The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-27-2003, 06:17 AM   #1
samrohan
Wight

samrohan has just left Hobbiton.
Sting ROTK Preview - Your views...

I am immensely looking forward to the third part of the trilogy, as it contains some of my favorite moments in the book. Especially the journey of the two hobbits in Mordor and the Minas Tirith battle.<P>However, after seeing the preview and little extract of the making of the ROTK, I am worried the film will not reflect Minas Tirith in all its splendour.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:04 AM   #2
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Shield

I must say, I enjoyed the trailer and interviews. There was a <I>lot</I> more Pippin than I expected... And I liked the scene where Denethor was telling Pippin that he would never bow down to Aragorn, and the look on Pippin's face when he is told that (dunno if that goes against the books though; I remember Gandalf telling Pippin to not speak of Aragorn to Denethor before they met with him...).
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 09:10 AM   #3
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Sting

I thought it looked great But then again I thought that The Two Towers preview was amazing, and...well...yeah <P>So I’m trying not to get my hopes up, but it looks good, very good…..lets just hope the movie does it justice……<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> However, after seeing the preview and little extract of the making of the ROTK, I am worried the film will not reflect Minas Tirith in all its splendour. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It might not in the sense you want it reflected, but it probably will in the way P.J wants it....
Old 08-27-2003, 02:45 PM   #4
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well...they might just display Minas Tirith like they displayed Edoras: far off with music, then getting closer (music swelling...swelling...SWELLING...) and then a little closeup look at the inside of the city. And then, of course, we'll see it a lot when the battle starts.
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 03:09 PM   #5
Failivrin
Wight

Failivrin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i think it looks pretty good. i am really looking forward to aragorn and saruman who i hope gets a larger part than last time
Old 08-27-2003, 03:27 PM   #6
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I thought the preview looked wonderful! I was already starting to get quite sad when they were talking about what is going to happen to Frodo and stuff like that. I still wish they would have talked a little less about the battle and more about the story, but that is just because for me the story is my favorite part.
Old 08-27-2003, 03:32 PM   #7
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>However, after seeing the preview and little extract of the making of the ROTK, I am worried the film will not reflect Minas Tirith in all its splendour.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I'm afraid that in the books, Minas Tirith doesn't have much 'splendour' left to it. It's suposed to be fairly run-down & mostly empty, so it's not going to look like Price Charming's Castle. <P>P.S. I am fairly confident that PJ won't mess it up, it'll probably turn out great.<p>[ August 27, 2003: Message edited by: The Only Real Estel ]
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 05:34 PM   #8
Shy Hobbit
Wight

Shy Hobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The only complaint I have about the preview is how he said that everyone is involved in the battle "as is Eomer as is <B>Eowyn</B>" I was like NOOOO That's supposed to be a surprise! I'm thinking there may not be a Dernhelm and Aragorn's "I do not think that will be your fate" line was forseeing something. <P>Other than that, it was quite impressive I especially liked the motion capture with horses.

~The Fellowship of the King~
Shy Hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 06:48 PM   #9
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I'm thinking there may not be a Dernhelm<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Do not fear, my friend. Somebody on this site saw a spoiler picture of Eowyn as Dernhelm.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:51 PM   #10
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm having a little trouble wrapping my head around Dernhelm.<P>-There's a picture of Eowyn in armour but she hardly appears to be too much in disguise (though there could easily be a part of the costume that has come away from her face in that shot).<P>-There's a shot of Merry riding in battle in the RotK preview. He looks to be riding alone.<P>-But then there's a shot in the RotK preview of Jackson directing Otto. She is on horseback, dressed rather shabbily (ie. in disguise) and there is a scale double Merry sitting in front of her.<P>There's got to be a way to make the pieces fit. Perhaps they are discovered before arriving at Pelennor and since they cannot ride back to Edoras, they are welcomed into the Rohirrim. I don't know.<P>H.C.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:02 PM   #11
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arwen Eruantale has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Eruantale
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I am fairly confident that PJ won't mess it up, it'll probably turn out great.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah. Mr. Jackson has done remarkably well so far. I've been more than pleasantly surprised. (actually, my reactions are probably closer to awe.) <BR>Besides, he's had more time to refine this one. I'm sure we shan't be dissapointed...

Will you pay attention?
Arwen Eruantale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 08:56 PM   #12
mollecon
Wight

mollecon has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, I don't think they went through the trouble of building a complete scale 1:72 model of Minas Tirith if they didn't intend to use it...
mollecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 09:06 PM   #13
Maeglanthirion
Animated Skeleton

Maeglanthirion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Maeglanthirion
Tolkien

I can't wait. My only complaint would be now that I want to see RotK really really bad now. I don't think I can wait much longer. I loved that shot of Gandalf coming to the top of the wall and it's orcs as far as the eye can see. I can't wait. I also loved when they were showing the Rohirrim charging. I loved the cavalry charge at the climax of the Two Towers. One thing made me scratch my head though. They were talking about 200,000 orcs I think. I believe they over inflated the numbers by a lot. I dunno. I'll look it up.
"I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come, when the courage of men fails, and we break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. This day, we fight!..."
Maeglanthirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 09:40 PM   #14
mollecon
Wight

Sting

I think the 200,000 is quite plausible - the 'puter program especially developed to the battle scenes can handle that. They also had 'only' some 250 real horses for their shoots - they are gonna 'blow' that up digitally so it looks like <I>a lot</I> more! <P>I'm looking forward to it, too
Old 08-28-2003, 12:55 AM   #15
samrohan
Wight

Sting

I can't remember seeing Shelob in the preview, is PJ keeping that a surprise, as Gollum does only mention "She will take care of them", or something of that effect.<P>I wonder who they will cast for that role?<BR>Cher or Liz Taylor? or computer graphics? <p>[ August 28, 2003: Message edited by: samrohan ]
Old 08-28-2003, 05:26 AM   #16
mollecon
Wight

Sting

I don't think they'll cast Cher or Liz Taylor - that would be <I>too</I> scary , & they have to consider their ratings...
Old 08-28-2003, 06:27 AM   #17
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

Beyond a shot of a leg or an eye, don't expect to see Shelob until the movie is released. That's one they'll save for the film. They did the same thing with the Balrog in Fellowship and Gollum in Two Towers.<P>Shortly before the film is released, they will usually have a minute or so sequence that they'll release for all the entertainments shows' "exclusive look". From Fellowship it was the Cave Troll. From Two Towers it was the Warg attack. I wonder what it will be for Return of the King?<P>H.C.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:00 AM   #18
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I can't remember seeing Shelob in the preview, is PJ keeping that a surprise, as Gollum does only mention "She will take care of them", or something of that effect. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Most likely it will be kept as a suprise. I only wish PJ wouldn't have shown Gandalf coming back to everybody & their uncle's brother's kitchen sink. Of course it'd be hard to keep the word from getting out as I'm sure tolkien readers would tell some of their friends, etc. But I wasn't thrilled that PJ greatly helped it along. Seriously it would've been cool for at least some people to be caught of balance (although I did like the way that they kept changing from Gandalf's voice to Saruman's in Fangorn, that was cool ).
Old 08-28-2003, 12:55 PM   #19
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dûm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I thought it looked great. And I'm glad that they had that trailer on the end, because I had been trying to download it and could only get the sound, no pictures. So that was good. <BR>What I'm looking forward to is seeing Denethor (didn't he look excellent??) becoming more depressed and mad, seeing Merry and Pippin come into their own and Eowyn as Dernhelm (that'd better be in). And the Pellannor fields battle is going to be humungoso!<BR>What am I worried about? Well, in the preview they talked about how broken Frodo was. In the book that was bad (not badly done, his brokenness was bad), so I'm guessing in the film PJ will play it up and make it even worse. And I will get *soo* upset. So I'm not really worried about how they interperate it, I'm worried about how I will react and get myself all upset for him.
Old 08-28-2003, 01:51 PM   #20
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

I agree, I think the disintegration of Frodo will be far stronger than in the book. I guess the idea is to make it abundantly clear why Frodo has to leave Middle Earth. I'll have to wait to see how I react to it. To me Frodo should come across as being almost hollow. Like all the best parts of him were intricately interweaved with The Ring and when it went, so did he.<P>I heard somewhere a comparision (I think this came from Wood) to Saving Private Ryan. I hope this is in reference to Grey Havens, because I think that feel is right. That in war some people have to leave this earth. It is the responsibility of the rest of use to earn and appreciate what we have because of their sacrafice. That is why I think it is so important for Sam to go back to his family at the end.<P>H.C.<P>H.C.
Old 08-28-2003, 02:39 PM   #21
mpt120
Pile O'Bones

mpt120 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to mpt120 Send a message via AIM to mpt120
Sting

I think that the preview looked GREAT!! For all of you ppl who think it will suck and are ed off at PJ about all sorts of things I think u need to lgihten up.LOL It looks fantastic, but of course there has to be variations from the books. The movie would NOT work otherwise. But from what I have seen the variations will not affect the crucial elements of the story, and may add more excitement to an already exciting story!<BR>Those are my thoughts.<P>mpt120
mpt120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 02:50 PM   #22
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The preview is super. I cannot wait to see Denethor!!<P>The Battle of Pelennor is rather tame. Faramir is good, but Helm's Deep is much more of an exiting battle. Perhaps it is just the footage I saw. I'm hoping the trailer or perhaps even the actual movie will up its status.
Old 08-28-2003, 07:05 PM   #23
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> That in war some people have to leave this earth. It is the responsibility of the rest of use to earn and appreciate what we have because of their sacrafice. That is why I think it is so important for Sam to go back to his family at the end.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>*sigh* Whoa. Hit the nail right on the head HC. <BR>It's so true. The whole Grey Havens scene at the end of the book has to be one of, if not my very favourite scene out of the whole thing. It's the culmination, the epitome, of the entire story, the purpose for everything. It's awesome.

Will you pay attention?
Old 08-28-2003, 07:23 PM   #24
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I can't remember seeing Shelob in the preview ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No, I'm sure that she'll be kept under wraps (webs?) until the film comes out. But you notice how prevalent shots of Frodo in Shelob's lair are in the trailer and the various stills that have been released? I'm sure that's just to tease us all. In the RotK documentary on the TTT DVD, when Jackson talks to the camera in the editing room, the screen is showing Frodo in her lair looking up in horror. As the camera panned to the screen, I was thinking "I wonder if we'll see her for just a ... oh drat!"<P>Yup, I just can't wait to see the ol' web-spinner herself. Must be something to do with my fear-but-at-the-same-time-fascination of spiders. Just as long as she doesn't turn out like those darned Wargs ... <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I wonder who they will cast for that role?<BR>Cher or Liz Taylor? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ouch! Meeee-ow!
Old 08-28-2003, 08:05 PM   #25
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

I thought the preview looked brilliant. It's nice to know that PJ is leaving in the scene where Pippin looks in the palantir; that was one of my favorite parts in the Books. And, to concur with everyone else, Shelob had *better* be done correctly. Or else....... gr...<P>Abedithon le,<P>~*~Aranel~*~
Old 08-29-2003, 12:49 AM   #26
samrohan
Wight

Sting

The sentinels in Cirith Ungol, if I remember the name of the citadel garding the entrance to Mordor that Frodo and Sam took should be spectacular. That fairly little citadel is on the edge of a cliff and a very important part of the scenery in the ROTK.<P>Shelob's lair looked good and I reckon PJ did well lighting it up a bit as in the book the two hobbits or at least Sam spend most of their time in the darkness and stench.<P>Another scene in the preview which is spectacular is the meeting of Gandlaf and the Nazgul in Minas Tirith, what a nail biter for all but especially those who have not yet read the book. IF THERE ARE STILL SOME OUT THERE???
Old 08-29-2003, 10:09 AM   #27
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Another scene in the preview which is spectacular is the meeting of Gandlaf and the Nazgul in Minas Tirith<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Ah yes. One of the highest points of the 'preview'.
Old 08-29-2003, 12:38 PM   #28
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The preview is super. I cannot wait to see Denethor!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I totally saw that coming, Meela.
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 02:42 PM   #29
Quirkette
Haunting Spirit

Quirkette has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I'm like a little kid when I watch these movies, so bear with me.<P>Will Frodo and Sam really be "crawling" to Mt. Doom? I'd cry.<P>The sheer amount of people in battle. There was a shot of that. I can't even conceive of the amount I was looking at.
Old 08-29-2003, 03:02 PM   #30
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

I think everyone pretty much agrees that the figure running into the tower is Sam running into Cirith Ungol, right? Because it doesn't look like Barad-dur, and I somehow can't imagine a mere orc gaining passage into Barad-dur by what appears to be the main entrance. So with that established, I have some wonderings about the scenes with Cirith Ungol. First of all, how scary are they going to make the Silent Watchers? Knowing PJ, they are probably going to be very freaky. They always chilled me in the book, but I'm kind of scared of what they'll be like in the movie. And secondly, when Sam finds Frodo in the Tower, his clothes have been taken by the orcs. How is the movie going to handle <I>that</I>?

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 04:10 PM   #31
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I'm thinking there may not be a Dernhelm <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Don't worry, I'm sure PJ will be smart enough to not mess up that part of the book. I doubt you'll hear the name Dernhelm much or see many pictures of Eowyn as Derhelm, though. Why? Because, it'd be terrible if Eowyn's disguise was spoiled for non-readers!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> when Sam finds Frodo in the Tower, his clothes have been taken by the orcs. How is the movie going to handle that? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Actually, I've been wondering that myself ever since I first read ROTK. If Frodo is stripped of his clothing in the movie (which I think will happen), the shots of Frodo will probably (and hopefully) be above his waist.
Old 08-30-2003, 08:42 AM   #32
thephantomcredits
Animated Skeleton

thephantomcredits has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Is the idea that sauron somehow believes Pippen has the ring in gondor a bother to anyone. This idea brings logic to Frodo and sam being seen at osgiliath with the ring by the nazgul. Is this the sole reason the eye is now focused on Hobbits in Gondor
Old 08-30-2003, 10:17 AM   #33
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

I thought the preview was great. That battle scene is sure to be awesome.

Will you pay attention?
Old 08-30-2003, 04:32 PM   #34
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> the shots of Frodo will probably (and hopefully) be above his waist. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>My thoughts exactly.....

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 04:57 PM   #35
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

Welcome to the Downs, thephantomcredits! Hope you enjoy being dead!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Is the idea that sauron somehow believes Pippen has the ring in gondor a bother to anyone. This idea brings logic to Frodo and sam being seen at osgiliath with the ring by the nazgul. Is this the sole reason the eye is now focused on Hobbits in Gondor<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes, the 'Pippin has the Ring' idea does slightly worry me, but I'm not sure if I agree with your theory about Frodo in Osgiliath. <P>The way I read it, Jackson's mention of Sauron thinking Pippin had the Ring provided both relief and worry about RotK for me. Relief: it sounds like PJ's going to keep the Palantir scene. Thank Eru! I was so worried he was going to cut it, but now it seems as though he's using that scene to add a Pippin subplot, which also worries me. <P>I know the idea of Sauron being aware of Pippin is touched on in the book as a result of him using the Palantir and a cause for his flee to Minas Tirith, but I'm afraid that PJ will overdo it and create a 'Sauron's-after-Pip' subplot that will last far longer than it should. Heck, he could even carry it as far as to battle at the Black Gates! Remember his 'Aragorn-is-dead' subplot from TTT? Whew. It seems far to likely to me.. but at least the Palantir scene is likely to survive the cut...<p>[ August 30, 2003: Message edited by: arianrod ]
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 05:12 PM   #36
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Is the idea that sauron somehow believes Pippen has the ring in gondor a bother to anyone. This idea brings logic to Frodo and sam being seen at osgiliath with the ring by the nazgul. Is this the sole reason the eye is now focused on Hobbits in Gondor<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> You'd think that Sauron/The Blackrider that got his ride shot would call for the other 8 riders to rush to Osigliath & attack Frodo. I've heard that in the EE Faramir leads them out through the 'sewer system' or some underground tunnel of that sort. Still though, with Sam's long speech & all, the Nazgul would've made it there in plenty of time. That strikes me as a rather gaping plot hole in PJ's version of TTT.<p>[ August 30, 2003: Message edited by: The Only Real Estel ]
Old 08-30-2003, 05:20 PM   #37
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>You'd think that Sauron/The Blacrider that got his ride shot at would call for the other 8 riders to rush to Osigliath & attack Frodo. ... That strikes me as a rather gaping plot hole in PJ's version of TTT.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I thought it was odd that one arrow could've stopped the Rider at all. Here he is, face to face with the Ringbearer, the Ring in grasp, then one small shot in the thick hide of the neck and the beast flies away? It almost made it seem like more of a pride issue than one of physical pain; maybe the beast just got its feelings hurt? Talk about winged stead of terror... <P>Ok, but back on the subject, I agree that Shelob will be kept secret, and am quite happy that PJ's hiding it from the previews. I want Shelob to shock me in the theaters, not in a trailer.
Old 08-30-2003, 05:25 PM   #38
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I thought it was odd that one arrow could've stopped the Rider at all. Here he is, face to face with the Ringbearer, the Ring in grasp, then one small shot in the thick hide of the neck and the beast flies away? It almost made it seem like more of a pride issue than one of physical pain; maybe the beast just got its feelings hurt? Talk about winged stead of terror... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Yeah...but in the books Legolas shoots down a 'winged beast'. I think that since PJ exaggerated them, it makes it seem stupid. It's like the Cave Troll being shot with an arrow, really, it should do barely anything, thanks to PJ's portrayal of it. I thought it looked cool, but it was to large if he's going to throw in Faramir shooting it. If the beast would've been more down to size, & been shot out of the air, then there's really not much the BlackRider can do. That's why I thought it strange he didn't just signal the others... .
Old 08-30-2003, 07:04 PM   #39
arianrod
Wight

Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>but in the books Legolas shoots down a 'winged beast'.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ah, yes, I'd forgotten about that. And I am satisfied with PJ's large-scale image of the beasts; it added to the movie to see such a large creature almost poised to attack such a little hobbit. I see your point though; it was odd that the Rider didn't signal for backup. Were there more than one there? I can't remember...
Old 08-30-2003, 07:18 PM   #40
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Were there more than one there? I can't remember...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I don't think so. Osgiiath is fairly close to Mordor, though, & the beast could 'fly like the wind'; or something to that affect . So I'm sure they could've made it from Mordor even. Oh well, I was satisfied with the larger-scale beast as well, until he got the tiny arrow shot into him. At that point I was just wondering: <I>Oh sure...THAT'S going to stop him alright</I> . As I said before, it should've had roughly the same affect on him than Legolas's arrow did on the Cave Troll.