Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2008, 09:52 AM   #401
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Now, Valesse, you can't save him yet.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:39 AM   #402
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Valesse should maybe continue, I have little to add before more happens...
Old 05-25-2008, 10:50 AM   #403
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
Yes, and I'll post soon. I'm sorry that it wasn't right away, but I 'moved' twice in those two weeks between Eomer's post and... now.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:06 AM   #404
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I like it.

Are you going to post now, Lommy? My next post will (obviously) be Éomeléo waking up.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:26 AM   #405
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Are you going to post now, Lommy? My next post will (obviously) be Éomeléo waking up.
Yes... maybe on Sunday or Monday.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:55 PM   #406
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

My apologies for taking this much time. However, I can promise that I'll post sometime early next week. Honestly.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:17 AM   #407
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Haha, this is amusing. Sorry for being away, but I'm home now, and will post as soon as I can.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:37 AM   #408
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Okay, I posted. I think Valesse's next post could take us as far as to the bandits' lair. No point in delaying...

Now, do we have plan as for what happens next in general?
Old 07-16-2008, 03:49 PM   #409
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Hey guess what guys. I'm not going to be around from 23rd this month to 11th next month. I'd be glad to see at least one of post from each of you when I come back, preferably more (do not wait for me to reply, just go on, I'm quite sure you can handle Jen). And when I come back, I'd really like all of us to put some effort to this game and finish it. There really isn't much to do anymore. Would it be impossible to get this game finished by the end of September? It's silly to have it hanging like this.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:48 AM   #410
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Right, yes. What is going to happen? My idea was that Thin-Gloomy would be held captive in that same place. I suppose Valesseka and Jen should save him first, and then Éomeléo.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:07 AM   #411
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Right, yes. What is going to happen? My idea was that Thin-Gloomy would be held captive in that same place. I suppose Valesseka and Jen should save him first, and then Éomeléo.
I don't know. Originally, the bandits who captured T-G were supposed to be the ones Glirdy described and whose names can be found on the first page of thise thread... but I think we could change it a bit and there could be more of them and they could be these same guys. So yes, the girls could save first T-G and then Éomeléo, it should be fun.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:09 PM   #412
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

I'll try and post tomorrow or the next day. Describe Éomeléo's new lodgings a bit.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:08 AM   #413
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

I'm not sure who these other prisoners are yet but I'm sure the readers are going to love them.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:23 PM   #414
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm so, so sorry I haven't posted yet. I'm not sure when I can settle down to do so again, either and it isn't for a lack of want. This summer has brought about some rather major health issues with two of my grandparents and things are currently very shakey.

Please forgive me if it takes a while.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:53 AM   #415
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Never mind Valesse, it's alright fotr us. I just hope everything is fine or as fine as it can be with your grandparents.

I will write as soon as I have time, that is most probably some time this week. If you don't mind, I'm actually going to get things moving. Gotta finish this RPG before Christmas...
Old 08-15-2008, 02:03 AM   #416
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Val - please tell me if I've mishandled your character. I'm just trying to make this advance more quickly...

I think you Val should post and start from when the night has fallen and the girls start the operation. Please write Jen sneaking away and then you can write what happens to Valesseka. I think it'd be brilliant if she was actually captured by the bandits.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:03 AM   #417
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

I'll be writing again soon; I've been on holiday for a few weeks and not had so much internet time.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:49 PM   #418
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'll post ASAP, had a lot of family crisis events over the summer and it finally looks like life's on the up and up. I'll post this weekend. I have a note for myself to do so!
Old 08-27-2008, 02:16 AM   #419
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Yay! If you post this weekend, I'll post either on Sunday or early next week. Maybe we'll even get this game finished soon?

By the way, I'm glad to hear your family things are better now. It's good to know.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:08 AM   #420
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Aye, hope things sort themselves out, Valesse.

I'm back home and will be posting in the next couple of days. Holiday was good, by the way.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:12 AM   #421
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Have I missed something, or is it actually the point that no one knows what's happening...? (I should probably write but I'm quite unsure of what to write... If it's the point that no one knows, I can improvise, but I don't want to ruin any existing plans...)
Old 09-10-2008, 10:51 AM   #422
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The only plan so far is that some how Jen and Valesseka are to rescue Eomeleo. Valesseka is being her dramatic, whiney self moaning about Jen's plan (Mostly because she doesn't want Jen looking better to mister Gondor than she does, if I must call out my character. )

I rewrote parts of my last post because in revision they were rather confusing even to me. Sorry about that! Eek. Basically Valesseka stomped a sweet spot over a high point in a cave ceiling and doesn't really know it yet. I'll let you two decide if a hole develops or Eomeleo's talkative cell mate simply gets a new topic to yak about.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #423
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

I've a good idea. Say, in your next post you break through the ground, discovering the hidden passageways, but stop the post there. That leads nicely to my post.

Or, in a more comedic fashion, you should end the post by falling through the hole.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:38 AM   #424
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Ok, thanks guys. I will post tomorrow. I just realised we will get this finished soon. Yay! Do you think I should write something for Thin-Gloomy as well, by the way?
Old 09-11-2008, 08:14 AM   #425
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Definitely, I think you should decide how he is rescued and what sort of revenge (if any) he gets.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:44 PM   #426
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Posted. I hope I didn't make Valesseka too stupid. Now, I think, Val should write and decide whether the girls get caught or not. If both of them get caught, I think Thin-Gloomy should get out by himself and rescue his rescuers. If just one of them gets caught, she should be locked in the same cell with either Éomeleo or Thin-Gloomy and the other one should rescue everybody. If neither of them gets caught, they can start picking locks of the prison doors (Jen at least can do that) and release both Thin-Gloomy and Éomeleo and then we can continue with them escaping and possibly revenging. I'm leaving it up to you, Valesse, to decide, because I think any of those scenarios could be fun. If Eomer has any insight/opinion, that is welcome too, of course.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:10 AM   #427
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Ok, Éomeléo and Miko need a showdown with the guard, so maybe Jen and Valesseka can go rescue Thin-Gloomy; then we can all meet up somewhere underground and escape together.

I'm not exactly sure what's going to happen here but I do know one thing: Miko is awesome.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:16 PM   #428
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Question

So, who's up next for continuing this game?

~*~ Pio
Old 09-26-2008, 05:25 AM   #429
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel View Post
So, who's up next for continuing this game?
Valesse. I was thinking that if she doesn't post during the weekend, I will write for our characters anyway and have them rescue Thin-Gloomy. Then Eomer could post next and have the two groups meet and escape. After that, we should be done with just one or two posts per person + the epilogues. Does this sound good to everybody? And sorry pio for keeping this RPG hanging...

Last edited by Thinlómien; 09-26-2008 at 10:16 AM. Reason: boldings
Old 09-26-2008, 10:08 AM   #430
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

So, today is September 26, 2008. This game started in November of 2006. And I understand that you valiant band of players are very near wrapping up this RP.

I'd like to give you three a deadline now for getting this game finished.

Four weeks, I think, will be adequate time to do your endgame posts. So by October 24th, 2008 I would like to see your final posts on the game.

If there is some reason a player cannot post, then I would like the others to carry their character along.

~*~ piosenniel

Valesse please check your PM's
Old 09-26-2008, 12:04 PM   #431
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Fair enough, though I kind of like how it's gone on this long.

That sounds like a good plan, Lommy.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:35 PM   #432
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Posted.

I was planning on doing so last weekend but I had to go down to Houston to check out the damage done to our house from Hurricane Ike. I probably should had left a message here about that, I'm sorry, but there were a few other things on my mind at the time.

I can work with the deadline, but I'll be sad to see the game end. Everyone's characters are so quirky and fun. I hope to see them in other games again, if possible.

Last edited by Valesse; 09-26-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:15 PM   #433
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Great. I'll write some day soon...
Old 09-27-2008, 06:31 PM   #434
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valesse
I can work with the deadline, but I'll be sad to see the game end. Everyone's characters are so quirky and fun. I hope to see them in other games again, if possible.
I would welcome another game proposal at some point involving these characters!

~*~ Pio
Old 09-28-2008, 06:47 AM   #435
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Miko is my Faramir.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:47 AM   #436
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

So how many more posts needed? And how do we want to end it? I thought of Thin-Gloomy perhaps taking the others on a new quest to find the gold.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:31 PM   #437
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I don't know. Someone or a few of us should get us out of the dungeons. Thin-Gloomy would want to revenge on his captors, maybe if he could make the whole bandit hideout collapse or something, it would be great. I dont't definitely need to write that myself, one of you could mention it in some post of yours.

Once, we've got out of the place, Thin-Gloomy could guide them to the treasure and reward them for rescuing him. I'm toying with a rather more twisted ending, too, though...
Old 10-07-2008, 06:58 PM   #438
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'll get us to the mouth of the cave, but if anyone wants to throw in some last minute opposition in, that looks to be a great place to do it. : )
Old 10-11-2008, 11:18 AM   #439
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Posted!

One or two more ruffians for our band to evade! Sorry if I took too many liberities with your characters, I tried to keep them in character as best I could.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:10 PM   #440
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

E-O-M-E-R! P-O-S-T! N-O-W!