Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2009, 05:59 PM   #281
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Kor is also hanging around the kitchens if anyone wants to bother him.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:56 PM   #282
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Kor is also hanging around the kitchens if anyone wants to bother him.
Oh, good, we can include him in whatever will happen...

I couldn't fill my save last night because I spent the evening talking with a friend who was upset instead of writing the post. But now I should have an hour or so of spare time and nothing special to do, so let's keep our thumbs up, or fingers crossed, or whatever, that I get it done.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:03 PM   #283
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Palantir-Green

Save filled, at last. Foley, Kénan has been addressed by Ori.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:03 PM   #284
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Great post Lommy! Tell you what, I will go back and edit my last post for Nali so that he doesn't talk. It would get rather confusing with two questions hanging out there.

Legate, in my post I had Nisa hear a noise that is described as "scurrying." I hope that you don't mind but I thought that it was about time that Onli was rejoined by Vitr. If you want to make it into something else, however, that is perfectly fine with me.

P.S. Love all these saves that we're getting.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:59 PM   #285
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Great post Lommy! Tell you what, I will go back and edit my last post for Nali so that he doesn't talk. It would get rather confusing with two questions hanging out there.
If I am understanding things correctly...
Groin, I believe that Lommy's character was speaking in a private tone opposed to one directed to the whole council - so Oin's comment to Kenan should not confuse anyone....
Old 01-12-2009, 06:56 PM   #286
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
1420! <--Peace offering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
If I am understanding things correctly...
Groin, I believe that Lommy's character was speaking in a private tone opposed to one directed to the whole council - so Ori's comment to Kenan should not confuse anyone....
Oops... do you as in a leaning over and whispering kind of manner? Is that what you meant Lommy, or was it for the whole council to hear?

The reason I edited my latest Nali post was because we already had it where someone is asking Gror a question and it gets interrupted. I thought that if that kept up it would seem rather silly for members of a council to do.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:36 AM   #287
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Oops... do you as in a leaning over and whispering kind of manner? Is that what you meant Lommy, or was it for the whole council to hear?
I meant that he said it privately to Kénan (I wonder if I used the word "whisper" or whether I just intended to), however, if someone (other than Folwren) wants to reply/react to it, we can make it so that Ori intended to speak in a low voice but ended up actually speaking far louder. So, whatever you wish.

edit: I didn't mention the low voice like I had intended to, but now I edited.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:00 AM   #288
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Legate, in my post I had Nisa hear a noise that is described as "scurrying." I hope that you don't mind but I thought that it was about time that Onli was rejoined by Vitr. If you want to make it into something else, however, that is perfectly fine with me.
Absolutely perfect, Groin. Lovely post Just, by the way, it is Vriti, not Vitr. Vitr is the father

I will post for Onli ASAP.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-13-2009, 08:46 AM   #289
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
All these dwarven names get me mixed up...

Lommy and Groin - no worries. If Lommy didn't put in the part about the low voice, I just gathered that from the relative language of her post, but I understand where Groin was mistaken. Peace offering accepted.

I may post today sometime.

-- Folwren
Old 01-13-2009, 08:14 PM   #290
Ilya
Wight

Ilya has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Ok, my save's up...and only three after I said it would be. Hooray, lying!

Oh, and Lommy: I have a feeling Adela could "find" Vidgis some of that rum, if she asked.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:17 AM   #291
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Very nice, Ilya, I'll see when I'm going to have time to reply... if you Durelin have time and want to post for Kór, go on and do it, but if you don't, I can bring him in in my fnext post for Vigdis...
Old 01-14-2009, 03:31 PM   #292
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Post written.

I've also kind of brought Kór in - I hope that the assumption that he's been sitting quietly in some dark corner but starts to play some music is ok with both of you, Dury and Ilya? (Ilya said in her post that there was no one in the kitchen, but I assume the kitchens are pretty big, so Kór could have arrived unnoticed, before or after Adela.)

Dury and Ilya, whichever one of you may continue now in any way you want.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:37 PM   #293
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nice post, Lommy, I'm glad that the discussion's inside of Moria are continuing. I'm going to see if I can have Tror move along the council with his battle plan sometime soon. I'm going to do a little more research on the topography surrounding the Dwarrowdelf first.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:44 PM   #294
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I had placed Kor kinda just outside the kitchens (me having no idea what the kitchens are like, though) playing his harp in this post, but he could have wandered in at any point.

I'll try and get him involved and keep Korin involved...been a little busy lately catching up with friends before going back to school...
Old 01-15-2009, 09:19 AM   #295
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Gróin, I posted, and at the end, gave a lead in for Trór to give his talk about battle plans.

Lommy, I would assume that if Ori wanted to say something more, I could put it into my post.

-- Folwren
Old 01-15-2009, 01:22 PM   #296
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I have filled my save for Onli, now let's see what Nisa is going to do, Groin I hope I will soon post for Óin as well...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-15-2009, 08:37 PM   #297
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting Fear, fire, foes! Awake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I have filled my save for Onli, now let's see what Nisa is going to do, Groin I hope I will soon post for Óin as well...
Nice Legate, you made me laugh at the cute way you described Vriti.

I have got my post up for Trór's battle plans. Please let me know if I made sense or not in my description of the land and the plan, I was very tired when I wrote this but felt an ounce of inspiration for doing it. Don't hesitate to make your own observations about the ground or plan. I was almost making the entire thing up as I went along, there is not much information on the ground of the Dimrill Dale.

I'll see ya'll in the morning!
Old 01-16-2009, 07:15 AM   #298
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Nice Legate, you made me laugh at the cute way you described Vriti.
Thanks Seemingly, everybody thinks that it is cute

Quote:
I have got my post up for Trór's battle plans. Please let me know if I made sense or not in my description of the land and the plan, I was very tired when I wrote this but felt an ounce of inspiration for doing it. Don't hesitate to make your own observations about the ground or plan. I was almost making the entire thing up as I went along, there is not much information on the ground of the Dimrill Dale.
Well, I could have posted it sooner, but I actually have scanned one page from Karen Wynn Fonstad's Atlas of Middle-Earth, which I have; and it provides as true as possible map of Moria and its surroundings. I have it just in Czech, but I hope you won't mind that (you can figure out most of that anyway just from the map). In any case, here it is:

The maps are: UP: Moria, LEFT: the western end of Moria (the lake with the Watcher), MIDDLE RIGHT: a schematic view "through" the mountain (going from west to east), DOWN RIGHT: the eastern end of Moria (with the Bridge&c.).

On the upper map, you can see, among other things, the Dimrill Dale. Zrcadlové jezero = Mirrormere, Durinův kámen = Durin's stone, Rmutná brána = Dimrill Gate, Rmutné schody = Dimrill Stair, Rmutný dol = Dimrill Dale, Stříberka = Silverlode, pramen = stream (the place where Silverlode streams, cf. FotR after the Company leaves Moria and the Mirrormere).

On the map of the eastern end (low right), which could also be theoretically of some use to us, the distance is in feet; sál = hall and I am sure you can read the numbers. Durinův můstek = Durin's bridge, of course. Komnata záznamů = Chamber of Records (i.e. Mazarbul). 1. hlubinné = First Deep. Brána = gate. Trhlina = the rift (it's not there yet anyway). Ke strážnici = to the guardhouse (i.e. the place where Gandalf was picking which way to go of the three possible). I guess we don't need anything more for ourselves.

Hope it will be of help. (There's not that much information known about it anyway.)
Old 01-16-2009, 06:38 PM   #299
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

This is invaluable, Legate, thank you! Now that I don't have to make things up I will get to work in devising a real strategy. Consider my latest post under renovation, back to the drawing board!
Old 01-18-2009, 01:46 PM   #300
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

My save is filled. I have got a post up for Tror and Nisa, the battle plans are up as well.

Boro88, you're being asked another question.

I hope you don't mind what I've done with Onli and Nisa, Legate. If you wish, they can make an entry to the council, if that was your original intent, or they can simply eavesdrop on the council (just make sure they don't go eavsing too close).
Old 01-18-2009, 02:43 PM   #301
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
I hope you don't mind what I've done with Onli and Nisa, Legate. If you wish, they can make an entry to the council, if that was your original intent, or they can simply eavesdrop on the council (just make sure they don't go eavsing too close).
Hey, good, good, I like it. I will post something soon
Old 01-18-2009, 05:26 PM   #302
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I have a question for you, Legate. Where is Oin on the map? I assumed that he was somewhere north-east of Moria but now that we have a map (thanks again) I no longer have to guess.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:34 PM   #303
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
I have a question for you, Legate. Where is Oin on the map? I assumed that he was somewhere north-east of Moria but now that we have a map (thanks again) I no longer have to guess.
He is not on the map yet But he will come - he is in the valley of Silverlode, just further on. Some of the locations he is passing through are related to the description of the existing places in FotR, though.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:34 PM   #304
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I finally filled in my save. Sorry it took me so long, beginning of school shenanigans and whatnot.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:10 PM   #305
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I take it that we will have another eavesdropper on our hands soon, Kitanna?

Just a note to all y'all who might be confused by my last post. Tror has summoned the muster of the regular army, not all the men in Khazad-dum are in the army; the rest will have to be mustered separately after the council. I thought it would be more productive if we had part of the army ready by the time that the council is concluded. Please take note that the council is not over yet.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:30 AM   #306
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

What is this Durelin, sneaking out of the council are we? *tsk tsk* That will never do. Sorry if I have taken my own sweet time before I act on my plan, but don't worry, there was a reason why I brought you there.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:35 AM   #307
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Hehe. I think I'm having too much fun with Korin. And I am aware that the consequences for her could be (and probably will be) quite severe!

(Sorry it took me a while to post again, btw.)

Edit: Speaking of sneaking, you edited! :P Please, don't worry about it! Things have been very interesting, it's Korin who's impatient, not me. Well I can be quite impatient, but I'm not in this case.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #308
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thanks Durelin. I'll have Nali stop her before she gets too far, sometime later today. As soon as Boromir88 gets a response up for Gror I will post Tror's battle plan, then everyone is welcome to chime in.

EDIT: Scratch what I said about today. I'll fill in a post sometime tomorrow, definitely then.

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 01-20-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:41 AM   #309
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Tuesday's and Wednesday's are my very busiest days, I can never seem to settle down. At the very latest though, I can have Gror's response on Friday...will that be ok?
Old 01-22-2009, 02:56 PM   #310
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sounds good Boro88, I'll keep what you said in mind about Tuesdays and Wednsdays. I'll go fill in my save for Nali.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:31 PM   #311
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
The story is coming along nicely! I'm sorry I haven't been posting much. I'll try to be more involved. After all, we're going to start killing soon and those posts are always fun.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:08 PM   #312
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
The story is coming along nicely! I'm sorry I haven't been posting much. I'll try to be more involved. After all, we're going to start killing soon and those posts are always fun.
Exactly, this is going to be so much fun! I've already started drafting posts for my characters!
Old 01-25-2009, 05:53 PM   #313
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorry for my lack of participation over the last couple of days. I've been busy studying for two language exams and am trying to adjust to some college courses.

I should be able to get something up for Nisa on Wednesday and as soon as Durelin and Boromir get their posts in I'll have two more characters that I will write for as soon as possible.

The best is yet to come people! This story is coming along brilliantly!
Old 01-26-2009, 06:36 AM   #314
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Ilya, will you post soonish, or should I?
Old 01-26-2009, 03:54 PM   #315
Ilya
Wight

Shield

Aiee! Sorry, I completely forgot about the scene in the kitchen with all this back to school business. I'll post definitely either tonight or tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:05 PM   #316
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
Aiee! Sorry, I completely forgot about the scene in the kitchen with all this back to school business. I'll post definitely either tonight or tomorrow.
Ok, good.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:56 PM   #317
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

So I feel very lame for leaving up a save for 3 days for such a short post... I should have been able to make such a post much more quickly, but I just returned to school, so...time and especially inspiration have been a little scarce.

Whether or not Korin returns to the council is still up in the air...she can be convinced, but Nali may not have the time for that. If you need her to be there we can work something out (that I could edit in to my post perhaps) if you want to get her back quickly.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:37 PM   #318
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oh good one Durelin! Short and to the point, not much needed to be said on Korin's part. I'll get a response up for Nali tomorrow evening. I promise that I will... I mean, Nali will be as persuasive as possible.

Boromir88, are you still there? I know it's a hassal for you being called on this often, but we really need that post for Gror so that the battle plans can get on the table.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:42 AM   #319
Ilya
Wight

Shield

Ok, my save is filled. Lommy, Durelin, whoever wants to (drink) post next, go ahead.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:22 AM   #320
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

So, Groin, Dury, you have another participant around in the conversation of Náli and Kórin... (I have let Vriti get off of Onli, she is free for grabbing if anybody of you would like to introduce her in any way to what you are going to post, or if she just disappears again... also what Nisa is going to do, whether she is following Onli or what is she doing is just up to you, Groin).