Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2007, 01:50 AM   #481
Dunwen
Wight

Dunwen has just left Hobbiton.
Yay, it's late enough that my character can arrive. She's been riding from Tuckborugh for quite awhile now
Old 06-10-2007, 01:55 PM   #482
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
*sigh* Yes, Dunwen, time moves extraudinarily slowly at an inn. I'm glad you moved it forward, Tevildo, to evening.

I'm leaving very soon (within a few minutes) for another week of working at camp. I'm sorry I didn't post while home. Carry on, though. You have all been doing a very good job of carrying everything and keeping it moving...at least some. Continue on without me. Carry Lil and Dick as you need. I'll be looking forward to more posts to read next Friday.

Have fun! And don't burn down the inn.

-- Folwren
Old 06-10-2007, 02:07 PM   #483
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm leaving with Foley. Sorry MaskedNicci for never posting. You can make Elorn answer if you want to
Old 06-13-2007, 01:28 AM   #484
Dunwen
Wight

Oh no, Folwren , I didn't mean to come off like I was criticising or complaining! I'm so sorry -- I'm just glad I could introduce my character.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:43 AM   #485
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Don't worry about it, Dunwen. You really didn't come off in any bad way. I just sighed because I know that time in the inn does move very slowly.

Mormegil, maybe you should post next on the game thread. I have nothing to post today. I'm stuck on writer's block and find that I can't write a post where nothing specific is happening. Sorry. If I happen to come back next weekend and find the kiddeos confronted with the dwarf, I'll bet you anything, writer's block or not, I'll be able to get a post out.

-- Folwren
Old 06-19-2007, 11:52 PM   #486
Dunwen
Wight

Quote:
Don't worry about it, Dunwen. You really didn't come off in any bad way. I just sighed because I know that time in the inn does move very slowly.
Actually, the way RL has been going for the last week, I find it a blessing that things do move slowly at the Inn, lol. In any case, I'm glad I didn't hurt your feelings!
Old 06-20-2007, 02:39 PM   #487
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I've sent a post for review to Tevildo. I'm wanting to verify that he's okay with what I've written for Tollers. It's a short post but a good segway into what will happen next.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:52 PM   #488
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm afraid that I probably wont be able to post for at least a month or two. I have a busy summer, and not being an exceptional writer, I can barely keep up one RPG, much less this and another.

I'm so sorry MaskedNicci.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:43 AM   #489
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hi! I've finally posted something. Mormegil, Tevildo, or even Child could make the next move, probably. Have fun with it. Let me know if I used any characters inappropriately. I can edit as anyone wishes.

-- Folwren
Old 07-21-2007, 11:27 PM   #490
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Post up... (finally).

Child or Morm or Folwren? Want to follow up?
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:36 PM   #491
sallkid
Animated Skeleton

sallkid has just left Hobbiton.
NAME: Hop Deepdelver

RACE: Hobbit

WEAPONS: Sling, Knife (of the type used to prepare game birds and fish), Walking Stick

APPEARANCE: Dark, unwashed hair, generally grubby appearance, wears a battered waistcoat under a hobbit travelling cloak.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: A dour Hobbit, disliked by his relations and aquaintances, is sullen when not being a braggart, prone to hyperbole. A skilled poacher and woodsman, though (like all hobbits) terrified of water, generally cowardly, he has an unusual animosity to his own kind and prefers the company of big folk and dwarves (who find him distasteful but tolerate him)

HISTORY: Son of Gorbulas Deepdelver, he was often missing from hobbit gatherings from a young age, instead spending his time as a youngster crawling through briar thickets and climbing trees (a habit of which his parents sincerely disaproved)
He quickly picked up a skill for woodsmanship and spent his adolescence in the woods, climbing trees and hiding in wait for hobbits to pass below, whom he would pelt with acorns or other seeds, as he reached his mature years Hop took to poaching for his livelyhood, rather than a respectable hobbit job. He was very recently forced out of his home villiage after being caught in possession of a brace of game birds belonging to a local hobbit landowner.

-------------------------------------

POSTED TO PLAYER/CHARACTER LIST - HERE

~*~ Pio

Last edited by sallkid; 08-08-2007 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:27 PM   #492
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
NAME: Lily Tunneldweller

RACE: Hobbit

WEAPONS: A Small walking stick, A basket always filled with mushrooms, and a lead for her little white pony, Daisy.

APPEARANCE: Not the richest hobbit, and not the poorest either, so her clothes differed from time to time sometimes she wears wonderful lovely colorful dresses that make her beautiful golden/brown hair standout and sometimes she wears more simple but festive dresses. She has wonderful brown eyes that are very thoughtful, and is about 3'5'. She always wears a green cloak to keep the rain and sun out. Her father is a farmer thus the food she is always carrying around, she always comes to the Inn in her cart which is not very big, only enough to fit two hobbits.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES:A very loving individual, loves animals, food and ale. She has lived cooking with her mother all her life so she can make a fine stew. She is also very good at climbing the trees in her fathers land. She also can sew rather well. She is no fighter and the only thing she can do in fighting methods are throwing stones (which she is rather good at.)

HISTORY: Her father, 'Tom' Tunneldweller is a farmer and is not to bad off, as farmers go, her mother, Estella is a Brandybuck (which making her rather well-to-do) thus Lily lived in Buckland for some time with her mother and siblings untill moving close to the town of Bywater with her father. Lily has five brothers and sisters (which going in order would be Rose, May, Rowan, Lily, Carl, and Ruby) and her being the middle child. Their family has many ponies and farm hands. Lily is a regular at The Golden Perch and often stays for more than two nights because she delivers produce (mostly mushrooms) to her cousins that live in Buckland. She likes to go to parties and have fun with her cousins and her friends. She is always driving up to the Golden Perch in her little two hobbit cart (often with her younger sister Ruby which is 10) being pulled by her little white pony.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Ruby Tunneldweller

Race:Hobbit

Weapons: A small looking glass, a doll, and a basket full of food, and her quick temper.

History and Character: Ruby is a quite chubby little hobbit, taking after her mother, rather temperamental and greedy, but she can also be quite charming. Ruby likes to make messes with her food so she needs watching, which Lily does quite well. Ruby loves horses so she will often be with them, she will often be in the main room eating. Ruby likes to tell stories of things that have happened so she will be talking. Ruby also always wears very fancy and colorful dresses and ribbons in her hair, she is very flamboyant, she also has a doll that looks just like her that she is always looking at and talking to it Ruby named her doll Esmeralda. Ruby has lovely golden/brown hair just like her sister and has hazel eyes, Ruby is 3 feet tall since she has not yet full grown. She will always bring a mirror to look at herself in, and loves music... Be careful Ruby is very mischievous, she likes to get into the ale and pipeweed although she is too young! And is always taking food. She likes going to parties especially ones for her.

---------

POSTED TO PLAYER/CHARACTER LIST - HERE

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 08-07-2007 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:00 AM   #493
Dunwen
Wight

Hi there! Just checking in after awhile...

I think Peri needs to find someone to stable her pony -- I'll get a post up ASAP.

--Dunwen
Old 08-07-2007, 06:26 AM   #494
Elfchick7
Wight

Elfchick7 has just left Hobbiton.
Has anyone heard from Newsman in a while? Our characters are sort of stuck in mid conversation.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:34 PM   #495
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfchick7
Has anyone heard from Newsman in a while? Our characters are sort of stuck in mid conversation.
Newsman hasn't been on in nearly a month. You can PM him. If he doesn't get back to you, then go ahead and finish the conversation in whatever manner you'd like & move your character on.

~*~ Pio
Old 08-07-2007, 03:06 PM   #496
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

TheGreatElvenWarrior

Please check your PM's.

~*~ Pio
Old 08-08-2007, 01:24 PM   #497
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel View Post
TheGreatElvenWarrior

Please check your PM's.

~*~ Pio
Thanks, Piosenniel, I guess I needed to read the Red Book more thoroughly but I've done it now, sorry for the trouble.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:43 PM   #498
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

sallkid

Please check your PM's.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 08-11-2007, 02:00 AM   #499
Dunwen
Wight

TheGreatElvenWarrior,

My last post in the Golden Perch thread might have a possible solution to getting your pony unhitched and stabled. I'm not trying to interfere with your story or anything, but I noticed our characters both have ponies that need to be stabled.

--Dunwen
Old 08-11-2007, 08:25 AM   #500
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Dunwen and Great Elven Warrior,

I apologize for no one getting your ponies. My stableman seems to have disappeared. I'll PM Arry sometime shortly and see if he's still around.

Welcome, all you new comers.

I am back, now, everybody, for good, I think. That is to say, I am not leaving for weeks at a time in the near future. I'll catch up on the game sometime this week. I am, unfortunately, sick right now and so can't do much today, unless things improve.

-- Folwren
Old 08-12-2007, 02:50 AM   #501
Dunwen
Wight

Folwren, no hurry! I hope you feel better soon. Meanwhile, Peri will probably sit & have a cup of tea
Old 08-13-2007, 11:06 AM   #502
sallkid
Animated Skeleton

I hope none minds me sticking Hop into the ongoing storyline (with the wolves) i didn't know wether to plunge right in or ignore it, in the end i decided it'd be unlikely he'd not hear.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:08 AM   #503
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Plunge right in and don't be shy. Have lots of fun while you're at it!

-- Folwren
Old 08-13-2007, 02:17 PM   #504
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunwen View Post
TheGreatElvenWarrior,

My last post in the Golden Perch thread might have a possible solution to getting your pony unhitched and stabled. I'm not trying to interfere with your story or anything, but I noticed our characters both have ponies that need to be stabled.

--Dunwen
Thanks!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:32 AM   #505
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Dunwen, Dick has addressed Peri.

TheGreatElvenWarrior, in my post I made up the conversation between Dick, Lilly, and Ruby that you described in passing in one of your older posts. I hope it is appropriate. If you want anything changed, just let me know.

Forest Elf and Sallkid, I have not gotten around to dealing with the dwarves. I don't know quite what to do. Give me time and either I'll figure something out with one of my characters, or someone else will step in. Sorry.

Am I completely caught up? No...not quite...Morm and Tevildo, I'll try to post with the kiddeos sometime. If I'm not mistaken, though, Morm could post before me.

-- Folwren
Old 08-23-2007, 05:40 PM   #506
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Folwren, This was my last posthttp://www.forum.barrowdowns.com/sho...&postcount=527 and I was thinking that the kids should come next. Please update me if you feel different and I would be happy to do so.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:05 PM   #507
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Oh! Oh, I'm so sorry, Morm! You're absolutely right. It is my turn to write. I apologize. I will write something tonight, hopefully.

-- Folwren
Old 08-24-2007, 05:44 AM   #508
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

Location: You say your hurting is over.. It feels like you're out of reach...
Forest Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Ok, I can wait.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:16 AM   #509
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

1420!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post

TheGreatElvenWarrior, in my post I made up the conversation between Dick, Lilly, and Ruby that you described in passing in one of your older posts. I hope it is appropriate. If you want anything changed, just let me know.
-- Folwren
It's just fine...
If you feel the need to talk to my characters if my characters talk to yours then it's perfectly fine, actually I was worried that I could do what I did. But I thought it was fine.
Thanks
~Tabby
Old 08-25-2007, 12:03 PM   #510
sallkid
Animated Skeleton

terribly sorry for my week-lonmg absence, i was unfortunately called away. I will play for a while but will not be able to use a computer after tuesday.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:25 PM   #511
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

New Post

Ok, my newest post anyone can pickup on since Ruby hears someone coming down the hallway...
Let me know how it turns out.
~Tabby
Old 09-18-2007, 06:50 PM   #512
Dunwen
Wight

Hey, Tabby -- I think there may be a little confusion about rooms? Your last post put your character in Peri's room, but she hasn't gotten one yet. (I'm so confused. But really, this is nothing new...I'm easily confused. )

--Dunwen
Old 09-19-2007, 08:21 PM   #513
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Oops sorry, should I change that?
Old 09-25-2007, 07:49 AM   #514
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Perhaps you should wait until later - when she actually takes her character into the room. Perhaps Ruby (that is the young girls name, right?) could try this sneakiness when Peri is actually in there sleeping...or something...I don't know. Another option would be for Dunwen to move Peri into her room, have her settle down there, and then come back out to the common room, so Ruby has a chance to do something? You two could figure it out here or by PM if you wanted to, or you could just play it by ear and see what happens.

-- Folwren
Old 09-27-2007, 03:31 PM   #515
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
This is all very complicated. What do I do to join? Am I only supposed to post in the Golden Perch thread? May I create an elf? Just general questions like that.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:57 PM   #516
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Dear Gwathgor,

Thanks for writing and posting your questions. A lot of your questions can be answered by reading the thread SHIRE RULES: The Red Book of Westmarch. Your other questions will be answered by reading the first few posts of this thread. I would advise reading both things, but for now, I'll answer your questions as best I can.

For now, you can only post in the Golden Perch Inn thread and this Discussion thread. After you post here a couple times, I believe you may join an RPG, as soon as a new one starts.

You may introduce an elf.

Each player in the Golden Perch needs to submit a brief Character Description form. It can be submitted at the same time as you make your first post to the Inn Thread.

Posts for characters who do not have a Character Description put on the Golden Perch Discussion Thread will be sent back to their writers. You may of course repost once your character’s description is on board.

Please use the following form.

~*~

NAME:

RACE: (Only those character types listed by the Innkeeper will be acceptable: Hobbits, Men, Elves, or Dwarves. NO Orcs; Easterlings, Southrons, and any other men of an evil race; NO Animals - as main characters; or Any other creature or persons not mentioned in 'Types of characters allowed' No half-Elven characters. No mixed-type characters. No super-heroes. No assassins. No one all powerful, martial arts proficient, or having any magical traits. Just regular characters with normal abilities for their races only)

WEAPONS: (No magical, super-hero, mithril weapons. Just good solid Middle-earth weapons and armor only that is appropriate to the race of the character and the time period. Hobbits, for example, do not have swords or armor)

APPEARANCE:

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: (No half-Elven characters. No mixed-type characters. No super-heroes. No assassins. No one all powerful, martial arts proficient, or having any magical traits. Just regular characters with normal abilities for their races only)

HISTORY: (Can be as brief as you wish)

Hope that helps! If you have any further questions, you can ask them here or PM me or piosenniel.

-- Folwren
Old 09-27-2007, 10:21 PM   #517
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
NAME: Gwathagor (this is what he is called, but it is not his given name)

AGE: Born in Doriath in 502, near the end of First Age. This makes him 6485 years old.

RACE: Sindarin elf

WEAPONS: Elven longsword, great bow (which he keeps unstrung), has been known to wield an ax.

APPEARANCE: Tall, large frame, grim, very dark brown hair, blue eyes

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Stoic, with bitter tendencies. Very high ideals. Does not befriend others often or easily, but is exceptionally loyal to those he has. Wanderer. Fights ferociously, and kills swiftly and without remorse. His sadness and sobriety has over many years produced some wisdom. Well-developed and intelligent sense of humor. Refined and intellectual tastes, despite his worn and sometimes tattered appearance. Often possessed by a great fury while in battle, before which nothing can stand. Otherwise generally remains calm and in possession of his common sense and prudence. Slow to act and very deliberate until he makes a decision, at which point he pursues his chosen direction doggedly and ruthlessly. Solitary. Intuitive. Strong us-them ethics, but broad-minded and thorough appreciation for both sides of any matter. Straightforward and firm belief in right and wrong, but deep understanding of how difficult it can be to determine what is right in any given situation. Is at heart a swashbuckling, dramatic, and gallant knight errant, but intentionally hides it beneath a grim exterior. Taciturn. Low self-confidence. Walking bundle of contradictions.

HISTORY: Has wandered for many years. Native of Menegroth. Rumored to once have had the love of a very fair elf maiden. It is unknown what became of her, whether she died, or sailed west, or for what reason they became estranged. He lived briefly at the Mouths of the Sirion after the Sack of Menegroth, and resisted the Sons of Feanor when they attacked the settlement there. Otherwise, he participated very little in the events of the First Age, apart from the War of the Wrath of the Valar. In the ensuing years, he wandered much, often traveling very far into the North, becoming hardened to the cold. As a rule, he avoided (and still does, in fact) journeying South, as he dislikes warmer temperatures. Of all places in Middle-earth, he favors northern Eriador. The rest of his history is fairly typical of a roving warrior of the second and third ages: he goes places and kills things.

Last edited by Gwathagor; 09-27-2007 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 09-28-2007, 07:33 AM   #518
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

It looks good, Gwathagor. It is evening at the inn now. You may post your elf's entrance whenever.

I'm hoping that before too terribly long I will move to the next Day, so if you want, you could wait for your elf to enter in the morning... But if you decide to bring him in this evening, I will have no problem with prolonging the night.

-- Folwren
Old 09-30-2007, 07:17 PM   #519
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

Location: You say your hurting is over.. It feels like you're out of reach...
Forest Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry that I haven't posted in awhile, things have been pretty crazy over here and I haven't had the time.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:31 PM   #520
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Perhaps you should wait until later - when she actually takes her character into the room. Perhaps Ruby (that is the young girls name, right?) could try this sneakiness when Peri is actually in there sleeping...or something...I don't know. Another option would be for Dunwen to move Peri into her room, have her settle down there, and then come back out to the common room, so Ruby has a chance to do something? You two could figure it out here or by PM if you wanted to, or you could just play it by ear and see what happens.

-- Folwren
Thanks