Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-07-2003, 09:52 AM   #481
Hapman

1420!

Hapman surveyed the young girl in the corner. She seemed to be relaxing gradually, afraid of letting herself go. She was glancing at him quickly, then looking down at her drink.

Right Hapman, time to do your stuff he thought, and picked up his drink, the everlasting grin on his boyish face.

"How do?" he smiled. "May I sit here?" He placed himself beside the girl. "Noticed you looking at me. I'm Hapman. Who're you?"

Old 05-07-2003, 10:33 AM   #482
arelendil
Wight

arelendil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Across the room elwen saw someone she thought she had once known.

"Greetings" smiled Elwen moving quickly across the crowded room to a table. But he did not speak nor move. "are you then but a deception of a clouded mind? Or have i, unknown to myself, done you some injustice?"

He turned to Elwen, his eyes darkening with pain.

Elwen sighed. "Though i can not say how it is obvious that i have hurt you in some way to make you withdraw the hand of friendship. i hold you blameless for my part. Mayhaps one day i may once more call you friend. till then Fair well, may the star spirits guide you. Nai vardo eleni ilye lumenn' enomentielvo siluvar!" elwen ended with a bow before turning and gliding back to the corneer table.

Elwen's heart was racing. she hoped he would understand.

"someday.."Elwen smiled playing with a silver ring about her slender finger.
Old 05-07-2003, 10:47 AM   #483
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

Annalaliath smiled, " I am sure." She looked up at Aman, " Thanks. But as you are doing this notice the ink that is still caked in my hair." Then she laughed, " You should see my friend, Myrddin, she had some one shop it all off. She is a bit strange though." She straitened up and looked strait ahead, " She was the only one that accepted me for who I was. So in the Elfin lands we were the two misfits that raided the libraries and ran laughing and playing ticks on the inhabitance of them. " She thought of the good times. " But for some reason we all change, even Elves." Then frustrated she said, " Here I go rambling on just cut it will you?" Annalaliath tapped her fingers on the chair and her knee bounced with an energy that nothing could quell, even exhaustion. She wanted to get this over with as fast as she could, before she changed her mind.

And a piece of golden hair fell to the floor. She almost whimpered, but she knew it was for the best. The next fell on the apron in font of her and Annalaliath looked at it, it was covered in ink, black ink. She was almost glad, but still she was a bit sad. Her knee bounced hyperactively as she sat there...
Old 05-07-2003, 11:17 AM   #484
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

"Here I go, rambling on- just cut it will you?" Annalaliath almost snapped, but Aman didnt comment- by the gods, someone this tense just about a hair cut!

Aman let the elf's beautiful hair out of its braid, letting it run gently over her fingers for a moment. The ink was caught in the hair, making patches of it blue or indigo, like a dark river running through golden sands. Sands as fine as the finest spun gold...Taking a breath, she began to cut, letting strands of it fall onto the floor and also onto the apron which had been draped over Annalaliath. As a piece fell onto the elf's lap, Aman felt her stiffen, then she straightened, and seemed to relax slightly, but not much; Aman noticed that all the time as she was sitting there, her knee was jiggling up and down frantically. Once more, the Innkeeper didnt comment, but carried on cutting, smiling slightly as she thought of how Pio was laugh if she saw the bold and daring Aman cutting hair.

Aman's hands worked fast with the scissors, and after five minutes she withdrew.

"Done." She said, pulling the apron from Anna's shoulders and letting the golden hair tumble to the floor. The girl's hair was now cut to just about an inch beneath her ears, at the point where her jaw began. Aman fetched a broom and a small mirror which sat behind the bar- goodness knows why- and held the mirror out to the elf, smiling encouragingly. Anna looked at her, smiling slightly nervously, then took the mirror...
Old 05-07-2003, 11:30 AM   #485
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Annalaliath stood up shaking her hair to let any loose strands fall to the floor. Taking the mirror she looked at her hair, " Thank you," she said with a smile and then without thinking she stooped down ad picked up a piece of the hair putting it in a folded piece of paper. Then reaching inside a pocket she retrieved a wooden pen with a silver nib, " here use this in your books," she held it out for Aman, " I have other and I feel I ought to give you this. It will come useful."

After this Annalaliath sat with Morwen and Nahi. " So what was all that about, " she asked Nahi," all that happening last night?" Annnalaliath's knee was bouncing again. She pushed her hair behind her ears. Her eyes were blue and tired, but bright. All the while her knee bounced, letting a secret out (for those who noticed) about her boundless energy. She could hardly sit still for more than a few seconds, without movement of some kind.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:03 PM   #486
Laiquendi
Animated Skeleton

Laiquendi has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"When Feanor was slain, I was there. When Hurin was captured, I was there. When Gondolin fell, I was there too. But I did not see the battle that toppled Melkor, and only heard about it much later; I fled from that struggle before it began."

Lalaith looked up as she heard these words. All familier to her. She smiled remembering. But a saddness passed as she remembered how Gondolin fell, and the lives that were lost in the battle that saw the end of Melkor.

"Master Balrog" she called across the room, "I hear that you are a creature of old, somewhat like myself. Tis a shame you missed the battle, true it was a great loss to the elven kingdom as many died, but the glory when Melkor finally fell. Though your views may somewhat differ to my own."

She stood and bowed to him, when she looked up a faint silver star apeared upon her forehead but dissapered just as quickly, leaving those who saw it wondering whether they had imagined it.

She smiled again, though slightly apprehensive that she had revealed that much of herself to strangers. But it wasn't everyday that you met one of your first age kin.

She sat back down as Hapman approached her. She nodded a welcome.

"How do?" he smiled. "May I sit here?" He placed himself beside the girl. "Noticed you looking at me. I'm Hapman. Who're you?"

"You may sit if you wish", she surved him as he sat, wondering if he would be of any harm to her. Even though all in the inn seemed friendly you still had to be careful.

"I am Lalaith, and I was merely glancing at you, like the others in this inn. You are?"

[ May 07, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]

[ May 07, 2003: Message edited by: Laiquendi ]

I amar prestar aen, Han mathon ne nen, Han mathon ne chae, A han noston ned wilith.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:18 PM   #487
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Aman took the pen, surprised and grateful. It was wooden, carved a little at the end farthest from the nib, which was silver and, as yet, unstained. "Thankyou, Annalaliath."

Slipping the pen into her own pocket, Aman swept the last of the hair into a dustpan and went to the bar, where there was a bin, tipping the golden hair into it like a inkstained fall of snow. Looking up once more she saw Hapman walk over to a newcomer, his ever friendly smile on his merry face, and was about to join him, before she was intercepted by a young woman intercepted her.

"Excuse me, am I right in saying you are the new Innkeeper here?" She asked, her voice quiet, polite and musical. Aman glanced at Hapman and the woman, hovered for a moment, then decided Hapman would make fine company until she could spare a moment.

"Aye, thats right." She held out a hand. "Aman of Rohan."

The woman took it. "My name is Léspheria. I am here with my brother, Lóthaniel. We have...a small gift, from the lords Elladan and Elrohir - for the naming ceremony of the children of Piosenniel and Mithadan." Aman looked at her with questioning eyes, and the woman allowed herself a small grin. "Twenty casks of Miruvor."

Aman's eyes widened at this, and she had to forcibly stop her mouth from dropping open. She managed to regain control of her voice box. "Tw-" She stopped herself, gaining control of her voice rather than letting it stay as the squeaky, surprised noise it had been then. "Twenty casks? Of Miruvor? Well I...well." She finished, still gobsmacked, before adding, "Thankyou indeed!"

Léspheria smiled once more. "We asked the stable hand to get help with carrying them inside."

An image of the stable boy flashed past Aman's mind's eye. A well-meaning lad, very good with horses certainly, but otherwise a little awkward. And with that much fine wine... "I'll go and check up on him now then." She said hastily, but didnt go immediately, not wanting this kind guest to be left standing here. "Is there anything else I can get you beforehand?"

"Yes please, Aman. Would it be possible to get a room please?"

The stablehand just went on the list of things Aman had to do. She went back to the bar, beckoning the other to follow. From behind the bar, she retrieved a room key, with a wooden keyring bearing a carved dragon on it, and gave it to the woman. "First floor, just a few doors along to the right when you get up there. If you don't intend to go up immediately, would you like something to drink, both you and your brother?"
Old 05-07-2003, 01:57 PM   #488
The Daughter of Gollum and Shelob
Animated Skeleton

The Daughter of Gollum and Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Daughter of Gollum and Shelob
White-Hand

"Aman? I'd like a room please, too. I finally decided to stay."

Nannaliel was beaming at Aman. She was back, with a heavy pack behind her shoulder. She had decided to stay, to explore the Shire, and to try and find this Odo Draggins.

"Put me in one of the Elves' rooms, please..." she added. Aman looked startled.
Old 05-07-2003, 03:05 PM   #489
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Aman looked startled and almost dropped the small crate of miruvor she had brought in to stack behind the bar. She felt a hand on her elbow, as Cook reached out to steady her.

‘Here, now! You be careful with that cordial. Miz Pio will be wanting to serve it up when Naming Day comes for the twins.’

Cook placed the platter of wild mushroom pasties on the bar and helped the new Innkeeper to set her load securely on the small table behind the bar.

Vinca Bunce, affectionately know as Cook to the regulars at the Green Dragon, was a Brandybuck on her mother’s side, and somewhere back in her family history, a drop of the Took blood had crept in. She was tall for a Hobbit, and built big and sturdy, with an air of command about her that hearkened back to Bullroarer.

She was an accomplished cook – having to meet the needs of the ever expanding roster of visitors to the Inn, and she ran the kitchen with an iron hand. Gentle when need be, she had an eye to detail and was not above telling the Innkeepers who came and went what was ‘done’ in the Inn and what was not.

It was, in fact, often her promptings which set Miz Pio on the ‘right track’. And Pio had long ago learned to rely on her sense of what needed a bit of spicing up or toning down when it came to dealing with the heavy traffic in the Green Dragon.

She set Aman to unloading the crate and turned to answer the person who had posed the request for the room. Hands on hips, she eyed her up and down.

‘So, you’ld be wanting a room then, miss?’ Cook waved one of the maids over as she hurried by with an armload of freshly washed and folded linens.

‘Ruby, show this young woman up to the corner room. Miss Gilly and Miss Rose have moved out, and it would suit her I think.’ She turned back to the visitor. ‘Has two nice windows – one faces west, the other north. You can keep an eye on things that way.’ Ruby stood by patiently as Cook leaned on the bar and addressed the traveler again.

‘That’ll be 5 silver pennies a week. Payable in advance. Meals included. You pay separate for your drinks.’ She raised her brows at the would-be guest.

‘Now, what was your name, and where do you come from? I’ll just put that down here in the Inn Log.’ She dipped the quill in the inkwell at the side of the log book, wiped it carefully once, and waited . . .
Old 05-07-2003, 03:24 PM   #490
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

The chill wind blew the wet early-season snow about him as he rode; the white flakes quickly melting as they stuck to Blackveil his horse. It surely would be colder in the hills of Evendim this day though it was more seasonable when he passed through. The long days of Midsummer past made his trek in the far North quite profitable this year, and now a new path he took out of the Evendim hills and he looked for a place to dry off and warm.

There had been so many inns he would make his first stop at when returning from his treks north... the Skarlet, the Forest, the ever popular Prancing Pony in Bree, and the seedy Forsaken to the east. But this time he had wandered farther west, and the sign of the Green Dragon swung dimly in the flickering lamplight ahead.

Silvanis dismounted in front and tethered Blackveil to the tree that grew nearby the road, and as the wet snow struggled from becoming icy rain, he gave her strokes on the nose as he looked at the activity of much supply unloading from a cart. Silvanis paid it no further mind and pushed the door of the Inn open and stepped inside.

The heavily wet dark fur cloak dripped out as Silvanis looked around the Inn. One, it appeared to be the Innkeeper was getting a key for what appeared to be the one with the supply outside, and some others were talking amongst themselves at the tables. The firelight flickered its hue about the room as the flames danced with the varying draft, and the slight woodsmoke in the air gave soft haze to the lamplight. It seemed a good inn, and even if it was not, it would surely be a better sleep with a soft mat under oneself.

Sliding his hand over his head pushing the wet hood back, he stepped toward the nearest end of the bar. Leaning forward, he motioned his arm to gain attention if the Innkeeper who was rather occupied with business with a supplier, but she politly paused for a moment to tend to him.

'An ale and a room please.'

was all Silvanis said to the innnkeeper as his blue/grey eyes stared hollow at her. His wild and unkempt look was somewhat intimidating yet he was gentlmanly, and without further word, a tankard of ale was before him. The innkeeper spoke apologeticly to him, seemingly worried about the care her wine supply was getting.

"Can I get you a room after i tend to some very important business?"

Silvanis sipped the ale and nodded, and she was again off to insure all is well with her supply.

Silvanis turned and leaned on the bar, watching all that was going on, and if she didn't get to giving him a room, the roof overhead and fire of the common room was good enough.

It was a bit before she got all settled, and he listened as she spoke the rates to the woman who requested the room. He thought to hmself 'a well-ordered Inn this is' and he dug for payment for the ale and room...

[ May 07, 2003: Message edited by: Snowdog ]
Old 05-07-2003, 03:35 PM   #491
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Annalaliath turned as the door to the Inn opened and the man stepped in. Pushing her now shorter hair back behind her pointed ears she watched him as he went to the bar. As he ordered his room and ale, Annalaliath got up room her chair, excusing herself for the moment, and went to the bar.

Talking to the Cook she tapped her fingers nervously on the table. " Can I have a cup of coffee, no wait, " she said, " make that a pot, I'll take back to the table with me, Nahi looks like she would use it. I would also like four breakfast, if it is no trouble, three for us at the table and one for that man at the end of the bar there." she smiled at this cook and waited as the cook got her the coffee.

Thanking the Cook she said, " I will be at my table when the food is ready just call me and I will get it." She took the coffee and the extra mug over to her seat and set it down in the middle of the table, " here you are people drink up, but please lets not over do ourselves."
Old 05-07-2003, 04:32 PM   #492
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Ring

Dearest mother and dearest sister,
It is too late; I have left to find my destiny.
I am to become a ranger like my brothers and my father before me
so to make a place for myself in this world.

Do not weep for me mother,
I am happier now than I ever have been,
Confined in our village.
Dear sister, it is to be hoped that my decision will inspire you to follow me and not to become a bearer of children, but a hero in Middle-Earth.

Please do not look for me, I am already far away, I search for the leader of the Dunedain, to help me on my quest. I will try to come home, but I will always remember you.
Your son and brother,
Dônevel

A tear rolled down the cold cheek of Dalomy. She sat on an old stump in the Old forest near the Shire. She read the letter again and then stowed it away before It could be kissed by the new falling rain. She wiped her tear, reading her brother’s letter gave her the strength to stand and then continue down the path. Picking up the pace on the trail, she stumbled often, and fell in the mud.
I must reach the Shire if I am to live out the night.
She felt the injury on her right arm, a gash from the teeth of a wolf she had encountered leaving Bree, however, the wolf would not follow her into the forest.
Staggering for 2 more hours along the uncertain path, she was stopped at once by a hedge.
The Shire!
A tip from a traveller, Dalomy headed for an inn called the Green Dragon, which was known far and wide as a place where travellers could find rest and the egger could find their adventures.
When she finally saw the lights of the inn, she was near exhaustion, hungry and dehydrated from her long and first journey. A journey with one soul purpose, to bring her brother home.
Pushing open the inn door was almost impossible. Her gash was infected and she was close to fainting, but she knew if she did, she would die.
Light flooded out of the inn and she took a shaky step inside. She fell sideways against a wall and people looked up at her.
Everything was going dark but she managed to breath,
“Help me.” before sliding down to the inn floor.

[ May 07, 2003: Message edited by: Ainaserkewen ]

[ May 07, 2003: Message edited by: Ainaserkewen ]
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Old 05-07-2003, 04:47 PM   #493
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Aman was still busy with the shipment of miruvor, and nodded her head to Cook. ‘See to him, if you please.’

‘I’ll take that, Sir!’ Cook swiped the coins from the traveler’s hand, and set a tankard of the Dragon’s nut brown ale before him. ‘Ruby will show you to your room when your ready.’ She nodded to the young hobbit running up the steps to freshen up the other guest’s room. Asking his name, she wrote it, Silvanis, in the Log, noting where he was from after it.

‘Drink your ale and warm your feet by the fire. She’ll be back in a bit and then you can go up.’ She pointed out a table near the fireplace and waved him off to it with a promise of mid-day meal to be soon served.

Cook leaned across the bar and took Annalaliath’s chin in her hand, turning the Elf’s head from side to side. ‘Nice haircut! Suits you!’ She passed a tray with a carafe of hot coffee and four cups across the bar. ‘Here’s the coffee, miss. But we’re a little short handed today – most of the staff has gone off to visit Miz Pio and her babies.’ She pointed to the door of the kitchen. ‘If it’s breakfast you’re wanting, I’d suggest you come in and see what you can find for you and your friends. The only requirement is that you clean up after yourselves when you’re done.’

Buttercup, the lone kitchen assistant, came out to retrieve Cook from the Common Room. ‘I need help getting the sandwiches done,’ she said plaintively. ‘I can’t stir the soup and cut meat, cheese, and bread, too.’

Cook followed her back through the swinging door, swiping a bottle of miruvor from the shelf as she passed by. ‘Always wanted to try this,’ she thought to herself. She held the bottle up to the light, marveling at the clear light filled liquid within.

The faint cry of ‘Help me . . .’ assailed her just as the door swung closed behind her. Cook opened the door a crack and peered out.

‘Well, if that don’t beat all!’ She called for Buttercup to bring the smelling salts. ‘Some woman’s gone and fainted dead away by the front door . . .’

[ May 08, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 05-07-2003, 04:51 PM   #494
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

"First floor, just a few doors along to the right when you get up there. If you don't intend to go up immediately, would you like something to drink, both you and your brother?"

"oh that would be lovely" she smiled "three mulled wines if you please, we will be joining a guest here named Fawain Isilmeleo" Aman pushes the drinks across the bar, Léspheria Thanked Aman and politely excused herself and headed over to where her brother and friend where seated.

---------------------------------------------

Fawain had been staring into the fire, when suddenly she heard the unmistakably fair voice of her dear friend Lóthaniel. She jumped up from her seat,looking around and there he was almost right behind her, his shining face smiling at her. "Lóthaniel" she cried happily, almost crushing him as she grabbed him and hugged him tight, as she pulled away she looked around him frowning "No Léspheria? I thought you where joined at the hip" she jested with a mischevious smile on he face. "Don't worry she is here" he laughed, "she is getting us a room and hopefully something to drink".

Lóthaniel suddenly remembered why he was here. Sighing heavily he gently guided Fawain to a quiet table in the corner of the room.They sat down and Fawain looked at him wondering what was wrong. There was a moments silence which Fawain broke by asking softly "what is it Lóth" to which he replied "Do you remember us talking about a Ranger named Halwain" Fawain nodded remembering the name vaguely. Lóthaniel looked at her soft happy features that he loved so much and continued hesitantly "He is your Father". Fawain sat there frozen for a moment she couldn't believe what she was hearing, "n..no he can't be, m..my father is dead, how can this be" she stammered. Lothaniel put his hand on her shoulder to comfort her "There is more, he is being held by Skaikrish" At the Name of her mothers killer, a flash of anger crossed her face "how did this happen" she asked. " you must understand that your father loved your mother very much and when he heard of her death he set out to look for her killer, Hal has single handedly been responsable for the death of many of Skaikrish's orcs" he told her. Fawain looked slightly confused " so why does he not kill him " he said sensing the source of her confusion, she nodded confirming that that was exactly what she was thinking, "It's not Hal that he's after" he paused looking at her again "It's you".

"What!!! Why!!!" she cried, Lóthaniel sighed "it seems the orc you killed in the misty mountains, before we found you was Skaikrish's mate" Fawain thought on this for a while recounting that battle, suddenly she knew what she must do. She looked up at Lóthaniel amazingly calm considering all she had just learnt and said " We must help him, when do we leave" Lóthaniel smiled at her courage "we leave tomorrow at first light". Fawain smiled weakly "tell me more of my Father" she asked. Lóthaniel leaned back in his chair and took out his long white pipe and packed it with a sweet smelling weed and lit it up, taking a few puffs he answered "hmm, now where would you like me to start" he grinned.

just then Lésperia joined them placing down the three mulled wines she was carrying, "ah the pipe is out are we in for a long night of story telling then" she said smiling mischeviously. "Fawain wishes to know more of her father" He smiled back to her. Léspheria looks between the two, glad that things had seemed gone well, "Oh, well continue then brother" she laughed pushing the drinks to them.
Old 05-07-2003, 07:40 PM   #495
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Sting

Niniel, confused, looked at Hapman, then at Lalaith. She wasn't sure if the evercheerful man had been talking to her, or to Lalaith. Either way, he was close enough that she felt she could risk at least talking to him. Maybe even asking him where he was from. She took a deep breath and clasped the hem of her cloak.

"Um, Hapman? I'm--I'm--well, you can call me Niniel. Would you--would you like to--to join me?" She bit her lip. She had sounded so stupid, and how could she make a good impression on people if she stuttered?
Old 05-08-2003, 12:49 AM   #496
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Cook and Buttercup rushed past the other customers in the Inn. So engrossed were the others in their conversations and their food and drink that they had not noticed the plight of the poor downed traveler who lay in a heap near the door.

‘She’s breathing,’ said Cook, much relieved. She popped open the top to the smelling salts and waved them underneath the woman’s nose, while Buttercup chafed her wrists. Soon a soft moan emanated from the fallen figure, and her eyes fluttered open.

‘Make way!’ shouted the two Hobbits, as they assisted the woman to her feet and settled her quickly in a chair. Cook wrapped a warm quilt round her shoulders, and sent Buttercup to fetch her a mug of hot tea. Sipping the warm liquid revived her somewhat, and she managed to splutter a thank-you to her two rescuers.

‘Don’t think a thing of it, Miss,’ said Cook gently, patting her hand. She looked kindly at the young woman. ‘Now tell us who you are, Miss. And what’s brought you to such a state, if you will . . .’
Old 05-08-2003, 01:52 AM   #497
Animated Skeleton

White-Hand

Nanna watched the incident. Yes, she is evil, but she has a good side, you know. She rushed to the Inn keeper and ordered a glass of water.

"Please," she said. "I - I mean her - desparately needs a glass of water."

That was instantly delivered to her. She took it, and ran to the woman who was helped by the Hobbits.

"Here you go, old mate," Nanna said, and gave her the glass.
Old 05-08-2003, 06:20 AM   #498
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Fawain had sat for hours listening to Lóthaniel recount the deeds of her father and the story of why he had not remained in Ithilien with her mother. It seems that her father had made many enemies during his time as a ranger and most of them beared grudges for some reason or other, so when she was born he had decided to leave to keep his family safe. He also told her the reason why her mother often rode with the elves of Ithilien, The wood-elves provided them with a secret place where they could safely meet and where he could find out how is daughter was doing.

Fawain smiled contently, the thought of her Father secretly looking out for her warmed her heart. And now I can repay his guardianship by aiding him in his hour of need she thought to herself. Although she knew she would be walking into a trap and that Skaikrish probably kill her father weather she went or not, she was contented, after all the twins would be going with her and they would also have the aid of the rangers of Annúminas. she was confident that they would prevail or she would die trying.

She found herself staring deep into Lóthaniel's sparkling grey eyes, eyes full of wisdom and again she was glad that he would be going with her. He smiled at her then turned to Lésperia saying "how was the gift taken, was twenty enough". Léspheria burst out laughing remembering the look on the innkeepers face, the other two looked at her waiting for her to continues still chuckling she said " yes, I think twenty was more than enough, I thought the innkeeper jaw was going to hit the floor when I told her the amount of casks we brought" at that Fawains jaw dropped "tw-twenty" she stammered, sending Léspheria again into fits of musical laughter. "yes exactly like that" she laughed pointing to the almost identical look on her friends face. "the lords have most certainly out done themselves this time" she said joining in with the laughter. Laughing also Lóthaniel put in " it has been a good year for the draught in Rivendell".

Suddenly their laughter was interruped by a fair haired messenger bursting into the inn shouting out Lespheria's name, Looking up she raised her hand calling the messenger over to their table. He ran over gasping for breath waving a scroll infront of her, she took the scroll and bade the elf to sit, pushed her drink to him and untying the scroll she began to read.

To miss Léspheria Denfëa
From Lord Elladan

We have urgent buisness in Gondor with King Elessar and will not be able to attend the naming ceremony of Piosenniel and Mithadan's children as planned. We would be most greatful if you could once again act as a representitive from Rivendell, and offer any aid that is required in prepartion.

yours Thankfully
Lords Elladan and Elrohir.

Léspheria let out a long sigh as she finnished reading, "It looks like I shall not be going with you after all" she said handing the parchhment to her brother. Lóthaniel and Fawain both read the parchment and burst out laughing, Lésperia looked at them a little puzzled and a little cross. Still laughing Lóthaniel explained "I think you are getting the better deal my dear sister, a party and the notability. do not try to pretent that you would rather be fighting orcs in the blue mountains, we know you better than that" Lesperia huffed but she never could stay mad at her brother for long.

She turned to the messenger asking him if he would be joining them for their mid-day meal, he shook his head in refusal saying that he was to return at once with her reply, " then I will give it" she replyed "tell the lords that I would be most honoured to act in their stead, Also inform them that I shall remain in the inn till my brother returns from his current task and have someone from my house deliver clothing and such" the mesenger smiled a mischeviously and replied "the lords have already seen to you trunk it has been taken to your room". "oh have they now" she laughed. With that the messenger finnished his drink gave a quick bow and left them.

Lésperia rose from her seat saying to Fawain and her brother "now it seems that once again I must look for the good lady innkeeper and inform her that I will be staying longer, you never know she may even have some work for me, to pass the time while I wait for you to return." Fawain smiled at her saying "I do not doubt that the innkeeper has seemed a little shorthanded these past few days." So with a quick nod to her brother and friend she left to find Aman.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:54 AM   #499
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Niniel heard the commotion and instantly forgot about Hapman, the ale, and her nervousness. She reached into her belt pouch for the herbs that she always carried in case of emergency. Too many people solved a theft with a knife for her not to know something of first aid.

"Um, excuse me? I--I have some herbs that might help." She offered the dried leaves hesitantly, wondering if her help would be accepted. That gash looked very bad and had a putrid smell that Niniel associated with infection. Since no one waved her away, but neither did they seem to hear her, Niniel approached the innkeeper and asked for some hot water and clean cloths, which Aman gladly gave her. Niniel steeped the leaves in the water and bathed a cloth in the now sweetsmelling liquid. Once again she approached the hobbits and the stranger, this time carrying her treated water with her. She offered the soaked cloth to the taller hobbit and retreated to her corner. She watched the proceedings and prayed that the woman would be all right.
Old 05-08-2003, 09:41 AM   #500
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Dalomy cuddled under her quilt.

"A thousand thank yous." She said quietly. She sipped her drink and with it gained new energy.

"My name is Dalomy, I am a traveler from the north." She reached for her bag that had been taken off and put in a corner. A hobbit ran and fetched it. Inside she found her brother's letter and read it aloud to them and after reading it she could sit up under her own power again.

"Dônevel is my brother. I search for him."
She said with more strength.
"Have you seen him? He is 19 years of age, dark hair and tall." she asked hopefully, but all heads frowned no.
"I didn't think he would come this way." she said wistfully, and went into silent thought for a moment.

"Tell us your story miss!" said one of her caretakers.

"My story? I don't have a story...well, now...I guess I do." She took a long draught from her mug.
"Like I have already told you, I come from the north, from a small village where myself, my mother and Dônevel lived peacefully. But my brother was a unrest and lusted for the wide world. My mother forbade him to leave, him being so young. But 4 months ago, we found this letter and my brother gone. My mother, despite his letter weeped for days until sending me out to find him. I have been searching ever since." She bowed her head remembering the toil of her journey.

"I've never been out of my village before and had no intention to go. I my heart is stilled for the moment."

"Where is your father?" someone asked, putting their hand on her shoulder.

"Dead, as are my two older brothers. Killed by wolves, or orcs or trolls in the wild.
For I am of the race of the Dunedain and my father and brothers were aides in the fight against the dark powers. It was a noble death." A tear rolled down her cheek.

"If I could," she asked wiping the tear away.
"A kettle a hot water to bathe my wound? And a room, I shall rest for a few days and hope the infection leaves me."

All noticed the gash on her arm, she told them of the wolf who gave it too her.

"You are very brave to look for your brother by yourself."

Dalomy shook her head.
"I do not search for my brother now, I search for the leader of the Dunedain, for my brother seeks him."

"Of course, of course." They helped her to her feet and a hobbit with a lattern led her to a room close to the common room, encase she needed anything.

"Thank you again." Dalomy said again. She asked not be troubled for three days, as she needed only rest and a plate of food set quietly by her bed three times a day.

The hobbit closed the door and went back to the group.

[ May 08, 2003: Message edited by: Ainaserkewen ]
always eating chicken?
Old 05-08-2003, 11:29 AM   #501
Snowdog

1420!

Signing the Inn log with his nearly unreadable Tengwar scrawl, the style was closest to that of the northern Dúnedain, he put Fornost down this time. Looking at the innkeeper, he nodded and said,

'Thank you, it will only be for one night.'

...and he walked slowly toward the fireplace where she had pointed.

The din of converse in the common room was hushed when a wounded woman came through the door and fell to the floor. Silvanis paused as others rushed to her aid, then continued to the table. Moving the chair to the side of the hearth, he removed the wet cloak and lay it out to hopefully dry by the fire. Sitting and sipping the ale... it was refreshing since it had been months since he had any, he savoured the taste and settled to relax. The sound of a hot meal not cooked by himself in the wild was appealing, and a good cleaning and bed will be a welcome change to the spots of sleep he was used to.

Silvanis brushed back his long greying hair with one hand while the other dug inside his vest to find his pipe and a tattered leafbag. Digging out a little and slipping it back, He turned to the fireplace and searched the floor for a wood splinter. Finding a long skinny dropping from a log long since burned, he held it in the base coals until it ignited and used it tl light his pipe. A cloud arose about him, though it didn't smell very good. What he had to smoke was some crude wild galenas he found on a south slope in Rhuadur, obviously an attempt to cultivate the leaf from a Shire strain. Surely he could get some decent SouthFarthing Leaf here, but until then it would do.

Listening and watching unconcerned the activity surounding the sick girl, his eyes watched out for other goings on in the room. He noted the innkeeper and her questions. such curiosity she had, and one had to be careful in a place like this as to what was said, especially after a few ales. The thought caused Silvanis to pause his hand as he went to drink a mouthfull of ale, and instead it was tempered into another sip. Relaxing back, he would wait for the mid day meal and though he was silent he did take note the activities around and the words spoken by the awakening woman.

Yes, the north was a hard place, and the evil lingered much there. Her brother would have to be both cunning and strong to survive long there. Her words did perk his interest, though he didn't show it. For there was strange callings several nights when he traversed the Twilight Hills. He may have to talk with her about her trek, but later, after shem and himself, rests from the long hard road.

[ May 08, 2003: Message edited by: Snowdog ]
Old 05-08-2003, 11:47 AM   #502
Animated Skeleton

White-Hand

As he watched, Nannaliel was sitting in the corner reading a strange book. She was also wondering about the sick girl. This is no ordinary pub, she thought.

Suddenly, as she rose her eyes from the gripping text of her book, she caught sight of a fat little hobbit sipping ale from a glass. Is that Odo Draggins, she thought. She was aware of the dislike and trouble she caused for the visitors of the inn, but the unrest about the death of her father still heaved upon her heart.

Slowly, she got up, put away her book and approached the halfling.
Old 05-08-2003, 01:02 PM   #503
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Dalomy tossed and turned. Her wound hurt so much, the medicin did not seem to be working. Other than the pain however, she was wide awake. She felt life back in her tired limbs and her voice was clear. She felt strange since she had entered the inn. She felt sorrow for her brother, but happiness to be alive, and on the mend.
Her thoughts drifted to her mother, alone and weeping for her lost children. How Dalomy felt she had already failed her. She must find the leader of the Dunedain, but she knew not where he dwelt. Her thoughts were suddenly interupted but a small hobbit woman coming into her room, carrying a tray of food.

"Thank you." Dalomy said simply. The hobbit had a conforting smile, and she looked over her wound.

"It's healing fast," she said at last.
"But you must be in alot of pain."

"I am." Dalomy said, though not as much as before the hobbit came in. The thought that her gash was healing, made the pain dull.

"Everyone is worried about you." Said the hobbit, placing down the tray of bread, cheese, and water. "May I tell them you are healing?" Dalomy nodded.

"I will leave you rest, call if you need anything." And she left.

Dalomy's mind was troubled. After she was well, where would she go? By herself, she could go no further in this strange land.

She would wait for news, and maybe traveling friends. With the pain dulling, she lay down after her meal and slipped into a deep slumber, where no dream entered her mind.
It would look brighter in the morning.

[ May 08, 2003: Message edited by: Ainaserkewen ]
always eating chicken?
Old 05-08-2003, 01:24 PM   #504
Laiquendi
Animated Skeleton

Laiquendi has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Lalaith watched in curiosity as the young girl collapsed onto the inn floor. She was starting to get the uneasy feeling in her stomach. She sighed, the last time she had felt this uneasy was when she was in the North with the Dunedain, they had been ambushed by wargs.

Nothing could have followed me here she thought, trying to reasure herself But, there was that figure in the woods.

She shook her head, remembering the strange figure she had come across. It was human, her elven senses had told her that much, but there was something else. Something she couldn't put her finger, or maybe even more effective, her sword on.

She sighed as she looked around the bar, looking for that shifty figure, but no-one in the room had that sense about them. She looked outside. It had become very dark, as storm clouds rolled in. The ground was already drenched and the roads turing muddy. She saw a figure to the left of the window. Across the road and moving swiftly. She turned, as another tall figure burst into the inn. He had a scar running across his face and he had lost an eye, as his socket was left bear and gaping. He held a short sword in his scarred hand.
The others turned, shocked and scared, as he swaggered in. They all knew that he could use his weapons.

"Lalaith" he sneered. His voice rough. Everyone turned to face Lalaith, but found her gone. The door to the inn was open and her cloak gone. Shocked they turned back to where the man had stood, only to see the back of his cape as he left the inn, joined by others.

The cook walked out from behind the bar, not sure of what to make of this whole scene. Closing the inn door she walked over to the table that Lalaith had been sitting at. On it lay five golden coins and a note, written in a neat script.

Please take these as an apology for a situation that I could not explain. I hope to the Valar that none were hurt and I thank you for your generosity. I hope that if I return you see fit to welcome me again. And I promise that no harm will befall any of you.
Namarie
Lalaith
Herald to Thranduil
Herald to King Elessar
Sister-daughter to Gil-Galad

I amar prestar aen, Han mathon ne nen, Han mathon ne chae, A han noston ned wilith.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:25 PM   #505
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Stepping down from his steed Soronume once again laid his feet on familiar ground. It had been some months since he had been to this inn, his last journey had led him further than he had imagined it would.

Soronume took several small steps forward before stopping a few feet from the door of the Green Dragon Inn. Turning his head he looked back to the tree that he had sat under on his last visit, remembering the friends he had made, and now lost.

A sharp pain shot to his side and he clutched his stomach as it grew tight. No visible mark left from the wound but it went far deeper than that. A memory so near to his mind and heart flashed back to him from the perilous quest to Cirith Ungol, a memory of the moment his companions fell alongside him.

At that moment the door of the inn opened and a hobbit walked past, staring at Soronume. As the pain loosened it's grip he stood more upright and smiled at the small crature. What more could anyone do than stare at this worn figure? Having always had the look of a well travelled ranger, Soronume's latest adventure had left him injured and alone. His clothes were ragged and his cloak torn where he had cut a small patch away to bind a companions wound. His elven air , dark hair loose past his shoulders and his deep eyes were of the few traits that would leave him recognisable to an aquaintance of past.

As the hobbit grew distant Soronume made way to the door, still lightly holding his side. Pushing the door open and bowing his head he glanced around the room. It was how he had remembered it to be. Busy, warm and welcoming. Gently brushing past a few standing elves Soronume reached the bar where he took seat, silently.

[ May 08, 2003: Message edited by: Gorothlammothiel ]
Old 05-08-2003, 06:46 PM   #506
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Niniel approached the bar, finally deciding to ask for something else to drink. Ale always fogged her mind, it made it hard to think. Niniel always avoided fermented beverages, it was too easy to lose control of her emotions and of her tongue. Aman seemed to be somewhat busy, so Niniel waited quietly without sitting down.

There was a man there, as silent as she. He looked tired, worn. He cradled his abdomen as though it pained him. Niniel wanted to ask him if he was all right, but she felt that she had said and shown too much of herself for one day. It frightened her, this new openness. It wasn't what she usually did, and Niniel was a lady of habit. Habits that had kept her alive.

The man at the bar doubled over with pain. Before she quite knew it, Niniel had reached his side and was supporting him. When he could sit up again, she moved away self-conciously. The man's eyes were frightening, so deep, so dark. So full of memories, of pain.
Old 05-08-2003, 07:46 PM   #507
Wolf Larson
Pile O'Bones

Wolf Larson has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Chali sat in the corner silently, watching all the inn's activity. His young eyes darting from one creature to the next.

Everything was new to him the hobbits, the elves and their flowing cloaks, the old gaffers and their aged wisdom, the young welps and their anxious dreams of grandeur and renown. Though if nothing else his father had taught him not to speak out unless great nessecity or courtesy required it.

So Chali sat in a corner silently, watching all the inn's activity.

[ May 09, 2003: Message edited by: Wolf Larson ]
Old 05-08-2003, 08:39 PM   #508
Wolf Larson
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Wolf Larson Please check your PM's (Private Messages) for instructions on how to edit your posts.

To check your PM's, click on the gold colored, 'my profile' at the top right corner of this page.

~~ Piosenniel, Shire Moderator

Old 05-08-2003, 10:31 PM   #509
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Envinyatar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

‘Silvanis, is it?’ Derufin nodded courteously to the man, then tipped his chin at the chair opposite him. ‘May I?’

The man looked up at him questioningly. Derufin smiled. ‘I work here at the Inn. The erstwhile stableman, if you will.’ He nodded toward the window, outside which the wind still gusted, sending flurries of thick wet snow swirling through the air. ‘I took the liberty of stabling your horse. Rubbed him down, dried him off. Left him some early sweet grass with which to pass the time. A handsome mount, if I might say so. Got your name from the Inn Log so I could tell his owner what I’d done with him.’

A passing server smiled sweetly at Derufin as he took a pint from her tray, paying her with a wink from his glinting eyes. He sat down in the chair opposite Silvanis, and putting his tankard on the worn table top, pulled out his own pipe and pouch of pipeweed. ‘Wild galenas, eh?!’ he remarked, wrinkling his nose a bit at the pungent aroma of poorman’s pipeweed. ‘Here, try some of this, if you’ld like. Southern Star.’

He held out the pouch to the man . . .
Old 05-09-2003, 05:14 AM   #510
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

After Léspheria had left to look for Aman, Lóthaniel and Fawain had sat and watched as People hurried to the aid of a young woman who had fainted by the door. "I do not search for my brother now, I search for the leader of the Dunedain, for my brother seeks him." the pair heard the young woman say, they looked to each other suprised. "she said she had come from a village in the north, then she must have got lost" Fawain said. Lóthaniel nodded in agreement, following her line of thought he continued "she must have already passed him for surely he would have went to the rebuilt city of Annúminas, the new stronghold of the Dunedain", "unless of course, by leader of Dunedain she meant King Elessar himself" she finnished, knitting her brow in a puzzled expression."I think we must speak with this young woman ere we leave" Lóthaniel whispered, Fawain nodded her agreement.

They watched as the woman was taken to her room. As the hobbit that had been tending her passed Lóthaniel grabbed her gentle by the arm asking "that young woman, what room is she in?". The hobbit glared at him sucpiciously "I think we can help her find her brother or at least direct her to someone else that may know something." he added quickly. The hobbit looked at them both wondering if she should tell them or not They look friendly enough she thought to herself, maybe they can help her. The hobbit then proceded to tell them what room the girl was in. "but don't you go disturbing her today she is in need of much rest" the hobbit told them in a voice that told them that she would not tolerate other wise. with that she returned to the kitchen.

"We shall go up tonight then." Fawain asked, "yes" Lóthaniel nodded. Fawains stomach gave a loud grumble, she looked down "time for lunch I think" she laughed. It was now late afternoon and she had had nothing to eat all day.

---------------------------------------------

Léspheria had been unable to locate Aman, She must be personally attending to the casks she chuckled to herself. She peeked into the kitchen, where a young hobbit was busily preparing the midday meal,she was trying to make sandwiches and stir soup all at the same time, it wasn't going well Lésperia couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. The hobbit turned to her with a Flustered look on her face, Léspheria lowered her head apologetically. Suddenly she felt the Hobbit pulling her over to the stove that had a big pan of wild mushroom and nettle soup on it "Stir this for a minute " she was saying. "B..but I..Im just looking for Aman" she stammered. "you just missed her" the flustered hobbit said heading for the door "I'll be back in a second, I'm just going to bring cook back" she cried as she went through the door that lead to the bar.

Lésperia looked at the pot before her, the wonderful smell of the soup filled her nostrils, she couldn't help taking a sip hmmmmm, Perfect she thought to herself.
She turned the heat down and continued to stir, just then the door opened again it was the hobbit returning with another taller, well built, sturdier hobbit behind her presumably the cook, but before they could reach her there was a cry from the common room "help me".The cook opened the door a crack and peered out.

‘Well, if that don’t beat all!’ She said calling for Buttercup to bring the smelling salts. ‘Some woman’s gone and fainted dead away by the front door . . .’ and again they where gone. The Soup was just about done so she turned it right down and shrugging she decided to help the pair futher by finnishing off the sandwiches that the hobbit named Buttercup had started.
Old 05-09-2003, 05:20 AM   #511
Animated Skeleton

White-Hand

Nanna felt out of place as she crouched by her book. Not that she was an attention seeker. It was just she wanted to help. Who was the strange woman who fainted, she thought.

She saw that there was nothing for her to do, so she approached the sandwich-makers.

"Er... can I help you?" she stammered. With that sentence, she obviously wanted a sarnie herself...
Old 05-09-2003, 05:34 AM   #512
Wolf Larson
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Chali pondered about the woman falling and the elves who so quickly departed their table after that. 'Shall I go over and take a look into it', He thought, "Surely they would be watching me as well. I had best keep my peace for a while longer."

"Yes, you shouldn't go off now as I have just arrived." Chali turned abruptly to the source of the voice and was startled. "Derin! Dear Derin! Whatever brings you to the Shire?"

[ May 12, 2003: Message edited by: Wolf Larson ]
Old 05-09-2003, 12:47 PM   #513
Snowdog

Pipe

Silvanis looked up at the man who approached, and wasn't too suprised when he spoke his name. This Inn had a way of news spreading about, and he mentally noted that fact. Silvanis nodded and made a slight motion with his mug as he raised it to his lips, silently saying the chair is open. A sip of ale and a thunk of the tankard on the table led to Silvanis saying to the stableman,

'I am somewhat suprised she let you do all that, but then the hard road and long days have been telling on her as well. Her name is Blackveil, and she has a high spirit when she wants to. But I think you may have won favor in her eyes with your gentle care. Be sure to free her to the grasslands before dark or she will have your stable in an uproar.'

Silvanis took another sip before looking at the man turn his eye toward an approaching serving wench. Silvanis went on to say,

' You have me at a disadvantage for your name does not appear on an Inn's log for me to read.'

The stableman grabbed an ale from her tray without paying, so he seemed to have the wench's favor, or at least was taking advantage of a perk of being in the Inn's employ. Silvanis let out a large cloud of his harsh smoke before tamping it on the nearby hearth, when the man offered some of his smoke. Neverminding the facial commen he made of the reek of his ragweed, Silvanis heard him say,

"Here, try some of this, if you’ld like. Southern Star."

As he held out the pouch, Silvanis nodded with a slight smile and took it.

"The name's Derufin."

he said as he offered the smoke and the pouch changed hands. Dipping his pipe into it and coming out with a overflowing bowl, Silvanis slid the pouch back to Derufin and again used the small tinder to torch the leaf up. Offering the stableman first light, letting it burn in a sweet aroma, Silvanis quickly lit his own. A relaxing draw put a smile ln his face as the bluish-grey smoke arose in a haze about the table lamp.

'Good leaf Derufin!'

Silvanis said as he drew again. It had been a few months since he had some Shire leaf...

'Can you locate a good plug of it I could buy?'

Silvanis was relaxing and sipping his ale again, he noticed the stableman again turned to eye the serving wench as she made her rounds. Silvanis looked about the Inn and saw the busy innkeeper caretake the place and ready to serve sandwiches. People coming and going through the door and all the goings on of the inn were strange, but then again Silvanis always had this trouble re-adjusting to being around people after being out in the wild for so long.

[ May 09, 2003: Message edited by: Snowdog ]
Old 05-09-2003, 01:54 PM   #514
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Aman was feeling rushed off her feet. Since when did the Inn become so busy? Cook was very helpful, but in her busy, efficient way, she made Aman feel about as busy and efficient as a chocolate teapot. She made her way into the kitchen, where she saw one of the guests, bending over a pot of soup.

"Good gracious, may I ask why one of my guests is helping with the meal?" She asked, feeling once more probably as embarrased as the elf. Lesperia now spun around, ladle in hand, like a child caught stealing pies, but recovered beautifully.

"I was stirring the soup, it was starting to boil at the edges."

"Thats fine, thanks." Aman spied the sandwiches and her eyebrows raised in surprise. "You were helping with the sandwiches as well?"

The elf smiled and nodded. "They're pretty much done, there are plenty there."

Aman started at her and returned the smile. "Well thankyou, thankyou very much! Well...I'd better get around to serving these out then."

"I'll help you. I havent anything else to do. I gather you are a little short handed at the moment?" Lésperia asked conversationally, picking up a tray.

"Hmm, yes, it seems that the Hoardes have arrived all at once!" Aman smiled.

"Well, I believe I will be staying a bit longer. While I am, would you like a hand around the place?"

Indeed, this elf had fallen from the Gods themselves! "That would be fantastic!" She picked up another tray and turned towards the door, hoisting it open with a complicated foot movement and holding up it open for Lésperia. Through it came another elf, who Aman recognised with a groan as being Nannaliel. She forced herself not to close the door again.

"Er... can I help you?" she stammered.

Aman goggled. Good grief, what was happening to the world? First the gods gift to Innkeepers offered to stay for a few days, then an being who was practically homicidal decided to be helpful. She nodded and indicated the tray. Nanna picked up a tray and followed.

Splitting up they began to weave around through the Inn's customers, offering sandwiches. Aman tried her best to meet and greet as many of the newcomers as she could, until she saw a figure near the bar who looked somewhat familiar, but Aman had no idea why. She made her way around to the man and offered the tray.

"Sandwich, sir...?" She offered.

"Soronume." He looked up and smiled, taking one of the offered sandwiches. Aman went on, "So where is it you come from?"

"From Mirkwood, Lady....?"

"Aman. Mirkwood you say? I have an friend, living in the forest. I think you may have heard of her- Tallin, Tallin the wolf tamer? Wolfsoul I think they may call her."
Old 05-09-2003, 03:21 PM   #515
Wolf Larson
Pile O'Bones

Sting

"Oh, not too aweful much," Said Derin seating himself acroos form Chali. "I am looking for that brother of yours and some of the locals direted me to this establishment. Though I don't see him around anywhere."

Old Derin Bloodgaurd, always true to his name and true to his freinds, chali hadn't seen the old dwarf for ages. Ever since he and his brother had left their home in the mountians.

"I didn't know he was in the area," Chali replied, looking his good freind over. "He probably isn't, you know how he hates crowds," Derin said with a smile that illuminated his face hideing some scars and revealing others.

"So my dear Derin, how has your colony been lately? I want to know everything" Derin gave a pale shine of his eyes and said, "To tell you all you wish to know, I'd need more ale than you and I can afford, and more time than either of us have to spare my freind. But I can say we are doing quite well, your mother is in good spirits and excelent health, the price of our iron has increased 5-fold, and all is well with our side of the world."

Chali soon realized that even though the Dwarf would fein to stop his story, it would continue deep into the night and possibly into the early morning. So he resigned any thoughts of leaving for the morning.

Old 05-09-2003, 04:13 PM   #516
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Soronume looked straight into the eyes of the young maiden who had offered her hand then moved away so quickly. "I'm sorry my'lady. I did not mean for my appearance to frighten you, nor did I intend for my injury to cause you any inconveinience. There is no need to recline so quickly" He gave her a soft smile, as much as he could manage as the pain lingered on. The maiden stepped forward, seemingly more relaxed though still unsure of this stranger.

Soronume gestured for her to take seat at the bar. His pain was fading and he sat more upright. "My name is Soronume and I am not such a stranger to these parts as I may seem" he looked down on his worn clothes. The maiden spoke softly, "Niniel, my name is Niniel" "Then greetings Niniel" he replied.

Niniel looked down to Soronume's side. He raised his hand away and to the counter. "There is no wound, just a pain, more of memory than anything else." Once again the maiden seemed lost in his gaze...
Old 05-09-2003, 05:21 PM   #517
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Léspheria merrily wondered around the room handing out sandwiches and cheerfully introducing herself to the guests. When she reached the table her brother and Fawain where sitting at she heard a loud rumble then the pair burst out laughing, "Here I think you could do with some of these" she laughed handing them both some sandwiches.
They both thanked her."that was fast" Lothaniel laughed. "yes, it seems they were more shorthanded than we thought" she smiled happily.

Lóthaniel and Fawain then proceeded to tell her about the young woman that had fainted and about her looking for the leader of the Dúnedain, to find her brother. "We are going to go up later this evening to see if we can help her" Fawain said, she nodded taking in everything they were telling her. "She may even wish to travel with us to Annúminas to meet with the Dúnedain there" Lóthaniel said. "So when will you be leaving?" she asked trying desperately to hide the worry in her voice. "At first light" they both replied in unision, making Lespheria laugh despite her worry.

Looking up she saw other people without sandwiches. "try the soup" she winked at them as she left. Suddenly remembering that she had the room key in her pocket, she balanced the tray of sandwiches carefully in one had and reached into her pocket removing the key and tossing it to her brother saying "First floor, just a few doors along to the right." He caught it laughing "see you later then".

As she continued to walk around the room with the last of the sandwiches she caught the unmistakably sweet smell of southern star pipe weed wafting through the room. She looked around for the source of the smell it was coming from two men sat by the fire, she walked over and offered them the last of the sandwiches. "hmmm, Southern star" she said inhaling the sweet aroma and smiling warmly. Putting the tray on a small table next to them, she extended her hand saying "My name is Léspheria Denfëa from Rivendell and I shall be helping out around the inn for a time". still smiling she asked "Do you mind if I join you?"

[ May 10, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]
Old 05-09-2003, 07:22 PM   #518
Aireore

Silmaril

A small figure slipped in through the inn's door. It wore a long gray cloak, dirtied at the ends, and worn brown breeches. It settled itself at a table in the shadowy corner, and ordered a single glass of wine.

The figure took off the hood, and it revealed a young elven maiden, her waist-length hair wavy and chestnut-colored. Her pale face was streaked with mud. She hunched over, watching the commotion going on, and slowly drank her wine.

[ May 09, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]

Old 05-09-2003, 10:14 PM   #519
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Niniel came back to herself with a start. The stranger, Soronume?, seemed to expect an answer. She wanted to ask what wound could still pain even after it was only a memory. Then she thought of her own wounds. Though none were physical, nor did they pain her as Soronume's did him, they were as painful, if not more, as memories than when she'd first gained them.

"How--how did that happen?" she asked, cursing once again her stutter. Soronume closed his eyes. Niniel wanted to kick herself for asking a question that was so insensitive. She tugged at her hair and looked away, blushing.
Old 05-09-2003, 10:39 PM   #520
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Morwyn sat motionless on her stool at the bar. Nahai was staring blankly at the wall, as she'd been for several minutes, and Annalaliath... Morwyn looked again. Annalaliath had cut all her hair off just below the jawline. The elf bounced her golden hair as she tapped her foot on the floor. It actually looked quite nice, once one got over the shock of seeing it gone.

Morwyn sipped reflectively at her coffee. She'd heard Lalaith refer to the creature that had asked her the date as a Balrog. She'd heard of several of the events he'd mentioned and knew they belonged to the far past. She looked askance at it and pushed her chair a little farther away.

At the appearance of the miruvor bearing elves, Morwyn's eyes lost their glassy look. Pio had had twins, she'd nearly forgotten in all the commotion of the night past. She watched the elves drag the casks of liquid into the inn with fascination. This place never got dull. She wanted to learn to sketch she thought. She walked over to Annalaliath and asked shyly, "do you think you could teach me to draw like you do?"
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!