The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #121
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Sally's game is finished, with a wicked victory for the evil side.
Oh, indeed? Well tell everyone to flock on over here, then.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #122
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
So when I first saw this thread I thought it was going to be British werewolves infiltrating the Continental Army encampment in the winter of 1777-1778, which isn't of a great deal of interest to me.

But, being bored today, I decided to read it for the chuckle value of seeing how the above scenario fitted into Tolkien and lo and behold it is about dwarves...which makes it awesome!
Actually, I think the first scenario would be awesome, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
As a matter of fact, as it was not lifting off the ground at a very fast rate, Sally suggested that she go ahead and run her game, and that is what has happened. I have not checked up on her game, so I don't know how close it is to being finished yet, but I'll let you know. Maybe you will be able to play.
Sally's game is finished, Foley.

I must warn you, though, that there was a high drop-out rate– a lot of people still seem to be very busy right now.

EDIT:X'd with Zil and Folwren.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:45 PM   #123
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I have not checked up on her game, so I don't know how close it is to being finished yet, but I'll let you know.
It's finished, as far as I know. Kuruharan chose a very good time to poke this thread.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #124
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Not such a good time if I wanted to play as the next three weeks are pretty much no go for me. Maybe after that, I'm not sure.

Not that it is saying much, it is *extremely* difficult for me to commit to any sort of time intensive activity at all and I don't see that changing any time...ever.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:10 PM   #125
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Why Foley, you never told me you're planning on modding a game - and the skipped one at that! I would love to play in your game, but I think I've had my fix (with my brain intermittently creaking in protest). Besides, I might be a bit busy for the next few weeks until school starts again.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:19 AM   #126
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
I would love to play in your game, but I think I've had my fix (with my brain intermittently creaking in protest). Besides, I might be a bit busy for the next few weeks until school starts again.
Same, except for me it's the opposite -my school and exas end in a few weeks.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #127
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hm....well... I am thinking I'll scratch the current list of players and see who can sign up. The best thing for me would be if we could start this game next weekend (five days or so), but I am aware that that gives VERY little time of gathering people. If we don't start this weekend, I cannot begin until two weeks after this weekend, which would then be approximately 20 days from now.

What is the general thought on that?

-- Folwren
Old 05-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #128
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I'm sad to say I'm sharing the situation with Kuru, Lhuna and Galadriel... and being even worse as I can't play in about a month. Next two weeks will be just ridiculously busy and them I'm heading to Prague with Greenie to meet Lommy & Legate there (we'll have a road-trip through the Baltic states & Poland and will come back through Germany, Denmark & Sweden).

I would have loved to play in your game.

PS. Foley, I'm going to find time to write to SMH every now and then during the next weeks though (going to check your PM later today).
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:40 PM   #129
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I know of no reason I couldn't play, either sooner or later.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:41 PM   #130
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
I should have plenty of free time for the foreseeable future, so sign me up . . . again.

Edit: Ninja'd by a giant shield. Wha?
Old 05-17-2011, 01:52 PM   #131
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I can still play with a quick start but I won't be around much actually on Saturday (of to a talk on gin in literature with accompanying cocktails!!! ) but I am planning on making in a day trip to Brighton rather than a weekend one

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:26 PM   #132
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

I unfortunately won't be able to play if it starts this soon but I will definitely be lending my support to the game in spirit.

I do have the suggestion that you change the name of "The Night Watchman" to "The Night Watchdwarf" as the humanocentric designation is inappropriate for this setting.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:54 PM   #133
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Right. That's a good suggestion. Once I get about to editing that first post, I'll do that.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:18 PM   #134
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
PS. Foley, I'm going to find time to write to SMH every now and then during the next weeks though (going to check your PM later today).
At the risk of earning the wrath of a chat skwerl, I have to say that I like this very much. (And of course the road-tripping thing.)
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:25 PM   #135
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'll have time...pretty much for the forseeable future, so sign me up.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #136
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Thumbs up

Rikae finished her thesis, and Rikae, M.A. is looking for a <strike>job</strike> werewolf game. Sign me up? I have excellent werewolfademic credentials (see the grimoire thread for my CV)...

(Note to BW: we need a strikethrough tag around here!)
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:18 PM   #137
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Rikae finished her thesis, and Rikae, M.A. is looking for a <strike>job</strike> werewolf game. Sign me up? I have excellent werewolfademic credentials (see the grimoire thread for my CV)...

(Note to BW: we need a strikethrough tag around here!)
I second everything about this post, but especially the bit about the strike tag.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:04 AM   #138
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'll sign the strikethrough tag petition.

Oh, is this a WW sign up thread? Well, while I'm here...
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:31 AM   #139
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Okay, so I have just now gone and updated the new member's list. So far, I have:

Inzil
Bom
Mith
Lottie
Rikae
Sally
Shasta

We're half way filled. I am not certain when we're going to be able to start. I may have time today to PM other possible players.

-- Foley
Old 05-21-2011, 08:19 PM   #140
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Hey, Foley, I never actually dropped out, you know. So you can add me to the list.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:21 PM   #141
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Awesome, Nerwen. I'm glad you're still in. I went ahead and took everyone off before starting over, in case people had forgotten or something.

-- Folwren
Old 05-22-2011, 12:16 PM   #142
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thumbs up

Please (re)count me in - it's been too long without werewolf.

ps. a post on the T-i-G thread to wake people up might not be a bad idea...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #143
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
*bumpsies*

Nobody else? I hope this doesn't stall again . . .
Old 05-28-2011, 01:08 PM   #144
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I hope it doesn't, too.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:05 PM   #145
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Palantir-Green

Folwren, I think it would be time for some pm (or even fb) spam. Also, if the game is still going on the 18th I might have to drop out...
Old 05-31-2011, 06:32 PM   #146
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
There's what, 9 signups? How many do we need?
Old 05-31-2011, 08:47 PM   #147
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I have my last exam on the 16th, so I would be able to start after that... Or maybe even a few days before, but with limited participation. So I guess you could sign me up under a question mark.

I think that the same thing is going on now as before - constantly someone has something in the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
There is the Sweetheart, the Watchdwarf, the KD, and IIRC 3 Valley Forge members. That makes it 6 people with special roles, and there still have to be some ordos...
Old 06-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #148
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
13?
Old 06-01-2011, 01:07 PM   #149
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
13?
Believe me when I say that you should have more. Just....believe me.

Obviously we could operate with more, but if anyone drops out....did anyone even read the last game?

I'll try to drum up some interest.

*crawls back in her hole*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #150
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
13?
Interesting... We could have 13 Dwarves and one Bilbo. And possibly a wizard.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:22 PM   #151
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I think we had talked about having a minimum of 15 players.

Lommy, I hope the game will be mostly done, if not completely, by the 18, but there definitely is no certainty of that.

-- Foley
Old 06-03-2011, 02:36 PM   #152
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I'm back from hospital and will not be making the road trip with Greenie as I'm not well enough for that... but I should be well enough for a round of WW!

So count me in Foley.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:00 PM   #153
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I'm back from hospital and will not be making the road trip with Greenie as I'm not well enough for that... but I should be well enough for a round of WW!

So count me in Foley.
Always look at the bright side of life, eh? Seriously though it's going to be awesome to play ww after such a long pause!
Old 06-03-2011, 05:31 PM   #154
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'm so glad to hear you're back, Nogrod!! Welcome back to the BD and to my game.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:53 AM   #155
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm going to be out of the state for the next four days, starting tomorrow. I'll be back Sunday afternoon-ish.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:11 AM   #156
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I'm still abroad and Greenie will be visiting me this month from the 18th to the 24th so if the game is going on at that time, I probably can't be in (unless possibly we both play but we'd be rather quiet for those few days)...
Old 06-14-2011, 09:10 AM   #157
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Is this still open to sign up?
Old 06-14-2011, 01:27 PM   #158
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Yes it is, Kitanna. Threats and arm-twisting to gain players are still ongoing.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #159
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Okay, I have really, really bad news. The fact that this game never got off the ground is probably a good thing, because it is turning out that I couldn't keep up with it. I'm going to have to step back from modding for at least a month and a half. Camp and school is overwhelming at this point and internet is spotty where I am, at best. I will be available at the beginning of August. If people are not too mad at me, will I maybe be able to open this thread again for players towards the end of July?

I am really, really sorry. I could've pulled it off a while back when I first hoped to mod, but not now. Sadness.

-- Folwren
Old 06-14-2011, 08:25 PM   #160
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I'm sorry, Foley. A bad set of circumstances seems to have stalked this game from the first.

I plan to be here for its revival later.