The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-10-2011, 11:46 PM   #361
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laeko_Randalis View Post
Oh, flub it all, I see no one else wants to cast the first vote in that direction, either, so I'm going to do it and hope the wolves don't come for me next.

++Azura
No. I'm still here and thinking. I'm just exhausted from the grind right now. And don't know what any more analysis could do to help, as the same possibilities just keep recycling in my head.

I mean, I know of Kath or Greenie, it doesn't make sense for both to be innocent, or both to be wolves. But which one is the wolf, I have no clue anymore. Greenie looks worse, but that's mostly because the last few days I've spent assuming Kath was an innocent seer dream. And that could be a dangerous assumption to make considering the stakes.

Then either you or Azura is a wolf. And while Azura's vote looks bad yesterday, and he has rather suspiciously reminding us of his newbie status...as Nerwen says. He just looks uninterested. While, you Laeko, could have mastered what we would call, slipping under the radar.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:54 PM   #362
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
P.S. A "flaw," as it were, in a certain logical string I'm seeing: if I were a calculating/coached wolf, would I really have made my stupid tie-maker back when I voted Nerwen?
I have no idea, but if you're a wolf, I wouldn't call that vote stupid. But it reminds me now of how frustrated I was with your vote that day.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:02 AM   #363
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I mean, I know of Kath or Greenie, it doesn't make sense for both to be innocent, or both to be wolves. But which one is the wolf, I have no clue anymore. Greenie looks worse, but that's mostly because the last few days I've spent assuming Kath was an innocent seer dream. And that could be a dangerous assumption to make considering the stakes.
I know. Sally could have dreamed you after all. Or even TEW.

I'm basically leaving you out of this, Boro. Again, I suppose you and Zil could have done a super wolf-on-wolf act yesterDay, but I don't think there's much point worrying about that at this stage.

Anyway, I'll tell you now that I self-protected, so i can't give the village a known innocent. I wanted to hold off saying this in case the wolves gave something away.

EDIT:X'd with Boro; this post took several minutes to load, so I think I've missed the DL.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:03 AM   #364
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Crap, I started reading about oil tar pits and lost track of time...

++Greenie

(I think the vote will be too late...?)
Old 11-11-2011, 12:04 AM   #365
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
++Greenie.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:07 AM   #366
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Yep, those votes are too late. That was stupid of me. I should have voted early– my connection did the exact same thing yesterDay.

Do we even know what happens, in the case of a tie?
Old 11-11-2011, 12:12 AM   #367
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I mean, I had– or should have had– about eight minutes to spare when I made that post *before* my vote-post.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:13 AM   #368
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Do we even know what happens, in the case of a tie?
I don't think there's a double-lynch, but I don't know how Shasta would break the tie. The standard, last person voted?
Old 11-11-2011, 12:16 AM   #369
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
I mean, I had– or should have had– about eight minutes to spare when I made that post *before* my vote-post.
I read a message linking to a news article about the Keystone Pipeline in Alberta, and for some reason thought I still had like 10-15 minutes.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:23 AM   #370
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Well, this is really stupid.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:28 AM   #371
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I mean, unless whoever ends up dying is, in fact, guilty, this is going to be one horribly anti-climactic end to the game. Spoils it for both sidea, really. Um... sorry.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:26 AM   #372
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Since you've lynched the innocent Azura and the wolves have already chosen to kill Nerwen, the game is over. Congratulations to the wolves - Inziladun, Boro, and Kath.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:13 AM   #373
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Ah well ah well! But I think given the terrible odds on the last couple of Days, the village put up some fight. Congrats to the WWs, though! Sorry to those I had suspected wrongfully - especially Nerwen. And sorry to those I had ceased to suspect rightfully - namely Boro And now I also have another good guideline for knowing when Kath is a Wolf. It seemed awkward to me that you seemed so easily readable. Nothing to say about Inzil, though. I had the funny feeling you might be one of the WWs, but you were just too far from the center of my attention...

I am quite happy that neither of the newbies turned to be the WWs, though. Hope the two of you enjoyed it and that you might continue playing with us. Especially Laeko, once the ball got rolling, turned to be quite active, which was nice.

Last of all, I really enjoyed playing this. It must have been ages since I have last played WW. Great stuff and great experience. Thanks, Shasta! And all you wonderful people (despite the not-so-glorious outcome on my part ). So when's next?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:22 AM   #374
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
You're all horrible people. I'm going to work now.

In my absence, try to actually read my posts for a change, and remember that the cupcake always speaks the truth.

I am disappoint. So very disappoint.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:52 AM   #375
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Excellent! High fives, mates! Never doubted you for a second.

I have to admit though, the moment Boro sealed my fate on Day 4, my thought was I stayed up 1 1/2 hours past my bedtime for this?

Quote:
I'm basically leaving you out of this, Boro. Again, I suppose you and Zil could have done a super wolf-on-wolf act yesterDay, but I don't think there's much point worrying about that at this stage.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:20 AM   #376
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

The wolf on wolf vote for Inzil the day before...sheer dumb accident (that at least worked to my benefit).

I had no clue what Nerwen was going to do so I was imagining some weird scenario where she voted Inzil, I voted Greenie. Inzil would be lynched, then I'd be exposed and Kath wouldn't look as shiny. Had I not been so paranoid, yeah...flipping mad.

Thanks Shasta. Wonderful game.

That was the first time I was a wolf with Inzil and Kath. Awesome mates.

Sorry, Greenie, Legate. I'll fight against my lupinity until I'm lynched. No pity for furriness.

Last edited by Boromir88; 11-11-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:00 AM   #377
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
I had no clue what Nerwen was going to do so I was imagining some weird scenario where she voted Inzil, I voted Greenie. Inzil would be lynched, then I'd be exposed and Kath wouldn't look as shiny. Had I not been so paranoid, yeah...flipping mad.
Heh. I was hoping Azura wouldn't vote and would be modfired, and we could all vote for Greenie and win it right there. The, he and Laeko showed up at the last minute, and there went that plan.

We had talked the Night before about faking a Ranger reveal, but we were only going to do it if our kill on Kitanna had been blocked. When Nerwen revealed right at the end of the Day, it caught me flat-footed. Boro posted something like "Do you have a response to that, Inzil?" I thought it would be pointless to counter Nerwen that late in the Day, as I was already heavily suspected and no one would believe me. My response was to stay silent and put in a vote for Greenie at the last minute, thinking Boro would follow me and if nothing else, we'd have an interesting tie. But it all worked out for the best.

Quote:
That was the first time I was a wolf with Inzil and Kath. Awesome mates.
Same here. I'd never gotten to be packmates with either of you before, and it was a blast.

I didn't have as much time for the game as I'd thought I would, and I was worried that had hurt my side.
The day before the game actually started, I got a new boss, and was handed a routine task that normally I'm given a week to accomplish. This time, I was told it needed to be done by the next day. My apology for being useless on Day 1 was outwardly to everyone, but secretly to my mates. Anyway though, like I said, it turned out all right.

Thanks for modding, Shasta!

And good game, village! I was really hoping you'd accomplish a rare feat and lynch an innocent Nerwen. You made it challenging for us and a lot of fun at the same time.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:55 AM   #378
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I'm sorry for my lack of participation on the last Day. Having now read the thread I can see I wasn't really in line for lynching anyway but I did feel like I'd ended up asking for a bye on a Day when the village couldn't afford it.

That said, yay Boro and Inzil!
Old 11-11-2011, 01:10 PM   #379
Laeko_Randalis
Pile O'Bones

Laeko_Randalis has just left Hobbiton.
So much for my Azura going submarine theory. Boro was next on my suspicion list solely on account of how he, the most brilliant of all members, hadn't figured out anything in terms of messages Sally had left us. And that was DESPITE the fact that Sally told me she had in fact done so.
Laeko_Randalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #380
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
So much for my Azura going submarine theory. Boro was next on my suspicion list solely on account of how he, the most brilliant of all members, hadn't figured out anything in terms of messages Sally had left us. And that was DESPITE the fact that Sally told me she had in fact done so.
While this did make me laugh, I'm far from the most brilliant, at least I hadn't been able to spot any hidden seer messages. I am curious to find out what her seer dreams were, because I was going off that she dreamed me than Kit and left clues in our GoT bantering. I just manipulated her "I trust your judgement" and reaction to Kath's vote to the pack's wolvish agenda.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #381
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Funnily enough, Sally's first dream was of you, Boro. Then Kitanna (though she almost picked Kath), then Greenie.

Nerwen protected Kath twice, but I don't remember who else.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:44 PM   #382
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
First and foremost, I owe an apology to the village for being so useless. I don't know what got into me on the last couple hours of D2, but next morning, when rereading, I asked my self a number of times where was my head at the critical moment.

One thing that everyone seemed to misinterpret about my behaviour, though, is that I genuinely suspected Nerwen. What is it with hunters and rangers trying to kill each other? I think it's her name:Nerwen makes me nervous, haha....

About Bom: at Night I automatically sent the name of my second highest suspect (first has been Pitch... is there something about yellow boots that annoys me?) and I was on the verge of switching it to Nerwen, when I thought that I'm very unsure about her - and Bom messes with my brain a lot too - but Bom would be an enigma that no one would know what to do with, so I left my pick as it was...

Wolves have done a terrific job this game. I wasn't sure about anything regarding Kath and Zil, but I was completely certain that Boro was an innocent. Looking back through D1, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
So, right this moment, G55, Elf-Warrior, Kitanna and Azura haven't posted yet? I'm thinking of taking a random stab in the dark at one of them.
Oh, a stab in the dark, you say! Aha! :P
This is really sad. Just proves the point that in order for an innocent to find out the roles of other players thay just have to take my list of suspicions and invert it. :/

Am I really the only person who saw something seerish in sally before her death? This, I believe, is the only exception to the above theory.

Anyways, great game everyone, and thanks Shasta for modding!

Oh, and by the way, wolves - why exactly did you kill sally? TEW? Kit?

Last edited by Galadriel55; 11-11-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:54 PM   #383
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
In fact, I completely forgot about that...

But at least I can gloat about the famous "sure sally did not dream of innocent Boro, look at her Day 2 list!" claim.

But then again, sally, you weren't the most obvious, were you? Could you please show us blind silly people where exactly did you point your dreams out, if you did? Why, for the love of Eru, didn't you post something clear enough for us to be able to vote him off once you were dead and we knew you were the Seer? You know how dumb we people are! You must be plain with us!

And yes, I join Gal: Wolves, why the picks you picked?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 11-11-2011, 03:04 PM   #384
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I don't have the early PMs anymore, but if I remember correctly, our kills were made for these reasons. Correct me if I forget something, mates.

Night 2- TEW: We thought there was a chance he was some sort of Gifted, if not the Seer. We noted he'd used the "Sting" and I think the "Leaf" icons, and thought he was as good a choice as any.

Night 3- Sally: We settled on Sally because we thought she was acting odd in general, and Boro had gotten the hints she'd made about him. We also did not think she was likely to be protected.

Night 4- Kitanna: We were hoping she might be the Ranger, but again the thought of an unlikely protection was the main draw.

I wasn't part of the discussions Night 5.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:10 PM   #385
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I forgot to add that our decision to go after Kitanna was also influenced by the impressive back-and-forth between Greenie and Nerwen Day 3. We hoped that if we left them both alive, they would keep after each other and forget about us.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:14 PM   #386
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Night 5 there wasn't much discussion.

Shasta felt it fair to inform us that the Ranger could self-protect. But here were the PMs I sent to Kath and Shasta about the kill:

Quote:
Hmm. I still think we can try to go for Nerwen. If she protects herself, all we need is a successful lynch, then we kill Nerwen the next night and it's over. Or Nerwen's already protected herself once, then no worries.

Laeko will probably be seen innocent because of his vote. But if we go for him, this puts you into question, because right now everyone is willing to accept sally dreamed you innocent. If we go for Laeko, they may start questioning that assumption of sally's dream (which in fact was a complete lie made up by me )

Despite the botch yesterday. I think we can make Greenie and Azura look the most wolvish tomorrow, and Laeko would be a useful ally. Even though Greenie voted for Inzil, we can still make it look wolf-on-wolf since she was the other person under threat to be lynched. We can use that to describe the sort of craziness at the end of yesterday, that 2 wolves were under threat of being lynched and therefor had to vote wolf-on-wolf.

If Nerwen protects herself, it doesn't change much, one more innocent lynch and we'll still win. And you can also have some protection at still looking innocent, because obviously the wolves would want to go for the revealed ranger, and not someone believe dreamed ordo.
Eeeeevilll.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:14 PM   #387
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh, and if you don't mind telling, whoever you are - who gave me a blank rep for my first post on this thread in the middle of D1?
Old 11-11-2011, 04:35 PM   #388
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Oh my, oh my. Well played, wolves! I had my doubts about Zil, and I couldn't quite place Kath (although you looked mostly good to me most of the game), but I wouldn't have dreamed that Boro would turn out to be a wolf - mostly because I figured out that sally could be the Seer about halfway through Day 1 (where I stopped prodding her about her flirting) and thought she had dreamed him innocent. (Really, sally, if there were any hints pointing to wolf-Boro in your posts, I'd like them pointed out; I'm too dumb for your subtlety.) And that wolf-on-wolf on D4 was high-class. Hats off to Legate for being on the right track!

Moral: Time homines tuxedatos et in lupum necandum suffragantes! (Beware of men in tuxedos even if they vote to lynch a wolf!)

G55, my vote for you on D1 was a bit of a shot in the dark, but you did look a lot like wolf-Gal from last game to me (though with hindsight, it's probably just your style). Then after my death, when you started to de facto beg for being lynched towards the end of D2, I was like "Oh crap, don't say she's the Hunter!" Of course you were, but your choice of pick was another shock, because I'd fully expected you to go after Nerwen (not like that would have been an improvement). Ah well, better luck next time.

(By the way, while your voting me "out of spite" wasn't exactly the best reason, I can't say I didn't understand it, in a way. Are we even now?)

Bom, that altercation between us on D1 went a bit further than it probably should have gone - I mean, I was aware I was going for an easy target and didn't really have a big point against you, but I was also trying to provoke reactions and catch a wolf who might be too eager to join me in Bom-bashing. (With hindsight, Boro agreeing with me against you might have given me pause, but apparently my sensors were blind on his side. So much for having nice ideas and failing in practice.) Anyway, I hope we can play again together without me being at your neck on D1.

Alas, my fellow-innocents, we were up against a top sneaky team. Nerwen and Greenie, I wonder whether you could have swung the pendulum with a bit more mutual trust - but that's of course easy to say with hindsight, and you certainly did your best. Laeko and Azura, thanks for playing, I hope you enjoyed the game and will join us for another one (and maybe be a bit more talkative next time around).

Thanks for modding, Shasta; it was a fun game, if a bit too short on my part - therefore:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
So when's next?
Seconded!
Old 11-11-2011, 05:08 PM   #389
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Then after my death, when you started to de facto beg for being lynched towards the end of D2, I was like "Oh crap, don't say she's the Hunter!"
Another point to add to how useless I was. Before the game started I decided I'm gonna try find the Seer, then read the hints and try to look like a Seer, so that the wolves would kill me and lose one of their number, as well of saving the seer the trouble of revealing. And of course those brilliant WW plans never seem to work for me. Although I suspected sally of seering, I didn't get any clues about her dreams. And then I got caught up with suspecting Nerwen -for real. At the very end of D2 I started doubting my suspicions, so when the votes were me-6 and Nerwen-4, with 2 more to vote, I decided that it's better that I'd die, so I didn't reveal until after the voting. I was messing around for a while though - what else is there to do when you're committing suicide?

Quote:
Of course you were, but your choice of pick was another shock, because I'd fully expected you to go after Nerwen (not like that would have been an improvement). Ah well, better luck next time.
Well, as I said, I almost did go for Nerwen. Almost.

Quote:
(By the way, while your voting me "out of spite" wasn't exactly the best reason, I can't say I didn't understand it, in a way. Are we even now?)
Well, I guess so... We would have been if you were a wolf. But the fact that I harmed my own side in the voting takes away the shine. I kinda feel that it's the opposite way now, that you have to lynch me to get even again... That's what voting out of spite does to you.........

A question (or a few of them) for Boro: did you really fake all that frustration with me on D2? It sounded so genuine that it put a second checkmark next to your innocence in my books, right next to the one for sally's trust. Did you figure out that I must be the Hunter, so you decided to lynch me quick before I could suspect any wolf?

And by the way, if anyone is wondering what the Udun I was talking about when I said that I wrote exactly who I'm hunting, it's here. On hindsight, I could have devised a more clever way to say it. But I got the idea from a very-long-ago WW game, and since then I usually check posts for this kind of hinting, so I thought others do also. Anyone still wanna try to figure it out, or should I just say it?
Old 11-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #390
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
And by the way, if anyone is wondering what the Udun I was talking about when I said that I wrote exactly who I'm hunting, it's here. On hindsight, I could have devised a more clever way to say it. But I got the idea from a very-long-ago WW game, and since then I usually check posts for this kind of hinting, so I thought others do also. Anyone still wanna try to figure it out, or should I just say it?
Ah, it's the initials saying: PREY Bom. Clever indeed, and if you know what to look for, it's rather obvious - if you don't, not so much (but that's the problem with acrostics in general).
Old 11-11-2011, 05:29 PM   #391
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Leaf Pitch gets the lembas! (double portions of lembas this game?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Ah, it's the initials saying: PREY Bom. Clever indeed, and if you know what to look for, it's rather obvious - if you don't, not so much (but that's the problem with acrostics in general).
Yup, that's it. (Though I meant the title to also go in it, to say I PREY Bom) I remember a post in some ww game or other that said something like "The first letters of the paragraphs in this post of playerX spell COBBLER". I don't remember who, when, why, and etc said it, but the idea stuck.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #392
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The cupcake always speaks the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me, to Kit
It's nice to know at least one person who's on my side.

In other news, I woke up ridiculously sick this morning. I didn't sleep well the Night before last, so that didn't help. Anyway, it's doubtful I'll be around much toDay, but I'll try. Hopefully I'll feel better in a few hours (for instance, after killing a werewolf).

Oh, and whoever posts a snazzy vote count from yesterDay gets free cupcake snuggles.
And then later in the Day, I talk about said werewolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me, to Boro
So, my sweet prince, why was EW killed rather than me or Kit or someone else? Theorize! Hypothesize! Lobotomize! (Well, maybe not the last one.)

Cupcake demands an explanation for this Night kill.

First of all, the phrasing in that second post. Not "why do you think EW was killed?" but instead asking "why was EW killed?".

I really hoped that someone would pick up on both my absolute phrasing and the use of my nick to separate fact posts from opinion/suspicion posts. I had intended to point right to my hint system by signing off on what turned out to be my last Day with no other message than the title of this post. I had the feeling Boro was onto me and that I was in danger, and I wanted to be sure that people could clearly see my dream reveals after my death. Unfortunately, I was very ill on Friday night and was in no condition to play Werewolf (hence my sudden vote).

Still, the fact that the wolves were able to make such cases for my dreams....

Also, man, did I mess up on Kath. Well played, bad wolf. Well played.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:38 PM   #393
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
I am curious to find out what her seer dreams were, because I was going off that she dreamed me than Kit and left clues in our GoT bantering.
Pushing Kit like that (and then killing her) was probably the single cleverest thing you did. It made me a bit more wary of you, sure, but in connection with her. What do you think the clue about you was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Yup, that's it. (Though I meant the title to also go in it, to say I PREY Bom) I remember a post in some ww game or other that said something like "The first letters of the paragraphs in this post of playerX spell COBBLER". I don't remember who, when, why, and etc said it, but the idea stuck.
Yeah, but I have to tell you: people almost never find acrostic clues, except with hindsight. (And the exceptions are just as likely to be baddies.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal
One thing that everyone seemed to misinterpret about my behaviour, though, is that I genuinely suspected Nerwen. What is it with hunters and rangers trying to kill each other? I think it's her name:Nerwen makes me nervous, haha....
What I think is, certain people picked up gifted-vibes from me, but interpreted them as wolvish– this is fairly common, and was helped on, naturally, by wolves muttering in the background, "of course, it's always dangerous to trust Nerwen..." etc. I think where things fell apart in this game in general is the number of people who, as it seems to me, *began* with the conviction that certain other players were guilty, then constructed a case to support this, without worrying too much about how flimsy it was. That sort of thing can really play into the paws of the wolves.

Anyway, that's enough of a lecture. Well done, wolves!
Old 11-11-2011, 06:46 PM   #394
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I really hoped that someone would pick up on both my absolute phrasing and the use of my nick to separate fact posts from opinion/suspicion posts.
Um... Sally, I'm sorry to have to say this, but that clue was just impossibly obscure– at least from the village's point of view.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #395
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Um... Sally, I'm sorry to have to say this, but that clue was just impossibly obscure– at least from the village's point of view.
And that's why I was so cross. I had intended to make it more clear that that was the hint system, and then....blankity blank werewolves. Of course I still hoped people would see how I asked Boro about the Night kill and perhaps make something of it, but as for the actual clue system? Alas, it was wasted, due mostly to a failure on my part to man up and actually point the village to what I'd done.

However, I am upset that the thing about Kitanna was brushed off so easily. It wasn't the village's fault on that score so much as a certain furry villain we know and love....

Boro, I may never speak to you again. (Call me!)
Old 11-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #396
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Also, let the record show that, as always, I suspected Nerwen and she was a gifted.

By now, this should surprise no one.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:42 AM   #397
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
And that's why I was so cross. I had intended to make it more clear that that was the hint system, and then....blankity blank werewolves. Of course I still hoped people would see how I asked Boro about the Night kill and perhaps make something of it, but as for the actual clue system? Alas, it was wasted, due mostly to a failure on my part to man up and actually point the village to what I'd done.
Totally obscure indeed. Well, I think the point of the Seer is to post in the way that people don't understand your hints when you are alive, but in case you die and they start analysing your posts, then when they know you were the Seer, they should be able to, if possible, unambiguously identify your dreams. Especially Wolves, if there were any. Hints like the ones you used might be technically useable if you want to secretly tell people already when you are still alive. But from Day 2 at the least, the Seer is in grave danger of death, if only because of the numeric probability, so one should leave some trails for such case.

But nevermind. I still think you were far more successful than, for example, my Seer-attempts this far had been (I usually dream only of innocents who, on top of that, end up killed the same Night). And, if it consoles you, it was in fact the thing that you omitted Boro from your Day 2 "innocent people" list which lead me to start considering Boro as a suspect in the first place.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:52 AM   #398
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I blame the chaos on the fact that both Nerwen and Kath voted on Day 1.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #399
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Definitely that Galadriel! I said we broke the world and look what happened.

I will also add that I finished Day 5 without being lynched. This is a rare thing indeed.

sally ... Boro is the ONLY person in the whole game who even half understood your clues I think. I mean, I know I'm bad at it at the best of times, but that was just mental (to quote Harry Potter rather than GoT).
Old 11-12-2011, 12:01 PM   #400
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Definitely that Galadriel! I said we broke the world and look what happened.

I will also add that I finished Day 5 without being lynched. This is a rare thing indeed.

sally ... Boro is the ONLY person in the whole game who even half understood your clues I think. I mean, I know I'm bad at it at the best of times, but that was just mental (to quote Harry Potter rather than GoT).
And then you tricked me! How very dare you!

I think my biggest misstep was accidentally making a GoT reference. I've never even read the things.