The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-22-2007, 12:24 PM   #41
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Complete and Total Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurinquë View Post
I really have no clue why I like Billy Boyd so much Lalaith, I think it is mostly the fact I am so fond of his character, Pippin.
You know...I can't call you Robi anymore....can I, but anyway I fell in love with Peregrin when I first saw the movies because of his character and his looks, but when I read the books I was even more crazy about him! But Billy Boyd when he's not playing Pippin is not as good looking.

But... people are going to kill me for this, Orlando Bloom is not so good looking when he's Legolas (which is a pretty respectable character in the books) or when he is someone else. My family, just by coincidence watched a bunch of movies with Orlio in them the other day and them more I see of him, the more I dislike him. Samwise is the way to go!
Old 12-22-2007, 02:46 PM   #42
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Laurinquë has been trapped in the Barrow!
White Tree

Tisk, tisk, not liking poor Legolas eh? Shame.

As for Billy Boyd, I DEFINITLY prefer him as Pippin, in real life he's just another pretty face. Ah, Pippin, I adore Pippin...not really sure why though.
Laurinquë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 03:37 PM   #43
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriadoc1961 View Post
I always felt that the best choices to fill those roles would have been Jennifer O'Dell from the TV series Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World for Galadriel and Jolene Blalock of Star Trek: Enterprise to play Arwen.
I didn't know who those actresses were and maybe I was unlucky with Google Image but really they don't look like my idea of the noblest elven women in Middle Earth ... their looks are rather...err....obvious and a bit synthetic. If that was what Tolkien had in mind, I am going to have to reassess my impression of the Prof and his characters in a big way!!!

Blanchett and Tyler both have the height and pale colouring that Tolkien specifies and they have that slight "strangeness in proportion" that may give a love it or hate it quality to their looks but it is very difficult to cast humans as elves - you have to make them look slightly different without turning it in to a freak show.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 06:06 AM   #44
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I think Orlando Bloom looks much better with short hair! He's too girly to carry off long hair. With his little plaits and perfectly groomed blonde barnet he reminded me of um...my Girl's World*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
Hmm...Bard. He broods, doesn't he? Yes, I could live with that.

The reason I thought Faramir was partly that Armitage in the role could help reconcile me to the character. I've just never liked Faramir as I ought to - found him a bit pious and dreary - which I feel bad about. I think that perhaps the sight of Armitage suffering with "weariness, grief for his father's mood, a wound, and over all the Black Breath" would help soften me.
Well you know, it would help you appreciate Faramir more, and I wouldn't object...so how about angling for a re-make?

*Mithalwen and Lalaith will know what these are! I still have mine in the attic.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:03 AM   #45
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Eye

Quote:
Here's another. However, while I am obviously a woman of gravitas and substance, ahem, I will admit to being shallow as a puddle in some respects. Pretty Orlando Bloom is one such respect. (I believe Madame Lush is with me on this one...)
Oh, Madame Lush is with you all the way, Lalaith. That man is so fine... He could walk around with a chattering gibbon on his head and still look attractive, never mind some prissy blond wig.

I also have a thing for Viggo's Aragorn, but more so in the first film than I do in the later ones. I like it when he's all sensitive and mysterious and slightly unsure of himself and wearing dirty clothes (he's too clean in RotK... I guess you can always say that Legolas is clean all the time - but he's an Elf, that's allowed), for some reason... AND Billy Boyd. I dated a dude who looked a lot like him once. I've only recently made the connection when I unearthed some of our pictures together at my parents' house. There's that impish quality you can't pass up.

I also think that Miranda Otto is stunning. She's got this face that's very hard to pin down - she looks very different from different angles (well, we all do - but I would say this is really pronounced when you're watching her on film), and it makes her not merely gorgeous, but also interesting.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:55 AM   #46
Lindale
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lindale has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurinquë View Post
Tisk, tisk, not liking poor Legolas eh? Shame.
What's not to like about Legolas? Ah well. The impossible stunts maybe. But if his hair was shorter, it would've been very different.

Legal Madness.
Lindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 08:06 AM   #47
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
I remember confusing film Pippin and film Merry because "Merry" sounds like the better looking one. Many years later it was funny to notice that a friend called the guy in Lost Pippin. It nearly ended in a bet.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:59 PM   #48
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Oddly enough, I don't seem to be able to extricate "best looking" from "best character portrayal." I was so amazed by what Sean Bean did for Boromir that I found him irresistible. He won me over and made me really rethink Tolkien's Boromir. It was a real revelation and I realized I had never really *seen* Boromir before...Sean Bean really deserves a mention for that. (Yes, I thought Sean Bean was hot, too...) And again, I liked Billy Boyd and Elijah Wood for the fact that Frodo and Pippin resonated for me through them quite well...it is strange how I can't seem to separate my estimation of "best looking" from "best resonance of character." Viggo as Aragorn did this to me as well, and I also found resonance in Cate Blanchett's "man maiden" Galadriel; she did not need to have what many consider the traditional "beauty," but she had the sadness of the "Long Defeat," the wisdom of Three Ages and the tall grace of the Elves. She was perfect. I see her in my mind when I read of the Galadriel of old and the passing of the Third Age.

Of course, I'll give a mention to the Balrog...really HOT! And I *still* can't tell if those are wings or shadows! You gotta give credit to an enigma that lasts that long!
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 01:25 AM   #49
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Galadriel and Faramir.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:47 PM   #50
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
You know...I can't call you Robi anymore....can I, but anyway I fell in love with Peregrin when I first saw the movies because of his character and his looks, but when I read the books I was even more crazy about him! But Billy Boyd when he's not playing Pippin is not as good looking.
I got the radio production of LotR and I have been listening to it for a while and Pippin doesn't sound like Pippin to me and not as totally awesome, but maybe that is the fault of how Billy Boyd sounds and he is what I thougt Pippin should sound like. I don't know maybe I am just crazy!?
Old 12-28-2007, 02:40 PM   #51
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë View Post
I think Orlando Bloom looks much better with short hair! He's too girly to carry off long hair. With his little plaits and perfectly groomed blonde barnet he reminded me of um...my Girl's World*...

*Mithalwen and Lalaith will know what these are! I still have mine in the attic.

Only because I saw James May's programme the other day. I didn't have anything so fancy - as youngest child and youngest cousin hand me downs were my fate and that isn't going to happen with that kind of thing...

But Orli does look better not being plutonium blonde.

Richard Armitage is fab though but I see him more as Boromir - bit edgier ..unless of course you had Hugh Jackman as Boromir and RA as Faramir ... now that is a thought

Old 12-28-2007, 03:12 PM   #52
Meriadoc1961
Wight

Meriadoc1961 has just left Hobbiton.
The reason I thought of Jennifer O'Dell from the TV series Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World for Galadriel was because years ago there was a painting on one of the annual LotR calendars that showed Galadriel with Sam and Frodo with her mirror. It was a beautiful painting, simply breathtaking, and Galadriel was stunningly beautiful in it, just as I had always imagined her to be when I read the books. The first time I saw Jennifer O'Dell I immediately thought of Galadriel in that painting, and this was before I ever heard that there was going to be a live-action movie made of LotR. So my first and only choice for the part has always been Jennifer O'Dell for Galadriel.

By the way, does anyone else remember that painting from the calendar I am speaking about?

As for Jolene Blalock of Star Trek: Enterprise to play Arwen, she is, indeed, very beautiful, plus she had the added bonus of already being used to wearing pointed ears playing the part of a Vulcan!

Merry
Old 12-28-2007, 08:19 PM   #53
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

And I will say it again, Legolas is NOT good looking, but I could go for Faramir if Samwise or Pippin was gone... but so could my friend!
Old 12-28-2007, 10:03 PM   #54
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
I got the radio production of LotR and I have been listening to it for a while and Pippin doesn't sound like Pippin to me and not as totally awesome, but maybe that is the fault of how Billy Boyd sounds and he is what I thougt Pippin should sound like. I don't know maybe I am just crazy!?
Is it the BBC radio dramatization with Ian Holm as Frodo?
Old 12-29-2007, 02:16 PM   #55
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Well Billy boyd sounds very Scottish - I guess he does come from the north of the Shire , but then they should have made Merry sound Welsh!

Bear in mind with the radio you have to do more with the voice and thay while I think Billy Boyd was the eldest of the actors playing hobbits in the film, they make far less distinction in age in the film than in the book and in the radio version. So on the Radio Frodo sounds older, Pippin very young, Merry scholarly, Sam rustic.

However this is off topic but I would be only too happy to discuss the Radio Series in a place that will not incur Modwrath.

Old 12-29-2007, 04:52 PM   #56
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Galadriel and Faramir.
That's true. This would probably be my pick out of all the boys and girls in the movies. Maybe Boromir instead of Faramir.

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 12-29-2007 at 05:13 PM.
Groin Redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:28 PM   #57
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyta_Underhill View Post
Oddly enough, I don't seem to be able to extricate "best looking" from "best character portrayal." I was so amazed by what Sean Bean did for Boromir that I found him irresistible. He won me over and made me really rethink Tolkien's Boromir. It was a real revelation and I realized I had never really *seen* Boromir before...Sean Bean really deserves a mention for that. (Yes, I thought Sean Bean was hot, too...) And again, I liked Billy Boyd and Elijah Wood for the fact that Frodo and Pippin resonated for me through them quite well...it is strange how I can't seem to separate my estimation of "best looking" from "best resonance of character." Viggo as Aragorn did this to me as well, and I also found resonance in Cate Blanchett's "man maiden" Galadriel; she did not need to have what many consider the traditional "beauty," but she had the sadness of the "Long Defeat," the wisdom of Three Ages and the tall grace of the Elves. She was perfect. I see her in my mind when I read of the Galadriel of old and the passing of the Third Age.
This is just about my opinion, too! Gandalf was spot-on as well.

But the person who fascinated me most when I saw FotR for the first time was Frodo! I couldn't see enough of those soulful eyes and that expressive face. (For example his face during Bilbo's party. Or the moment he looks back after Gandalf's fall. Or right at the end, when he and Sam look into Mordor... )
And I don't think I am the only one: lovely Frolijah has inspired thousands of fanfictions.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:32 PM   #58
Lord Halsar
Haunting Spirit

Location: 'Round the corner, down the well, passed the Balrog, straight to HELL!
Lord Halsar has just left Hobbiton.
I seem to like the appearances of Ian McKellen and Christopher Lee as our two favorite wizards in LotR. In their other movies they look thin and unimpressive. But as Gandalf and Saruman they looked...healthy. I also admire a man with a long beard and a deep voice with a number of years under his belt. As Theodore Roosevelt said, "Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick."
Old 12-30-2007, 06:30 PM   #59
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Well Billy boyd sounds very Scottish - I guess he does come from the north of the Shire , but then they should have made Merry sound Welsh!

Bear in mind with the radio you have to do more with the voice and thay while I think Billy Boyd was the eldest of the actors playing hobbits in the film, they make far less distinction in age in the film than in the book and in the radio version. So on the Radio Frodo sounds older, Pippin very young, Merry scholarly, Sam rustic.
Well yes, I agree. Maybe we could start a new thread on this. (so the mods won't kill us)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Is it the BBC radio dramatization with Ian Holm as Frodo?
Yes
Old 12-31-2007, 09:32 AM   #60
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Only because I saw James May's programme the other day. I didn't have anything so fancy - as youngest child and youngest cousin hand me downs were my fate and that isn't going to happen with that kind of thing...

But Orli does look better not being plutonium blonde.

Richard Armitage is fab though but I see him more as Boromir - bit edgier ..unless of course you had Hugh Jackman as Boromir and RA as Faramir ... now that is a thought
James May was wrong about Girls World ending up tatty though - mine is pristine, and I still have her make up, and what's more, it still works. Because I was a conscientious child and always washed and dried her face and hair after playing with her. I think the only bit that got lost was the false eyelashes...

Now back to the programme...now you're talking! That would be a great combo! Although I still think Bean cannot be replaced. How about a combo of Bean as Boromir and Armitage as Faramir? They both sound Northern too, so it would fit, although Armitage is a Lancastrian...

Now I admit, Elijah Wood has everything in the right place, but he's just too girly for my liking. It would have been better if they'd got Jake Gyllenhall (or however you spell it) in, if they wanted a 'kiddy Frodo' - he has that whole liquid puppy dog eyes thing going on without looking too wussy
Old 12-31-2007, 11:34 AM   #61
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
James May was wrong about Girls World ending up tatty though - mine is pristine, and I still have her make up, and what's more, it still works. Because I was a conscientious child and always washed and dried her face and hair after playing with her. I think the only bit that got lost was the false eyelashes...

Now back to the programme...now you're talking! That would be a great combo! Although I still think Bean cannot be replaced. How about a combo of Bean as Boromir and Armitage as Faramir? They both sound Northern too, so it would fit, although Armitage is a Lancastrian...
James May should have had me as a sister - I loved my toy cars and garage.

Sorry Lal but I can't completely agree to your solution because of Mr Bean fatal charm not working on me at all - though I think he was fine as Boromir apart from not speaking at all like his supposed brother/father. So the divine mr A being from Lancs and teh less divine mr B being from Yorks is probably a relatively minor issue (not withstanding that the folk in those parts seem not to have noticed that the War of the Roses is over ) compared to one bro being a Yorkie and the other and Aussie speaking RP...

Old 12-31-2007, 01:45 PM   #62
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

The War of the Roses is over? Not round here it's not.

I'm going by 'soap opera' theory in my casting choice. Have you ever noticed how the casting folk for soaps don't seem to have a grasp of accents? Otherwise Coronation Street, which is apparently in Manchester, would not be seemingly populated by Tykes.

Of course, Boromir could have got his accent from his mum; this is possible if she did the lion's share of raising him. Or maybe Denethor was putting on a 'telephone voice'? That sounds most likely, as there are parallels between Minas Tirith and Sheffield - one has seven levels, the other seven hills...
Old 12-31-2007, 06:32 PM   #63
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Brad Dourif and Andy Serkis! (With the latter, I'm referring to his incarnation as "young Smeagol" - pointy ears, long hair and all. Precious!)
Yes, he is very good looking(before the Gollumificating process)!
Old 01-01-2008, 09:36 AM   #64
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Quote:
Yes, he is very good looking(before the Gollumificating process)!
Have you seen 24 Hour Party People? He's a bit scary in that and he's not even Gollumified*

*Gollumed - what a new verb that is!

"Sorry for the hissing, I've been Gollumed."
"Shut it, or I'll flippin' Gollum you!"
"Her Majesty's Government seeks to ban Golluming as it is a menace to society!"

Old 01-01-2008, 02:13 PM   #65
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
"Her Majesty's Government seeks to ban Golluming as it is a menace to society!"
Oh, That's too bad, Golluming is very fun!(It scares my friends, but of course they do that too!) Oh yes, I have not seen 24 Hour People!

Last edited by TheGreatElvenWarrior; 01-01-2008 at 03:01 PM.
TheGreatElvenWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:55 AM   #66
Sir Kohran
Wight

Sir Kohran has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Quote:
there is another pretty woman in the movies who is not a main character and who is not all dirty and begrimed. She's in Gondor, one of the ladies who went out to bid Faramir farewell, who is absolutely gorgeous (I think). She's prettier than Arwen and possibly Eowyn
I assume you mean the girl slightly to the left, next to the hooded person, in this shot? If so then I agree that she is absolutely stunning, definitely better-looking than Eowyn or maybe even Arwen.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:56 PM   #67
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Kohran View Post
I assume you mean the girl slightly to the left, next to the hooded person, in this shot? If so then I agree that she is absolutely stunning, definitely better-looking than Eowyn or maybe even Arwen.
Yes, she is quite beautiful... should have used her for Arwen!
Old 01-29-2008, 11:56 AM   #68
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I think I have stated this before. . .

Cate Blanchett!

Not only is she the best looking, she is simply the best!

The best casted, the best actress, She Is Galadriel!

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 01-29-2008 at 03:06 PM. Reason: cussword removed by mod
Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:07 AM   #69
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Laurinquë has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ring

Quote:
Now I admit, Elijah Wood has everything in the right place, but he's just too girly for my liking. It would have been better if they'd got Jake Gyllenhall (or however you spell it) in, if they wanted a 'kiddy Frodo' - he has that whole liquid puppy dog eyes thing going on without looking too wussy
I totally agree, Elijah Wood was great but he was too girly, well, then that's not exactly his fault, but still. Anyway, despite this and TGEW's protests to the contrary, I think Elijah Wood as Frodo is cute, in fact he is stunning.

There, I admitted it. Ha.
Laurinquë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:33 AM   #70
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Quote:
Cate Blanchett!

Not only is she the best looking, she is simply the best!

The best casted, the best actress, She Is Galadriel!
I quite agree. Cate Blanchett has an other wordly air about her in many of her movies. (I find her particularly striking as Elizabeth I) I'm not always a fan of the lines she was given as Galadriel, but she delivered them wonderfully.

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 02-19-2008 at 08:20 AM.
Kitanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:57 AM   #71
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

I think that the people in the movies that are best looking are-

Samwise Gamgee
Peregrin Took
Faramir
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Well, you know I don't fall for many people in those movies.... but if it was the books, Eomer might not be so bad...

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 02-19-2008 at 08:17 AM.
TheGreatElvenWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 01:56 PM   #72
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Perhaps this question about beauty, appearance and appeal can best be discussed by considering some criteria for choices.

There was a time when the criteria for beauty were considered to be eternal and absolute. There's lots of discussion of the Venus de Milo and the David as perfect representations of female and male form. Yet at the same time art over the centuries has given us various versions of attractiveness: Reubens' female forms would not be considered desireable by today's standards of anorexic fashion models. Even Marilyn Monroe, one of the most desireable of all Hollywood sex symbols, would by today's standards be considered a tad fleshy. And how would Brad Pitt measure up against John Wayne? Or Greory Peck against Johnny Depp?

Is it always youth and the fullness of health? Or do some forms of beauty evoke wisdom, maturity, calmness, self-possession? Or is the hint and thrill of danger an attractive aspect of beauty?

The threads on Novice and Newcomers aren't expected to have the depth (or dryness ) of the threads in Books, yet still at the Barrow Downs some form of reasoned opinion is expected. Maybe we could get away from unexamined or unexplained opinion (which leads so quickly to personal insult) and more into the reasons why each one of us finds different characters appealing.

For starters, here's a bit of background on Aesthetic relativism. I'm sure it's boring enough to drive the petty insults away before the mods find this thread.

And while we are at it, here's Barrow Downs' very own perfection:
Old 02-15-2008, 02:51 PM   #73
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Figwit.
Fordim Hedgethistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 03:16 PM   #74
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Fordim, you are such a fangirl.....

Old 02-15-2008, 03:30 PM   #75
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Figgy Pudding

Quote:
Fordim, you are such a fangirl.....
But we've always known that Fordim favours the uncanonical.

As for who I think is the best looking in the movies, I am compelled to recall alatar's thread Legolas's Snow Angels.

That thread reminds me that it is Legolas who is the best looking, although I don't think we've ever satisfactorily explained why elves should have such good vision, although we made giant strides towards explaining his high stepping.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:32 AM   #76
sindaadvialwen
Newly Deceased

sindaadvialwen is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
Send a message via MSN to sindaadvialwen
Narya

after giving this much careful consideration, i have come the absolute conclusion that almost the entire male cast are v appealing. i believe it 2 be ( in hottness order) Eomer, Faramir, Boromir, fellowship/ 2 towers aragorn then Legolas.... guess i just have thing for a nice rough looking man....
Old 03-27-2008, 10:10 PM   #77
claudea99
Newly Deceased

claudea99 has just left Hobbiton.
Rose Cotton. Love women with hairy feet.
claudea99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:30 AM   #78
MatthewM
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MatthewM has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MatthewM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudea99 View Post
Rose Cotton. Love women with hairy feet.
Um...to each his own...I guess...
Old 03-31-2008, 02:29 PM   #79
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewM View Post
Um...to each his own...I guess...

That was not needed
Old 03-31-2008, 11:37 PM   #80
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Ha ha ha ha ha.