Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2002, 06:42 PM   #241
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

*Trudging toward the feild comes a rather odd-looking threesome: One, a male hobbit dressed in a red vest, grey waistcoat and brown jacket with brown leggings.
On his left is a young hobbit girl, her auburn curls spilling down her back. She looks uncomfortable in a pink flowing dress with a gold belt. A ring of pink rosebuds is in her hair. Underneath the dress, however, she is wearing a pair of knee breeches and a pair of scuffed brown boots--her hands are covered with leather gloves, and she has a bow slung over one shoulder and a quiver of arrows over the other.
The third member of the party is a human woman, wearing a ground-length light blue dress with white lace accents. A white flower is tucked over one ear. Pushing her gold-rimmed glasses onto the bridge of her nose, she surveys the scene.
Stacey: Hm. Looks like the party's over.

Sam: Sorry. Wasn't sure when it started.

Primrose: *Tugging at her dress* Can we go, Papa?

Sam: Absolutely not, Tiny Rose. We're at least going to see Mister Frodo.

*Primrose's eyes light up* Oh, yes! I forgot! *she frowns* I also want to get ahold of that Barrow-Wight! Rate Miss Stacey's story a THREE, will he.....

Stacey: *Rolls her eyes* For crying out loud, Primrose, I DON'T CARE! I write for FUN, and that's it, NOT ratings! Besides, a couple of folks enjoyed it so far, and that's enough for me.

Primrose *fingering the string of her bow* Hm.

Sam and Stacey: [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 05-21-2002, 07:01 PM   #242
Laiedheliel
Haunting Spirit

Location: A roaming Middle-Earth wanderer in the guise of a Ranger
Laiedheliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Laiedheliel
Sting

Appearing from some hidden corner or other, Laiedheliel rubs the sleep out of her eyes and looks around. Is the party over already? She sees the Trash Crew cleaning up and Galadriel asleep, again, and wonders if the bar is still serving mirovur. She goes off to find a drink, and some friends...
Old 05-21-2002, 07:03 PM   #243
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Galadriel wakes with a start. She looks around, and sees three figures walking towards the basically-over party. She wonders if they'll stay...
She takes out some coffee from the Mystery pocket, takes a sip and stands up. She wanders around the field. Most of the people have gone, though there are still some bodies asleep on the ground. She stands in the middle of the field, wondering if the party really is over. She wishes that is isn't, it was so much fun! She lifts her thermos of coffee "Happy Birthday, Barrow-Downs," she toasts, and takes a sip. she sits down, waiting to see if something will happen...
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Old 05-21-2002, 07:04 PM   #244
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Ithaeliel is feeling better, but decides the party is much too dangerous a place for her. "I'm leaving now," she says to everyone. "Goodbye!" And she mounts her steed Elentari and rides away faster than you can say barrow-wight.

Namarië! I'll see you all later!
Old 05-21-2002, 07:07 PM   #245
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Legolas mistakenly sticks his head out of the tent. One of the fangirls sees him, and alerts the others. Legolas is forced to run for his life in the other direction.
"Jump in that tree! Fangirls can't climb trees!" Nev shouts. Legolas runs up the nearest tree.
"Oops, um, nevermind. . ." Nev says, as the fangirls scramble up the tree. Legolas jumps to another tree, shooting Nevfeniel a dirty look.
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Old 05-21-2002, 07:09 PM   #246
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Galadriel runs up to Laiedheliel. "hey! you're still here!" she takes out the coffee "would you fancy some coffee?" she asks, as she turns and sees Legolas and the girls scrambling up into a tree "curiouser and curiouser.." she thinks...

[ May 21, 2002: Message edited by: Galadrie1 ]
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Old 05-21-2002, 07:13 PM   #247
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Primrose: *Surveying the scene* Oh, please...
*Removes an arrow from her quiver, aims, and shoots. The arrow hits the tree just above one of the fangirls' hands reaching for Legolas* "Back off!" the little hobbit shouts, aiming another arrow.
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 05-21-2002, 07:15 PM   #248
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

ROSE RUNS OUT OF THE BARROW WRIGHT'S TENT.

"NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE PARTY CAN'T BE OVER.
COME ON PEOPLE! WHAT DO YOU WANT?"

Rose gets an idea.
She reaches for one of her remaining pies and chucks it.

It lands square in Frodo's face.

FOOD FIGHT!

The remaining partiers join in and start flinging food.
Old 05-21-2002, 07:16 PM   #249
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Galadriel watches an arrow fly through the air towards the fan-girl tree. She closes her eyes: she doesn't want to see a fan-girl speared on the end of an arrow. She opens her eyes, relieved to see that it just hit the tree (Galadriel doesn't like blood, you see), though she is rather sorry for the poor tree...
She looks to where the arrow came from and is amazed to see a tiny hobbit with a bow. "wow," she thinks, "that's one sharp-shootin' little hobbit.."

Old 05-21-2002, 07:18 PM   #250
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Hearing the call of "food fight", Galadriel grabs the nearest plate full of lembas and hurls it at Rose "gotcha!" she screams! "good thing my dress is stain-repellant.." she thinks, then curses herself for posting twice in a row. (sorry! i know, it's annoying!)

Old 05-21-2002, 07:23 PM   #251
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sam: *winces* Ooh. What a perfectly good waste of food!

Stacey: Oh, brother...I'm going to go look for Frodo. *Ducks plate of lembas, then walks across the feild*
Old 05-21-2002, 07:23 PM   #252
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rose flings a cake which lands on Samwise's head.
She then gets a plate of Lembas in her face.

"I'll get you Galadriel!" She tosses a punch bowl at Galadriel.
Old 05-21-2002, 07:26 PM   #253
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

The bowl of punch hits Galadriel, but she it has no affect on her dress. She doens't even feel wet! She grabs a huge chocolate-frosted cake, and throws it at Rose "give up! you can't win!" She screams, as the cake flies through the air
Old 05-21-2002, 07:28 PM   #254
Laiedheliel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Accepting the coffee and sipping it slowly, not because it's hot but because Laie had a serious problem with coffee, she watched the fangirls chasing Legolas and laughs. It was nice to see, until a hobbit started loosing her bow on the girls. She cried aloud, but began again to laugh when it missed.

Laie dodged the spray of the punch bowl Rosa threw at Galadriel and wondered at Gala's dress (can I call you Gala? it's easier to type!), because no stain developed there. But, because her own clothes were not stain-repelling, she ducked under a table to sheild herself from the flying food, keeping an eye out for more of her friends and watching the food fight develop.
Old 05-21-2002, 07:32 PM   #255
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Galadriel looks under the table quickly "sure, you can call me Gala. Can I call you Laie?"
Old 05-21-2002, 07:33 PM   #256
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Sam: Oh, my.....*Lifts the cake off, shakes the crumbs out of his hair Oh dear....frosting.....I'll get that out, later then ducks behind a tree to finish it off*
Old 05-21-2002, 07:37 PM   #257
Laiedheliel
Haunting Spirit

1420!

"Of course, everybody does! My full name is just to long and hard to pronounce," she laughed, tossing the coffee slyly over her shoulder. Just as she did and said all this, another plate of mushrooms went whizzing by. "Awww, that was a waste of good mushrooms! What are we going to do now?"

[ May 21, 2002: Message edited by: Laiedheliel ]
Old 05-21-2002, 07:41 PM   #258
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Galadriel runs and picks up the mushrooms, and brings them back to Laie, shouting "five-second rule! they're still good!!!"
Old 05-21-2002, 07:43 PM   #259
Laiedheliel
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

Laie giggles, and she and Gala start to wolf down mushrooms like they wouldn't be there tomarrow ('cuz they wouldn't!) Gala gets hit with another plate of food, and again leaves Laie in awe of her amazing dress-there was no stain! "Where did you get that dress? What is it made out of?"
Old 05-21-2002, 07:46 PM   #260
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Galadriel gets up and throws some random food in some random direction, then comes back to Laie. "I decided yesterday that i didn't remember where i got this dress, or what it was made of. Sorry.". She gets hit with some cookies, so she runs out to do some more random throwing..
Old 05-21-2002, 07:53 PM   #261
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Losthuniel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

betwen the braches of a tall tree, there came the glint of sun on eyes. the branche began to sway and with a slow CREAK began to crack. it landed with a crash and out of the tangle of brancheshopped an elf-maiden. she was wearing white, like all Lorien elves, and carried a silver harp. at the moment she was extremly red in the face, and looked around surreistiosly to see if anyone had seen her rather undignified desent. thankfully, no one was near. she got up, dusted herself off, plucked the majority of leaves from her hair, and set about to find her mistress. Galadriel was engagd in a food fight. Celebaewen ducked a punch bowl and apologized
" beg pardon, my lady, im so late"
suddenly, the sound of Smash Mouth's "all star" came over the feild. they left off their food fight and began to wander to the stage "your harp again?" the elf-maids ears went red. the blasted instrument had burst a string AGAIN, and celebaewen, being herself, didnt have any spares. Many of the guests were going down to the stage to dance, including Alathariel. she was disscussing high polotics with some elf that looked as if regecide was suddenly an option. Celebaewen snorted in an unladylike manner, and snorted something about dynamite and regicide.suddenly, a large pink rabbit appered. Celebaewen groaned. " i am going to talk to Mithdan about the random events generator! what if it suddenly decideds to bring Smaug back to life?" she heard an odd voice inside her head
" if you dont get off that computer RIGHT NOW i will permanently ban it!"
"ahhh! yes mum!"
Old 05-21-2002, 07:56 PM   #262
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Galadriel, quite amused at the fact that she has a minstrel, decides to quit the food fight, and starts spinning again. "Join me, Laie?" she calls out to the table. "Oh alright. fine," comes a muffled voice from underneath it, "but if i get hit by any food, i'm outta here!" Laie and Galadriel grab each other's hands and start spinning, Titanic style, of course...

Old 05-21-2002, 07:59 PM   #263
Laiedheliel
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Though she had been hesitant at first (afraid of whizzing food bullets!), once Laie starting spinning again, she laughed merrily and bid Galadriel to spin faster. "This is so much fun!" she shouted as plates of food and bottles rushed past the pair. Gala looked longingly at the bottles, and Laie giggled again.
Old 05-21-2002, 08:06 PM   #264
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Galadriel brushes a tear from her eye as she sees a bottle flying by (hey, great poetry). She just keeps on spinning, though...
Old 05-21-2002, 08:30 PM   #265
ElanorGamgee
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElanorGamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Elanor sees that the escape plan has been foiled and poor Legolas has been treed by the dangerous group of young ladies again. "Aarghhhh!" she screams, thoroughly frusterated, grabing a couple of pies and hurling them at the girls. "Keep away from him! My own! My love! My precioussssss!" She stops suddenly and scratches her head. "Did I say that?" Officially freaked out, she wanders off to get a Dr.Pepper to calm her nerves, leaving Legolas climbing as high up as the tree as he dares, screaming for help in Elvish. Elanor turns around slowly and sighs. "Ok, ok, I'll do my best," she says, picking up some more tasty ammo. "But if I turn into a Gollum-ish freak, you'll pay." Suddenly she has another idea. "Hey look, it's N*Sync!" she screams, pointing to a pavillion. It works! The girls run away screaming. Phew, close call!

[ May 21, 2002: Message edited by: ElanorGamgee ]
Old 05-21-2002, 08:34 PM   #266
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Galadriel stops spinning long enough to watch the defeat of the fan-girls "YAY! GO ELANOR!!!!" she screams, then continues spinning...
Old 05-21-2002, 08:35 PM   #267
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Boots

*Stacey walks past the remaining guests, noting a black tent, but not going near*
*Sighs* Oh, well. Sorry we missed Frodo. Wonder where Sam and Prim got to?
*Chuckles* I hope Prim hasn't gotten mad and speared anyone....
*She wanders to a tree away from the crowd, sits down and leans her back against it. A tear comes to her eye, but she blinks it away.*
Should have known this party would be a downer. Reminds me of the "I'm not popular days" in school, 'cept I haven't got my "geeky" friends to be with....
*Sighs and looks out over the un-vandalized parts of the fields.*
Oh, well, at least the scenery's pretty.
*Closes her eyes and chuckles*
A three....jeez, Prim, like it matters...
*Feels a bit sad again* Too bad we couldn't have run into the Barrow-wight or Mithidan, though. That at least would have made it more worth it....
*Leans her head back and closes her eyes again, thinking of how to go on with The Adventure of Primrose Gamgee....
Old 05-21-2002, 08:39 PM   #268
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Galadriel notices someone sitting against her tree.. she leaves Laie "i'll be back soon," she promises before she leaves. She approaches the figure, it's a human woman, who introduces herself as Stacey. "Hiya, Stacey. Wanna spin? want some coffee?" she asks as she pulls a thermos full of coffee from some pocket on her dress, grabs stacey's hand, and pulls her back to where Laie is waiting...

Old 05-21-2002, 08:40 PM   #269
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Primrose: *Yawns, thougroughly bored.* Tries walking, but nearly trips on the dress* Argh! Why did papa make me wear this horrid thing!?!?
*she tucks the hem of the skirt into the waist of her knee pants, and she can walk*
Whew! Now maybe at least I can find a coney to shoot so I can bring it home for dinner...
*looks at the food on the ground sadly*
Old 05-21-2002, 08:43 PM   #270
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey:*Feeling a bit out of place* Hi--I came with the Gamgees....*Looks around* Though I have no idea where either of them could be at the moment...
Old 05-21-2002, 08:47 PM   #271
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Galadriel grins. "OK, now, Laie and stacey hold hands, and i'll hold hands with both Laie, AND stacey, making a circle, see? NOW, spin!!!!!" So they spin...
Old 05-21-2002, 08:50 PM   #272
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Stacey:*chuckles*Whoa.....
Old 05-21-2002, 08:59 PM   #273
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Galadriel steps out of the spinning-circle. the runs a bit around Laie and Stacey until she has them all fixed up in Titanic-stlye spinning.
"you guys can stop spinning whenever you want! See ya!"
She walks over to her tree, hoping the party will still be going on when she wakes up.
She closes her eyes, and begins to dream...

She's the teenage girl again...
She has to go to bed, then to school..
She hopes with all her might that the party will still be going on tomorrow, after school.....

Old 05-21-2002, 08:59 PM   #274
Thinhyandoiel
Wight

Thinhyandoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thinhyandoiel
Eye

Thinhyandoiel looks around the place, now covered in various dishes of good food. All her clean-up work for nothing! Hurrying to meet Niere in the middle, having gotten lost on the way the first time *nervous laugh* Thin shows her the full trash bag she was able to collect, and is rewarded with a brand new trash bag.
"Drat. Hey look! Someone brought more ale! I'll just pretend I'm 18, walk over there whilst I collect pies and such from the floor, and help myself to a pint!"
Old 05-21-2002, 09:01 PM   #275
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Birdie leans over Piosenniel's shoulder as she reads the note from C.7.A. "Alright! She's in!" exclaims Birdie.

"Now wait just a minute", fumes Chile', "That's not what that note said!"

"But it's Contrary Day, Sharon! 'No' means 'yes', red means green, 'don't walk' means 'run like heck', AND..." Birdie beams, 'I am now a semi-respectable dweller in the Barrow-downs' means 'Up against the wall, Mithadan!!!'

Birdie watches as C.7.A sputters and rolls her eyes. "Well, if you didn't want it to be Contrary Day, you should have called it first." states Birdie huffily.

"Come to think of it, though", says Piosenniel, the REG seems to be not working on anyone but us, lately."

The three look around the party; people are primly bagging trash. Not a good sign. Some fan girls are chasing Legolas around the the fields, but that's nothing new. Samwise and family are standing in a corner, looking like they'd rather be planting taters then wasting their time here. Birdie's Essence of Entdraught seems to have no effect except to give people the spins. Even the dragons look a little forlorn.

"But what's wrong with the REG?" thinks Birdland. Then she sees a giant pink rabbit strolling by. Well, that's a start.
Old 05-21-2002, 09:09 PM   #276
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Samwise: *Finally coming out from behind the tree, having finished off the last of the cake* Mmm. Well, that was worth it. Miss Stacey? Tiny Rose? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Oh, dear! I hope Primrose hasn't gotten mad and shot someone through! *Looks frantically around for his daughter*
Old 05-21-2002, 09:15 PM   #277
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your soul it will creep . . .
. . . Step outta line,
The Man come and take you away . . .

The last strains from Buffalo Springfield come to a scratchy halt as Birdie took the 45 carefully, with fingers touching only the rim and edge, off the turntable and inserted it into the parchment sleeve. 'Sigh, cd's are nice, but these dusty discs have a really full character . . . ' she remarked fondly.

'OK, I'm with you, pio.' she says. 'What's the plan?'

'Well, I don't exactly have a Plan plan, I just thought in the spirit of things we'd improvise. Our first thing we need to do, though is bolster up the courage of C7A. She's just written me a very long note explaining what a respectable hobbit she is, and how Mithadan is some very important Lord of sorts, and how she wants to advance among the dead, and can't afford to offend the powers that be - read Mithadan here. Of course her syntax and sentence structure were much better done than the brief synopsis I just gave you.'

'Hmm!' replied Birdie ' I think she needs the same push out the door that Gandalf gave Bilbo the reluctant thief.'

'Great minds think alike!' exclaimed piosenniel. 'Besides, I was sort of half planning for her to ply those hobbity thief traits. & I also had plans for the Massive Tome to figure into the plan at some point.'

Night was drawing near, groups of straggling party-goers were seen settling in for rounds of stories by the bonfire and the occasional hot chocolate with marshmallows or draughts of what ale was left. Birdie handed pio some black grease paint to paint both their faces and each donned a black beret. Steering clear of the bright flames of the fire they set out in search of C7A, whom they found sitting at the back of a group of hobbits, in the shadows, hoping not to be noticed. Putting an arm through each of hers, and clamping a firm hand over her protesting mouth, they dragged her gently to a stand of rocks not too far away.

'Child', whispered piosenniel in her ear.'I have an inducement sure to make you change your mind about coming with us. Treasure!'

'Treasure!!' squeaked Child, removing the muffling hand from her mouth. A sudden gleam came into her eye. 'What exactly do you mean?'

'Well, three things actually,' replied pio thinking fast.'1.) I have enough silver pennies in this bag here to pay off the postage plus interest for all of the Shire. It's yours if you come with us. 2.) I've found a publisher for your Massive Tome - prepared to pay handsomely for the rights to printing it - red leather cover, gold lettering, your name in big, big letters. 3.)Birdie and I are prepared to go to each thread you make a reply to and enter into long debate with you until you've become a Ghost Prince of Cardolan, and beyond. Now how does that sound?'

C7A furrowed her brow and went deep into analysis of the problem.

In the darkness, piosenniel's elven eyes could see Birdie rolling her eyes at the promises made. Birdie hissed quietly at her 'You're not going to tell her *where* you got those pennies, are you?! I saw you wiping the mold off them just before you came to get me! Don't you think HE'll miss them?!'

'I'll deal with that later -- I think I have a few more Ages left in me. Some plan will come along!'

'Well, Child, you with us?'

A reluctant hand reached for the greasepaint and the beret offered; the other, more insistant hand grabbed the sack of pennies and secured them in the waistband sash of her pants.

Standing in a tight circle, and placing hands on each other's shoulders they swore to keep the rest of the party safe from random generated events. Tightening the black leather vambraces on her arms, and securing her bow to her back, pio stated firmly: 'Let us hunt some lordling!'

'Yessss' cried Birdie, Child, shaking her head bemusedly muttered -'You 2 have seen the movie far too many times!!'

::Later, down the trail toward the bar . . .::

'Just how important and powerful is this Mithadan' said pio to Birdie. 'Beats me!' came the reply.

In the trailing darkness, Child sighed, rolled her eyes at the folly of this venture, and, trusting in the Hand of Providence, hoped the consequences of 'evil' by choice would not be too disastrous.
Old 05-21-2002, 09:35 PM   #278
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Primrose: *Coming back to the fire after an unsucessful hunt, finding her father and Stacey sitting down with hot chocolate and listening to stories*

Sam: *Looks at her sleepily* Prim, where have you...nevermind.

Stacey: *Glancing up at the stars* Oh, well. The party was probably too wild for me, anyway.

Sam: *Yawning* Me, too. I'm getting too old. This is rather nice, though.

Primrose: *settling down next to her father and leaning her head on his shoulder* Yeah...
Old 05-21-2002, 09:38 PM   #279
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tolkien

Rose is satisfied with her attempt to liven things up.

She walks over to Sam to apologise for the Cake accident.

" I wish the Barrow Wright would come back out. Really, his own party and he spends almost no time enjoying it."she says to him.

Then she goes to spin with Stacy and Laie.
Old 05-21-2002, 09:39 PM   #280
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ring

( Yes! Frodo still hasn't gotten his necklace back)