Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2009, 06:16 PM   #321
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Those posts were masterful, everyone! I loved every one of them! I will get posts up for all three of my characters sometime soon; also, I will post Tror's battle plans in my next post.

Legate, if it is alright with you, Nisa will probably hold on to Vitr. She's been quite taken with him.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:19 PM   #322
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Legate, if it is alright with you, Nisa will probably hold on to Vitr. She's been quite taken with him.
Her. And it's Vriti. Vitr is that father over there, like I said already before

But yes, of course, she may. Like I said, she's feel for grabbing.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-31-2009, 01:03 PM   #323
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Her. And it's Vriti. Vitr is that father over there, like I said already before
I pride myself on not remembering things.

I'm afraid that my post for Trór will take too long to write up for me to put in with my other two characters. His plans are coming soon, though! Sorry to keep y'all waiting.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:30 PM   #324
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
I pride myself on not remembering things.
You remember them well, you are just bad in arranging which of them belong to what

But well done with Nisa and Náli - I will post Onli's response there soon, very soon, I hope.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 02-01-2009, 12:50 PM   #325
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
*waits expectantly how Onli will slither himself out of it*

I will post for Vigdis soon. (Ilya, you may post before me if you will. ) I have a feeling none of the three feels particularily chatty though, so it could be interesting...
Old 02-01-2009, 04:29 PM   #326
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I have a feeling none of the three feels particularily chatty though, so it could be interesting...
Yeah...I tried to think of something for Kor to say but it felt wrong for him to really say anything! Adela and Kor both seem pretty shy...yes, will be interesting indeed!
Old 02-02-2009, 07:40 AM   #327
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Yeah...I tried to think of something for Kor to say but it felt wrong for him to really say anything! Adela and Kor both seem pretty shy...yes, will be interesting indeed!
Yep, those two are shy and given her personal history, Vigdis should be seriously depressed right now... But hmmm... I think she's a bit obsessed about not being weak (that was not my original purpose but that just happened ) so maybe she can even start some silly chatter... we'll see.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:32 AM   #328
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I don't mean to be rude...but, please, can we figure out what needs to happen so we can speed this council along?

-- Folwren
Old 02-02-2009, 12:38 PM   #329
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I don't mean to be rude...but, please, can we figure out what needs to happen so we can speed this council along?
How rude, Folwren, gosh! No problem, the battle plans are up. Tror isn't a skilled strategist, but he does know tactics, so if someone wants to add some clever strategy that they can use in the battle that is more than welcomed.

Also, we need to figure out which members of the council go ahead to battle with the regulars, and who needs to stay behind to muster the militia. I wrote that Tror wants to go with his regulars, but this might conflict with his duty as the Lord of Moria. Some might see his duty as staying behind and breaking the news to colony and organizing them, instead of leaving other people to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Yeah...I tried to think of something for Kor to say but it felt wrong for him to really say anything!
The soldiers should have reached the others by now and there should be a great commotion in the hall. That could be something to talk about: the view of the common Dwarf on what is happening.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #330
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
You know, Groin, you might do well to look up a few websites on the use of archaic language.

Here are a couple, I hope they help!

http://www.designersnotebook.com/Col...c_language.htm
http://www.kjv-only.com/theethou.html
Old 02-02-2009, 04:50 PM   #331
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thanks Gwath! I had a feeling that I things weren't in context with the rest of the sentence. I'll look at that!
Old 02-04-2009, 01:04 PM   #332
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ha! I did it! Now you will have to post for Loni, Legate. When he responds I will get some of Nali's thoughts on the table. Also, I am interested to see how the rest of the council will think, so go on and post if you beat me to it.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:33 PM   #333
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Alright, I must admit I haven't been following things for a few days, but it looks like it's going nicely. I'll read it all tomorrow and hopefully post (and reply PMs).

By the way, I had a dream of this RPG last night: I dreamt that Onli was Lóni's bastard son ( but you know, it must be the similarity of the names ) and thus somehow the rightful heir of Balin. It was interesting...
Old 02-04-2009, 02:02 PM   #334
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Ha! I did it! Now you will have to post for Loni, Legate.
All right, all right, but I am in a bit of busy days right now, so don't expect that from me rightaway... hopefully on Friday, after my exam, if I manage to do all things I should have done but could not do because of it... and I still have a post for Óin pending somewhere... huh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
By the way, I had a dream of this RPG last night: I dreamt that Onli was Lóni's bastard son ( but you know, it must be the similarity of the names ) and thus somehow the rightful heir of Balin. It was interesting...
Well, now that would be an interesting situation - Onli would probably welcome it...
Old 02-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #335
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

That's OK Legate, I didn't expect an immediate response. This gives others a chance to post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
That would be interesting. Does that mean that Vriti (yehaw, got it right!) is the next in line to the throne?
Old 02-05-2009, 02:07 PM   #336
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Durelin and Ilya, whichever one of you may continue from it now. I hope you have something to add. But if not, I think Vigdis is in the mood that she can continue.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:52 PM   #337
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Please remember that all Out of Character comments should be posted here and not on the RPG thread.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 02-06-2009, 05:45 PM   #338
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hear that Legate? You got us in trouble.

I'll get another post up for Tror tonight, or definitely tomorrow.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:25 PM   #339
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm hoping to fill my save by mid-week.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:40 PM   #340
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Yay! I'm looking forward to it.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:10 PM   #341
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sorry I've been a bit busy lately, but I will soon get a post up...and the busy-ness should be dying down for me a little here as the week progresses...though who knows...
Old 02-08-2009, 04:01 PM   #342
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Very nice post Folwren. Kenan is quite the smooth talker. If the council sides with him than we best call out miners soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
I'm hoping to fill my save by mid-week.
Good, I love your posts concerning the children.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:36 PM   #343
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Woah, Groin! Kénan is not going to agree with what Trór just said! Prepare ye for another fierce post! Well...maybe not too fierce, but at least one of disagreement. I hope you don't mind. If you do, let me know, and I won't post.

I don't know when I'll get a chance. This evening or tomorrow morning, I'm not sure when. I'm not putting up a save. Anyone can write anything if they get there first.

-- Foley
Old 02-09-2009, 08:07 PM   #344
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Woah, Groin! Kénan is not going to agree with what Trór just said! Prepare ye for another fierce post! Well...maybe not too fierce, but at least one of disagreement. I hope you don't mind. If you do, let me know, and I won't post.
By all means, please do post! I was actually afraid that my arguing might look too repetitive. This is becoming very fun!

I'll get a response up to Kénan as soon as you post for him, Folwren. I think I'll get something up for Nisa as well.

Still looking forward to that Save Kitanna and Legate.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:22 PM   #345
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Throw 'im in prison! Punch 'im in the nose! Tell him to shut up! Do whatever you want. I've posted.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:10 AM   #346
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Still looking forward to that Save Kitanna and Legate.
I know... but, you see, I will formulate it in one word: Busy.

On Friday, I hope, on Friday it should be there...
Old 02-10-2009, 11:18 AM   #347
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

All right, so I filled the save, but there is really almost nothing. But I will keep posting... just right now, like I said, I've been a bit busy... and still I am, in a way.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:07 PM   #348
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

There is a "save" sorta within my post to add something for Kor later (because I have to go to class soon), but that is only a save if Ilya does not post to continue the little drinking party in the meantime. (Meaning - post away and do not wait for me to fill in for Kor!)
Old 02-11-2009, 11:50 AM   #349
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hey, look! It's midweek, about. If we're lucky, maybe Kitanna will post today. (<--- hopeful grins)
Old 02-11-2009, 12:09 PM   #350
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

My post is now up. Tror has put his dispute, with Kenan, to an end. I'm really sorry that I wrote this, but I flipped the coin and that's what it came up as. If you want me to put a less consequential punishment for Kenan, Folwren, I would be happy to do so. I felt really bad about writing it, since you are such a great writer and likable person. Please let me know if I should edit anything!

Legate, Nisa wants to leave Onli. Whether Onli wants her to stay or go is entirely up to you. I'm perfectly satisfied either way.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:30 PM   #351
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
My post is now up. Tror has put his dispute, with Kenan, to an end. I'm really sorry that I wrote this, but I flipped the coin and that's what it came up as. If you want me to put a less consequential punishment for Kenan, Folwren, I would be happy to do so. I felt really bad about writing it, since you are such a great writer and likable person. Please let me know if I should edit anything!
Oh, heck, NO! Don't change it, it was great! I wasn't expecting that, but I think it's fine. And it's no reflection on me personally, so I'm good. It will add certain interest to the story, I am sure. I won't be leaving the RPG just because my character was thrown out of the council, so you'll still be seeing my posts. lol.

-- Foley
Old 02-11-2009, 05:36 PM   #352
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Groin, I have to disappoint you, I haven't posted for Onli yet, but I will do that as soon as possible. Meanwhile, I hope the post for Óin will be sufficient. That should be the last from him until he arrives to Moria. If there is need to change anything, just inform me.

And I also hope more people will post! That also means, I hope the events will move a bit, so that everybody can post...
Old 02-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #353
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I was much further behind on reading for this than I thought. So I moved my save so I could be up to date with my post. I have no work and no school tomorrow, so sometime tomorrow I'll fill it in.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:30 PM   #354
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I will get a post up, either today or tomorrow, to finish Tror's thought on keeping Korin.

Quote:
Groin, I have to disappoint you, I haven't posted for Onli yet, but I will do that as soon as possible. Meanwhile, I hope the post for Óin will be sufficient. That should be the last from him until he arrives to Moria.
No problems, Legate; that post was more than enough to keep me entertained. Tror will be leaving soon, along with whomever wants to come, to see if they can find Óin. Great job on your descriptions; I love the fact that you keep reiterating the fact that Óin doesn't know that Balin is dead.

I can't wait to see your post, Kitanna!

I am currently trying to contact Lilly and Arry; I really miss their posts (I also miss a few other players posts who shall remain nameless ). Do any of y'all know of a way to get to them, other than PMing?
Old 02-12-2009, 09:25 PM   #355
Kitanna
Child of the West

I filled in my save.

I had Iari leave her house in search of companionship. I was wondering if she could go to the Silverfists since Tíva and Tív are around her age. Of course that depends upon what Lilly and Arry are planning.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:28 PM   #356
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Kitanna -

I replied to your PM as soon as I got on and THEN I saw that you had already gone ahead and posted. Good! That's pretty much what I said to do in my PM...

I like Kéni. He's a brave boy. Very brave indeed.

I'll post tomorrow, hopefully. No promises, though - have unexpected homework to accomplish tomorrow. So we'll see.

-- Folwren
Old 02-13-2009, 04:29 PM   #357
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

All right. Groin, I made it so that it's on your choice if Nisa is still around or if she disappeared when Onli was thinking. Folwren & Kit, you may choose if Kénan or Kéni notice Onli and/or mind him overhearing their "private family discussion".
Old 02-13-2009, 05:06 PM   #358
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
All right. Groin, I made it so that it's on your choice if Nisa is still around or if she disappeared when Onli was thinking. Folwren & Kit, you may choose if Kénan or Kéni notice Onli and/or mind him overhearing their "private family discussion".
I could go either way, honestly. Onli does overhear and the other two notice then Iari can have her own little adventure.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:15 PM   #359
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
All right. Groin, I made it so that it's on your choice if Nisa is still around or if she disappeared when Onli was thinking.
Thanks Legate, I will get a post up tomorrow for my three characters.

The council is concluded; so, feel free to post for your characters on its outcome. Tror will stay behind a minute to talk to Korin, who he asked to stay, before he organizes a scouting party to see if they can find Oin. Gwath & Lommy, would you like to be a part of that foray?

Nali will first talk to Onli, and then go to the first hall and organize the regulars. If you don't want to go on the scouting mission, Lommy, it would be Ori's duty to break the news to the colony. However, I assume that the nobles can pitch in to help now that Balin is gone.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:17 PM   #360
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I've been terribly busy and from tomorrow on I'm going to be without a net access until weekend, so this is not looking very good for my posting... But I'll post on Friday or Saturday.

Groin - Ori is definitely worried about Óin and feels he should be the one to break the news to him BUT he's no scout and he feels he's too old for prancing around like that (never mind the fact that Óin is actually older than him ) and would maybe rather take some other duty.