Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2009, 12:56 PM   #361
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm hoping to get my save filled tonight. I'll probably have Keni notice Onli, if that's okay with Folwren and still good for Legate.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:28 AM   #362
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Good with me! Go right ahead. I meant to post this last night, but I don't know why I didn't.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:12 PM   #363
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
And of course still good with me. For sure, go ahead! I'll wait to see what you are going to come up with.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 02-18-2009, 08:59 PM   #364
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I've filled my save.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:00 PM   #365
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Great! I just read it. I'm about to write and send you a PM...

-- Foley
Old 02-19-2009, 07:33 AM   #366
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Legate,

I'm going to let you post before me. If I didn't wait, I'd just have Kénan head home with Kéni in tow, and I think I need to give you a chance to post for Onli. If you can't post, or don't want to post, then just let me know and I can do so.

-- Folwren
Old 02-19-2009, 12:14 PM   #367
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Your fill in was great, Kitanna; also, I really enjoyed your post Durelin. I have my post up for Tror.

I will wait until after Friday until I get a post up for Nali. Give Lommy a chance to get a post up for Ori.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:45 AM   #368
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
All right. I will get some posting up during today.

I am not sure if Lommy will be able to post on today or tomorrow, I think it will depend on circumstances. But I'll let her know that she has obligations here
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 02-20-2009, 09:56 AM   #369
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'll post either today or tomorrow.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:23 PM   #370
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

All right, posted for Onli now - it is completely upon you, Folwren (or Kit) if you wish to prolongate this debate or if you want to cut it short. Whatever is fine with me.

I will get a post for Lóni up soon, too - possibly tomorrow.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:04 PM   #371
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'll be gone for the next two days on a weekend hiking trip. I'll get a response up Tror, if you have responded in that time, on monday, Durelin. When Korin is done with Tror, Legate, you may go ahead and have Onli approach Tror. Nisa can introduce him, or if Onli is feeling bold he can approach Tror on his own.

Also, if any of your characters want to go with Tror on the scouting party either speak up here or in the RPG. Gwath and Durelin, your characters sound like they might want a little action. How about it?
Old 02-21-2009, 12:14 PM   #372
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Errr I post tomorrow. But honestly, I will. I was just overcome by a flu and a massive cleaning operation today.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:26 PM   #373
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
I am so very very sorry for abandoning the game like this without any warning. It's just that life was a bit hectic and I could not bring myself to concentrate enough to write something. Anyway, now that things are back to normal I'll try to be more active. I'll catch up with the game and have a post ready in a few days. Once again, a million of appologies, guys. I promise I'll give warning next time I decide to vanish
Old 02-22-2009, 03:37 PM   #374
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

No hard feelings, Dimturiel The game is here for us to enjoy rather than to compel us (even though it sometimes does not seem like that, but that's from a large part just a question of attitude ). If you are going to continue posting, that's going to be great

On another note, I have posted for Lóni - I guess it's Náli's turn now, Groin. I think the situation turned to be very interesting.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:34 PM   #375
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimy, welcome back! I am very glad that you have returned, we need some of you good writers to come back. Basically I wanted to say what Legate has already said: just have fun with this RPG. I hope your return means that we will be hearing about Bain soon?
Old 02-23-2009, 09:34 PM   #376
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hey, all. I started writing a post this evening, fully intending on posting it. But I got stuck half way through. I will try finishing it tomorrow. I apologize for the delay, especially to Kitanna.

-- Folwren
Old 02-24-2009, 12:39 PM   #377
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
Thanks for understanding, guys. And yes, you will be hearing from Bain quite soon - Friday at the latest, I think.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:59 PM   #378
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I posted, and did something cheesy (it's like Mulan, but not! oh Lord...). I imagine you want to wrap up Korin and Tror's conversation quickly, so of course feel free to do so. If you want we can collaborate to finish the conversation.

Also, sorry for being so slow about posting lately...school is just keeping me pretty busy...
Old 02-25-2009, 01:41 PM   #379
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

There, I've posted. Sorry it took me so long. It took me a while to figure out how to do it. Anyway, I did it.

Kitanna, I know it's not exactly what we had kind of discussed by PM. If you want it altered, let me know...PM me or something.

-- Folwren
Old 02-25-2009, 06:32 PM   #380
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Kitanna, I know it's not exactly what we had kind of discussed by PM. If you want it altered, let me know...PM me or something.

-- Folwren
It was great, no alterations needed.

I've put up a save, but I'm decided as to where Iari should be. Anyone looking for the company of a little dwarf girl?
Old 02-26-2009, 04:00 PM   #381
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm looking forward to that post Dimy, and you save Kitanna. Glad to see that we have some upcoming posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
I posted, and did something cheesy (it's like Mulan, but not! oh Lord...). I imagine you want to wrap up Korin and Tror's conversation quickly, so of course feel free to do so. If you want we can collaborate to finish the conversation.
I actually liked it. If you want to, we can do a PM post to end Tror's and Korin's discussion.

A future glance:
Once Onli and Tror finish talking, all the characters in the council will be dispersed. Tror will take some characters in search of Oin, and Ori and Nali will go to the hall and gather the other players into the spirit of the upcoming fight. Does anyone have ideas on what the women should be doing while the men are repulsing the attacks?
Old 02-27-2009, 02:13 PM   #382
Ilya
Wight

Ilya has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Hi all. I'm very sorry I've been absent from the game for a while. Life's been throwing more than the usual amount of insanity at me lately. Will try to read up on everything I've missed and get a post up soonish, hopefully this weekend.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:35 AM   #383
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Come on, come on! These threads have been too silent lately! Who's next? Let's not peeter out now!

-- Folwren
Old 03-02-2009, 08:43 AM   #384
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Come on, come on! These threads have been too silent lately! Who's next? Let's not peeter out now!
Patience is a virtue, Folwren. Nevertheless, it's about time that I started posting more actively.

Durelin are doing a PM post for Tror and Korin. I'll see if I can wrap that up sometime soon. Nali is waiting on Ori, or Loni, to respond to his question: you're up Lommy! After Ori gives an explanation I'll send him back to gather the citizens. Let's see if we can get that done soon, I really want to make the other players, who haven't been involved with the council, more active now that the battle is a short time away.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:03 AM   #385
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Patience is a virtue, Folwren. Nevertheless, it's about time that I started posting more actively.
Well, I'm not exactly being impatient. It's just that...things have been too quiet, so I decided to stir the pot.

Quote:
Durelin are doing a PM post for Tror and Korin. I'll see if I can wrap that up sometime soon. Nali is waiting on Ori, or Loni, to respond to his question: you're up Lommy! After Ori gives an explanation I'll send him back to gather the citizens. Let's see if we can get that done soon, I really want to make the other players, who haven't been involved with the council, more active now that the battle is a short time away.
I was mostly seeing if other people were still around and intending to post. You've been doing a fine job staying active. You have no need to apologize.

-- Folwren
Old 03-02-2009, 12:10 PM   #386
Kitanna
Child of the West

I'll be posting soon. It's midterm week, so once my papers are well on the way I'll get my save filled.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:22 PM   #387
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Hey hey hey. Guess who posted. It's been too long, I'm sorry. I've had a busy couple of weeks...months.

I reckon I should probably introduce my second character pretty soon if I'm going to at all.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:08 PM   #388
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Gwath! welcome back to the land of the dead! Glad to see that some of the oldies are coming back; welcome back Ilya.

Your post was excellent Gwath I enjoyed it very much. Great ending to our post Durelin, you did a fabulous job with Korin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
I reckon I should probably introduce my second character pretty soon if I'm going to at all.
Yes, more characters please!

I am out of town right now and have limited access to a computer; however, I may be able to slip something into the RPG sometime this week. Tror will definately respond to Frar; Nali is still waiting on Ori's response, whenever you are ready Lommy is fine with me. Onli will have to take the initiative now that Tror will be on the move, perhaps grab him for a quick word before he leaves. Legate, I know what Tror wants to say (I guess I better... I'm his writer after all) so if you and I want to do a PM post to sum things up that would be fine.

I'll get back to y'all soon with a post. Glad to see that things are still looking bright!
Old 03-04-2009, 09:15 PM   #389
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hehe, glad you liked the end there, Groin, and, of course, feel free to deal with Korin in the future as Tror sees fit.

I figured spitting on a dwarf's beard would be more insulting to him even than just spitting in his face...
Old 03-04-2009, 09:26 PM   #390
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Oh golly, I didn't even notice that Korin spat on Tror's beard! I think I'd better edit my post - a stronger reaction is called for.

(Did you catch the Duke quote in my post, Groin? That was just for you.)
Old 03-04-2009, 09:30 PM   #391
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
(Did you catch the Duke quote in my post, Groin? That was just for you.)
I did, I thought it was great, fitted in quite well! Unfortunately, I can't remember what movie of his it was from, but I could hear and picture him saying it after I read your quote!
Old 03-05-2009, 09:12 AM   #392
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
I figured spitting on a dwarf's beard would be more insulting to him even than just spitting in his face...
Golly, we've got some real dysfunctional dwarves here. No wonder they lost.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:09 PM   #393
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Kitanna, how did midterms go? I had one this week and it made me almost sick, I was so scared while taking it. I can't stand not being sure of an A, and I am definitely not sure of an A for this test.

Anyway, now that the week is winding to close, does that mean you'll get a chance to fill your save soon? (I'm really annoying, aren't I?)
Old 03-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #394
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I've been terribly busy with final exams and still am - I have three of them next week - but I'll try to write for Ori as soon as possible.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:58 PM   #395
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
Kitanna, how did midterms go? I had one this week and it made me almost sick, I was so scared while taking it. I can't stand not being sure of an A, and I am definitely not sure of an A for this test.

Anyway, now that the week is winding to close, does that mean you'll get a chance to fill your save soon? (I'm really annoying, aren't I?)
You are and that's okay. Midterms are over and after many wall pounding moments I am enjoying spring break. I might fill my save tonight, but chances are better that I'll get it done tomorrow afternoon.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:24 PM   #396
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I put up my post for Tror, Gwath. I described a lot of how Frar seemed to Tror, let me know if I overstepped my bounds! I was tempted to describe how Frar's warriors were armed but I thought that it would be better if Frar would describe it himself.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:14 PM   #397
Kitanna
Child of the West

It's been a long while, but I've filled my save.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:00 PM   #398
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Glad to see it!

Having read it.....heh....I'm not used to being put into this sort of situation with my characters. Usually I play the characters in Keni's and Iari's place. Now maybe I'll appreciate other people's difficulties.

Any suggestions anybody?
Old 03-12-2009, 01:41 PM   #399
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorry that I haven't posted in the RPG for a while. I am working on a PM post with Legate and Nali is waiting for Ori to respond (whenever you are ready Lommy). I suppose I could get something up for Nisa today or tomorrow, but I'm not promising anything.

Quote:
Having read it.....heh....I'm not used to being put into this sort of situation with my characters. Usually I play the characters in Keni's and Iari's place. Now maybe I'll appreciate other people's difficulties.

Any suggestions anybody?
Kenan could admit that he's wrong and grovel at Tror's feet!
Old 03-12-2009, 09:29 PM   #400
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Kenan could admit that he's wrong and grovel at Tror's feet!
But he wasn't wrong. That's the thing. Maybe he got a little over heated, but he wasn't wrong.