Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2005, 05:26 PM   #241
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
I've had to put in a save for today (another 28 hour day is running right now). It'll be filled in by tomorrow afternoon - I just don't want to risk incurring the esteemed lmp's wrath by not appearing at all for a day.

Sorry!
Old 12-12-2005, 07:28 PM   #242
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Nope. She's good the way she is. TP, when you post, feel free to have her pass out due to being really cold (those balrog-winging outfits aren't made to keep heat in, that much is for sure), wet (stupid sleet ), and from having lost blood due to the head injury from tripping over Hookbill.

Save her if you like.

She'll wake up shortly thereafter and start yelling at Mardil. May the fireworks begin.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:11 PM   #243
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGWBS
Small request. When we actually go to buy a hose, I buy a very large beaker too.
Just for clarification, O Dwarvish Fellow on the Short Side, are you talking about a beaker as in a cup, or as in scientific glassware? Or maybe the guy from the Muppets...
Old 12-12-2005, 09:23 PM   #244
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
LMP you gave us Britney back! Yes! It means that Mardil can ogle if tp still wants him to and Alli can glare once she gets her consciousness back!

♥Fea
Old 12-12-2005, 09:25 PM   #245
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Okay, I will post sometime tomorrow. I will make sure we cover a nice bit of the trek. I will also work in lmp's interventions and of course I will scrape the unconcious Alli off of the roadside and stick her in the SUV.

Unless there isn't room, in which case I will have to strap Alli down to the roof.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:53 PM   #246
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Save filled... I think you'll like it, TGWBS.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:25 AM   #247
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Sub-thread of Hilariosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cai
Wilhelmina turned around and glared at him. "Every time you're politically correct, Eru kills a kitten," she said sternly, and then they were driving away in triumph.
A 10 on the I just choked on a Mango Tango smoothie because I was laughing so hard scale.

And the entire post gets X amount of points because I'm glad I'm not the only sweet lil teenage girl that knows how to siphon gas. Amazing, the skills you pick up, no?
Old 12-13-2005, 01:48 PM   #248
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Quote:
And the entire post gets X amount of points because I'm glad I'm not the only sweet lil teenage girl that knows how to siphon gas. Amazing, the skills you pick up, no?
My daddy taught me.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:12 PM   #249
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Nice post Encai. Times two.

I, too, was in hysterics throughout the entire last post. That was utterly brill.

Incidentally, I meant scientific glassware.

And now, I need bed. Penalisation for extended absence, here I come.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:49 PM   #250
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Valde's stuck for now. So, either he figures out something to do, something improves, or someone picks him up.

I guess we'll see how it ends up.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:48 PM   #251
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGWBS
Incidentally, I meant scientific glassware.
Curses, I chose the wrong definition. I'll go back and make it a delightful, handpainted piece of scientific glassware.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:17 PM   #252
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Save filled in and Panakeia is on her way to Mount Doom. However, my Internet access is sketchy at the moment, so I might not be able to return until tomorrow to continue the journey.

Durelin - if I return before your next post, may Panakeia offer Valde a ride? I'm sure she would welcome the company. Bert is annoying her at the moment with all this right-left-right business.

And that was an absolutely hilarious post, Encai!
Old 12-13-2005, 07:37 PM   #253
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sub-Thread #1: Great Lines (as in hilarious)

posts 61 - 80
---------------------
Anakron tapped her on the shoulder and sneered aristocratically down at her. -Feanor~ 7
---------------------
the car began to run smoothly in very unorthodox circles around the parking lot-Feanor~7
--------------------
Alli couldn't be certain, but she was pretty sure transmissions were important-Feanor~6
--------------------
no wonder there were so many accidents in Mordor, if all you had to do to obtain a licence was roar at an orc.-Guy~7
--------------------
his pace quickened and the depressing poetry in his head was playing pinball.-Durelin~6
--------------------
He quickly checked himself in the rear view mirror to see that he did not match the interior, and that he had retained his large, brooding eyebrows.-Durelin~7
--------------------
Is there a jealous lover involved, by any chance?”

“We could produce one for you, perhaps.”

“Please do.”-Durelin~7
--------------------
“It was the spare tire you were supposed to take with you, sir…”-Durelin~7
--------------------
"Listen to me, Mardil," said Anakron, turning Mardil's head with his staff and looking him in the eye. "The rescue was either the right thing to do or the wrong thing to do. If it was wrong, then you were lacking in wisdom when you rescued Alli. If it was right, then you are lacking in nobility when you say you might not have rescued someone else."-phantom~10 .... not for hilarity, but Wow!
--------------------
"10." Panakeia had just finished lugging the last of her spare tires into her lime green PT Cruiser.-Celuien~9 Heck I don't know why that just cracked me up when there's so much good stuff here. Go figure. *LMP shrugs*
--------------------
"Dhoun't thouth the my cwow phone," he scolded. "You have to weaw it for the weality tv thyow or we canh't hwer whath you're saywing." -Celuien~8
--------------------
"Dhis is Bert, your kamuwa twoll. He'll wide whith you an' woll the film."-Celuien~9 I swear, there must be something deadpan about the way you write, Celuien. Just cracks me up.
--------------------
the precariously dangling transmission.-Feanor~7
------------------
"That I'm pregnant with Valde Who Be Short? Of course."-Feanor~7
-----------------------
I'm supposed to be telling Valde live on the air that not only is the child not his, but it's also a figment of my imagination.-Feanor~8
-----------------------
the flutists have pianist envy.-Feanor~10 ... on the scale
----------------------
Horrified at her seemingly wanton destruction Sai tried to reattach it, but was stopped by the orc who was smiling broadly. Well, she assumed he was smiling, though it did look more like he was about to cough up a hairball, or very possibly an entire cat.-Kath~8
---------------------
she was quite pleased with the fingernails she developed-Kath~7
----------------------
The car jerked backwards, knocking the crew away and bumping into the kamura van behind it with an audible and destructive sounding crunch.-Kath~8
----------------------
Lifting her feet off all the pedals had something of a slowing effect, but she was saved from the need to to anything else by the handily placed bin bags that had been haphazardly thrown around the place but had ended up on the swerving route she was taking. Whatever they had in them was strong enough to withstand the impact of the large car and she skidded to a halt.-Kath~6 Lor' help us all!
----------------------
As soon as they entered, an overweight man who reeked of cigarette smoke greeted them. "Hello! Hello, my friends, and welcome to Big Neil’s Steal a Deal, where you can find the best deals on cars of all makes and models.

"Cut the spiel and let's deal, Neil," interrupted Mardil.-phantom~6
-----------------------
"Oh, be quiet, you nitwit," Wilhelmina sniped back.-Guy~7
------------------------
Fléin twisted the key in the ignition. The car fired up.

Just then, smog descended upon them.-Guy~7
-----------------------
Hookbill groaned and spoke, flinching away from the kamura-man's (conveniently a doctor also) touch. "It was... Màrîo." And then he fainted and [even more conveniently] had no more lines in this adventure.-Feanor~7
-----------------------
"Just to your left through the clothing section." The greeter stared as Panakeia's transformation completed. What bad manners, staring at me like that, she thought. -Celuien~7
---------------------
the Dworc-Guy~8
--------------------
"Troll? Stupid? How dare you fling such sterotypical insults at me," howled Bert.-Celuien~7
--------------------
She just hoped that no one who saw the programme had ever been able to stomach Shakespeare or the old fairy tales!-Kath~6
------------------
Her tears weren’t entirely fake, as she was having to bite her cheek hard to keep her laughter in check.-Kath~6
-------------------
Just as she thought she was going to have to start making up some ridiculous story about fairy godmothers and the like-Kath~7
-------------------
Feanor: 72
Guy: 60
Durelin: 53
phantom: 16
Encaitare: 13
Celuien: 63
Kath: 48

Okay, these totals carry over from last time to make up for my laziness.

Hmmmm.... I think the cumulatives have to do with frequency of posting.... which is its own reward, i'n'it?

Celuien wins for me for sheer hilarity.

But that's just page 2, not including filled-in saves, such as this apparently hilarious Enca post I still have to read....
Old 12-13-2005, 07:47 PM   #254
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
FYI - revision to a couple past posts...

I changed "Kling Klong" to Rôgû. Just so you know.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:38 PM   #255
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Um... is this

Quote:
[img]ubb/icons/icon8.gif[/img] Tower of Bara-Dur ACT I
Grishnahk ordered his orcs to haul the elven prisoner to the top of the tower. Drawing his blade as the horde of rescuers charged the tower, Grishnahk thought to himself, "Will i get in trouble for making this thread?"

If so, the game is getting more random than I'd expected. Not a bad thing, just a confusing one.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:12 PM   #256
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

I'm working on a post now. I don't have time to do everything I want to do, so expect more from me tomorrow night even if no one else has posted.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:14 PM   #257
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I await it eagerly.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:50 PM   #258
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

GRRRRRR.... I just lost a post... it was almost done...

*hates computer*

Replaced with a Save; I really have to go to bed now but I'll rewrite it tomorrow at lunch or something...
Old 12-13-2005, 11:08 PM   #259
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Bleh. I really have to get going now.

I got us up to the pick-up-Alli stage, but don't worry- tomorrow night I have lots of time and I will make a lengthy, detailed post that will handle lmp's curveballs, get us a little ways towards Mount Doom, set up the verbal battle between Mardil and Alli, and also inject the story with a bit of silliness.

We have until Thursday afternoon to reach Mount Doom, and I promise I will set things up so that you two (Fea and Kath) can write us there by the deadline. And even if you can't, I plan on being around Thursday afternoon and so I will be available to finish things off if you need me.

Anyway, like I said, I'll have a whopper post coming tomorrow night.

Fea, if you have some ideas for lines you want Alli to say during the fight, type them up and pm me. If you give me enough material and some general attitudes you want expressed and specific reactions you want Alli to have to certain things, then I can go ahead and write a rough draft for the argument and pm it to you. If you like it, then I will go ahead and toss it up along with my big post.

-the phantom
Old 12-13-2005, 11:42 PM   #260
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I've just posted up the rest of the trip from Alli's perspective: unconscious and having some interesting dreams. What will Mardil think when he hears what she has to say without the benefit of knowing what she's talking about?!

TP, I'll PM you her general feelings as of now. You're perceptive and you've got a good idea of Alli already. I'll give you a few ideas and let you run with it. Then yeah, send me the draft before you post and I'll give it the thumbs up or the "Add this here and then *insert thumbs up*".
Old 12-14-2005, 02:53 AM   #261
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Please - no off topic posts to the Game thread

lmp, I'm posting your off topic post here on the discussion thread:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Official Off-topic Post

I stick out my little finger when drinking any kind of beverage. Its a natural reaction to lifting a beverage-holder in Britain. We Brits have a very slight difference in our blood to the rest of the world's population, completely isolated in our little fingers. It generates a force against most kinds of drink, particularly tea (there is currently a major study being undertaken to discover why) which pushes the finger away from the drink.

Interesting eh?

On another note, why is cheekiness associated with Brits? Anyone have any ideas?

end official off-topic post.

unbeknownst courtesy of Eomer of the Rohirrim

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 12-14-2005, 02:55 AM   #262
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Please ignore the Trolls when they post to the Game or Discussion Thread. Don't feed their egos.

The Admins will take care of them.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 12-14-2005, 06:10 AM   #263
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Save filled.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:21 AM   #264
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Celuien - Really? That would be spiffy.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:27 AM   #265
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel
Please ignore the Trolls when they post to the Game or Discussion Thread. Don't feed their egos.

The Admins will take care of them.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Wasn't sure if it was another official one. Since I'm pretty sure off-topic posting had been sent to Mordor. Just wanted to make sure.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:42 AM   #266
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Apparently I should have checked with you ahead of time, Pio. See, off-topic posts were one of the things assigned to Mordor. So I'd been planning on that for quite some time. But if we may not do it that way, then there's another way: off-top-ic posts are the kind of post sprinkled throughout Mordor that don't have their tops. In other words, they're sign posts but the signs are missing. I guess that'll have to do, unless someone can come up with something better.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:13 AM   #267
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Celuien - Really? That would be spiffy.
Okay then. A ride will appear tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmp
Apparently I should have checked with you ahead of time, Pio. See, off-topic posts were one of the things assigned to Mordor. So I'd been planning on that for quite some time. But if we may not do it that way, then there's another way: off-top-ic posts are the kind of post sprinkled throughout Mordor that don't have their tops. In other words, they're sign posts but the signs are missing. I guess that'll have to do, unless someone can come up with something better.
Sign posts with missing signs and randomly placed billboards along the highway with bad poetry or other messages unrelated to driving?
Old 12-14-2005, 12:11 PM   #268
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Wow... Celuien, that bad poetry is classic. I just snickered quite a bit.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:43 PM   #269
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

lmp

The "off topic" post has been restored to the game thread. Check your PM's, please.

~*~ Pio
Old 12-14-2005, 01:34 PM   #270
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encai
And very, very far away, Ulmo was wondering why he had just had a number of cars crying out to him for help. "Must be another bloody pile-up in Lûndûn," he grumbled. "I do hope the tow trucks come this time." He put his blue convertible in Drive, cranked up the Beach Boys, and decided to go see if there were any heroes who might need to be warned about something.
I presume this means he's coming to warn us above the Giant Ape Formerly Known As Kling-Klong And Formally Known As Rôgû.

However, seeing as Rôgû is only a few metres away, and Ulmo is on the other side of Middle Earth, his arrival will, logically, be several hours after we encounter the ape.

Thank you all for listening.

Post in the next few hours.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:17 PM   #271
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel
lmp

The "off topic" post has been restored to the game thread. Check your PM's, please.

~*~ Pio
Thanks, Pio. You're the greatest!
Old 12-14-2005, 03:00 PM   #272
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Ah, Rogu is Roggie. I thought it was King Kong. Last post edited to sort that out.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:14 PM   #273
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

*whimper*

Guuuuuuys, balrogs aren't evil! They're misunderstood.

Phantom: when you post, make sure to stop in the vicinity of the scared and hurt balrog (not murderous, you prejudiced Anakron!) so that Alli can sort things out.

If only more people were understanding...

Old 12-14-2005, 08:47 PM   #274
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
*whimper*

Guuuuuuys, balrogs aren't evil! They're misunderstood.

Phantom: when you post, make sure to stop in the vicinity of the scared and hurt balrog (not murderous, you prejudiced Anakron!) so that Alli can sort things out.

If only more people were understanding...

Prejudiced? Hardly! Cruel and callous, I'll give you that. But hold it, you, I gave very forceful reasons why Roggie was mad. I never said he was evil, even if I know he is. I knew I could trust you to play your character to the hilt. Onward!
Old 12-14-2005, 09:27 PM   #275
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
I presume this means he's coming to warn us above the Giant Ape Formerly Known As Kling-Klong And Formally Known As Rôgû.

However, seeing as Rôgû is only a few metres away, and Ulmo is on the other side of Middle Earth, his arrival will, logically, be several hours after we encounter the ape.
No. It was meant as a bit of complete randomness, especially since Ulmo seems to spend a lot of time doing two things: 1) chilling by himself while the rest of the Valar are doing stuff, and 2) helping out the heroes, like those little chats with Turgon and Tuor about finding Gondolin. In fact, I think since he does so much giving of directions to Gondolin, I'm going to go back and put that in the post.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:35 AM   #276
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Okay, I've got a bit more up. Kath- comment on the trip whenever you want.

I'll launch the argument when I wake up.

And if we end up pressed for time and need a miracle to get to Mount Doom on time, I have a miracle up my sleeve. Or actually, up lmp's sleeve. He has already provided it- all we have to do is use it.

So don't worry, we'll get there.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:25 AM   #277
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Forgive the stupidity but when is it we have to get to Mount Doom?
Old 12-15-2005, 01:02 PM   #278
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I'm going to use Rôgû now, just to let everyone know.
Quote:
Forgive the stupidity but when is it we have to get to Mount Doom?
We have to be there in about three hours and 45 minutes.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:36 PM   #279
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
I'm going to use Rôgû now, just to let everyone know.
Don't do anything foolish or Alli will be very upset. Remember to give me an opening to write Alli fixing the terrorizing-balrog situation.

Quote:
We have to be there in about three hours and 45 minutes.
In that case, dear boy, do hurry so that we can get our alter-egos into a fight. I'll be around all afternoon... must finish packing, write a five page paper, and study for my psych final. Once you get a post in, I'll post quickly behind it.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:50 PM   #280
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Durelin - Panakeia and Valde are about halfway to Mount Doom, and due for a switch in the driver's seat soon, I think.

Quote:
Wow... Celuien, that bad poetry is classic. I just snickered quite a bit.
After that endorsement Fea, the signs just had to make an appearance. Mordor just got even more clutter by the side of the road.