User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2002, 04:30 PM   #121
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

"Master Elrond had me go to Rohan for a visit," Nurumaiel replied, smiling at Fin. "I met Firramer -that's his name- there. He's very kind."

"Why did he run off?" Fin asked.

Nurumaiel laughed and looked over the room. "He said he saw an old friend. Now I'm wondering who he saw." She turned back to Fin. "From where do you come?" she asked.
Old 12-02-2002, 04:32 PM   #122
Celebmornie
Haunting Spirit

Celebmornie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Celebmornie Send a message via MSN to Celebmornie
Silmaril

Celeb smiles at Fin. She hides another yawn with her hand and takes another sip of ale before placing her head on the wall agan. She leans her head back a little to fast and it thuds aganst the wall. "Ouch!"

Celebmornie
Old 12-02-2002, 04:32 PM   #123
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

the real findorfin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to the real findorfin Send a message via AIM to the real findorfin
Sting

“From Mirkwood my lady,” was the reply.
Old 12-02-2002, 04:34 PM   #124
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via ICQ to the real findorfin Send a message via AIM to the real findorfin
Sting

“Are you OK, Celeb, no I see not. Come with me.”
Fin pulled Celeb up quickly, supporting her around the waste and took her over to the empty side of the common room, were there was a cushion pew. He lay her down and asked softly, “are you OK?”
Old 12-02-2002, 04:35 PM   #125
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

1420!

"Mirkwood must be beautiful. I come from Rivendell," Nurumaiel said.

There was a thump and Nurumaiel turned quickly back to Celeb and Fin, and realized that Celeb had hit her head against the wall.

"Are you all right?" Nurumaiel asked worriedly.
Old 12-02-2002, 04:36 PM   #126
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

“I have never been there myself but it is said to be grand!” Fin talked across the room so as not to offend the lady.
Old 12-02-2002, 04:39 PM   #127
Celebmornie
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

"Ouch! That hurt! Can I have some ice?" She looks up to see Fin standing over her. God I feel like such a clumsy idiot!She thinks bitterly to herself.

[ December 02, 2002: Message edited by: Celebmornie ]

Celebmornie
Old 12-02-2002, 04:41 PM   #128
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

“Anything, you just stay there out of harms way.” Fin rose and went quickly over to the bar where he got the dwarf innkeeper to fetch some ice. He returned and gave it to Celeb. “Is that better?”
Old 12-02-2002, 04:43 PM   #129
Celebmornie
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

Celeb sits up slightly and holds the icce to her head. "I just hope I dont like pass out or die in my sleep." She says with a slight laugh.

Celebmornie
Old 12-02-2002, 04:47 PM   #130
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

“Talking of sleep,” Fin began, “are you OK to stay up in the tavern. Did you say that you had accommodation here?”
Old 12-02-2002, 04:50 PM   #131
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

“She is OK,” Fin called back to the table, “my fault of course, I knocked her. Awful mistake.”
He turned back to her and smiled.
Old 12-02-2002, 04:52 PM   #132
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dűm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
Pipe

Autumn smiled over at the man. He seemed nice.

"If I may so inquire, sir, where are you from? And, how do you know Robin?" Autumn looked over at the man, wondering if she had asked too much.

[ December 02, 2002: Message edited by: Galadel Vinorel ]
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll
Old 12-02-2002, 04:56 PM   #133
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Is there no one here who will sing for us,” Fin said in a loud voice, “for I am sure there is plenty of song and cheer to be had?”
Old 12-02-2002, 04:59 PM   #134
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Fin turned back to celeb, only to find that she had dozed off in his arms.
“oh well, I guess I’m stuck here for the moment,” he thought happily, and let the beautiful elven maiden sleep on.
Old 12-02-2002, 05:02 PM   #135
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Ardo Longbottom entered the Inn wearing a hat bearing the feather signifying that he was a Shirriff of The Shire. After standing for a time and watching the goings on, he climbed upon a table and shouted "QUIET!"

A silence fell over the room. He tapped his wooly foot in annoyance for a moment, then spoke. "In the absence of Dwarin, our proprietor, I have been asked to monitor this Inn for a bit. Dwarin will, I trust, be back shortly. And while I am pleased that so many of you are getting along so famously, I must tell you a few things about this establishment..."

He lit a pipe, blew a smoke-ring and continued. "The Green Dragon is a place to meet other adventurers, that is true. But the adventuring takes place outside of these walls, please. In fact, two adventurers are seeking companions even now. Dwarin has concocted some plot concerning Erebor, and Ransom is seeking aid as well."

He blew another smoke ring. "However, while The Green Dragon is a fine place to tell a tale or introduce yourselves to one another, it is not the place to chat. Such a place may be foundhere!. Or you may avail yourselves of that magical device known as the Private Message (PM). Or of course you may really get to know one another by adventuring together. But here, everyone must have a chance to speak, so no running conversations please" The Shirriff looked meaningfully at Celebmornie, the real Findorfin and Nurumaiel.

"So enjoy yourselves, but keep in mind the purposes of this place!" Ardo sat to watch the room and its inhabitants.
Old 12-02-2002, 05:06 PM   #136
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

“I’m sorry my lord shirriff.” Fin claimed sorrow, “but will you drink with us for I seem to be in a predicament, for you see, I may not move on an adventure until this fair maiden has woken. When that happens I daresay that I will moveon.”

“Adrink???”
Old 12-02-2002, 05:10 PM   #137
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

"I don't drink on duty," replied Ardo. Then he assumed a position of listening. "Hark! Even now I believe I hear Dwarin coming!"
Old 12-02-2002, 05:10 PM   #138
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"No? Then perhaps someone else would drink with me, so that we may plan an adventure together?""Once again, Sorry My Lord."
Old 12-02-2002, 05:12 PM   #139
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

“Come now shirriff, one small glass of ale will surely not touch your stomach ? Sit and relax, there is no trouble here.”
Old 12-02-2002, 05:17 PM   #140
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

Ardo's smile faded. "Check your PMs, sir Findorfin," he said.
Old 12-02-2002, 05:18 PM   #141
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

“Alas, no company is forthcoming. I will sleep here until the fair maiden awakens then with her I shall depart. A good and wholesome night to you all.”
And with that, Fin, assumed a sleeping pose and closed his eyes.
Old 12-02-2002, 06:04 PM   #142
Dwarin Thunderhammer
Khazad-Doomed

Dwarin Thunderhammer has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Dwarin burst out of the kitchen with a frazzled look on his face.

"ATTENTION EVERYONE!" He shouted banging a mug on the bar.

"I think now would be a good time to remind everyone of the rules here at the Green Dragon."

Dwarin produced a book from under the counter.

"This is the Red Book of westmarch."

Dwarin opened the volume and motioned for the patrons to look.

"Please pay special attention to Rules 1-4. I myself am not totally innocent either. I have broken rule five. Everyone read this before you finish your meals."

[ December 02, 2002: Message edited by: Dwarin Thunderhammer ]
Old 12-02-2002, 10:49 PM   #143
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

1420!

Nurumaiel walked over to Ardo and bowed. "I deeply apologize," she said. "I will remember in the future."

With another bow, she turned to everyone in the room. "Does anyone have a tale they would like to tell?" she asked. "Or maybe a song?"
Old 12-03-2002, 02:51 AM   #144
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Gimli the Dwarf

To check your PM's - click on 'my profile' at the upper right hand corner of your screen. A list of your private messages will come up - click on the subject and you can view each one.
Old 12-03-2002, 05:35 AM   #145
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dűm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
Pipe

Robin watched the Elf, Nurumaiel get up and walk over to Ardo. When Nurumaiel asked for anyone to sing or tell a tale, Autumn slide further down in her chair. She had already sung a song; she did not feel like singing another one.

Looking over at Robin, Autumn grinned. Robin was down in her chair like Autumn. Autumn nugged her and asked, "Why don't you sing or tell a tale, Robin? You could tell one about our adventures trying to get food to the hobbits of the Shire. Or ask your friend to tell one," said Auutmn looking over at the man sitting across from them.
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll
Old 12-03-2002, 07:21 AM   #146
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
"Like you I to come from Mirkwood where I was the servant of Thrandhuil. I grew weary of this and went out for adventure. Witch brought me here today. My D?nedan friend tolled me I could find it here, but for now I didn't had mutch luck." Anuion sayed.

He went on camly:"It is good to see others from Mirkwood in these regions, but tell me in my 4500 years I have never heard of an elf named Findorfin. I'm quite curious when you went out for adventure"
________
Lamborghini urraco history

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:41 AM.
Old 12-03-2002, 10:52 AM   #147
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Fin stirred, on hearing Anuion's question and rose into a sitting posture.
"Well, my friend, you will not have known the name Findorfin in Mirkwood for that is not my only name. But ask not for my others for you will get aught but silence. Be content that here and now I am Fin and I am your friend."
And with this, the elf returned to his sleeping posture and closed his eyes once more.
Old 12-03-2002, 11:58 AM   #148
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

For many minutes the elf dozed, the crackling of the fire and the somewhat subdued noises of the other patrons disappearing into the background.
Suddenly a log fell and a sharp crackle awoke him. He starred around to see that most people were doing.Celebmornie was still asleep beside him on the pew, Nurumaiel was sat with Anuion by the table and the various other occupants were lounging around. Fin shook off his tiredness and gently let Celebmornie slip to the pew, where she continued to rest. He moved over to the table and asked Anuion and Nurumaiel, “do either of you know of any adventures? For I would be willing to journey on one, once the fair Celebmornie is through with me.”
The two elves, one a gaunt and sturdy warrior, the other a slim and beautiful lady, both took on poses of thought before answering. As they thought, Fin repeated the question more loudly, talking to the whole room. “Adventures?”
Old 12-03-2002, 12:19 PM   #149
Celebmornie
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

Celeb stirrs. "Whats going on?" She looks around and sits up. "Fin I am sooooo sorry!" She smiles. "I owe you for that!" She blushes. "I must be going! I have to travel back to Rivendell and Mirkwood then I shall be going home. Does anyone know whear I might find a horse for loan?"

Celebmornie
Old 12-03-2002, 12:26 PM   #150
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"But surely you are not going so soon, my dear," Fin said, his face taking on a pained expression. "And did you not say that you would consent to let me be your guardian? Now if you must leave then surely thou wilst let me come as well."
Old 12-03-2002, 12:28 PM   #151
Celebmornie
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

"If you want to join me please do! I think you would make very wonderful company!" She smiles.

Celebmornie
Old 12-03-2002, 12:31 PM   #152
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

“Why you are too kind, Celeb”, he said, feigning embarrassment. “But we must not dawdle (although I would long to) for Innkeeper welcomes not overlong conversations, which divert the flow of music and entertainment. But please, where would you like to go?”
Old 12-03-2002, 02:57 PM   #153
Dwarin Thunderhammer
Khazad-Doomed

Pipe

Dwarin stepped up to the table of Findorfin and Celbmornie and recited:

"2. Write in complete sentences and in paragraph form. Each post that you make should be at least two paragraphs in length with each paragraph made up of at least two sentences (there are times when a one-line post is appropriate but this should be rare). Separate the paragraphs with a space. This makes your posts easier to read and more enjoyable for everyone. When a character speaks, his or her words should go between quotation marks. "

"That's Rule Two from the red book of westmarch. Please take this conversation to PM. All further conversations in this style will be edited."

[ December 04, 2002: Message edited by: Dwarin Thunderhammer ]
Old 12-03-2002, 03:28 PM   #154
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"Sorry Master Innkeeper, but we had already taken your advice." Fin bows low and scurries into the corner, almost daunted by the fuming dwarvf's expression. Celebmornie follows and they huddle, whispering furtively. As Dwarin watches them, Fin turns and seeing him, nods another apology and mouths, "sorry". Dwarin ,"hrumphs" and moves away over to the bar.
Old 12-03-2002, 05:06 PM   #155
Celebmornie
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

Celeb smiles. "I am so sorry! I ment not the disturb you! Just to have some fun!" Gets quiet and sits in a corner where she is hidden by shadows.

Celebmornie
Old 12-03-2002, 06:58 PM   #156
Dwarin Thunderhammer
Khazad-Doomed

Pipe

Dwarin sighed. Everything had gone quiet the Hobbits who had quite taken over the place earlier were gone and everone was involved in their own conversations.

"Fingolfin how about giving us a tale or a tune. Since you seem very eager tell us something of your home or a legend that you have heard. I think everyone would love to hear."
Old 12-04-2002, 04:43 AM   #157
Garen LiLorian
Wight

Garen LiLorian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Garen LiLorian
Shield

The young man had sat, deep in thought, for a long time. But, upon hearing Dwarin's request, he stood up, still leaning heavily on his spear. "If Findolfin doesn't mind, he said, bowing deeply to the Elf, "I have a tale for you." After recieving the Elf's nod of affirmation, he limped to the center of the room. "Sirs and Madams," he began, "courteous gentlefolk of mortal and immortal heritage, I beg leave of you to tell a short tale. In sooth, mine is not the bard's gift, yet I may hope to enlighten some here among you. The story is that of younger times, of a line of Men both doughty and wise, in particular, of the founder of the house of Lorian, the Elf-friends, who lived in times past on the borders of the Golden Wood." The introduction finished, he stood lost in thought, like a statue, until some of the younger hobbits started fidgeting. He started chanting in a low voice:

"The leaves shone in the sun like gold,
Nimrodel running swift and cold,
Khazad-Dum was fair and young,
The race of Man had scarce begun,
When Gareth walked upon the face,
Of Middle-Earth, he learned the place,
For everything, be it beast or birds,
He spoke to them, and learned their words,

He crossed the mountains fair and tall,
And stood before golden Rauros Falls,
And sorrow came into his breast,
For wandering far he'd ne'er found rest,
And wondered long, that every beast,
Should have its home and secret place,
When home for him he had found none,
Nor wife to love or bear a son,

Then North he came, the Anduin he followed,
'Till darkened woods, they loomed and swallowed,
His spear so bright, his sword so keen,
Glinting in the sun were seen,
By eldest of the eldest race,
And stopped and sat for many days,
And talked of many things unknown,
Of sorrows and an empty home,

Then Fangorn spoke of many things,
Of Elf and Man and bird on wing,
Of Lorien fair and Elvish quest,
And wonder stirred in Gareth's breast,
And North again he traveled fast,
And came to Lorien, the winter past,
The spring had never dawned so fell,
As when he spied there Mariel,

Dancing in the grasses new,
The sun shone on the morning dew,
And Gareth came, entranced he stood,
At the entrance to the Golden Wood,
Unaware the maiden danced,
And sang and all the sorrow passed,
From Gareth's breast, and his heart did swell,
To see her there upon the dell,

The maiden heard his soft footstep,
As Gareth's heart within him leapt,
She turned and fled, and he came after,
His heart was beating ever faster,
Through wood and stream he followed fast,
At Nimrodel they stood at last,
No bridge was there for her to cross,
And Mariel stood, and felt her loss,

And Gareth came, and found here there,
He softly lifted her golden hair,
And spoke her soft, and lovely things,
And felt as if his soul had wings,
And Mariel felt within her heart,
A trembling, like an ensnared hart,
And so Garath caught the lovely maid,
And on the edge of Lorien they stayed,

Garath built a hall of wood,
To please his bride, who ever stood,
Among the trees, and wept alas,
That it should ever come to pass,
That mortal and immortal folk,
Thus being caught, could never hope,
For anything but sorrow to come,
She bore for him a noble son,

But always in her heart she lived,
Among the trees and with her kin,
And ever did she sigh and mourn,
The fairest daughter of Celeborn,
And when the spring did come again,
She left him, and returned to Lorien,
And he was left to curse the fate,
That ere him had led to Lorien's Gate.

The young man stopped. He seemed to come back from somewhere far away, and his eyes came slowly back into focus. He smiled, apologetically, "That is a part of the lay of Garath, founder of the House of Lorien, and my forefather. The whole would be many nights' telling, and describes his search for the Elf-maid Mariel. He searched for her far and wide, for she had left Lorien, and returned to her mother's people in Mirkwood, or perhaps it was the Havens and the West that she sought, none can now tell. But wherever rumor sighted her, Garath followed, until at last his steps led East, and into the Shadow, from which he never returned." Then, having spoken his piece, the young stranger retired to the corner, where he watched, with strange bright eyes.
This is my quest, to follow that star; no matter how hopeless, no matter how far. To fight for the right, without question or pause. To be willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause! -Man of La Mancha
Old 12-04-2002, 05:25 AM   #158
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Fin rose and clapped the tale. “Well spoken friend!” he moved to the center of the room “Here you are, Dwarin, a tale for you.” Fin coughed and then began…..

“There once was an elven king, who had many sons and a beautiful wife. But one night his wife became ill, and over the following months grew weary and was confined to her bed. The king was sad, but on the night of his son’s wedding, one of the younger female guests, a fair and dazzling elf maiden, wowed the king and from that night she became pregnant. Now the King was dark, for a bastard son was a worry to him, but the maiden reassured him, saying that she would leave his palace at once and return to the outlying town. And once the child was born she would leave and never return, so as no one would ever know. She did this for she loved the King deeply and would not see his reputation sullied.
So she waited and at the due time, a child was born and it was a son. The King was relieved for now she honoured her promise to leave but he was loath to let her depart alone. So, for this reason he sent his great friend with her. They travelled for some days when a group of orcs came upon them. The mother protected her baby as orcs made to take it away but as she pulled away, a barbed orc knife cut her in the side. Poison flooded into her system and she fell to the ground, mortally wounded. The King’s friend, who was a great warrior, beat the orcs back and stooping down, picked up the baby from her dying hands and set off at once for the King’s palace.
When he arrived he was bloodstained and tired, for the orcs had given chase, but he fell before the king and pleaded for him to care for the child. The King consented, although he did not admit that the child was his. He let him stay as a squire in his court and he was given good treatment. However, when the child grew to full stature, he decided to leave, so as not to burden the King any more, for he loved his father.
The King was sad, for he had come to love his son too, but consented to his departure. The son, left his kingdom and wandered the far lands in sorrow, and that is the end of this sad tale.”

A few of the occupants coughed and a general silence reigned as Fin finished, and sat down.

“Why…um…thank you Fin,” Dwarin said, breaking the silence. “I wish I hadn’t asked,” he muttered darkly, returning to his place behind the bar. His customer’s were in a sorrowful mood now.
Old 12-04-2002, 09:50 AM   #159
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"Nuramaiel, would you sing for us?"
Fin asked the beautiful elf lady.
Old 12-04-2002, 09:59 AM   #160
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Sting

Nurumaiel felt herself blushing, but agreed, saying not expect too much from her.

"The Elves don't think of me as an Elf at home," she said. "So don't think I'll come up with wonders. But perhaps you would hear of Galadriel? I'll try, but I don't remember too well..."

Eyes that are wise beyond wisdom
Lady of her golden kingdom
Lady of the Golden Wood
Her head covered with a hood
Her hair flowed down gold
An Elf maid that is not young nor old
Galadriel!
Never have I seen a gold more fair
Than that which shines in your hair
Galadriel! Galadriel!
Never have I seen a gold so bright
That in your forest is alight.

Nurumaiel finished her song, gave a little bow, and sat down, waiting for what the others would say.