The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2008, 11:56 AM   #161
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Mith, it's a classic.

Lindale, it's just one of those shows I can't stop watching, but I can't figure out why it's just so blasted entertaining.

Quote:
I spent like an hour last night talking to my father about Caesar Romero's Joker laugh. =Awesome.~Fea
And Burgess Meredith as the Penguin = priceless.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:14 PM   #162
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Listen, 1960s Batman rules.

Without it I'd have lost one of my methods for feeding the baby. Because I sit there with the spoon going "Dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner! Dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner!" to the Batman theme tune and he opens his mouth to laugh and in goes the spoon.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:37 AM   #163
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
[B]Lindale, it's just one of those shows I can't stop watching, but I can't figure out why it's just so blasted entertaining.

I would have thought the attractions were obvious... they seemed so from what google revealed.

Lal, I remember in School Orchestra the second violin part for some piece was exactly the theme tune ..... of course we couldn' t resist when we rehearsed it as a section.. they couldn't throw us all out

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:14 AM   #164
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Did anyone else used to run round the school playground when they were a kid shouting "Dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner! Dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner! Batman!", with your anorak hung by the hood from your head, like it was Batman's cape?
Old 09-20-2008, 04:25 AM   #165
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
I assign being so absorbed in writing that it makes you neglect your schoolwork. Writing is lovely, and it's great to have inspiration for once, but I think it deserves to be assigned to Orthanc because nowadays it's pretty much everything I do on my free time (and even on times when I'm supposed to be studying and not writing nonsense)...
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:40 AM   #166
Lindale
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lindale has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Lindale, it's just one of those shows I can't stop watching, but I can't figure out why it's just so blasted entertaining.
Well, if I try to think as a male, I'd think she is gorgeous and that gorgeousness may make up for the lack of sense. But the very idea still makes me laugh. See, I live in a society where men are still pseudo-conservatives (read: hypocrites ).

Legal Madness.
Lindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:18 PM   #167
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
I assign being so absorbed in writing that it makes you neglect your schoolwork. Writing is lovely, and it's great to have inspiration for once, but I think it deserves to be assigned to Orthanc because nowadays it's pretty much everything I do on my free time (and even on times when I'm supposed to be studying and not writing nonsense)...
I second that. Except that my inspiration comes randomly and in large quantities.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:05 AM   #168
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I assign the paper I have to do in my class "Historical Method B" (or maybe it should be tranlsated "History Method B")

It is about the mutiny on HMAV Bounty and it is actually extremely interesting, but also extremely confusing. After reading the log of Captain Bligh, James Morrison and Alexander Smith you don't know what to belive. . . and Edward Christian of course also add to the confusion. So even after having written 11 pages, I still feel like I am missing something.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:09 PM   #169
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
I assign the paper I have to do in my class "Historical Method B" (or maybe it should be tranlsated "History Method B")

It is about the mutiny on HMAV Bounty and it is actually extremely interesting, but also extremely confusing. After reading the log of Captain Bligh, James Morrison and Alexander Smith you don't know what to belive. . . and Edward Christian of course also add to the confusion. So even after having written 11 pages, I still feel like I am missing something.
What an odd thing to write a paper on! Just avoid watching the Mel Gibson film if you don't want an unbiased account as like everything else with Mel Gibson in it, it's less than the 'truth' Though the ships are nice.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:19 PM   #170
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë View Post
What an odd thing to write a paper on! Just avoid watching the Mel Gibson film if you don't want an unbiased account as like everything else with Mel Gibson in it, it's less than the 'truth' Though the ships are nice.
Unlike many Hollywood producers Mel Gibson has a love for freedom, entertaining movies, and a mind that knows what to believe. Unfortunately, that stuff makes you a criminal in Hollywood.

I assign college professors to Orthanc. I have several that I love working with and they are really helpful, but then I have my chemistry professor who is absolutely worse than useless. Last class he gave us the wrong dates for test day, and I would have missed it if I hadn't glanced at my syllabus.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:25 AM   #171
Lindale
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
I assign college professors to Orthanc. I have several that I love working with and they are really helpful, but then I have my chemistry professor who is absolutely worse than useless. Last class he gave us the wrong dates for test day, and I would have missed it if I hadn't glanced at my syllabus.
Poor you.

I assign the pre-hell week. Today I had to walk a kilometer and take the non-aircon bus to reach my mother's office to ask for lunch-money plus more to get more of my readings. I didn't realize that my readings and the books I need literally drained my wallet until I was left with only fourteen pesos, and I left my darling credit card at home. Good thing my mom gave me more than enough money today (after some ad-misericordiam). So it's just to Orthanc

Legal Madness.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:33 AM   #172
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Having to go to a huge party where I don't know everybody, and where I'll probably still have the lingering end bits of a stubborn cold, and which is outside and will probably be somewhat chilly.

Only to Orthanc, not to Mordor?

As one of the hosts, if anybody irritates me I can send them packing.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:47 AM   #173
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
I would have thought the attractions were obvious... they seemed so from what google revealed.~Mith
But, it's a bad trade off, and like anything that can be debilitating to your health you have to wonder is the reward worth the risk? The world likes balance, take chemistry, a balanced equation = good, and as Lindale says I don't think Tila Tequila balances.

Alright, so she's good eye candy, but is it worth her obvious lack of sense, and my loss of brain cells by watching her? And I have to ask myself do I really need to turn on the tube and lose intelligence if I want to see an attractive woman? The answer is no, but I still do anyway.

Also, I've been thinking any kind of rip-off belongs in Orthanc. Saruman after all did try to mimic Sauron, but we all knew he wasn't the real deal. Anything that tries to mimic the real deal (Mordor), but in truth is just a fake rip-off, I assign to Orthanc. So, yes I would assign ambulance chasers and chiropractors to Orthanc.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:24 AM   #174
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Bookstore sales.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:09 AM   #175
Diane C
Pile O'Bones

Diane C has just left Hobbiton.
Cream cakes & chocolate - not so much a hate thing but a very naughty couple of things that I find very hard to resist because inwardly I love them so much, but morally I should really hate!
Old 09-26-2008, 09:13 AM   #176
Lindale
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

that our college has almost no straight guys, and if there are, they're either ugly or taken.

Legal Madness.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:27 AM   #177
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindale View Post
that our college has almost no straight guys, and if there are, they're either ugly or taken.
Sorry that I'm laughing at your problem, Lin, but that sounds exactly like our school , (except that we don't actually have that much any kind of guys at all because we are a school into which mostly come people who are interested in arts and good at school...) Not that it's too bad anyway - my experiences and the stories I've heard suggest that fewer boys = quieter and more motivated classes... and also, it seems that in general gay guys are less noisy and disturb lessons less, so maybe you should be happy with your situation?
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:37 AM   #178
Lindale
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oh I forgot. Don't let Nilp read that... he comes from my college too, although I think he's neither and, he's older and he belongs to the Department of European Languages, whereas I come from the Department of Comparative Lit. I don't know about the DEL, but in DECL and the Institute of Creative Writing I know only two straight men. Both... pangit. Most of my crushes in school are attractive-by-default.

Legal Madness.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:48 AM   #179
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
(except that we don't actually have that much any kind of guys at all because we are a school into which mostly come people who are interested in arts and good at school...)
Now now now. If this wasn't quite nassty chauvinism.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:10 AM   #180
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Now now now. If this wasn't quite nassty chauvinism.
Aiaiai, I swear you're watching me extra closely when it comes to gender stereotypes. But, anyway, it's a pure fact that girls do generally better in school (at least in this country) and most of the people who have drama, dance or writing as a hobby are girls, so it's really no wonder. And also, I guess many boys don't apply to our school because they think it's such a "girly" school full of girls... (or then some of the guys apply just because of that... )
Old 09-26-2008, 10:33 AM   #181
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Aiaiai, I swear you're watching me extra closely when it comes to gender stereotypes. But, anyway, it's a pure fact that girls do generally better in school (at least in this country) and most of the people who have drama, dance or writing as a hobby are girls, so it's really no wonder. And also, I guess many boys don't apply to our school because they think it's such a "girly" school full of girls... (or then some of the guys apply just because of that...)

Okay, okay, well... but the way you formulated it before was quite bad.

But let's leave this and let the thread get back to its topic
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:47 AM   #182
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
But let's leave this and let the thread get back to its topic
Hey, it was you who got side-tracked in the first place...

Ahem, anyway, since we're speaking of it, I would assign getting side-tracked. Mostly it's just fun and often even more interesting than the original topic, but some people (mostly teachers) are horribly bad at it and if the subject they're supposed to be talking about is more interesting than the one they start rambling about, it can be rather frustrating... (I assure you I find the history of ancient Egypt far more interesting than the German translations of the guides in my history teacher's Egypt-trip sometime back in the 80s, for example... )
Old 09-27-2008, 04:14 PM   #183
Lindale
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I assign the Epica Road to Paradiso photo sound book thing my dad got me as his pasalubong from the Netherlands. While I consider myself a very happy symphonic metal girl, all the text in the book are Dutch, and unfortunately I can't read it. Oh well, at least the album is in English! Yay!

Legal Madness.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:19 PM   #184
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
I assign beans. They taste SO GOOD, but feel so bad.

As lal's signature once said "Beans, beans, the musical fruit."
Old 10-06-2008, 11:14 AM   #185
Lindale
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I assign Yoshinoya. Very delicious beef gyudon! And at an affordable price, too--even cheaper than McDonalds, the amount of rice they serve! Only I have to ride a bus and two jeepneys to reach it from school or home. And I keep getting irritated by the fact that I can't figure out how to cook it, because I think some of the ingredients are things I can't find in my country.

Legal Madness.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:31 AM   #186
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

The fact that about 90% of the people in our school can't use a printer.

It's rather annoying that about everytime you try to print something, the printer says there's no paper and when you add it, there comes dozens of pages of stuff other people have tried to print (but onbviously haven't been able to put paper in, or worse, even figured out that the printer needs more paper ) before you get what you want, and mostly the people have printed the same stuff several times when they haven't got it. (What a waste of paper.) On the other hand, this "technical disability" really amuses me and never before has such a basic thing as using a printer made me feel incredibly smart.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:05 AM   #187
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Quote:
The fact that about 90% of the people in our school can't use a printer.
Hehehee... :$
Old 10-08-2008, 03:02 PM   #188
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
The fact that I finally have a writing teacher who doesn't automatically tell me I'm awesome. She's just like "Yeah, you screwed this up. Again. Seriously, Laura, just admit that you suck, will you? Just admit it and move on..."

Sigh.

I like being challenged, but I also like being lavished with praise. Is it too much to ask that she lavish me with praise while challenging me?
Old 10-08-2008, 03:04 PM   #189
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
I like being challenged, but I also like being lavished with praise. Is it too much to ask that she lavish me with praise while challenging me?
No of course not, it sounds quite reasonable to be honest, but it is seldom that teachers posses the ability to do so.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:00 PM   #190
Lindale
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
They don't do that at school, but maybe at home or in an amorous thing. The family does that all the time on my cooking. Specially if I forgot to add salt: "Consuelo wth is this? Beef stew without salt, are we that poor now?!" If I remember all ingredients properly I make the best Filipino beef stew ever, but if I forget it's my head on the guillotine, it's like they never want me in the kitchen again. But in that case, who would cook for them?

Also the fact that I am a closet romantic. I keep all my Nicholas Sparks under my bed, so my dad won't see and mock me for the rest of m y life.

Legal Madness.

Last edited by Lindale; 10-08-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:02 AM   #191
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

I assign Rorschach. He should not be so cool. He is an absolutist, an extremist, right wing and incredibly violent. But all the same, he is probably one of the coolest characters ever to grace a comic book.

He's definitely not for The Shire though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Unlike many Hollywood producers Mel Gibson has a love for freedom, entertaining movies, and a mind that knows what to believe. Unfortunately, that stuff makes you a criminal in Hollywood.
It does to me when you try and make William Wallace look like a saint
Old 10-12-2008, 09:02 AM   #192
Lindale
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I assign my parents.

Here's an interesting pun: In Filipino, we call them magulang, parents regardless of gender. But gulang alone is a noun,which means cheating when it comes to money. And the prefix ma- indicates that the word is an adjective, sorta when you add -eous to courage, courageous. So magulang, intoned as /MA-gulang/ cheaters when it comes to money and such, and magulang /ma-GULANG/, parents.

Legal Madness.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:41 PM   #193
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Werewolf

I have been so exited (and nervous) all day, only for it to end in a total anticlimax (the day that is).

Old 10-18-2008, 01:31 PM   #194
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Running.

People who are into it often say it becomes like a drug after a while. Frankly, those people never did any good drugs. Running is pretty much the opposite of drugs actually, at first horrible, then it only gets worse, then a little better, and usually it has a beneficiary long term effect on your physical and mental health which is little comfort however while you're in the middle of it.

Last edited by skip spence; 10-18-2008 at 01:51 PM.
skip spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:34 AM   #195
Lindale
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Anime Sanjushi. Am I annoyed at its twisted adaptation of the d'Artagnan romances or am I amused?

Legal Madness.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:36 AM   #196
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Carving rocks. It gives you a whole new appreciation for Dwarves, let me tell you.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:52 AM   #197
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Fea, Boro, Eomer and others. . .

I don't know if this is acually something that needs to be assigned anywhere, but since I did not know where to write it. . . .

I seem to be repping to little and not spreading it around enough.
For the last months when I have tried to rep people I am told to spread my reputation around (exept for a few times) and sometimes this comes as a suprise as I cannot remember repping that person.

I wish I could give you guys the rep you deserv, but first I will have to broaden my repping selection.

Old 11-01-2008, 01:28 PM   #198
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Being one rep away from a second green square.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:24 PM   #199
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë View Post

It does to me when you try and make William Wallace look like a saint

To be fair, the screenplay was written not by Mel Gibson, but by one of Wallace's own descendants, Randall Wallace.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:47 AM   #200
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man View Post
We have Mordor, where we may assign the things we hate. We have the Shire, a veritable repository of the things we love.

But what about the things that we hate to love? Or, more accurately, the things that we know we should hate, but which we secretly (or not so secretly) love?

Should they not be assigned to Orthanc? OK, I was inspired by the "rooting for the bad guys" thread. We know we should disapprove of Saruman. And yet it surely cannot be denied that he is a facinating character. Perhaps the most interesting "baddie" that Tolkien presents us with. Apart from Gollum, perhaps, but the "below Goblintown, the Misty Mountains" is rather too unspecific as a location.

And Saruman had his gulity pleasures too. The Halfling weed, for example.

So, I'll kick us off.

- Cigarettes (obviously)
- Big Brother (the reality show, not the Orwellian creation)
- Reality TV shows in general ...
- George W Bush (I know I should disapprove of him, but I can't help finding something endearing about him )
- Intolerance towards shtoopid people
- Intolerance towards people who dawdle (eg, the "zombie shuffle" in tube stations at rush hour)
- Checking the Barrow-Downs at work
- Playing Werewolf (and making lists pertaining thereto) at work.

OK, that's enough from me for now.

Let's hear those confessions ...
Prank phone calls, especially those to politicians of foreign countries. (See here for reference: The Canadian Masked Avengers strike again.

Leftover Hallowe'en candies, especially those little chocolate bars and tiny bags of potato chips. (no reference needed)

Gotcha jokes which politicians have taken out of context. (too many references available)

Britney Spears' life problems.