The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-30-2003, 03:34 PM   #1
Kidd2323
Animated Skeleton

Kidd2323 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Frodo says to Gollum...

I'm sitting here watching TTT and in the first scene where Sam and Frodo capture Gollum, Frodo says, "This is Sting. You have seen it before..."<BR>When?<BR>I just recently finished reading <I>The Hobbit</I>and I don't recall Bilbo revealing or threatening Gollum with Sting. So...<BR>Is this just a PJ-ism (adapted screneplay version) or am I missing something?
Old 09-30-2003, 03:41 PM   #2
LePetitChoux
Vegetable of Doom

LePetitChoux has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to LePetitChoux
Pipe

Gollum did see Sting, as far as I can remember. Wasn't that the reason he didn't just lunge at Bilbo and eat him straight away? I don't have the book, but I'm pretty sure that's how it was.
Old 09-30-2003, 03:55 PM   #3
Kidd2323
Animated Skeleton

Kidd2323 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thank you, LePetitChoux...I just looked it up and Bilbo did have <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>his dagger <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> brandished when Gollum stepped out of his boat on to dry ground.<BR>And as you said, Gollum had to find out more about the sword in his face plus he wasn't that hungry at the time.<BR>Questioned answered, gracias.
Old 09-30-2003, 05:53 PM   #4
Elladan and Elrohir
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elladan and Elrohir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

And yes, that quote is straight from The Two Towers. PJ did not make it up.

THE HOBBIT - IT'S COMING
Elladan and Elrohir is offline   Reply With Quote