Old 01-06-2008, 11:31 PM   #361
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Question

knock....knock.....

Shall I close this game?

~*~ Pio, game moderator

Last edited by piosenniel; 01-06-2008 at 11:35 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:37 AM   #362
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
So... I'm trying to get this right: Sixth should have edited his post so that the RPG could have continued? He didn't appear, so the problem remained unsolved? (And no one bothered to start dealing with it... )

I'm still here, but I have no idea about the others, except that it looks like Sixth won't be back and Glirdan, Crystal and Cordelia have disappeared long ago. Eomer and Valesse, are you still there? Do we ask pio to delete Sixth's contradictory post and continue? Or do we give up?

We could always make it so that Jen follows Eomeleo and Valesseka and for some odd reason manages to band up with them and then they go to rescue Thin-Gloomy and the Elves and Dárin are just left behind and no one knows what happened to them. But I don't know if this would work because it sounds od that Eomeleo and Valesseka would take Jen with them and if those three left, why would they go after Thin-Gloomy? Both problems can be overcome, even quite easily, I think, but it needs will to do so.

I only wonder if there is such will. I'm currently writing in two other RPGs and in an inn so I'm not heart-broken if I lose this one (especially as, I must say, this RPG never was particularly dear to me), but the very idea of deserting an RPG is unappeasing to me. Like I've probably said before, I dislike giving up. But it is pointless to go on, if there's only one or two people willing to do so. I think an RPG could go on with three players who have the motivation to finish it, but nothing less will suffice. Now, the question remains, do we have those three players, or not?
Old 01-07-2008, 01:59 PM   #363
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

I have deleted the Sixth Wizard's post. Please use his character as you wish now, as well as those of all those who are no longer playing. Please let me know if any other posts need editing.

If you last three decide this game needs to close, then I can offer a solution so that it can at least appear to have been completed. You can write epilogues, or one epilogue together that let's any reader know how how the game might have turned out.

Let me know what you all think.

~*~ Pio
Old 01-07-2008, 02:06 PM   #364
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I'd be happy ending the game. I would like to end it properly, though. So I'd prefer to write a couple of finishing posts for Eomeleo. But it's pointless carrying on with the story if there are only a couple of us left.

Weird, eh? I wonder what happened.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:36 PM   #365
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Shall we write it as if the adventure had been completed?

or

Should we write it so that Eomeleo just deserts and goes? And maybe takes Valesseka with him?

And my characters...
I personally am tempted to write that Jen proves just as untrustworthy as Eomeleo suspected and steals the Elves' money and horses and rides away and that's the end of the story for her, but I'm not sure, I would liked to have seen her becoming a "better" person.

Thin-Gloomy could die or escape, depending on how gentle I feel. If the three humans just run off, I can end my Thin-Gloomy post with saying that when the diminished party of his rescuers (meaning the Elves and Dárin) finally arrived, T-G was gone, or that both T-G and his captors were gone.

Personally I could go for whichever ending.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:03 PM   #366
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Tell ya'll what. I can fill in for Sixth's character if you'd like.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:51 PM   #367
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Tell ya'll what. I can fill in for Sixth's character if you'd like.
Help appreciated , but if Valesse does not appear this RPG is doomed anyway, or so I think...
Old 01-13-2008, 09:51 AM   #368
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

True. If she doesn't come back I shall have to make Eomeleo abandon her (or be captured). Then I am set up for a sequel in, about, 4 years?
Old 02-12-2008, 05:33 AM   #369
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Me here...

Okay. Seems like Valesse isn't coming.

What do you Eomer think:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Shall we write it as if the adventure had been completed?

or

Should we write it so that Eomeleo just deserts and goes? And maybe takes Valesseka with him?

And my characters...
I personally am tempted to write that Jen proves just as untrustworthy as Eomeleo suspected and steals the Elves' money and horses and rides away and that's the end of the story for her, but I'm not sure, I would liked to have seen her becoming a "better" person.

Thin-Gloomy could die or escape, depending on how gentle I feel. If the three humans just run off, I can end my Thin-Gloomy post with saying that when the diminished party of his rescuers (meaning the Elves and Dárin) finally arrived, T-G was gone, or that both T-G and his captors were gone.

Personally I could go for whichever ending.
I think I'd prefer a "desertion ending", it would leave the story to feel less unfinished. But whichever is fine with me.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:06 AM   #370
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

How about a shocking cliff-hanger, where Éomeléo encounters the outlaws who took Thin-Gloomy? I have an idea (which I'm sure would be entertaining).
Old 02-12-2008, 06:48 PM   #371
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Thumbs up

hmmmm.....this sounds interesting, EotR
Old 02-13-2008, 02:12 AM   #372
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

So interesting I'd really like the game to continue. And then the story will be horribly biased towards mine and Lommy's desires; but that is our right as the only survivors!
Old 02-13-2008, 06:45 AM   #373
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
So interesting I'd really like the game to continue. And then the story will be horribly biased towards mine and Lommy's desires; but that is our right as the only survivors!
I have nothing against continuing the game, if we do it simply or quickly enough that we know we can complete it and if you have an idea. Should we ask if Groin is still willing to take up Sixth's character? Or if he's willing to play someone else? Or should we just finish it by ourselves?
Old 02-14-2008, 12:50 PM   #374
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

I don't think we need new players. There aren't too many characters anyway. I suppose, if the two of us are doing it alone, we can use Dárin and Valesseka and others to help our characters along. That way we wouldn't have to make their characters do anything which their creator might have a problem with.

(Were someone else to write about Éomeléo I wouldn't want my character doing crazy things I had no part in. )

So we could have a Jen & Éomeléo-heavy conclusion to this story (with Thin-Gloomy of course) but if someone returns and sees us continuing then they would still be able to post.

My idea is basically Éomeléo being taken by the gang and seeing Thin-Gloomy again. The others can join up for the climax pretty soon after that.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:28 PM   #375
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
My idea is basically Éomeléo being taken by the gang and seeing Thin-Gloomy again. The others can join up for the climax pretty soon after that.
Ok, let's pursue that idea then, shall we? Valesse is actually online right now, I'm wondering if she'll come here now... *crosses fingers*

I'll write something for Thin-Gloomy this week and possibly for Jen too.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:41 PM   #376
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Ok, let's do it!
Old 03-01-2008, 05:51 AM   #377
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
I'll write something for Thin-Gloomy this week and possibly for Jen too.
Ack! It seems like I'll do that next week...
Old 03-04-2008, 03:47 AM   #378
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Looking forward to it. I haven't written yet because I was last to post.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:55 AM   #379
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Looking forward to it. I haven't written yet because I was last to post.
Ok, sorry... I think I will have time to get it done on Thursday or Friday...
Old 03-16-2008, 02:39 PM   #380
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Sorry for being so slow.. I keep thinking that the Thin-Gloomy post will be very time-consuming to write so I never manage to start it... I'll try to do it this week. If you are around, I think you should write for Eomeleo, if you wish, because Jen at least is doing nothing except eavesdropping him and Valesseka in the bushes...
Old 03-19-2008, 06:50 AM   #381
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
POSTED.
No, seriously! D:

Last edited by Valesse; 03-19-2008 at 07:14 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:55 AM   #382
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Hi Valesse.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:46 PM   #383
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thumbs up

Wow. I had lost hope of seeing you come back. Great to see you, Val.

I will try to post something for Thin-Gloomy and possibly for Jenfried too tomorrow... but I can't promise anything since every time I promise to write something I don't manage to do it...
Old 03-19-2008, 04:25 PM   #384
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hi! *wavewave*

Heh, I know the feeling, Thin. Thats been my relationship with the entire form for the last few months. Spring break was right at the right time, and I got pretty upset with myself after cruising through my DA account and seeing the LoG character images I had made waaaaay back when.

Yeah. nostalgia. I'm pretty giddy that we're all three still in on it. Yay. I can't wait for the post (but I will just for you, Thinny. ;D)
Old 03-23-2008, 04:08 PM   #385
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Palantir-Green

...tomorrow....

Seriously.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:21 AM   #386
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

When I've decided what to do with him and the bandits, I'll post more for Thin-Gloomy.

As soon as I feel like it even a little bit and have time, I will post for Jen. That might be anything between later today and Thursday. But you could still move on if you wish, I don't think it is necessary that I continue the story right now.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:00 AM   #387
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield Flood posting!

Valesse, in time I want Valesseka and Éomeléo to be separated so Éomeléo can be captured. Be thinking of a heroic rescue plan.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:32 PM   #388
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thats a truely frightening concept, Eomer, being rescued by Valesseka and all. I feel for Eomeleo already.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:20 PM   #389
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Does Eomeleo have his horse still? I suppose he wouldn't want to be mounted, seeing he had so many problems at the start, but would he have it for his gear?
Old 03-26-2008, 05:13 PM   #390
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Yeah, horse is there.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:17 PM   #391
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm venturing a guess that everyone's suddenly busy?
Old 04-14-2008, 12:33 PM   #392
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valesse View Post
I'm venturing a guess that everyone's suddenly busy?
Aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I'll post something for Jen this week. Where's Eomer?
Old 04-18-2008, 06:21 AM   #393
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Holiday. It was lovely, thanks. No internet access but back home now.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:07 AM   #394
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Is Valesse somewhere? I could continue, but I'm not sure if I have time to do so very soon... I might have time late this week if I make myself to have some time.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:21 PM   #395
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I am. I had a paper and three finals due over three days, so life has been pretty busy where I am. I'll be responding soon.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:21 AM   #396
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Ok. Great.

What's happening next? Should I write or does Eomer want to continue his plotline?
Old 05-03-2008, 08:22 AM   #397
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

You can write some Lommy, but you shouldn't interact with Valesseka or Éomeléo yet. Things are going to turn slightly ugly for those two.

Or should that be
Old 05-03-2008, 08:35 AM   #398
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

In that case, I'd prefer you to write first, if you don't mind.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:14 PM   #399
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Ack! Silly me, forgetting it's my turn.

I'll post something in the next couple of days, probably Thursday. Danger is about to enter the story!
Old 05-14-2008, 03:32 AM   #400
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Danger is about to enter the story!
Yay, I'm looking forward to it!