The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-12-2008, 10:52 AM   #121
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Is it just me or does there seem to be a semi-concensus on voting Brinn?

Fillibustering is being like Phantom. Basically just blabbering incessantly to stop/interrupt/prevent discussion.

EDIT: x'd with a few....ish
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:52 AM   #122
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
If I have to choose between the current ones it will be CoD .. something too clever clever about the day 1 thing...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:52 AM   #123
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
If Brinn is innocent she is good to have around and I'm not too confident of her guilt right now - even if I see why she could be a wolf.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:52 AM   #124
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Mac, I bet you don't need me saying this because you already know it, but I'm going to anyway...maybe you got a couple wolfies latching on to an easy choice. Either that you have ordinaries who think you've made the best "case" today.
Would you please explain to me why it's suspicious if I give a short list of my top candidates in response to Nogrod, but Nogrod giving a short list of candidiates to begin with is not?
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:54 AM   #125
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
If Brinn is innocent she is good to have around and I'm not too confident of her guilt right now - even if I see why she could be a wolf.
The man speaks the truth. That's why I'm still considering my vote. Bah!

EDIT: x'd (sort of, I refreshed but didn't read if that makes sense) with Mac, who also speaks the truth by the way.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:55 AM   #126
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'd hate to see CoD go this early, simply because he's a fascinating specimen I've never seen before.

*twirls a wand*
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:56 AM   #127
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I think I will go with CaptainofDespair. I do suspect both Brinn and Gwath, but I can see "the other side", too, so I'm not overly confident with either. CoD, judging from his contributions today (no offense intended), would be the least of a loss if innocent.

++CaptainofDespair
Old 09-12-2008, 10:56 AM   #128
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Eh....I don't know what to think with Brinn's defence there. I'm always convinced of innocence by such a frank type of statement. But then wolves can also say things like that I suppose if they have no more time for setting up a defence. And she's clever.

No, I'll stay with my vote.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:56 AM   #129
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Umm I think CoD is going to be a victim for a wolf bandwagon
Old 09-12-2008, 10:57 AM   #130
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
CoD is the "easy" lynch and therefore probably wrong... Boro I would like to have around.

I'd say Gwath as I think his behaviour has been over-defencive to the point of being suspicious. Of others I have not as much.

What say you others?
Old 09-12-2008, 10:57 AM   #131
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Do you want to get lynched Boro?

Old 09-12-2008, 10:57 AM   #132
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Anyways, if anyone expects me to beg and plead for my life I won't. I tried that last time I got lynched and look where that got me (that nasty Agan-wolf's to blame).
Old 09-12-2008, 10:58 AM   #133
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Would you please explain to me why it's suspicious if I give a short list of my top candidates in response to Nogrod, but Nogrod giving a short list of candidiates to begin with is not?~Mac
Sorry for my faux pas, I was responding to you feeling torn about Brin because some said no, and lately others came on and liked your case. So, I just said could be a wolf setting you up and latching on to an easy reason for a vote. If you're not a wolf.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:58 AM   #134
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
2 minutes-ish.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:58 AM   #135
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'll try it then

++ Gwath
Old 09-12-2008, 10:59 AM   #136
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I think I will go with CaptainofDespair. I do suspect both Brinn and Gwath, but I can see "the other side", too, so I'm not overly confident with either. CoD, judging from his contributions today (no offense intended), would be the least of a loss if innocent.

++CaptainofDespair

It's true, Captain has been the least helpful, but that doesn't mean we have a Captain Fuzzball on our hands. I can't kill someone with good conscience when I have no idea what they're on about, at least not the first Day.

Between the two candidates besides Captain....

++Boro (sorry, dearie. hate to see you go but....you understand....)

EDIT: x'd with a host, including a now slightly-more-innocent-looking Boro. Well isn't that just wizard.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:59 AM   #137
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Would probably go for Shasta or Nogrod if there was a point but for bad reasons (not to lose Boro and Brin yet)

++ Captain of Despair

Old 09-12-2008, 10:59 AM   #138
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Oh my... How about when two have the same number of votes? Which one goes?
Old 09-12-2008, 10:59 AM   #139
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Do you want to get lynched Boro?~Mith
Well I was hoping to stay around longer...but I wouldn't be the biggest loss.

++Lalwende
Old 09-12-2008, 11:00 AM   #140
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Deadline.

Have to count votes again...

Edit:

CaptainofDespair has been lynched. He was a Werewolf. Narration will have to come later.

Night 2 has begun and all that. Wolves, you may PM; send me your kill. Seer, send me your dream. Ranger, send me the name of whom you wish to protect.

Last edited by Durelin; 09-12-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:01 AM   #141
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Uh... Boro you're either a hero or the greatest bluffer ever...

EDIT: sorry about going over the deadline.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:25 PM   #142
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

The Day Which Should Not Be Named

As usual, no one had a clue. Well, three among them knew what was going on, and all they had to do was stay alive. At least, that was the idea.

For some time, no one seemed to stand out. Before long, names were being tossed out at random. Reactions were ‘analyzed’ and vendettas continued from confrontations long past. Most everyone knew where each other stood on the important issues, such as proper pairings, whether or not ‘procedurally’ is Will Wright’s favorite word, and of course how they felt about Day Ones.

What mattered most on a day like today was whether or not you stood out. Boromir88 certainly set off some fireworks, but then there was this CaptainofDespair, in full costume…

“What is that?!” someone queried.

“It’s a rat!”

“Eww, let’s kill it!”

‘Cluny the Scourge’ was too busy organizing his troops and preparing for his siege of Day One. “Day One will become forever known as ‘Cluny’s Day!’” the Captain was speaking to himself. “First toDay, then toMorrow…then the entire convention! All shall attend “Cluny’s Con” and serve the might of Cluny the Scourge in constant terror of his wrath!”

At the sound of footsteps behind him, he turned, and among the people coming towards him he glimpsed a robed, hooded figure. It was just like in his dreams! Cluny the Scourge reached for his barbed tail, his weapon of choice, but he could make no move toward anyone before death came crashing down in the form of a large ceiling light.

“Pip-pip, onk-onk!” Lalwendë addressed the newly deceased.

The other con-goers picked through the debris to see precisely what kind of creature they had smooshed.

“Yup, still looks like a rat to me.”

Jedi Master N’Rwen stepped forward, her lightsaber humming. She dutifully removed Cluny the Scourge’s head, and CaptainofDespair’s with it. It went rolling, and then Cluny’s face burst apart. Everyone looked to Boro, but he just shrugged. When the smoke cleared, they did not see the human face most dreaded and suspected. Fur revealed more fur...a darker fur.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

~The Dead~

Leonard Nimoy (Half-Vulcan) ~ illogically murdered by the wolves
CaptainofDespair (Wererat) ~ Crushed on Day 1 to reveal his Dark Side
Day One (Evil Wizard) ~ Brought down alongside the might of Cluny the Scourge

~The Living~

Rikae - Stalker of the preciousss Andy Serkis
Nerwen - Jedi Master, specializing in memorabilia collecting and movie quoting
Feanor of the Peredhil - Rabid Cosmo fan and TOS-TNG Trekkie with opinions
Boromir88 - Fireworks Pyro and Sean Bean's #1 fan
Nilpaurion Felagund - Noldo with a zanpakutou named Telpelin and the Mangekyou Sharingan
Nogrod - "Spore" anticipator who wants to play Eru
Gwathagor - Academian lost among lunatics and pop culture
satansaloser2005 - "Doctor Who" Luuuver
McCaber - Old School RPer
Shastanis Althreduin - Rabid Hermione Fan-wizard
Brinniel - 'Reality' TV Fan
Mithalwen - Confused hardcore Tolkienista who thought she was going to Oxonmoot
Isabellkya - Rabid fan of Vampire Princess Miyu
Lalwendë - "In The Night Garden" Fan-mother
Kath - Pro-Harry/Hermione Fan-witch
Macalaure - "Civilization" fan with Machiavellian tendencies

Night 2 has begun. Yeah, said it already. Just felt like something belonged here.

Last edited by Durelin; 09-14-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:49 AM   #143
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Night 2 - Kath and the Deathly Howls

One moment, Kath was sleeping in the hotel room she shared with Shasta and other Harry Potter enthusiasts – everyone packed in to as few rooms as possible – and the next…she woke to the feeling of a cold tiled floor. Two sets of bright yellow eyes peered down at her.

Kath leaped to her feet, drawing her wand. “Expelliarmus!” she cried with finesse to match Harry Potter’s.

The eyes still stared, the dark forms that they belonged to unflinching.

“What?!” Kath cried. “That’s the only spell I know,” she groaned, “and that was good enough for Harry! Even when he faced…”

“Hermione…” came a growl from one of the dark figures, cutting her off. Both eyes took on a mischievous light.

“…Weasley.”

“What…did you say?” Kath asked, breathless, as if the wind had been knocked out of her.

“Rose…” the other figure growled.

“No!”

“Hugo…”

No!

They almost had her. The creatures decided to try another angle.

“Albus Sev--”

“No, no, no!

Kath fell to her knees. It was all just too much…

That was when they pounced.

~*~

The next morning the con-goers found another typically grisly scene, but this time no suspects were taken into custody. No one had any doubt what they were up against anymore, not after seeing what was written in Kath’s blood…

~The Moonys

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

~The Dead~

Leonard Nimoy (Half-Vulcan) ~ illogically murdered by the wolves
CaptainofDespair (Wererat) ~ Crushed on Day 1 to reveal his Dark Side
Day One (Evil Wizard) ~ Brought down alongside the might of Cluny the Scourge
Kath (Ordinary Innocent) ~ Emotionally tortured and ripped apart by the wolves on Night 2

~The Living~

Rikae - Stalker of the preciousss Andy Serkis
Nerwen - Jedi Master, specializing in memorabilia collecting and movie quoting
Feanor of the Peredhil - Rabid Cosmo fan and TOS-TNG Trekkie with opinions
Boromir88 - Fireworks Pyro and Sean Bean's #1 fan
Nilpaurion Felagund - Noldo with a zanpakutou named Telpelin and the Mangekyou Sharingan
Nogrod - "Spore" anticipator who wants to play Eru
Gwathagor - Academian lost among lunatics and pop culture
satansaloser2005 - "Doctor Who" Luuuver
McCaber - Old School RPer
Shastanis Althreduin - Rabid Hermione Fan-wizard
Brinniel - 'Reality' TV Fan
Mithalwen - Confused hardcore Tolkienista who thought she was going to Oxonmoot
Isabellkya - Rabid fan of Vampire Princess Miyu
Lalwendë - "In The Night Garden" Fan-mother
Macalaure - "Civilization" fan with Machiavellian tendencies

Night Two is over.

Day Two begins.

Wolves, cease PMing.

Last edited by Durelin; 09-14-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:01 AM   #144
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
So I get out of classes yesterday, and I'm thinking "Wow, I love art history! I'm barely aware I'm even taking it." And I'm thinking "Wow, I love aesthetics. It's so funny, having class with smart alecky boys." And I'm reading the thread and I'm eating lunch and I'm thinking "Wait, who has the most votes? What's happening?" And I take a slightly closer look and think "Why did they kill Cap? ZOMG he's a wolf?"

So now I'm thinking I need to reread the thread and figure out how people saw his behavior and was like "Wolf" when I really hadn't thought twice about him.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:16 AM   #145
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I thought for sure that was going to end in disaster. What a thrill. Now why do you hate Day 1's again Fea?

P.S. I'm going to a ball game tomorrow at 1, so I will have to vote pretty early today.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:22 AM   #146
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Now why do you hate Day 1's again Fea?
Chaos theory.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:30 AM   #147
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
CoD's role was pretty surprising. I wasn't expecting him to be a wolf...but then again I've never played with him before so I didn't know what to expect. And to think I was starting to feel bad for the guy to be a Day 1 lynchee since I don't think he's played for awhile...

Okay, so the voting count:

Rikae: ++Sally (Sally 1)
Shasta: ++Boromir (Sally 1, Boromir 1)
Brinn: ++Mac (Sally 1, Boromir 1, Mac 1)
Gwath: ++Rikae (Sally 1, Boromir 1, Mac 1, Rikae 1)
McCaber: ++CoD (Sally 1, Boromir 1, Mac 1, Rikae 1, CoD 1)
Lalwendë: ++Brinn (Sally 1, Boromir 1, Mac 1, Rikae 1, CoD 1, Brinn 1)
Fëa: ++Boro (Sally 1, Boromir 2, Mac 1, Rikae 1, CoD 1, Brinn 1)
Izzy: ++CoD (Sally 1, Boromir 2, Mac 1, Rikae 1, CoD 2, Brinn 1)
Kath: ++Brinn (Sally 1, Boromir 2, Mac 1, Rikae 1, CoD 2, Brinn 2)
Mac: ++CoD (Sally 1, Boromir 2, Mac 1, Rikae 1, CoD 3, Brinn 2)
Nogrod: ++Gwath (Sally 1, Boromir 2, Mac 1, Rikae 1, CoD 3, Brinn 2, Gwath 1)
Sally: ++Boromir (Sally 1, Boromir 3, Mac 1, Rikae 1, CoD 3, Brinn 2, Gwath 1)
Mithalwen: ++CoD (Sally 1, Boromir 3, Mac 1, Rikae 1, CoD 4, Brinn 2, Gwath 1)
Boromir: ++Lal (Sally 1, Boromir 3, Mac 1, Rikae 1, CoD 4, Brinn 2, Gwath 1, Lal 1)

What does this mean? Well, we can't disregard the possibility of a wolf-on-wolf vote...but when it was so close I think it's less likely. If any of the CoD voters were wolves, I think it would've been an earlier voter...unless we have some very bold wolves among us.

So McCaber, Izzy, Mac, and Mith look pretty innocent to me right now...particularly the latter two.

Question: Why kill Kath? In my opinion, there were probably more obvious kills than her after a Fenris Wolf....so she's an interesting choice.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:52 AM   #148
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Hi, I am here but need to read through. I maz have to vote earlz since I think I am doing the good godmother act tomorrow....

Old 09-13-2008, 11:54 AM   #149
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

So CoD was really a wolf. Hehe. I don't think such a shot in the dark (at least for me it partly was one) has ever been successful, but eventually, it had to.

They killed Kath... my first idea is that the wolves try to turn their misery into an advantage and have us run out of things to say today: CoD was rather silent, and Kath hasn't been too talkative either.

I'll be back later with thoughts on the dead and the voting.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:01 PM   #150
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Fea, have you been watching Jurassic Park lately?

Quote:
Question: Why kill Kath? In my opinion, there were probably more obvious kills than her after a Fenris Wolf....so she's an interesting choice.~Brin
Everyone's always surprised when Kath dies...well except for Mith. I think that's the only blotch on Mith's record is if she was a wolf she would go for Kath very early.

Brin, check out this theory...Kath appeared, says she agrees with Mac's points against you and thus votes for you. You're a wolf, believed Kath was the seer, and she dreamed about you (because of the way she kind of sneakily enters in and casts a vote for you). Now you come in to the day asking about "why kill Kath?" to look like you're trying to help us.

or, well the wolves are setting you up honey.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:14 PM   #151
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Ooh look what I found. In post 67 CoD, votes for Day 1. In post 69 (some 50 minutes later):

Quote:
Seriously? No, really, you're bluffing right? This is one of those 'I'm going to let the Daleks think they can kill me but really my companion is bringing the TARDIS back in five minutes to save my behind' kind of things, right?

I just find this extremely....not good. (Late night, apologies. Off for a nap then I'll come back. And if I don't, as fair warning, it's because my computer's been acting up like none other.)~Sally
In Post 92:
Quote:
Captain: I've played with a few Captains before, and it's always interesting. Harkness always wants to "meet new people" and that creepy woman from UNIT had an obsession with left-hand turns. This Captain? Votes, but doesn't. At the same time, though, I've never played with Captain before, so I'll just leave this alone, at least for toDay.
Post 119:
Quote:
I agree. I'm between Boro and Brinn myself, unless something happens in these last ten(ish) minutes. I'd like to figure out what Captain's up to so I'm not too keen on that route. Bah, I'll send this and see what time the Downs says it is, then I may comment more.
Post 136:
Quote:
It's true, Captain has been the least helpful, but that doesn't mean we have a Captain Fuzzball on our hands. I can't kill someone with good conscience when I have no idea what they're on about, at least not the first Day.

Between the two candidates besides Captain....

++Boro (sorry, dearie. hate to see you go but....you understand....)
Sally is the first one to point out the strangeness in CoD's vote, and continues to go back to that, but when it comes down to crunch time she votes for me. Now, she did consistently name me and Brin as her other suspects, but so?...that's a clever wolf covering her tracks. In her last post she defends CoD and explains why she can't vote for him and goes on to vote for me. Sorry, sally, I don't understand why you voted for me, care to explain?
Old 09-13-2008, 12:17 PM   #152
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
[Everyone's always surprised when Kath dies...well except for Mith. I think that's the only blotch on Mith's record is if she was a wolf she would go for Kath very early.

[.
Kath is a very good player who hadn't been around much. She also wasn't an obvious choice for ranger protection. Though I got that wrong....

But Boro dearest, I fear you may have taken a knock to the head - only blotch on my record as a wolf wanting Kath dead? More or less unanimously Fenrised first time, gave my self up another .... only successes thanks to my team mates.... you are up to something and I am stilll trying it figure it out. I am not used to you being this nice to me in werewolf games.........

Old 09-13-2008, 12:22 PM   #153
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
But Boro dearest, I fear you may have taken a knock to the head - only blotch on my record as a wolf wanting Kath dead? More or less unanimously Fenrised first time, gave my self up another .... only successes thanks to my team mates.... you are up to something and I am stilll trying it figure it out. I am not used to you being this nice to me in werewolf games.........~Mith
Oh no, no, I met in this village the only reason I can think to suspect you is Kath ends up dead on Day 1, and I know you like killing Kath on Day 1.

Now what am I up to for being much nicer to you in this game? Well, I have that soothing, calm sense in your posts that I get from an innocent Mith. And call it my strange way of telling you there was no need to apologize.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:25 PM   #154
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir
Brin, check out this theory...Kath appeared, says she agrees with Mac's points against you and thus votes for you. You're a wolf, believed Kath was the seer, and she dreamed about you (because of the way she kind of sneakily enters in and casts a vote for you). Now you come in to the day asking about "why kill Kath?" to look like you're trying to help us.

or, well the wolves are setting you up honey.
Hah, well it must be the latter because I'm certainly not a wolf.

Anyway, do you really think I would kill someone on Night 2 thinking they're a possible seer just because they voted me? I know from past games I'm someone who's rarely ever dreamt of...and honestly, the possibility that the seer would dream of me on Night 1 is the last thing I'd expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
Kath is a very good player who hadn't been around much. She also wasn't an obvious choice for ranger protection.
Ah yes, the ranger...I almost forgot. Perhaps that's why the wolves didn't kill those who I thought would be more obvious choices. Good point.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:31 PM   #155
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Oh no, no, I met in this village the only reason I can think to suspect you is Kath ends up dead on Day 1, and I know you like killing Kath on Day 1.

Now what am I up to for being much nicer to you in this game? Well, I have that soothing, calm sense in your posts that I get from an innocent Mith. And call it my strange way of telling you there was no need to apologize.
But I value her friendship enough not to make a habit of it...

Ah you move in mysterious ways....

Old 09-13-2008, 12:42 PM   #156
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

CaptainofDespair only made one real post. He's mildly suspicious of me, Rikae, and Boro, so I would say that not both Rikae and Boro are wolves.

Kath only had one real post, too. She suspects Brinn and votes for her. She also slightly suspicious of Mith and says she doesn't know why people don't like Boro.

I still think she was killed for the lack of trails. But I think it's possible, though not too likely, that a Brinnwolf wanted to get rid of one of her attackers.

Early Votes:
Rikae -> Sally. More or less random vote.
Shasta -> Boro. Either hunch or spite.
Brinn -> Mac. A bit of a retaliation there, but on Day 1, you often don't have any better.
Gwath -> Rikae. Can't really follow his reasoning. Not sure what to think of this vote.

Mid-votes:
Caber -> CoD. Probably an innocent vote. He must've been aware that this vote could cause a bandwaggon.
Lal -> Brinn. I can see her reasoning, so her vote doesn't make me suspicious.
Fea -> Boro. Their feud has been going on all day, so the vote isn't surprising. I'm still somewhat uneasy about Fea and will look at her closely today.
Izzy -> CoD. Surely an innocent vote, because it keeps his name in the pot.
Kath -> Brinn.
me -> Cod. Most innocentish vote of all.

Late votes:
Nogrod -> Gwath. He's consistent in his suspicion. He could have voted Boro to save CoD (unless Boro's a wolf, too), but didn't.
Sally -> Boro. This vote has me thinking.
Mith -> CoD. This is most likely this is an innocent vote, but I could see it as a backstab, too. I think it's possible Mithwolf thought it was too risky to try to save him and instead decided to sacrifice him to make herself look good.
Boro -> Lal This has a bit of a throwaway feeling to it. However, if he and CoD are both wolves, why didn't Boro act earlier and gave his vote to a third candidate to make it possible for them both to survive?

The only vote that's somewhat suspicious is Sally's. This has me thinking at least one, maybe both, wolves are hiding among the earlier voters.

The Captain's Day One vote caused some eyebrows to be raised early. McCaber votes for him, Sally thinks about it, but then decides to give him a second chance. Then there's Izzy's vote rather out of the blue. After that, Nogrod ponders voting for him as a second-best choice. Mith and I then state we might vote for him and will later do so. Shasta, Sally, and Boro dissuade people from going after CoD. Nogrod refrains from it and goes with his first choice (who at this point was very unlikely to get enough support).
Old 09-13-2008, 12:51 PM   #157
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

In a nutshell:

Worried about:
Brinn, Fea, Gwath, Sally

Slightly worried about:
Boro, Nogrod

No idea:
Nerwen, Nilp

Not sure about, but not alarmed:
Rikae, Shasta

Probably innocent:
Isabellkya, Lal, McCaber, Mith
Old 09-13-2008, 12:55 PM   #158
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Hm, well. A couple of thoughts -
for me, at least, the CoD lynch seems like just too much of a windfall. I can't help but wonder how much of a wolf-on-wolf component may be involved in it. I suppose, as Sally points out, Izzy and McCobbler's votes look the most wolvish from that standpoint, but perhaps Mac or Mith decided to risk sacrificing a fellow to look good in the eyes of the village - I wouldn't rule it out.

I still don't like the looks of Boro. I like them less and less, in fact - he seems generally too smooth, as if he is trying to win allies, and at the same time, his case against Sally looks rather trumped up to me. After all, however you try to spin it, he made a rather frantic-looking effort to save CoD before DL yesterDay, and now he goes after Sally for her doubts about CoD as a lynchee. Well, Sally's doubts, to me, look just like what I would have been thinking, had I been around at the time - the truth is, there really wasn't a whole lot of solid reasoning behind the lynching, wolf or no wolf - it looked just like the typical "lynch the oddball on day 1" fiasco. Voting for Day One, actually, was something I considered doing myself yesterDay, after hearing everyone go on and on about how awful it was.

One other thought - Brinniel continues to look very innocent and sincere. In fact, she seems almost to be playing up the sincerity thing, now that it's been pointed out - but perhaps that's just paranoia on my part.

EDIT: X'd two Macs. (Edited again when I realized I mentioned cross-posts that actually weren't)

Last edited by Rikae; 09-13-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 12:59 PM   #159
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Oh, and there was a misunderstanding from my side about Boro yesterday. His post #115 was obviously cross-posted with my #114 (even though it's not remarked). In the heat of the last 10 minutes I didn't noticed it and didn't see he was really referring to my #112 and that's why I complained in #124.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Sorry for my faux pas
Nah, mine.

Last edited by Macalaure; 09-13-2008 at 01:01 PM. Reason: crossed with Rikae... spoils tassty triple-posst...
Old 09-13-2008, 01:13 PM   #160
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Wow.
What a strike of luck.
My voting on CoD was pretty darn random. I was trying to make a vote while trying to get out the door at the same time. His voting of Day One stood out in my mind the most, so I figured heh why not.

To me, Kath's death; looks like an attempt at a clean kill.
I know, for some reason I always get her and The Ka mixed up, because of K's and A's.. and being quiet on the first day.

Boro when you duped the others when claiming false Rangership, who is it you were trying to kill when Shasta protected them? Wasn't it Kath?