Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2006, 06:07 AM   #561
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
I planned for Lola to be dragged rather unwillingly aboard Rune's little bandwagon. She doesn't really like tea: she only drinks bottled water and cosmopolitans. However, she'd find the inclusion of a pubescent teenage boy with a desire to protect her honor or some such rot (and rather more ability than any teenage boy has any right to have) infinitely amusing, and she might just come along for the fun and laughs associated with making sure the two don't ever get along.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:09 PM   #562
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

I've just posted!
Smilog set Anakron on fire! He was soon evicted from Mount Zoom and now has a long journey back ahead of him!
Old 10-18-2006, 10:35 AM   #563
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Hi folks.

How's it going? How is everybody?

I notice that we're running a little slow. Running dry on creativity? Confused? Buried with work? Captured by really big spaghetti monsters?

How about we make a master list of what still needs to be done to make life easier for everyone? We can weave plotlines together all we want, but a list of what should be taken care of before The End might be helpful.

So if you could take a moment or so to answer these questions:

Quote:
What do I want my character to have accomplished in this story?

How should my character have changed, if at all, before the end?

What is my character currently in the midst of doing?

What does my character still need to do to meet my end goal?
We can all read what's been written. We know what's currently going on in the story.

What we need to do is start tying up loose ends and pulling the plot back in again.

What I would like to happen is for everybody to, nearing the end, come face to face with the Blue Wizards. Before we can reach that climax, though, we need to simplify a little. You've done wonderfully in writing your characters into fun situations. You've done exactly what I hoped you'd do. But now we need to bring the diplomats back together (physically) so that they can face their greatest challenge thus far, making their ice breaker and ice cream difficulties seem (gasp!) trivial in comparison.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:44 AM   #564
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
It was a curious thing. A Giant Spaghetti Monster flew overhead and made me go to work.

In all seriousness, Panakeia currently has a cozy place to rest in the hippie valley. I'm planning a few posts to chronicle her time there, then she'll be back with her new-found friends to meet those blue Istari who ruined her romance whenever they make their reappearance.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:02 AM   #565
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.

Personally, I want to kill him off right at the end in a big shocking climax that no one will expect... ... erm... ignore all that.
Seriously, I want him to quit working for Roggie and go off on his own adventures into the mists of time...

A little more aware of how annoying he is, but still refusing to do anything about it.

Smilog is trying to get back to Mount Doom.
Tollin and The Barrow Wight ate investigating the Were Ducks.

Get back to Mount Doom and confront Roggie with his resignation.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:37 PM   #566
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
We're nearing the end? Doesn't feel like it, I must say...

Unfortunately, Lhuna and I keep each other at a good slow pace, our stories being rather entangled...

To have found his daughter, and either made arrangements to bring her back to Gondor, to stay behind with her, or to be sadly, lovingly, tearfully parted.

Not too much. Old men are set in their ways. But possibly to have softened. A bit.

Meeting Bobawen in the tavern, thinking she is his daughter, finding out if she is, and being generally entangled with Elrogorn who needs to have a blockbuster, adrenaline-filled battle with an army of wereducks.

Erm... besides that army of wereducks... we'll see.... I don't know exactly.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:17 PM   #567
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
We're nearing the end? Doesn't feel like it, I must say...
It's not so much that we're nearing the end...

Think of it more like we're nearing the place in the story where things really start to lead toward other stuff that leads to the end.

This is just an organizational idea I had so that we can get a good idea of what needs to be written at some point in the future.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:25 PM   #568
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.

Mayhem. Confusion. Killing things.

Ha ha! Change is for the sane.

Hunting Wereducks, standing by ineffectually while other people make Hissyfit do funny things.

There should be a massive battle with wereducks. Many innocents will die before then.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:35 AM   #569
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.

Having thoroughly confused everyone and then revealed himself as a pawn of evil, he needs to redeem himself with some last minute deed.

He should be content with his true nature as an angelic-looking blond sweetie and leave behind (ish) his superiority complex.

Stalking Lola ineffectively, looking for Alli to keep their appointment and accuse her of lycanthropy, and trying to dodge the Blue Wizards and Auntie Bellatrix who he double-crossed.

Give up on Lola, change sides a few more times, be exposed as a Werewolf, change sides again, betray the Blue Wizards again, defeat Fenrir Greyback and be cured of lycanthropy by Severus Snape.

While negotiating the treaty and all that jazz.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:13 AM   #570
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!

Help Hyarmenwë find his daughter, and continue living her *ehem* happy life.

She should have forgiven Dracomir and decided to let her hair down (at least literally) for the rest of her life.

Helping Hyarmenwë find his daughter. Specifically, meeting Bobawen in the tavern, doubting she is his daughter, finding out if she is, and being generally entangled with Elrogorn who needs to have a blockbuster, adrenaline-filled battle with an army of wereducks (that only because Elrogorn insists they're a fellowship of some sort, but I'm quite sure all she'll do is stand and watch until someone pulls her away from the battle scene).

I'm not quite sure if you're having a deja vu.

I think she desperately wants to flash a sweet grin at Dracomir, but I'm worried that there might not be any mandrakes in Mordor should he be too late in shouting "Expelliarmus!" or disarming her in any other manner. In any case, she has to teach him a lesson. Somehow.

Other than the whole revenge thing, she needs to know if she really wants out of Mordor, and how to convince Roggie if she does. All the while doing her job as a Mordorian ambassador.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 10-19-2006 at 03:53 AM.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:31 AM   #571
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Being fair and all...

---

What do I want my character to have accomplished in this story? Alli needs to get over Mardil, work out her feelings for Aimè, figure out why Illamatar isn't talking to her, do something about it, and have a climactic werewolf confrontation that may or may not involve Blue Wizards and Malfoidacil.

How should my character have changed, if at all, before the end? She should lose her Sight with good grace and develop some sense of normalcy.

Hiding out from werewolves that will attack as soon as they discover her Sight. Getting Aimè to take her to the graveyard. Looking cool.

What does my character still need to do to meet my end goal? She needs to have a few deep thoughts, get to the graveyard, have a deep conversation with Aimè, a Long Awaited Chat with Malfoidacil, a bonding moment with Illamatar, and a climactic battle scene.

--

What do I want my character to have accomplished in this story? Roggie of Morgoth should develop a nice strong backbone, calm his temper, and actually take responsibility for his realm.

How should my character have changed, if at all, before the end? He will end on good terms with Mardil and will learn how to make decisions without any advisors. He will start to like his job.

What is my character currently in the midst of doing? Moping, lurking, possibly drinking. Wishing he was still acting.

What does my character still need to do to meet my end goal? Have a private meeting with Mardil. Have a Deep Thought.

---

What do I want my character to have accomplished in this story? Illamatar should have a bit of fun intervening at random intervals. Really, that's about it.

How should my character have changed, if at all, before the end? He shouldn't.

What is my character currently in the midst of doing? Watching life like it's television.

What does my character still need to do to meet my end goal? Play mind games for his own amusement. Maybe nudge a small creature into a volcano to stop the world from ending. That sort of thing.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:03 AM   #572
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
My major trouble here is that I don't have a good idea of what I'm doing or trying to accomplish. I intended for Lola to be more of a cameo, and only incidental to the storyline, but she insists on hanging around and bothering the menfolk and her over-booked writer. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you, Rune. GTalk won't let me log in for some reason. I don't know when I'll have the time to write for Lola but I will try as soon as I can.

Lola is pleased with herself and her life, and she's content enough not to worry about accomplishment much. Her current job allows her to do pretty much whatever she pleases, which suits her.

Change is for less attractive people.

Proving to Draco and Frej that they aren't worthy.

Not much, really.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:24 AM   #573
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Save filled. Form, the usual.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:33 AM   #574
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Hey all, not going to be around again until Tuesday at which point I will do my answers to that little thingamajig, catch up on any posts and make one of my own. See you then.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:46 AM   #575
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.

Anakron is to have become reconciled to being the Grand Anakronist, AND get hooked up permanently with Panakeia. Whether he will succeed, however .......

He will become less hung up.

ISMing everybody in sight.

Get really mean ISMing folks, start a war, cause mass annihilation of orcs, trolls, and other former Mordorian baddies who have become various kinds of ISMs, get confronted by the Blue Istari who make him get his head straight, fall deeper in love with his erstwhile female side-kick, and get hitched up.... and enjoy it.

Any more questions?
Old 10-21-2006, 09:53 AM   #576
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Filling in the rest of the form...

Panakeia would like to hear wedding bells for Anakron and herself. She'd also like to convince him to drop the Grand Anakronist job, but whether or not she'll achieve that goal remains to be seen.

Hopefully freed of any of the ISMs she has picked up...or will be picking up. Become a little less self-righteous and lose some of her tendency to slightly pompous speeches directed at Anakron.

Wearing flowers in her hair and living with hippies.

Make it back from her current residence, probably bringing the Werehippies with her, confront the Blue Wizards and Anakron (again), be involved in general chaos, and (hopefully) get Anakron to come to his senses.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:02 PM   #577
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien

Make it back from her current residence, probably bringing the Werehippies with her, confront the Blue Wizards and Anakron (again), be involved in general chaos, and (hopefully) get Anakron to come to his senses.
Good luck.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:27 PM   #578
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Igor should have regained the lost accent over his name, had a wealth of new experiences, and just had a good time really.

Apparently he should have developed full use of both eyes, as well as learning that people really are as mad as he always thought they were.

Watching Anakron go steadily more crazy in the midst of various other Mordorians. Attempting not to get attacked by Hissyfit and/or Skittles.

Very little. Standing around ineffectually and accosting people in hallways seems to be working.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:28 AM   #579
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry

I'm sure you've noticed I've been absent from ATM for a long time. I want to apologise, both for the absence and the lack of an apology earlier.

At first, I lost some interest because the posts in ATM seemed to be dying down and the story didn't seem to be heading towards any sort of rational goal. Lately, as my blog readers will know, I've been very busy with university applications. I have free time, but I'm too drained to write. All this university business should be over by mid-December, which will also coincide with a two-week break from school; hopefully, the RPG will not have ended by then. If we're still going, I will try my best to catch up then.

Feel free to do anything appropriate to Angawen,

Jay
Old 10-26-2006, 08:02 AM   #580
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I am so sorry.

I really ment to have a reply up a long time ago. Unfortunately my life has be on an emotional downward slope for a while and it has really been hard on me. Yesterday I hit a new low, so it might be a while still before I can get around to post.

Yet again: I am very sorry.

Old 10-26-2006, 08:07 AM   #581
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Guys: NO APOLOGIES.

If you think a story is more important than university or than health and well-being, I perhaps need to teach you new ideas.

It's a story I'm working on, so obviously it's the most important story in the world, but sometimes priorities simply must be made.

Don't worry about it. Don't feel like you have to apologize.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:19 PM   #582
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Pipe 7th Age RPG Invitation

Bêthberry has offered a seasonal RPG in Rohan – The Veil is Lifted.

It’s a 7th Age game, based loosely around Hallowe’en and open to all comers.

Come join us and have a little fun!

Game Thread – HERE
Discussion Thread – THERE

~*~ Pio
Old 10-30-2006, 07:44 PM   #583
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Diiii - a - mooooond! He- llllooo - ooooo! ??? Are you out there? Posting soon? Do I need to change my last post to focus on something non-Skittles/Hissyfit?
Old 10-30-2006, 08:27 PM   #584
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Save filled. The WereHippies are coming to town.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:40 AM   #585
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

I am... alive!

Sort of.

I'm a little wrapped up in WW and work and work and work at the moment. I've been trying to think of funny things for Skittles to do. So far all I have is two options:

1) "What? Who? Where am I? What is my name? What is my purpose in life?" Skittles said, coming out of her trance.

2) "Okay, Mr. Big Stuff. Hit me with your best shot," said Skittles saucily.

That's it. That's all I got.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:23 AM   #586
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Dracomir is waiting on a response from Lola or Frej. I feel like posting, so may write today as Bellatrix or some other unforeseen factor.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:42 AM   #587
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18
I am... alive!

Sort of.

I'm a little wrapped up in WW and work and work and work at the moment. I've been trying to think of funny things for Skittles to do. So far all I have is two options:

1) "What? Who? Where am I? What is my name? What is my purpose in life?" Skittles said, coming out of her trance.

2) "Okay, Mr. Big Stuff. Hit me with your best shot," said Skittles saucily.

That's it. That's all I got.
Gimme da sauce!
Old 11-09-2006, 12:39 PM   #588
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

I'm going to be in Jolly Wales from Friday until late on Sunday. So that means no Internetting for me till then.
So, I made a post to hopefully tie me over until then.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:03 PM   #589
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

I am a bad, bad person, and I deserve to be flogged repeatedly with noodles of various kinds and saturations.

However, I have finally managed a post.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:39 AM   #590
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hmm... Fea, I'm assuming you were refering to Tollin and The Barrow Wight in your save. I hope they don't die, they were supposed to meet up with Smilog later on... with "hilarious" consequences.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:04 AM   #591
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

No worries, I was referring to Aime and Alli.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:13 PM   #592
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Save filled. Sorry that took so long.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:19 PM   #593
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
No worries, I was referring to Aime and Alli.
I just read "Inebriated" and "Duo" and made assumptions.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:30 AM   #594
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
So I am back in the game. . .I hope my post is not mixing up anything, I don't think it is, but I am nervouse because I have been gone so long and I might have over looked something.

Jenny is not around right now, so I have downplayed Lola as I cannot write in the way Jenny does.

OH yeah. . .if ever I am ages posting, please bump me. I tend to forget RPG's when I actually have the time to do some writting and remember them when I am very bussy.

Old 12-16-2006, 08:08 AM   #595
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Ahh. How did I miss that last post about Anakron?

May I borrow the Blue Istari for a moment to de-ISM Panakeia and company?

And I hope Anakron is only mostly dead. Then he'd be slightly alive.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:26 PM   #596
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
Ahh. How did I miss that last post about Anakron?
I was wondering about your silence.....

Quote:
And I hope Anakron is only mostly dead. Then he'd be slightly alive.
If you want to keep Anakron around at all, the only thing I wish to happen is for a split to occur, as it did once before in ATM1, and only Elempi comes alive. Which is about as close to playing myself as I'll ever get!
Old 12-16-2006, 07:16 PM   #597
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

I know. I'd been away from the 7th until the 11th other than one quick check in. I didn't make it to ATM, but cleared the new subscribed threads alert by logging in. So I missed that there was a new addition until today.

Panakeia will be deISMized sometime within the next 24 hours...

Last edited by Celuien; 12-16-2006 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:00 AM   #598
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Save filled. Sorry it took me more than forty-eight hours...
Old 12-30-2006, 01:45 PM   #599
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

I'm just a tad curious to know if there is some kind of central goal we should start to be thinking about pointing our characters in the direction of. So... is there?
I'm only asking because I'm short of ideas.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:33 PM   #600
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Feanor is absent for a while. When she'll be back I don't know. The only thing I do know is that every writer's primary character is supposed to have a run-in with the Blue Istari. What that is supposed to look like is, I imagine, up to the writer so long as it does not violate as yet unknown exceptions Feanor may have. That's all I know.