Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2008, 01:14 PM   #241
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I have PMed Gwathagor, Folwren, so Frar and Tror will make it to the council soon. They'll probably begin the discussion as soon as they arrive, just go ahead and get Kenan to the council whenever, it might actually be fun if he showed up late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arry View Post
What a bomb to drop on poor Vitr!

I'll see what I can come up with for the sure-to-be duty-torn Dwarf.
Indeed, I wonder if the Dwarves have the draft instituted.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:05 PM   #242
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Tror and Frar are on their way to the council. If you'd like them actually in the chamber itself, I can arrange that.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:30 PM   #243
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Tror and Frar are on their way to the council. If you'd like them actually in the chamber itself, I can arrange that.
That was perfect Gwath, excellent bit of writing! I love the way you have them talking like old friends! I'll go ahead and write something for Tror tomorrow that will bring him and Frar to the East-Gate, but first I'll put something up for Nisa. Thanks again Gwathagor.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:31 PM   #244
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
That was perfect Gwath, excellent bit of writing! I love the way you have them talking like old friends!
War does that to people.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #245
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I've edited my post from yesterday for Tror. The council will begin soon, right after Lommy shows us what her small little plan was. Even if it is a sentence I would still be excited!
Old 12-26-2008, 12:28 AM   #246
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I put up a save that I'll fill in tomorrow. Then I'll be away from computer access for at least a week and a half, but probably more.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:58 AM   #247
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
I've edited my post from yesterday for Tror. The council will begin soon, right after Lommy shows us what her small little plan was. Even if it is a sentence I would still be excited!
The council should be very interesting. Have I said that before? I hope we can start it soon.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:17 AM   #248
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Mmmm, sorry, Christmas has kept me busy. I will post today. But after that, I feel there might be another week of not participating very much... and after that, I should really be able to concentrate on this again.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:04 AM   #249
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Mmmm, sorry, Christmas has kept me busy. I will post today. But after that, I feel there might be another week of not participating very much... and after that, I should really be able to concentrate on this again.
Seconded I am not sure if I will be able to post today, but if I can, I will... but I doubt as I am quite busy even now... But I will try to do my best, and also in the future (although even in the week after the 5th I could be quite busy with finishing some things for the end of semester at school, but perhaps some RPGing will refresh me a bit in course of that ).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 12-28-2008, 03:55 PM   #250
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
There you have it, Groin, nothing special. Now you may carry on and Trór may start the council...
Old 12-28-2008, 05:26 PM   #251
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Sorry about the short post, but I had to stick something in there for Frar.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:53 AM   #252
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Sorry about the short post, but I had to stick something in there for Frar.
My philosophy (which I never follow myself ) is "better a short post than no post at all".
Old 12-29-2008, 11:23 AM   #253
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wonderful posts Lommy and Gwath, this really puts Tror in an embarrassing situation. I'll get my post up for him as soon as possible now that everyone is there, but I think I'll get a post up for the beginning of the council a little later, I need to post the agenda here in the discussion thread so that y'all know what we plan to go over.

Arry, I saw your save, nice little surprise you had for us there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
My philosophy (which I never follow myself) is "better a short post than no post at all".
Exactly, don't just fall off the end of the earth!
Old 12-29-2008, 12:44 PM   #254
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Just want to let everyone know that I will probably be gone January 4th-11th and will be without internet access at all at least for the later half of that week. Sorry, I know that is a good bit of time.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:55 PM   #255
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I have put up a post for Tror. I was divided on how I should write his response, should he thank Ori and accept his duty as king, or refuse it. On a second look of his character bio I think that this would probably the better choice but I don't know. What do y'all think, should I change some of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Just want to let everyone know that I will probably be gone January 4th-11th and will be without internet access at all at least for the later half of that week. Sorry, I know that is a good bit of time.
Have fun on your trip, Durelin. I'll be gone from the 10th of January to the 12th, school is starting back up so I think that this thread might slow down a bit.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:22 PM   #256
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I will be able to fill in my save tomorrow afternoon-ish, right now I'm just dead tired.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:43 PM   #257
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Here's a list of some of the things that are possible for the council to discuss. Let me know if you there is anything else that they should discuss.

Agenda For The Council
~The most obvious of all: the number of Orcs that the Dwarves are facing. This includes how well armed the Orcs are and if Trolls or Wargs accompany them.

~Discern how long the Dwarves have before the Orcs reach Khazad-Dum.

~Strategize: make a plan on how the Dwarves should be set up in lines of battle. If there are to be any complicated maneuvers that need to be done this is the point where you bring those ideas forward.

~Don't forget that the majority of Dwarves fighting here will be undisciplined. This, of course, not meaning that the Dwarves won't be trained in warfare, just not to the extent that the regular soldiers are. The subject on how the unskilled Dwarves should be used can also be brought forward(Oin has already found the armory of the Third-Deep, so there should be no problem in supplying all these Dwarves).

~Back up plan(optional).

~Figure out what to do about the current state of affair that the colony is in.

~Finally, execute the orders and prepare the colony for a state of war!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I will be able to fill in my save tomorrow afternoon-ish, right now I'm just dead tired.
Great, then any one can post their comments for their characters for the council.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:16 PM   #258
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Do you mind if Kénan makes some noise sometime during the council? I've no idea how I'll bring it in, but this idea has been stirring ever since my post with Arry's character, Vitr. It may interrupt things and stir ill will. Adding interesting conflic.

-- Foley
Old 12-31-2008, 10:34 AM   #259
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Saves been filled in. I hope Gror's left enough to talk about, and Groin the decision is of course up to Tror, to accept or not.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:30 PM   #260
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Saves been filled in. I hope Gror's left enough to talk about, and Groin the decision is of course up to Tror, to accept or not.
Sounds good Boro88, very nicely done. Though don't think that your part is done in the council just because you made your intro, I suspect that you will be the one whom everyone will refer to when it comes to information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foley
Do you mind if Kénan makes some noise sometime during the council? I've no idea how I'll bring it in, but this idea has been stirring ever since my post with Arry's character, Vitr. It may interrupt things and stir ill will. Adding interesting conflic.

-- Foley
I was hoping someone would do this! I'm going to try awfully hard for Tror to stay on Kenan's good side, I don't want this to turn out like Thornden and Erbrand.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:41 PM   #261
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
I suspect that you will be the one whom everyone will refer to when it comes to information. ~Groin
No problem. I was going to have some 'random' dwarves muttering and asking whether more of Gror's folks from the north would be coming down. But, decided to save that for if and when anyone wanted to ask.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:53 AM   #262
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
I was hoping someone would do this! I'm going to try awfully hard for Tror to stay on Kenan's good side, I don't want this to turn out like Thornden and Erbrand.
Oh, well, without trying to give TOO much away, I'll just say that you'll be lucky if it doesn't.

EDIT: I posted. It occurred to me that since all of the dwarves will be dying in this game anyway, it wouldn't be too amiss if one dwarf were killed because he caused trouble within the tribe. It would be insanely interesting if this struggle with the orcs began with an execution of a dwarf.

-- Foley

Last edited by Folwren; 01-03-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:53 PM   #263
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nice post Folwren, Tror will do his best to contain himself. I will think the matter through tonight and get a post up tomorrow. Durelin, if you want to chime in with Kenan on the matter before tomorrow that will be alright with me. It doesn't have to be much.

EDIT: Folwren mentioned something about Kenan standing up, I just wanted to explain what the situation is for the council. Everyone is probably sitting except for those who are speaking and a square stone table is in the middle of the circle of chairs that holds a map of the Dimrill Dale. There are also around six chosen soldiers to stand guard holding torches for light. Just something I thought that you should know.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:09 AM   #264
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Couldn't resist making some noise anyway. Korin will certainly come to Kenan's defense on "the matter" though she did not chime in on it yet.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:50 PM   #265
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Very nice Durelin, but I am afraid Tror is going to have to ignore you for the moment but never fear, he does want to know who your curious female is. My post is up. Just know that although Tror has expressed some views on how he is disliking the conversation, I, as the writer, am thoroughly enjoying it!

I tried to soften the hateful words that Tror is spewing at Kenan, Folwren, but I am afraid that I didn't succeed with him keeping his calm. Still, it's not as bad as it could have gone, I can see the two becoming friends again (that means that Kenan probably won't be executed unless he does something really bad).
Old 01-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #266
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
I tried to soften the hateful words that Tror is spewing at Kenan, Folwren, but I am afraid that I didn't succeed with him keeping his calm. Still, it's not as bad as it could have gone, I can see the two becoming friends again (that means that Kenan probably won't be executed unless he does something really bad).
I thought that we had decided that Kenan and Tror would often bump heads, so to speak. I admire your effort to try to make peace, but I don't know if it'll work. I'll try to make Kenan not do something really bad.

-- Foley
Old 01-04-2009, 03:01 PM   #267
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I thought that we had decided that Kenan and Tror would often bump heads, so to speak.
Did we, I'm sorry I forgot. Never fear, I can easily make Tror hate Kenan! Thanks Folwren.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:06 PM   #268
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Yeah, it was your older dwarf, Nali, I think, who we decided would get along better with Kenan, since his personality was different than my dwarf's.

I'm sure it will be very easy for Tror to hate Kenan, if that's how strong we want the dislike to be. This could be very amusing.

-- Foley
Old 01-05-2009, 04:09 PM   #269
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I once again apologize for the bit of inactivity (as announced), however now I am back and in the further days I should have time to look and properly read what had been posted over the New Year and to add something for myself
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-06-2009, 07:34 AM   #270
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Saves filled in, I doubt Gror was of much help to anyone.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:15 PM   #271
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Palantir-Green

I'm back too and I have read the thread. Seems like things have been going on nicely. I will post as soon as I manage, which means either tomorrow or the day after it, depending on when I'm having work.

Just one quick comment here, though. People are getting rather confusing in their uses of ´ in names. You should stay consistent on how your characters' names are spelt. And since I'm on the topic, I may also add that Ori's name is Ori, not Óri.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #272
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Just one quick comment here, though. People are getting rather confusing in their uses of ´ in names. You should stay consistent on how your characters' names are spelt. And since I'm on the topic, I may also add that Ori's name is Ori, not Óri.
I've been having the exact same thought. Here's something helpful, there...

If you press Alt and then certain numbers on your number pad, to the right of your keyboard, you get to make fancy letters. For instance:

Alt 0233 = é

and

Alt 0243 = ó

Which are both useful for me, especially in the disagreement between Kénan and Trór. Other number codes can be found in the thread Resources for RPGs, which is one of the Sticky threads on the Shire forum. Go and check it out.

-- Foley
Old 01-07-2009, 05:42 PM   #273
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

You can expect me to concentrate on this on Friday...
Old 01-08-2009, 03:59 PM   #274
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Great save Boro88, I love the conflicting nature of Gror. I have something up my sleeve for him later on. Hey Folwren, nice post for Kénan, sorry that he didn't have a chance to respond. Though, even if he didn't, that outburst was fun and has opened up some potentially interesting posts. Maybe it will be Trór's turn before long to voice against Kénan in the council.

Legate, Nisa has proposed that she and Onli go to the East-Gate to find Trór. If you accept the offer they could either interrupt the council (seeing as they don't know that there is a council) or they could eavesdrop. Although Onli might have an idea of his own.

Looking forward to your post Lommy!
Old 01-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #275
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Legate, Nisa has proposed that she and Onli go to the East-Gate to find Trór. If you accept the offer they could either interrupt the council (seeing as they don't know that there is a council) or they could eavesdrop. Although Onli might have an idea of his own.
Yea, as you can see, I have already posted for Onli, and I actually have some idea that could do either after the council ends, or if Onli and Nisa interrupted close to the end of it. But for now, we can just as well put them on ice - at least myself, I wish to focus tomorrow at last on the Council itself, read it properly, and hopefully post something for Lóni. Tomorrow I shall at last have time, for the first time after Christmas, to post something sensible. And I think I will as well post about Óin, when I am at it. But very nice post for Nisa, Groin, I liked that and as you see, it caused immediate inspiration and way to move on with the thing
Old 01-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #276
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Hey Folwren, nice post for Kénan, sorry that he didn't have a chance to respond. Though, even if he didn't, that outburst was fun and has opened up some potentially interesting posts. Maybe it will be Trór's turn before long to voice against Kénan in the council.
Ha! That should be interesting! I am pretty confident that I can promise an answer from Kénan - a sharp one at that - if Trór says something. hehehe.

-- Foley
Old 01-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #277
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I'm sorry I wasn't able to post like I promised - I was just so tired that I took a nap instead of writing in the time I had reserved for this RPG. I should be able to write tomorrow and on Sunday, and possibly even today. I want to write for both of my characters, and also, I shall reply to your PM, Groin.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:38 PM   #278
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Palantir-Green

I'll be gone until Sunday evening on a trip down to the coast, so don't be surprised if my characters lay low for the weekend.

Legate, feel free to carry Nisa and Onli to whatever end you want to. Your turn to come up with something creative. If not I'll get something up by Monday.

Whatever happened to the discussion between Arry and Lilly? Don't we at least get to know if it's a boy or a girl!

P.S. I'm still looking forward to that Save, Lommy. I expect it to be filled in by the time I get back, or else!
Old 01-10-2009, 03:30 PM   #279
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

My plans got messed up once again since I had to work two hours on overtime today. Not nice. I'll try to post anyway but it's already half past eleven here so I might not manage...
Old 01-10-2009, 06:34 PM   #280
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I filled the save. It ended up being pretty short because I was distracted. Ilya, Vigdis has addressed Adela. Vyra, I suppose, is one of the older cooks. You can continue in any way you want to from there.

I'll post for Ori tomorrow.