Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2010, 06:20 PM   #561
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I am all up for that. I love the characters involved here. Our problem right now is that our amount of interaction is limited, I think...so it's just a lot of 'moving things forward' I guess? Anyway, if someone wants to post and wants to bump into my characters in the hustle and bustle to get ready for the move feel free, I promise I'll respond as promptly as possible!
Old 07-25-2010, 10:44 AM   #562
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Palantir-Green

Good to hear people are still interested in this RPG!

Like I said before, I'm ridiculously busy until mid/late August, so I won't be around to post and most of the important characters (important for the main storyline, that is) are under my control for now and I'm also the only one who (almost ) knows what's going to happen so obviously no drastic moves until I get back (unless you want to improvise! )

So, I say, people are free to post their characters current thoughts and doings now and bump into each others' characters and have fun, but once I get back, I'll move the time and events forwards a bit (let's discuss it more then) and we do our best to finish the whole RPG by Christmas (that shouldn't be too ambitious but just ambitious enough!)

Hope this sounds good.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:49 AM   #563
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Question

This RPG started in November of 2008. The last post to it was April 2010. Last Post to the discussion thread was July 2010 when it was proposed that the game be wrapped up by Christmas of 2010.

It looks as if the players are no longer interested in finishing the game. So, I'd like to move this RPG to Elvenhome at the end of this week. Once it's moved to Elvenhome, players can always request that it be sent back to the Shire or Rohan to be finished.

Any thoughts on this?

~*~ Pio
Old 02-07-2011, 01:48 PM   #564
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I feel rather bad, because this is my game and I really wanted to see it finished, and still want to. Still it somehow took me half a year to get around to see this thread after I had promised I'd look at the storyline and start active posting soon.

If you people out there still want to continue, please speak up. I'm all for wrapping this up, but obviously not if everybody else has (understandably) lost interest in the game.

(I really feel bad about letting RL and various other stuff eat me. Like I keep telling myself, RPGs really don't take SO much time, you just keep thinking they do and avoiding them on that basis.)

I'm now going to student exchange, so next 2-3 weeks will be really busy for me, but once I'm settled in Prague I think I'd have time to do this (after all, it's a foreign city so I won't have work or as much social life, haha) and wrap this up by... start of summer holidays?

Legate's been reminding me about this RPG about once per month so I think he'd still be in (he's currently on holiday so he isn't reading this but I think I can speak for him). I would give this game one more last chance.

But Foley? Dury? Kit? Dim? Do you still have any interest in the game and do you think a summer deadline would work? And I won't be offended if you say no, I'd just like to hear from people before this thread is closed (or continued).

PS. I remember when all writers kept dropping out when going to Uni and I was wondering why can they suddenly be so busy and now I totally understand.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #565
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Palantir-Green

PS. All players in this RPG, please see this thread:

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthr...?t=5667&page=3

We are discussing the future of BD RPGs.

PPS. On the thread linked above, I suggest longer RPGs be given weekly schedules and the game owner make them known (at least roughly) to the players. If you guys still want to continue and can commit to writing at least once per week (exceptions allowed of course ), I would definitely make a week-by-week (or a fortnight-by-fortnight given the amount of delightful dialogue on this thread) schedule for this and keep to it.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:47 AM   #566
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
Actually, I would like this to be wrapped up somehow, instead of just closed too, since it has too much potential to just be abandoned. If the others want this to continue as well, than I'll do my best to post here and maybe we could make that summer deadline work. So if you decide to go on with this, you can count me in.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:01 AM   #567
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well, let's see...part of me would like to see this game finished, but the sensible part says, I'm not connected at all with the characters. My posts will be flat. But...if more people are going to get back into it, I think I will be willing to try to regain contact with my character and play, too. Play well, at that.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #568
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I really can't say how much time I can dedicate but this semester really isn't too bad (as long as I make it through this month alive)... I really love the characters involved here so I think I could get back into it. Though part of me doesn't want to finish it and kill them off.

So, if we start this back up, I am here.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:12 PM   #569
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

If it's going to be finished, then the players really need to start writing on the game now.

Can you come to an agreement who needs to post now and please get that done.

~*~ Pio
Old 02-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #570
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sending this thread to Elvenhome.

Both the Discussion Thread and the Game Thread may be resurrected by PM'ing the Elvenhome Moderator.

~*~ Pio