Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2009, 06:51 PM   #441
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Glad to have you back Lommy! I hope that your Easter was also well.

The fight is on! I decided to get things moving so I had Tror and Frar's warriors run into some Orcs. Gwath you may post whenever you wish; in-fact, I order you post as soon as you can.

Nali and Nisa's posts will be coming soon.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:52 PM   #442
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
So now after the post written by Legate (and me), Óin and Ori are going to approach Náli, but he seems busy with Kórin... Groin and Dury, how long do you think they'll talk? For if it takes long, we either have to a) interrupt you, b) find Lóni instead or c) abstain from writing for a while, but none of those sounds bad)
Old 04-19-2009, 07:24 PM   #443
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hmm well I will try to get a short post up now. Sorry I'm slow, only have three weeks of the semester left, so at the busiest time...but not so busy I can't keep up...okay with things.

Regardless, I say interrupt as you wish. I think that's perfectly fine, fun, and realistic, but will of course defer to Groin.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:21 PM   #444
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Regardless, I say interrupt as you wish. I think that's perfectly fine, fun, and realistic, but will of course defer to Groin.
Defer to Groin--that sounds so cool! Fine with me if you interrupted since it's fine with Dury (by the way, great post!); however, I will get a post up tomorrow for Nali and Nisa responding to both Dury and Dim respectively.

Still waiting on Gwath for Frar--I'm really looking forward to more of his writing. Also, when do we see this new character of yours, Gwath? I've been waiting for weeks with hopes of his soon arrival.

Also, Boro88 PMed me several months ago about him wanting to get rid of his character, Gror, soon. He mentioned that I could kill him off; however, if someone wants to take Gror up (or we can see if we can bring a new writer into this RPG) we can keep him on.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:30 AM   #445
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
He mentioned that I could kill him off; however, if someone wants to take Gror up (or we can see if we can bring a new writer into this RPG) we can keep him on.
I could take him up and get him killed early - I think he'd get more attention then as I only have two characters while you have three.

But of course, if someone with just one character wants him, feel free to take him up. A new writer would be nice too, but if there was one, I think they should be given the option to create a character of their own.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:28 AM   #446
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
But of course, if someone with just one character wants him, feel free to take him up. A new writer would be nice too, but if there was one, I think they should be given the option to create a character of their own.
Tell you what, I'll start sending PMs on the subject (with one addressed to Boro88, I haven't seen him on the Downs lately) to see if anyone would like to take up the character. I'll start on it as soon as Nisa and Nali are posted for.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:39 PM   #447
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh dear. Korin is so not going away quietly...but I will do my best not to hijack the game...I know you've moved on to Ori and Oin coming to Nali, so I will figure something out that's not too disruptive of that...

Onli might want to be careful... XD

I do apologize...I have wasted a lot of time with my characters' drama. I never planned it that way (I swear!), it just has happened (so typical)... I did not really gauge how Korin would fit in...or not fit in...and I started out thinking I'd focus on Kor more than Korin (and thus be...uh...quieter) but uh...
Old 04-20-2009, 03:42 PM   #448
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Oh dear. Korin is so not going away quietly...but I will do my best not to hijack the game...I know you've moved on to Ori and Oin coming to Nali, so I will figure something out that's not too disruptive of that...

Onli might want to be careful... XD

I do apologize...I have wasted a lot of time with my characters' drama. I never planned it that way (I swear!), it just has happened (so typical)... I did not really gauge how Korin would fit in...or not fit in...and I started out thinking I'd focus on Kor more than Korin (and thus be...uh...quieter) but uh...
Oh but Dury I love your drama. Kórin's one of my favourite characters in the whole RPG! Don't apologise and just write whichever way you can do it fittingly. (Haha, imagine Kórin starting to shout to Náli while he's trying to talk important stuff with the two O's... )
Old 04-20-2009, 04:14 PM   #449
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Exactly. Hey, and if you want Kórin to really oppose Náli, Groin can surely edit the sentence about Kórin following Onli from his post. And we can manage a who-knows-how-many-sided dialogue (so, a multilogue ) with all the characters... it might be an interesting challenge.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 04-20-2009, 06:40 PM   #450
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Thank you very much for putting up with me. Many hugs! XD

I went ahead and posted so things can keep moving...hope it's okay, yell at me if it isn't.

Korin might pass out soon due to a nasty hangover so maybe everyone will get to be rid of her for a while...if she's not tried for treason first...
Old 04-21-2009, 02:23 AM   #451
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Oh, my! What a situation - especially for poor Óin to return into! I will try to get up a post today.

Btw, Dury - I think you are missing a word in the second sentence of the second paraghraph for Kór
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 04-21-2009, 09:34 AM   #452
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

My goodness! I intended for Onli to get the chewing out (sorry Legate) not Nali, Oin, and Ori. This is great fun, wonderful job Dury.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:24 AM   #453
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
My goodness! I intended for Onli to get the chewing out (sorry Legate) not Nali, Oin, and Ori. This is great fun, wonderful job Dury.
Well, he still can - he's assigned for that there, in fact. Well, whatever It will be fun. I'll get to writing ASAP.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:48 PM   #454
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Thank you, Legate - I put a 'tell' in there as I had meant to... And sorry...though Korin of course means to completely ignore Onli, I do not mean to, so please let me know if I need to edit anything in...I tend to 'ignore' characters in my posts sometimes because I don't want to write someone else's character for them in any way.

I don't know how so many of my characters end up as drama queens...or emo...or both.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:24 PM   #455
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Narya

Alright y'all, I won't be here for the next couple of days so I expect postings in my absence! I'm really looking forward to seeing how Gwath portrays his end of the battle with the Orcs. I still haven't gotten any word on Boro88's character, we should give it a little more time though.

See y'all in a couple days (that is if I survive).
Old 04-25-2009, 11:00 AM   #456
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
See y'all in a couple days (that is if I survive).
Oh my, what are you going to do?

I hope to post something soon - I have been ridiculously busy lately.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:21 PM   #457
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
I'm really looking forward to seeing how Gwath portrays his end of the battle with the Orcs.
It is done.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:37 AM   #458
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

I have posted something, too. Dury, I left the end sort of open with Onli - I did not know whether you don't want to interact in some way there. I can change the ending in some way that would fit you (like, let Vriti approach Kórin, if she wants to play with her too or something; or let it completely finish in some way, if you want to let Kórin go free at last).
Old 04-28-2009, 02:36 PM   #459
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I posted and I've speeded things up a bit and had Trór return. I hope there are no big objections (but if there are, please share them).

I'm once again leaving it up to Groin to start the action, but I hope we can move onto the battle soon. Just, because, this RPG is great and so on but we can't get stuck on one day for ages.

So, finish off pre-battle business and prepare for writing fighting posts! Also, remember that there's a lot going on inside Khazad-dűm at the same time too, so do post for non-fighters as well. If you need prompts, just PM me and I'll come up with some mess your characters can get involved in. Or even better, just use your own creativity. There are some characters I'd love to hear from since it's been such a long while!
Old 05-03-2009, 06:36 PM   #460
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sorry it's been so long since I posted, I am here and still love this game, just have been busy in various ways...will try to get a post up by tomorrow.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:52 AM   #461
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Ha, it's okay. It's not that I'm not a bit slow in posting, either... Everybody can be busy (and often is, actually... )

By the way, I had a dream about this RPG today.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:55 AM   #462
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hi. Has my character been confinscated? I have been away quite long enough. What about Kitanna - is she around at all?

I sincerely apologize about not being present for the last long time. I can either stay out of the game at this point, since you seem to be carrying it along a fairly good clip now as it is, or I could try to join in. I will not attempt to read all of what I have missed, however - I don't have time, really. If someone wants to, they can fill me in.

I am in the last week of classes now. Next week is finals. The week after that, I start training for being a staff person at camp, so I won't really be able to write too much. It might be enough to keep me up to date, though. So you all decide if you want me squeazing back in.

Once more, I'm sorry.

-- Folwren
Old 05-14-2009, 09:34 AM   #463
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
What about Kitanna - is she around at all?
I occasionally lurk around, but I have no internet at my house so I only get on once a day when I can get to the library. I'd like to continue, but I've missed a lot. I'm going to try to catch up on this RPG in the next few days. If I'm too far behind then I'll just turn the kids over to someone else. Hopefully that isn't the case.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:49 PM   #464
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Foley and Kit - I can check when you've posted last and tell you what's happened after that. Not very much, I think. The scouts have returned and the fight will begin soon. I'll PM you both sometime before next week, ok?

Groin - great to see you back, I was getting impatient.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:55 PM   #465
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Groin - great to see you back, I was getting impatient.
Exactly.

And Foley, Kit - certainly in no way you should even think of quitting your characters. There really wasn't that much happening, and most of all, who cares. It's even a short while ago when you posted for the last time! And the purpose of this game is for all of us to participate and have fun - not to move the story in a certain time to certain point or something. We are not filling a plan and reaching some goals, but playing, that should be the most important thing.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:14 PM   #466
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
And Foley, Kit - certainly in no way you should even think of quitting your characters. There really wasn't that much happening, and most of all, who cares. It's even a short while ago when you posted for the last time! And the purpose of this game is for all of us to participate and have fun - not to move the story in a certain time to certain point or something. We are not filling a plan and reaching some goals, but playing, that should be the most important thing.
Hear, hear, he's absolutely right here!
Old 05-17-2009, 03:36 PM   #467
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
What he said! Feel free to respond to Nali whenever you have a free moment, Folwren.

I really have a deeper appreciation for the time that y'all spend on this RPG, especially since I am now blown off my feet with studies for the summer. I'll be gone on a vacation from May 20th through June 7th. However, I should have internet access in the hotel so it should be no problem with me checking up and posting a few times.

Secondly, I don't think I was clear in my post on who Tror is examining--it is Kor. Whenever you have a free moment Dury you may respond.

I'll be finishing up an exam today, but I may have time to write a post tonight. However, I'll be studying all this evening for another trip, so don't expect anything from me until tomorrow
Old 05-19-2009, 06:30 AM   #468
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I've been incredibly busy with studying for University entrance exams and preparing my graduation party, but life should be considerably easier for me after the 30th, so then you can expect me back with full power, so to say.

But as soon as I have time, I will send the PMs I promised. I think that may be even later today.

And the next time I have time, I will write a post for Vigdis. I hope that's still this week.

And then just a general thing - Durelin and Folwren, take your time replying to Groin, but then I'd like you Groin to wrap things up more or less and move us onto the battle. By no means should this RPG be any sort of very high speed race where we have to achieve stuff, but I have too much experience from RPGs that are left to drag, and we are only in the beginning of the plotline now...
Old 05-20-2009, 11:46 AM   #469
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Yikes, sorry, I have finally posted again. Please move ahead as quickly as you wish, I of course won't be insulted if you wrap up the conversations involving my characters in a quick post, I know we need to move on.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:46 PM   #470
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thanks for posting Dury. Quick and concise! I will sum up Tror's thoughts in my next post.

I will be gone on vacation tomorrow morning sometime around 3:00am, but I'll see if I can get a word in for Tror before then. If I am gone and have not posted by tomorrow, the earliest chance that I will have to post will be on the 23rd (I will have internet at the hotel).

Also, I think that y'all have got the general gist on how I write my characters; if you want to, you can include and talk for my characters in my absence. Of course you don't have to, but I don't think that I will have much chance to post for some time.

Also, as soon as Folwren responds to Nali, I will get a post up for Drok (the narrator) and get the stage set for the battle.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:07 AM   #471
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okay, I posted.

Kitanna - if you want to post before Groin moves us onto the battle, great. If you don't get a chance, where I left it is potentially alright. You could always put up a save if you wanted to.

Groin - unless Kitanna says otherwise, I think you can move on to the setting of the battle. Also, tell me if I need to change any of Nali's words or actions. I realize I wrote for him a considerable amount.

Also, I made the implication that it was nearing dawn. I figured the night had been very, very long already.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:10 PM   #472
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well, I'm moving in over a week and then I'll have internet again. I'm going to put up a save and try to fill it in soon, but it will be filled the day I move into my new apartment.

Also thanks Lommy for sending the PM regarding what's been missed since I was on last.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:48 AM   #473
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'm leaving this evening for staff training for summer camp. I will be back Friday afternoon sometime.

I am also working at camp the next two weeks, and two more weeks in the summer. On the weeks I am gone, I will be leaving on Sunday afternoons and coming back late Friday afternoon.

Just wanted to give ya'll a heads up.

-- Folwren
Old 05-26-2009, 06:23 AM   #474
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

That was very well done, Folwren. I knew that ya'll could write for my characters without difficulty! Just one small detail, it is certainly near morning, but dawn is several hours away. It doesn't matter much anyway, I'm sure Kenan lost track of time.

However, I'm sorry that you will be leaving for camp, Folwren. I hope that you will have time to check in on us every now and again. Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
Also thanks Lommy for sending the PM regarding what's been missed since I was on last.
I also thank Lommy for staying on-top of things. That girl is amazing!

Alright, now that Folwren has posted, and Kitanna has a save up, I will start on a post for Drok that will move us into battle! Hooray!

P.S. Feel free to let me know if anyone needs more time for posting.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:10 PM   #475
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

I have sort of settled the episode with Onli, Kórin and the ferret, if we are moving onwards. I think that should be fine for now, unless Dury wanted to add anything to the episode.

Otherwise, looking forward to moving forward
Old 05-28-2009, 03:36 PM   #476
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
I also thank Lommy for staying on-top of things. That girl is amazing!
Haha, thanks. I just hope I didn't miss anything...

I'll try to write the promised post for Vigdis soon, but I have been really busy with University entrance exams and I have my graduation party on Saturday... but I should have more time next week at least! And Groin, you may move onto the battle without waiting for me, Vigdis's doings should not have anything to do with the battle.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:05 AM   #477
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The post concerning the battle is almost finished. I will most likely post it tomorrow.

After that post all can feel free to post for their characters in battle. I think that I might actually post for Nisa next to show what the women folk are doing in the city.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:57 PM   #478
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I know I'm hopeless... I'll write for Vigdis (and Ori) sometime this week...
Old 06-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #479
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Posted (finally).

Everybody, feel free to write about the battle.

Also, feel free to be the stranger in the corridor leading to the masonry. And feel free to write something that explains or further elaborates the lanterns not being lit at some parts of the colony.

Write, write, write!
Old 06-08-2009, 01:47 PM   #480
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sorry I have not been more active!

Just a quick question - the Dwarf warriors currently battling the orc forces are only the regular army + Kor? And all the other able-bodied dwarves are still gathering as 'reinforcements' of sorts?

I'll get a post up asap for Kor at least...