Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2003, 03:14 PM   #321
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thanks. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Maika, Ruiel is angry at impending failure. She's an ambitious woman and doesn't take setbacks, particularly disasterous setbacks well.

Right now, she does not yet know enough to conclude if her kin have disappointed her. Upon reaching Dryea, she could remedy that lack of information, so she will not be angry with Dryea.

Happy to bump into Mari on the way.

I've yet to figure out if it's plausible that Ruiel and Mari get to Dryea, much less win her free. After they are two women and Eckthelion has a Tower full of guards. Should it prove implausible, don't be surprised if Ruiel flees without Dryea. Therein could be Dryeas bargaining chip. A merciful sentance in return for finding her mother. Rest assured, Ruiel's hatred of Gonder and unswerving loyalty shall not diminish over this. If anything, it will be fuel for her fire.

As for Alethea, reprisal against her seems to be another chapter in this story. I wonder if it does not fall outside of our scope on this RP.

Time for me to go do some planning and research for what I expect to be Ruiel's last post for this RP. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 10-08-2003, 04:22 PM   #322
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

*Throws up hands in defeat* Oh have it your way Elora but please leave Mari behind if Ruiel and her cowardice flees without Dryea for I’m sure between the two of them they could come up with something. I will not leave my character at the hands of filthy Gondorian officials! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Very well, should I wait for Elora to post Ruiel's finale before I pull mine together? I only see one thing left for Dryea to do. And that's escape! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

-Maikafanawen
Old 10-08-2003, 05:45 PM   #323
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Quote:
I've yet to figure out if it's plausible that Ruiel and Mari get to Dryea, much less win her free.
Elora, Maika,

If the scenario I've set up doesn't work for a realistic rescue, please tell me how you want it changed and I will comply by editing my post. I will be very glad to do this.

I do agree that a rescue of Dryea is in order, and I am extremely reluctant to get into additional subplots and allotments of time: having Dryea go after Alethea, or setting up a situation where Rueil leaves her daughter behind and Dryea needs to devise another plan to escape on her own.

The Alethea/Dryea conflict is potentially complicated and could be resolved in a later game. At one point Arien and I even talked informally about a possible proposal involving a wild chase between the two sisters across the seas....

Please let me know if you need additional help to bring this game to a conclusion.

Cami

[ October 08, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 10-08-2003, 06:11 PM   #324
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Pio,

Please check your e-mail.

Cami
Old 10-08-2003, 06:20 PM   #325
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

My final [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] post for for Adrama and Addruran is finished, and if either Child or Pio could put it in my SAVE space that would be wonderful. The SAVE is on the 7th page, Oct. 6th, 5:46.

Quote:
Adrama floated across the floor in a dream, thinking of all that had happened recently. The uncovering of the spy, Addruran, her argument with her mother, her talk with Alethea.... Smiling fondly, she glanced over across the dance floor where her mother and father were also dancing, happy and relaxed. Adrama had been so pleased when her mother had given consent to the engagement.

Adrama's eyes travelled to Denethor and Finduilas. Finduilas was quite relaxed in Denethor's arms, and she was dancing gracefully, looking very lovely that night. Her eyes were locked with Denethor's as they moved about the floor. "Addruran, would you mind if we went and said hello to Denethor and Finduilas?" Adrama asked. When Addruran gave her a questioning look, she blushed and her head dropped. "I've been rather awful to them recently," she explained, her voice filled with shame. "I'd like to make up for it."

Taking her hand and giving it an encouraging squeeze, Addruran led her across the dance floor, where he paused Denethor and Finduilas. The latter two looked at the couple inquiringly, and some concern flickered in Finduilas' eyes as she recognized Adrama as Pelien's daughter. Adrama saw it and took Finduilas' hand, blushing furiously. "I hope both of you will forgive my family," she said slowly. "I realize that you must have been rather bothered that my mother brought up those rumors, but I assure you her intentions were not bad. Perhaps, though, it was rather rude. But our intentions were not..." Realizing that she was repeating herself, Adrama bit her lip. "I have also been very foolish," she said. Her eyes strayed to Denethor's face, wondering what he would think of her if she said, but then she remembered Addruran's presence by her side, and that she didn't care what Denethor thought anymore. And she confessed how she had been hoping all the rumors about Finduilas were true so she, Adrama, might marry Denethor. In speaking of the latter, Adrama blushed a little, for it was hard to admit to Denethor's face that she had been in love with him, but she received no scornful looks.

"I'm sorry for that," Adrama said. "But you can thank Addruran I didn't join with the traitors who have been hiding here, for if he hadn't come and encouraged me I very well might have, whether from despair or hatred of you, I know not." She paused, then, looking first at Finduilas and then at Denethor, said, "I beg your forgiveness."

"And you have it," Finduilas said. "Tessa once met with your mother for tea, and when she returned she told me about you, saying she'd taken quite a liking to you. I myself have wondered greatly about you. You seemed very mysterious."

"Perhaps I hid my feelings because I knew deep inside I was ashamed of them," Adrama replied. "Thank you."

Denethor, seeing Adrama was uncomfortable, skillfully changed the subject. "So you are Addruran," he said. "I have heard about you. My father speaks highly of you, and tells me you played a large part in capturing Athadan, the spy. Thank you for your service."

"Thank you, sir," said Addruran, trying to hide his embarrassment. "We don't wish to interrupt your dancing anymore. Farewell." With a nod to Denethor and a little bow to Finduilas, Addruran took Adrama's hand and they began to dance again.

Dancing forward into my life, Adrama thought as she went over the familiar steps of the dance, falling into a dreamworld. She thought of the children she would raise, and how hard their life would be, yet so easy. She thought forward to the day when their first child would be born, and what joy would come with that day. And then their second, and their third, and so on. And when they were old, and they would have grandchildren to love, and then someday when they had great grand children, until at last they drifted away from this world. It would be a beautiful life, and the beginning of that wonderful and glorious life was now, when at last all had been resolved and all her fears and doubts had been left far behind as they danced on.
I like the idea about the game concerning Alethea and Dryea. Let me know if you decide to go through with it. I wonder if Adrama and Addruran could find any place in a story of the likes? *ponders*
Old 10-08-2003, 07:15 PM   #326
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

This game needs to wrap up now - it is way over deadline.

Elora - go ahead and have your character take off. A nice long, single post would be fine here. Leave Dryea's maid(?)[Mari, correct?] as she requested.

Maika - I will be setting up a scene late tonight, after I return from a meeting, - there is a pro-Umbar guard who serves in the prison where your character is kept. He will effect your escape with the help of Mari.

I'll set all that up so that you are well on your way to a waiting ship? or however you can flee Gondor. You can then write one post to get you on your way . . .

Then I am supposing there will be a wrap up post by Cami.

Note: There are SAVES set up for each of these posts - so just leave your final posts here on the discussion thread.

This game will be closed on October 10th. so all final posts must be in by then, midnight, Pacific Time, U.S.

[ October 08, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 10-09-2003, 01:32 AM   #327
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Id like to say thanks to everyone for a great game! Espec. the women behind the women; The Dol Amroth Ladies it was great playing along with you guys. I loved Averyll, Elen, Tessa and Finduilas. Thanks for your support!

Everyone else: Wow! This really turned into one of the great games that you read here. I loved RPing with all you you.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 10-09-2003, 05:53 AM   #328
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Sting

Hello.

I feel kind of guilty here, because I haven't participated in the RPG for a long time. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Since the end is near I just wanted to say that I can post a final post for Betuli if you want me to. Please let me know.. Thanks! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

If you don't want me to write a final post for her, I understand.

Even though I haven't written myself I have read the whole RPG, and it is truly wonderful. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] There are so many excellent writers....
Old 10-09-2003, 07:15 AM   #329
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Oro,

If you'd like to do a post, I'll be glad to paste it up in any space you'd like. However, it does need to be in by the deadline that Pio mentioned.

I can cut and paste into any box on the thread so just let me know where you want it (date and time; before or after the existing post).

Hope that helps.

Cami
Old 10-09-2003, 07:28 AM   #330
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Sting

Thanks! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I'll start writing right away [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2003, 07:56 AM   #331
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Nuru,

I'll paste up that post as soon as I get home from work early this afternoon.

Cami
Old 10-09-2003, 08:41 AM   #332
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ealasaide has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Id like to say thanks to everyone for a great game! Espec. the women behind the women; The Dol Amroth Ladies it was great playing along with you guys. I loved Averyll, Elen, Tessa and Finduilas. Thanks for your support!
Thanks, Everdawn! Yes, I've enjoyed our little group quite a lot, too. Everyone has done a fabulous job! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

It has been a true pleasure writing with all of you!
Old 10-09-2003, 09:41 AM   #333
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Sting

Cami-
Okay, here is my post for Betuli. I would like you to place it: October 07, 2003 02:20 PM, I don't know if you'd like to place it between the two posts that are already placed there, or if you want to place it in the end or in the beginning. It's up to you, where you find it most suitable. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I really hope the post suites the other post that you've already posted. If not, just let me know where there should be adjustments etc.
But I will not have computer access for the next two days, I'm afraid. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I have hand it in for repair. So if there should be editing and you don't see this until tomorrow, you can just do it yourself. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Betuli was going towards the ballroom. She though she heard the sound of music while she walked. She imagined how it would be, the lovely outfits, the handsome lads and of course the music. Betuli had always wanted to attend such a nice event, but she had never really been invited, she was after all just a maid. But even though she only was a maid, it had never stopped her from peeking, and sometimes even stand in the entry. But then again, there had not been many balls and similar events yet. She hoped that her Lady's marriage would bring more of these things in the future. Maybe she one day would be invited, but that was still just a silly dream.

A horrible thought suddenly strucked the maid as she walked. What us Finduilas didn't want to keep her old maids when she married Denenthor? What if she wouldn't be able to serve her after Finduilas' marriage? Betuli gave a short sigh. Then she gave another sigh, and noticed that she had stopped walking. Time will show , Betuli though and her feet started to walk again, and she passed one of the kitchens.

Suddenly she heard footsteps. They were going fast and stern over the floor. The steps were walking towards the ballroom, as herself. Betuli couldn't help herself; she was very curious, but a bit anxious at the same time. What could this be? She hurried around the corner, and to her big surprise she saw guards! Guards? Betuli though as she walked slowly towards one of them. They were all in a rush and didn't seem to notice her before she was asking one of them a question.

"What..?" The guard answered, he didn't seem to understand Betuli's question. Or perhaps he hadn't heard her.

"Why are there so many guards here?" She asked again, in a slow and suspicious voice.

"We are going to arrest...." He didn't complete his own sentence. He gave a short nod another guard, probably his head. He to a step away from Betuli and continued: "I'm sorry, but I cannot give you further information, we must move quickly. So if you'll excuse me...." After he had finished he walked over to the other guards, and soon all of them were gone. Betuli heard them going up the stairs, hurried but stern steps.

Betuli was left alone, with an empty feeling. Well, perhaps not empty. She was still very curious about the arrest. Who had done a deed of such an ill matter that there would have to be guards to capture him? The thought of it was not comforting. A person who had committed such things, were to Betuli's disgust.

The curiosity had finally slipped her mind and body when she continued down towards the ball some minutes later.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

It's been a really nice RPG, with excellent writers, as I've already said (Previous post [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] ).

~Oro [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2003, 10:13 AM   #334
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Orofaniel -

Nice post. I put it on board for you! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~~ Pio
Old 10-09-2003, 10:17 AM   #335
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Sting

Thanks! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2003, 11:02 AM   #336
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I would just like to drop in for a moment and say farewell and thank you to everyone. What a great game this was! Very thrilling, interesting, and a great challenge to my writing skills. It's going to be great to simply settle back and read it, though I will miss writing for it. I hope to have the pleasure of RPing with you all again!

And thank you so very much, Child, for if you hadn't mentioned having an all-women RPG in the first place, this game never would have never come to be!

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~Nuru
Old 10-09-2003, 11:16 AM   #337
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Nuru,

Your post is up. Pio beat me to it! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks to everyone who participated, and especially those who made it through to the end! I look forward to reading the final posts.

Should there ever be a "sequel", I envision it in very different terms as swashbuckling adventure on the high seas with a bit of piracy and kidnapping thrown in to boot. And I'm quite sure Adrama could learn to wield a cutlass if encouraged by her husband, particularly if she unexpectedly found her life at stake!

Cami

[ October 09, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 10-09-2003, 11:32 AM   #338
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

I can just TASTE the sequel! Mmm pirates are my specialty!! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Pio: I got your PM. I'm going out the door right now for my appt. concerning these bloody wisdom teeth holes, but I will be back around 3:00. I'll put my final post up then.

S'been fun!

-Maikafanawen
Old 10-09-2003, 02:23 PM   #339
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Okay here's Dryea's final post for the game:

Quote:
Dryea's kicks and clawing weren't as futile as the guards would have liked them to be. She left a very nice gash on the shorter one's jaw and the stocky one limped from a good kick to the knee.

"You can't do this to me!" Dryea screamed at the oak door after it had been locked. "I was framed! I-I," she paused to catch her breath, "I'm in mourning!"

"You keep an eye on that one," she heard one of them say to the warden. "She’s a tricky one, she is. Don’t let her wheedle you into anything!"

She screamed again good and loud and the stones overhead seemed to shake with the resonating cry. Then the wooden covering was slid over the square barred window in the door and their voices were cut off. Unwilling to give up hope just yet she began to search around the floor of her cell for any sort of hint that could get her out. Her hands still bound, Dryea dug at the mortar between the stones on the wall and stood up on the bench chained to the wall to see out the slit of a window in the back wall.

There was no way out. She jumped down off the bench and stamped her feet in incorrigible fury. Her fists pounded the door and as she yelled and pleaded for mercy, anything to get out and have a go at escape.

When that failed she backed up to the bench and sat down with a force that shook the chains and flakes of mortar fell into her hair.

"Errr—Damn it!" she said slamming the palm of her hands down on the seat. Breathing deeply she pressed her head against the stone. "Oh man, think, think.... Curse you mother! Leaving me to perish for your errs! You should have seen this coming! I knew we'd be betrayed!" Tears of aggravation slid down her cheeks and she stood again, searching fruitlessly for a way out.

A key was slipped into the lock on her cell door and opened it. Dryea crouched behind the door as it opened, ready to pounce on whomever it was that entered. A slender figure wrapped in a fine black cloak entered with a basket on her arm. She instinctively backed up towards the vacant side of the door and shut it so that her foot kept it open and she could see who hid behind.

Dryea stood and advanced quickly ready to claw the person's brain out if she had to. Anything to get free.

"Wait!" the person hissed and she pulled back the cowl to reveal herself.

"Mari!" Dryea gasped in shock. The maid's eyes widened as a signal to hush. The warden entered the cell behind her.

"I've brought necessities," she said deliberately. "Gaeran has let me in to give them to you." Dryea's eyes expanded. Mari nodded, an enigmatic twinkle to her eye.

"We haven't much time," Gaeran said taking off his helmet and setting it on the bench. "You'll have to take my clothes to get out of here." Dryea nodded and began to undress hurriedly. The warden turned his back respectfully as Mari helped Dryea don his clothes so that they gave her a manly appearance.

"Were we under different circumstances," Mari said, tying the warden's belt around Dryea's waist, "I might laugh at you." The respectful tone of voice she'd harbored as a maid in the Morthaniawen's house was gone. She spoke as an equal to Dryea: a friend. Dryea rolled her eyes.

"Maybe I should make you wear my dress and stay here in the cells in my place?" she said threateningly. Mari didn't even blink.

"I don’t think so, because then how will you find the weapons and real clothes I've hidden for you just outside?" Mari smiled. "Besides," she said, picking up one of Dryea's silver soled heels. "Gaeran's offered to do that for us." In one fluid movement the maid had hit the warden over the head, drawing blood, and the two women watched emotionlessly as he slid to the floor unconscious.

"How nice of him," Dryea mused. They wrapped him in the black mourning gown and stuffed him into a sleeping position in one of the corners. "Sweet dreams," Dryea whispered.

"We don’t have time for corny jokes," Mari said handing her the helmet. "We've got to go." Dressed as the prison warden and a love interest on her arm, the two women left the prison, dropping the keys beside the sleeping Forlong. Adopting the prideful stride of the prison warden, Dryea successfully 'escorted' Mari from the prison and out of sight.

Once they had reached the place where Mari stashed their things, she discarded the basket and gave Dryea her leather bag. The fugitive looked inside and beamed. "Very nice Mari, well done!" Slipping behind a tree to change into the more suitable clothes, Dryea listened as Mari relayed to her the plan.

"There's a ship docked at Harlond waiting to take us to Umbar. Drian sent a message ahead to Tr Dalon, the captain, and he's waiting for us there. We'll be back in Umbar by the end of the month at latest."

"And what of my mother?" Dryea asked indifferently. Mari shrugged, "I don’t think she knows of Tr Dalon's attendance at the docks. She'll probably miss the boat unless you want to risk your neck looking for her." Dryea scoffed.

"She's a big girl, Ruiel can take care of herself." Dressed now in her native black leather clothes, Dryea emerged tying her sword to her belt. "So where are the horses?" Mari laughed and the two made their way to the stables. Black horses were ideal for night travel and luckily the two women were able to find them and tack them up quickly. Then they were off at a furious gallop towards Harlond and safely out of harm's way.

The women rode their horses right onto the ship where it rocked and strained against the hawsers which held her at the end of stone wharf that jutted out into the choppy water. "Ahoy Dryea!" first mate Dawser acknowledged the first rider.

"Alright Captain Dalon!" Dryea shouted up to where he stood by the helmsman. "We'd do well to be off now!" The man nodded and shouted orders for the men to cut the hawsers and lower the boats to guide them through the harbor.

"Quickly and quietly men!" Dawser relayed Tr Dalon's orders. Dryea and Mari handed the reins over to one of the younger sailors who took the enervated horses to the ship's small stable. Then they mounted the stairs to greet their captain. The wind blew thunderously and the flags whipped and cracked.

"It's good to have you aboard Mistress Dryea," Captain Dalon said bowing respectfully. "And you Mistress Mari. Your company is always a pleasure. Make yourselves comfortable. Your quarters are adjacent from mine just below where I stand here. You should find things appropriate for a woman's stay on a ship. Your request is my command."

Dryea nodded her thanks and gazed out over the ship's stern as it sailed out of harbor. The wind caught her auburn hair and blew it magnificently about her as she watched the Morthaniawen's failure in conquering Gondor grow distant. Mari came and stood beside her then, her eyes hard and dark and wishing the same fate for the traitors to Umbar. Soon they'd have their vengeance and Gondor would be theirs at last!
It's been fun guys! I'd be interested to see what a sequel to this would look like.

Cheers!
-Maikafanawen
Old 10-09-2003, 02:42 PM   #340
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Great post Maika! I've pasted it in the game.

I will try to work on something tonight, even if I need to revise it again later, after Elora's post comes in.

Quote:
I'd be interested to see what a sequel to this would look like.
That would depend on who did the proposal! But I would hope that it would be wild and free-swinging, with one sister (you know who) unexpectedly going after a ship which just happened to have the other sister on it and some of her sister's friends. How Rueil would play into this is anyone's guess! This incident could possibly be set four years later and be the precipitating event that led to Eckthelion's decision to let Thorongil have a go against the Corsair fleet.

sharon

[ October 09, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 10-09-2003, 04:10 PM   #341
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well, looks like time zones have carried things forward whilst I was elsewhere! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Here's Ruiel's last post:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ruiel swore plainly as she shook her booted foot free of the puddle she had been forced to leap into. The wagon clattered past, laden with vegetables, the driver not so much as glancing at the person he had nearly run down as he flicked the reins over the rumps of his horse team. Her lips twisted in disgust as the filthy water, oily and dirty, was shaken off. She tugged her hood down further and continued on with her head doggedly bowed.

She was late, on account of Dryea being missing from the Tower! Both daughters were traitors. The thought was sour in her stomach, along with the fact that maternal concern had made her a fool in going to fetch Dryea when she should have left her there. It would be the last time Ruiel ever gave any concern to a hide other than her own. The smell of the docks was redolent in the air. She was close now.

The cry of hawkers with all manner of intriguing wares that would be quickly tucked away at the merest sniff of the Steward's Guard or Customs Officers was everywhere. Ruiel ignored them all, her destination clearly in mind. She jostled and shouldered her way through the press, searching for the ship.

She found Captain Trelan in his customary guise as a civilian ship's master in short order. The dock would not be so crowded were he standing there in his true garb. He turned, shouting an order for the loading of cargo and stopped as Ruiel stepped forward. He smiled and nodded lightly to her.

"Something amusing Captain?" Ruiel was not in a humourous fram of mind.
"Only that I'm a good 3 gold wealthier than I was before seeing you."
"Gambling is a vice of these weak Gondorian rabble that will only lead you into disolute ways," Ruiel stated firmly. Trelan paid her no heed, familiar with Ruiel over many years now.

"Likely," he replied before calling for his First Mate. Eric loped down the boarding plank nimbly, noted Ruiel and then threw his arm back up in the direction of the horizon.

"There's people as you're already knowin' aship," he drawled.
"Eric," Captain Dalon mildly said. Eric scowled at the wooden dock planks.
"We're getting read to set to, C'ptan..." Ruiel left the pair to sort out whether Eric was good for the 3 gold he'd wagered on Ruiel emerging and alternative forms of payment.

Ruiel ascended the gangplank and stood in the prow, watching the departing ship. She'd sort out those passengers soon enough. The rattle of the anchor chain being wound chinked and wobbled as men cinched it up. Ruiel turned from her study and made her way through the tangle of ropes and men dashing about to get to their posts. Ruiel was below deck as she heard Eric call, "Slip the moors!"

Within the hour, she sat with her cloak removed in Trelan's quarters. The Corsair sat across from her, war hardened face speculative and his fingers steepled before him.

"Tell me Madame, how are your daughters?" Ruiel twirled the glass of thick Umbarian brandy in her fingers and only smiled.

"They are Morthaniawen, Captian. Therein lies your answer."

Trelan smiled back at the viper across from him and wondered how long it would be before one Morthaniawen asp claimed ascendancy. It would be a good fight, and he fancied Eric might find some more gold to wager. He raised his glass in salute at Umbar's longest serving spy and the woman that had been responsible for Trelan winning a handsom share of wagers and Eric's ongoing penury.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope that works.

Great work one and all. It's been a challenge to manage a RP with so many characters that was met admirably by each.

It's been a pleasure. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 10-09-2003, 04:24 PM   #342
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Elora,

That is perfect. She certainly is a nasty woman!

I too have enjoyed playing with you.

And now that I am the only "laggard" poster, and I will slip off and craft the final post.

Cami
Old 10-09-2003, 11:32 PM   #343
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

That's it! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] My final post is up.....a rambling discourse that tries to set the game in some sort of wider perspective.

Thanks everyone for your hard work and cooperation!

Cami
Old 10-10-2003, 01:16 PM   #344
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

To Elvenhome