Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2005, 04:12 PM   #761
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
On second thought, I will move my post to the end of the series, just before Merisu's defiance. There will be something happening at the very end of my post which will weaken, but only slightly, the hold Mogul has on the visions of all the others, which will make Merisu's breaking of the spell a bit less, well, Mary-Sue-ish. I hope that's OK.

============

OK the post is now up. Any objections can be edited away as needed.

Thenamir

Last edited by Thenamir; 04-19-2005 at 10:59 PM. Reason: updated with new info
Old 04-20-2005, 12:45 AM   #762
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Bravo - well done, Thena! Gatesy's vision of Merisu as his wife cracked me up, and the vision of punishment was hilarious too - shades of Beren in the flashback...

I have accordingly moved my post for Merisu to the end, so we're all set for your post, Saucy.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 04-20-2005, 02:58 AM   #763
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Eye

Nice work, Thena.

But are you suggesting that getting mixed up with loyers may end up costing an arm and a leg ...?

Perish the thought!

Like an errant schoolboy, I left my post at home. So I'll put it up this evening.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:04 AM   #764
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
I have a post also prepared, and I'll stick it up after SpM's, after any relevant edits caused.

Time for another quickfire round of posts?
Old 04-20-2005, 06:31 PM   #765
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

I'm done ...
Old 04-21-2005, 11:34 AM   #766
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Very well done, Saucy! Your excellent post made for enjoyable reading today! I especially liked the "Mouth" parody and laughed (among many other laughs) over his lost Dragon love.

Thinking on how to continue, it seems to me that the end of your post calls for a reaction from Merisu, so I will put up a save. Should Rim's post belong in between, I can move it further down.

Question is, how do we continue? I assume that the big battle can begin, and that the Velour will have to come to the rescue, but I don't know if there are any plans behind the scenes for this part of the story. Please let me know if so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimbaud
Time for another quickfire round of posts?
Gladly - but what needs to happen next?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 04-22-2005, 07:28 AM   #767
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Trust us Esty. Saucepan, Diamond, Lush and i know what will happen after Merisu (tearfully) rejects Greedhog's offer.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:09 AM   #768
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Ooooh! A surprise for Her Entishness herself! Awesome!

Can I be oone of the pre-informed, or is that on a need-to-know basis? Gateskeeper is definitely back, at least for the near foreseeable future.

Also FYI, my work has clamped down on the use of chat at work (no surprise, that), so I'll seldom be on IRC during the day. This message forum is a good way to contact me, as is thenamir@barrowdowns.com.

Thenamir
Old 04-23-2005, 09:14 AM   #769
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

My post for Merisu is up; I don't think I can claim that I wrote it - it's more a plagiaristic parody patchwork of pieces pawned from popular passages...

I look forward to being surprised by what happens next! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help finish my story.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:07 PM   #770
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Impressive post, Esty! Though I recognized much of your source material, it was so arranged as to make me have to read it twice to force myself to think of those sources. Great job!
Old 04-23-2005, 02:15 PM   #771
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots even sew

Quilt while you are ahead, Esty.. (ducks from Mithadan's pun wraith)
Old 04-26-2005, 11:26 AM   #772
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

You have me in stitches, Bb!

I posted a "meanwhile, back....." interlude, just so that *something* happens...
Old 04-26-2005, 01:09 PM   #773
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

I do hope that Yawanna didn't overhear Mogul gloating about her gullibity ...

(hint, hint )
Old 04-26-2005, 01:13 PM   #774
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Gateskeeper *does* have a recording device as part of the Sound-khaard upgrade for his staff he got back at Marrow-Bones...
Old 04-26-2005, 01:26 PM   #775
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Outrage! I'm sure that breaks some sort of privacy law. Mogul shall get his loyers onto it immediately.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:30 PM   #776
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

If he lives that long...
Old 04-29-2005, 11:17 AM   #777
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Please accept my apologies if the new post steps on toes. As Esty told me yesterday,

Quote:
It is better to have posted and edited, than never to have posted at all.
I will be glad to make any changes necessary, including deleteing the post altogether if required.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:26 AM   #778
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

I should imagine that the only editing necessary will be for Mith to move his post after yours and pick it up from there. Wonderful post! Kontrole alt deleet!

But please please please remind of the source of klaatu barada nikto. I know that I know it, but can't quite recall from where. It's driving me crazy!

Quote:
If he lives that long...
You forget. He's immortal. And the void's not so bad once you get used to it.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:29 AM   #779
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Fine post, Thenamir! It shall be as Saucepan said. I will move my save and fill it in, hopefully this weekend.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:30 AM   #780
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

The phrase is from a classic black-and-white sci-fi movie, "The Day The Earth Stood Still". It was the command Klaatu the alien gave to the female lead to speak to the robot, Gort, to get him to quit mowing everything down and come to his master's rescue.

It was also used more recently in the movie "Army of Darkness" by the Bruce Campbell character as the words to retrieve the magic book he was after. And it's used in parodies all over.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:44 PM   #781
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

A great post, Thena! Nice use of technical possibilities, including but not limited to em-pethree. That definitely requires an answer from Yawanna, but I will wait until Mith fills in his save so as not to spoil plans. Saucy, please let me know if there is something you want me to include in posting for her.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:47 PM   #782
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Of all the people to be complaining about slow posting...

But yes, I have unlimited chutzpah.

Quote:
Trust us Esty. Saucepan, Diamond, Lush and i know what will happen after Merisu (tearfully) rejects Greedhog's offer.
But you won't share it with us? Sandbagging? Holding out on us? C'mon, fellow questians, geta move on.

Thenamir

<at the behest of she-who-shall-remain-nameless>
Old 05-02-2005, 05:48 PM   #783
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esty
Saucy, please let me know if there is something you want me to include in posting for her.
I wouldn't presume to predict Yawanna's reaction. But, as they say, a woman scorned ...
Old 05-02-2005, 09:07 PM   #784
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
I have momentarily shrugged off the shackles of exam-week, and have filled in my save. The next time you hear from me, I might already be in a real desert. Jordan!

If some crazy people drop a bomb on my head; I hope you guys miss me! (Just as much as everyone missed CrystalHeart for a few days)

And, as always, good job everyone.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:53 AM   #785
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

I will likely fill in my save tomorrow.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:01 PM   #786
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Plot twist successfully executed....
Old 05-05-2005, 06:51 PM   #787
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Oh, oh, that there be a shred of loyerlty in Meri Sue!

And praise be that the Pun Wraith did not need to respond to "Sewerim".

And will that be Mary Suerim?

And oh that this cameo writer was on retainer!

Really, it is rewarding to see a case summarised so well. A plea well bargained, bar none.

Okay, I rest, with no defense.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:28 AM   #788
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Bethberry: ouch. You serve a mean process with all those jury-rigged puns. Restraint is clearly in order.

All: is this going to be a trial (complete with a jury of peers, i.e. the rest of the Velour), or just a hearing before Mantoes for a temporary injunction? I was buried under real life and didn't get much of a chance to use Tickle-Me Ulmo, and would love to revisit him.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:06 PM   #789
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

And so the trial begins ....
Old 05-09-2005, 10:46 AM   #790
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Nicely done, Saucy!

Is Yawanna present in the jury box? And has she read her O-mail lately?
Old 05-10-2005, 04:16 AM   #791
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Sorry, Yawanna's had problems with her Pea-Sea; when she's caught up with the most pressing news, she will certainly react.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:29 AM   #792
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

If I may...

*cough*
Old 05-16-2005, 11:53 AM   #793
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Go for it, Kuru! I'll try to get a post for either Merisu or Yawanna, preferably both, up within a few days, but it would be nice to have Mith's save filled in first so I get an approximate idea of what's happening.

My PC problems resulted in failure to comment on Mith and Saucy's previous posts - thanks, guys! Both were excellent, very funny - I love Grrralph the Grrrey, ummm - Sueim, I mean. Any clue as to why he woke up just then? I also especially enjoyed Mantoes opening of the court session - so delightfully formal!
Old 05-16-2005, 12:15 PM   #794
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Question

Yeah, but, it's kind of hard to...

Well, it kind of seems like a pivotal post and all that...

How am I supposed to know how to follow up for something that hasn't happened yet?
Old 05-16-2005, 12:23 PM   #795
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

PM
Old 05-16-2005, 02:13 PM   #796
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Eye

Not sure if I should try that right now...
Old 05-16-2005, 02:16 PM   #797
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Kuru,

Just do what I did -- post a good story bit, and make Mith move his post to sometime after yours!
Old 05-16-2005, 02:18 PM   #798
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Oh, alright. Gimme a day or so...
Old 05-16-2005, 05:49 PM   #799
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Nyaah, nyaah! Got my post in first!
Old 05-16-2005, 09:46 PM   #800
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

One of Greedhogs clerks dropped this note, which I pass along.
Quote:
defoliating cleanser
de·foli·ation n. -- causing the leaves of trees and other plants to fall off (as by the use of chemicals)

Orcs are always defoliating things...I think he meant exfoliating:

ex·foli·ation n. -- To remove (a layer of skin, for example) in flakes or scales

===========

Yowee!! This is the 800th post in this discussion. Another milestone come and gone without ceremony or celebration.