? That I'm a wolf? A cobbler? Fine, put your vote where your mouth is, if you don't mind taking the chance Sally dies too (and I can't change my pick until DL, anyway).
Now, I was more than a little tired, and this put my back up. So I voted for her. Then I got rather frustrated, because from what I could tell, everyone else seemed to think nothing unusual of Rikae's behaviour. Finally, I went to bed, sticking with my vote, since it appeared it would make no difference anyway.
It's no more complex than that. Make of it what you will.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:21 AM   #430
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Iiiiinterestin'. So there was no kill because of inactivity?
Strange, indeed. I wonder what is going on.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:37 AM   #431
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Mehbe Willa was the kill, so Brinn didn't modfire her because....well, because I suppose, since she was just going to be ghosted anyway. What do you think? Plausible?
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:38 AM   #432
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

There are no mutineers and Brin is running some sort of sick and twisted experiment on us all.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:48 AM   #433
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
There are no mutineers and Brin is running some sort of sick and twisted experiment on us all.

If that's the case I'm suing for plagiarism, because I totally thought of it when doing my game. (Then again, who hasn't?!)
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:12 AM   #434
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Mehbe Willa was the kill, so Brinn didn't modfire her because....well, because I suppose, since she was just going to be ghosted anyway. What do you think? Plausible?
Nah. Either it's a Ranger-save, or else the baddies forgot to send in the kill... and the narration indicates the latter.

Which might mean we've managed to knock off one or two of them.

Quote:
If that's the case I'm suing for plagiarism, because I totally thought of it when doing my game.
Why doesn't that surprise me?
Old 06-20-2009, 05:39 AM   #435
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Anyone around?
Old 06-20-2009, 06:30 AM   #436
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Hmm... So I'm guessing that either the wolves forgot/weren't able to send their kill or a modifiring takes the place of a kill to give us clueless innocents more of a chance.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:46 AM   #437
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Nah. Either it's a Ranger-save, or else the baddies forgot to send in the kill... and the narration indicates the latter.
I tend to agree with this. The narrative didn't appear to say anything about ranger involvement.
All this time and no one else has been here? After the chaos yesterDay?
Old 06-20-2009, 06:57 AM   #438
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
And just before I start being accused of bandwaggoning (like Gwath already did yesterday), I would like to say that I was working on my list and vote post at the same time (on different tabs) and so didn't see Wilwa's vote until I refreshed the thread before posting my vote post (if you look carefully you'll see I added the x-post bit just before I posted my vote post).

Just wanted to point that out...

Now to mutineer hunting! (No, that's not a reveal )

edit: didn't x-post
Old 06-20-2009, 07:09 AM   #439
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I tend to agree with this. The narrative didn't appear to say anything about ranger involvement.
All this time and no one else has been here? After the chaos yesterDay?
Lying low, it seems...

Quote:
This is something I forgot to say before: your little theory assumes Wilwa's not an aggressor. We don't know that. At least I don't.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:38 AM   #440
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I think the narration implies quite clearly that the mutineers didn't send in a kill. Why, it is an interesting question. The most probable reason is that they messed it up - someone promised to send in the kill and forgot, the others left it up to one of them and s/he didn't happen to come to be around before DL, anything. That's happened before. Or then, they didn't send in a kill in order to confuse us. I think our Cap' has done that as a wolf and with rather confusing results. So, sadly, I don't think we can deduce much of the kill - except that I'm slightly inclined to agree with Nerwen that if the mutineers were all alive, the chance to such a slip would be smaller (if it was a slip). And with no clear reason this missing kill makes me suspicious of the missing Nogrod.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote