Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #161
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I will be ready to enter with Gror whenever I'm needed.

If you would like I could do a post about leaving the Lonely Mountain and setting out for Moria. But I didn't think for this "tale" that would be necessary...?

Legate, check your PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:01 AM   #162
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Ok, now we only need Kath and Ilya to post. It's going fine!

Himaran (do you have a nickname btw? ) - wasn't your character's name Dalin, not Dwalin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
If you would like I could do a post about leaving the Lonely Mountain and setting out for Moria. But I didn't think for this "tale" that would be necessary...?
Well, it wouldn't fit there as such... but you could write Gror's musings and memories about it in some (not necessarily the first) post of yours. Just see and do what seems fit.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:05 AM   #163
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Thinlómien: Yes, yes it is indeed... hmm thanks for pointing that out - post has been edited.

As for a nickname, you can just call me Him, which is amusing but honestly it's what people usually resort to. Or you can make something up.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:54 PM   #164
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
All right, I have posted for Óin now and it is up to Boro to continue on with this part of the plot. I see it the way that eventually, news will be brought into Moria about the new threat: but for now, I think there is time to go on with the celebration, resp. with Balin's body being carried in, and with the reaction of everybody on that.

I may post for Onli in concern with the celebration now yet, but that's not the most important thing. We'll see.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 12-03-2008, 11:33 AM   #165
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Posted. Our meeting is finished Legate, if I need to change anything, let me know.

I didn't know when you wanted the Orcs to get to the East Gate, I just had Gror say he suspects they would be on top of the dwarves by nightfall. Next, I can have Gror see that a skirmish had just taken place near the Mirrormere, and learn about Balin's death. But anyway, Groin, whenever you're ready to have Gror give Tror the dire news, he's ready.

Last edited by Boromir88; 12-03-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:41 AM   #166
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Great posts everyone, glad to see that Him, Ilya and Boro haven't left us. Excellent posts, and well worth the wait.

Boro, whenever you want to talk to Tror that would be alright. I'm getting a post up for him. If it's alright I'm going to have the group of nobles stand for a moment outside the Eastern-Gate, it will not be a pleasant task anouncing the death of Balin.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:55 AM   #167
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Posted. Our meeting is finished Legate, if I need to change anything, let me know.
Looks great, Boro! Only one thing, maybe, since you asked about it - if you could change the mark after "That is a threat indeed." into an exclamation mark. Just to give Óin's reaction a bit of a less "casual" tone.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 12-03-2008, 12:09 PM   #168
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Alright, I'm done. The lone figure coming up the rode is Gror, but Tror does not know it and has asked if Ori could stay and give the news to who they think is Oin coming up the road.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:17 PM   #169
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Alright, I'm done. The lone figure coming up the rode is Gror, but Tror does not know it and has asked if Ori could stay and give the news to who they think is Oin coming up the road.
Nice scheming and overall - great posts everybody.

I will write something for Ori tomorrow and something for Vigdis as soon as the news have arrived and people have started wailing so much that she can hear it and come to see what's happening. (Ooh... I know I'm terribly evil but I can't wait to get to write her reaction! )

And lastly, in case someone is wondering about our last missing player, I've been talking with Kath and she's terribly busy with RL but she's aware this is going on and will post as soon as she can.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:14 PM   #170
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I have filled in my save though it took longer to do so than I had wanted. I do apologize for that.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:34 PM   #171
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Lilly

So, I posted. Let me know if I need to edit anything. I tried to keep within the bounds of how Vitr is looking at and thinking of Lys. And in keeping with our PM discussion.

-- Arry
Old 12-04-2008, 12:29 AM   #172
Lilly
Haunting Spirit

Lilly has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Looks just fine, Arry!!

I'll fill in my SAVE tomorrow that brings the Silverfists back together.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:31 AM   #173
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Kath has asked us to wait with the big scheme of things before she posts, so let's not bring the news of Balin's death before she has written something for her characters. From what she said I assume she will try to post in a couple of hours from now, so it's not a big delay at any rate.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:45 AM   #174
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I've left it for you to carry on, Boro. I assume Ori would take Gror to Tror. You can make him act a bit nicer and present himself, I should think he should have calmed down by those last words of his.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:36 AM   #175
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Groin,

When I posted, I had no realized that Tror would be second in command, after Balin, and therefore now Lord of Moria. If you think it appropriate, I can edit my post and have it reflect that position with how Kenan addresses him.

-- Folwren
Old 12-04-2008, 11:30 AM   #176
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Right! I'm finally there. Sorry it took me so long - this week was just ... insane.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:29 PM   #177
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wow, when sun goes down, things get active in the Downs. I'm going to have to catch up on some of y'all's posts.

Quote:
Kath- Nisa might have a crush on Hepti, would that be fine. *smiley*
What was I saying here? I just found remembered that I said this, I must have confused Hepti with your Svori character, Kath. That's really embarrassing, I have to read posts more carefully next time, sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
When I posted, I had no realized that Tror would be second in command, after Balin, and therefore now Lord of Moria. If you think it appropriate, I can edit my post and have it reflect that position with how Kenan addresses him.
I don't think that Tror has realized that this is so. Balin has only been dead for so short a time and he would most likely snap at anyone who called him lord before Balin was properly buried. Leave things the way they are, Folwren, I'm sure it's fine.

I'll get a post up tonight for Tror and Nisa. Since Kath has already posted (yeah!) is it alright if we announce the death of Balin?
Old 12-04-2008, 01:34 PM   #178
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Haha oops Groin! Well Nisa can like Svori maybe?

Yep, yep I'm fine for you to go ahead and bring Balin in now.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:18 PM   #179
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Haha oops Groin! Well Nisa can like Svori maybe?
Isn't his name Svior, not Svori?

And it is fine by me too to bring Balin in now.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:59 PM   #180
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Oh no! I wrote it as Svior the first time and went and changed it in my post - fool. I'll go back and edit it later. It is Svior.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:03 PM   #181
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I've got my post up, Balin's death is now known to the colony. I tried to make the post proper, fitting to what a soldier might say.

Great post for Onli, Legate. Who was that other character you wrote for? I couldn't find the person on your character list.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #182
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I've clarified that, Groin. Vriti is a ferret - the pet of Onli.

~*~ Pio
Old 12-05-2008, 11:00 AM   #183
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thanks Pio, I'll remember that.

Nice post Boro, I like the way that you filled in Ori's reactions, they seem very typical for a dwarf in those circumstances. Should I wait for you to write about Gror finding Tror?
Old 12-06-2008, 02:44 AM   #184
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up

Groin

I'm a long time fan of Star Trek. I got a chuckle out of reading this in your post:

The needs of many out weigh the needs of a few, or of one

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982) -

Spock: "... logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few".
Kirk: "Or the one".

Love it!!

--------------------------------

Lilly

I posted the initial reaction of the twins and Vitr re: Lord Balin's death

Ball in your court again!

Old 12-06-2008, 10:57 PM   #185
Lilly
Haunting Spirit

Lilly has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Great post, Arry!

I think I'll wait 'til more of the Dwarves have said their farewells to Lord Balin and are beginning to disperse a bit from the Chamber before I pick up with what happens when Lys and the twins get home.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:31 PM   #186
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arry View Post
Groin

I'm a long time fan of Star Trek. I got a chuckle out of reading this in your post:

The needs of many out weigh the needs of a few, or of one

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982) -

Spock: "... logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few".
Kirk: "Or the one".

Love it!!

Thanks Arry, I'm glad someone recognized where all that was from.

Everything is coming along splendidly! I probably won't post for Tror until Gror finds him, Nali and Nisa will be next (Tror will be standing next to Balin's body for future references).
Old 12-07-2008, 02:24 PM   #187
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thumbs up

Everyone/Anyone

Vitr will be standing about in the chamber where where Lord Balin lies for a while - please feel free to come up to him and open a conversation with him.

-- Arry
Old 12-07-2008, 05:47 PM   #188
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Arry, I went ahead and had Kenan ask him something.

Kitanna, I don't know what you were planning on putting into your save. Very hopefully, I have not ruined anything for you. I haven't done anything drastic.

-- Foley
Old 12-07-2008, 08:17 PM   #189
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post

Kitanna, I don't know what you were planning on putting into your save. Very hopefully, I have not ruined anything for you. I haven't done anything drastic.

-- Foley
No, I checked out your post and it in no way ruins what I was going to put in.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:00 AM   #190
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Great job, people.

I'll try to post for Vigdis soon, but I'm afraid "soon" means Wednesday...
Old 12-08-2008, 09:01 AM   #191
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Groin, I will be pretty busy the rest of the week, so if you'd like to keep things moving along, you can write in Gror informing Tror. If it wouldn't be a bother to you.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:35 PM   #192
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

All done Boro, although I think I rushed it and made things move along faster than needed. What do you think? Also, how is your character? Let me know if I wrote something wrong, or if you want to write for him instead.

Ilya, Nisa has approached Adela. She thinks Adela looks sick, but this could also be from what Nisa is feeling, you decide.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:39 AM   #193
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I made a save because I doubt I can get anything done as soon as I'd like to. I'm pretty clear on what I'm going to write for Vigdis, but I have to negotiate with Legate before I can write for Ori (obviously, I need to know when Óin's coming back).
Old 12-09-2008, 11:33 AM   #194
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

I really couldn't post anything lately, and I am afraid that if I don't post by today or tomorrow, then I won't post again until the start of next week. But I hoped that there is still time for all the Dwarves to pay their respect to Balin or whatever. We are probably going to discuss this with Lommy yet, but my general idea was that Óin will come just with the Orc army at his heels. And I would think the others are not going to just sit there and wait anyway (after all, they don't know, Óin may be dead as well).
Old 12-09-2008, 01:54 PM   #195
Ilya
Wight

Ilya has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Groin, that's fine. I don't think Adela would admit it, though.

Will try to post something by the end of the day, but no promises, alas.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:38 PM   #196
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I've edited my save into a post for Ori. I will write for Vigdis tomorrow.

Just a quick question (or two, actually, no, three ) for you, Groin - if the council is to be held at the East Gate, does that mean that they're going to hold it outside, where Ori and the door guards are now? Also, Gror's supposed to take part in it, isn't he? And lastly, is that what you're going to write about next? Because, I have an idea (just a small one, though) how Ori would greet Tror and I'd like to write it...
Old 12-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #197
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nice fill, Kitanna! I'm looking forward to see how everyone else fills in their saves.

Okay, question and answering time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
if the council is to be held at the East Gate, does that mean that they're going to hold it outside, where Ori and the door guards are now?
Yes, the guards will be dismissed to the inner chamber so that the dwarves can get a look at the ground that they will be fighting on. I think that this is what a soldier would do, what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Also, Gror's supposed to take part in it, isn't he?
Yes, Gror has only told Tror very little, and Gror will need to give a full accounting to him and the other dwarves gathered there. I was hoping that Boro could do this, that's why I didn't make him say to much to Tror in my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
And lastly, is that what you're going to write about next? Because, I have an idea (just a small one, though) how Ori would greet Tror and I'd like to write it...
I'll probably stall a little while for Boro to get done with whatever is so hectic in RL. I'll notify you in a days advance if that's what you want. Were you thinking about writing Ori's greeting after Tror has arrived or would you be the one introducing Tror coming out of Khazad-dum? Either one is perfectly alright by me if it makes you happy.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:59 PM   #198
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
I'll probably stall a little while for Boro to get done with whatever is so hectic in RL. I'll notify you in a days advance if that's what you want. Were you thinking about writing Ori's greeting after Tror has arrived or would you be the one introducing Tror coming out of Khazad-dum? Either one is perfectly alright by me if it makes you happy.
Ooh, Groin, you gave me a magnificient idea...!!! Well, it will suffice if I say that what I had in mind is what he would say to Trór immediately when he sees him and now I just got an idea for an addition...

I think that all in all, your plans make sense. I just wanted to be sure.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:15 PM   #199
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

All right, so, for me, it's like I said - I will fill the saves either tomorrow (at least partially) or by the beginning of the next week; and there's probably nothing in which Onli or Óin would interfere with the others (Óin is going to come right before the army, and I would like to write one post about it there before it happens, and I presume things won't go that fast so that the Orcs would be to come before next Monday? ( ). Because, I think anyway, people would like to post something for their characters, if somebody hadn't already, and perhaps something more where they could portray their characters or interact with others just a little bit.

In either case, we'll see - the main thing is what I said at the beginning, and I will try to fill my save. Groin, if I am not around to post, feel free to handle Lóni together with Náli, they are brothers after all - and thanks for doing it anyway, good job. (As soon as this week ends, it will be hopefully a lot better with me posting.)
Old 12-09-2008, 10:20 PM   #200
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Lovely writing everyone!

Just wanted to note that I have filled in my save for post # 37 near the bottom of the first game thread page.

- Him